Print Page | Close Window

Man Walks Into 50 Person Gang Fight Injured

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=363283
Printed Date: Oct 17 2018 at 6:45am

Topic: Man Walks Into 50 Person Gang Fight Injured
Posted By: bindy
Subject: Man Walks Into 50 Person Gang Fight Injured
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 6:50am

Man, 26, stripped, robbed and beaten into a coma after walking into a street fight between gang of 50 youths

• Ray Widstrand 26 was attacked walking through his own neighbourhood
  • He attempted to pass '30 to 50' youngsters involved in a street fight
  • Group turned violence on Mr Widstrand and beat him unconscious
  • After stomping on him they removed his trousers and robbed him

By  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Sara+Malm" rel="nofollow - SARA MALM

PUBLISHED: 03:25 EST, 12 August 2013 UPDATED: 04:30 EST, 12 August 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2389755/St-Paul-man-Ray-Widstran-beaten-coma-walking-gang-fight.html#comments" rel="nofollow -
Assaulted: Ray Widstrand, 26, suffered potentially fatal brain swelling after he was attacked by a gang of youths

Assaulted: Ray Widstrand, 26, suffered potentially fatal brain swelling after he was attacked by a gang of youths

A man is in a critical condition after he was brutally assaulted by a teenage gang, a stone's throw from the local police station.

Ray Widstrand was enjoying a late-night walk through his neighbourhood on St Paul’s East Side and was attacked as he walked through a group of 30 to 50 juveniles and young adults.

The 26-year-old was knocked down, stomped on and kicked as the juvenile attackers removed his trousers to rob him.

Mr Widstrand was found on the street, stripped and bleeding from his nose and mouth, and is now in a medically induced coma, battling potentially fatal brain swelling.

The television producer had moved to an apartment in the Minnesota city two months earlier and was working as a for a local community channel.

Speaking at a press conference, his father Peter said Ray had never ‘expressed any concerns’ about living on the East Side.

‘I can't imagine why someone would do this to another person. Hopefully they will at least answer to that,’ Peter Widstrand added.

The large group was fighting on a street located mere blocks from the local police station and turned the violence on Mr Widstrand when he tried to get past them, witnesses told police.

A local newspaper reported that the fight had started at a party nearby and a group of girls had taken it to the street after which the brawl escalated into a bust-up between local gangs.

More...

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2389702/Police-footage-shows-moment-man-posted-picture-dead-wife-Facebook-calmly-walks-police-station-confess-murder-accompanied-father.html" rel="nofollow - Police footage shows the moment man who posted picture of his dead wife on Facebook calmly walks into a police station to confess to her murder, accompanied by his father
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2389353/Amber-alert-issued-boy-2-double-murder-Rhode-Island-sparks-state-wide-manhunt.html" rel="nofollow - Two men arrested for double homicide and kidnapping as two-year-old boy they took is found roaming the streets
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2389672/Father-fatally-shot-son-YWCA-visit-previously-threatened-kill-ex-wife-9-year-old-boy.html" rel="nofollow - Father left depressed by bitter custody battle shot dead his 9-year-old son during a supervised visit at a YWCA visit before killing himself

‘An innocent man was walking down the street and brutally attacked by a group of youth,’ police spokesman Sgt. Paul Paulos, told http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_23829526/st-paul-man-19-charged-east-side-beating" rel="nofollow - ‘He was out for a walk and decided to go through this group and was assaulted and knocked unconscious.’

According to the police report, Mr Widstrand was hit over the head with a ‘can in a sock’ which knocked him to the ground.

Family support: Ray Widstrands parents Linda and Peter spoke during a press conference alongside his sister Alice, expressing their shock and disbelief as to why Ray was attacked

Family support: Ray Widstrand's parents Linda and Peter spoke during a press conference alongside his sister Alice, expressing their shock and disbelief as to why Ray was attacked

Crime scene: Mr Widstrand was walking through his local neighbourhood on St Pauls East Side when he was brutally assaulted, robbed and stripped

Crime scene: Mr Widstrand was walking through his local neighbourhood on St Paul's East Side when he was brutally assaulted, robbed and stripped

Brutal beating: After Mr Widstrand was knocked over one person was seen stomping on his head after which a third stripped him of his trousers to search his pockets

Brutal beating: After Mr Widstrand was knocked over one person was seen stomping on his head after which a third stripped him of his trousers to search his pockets

Witnesses reported seeing blood coming from his head after which a second man stomped on his head while a third removed Mr Widstrand’s trousers and the group searched his pockets.

In custody: Isaac Maiden, 19, has been charged with over the attack on Mr Widstrand

In custody: Isaac Maiden, 19, has been charged with over the attack on Mr Widstrand

Police found Widstrand lying on the ground, bleeding from his nose and mouth, his pants removed and shirt torn, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Ramsey County attorney's office.

