Print Page | Close Window

Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=363516
Printed Date: Sep 21 2018 at 6:55am

Topic: Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be
Posted By: bindy
Subject: Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:01pm

http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/123ilikefood123/media/f21_zpsa9ae26e5.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Forever 21 Demoted Employees and Took Away Health Benefits

http://batamotel.tumblr.com/post/58439674675/make-it-viral-boycott-forever-21-retail-company" rel="nofollow - batamotel :
MAKE IT VIRAL 

BOYCOTT FOREVER 21

Retail company Forever 21 sent this letter to all full time/non-management employees informing them that they will be demoted to part time, they and their families will lose their health and dental benefits, and they will no longer qualify for paid time off. Employees believe the company is punishing them to retaliate against Obamacare.

We were asked to share this by one of our fans, and now we are asking you to do the same. Don’t underestimate the power of your SHARE. Two weeks ago, US Uncut was the first place to widely publish McDonald’s now notorious budget, and it went viral across mainstream media. Thank you.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f50/forever-21-demoted-all-their-employees-took-away-their-health-benefits-558456/" rel="nofollow - http://www.lipstickalley.com/f50/forever-21-demoted-all-their-employees-took-away-their-health-benefits-558456/

Replies:
Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:07pm
Damn that's messed up.

Shouldn't they have analyst who could have predicted they were operating beyond what they could afford? They are punishing their workers for them not handling their businesses.

The least they could have done was let them keep their benefits until the next enrollment period they would have had to renew.

I only buy their tanks and v- neck tees, so it won't be hard to cut them loose *shrug*

Bet ya the people at the top still eating good.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/123ilikefood123/media/f21_zpsa9ae26e5.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Forever 21 Demoted Employees and Took Away Health Benefits

http://batamotel.tumblr.com/post/58439674675/make-it-viral-boycott-forever-21-retail-company" rel="nofollow - batamotel :
MAKE IT VIRAL 

BOYCOTT FOREVER 21

Retail company Forever 21 sent this letter to all full time/non-management employees informing them that they will be demoted to part time, they and their families will lose their health and dental benefits, and they will no longer qualify for paid time off. Employees believe the company is punishing them to retaliate against Obamacare.

We were asked to share this by one of our fans, and now we are asking you to do the same. Don’t underestimate the power of your SHARE. Two weeks ago, US Uncut was the first place to widely publish McDonald’s now notorious budget, and it went viral across mainstream media. Thank you.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f50/forever-21-demoted-all-their-employees-took-away-their-health-benefits-558456/" rel="nofollow - http://www.lipstickalley.com/f50/forever-21-demoted-all-their-employees-took-away-their-health-benefits-558456/

I still don't understand any of the  Obamacare healthcare plan that so many folks are opposed of..
I work at a hospital can they do this also? 
wow this sucks big time for the employees who work there fulltime .but for those who work there PT as supplement to their other fulltime job I guess it doesn't matter? 

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:12pm
oh well, i can't help them bc there are still things i need from f21 and as long as the prices don't go up i'll still go.  im doing too much boycotting elsewhere this year to deal with this.  

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:15pm
A lot of places are doing this so they wont have to pay health insurance for their employee's. They all stick around the 29.5 mark as well just under what is needed for them to provide health care.... its pretty sh*tty especially since these are already Min wage jobs. So there will be ppl out there having to work two PT jobs and still not get the health insurance that they need and still make less than 15,000 a year. They dont care.

Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

oh well, i can't help them bc there are still things i need from f21 and as long as the prices don't go up i'll still go.  im doing too much boycotting elsewhere this year to deal with this.  

Cold world...LOL  but I cant help but feel boycotting will only hurt the employees even more...the higher ups aren't gonna take a pay cut no matter what... 

I only fuks with forever21 for camis anyway...everything else is meh...

Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Cold world...LOL  but I cant help but feel boycotting will only hurt the employees even more...the higher ups aren't gonna take a pay cut no matter what... 

I only fuks with forever21 for camis anyway...everything else is meh...

This is why they dont feel the urge to change...lol sad truth is most consumers only care about how it would affect their way of life not the ppl who actually work for the company. It will become "poor people problems".... but when the "poor people" make up the majority its no longer just their problem... but  these will be the same ppl who will have to get gov assistance just to get by and ppl will complain again. Its all *&%^$#@Eed up really......

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:35pm
Exactly.  If you don't boycott, nothing will change.  And they know that people won't boycott for that very reason.

