Print Page | Close Window

Oprah on Paula Deen

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=363059
Printed Date: Sep 21 2018 at 4:55am

Topic: Oprah on Paula Deen
Posted By: texasmami0117
Subject: Oprah on Paula Deen
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:24pm
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip" rel="nofollow -

Oprah Winfrey on Paula Deen's N-word scandal: 'She was used as a symbol, but lots of people use the word inappropriately all the time'

The star of 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' says her door is open if Deen wants to revisit her show to talk about the racism controversy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/oprah-winfrey-breaks-silence-paula-deen-controversy-article-1.1419098#commentpostform" rel="nofollow -

By http://www.nydailynews.com/authors?author=Ethan%20Sacks" rel="nofollow - Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 2:19 PM

#static{height:38px;} #static td{vertical-align:top !important;} #static td td{vertical-align:middle !important;} #static .fb-like iframe{width:450px !important;} #static:after{content:".";display:block;height:0;clear:both;visibility:hidden;}

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/oprah-winfrey-breaks-silence-paula-deen-controversy-article-1.1419098?print" rel="nofollow - Print
Oprah Winfrey, pictured with  Paula Deen on ‘Oprahs Next Chapter’ last year, has finally opened up on her friend’s N-word controversy.

Oprah Winfrey, pictured with Paula Deen on ‘Oprah's Next Chapter’ last year, has finally opened up on her friend’s N-word controversy.

Up until now The Queen of talk has been surprisingly mum on the scandal enveloping her friend http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Paula+Deen" rel="nofollow - Paula Deen .

But http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Oprah+Winfrey" rel="nofollow - Oprah Winfrey has broken her silence on the controversy over the disgraced television chef’s use of the N-word,.

"I think Paula Deen was sort of used as a symbol, but I think lots of people use the word inappropriately all the time," Oprah said during http://www.etonline.com/news/136849_Oprah_on_Being_a_Recent_Victim_of_Racism/index.html" rel="nofollow - a revealing interview on Entertainment Tonight Monday.

Oprah Winfrey shines on the red carpet Monday night at the New York premiere of ‘Lee Daniels The Butler.’

Ben Gabbe/Getty Images

Oprah Winfrey shines on the red carpet Monday night at the New York premiere of ‘Lee Daniels' The Butler.’

The 59-year old television mogul says she’s very sensitive to racism — a major theme in her new movie, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler.”

“I do not run in the circle of people who use the word loosely,” she told ET. “For me it’s out of respect to those people who it was the last word they heard while they were being hung, the last weord they heard when they were being fired, the last word they heard when their house was being burned.

“It’s the word heard every day when they were walking down the street and they had to step off the side walk to let other people pass.”

Celebrity chef Paula Deen breaks into tears on NBC News ‘Today’ show on June 26, talking about the controversy that damaged her $17-million-a-year food empire.

Peter Kramer/AP

Celebrity chef Paula Deen breaks into tears on NBC News' ‘Today’ show on June 26, talking about the controversy that damaged her $17-million-a-year food empire.

Winfrey also recounted a recent racist experience she endured while visiting Switzerland for Tina Turner's wedding. A shop worker who didn't recognize Winfrey refused to allow her to see an expensive bag on display because she assumed it was beyond the customer's means. Oprah said she left without making a scene, rather than give the clerk a commission.

But Winfrey also seemed to tiptoe around condemnation for Deen’s use of the racial slur. The pair had reportedly bonded when the doyenne of deep fried food appeared on Oprah’s show in May 2012.

Deen’s public relations nightmare began in June when a deposition in a lawsuit filed by a former employee at her Savannah, Ga., restaurant went public. The 66-year-old celebrity chef had admitted to using the N-word in the deposition in the suit.

Oprah Winfrey and Forest Whitaker in ‘Lee Daniel’s The Butler.’

ANNE MARIE FOX

Oprah Winfrey and Forest Whitaker in ‘Lee Daniel’s The Butler.’

After an awkward video public apology, Deen was booted from her plum TV gigs on The Food Network and her endorsement deals have since collapsed faster than faulty soufles.

Winfrey said once Deen is emotionally ready to discuss the controversy, she’s welcome to return to OWN for on-camera sit-down.

"I just really want to know what happened," said Winfrey.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/oprah-winfrey-breaks-silence-paula-deen-controversy-article-1.1419098#ixzz2bE6YU1wJ" rel="nofollow - http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/oprah-winfrey-breaks-silence-paula-deen-controversy-article-1.1419098#ixzz2bE6YU1wJ

Replies:
Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:28pm
Ok Oprah and I can understand and respect her reasons for not using the word .Most older folk dont use it and plenty young blacks do not use the word but do not equate blacks usage of the n word with whites .
Two separate cases.

I hate when blacks rush to use this excuse on the behalf of whites

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:30pm
Shut up, Oprah.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:32pm
is this Stedman cut out of the pix?
oh no

Oprah Winfrey shines on the red carpet Monday night at the New York premiere of ‘Lee Daniels The Butler.’

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:32pm
She has so many opinions lately.
I don't dislike Oprah but she may need to just shut up and be rich.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:36pm
the shade in this thread is 

TOO DAMN HIGH

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Shut up, Oprah.
this. 

i don't particularly care for her or anything the woman has to say. 

haven't for years. 