Mr Widstrand is reportedly in a critical condition but stable condition and is expected to be brought out of a medically induced coma this week, his sister told PioneerPress.

Family and friends are holding a bedside vigil at Regions Hospital where Mr Widstrand is being treated for potentially fatal brain swelling.

'He's in the most difficult time right now, as far as swelling and cranial pressure. We're in that critical time,' his father said.

Isaac Maiden, 19, has been charged with first-degree assault, first-degree aggravated robbery and crime committed for the benefit of a gang.

He is being held with bail set to $150,000 and is scheduled to appear in court this month.

Maiden denies assault.

A further three male juveniles have been arrested in connection to the attack but no charges have been brought against them.

Share or comment on this article

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2389755/St-Paul-man-Ray-Widstran-beaten-coma-walking-gang-fight.html#ixzz2bkqbtHp7" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2389755/St-Paul-man-Ray-Widstran-beaten-coma-walking-gang-fight.html#ixzz2bkqbtHp7  
Follow us:  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter  |  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Replies:
Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 6:52am
50 people and there's no wshh video?

They need more people

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 6:55am
How do 50 nigguhs fight with no one lighting someone up or lighting the sky up even

Fucck it 50 nigguhs ducking it up and they pause and say let's all beat this dude in solidarity ?

I think he owed someone some crack money

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 6:58am
White people are gonna love this

You kno they can't wait to jump on the chance to be racist victims

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 7:02am
but how do you have no common sense at all?   you see melee in the street and you walk past saying "excuse me, pardon me"?  if youre not there to throw blows you need to double back.

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 7:32am
Are we supposed to be sad or outraged because he is White?

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 7:33am
Apparently common sense is uncommon.

This story reminded me of that mother who put her kid on top of the railing at the wild dogs exhibit at the zoo last year.  Didn't end well to say the least, just like this man.

I just don't get how ppl put themselves/others in dangerous circumstances on purpose...

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:22am
lol interesting responses.

Posted By: mzmee
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:34am
When you see stuff like that, you simply walk the other way.

I guess he wasn't taught that in his lilly white childhood.

#ni99anomics 101

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:39am
50 nigguhs? They need more people and a wshh video........I bet he always with those kids........

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:51am
Stern Smile

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:51am
why would you try and get through a 50 person fight. lol could've just walked one more block or two over lmao.

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:02am
So his yt privilege made him think he was Superman and WALK THROUGH a gang fight?

Dumbass.

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:07am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

but how do you have no common sense at all?   you see melee in the street and you walk past saying "excuse me, pardon me"?  if youre not there to throw blows you need to double back.

No offense but this he thought he was gonna stroll through and be jolly good

Shoulda turned and ran away

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:12am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

50 nigguhs? They need more people and a wshh video........I bet he always with those kids........

Swagajacka

Posted By: Starrygurl
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

So his yt privilege made him think he was Superman and WALK THROUGH a gang fight?

Dumbass.
LOL How the hell does he think he can walk through a big fight. Like they're going to part like the red sea for him. It sucks for him. This guy could have seen it from blocks away and just walk somewhere else?!
Only if it was 20 or so people he should of known better.

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:24am
I wonder if he called them niccas after they didn't make way for him to come through..  Sucks he's in a coma but um..I'd like to know this.  

Posted By: Y.Gun
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:42am

im sure he didnt walk thru them out of want.

If that was the only path home, what was he supposed to do?

yall gotta think about it, maybe it was late, nowhere else but home to go.

was he supposed to waiting in the corner for hours for the Brothas to go home?

idk.

poor him.

Posted By: Starrygurl
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Y.Gun Y.Gun wrote:

idk.

poor him.

Go around the cornerStern Smile, unless it was a one way road/street.
I take the bus for nowAngry-sighs- and I walk mostly everywhere. I know more then one way to go home. This guy couldn't turn away or go on the other side?!

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:55am
luckily he didnt have a gun and start shooting in the crowd 

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 10:00am
They should not have been out there acting a fool and they had no right to do that too him. There are no excuses for what they did. It was disgusting.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

They should not have been out there acting a fool and they had no right to do that too him. There are no excuses for what they did. It was disgusting.

You're victim blaming wrong.

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 11:26am

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

You're victim blaming wrong.

??

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 11:33am
I forgot the comedian who said it, but white people walk right into dramaLOLDead

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 11:45am
How the hell do you walk into a 50 people gang fight?!!!! How?!

The cross the road when they see 1 black person & yet are oblivious to 50 people who are actually in the process of being anti social.

That's just crazy. Is he blind? Or special???

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 11:50am

idk.

poor him.

In all honesty. & not even trying to be a smart arse. I'd either go back to where I was. Or to a friend's. & if I wanted to get home THAT bad I'd call a cab.