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:41pm
Fuk fuk fuk!
And min wage is already lower than low. Forever 21 is so effed up for that! I am truly
Outraged at the companies who do ish like this!! You're making millions annually, you really can't give your employees basic ass benefits? REALLY NOW? For God so loved the world or whatever it is you have printed on your bags? Really???

Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:42pm
i can't boycott everywhere that's doing fcked up business practices.  sometimes you give enough of a damn and sometimes you don't...this is one of those times.  when i worked retail my employers did the same thing and obama wasn't even in office.  i know that obamacare will make it more widespread but i already did that with papa johns.  with all the recent boycotting in effect and my own personal ish going on, i just ain't got time to keep track of all of this.  they're not gettin anything but 20 bucks out of me every blue moon anyway, but i'm also not down to turn $20 to $30 somewhere else that's probably screwing over their employees as well.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:51pm
 Subway is  doing the same thing. They said it was because of ObamaCare.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:52pm
F21 is my fav store! I aint boycotting sh*ttttttttt!

Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:58pm
Theyre all going to blame Obamacare to shift the blame. They just dont want to lose money taking care of those who make them the money. Again most big business make their money on the backs of the poor be it in the US or overseas.  Its not easy to come across a big business who has not produced a product that has not exploited the poor or used slave labor in some form or fashion. The only way to combat it is to shop local.  But like I said consumers are only worried about the price theyll have to pay its gone on so long its become a norm in America. Thats why we barely make anything in the US as it is. I've never shopped at F21 soI dunno what theyre about but this is nothing beyond standard practice with these types of companies.

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:59pm
Why are companies doing this because of Obamacare

Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 6:01pm
See ish like this really fuks with my head. We're living in the 'developed world' but they want to treat citizens of this world to the equivalent of how they treat their employees when they outsource. How much more can we take? I don't work for F21 but i'm sick of companies doing this ish. I'm sick of being shafted. Us citizens are being too complacent. (I'm more talking about where I live than anything else, in that regard)

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

A lot of places are doing this so they wont have to pay health insurance for their employees...So there will be ppl out there having to work two PT jobs and still not get the health insurance that they need and still make less than 15,000 a year. 

Lamp

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Fuk fuk fuk!
And min wage is already lower than low. Forever 21 is so effed up for that! I am truly
Outraged at the companies who do ish like this!! You're making millions annually, you really can't give your employees basic ass benefits? REALLY NOW? For God so loved the world or whatever it is you have printed on your bags? Really???

Yeah not very Christ like to do this. Too greedy.

Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 6:11pm
Pah. Most jobs here that are min wage to $12 don't even offer benefits to begin with.
That is something else that makes me angry. Minimum wage here is 10.25 and the cost of living is through the roof!   

Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 6:12pm
I feel bad tho....People at my job who worked there for more than 20 years just lost all their benefits. All that time working there was for NOTHING. It's messed up.

Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Pah. Most jobs here that are min wage to $12 don't even offer benefits to begin with.
That is something else that makes me angry. Minimum wage here is 10.25 and the cost of living is through the roof!   

yup, 10.55 here and minimum wage jobs been playin that 29 hour game.  

Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 6:26pm
They give full time hrs and still no benefits here. They just say..nah your eyes and your teeth look ok to me.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 6:38pm
this is sad.. 

i wish there was a way that the cost of medical procedures/appointments/prescriptions could cost way less.. 
its so sad that many ppl work for pennies and cant even get benefits.. 

Posted By: RoxieDream
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 10:36pm
smh

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 10:43pm
There is a way to do that. Nationalize health care. For whatever reason, too many Americans claim it is a bad idea, even though there are several countries where the system works. Politicians and the health care industry have people scared silly into keeping things the way they are. For some reason there are folks who think its okay to charge someone $700 to go to the emergency room.

My doctor laughed his as of when I told him it would cost $177 to get 7 stitches removed from my foot.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 10:46pm
so then i guess the free clinic will seriously be over crowded..but they can only do so much...

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 10:47pm
I think that the federal government should fine companies who employ over a certain number of people and don't provide benefits.  Make the fine more than it would cost to pay for healthcare.  A lot more.  Then watch what happens.  The rich always find the loophole.  Offshore accounts, etc.  It's disgusting.  There can't be a loophole.  One hospitalization can ruin a poor person's credit and bankrupt a middle-class family.  This mess is not okay.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

I think that the federal government should fine companies who employ over a certain number of people and don't provide benefits.  Make the fine more than it would cost to pay for healthcare.  A lot more.  Then watch what happens.  The rich always find the loophole.  Offshore accounts, etc.  It's disgusting.  There can't be a loophole.  One hospitalization can ruin a poor person's credit and bankrupt a middle-class family.  This mess is not okay.

