Print Page | Close Window

New to Weaves- Question

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=363592
Printed Date: May 22 2018 at 4:09am

Topic: New to Weaves- Question
Posted By: PurpleBag
Subject: New to Weaves- Question
Date Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:57pm
I I've being reading this forum for a few months to gain more knowledge on weaves. I ordered my first virgin hair for the first time last week. The hair itself is nice, but the bundles are a color 2 and the closure a color 1b/off black. I specified that I wanted brown for my order. 

Is it okay to install it with those mix matched colors as they are? I don't want to walk around looking dumb. Or should I just email the vendor and ask them to send me a new one. The reason I don't want to email them is that they may send me a bad closure as a replacement. 

Replies:
Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 8:19pm
You could always try to lighten the closure yourself by using developer only. Did yiu purchase from a American vendor or Chinese vendor?

Date Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 8:29pm
It was through a chinese vendor. Will a developer just lighten it slightly or will it completely bleach it? 

Date Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 8:34pm
Lighten slightly

Date Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 8:40pm
Perfect, thank you soooo much. I will try a 40 developer either this weekend or next weekend and see how it turns out. 

Date Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by PurpleBag PurpleBag wrote:

Perfect, thank you soooo much. I will try a 40 developer either this weekend or next weekend and see how it turns out. 

Just watch the hair for the color change.

Posted By: fredricafekkai
Date Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 9:53pm
i would say either lighten the closure or dye the bundles 1B, which would be easier
a CV might not send you a new one, or it might take a long time, or they might send you a crappy new one. 

Posted By: Loveeetweet
Date Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 12:36am
Originally posted by PurpleBag PurpleBag wrote:

make sure to deep condition the hair afterwards it can be very drying the hair .

Date Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 8:14pm
Thanks everyone. I took you guys' advice and used a 40 developer to bleach it brown. I only left the developer on for an hour and it turned into a perfect shade of brown. I deep conditioned it for a few minutes and it's still soft. 

You guys are awesome. 

Posted By: deltacup11
Date Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 9:36pm
Question....In market for a new flat iron. Narrowed it down to FHI or HANA Professional.Anyone use either of these?

Posted By: Myssmoe86
Date Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 8:47pm
Hi, im new to this and i just ordered hair from Aliexpress. I heard alot of good things about the queen hair products so I put queens hair products more wavy in the search box and hair came up. I ended up ordering hair not knowing it wasnt queens hair product. Its actually guangzhou beauty something, but the hair was titled queens hair product more wavy, does anyone know about this hair? Is it any good, i havent received it yet I just ordered on the 20th

Date Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:25pm
I've heard of some people using the "fake" queen hair product and liking it, but there are also others that had a bad experience. It's pretty much 50-50. I wouldn't try it.

Just cross your fingers and hope you got a good batch. I did some research and most people are saying the real QHP's quality has gone down. So you may get lucky. 

Print Page | Close Window