I'd NEVER walk through a 2 person fight. Let alone 50 people. I'm not stooopid & I'd rather be a punani about the situation. I'm not trying to get hit or stabbed. No sirreee!!!

Posted By: harley_quinn
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:55pm
Let it be 50 black folks just standing outside admiring the weather and I bet some yt call the cops,but there's "gang" activity going on and some reporter feel like he can just walk through the crowd smh Im not buying it.

He was being nosy trying to report live from his smart phone

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Apparently common sense is uncommon.

This story reminded me of that mother who put her kid on top of the railing at the wild dogs exhibit at the zoo last year.  Didn't end well to say the least, just like this man.

I just don't get how ppl put themselves/others in dangerous circumstances on purpose...

Right!!

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

• Ray Widstrand 26 was attacked walking through his own neighbourhood

• He attempted to pass '30 to 50' youngsters involved in a street fight
http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow -

whats wrong with this Brotha ? reminds me of this vine video

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 2:25pm
Why?

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 2:38pm

idk.

poor him.

I feel sorry for him.  However, a person would have to be stupid or too curious to walk thru a gang fight.  Any normal person would have went somewhere else regardless.  Why risk your life to go anywhere (including your home)?

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 2:44pm
...is the fight on worldstar, yet?

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 3:05pm

i know yall, it was dumb but i was just putting myself in his shoes lol.

I literally only know one route home, my mama works night shifts and NOONE i know lives here.

Im thinking like dang what would i do.

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 3:11pm
I have friends that have been jumped. It didn't make the news. I was just curious as to why this is news. I assumed it was because he was White. *Shrugs* Confused

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 3:13pm

I literally only know one route home, my mama works night shifts and NOONE i know lives here.

the article said he was blocks from the police station...best bet go there.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 3:14pm

loool I'm reading these responses like..did HE beat their asses?

BHM is harsh.

#JusticeforTrayvon Stern Smile

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 3:18pm
Let's be real though. You guys don't have friends that have been jumped? They were at the wrong place at the wrong time, or they got tangled up in something they had no business in. It happens, everyday, all the time. If that guy moved into a neighborhood with a high crime rate, it was a possibility. It sucks, but he is still alive (in a coma, but alive). He will survive. Hopefully he will move.

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 3:24pm
You see 30+ niccas banging out an you try to walk right through it? Y? What kind of neighborhood does he live in where he just taking a walk at night?
He's white.. im suprised he didn't call the police ! n who are these witnesses? A who bunch of niccas banging out and the police don't arrive till after shyt go down or till a white man injured..

sad story...(he shoulda used common sense tho)

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 3:33pm
He thought he was Moses and the Black Sea was gon part.......it parted alright all over his ass.....

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 5:42pm
Something just doesn't sound right about this story and I think most of us have caught on. 

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 5:44pm
what was he doing out walking so late...white people already put a 7 pm curfew on black youth so...

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 5:45pm
ya'll are coldblooded lol

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 6:35pm
Im not buying this. Normally white people turn and run the other way when they see sh*t like this going on. He realllllly thought he was just going to walk by? Nope. Not buying it.

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I forgot the comedian who said it, but white people walk right into dramaLOLDead

I'm dyin!!

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 6:42pm
lol @ some of these responses

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Im not buying this. Normally white people turn and run the other way when they see sh*t like this going on. He realllllly thought he was just going to walk by? Nope. Not buying it.
Um, no they like to investigate stuff and throw on their capes while they are at it.
You can hear a loud ass bang in the office and leave it up to white folks to get up and go directly where they heard the noiseSleepy

I'm really mad that I can't find that comedy sketch

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 7:15pm

I'm not buying it. People don't want to walk through a group of 20 upstanding black citizens, they're definitely not going to just cruise through a fight of 30+ people at night, in the hood. Gtfohwtbs!

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_23829526/st-paul-man-19-charged-east-side-beating" rel="nofollow - ‘He was out for a walk and decided to go through this group and was assaulted and knocked unconscious.’

According to the police report, Mr Widstrand was hit over the head with a ‘can in a sock’ which knocked him to the ground.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

I'm not buying it. People don't want to walk through a group of 20 upstanding black citizens, they're definitely not going to just cruise through a fight of 30+ people at night, in the hood. Gtfohwtbs!

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard. But it's true, though. He was involved all right and I can't wait for it to come out that he was.

Date Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:01pm

ohh, right.

lol i cant save this white boy 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 2:46am

Absolutely despicable!

Date Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 3:19am
He looks like a user to me.

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 5:09am
Y'all are funny.

Date Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 6:26am

ohh, right.

lol i cant save this white boy 

LOL

Posted By: RoxieDream
Date Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 7:40am
Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

When you see stuff like that, you simply walk the other way.

I guess he wasn't taught that in his lilly white childhood.

#ni99anomics 101

I was trying to figure out why he didn't do that too

Print Page | Close Window