I love this idea.

I don't mind boycotting f21, I usually shop at H&M and Express anyway.

Posted By: Momeijheii
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by AmyAmyAmy AmyAmyAmy wrote:

It states that employees that work over 28 hours should be given insurance benefits. Since companies don't want to pay up, they're skirting the law by cutting their hours. People could go from 36-40 hours per week are getting cut to 24 all for the sake of big corps being cheapasses. 

Some people blame Obamacare for their reduction in hours, but it's their employers trying to dodge responsibility. Not cottdamn Obamacare.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:35pm
If u wanna hurt some of these companies then perhaps do as they do.  Get your F21 cami's from the source.  China.  cut out the middle man. *shrugs* Go on the Alibaba or whomever and get your sh*t from there...jewelry etc.

Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:38pm
Shoplifta 5 eva.

Posted By: chatnoir
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 2:17am

A lot of places are doing this so they wont have to pay health insurance for their employee's. They all stick around the 29.5 mark as well just under what is needed for them to provide health care.... its pretty sh*tty especially since these are already Min wage jobs. So there will be ppl out there having to work two PT jobs and still not get the health insurance that they need and still make less than 15,000 a year. They dont care.

Exactly.  

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 2:21am
Man.. I'm so conflicted.

It's total bullsh*t and one side is like HELL YEAH BOYCOTT THEM BITCHES but the other is like I work there and I need my damn paycheck..

I'll tell you though, ain't nobody boycotting because work was a muthafucka today. DAMN.

Posted By: Merin
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 8:40am
As someone who works in HR and specifically benefits I can tell you all the companies are using Obamacare as an excuse to behave terribly. People are also raising their employees premiums when in fact there is no evidence Insurance companies are consistently raising premiums.  What we pay our insurance company actually went down. The private insurers are also doing their own exchanges for people who need to buy insurance and can't wont go through their jobs.

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Momeijheii Momeijheii wrote:

Originally posted by AmyAmyAmy AmyAmyAmy wrote:

It states that employees that work over 28 hours should be given insurance benefits. Since companies don't want to pay up, they're skirting the law by cutting their hours. People could go from 36-40 hours per week are getting cut to 24 all for the sake of big corps being cheapasses. 

Some people blame Obamacare for their reduction in hours, but it's their employers trying to dodge responsibility. Not cottdamn Obamacare.

Thank you!
Makes sense now.

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:13am

So these big companies are nothing more then a modern day slave owners and the workers are just pick up cotton!

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Man.. I'm so conflicted.

It's total bullsh*t and one side is like HELL YEAH BOYCOTT THEM BITCHES but the other is like I work there and I need my damn paycheck..

I'll tell you though, ain't nobody boycotting because work was a muthafucka today. DAMN.

I doubt this boycott will go through. Do you guys walk around in the mall and see how packed f21 is? talking about size xl on me is still size Micro.

Midna can yall atleast tidy the place up. In the mornings it looks like a zoo, in the afternoons it looks like a farm, and in the evenings it looks like a Hayell.Confused

Posted By: Ms_Kudos
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:17am
Thanks @Momei, I was confused too.

But I can't see F21 blaming Obamacare, according to the letter, these people were full time and already had insurance.  So Obamacare wouldn't be making them give ins to these people, they already have it.

I started buying off aliexpress a few months ago.  I think it's a great idea IF you're not in a time crunch to get your clothes...

I mean I can understand a boycott, but you do have to pick your battles.  Wal Mart pulled out of DC because they said minimum wage here is too high...TOO HIGH...do you know what the cost of living here is?!  Anywhoo, folks probably aren't going to boycott Wal-mart...

Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Man.. I'm so conflicted.

I doubt this boycott will go through. Do you guys walk around in the mall and see how packed f21 is? talking about size xl on me is still size Micro.

Midna can yall atleast tidy the place up. In the mornings it looks like a zoo, in the afternoons it looks like a farm, and in the evenings it looks like a Hayell.Confused

It's hard to clean up when three secs later a customer comes right behind you and tears it up....it always made me mad when they WATCHED me refold the clothes but they mess it up anyway! Angry

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:44am
Then get mad if u offer to help them look for a size in a way that preverves your straightening up.  People are just raggedy and hateful.

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:46am
Dayumed if u don't dayumed if you do....

ObamaCare Taxes on The Average American

Under the new ObamaCare taxes, the only tax that most Americans will pay is penalty for not purchasing insurance if one can afford it (explained below). However, taxes affecting employers and the health care industry may have an indirect impact on some individuals, specifically employees of large firms affected by the tax hikes. Since most of thetaxes haven't gone into effect yet, we don't have much to report beyond speculation as to their effects.

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:47am

ObamaCare Income Tax Penalty For Not Having Insurance

Starting in 2014, most people will have to have insurance or pay a "penalty deducted from your taxable income". For individuals, penalty starts at $95 a year, or up to 1% of income, whichever is greater, and rise to $695, or 2.5% of income, by 2016.

Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:59am
I don't really like the idea of ordering from china either. Sticking it to forever 21 should've happened when their sweatshop practices were exposed but there's so much going on in the world that distracts from these issues. We can order directly from china but we'd still be supporting inhumane working conditions with employees who definitely have no benefits and no other options. Shifting our business for human rights needs to go somewhere else that values human rights.

Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 12:06pm
People blame Obamacare as it's an easy scape goat. It's that's ninja's fault...type of logic. When in fact they should be holding their congressman accountable for the backdoor deals they do with companies. The tax codes are setup to benefit them. Many (like Walmart) pay the least but reap the most. Large companies that make billions in profits but rely on the govt to subsidize their workers.

Posted By: Ms_Kudos
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 12:50pm

I don't really like the idea of ordering from china either. Sticking it to forever 21 should've happened when their sweatshop practices were exposed but there's so much going on in the world that distracts from these issues. We can order directly from china but we'd still be supporting inhumane working conditions with employees who definitely have no benefits and no other options. Shifting our business for human rights needs to go somewhere else that values human rights.

I don't mind buying from China for the simple fact that...I'm already buying from China!!  I have on an Express cardigan...just looked and the tag says...MADE IN CHINA.

Unless it's American Apparel, you're probably buying from China anyway but paying a mark up because you're getting it from an American retailer.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 1:01pm
F21 clothes look like sht anyways. The material is cheap and the prints are outdated and ugly.

Posted By: chocolate03
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

People blame Obamacare as it's an easy scape goat. It's that's ninja's fault...type of logic. When in fact they should be holding their congressman accountable for the backdoor deals they do with companies. The tax codes are setup to benefit them. Many (like Walmart) pay the least but reap the most. Large companies that make billions in profits but rely on the govt to subsidize their workers.

This allll day

Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

It's hard to clean up when three secs later a customer comes right behind you and tears it up....it always made me mad when they WATCHED me refold the clothes but they mess it up anyway! Angry

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Then get mad if u offer to help them look for a size in a way that preverves your straightening up.  People are just raggedy and hateful.

Bishes killed me with that shyt. They'll look you in the eye and toss clothes in the floor. Shoppers can't be farreal, man.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 3:18pm
And exactly how many employees would be effected?  I can't imagine there are that many f/t retail staff that would be effected.  I'm guessing here, but when I did retail it was part time and practically everyone else was there working p/t, too.  Don't think this issue is worth boycotting tbh...

Posted By: .hott.pink.
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

And exactly how many employees would be effected?  I can't imagine there are that many f/t retail staff that would be effected.  I'm guessing here, but when I did retail it was part time and practically everyone else was there working p/t, too.  Don't think this issue is worth boycotting tbh...

...there are PLENTY of full time retail associates that aren't in management.

Especially in the bigger department stores like Macy's, J C Penney, etc. In every retail job I've worked (5 to date) it was at least half-and-half. 

Posted By: morenaloca
Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

F21 clothes look like sht anyways. The material is cheap and the prints are outdated and ugly.

The clothes deteriorate after you wash them, even on gentle Cry Plus, they rip off up and coming designer's work

Date Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

I don't mind buying from China for the simple fact that...I'm already buying from China!!  I have on an Express cardigan...just looked and the tag says...MADE IN CHINA.

Unless it's American Apparel, you're probably buying from China anyway but paying a mark up because you're getting it from an American retailer.

i know...that was kind of the point of what i was saying...we'd just be shifting our business to the same type of problems, just not in our own backyard.  that's why im just not going to bother boycotting.  i won't go out of my way to shop there but if i need something it is what it is.
I definitely prefer H&M over F21 for basics but the mall by my house doesn't have an h&m Disapprove

Print Page | Close Window