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:37pm

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:38pm
Omgggggg
Lmao
I screamed

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:42pm
Everyone needs to stop using the N word. EVERYBODY.
I don't understand why Black  people want to 'take back' and 'own' words like this ... just so they can turn around ...and also use it against black people. Ermm

It would be different if Black people started using the N word against WHITE people but no ... it's against OTHER Black people? What for?

Backward.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

I don't understand why Black  people want to 'take back' and 'own' words like this ... just so they can turn around ...and also use it against black people. Ermm

It would be different if Black people started using the N word against WHITE people but no ... it's against OTHER Black people? What for?

Backward.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:44pm
I love it when O tells the story of her grandmom working for whites as a maid and telling O to pay attention to her washing and cleaning so she could learn to do it too;  and maybe one day she will get a job working for some good white people. The whole while, O was thinking 'that won't be me.'

O said her grandmom would be  happy to know that she now has some good white people working for her.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

Winfrey also recounted a recent racist experience she endured while visiting Switzerland for Tina Turner's wedding. A shop worker who didn't recognize Winfrey refused to allow her to see an expensive bag on display because she assumed it was beyond the customer's means. Oprah said she left without making a scene, rather than give the clerk a commission.

oprah better than me cuz i woulda pulled a whole body muscle flexin on that mf

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:49pm

Backward.

I have to agree with you there. Even though it's not the same intent when black people use it, it's still disturbing. I actually hate the new spelling that's making the rounds on bhm, you know the one that ends with uh. Everytime I see it, it turns my stomach. There's something profoundly ugly and sick about that new incarnation. I don't know why we remain attached to that damn word, re-appropriation or not.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Oprah Winfrey on Paula Deen's N-word scandal: 'She was used as a symbol, but lots of people use the word inappropriately all the time'

The star of 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' says her door is open if Deen wants to revisit her show to talk about the racism controversy.

By http://www.nydailynews.com/authors?author=Ethan%20Sacks" rel="nofollow - Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 2:19 PM

#static{height:38px;} #static td{vertical-align:top !important;} #static td td{vertical-align:middle !important;} #static .fb-like iframe{width:450px !important;} #static:after{content:".";display:block;height:0;clear:both;visibility:hidden;}

oprah better than me cuz i woulda pulled a whole body muscle flexin on that mf
I'm upset that she quietly left the store. I'm cool with her not handing the bish a commission but she's Oprah. She could have contacted somebody and gotten that bish fired.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I love it when O tells the story of her grandmom working for whites as a maid and telling O to pay attention to her washing and cleaning so she could learn to do it too;  and maybe one day she will get a job working for some good white people. The whole while, O was thinking 'that won't be me.'

O said her grandmom would be  happy to know that she now has some good white people working for her.

YES! Heart that!

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:55pm
she will likely be fired anyways 

or kick her own self in the gut for cutting style on a billionaire

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:56pm
oprah isn't going to fry her BEFORE the interview

come now

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I don't know, Ricky. Oprah didn't even mention the name of the store. For all we know, her superiors are not even aware of the situation.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:03pm
I don't know that Oprah was allll over Switzerland, she was likely in a small area and most everyone there probably recognized her

the process of elimination won't take long

Oprah probably wasn't willing to spend time on petty bullsh*t, she wasn't in dire need of a purse, the shopkeeper was probably in dire need of the commission ... but I get it, that it would have been helpful for the other black people that live there

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:03pm

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:29pm

come now

this is what I was thinking LOL. She'll  never get the interview if she responded with "I can't stand that B, and if she comes on my show I'm going to tell her that to her face!" LOL

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:36pm
So she chooses to drag blacks use of the word in the picture instead?
Hmmmm uh uh

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:42pm
She's definately a smart and well advised business woman. She got a movie out and all of a sudden after everybody and their mama done commented about Trayvon and Paula Deen she puts in her two cents. Saying her movie will help white people understand why blacks are mad.

Another movie I will be getting on bootleg.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:43pm
Oh Oprah.Cry

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I hate when blacks rush to use this excuse on the behalf of whites

this.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Shut up, Oprah.
this and im still not going to see her movie. thats all its about im sure.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I don't know, Ricky. Oprah didn't even mention the name of the store. For all we know, her superiors are not even aware of the situation.

It was Hermes in Paris years ago. It made the news. idk if she ever said the name---but what better place to hit someone than their pockets? no commission for  you. I do it all the time. I don't complain--make mental notes and just leave.

The Oprah vitriol on BHM is...unfounded and myopic.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:16pm
I remember that incident years ago in the store. But sounds like it happened again recently while she was at Tina's wedding. I want her to name the store too.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

It was Hermes in Paris years ago. It made the news. idk if she ever said the name---but what better place to hit someone than their pockets? no commission for  you. I do it all the time. I don't complain--make mental notes and just leave.

OK. I remember the Hermes incident. I thought it was a different one.
Edit: actually, Purple is right. The Hermes incident was in Paris, no?

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:21pm

GYALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Clap

ETA Epitome.this is something that happened this year in Switzerland, re-read OP

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:21pm
I'm still in mourning okay?! Get off my back man!LOLCry

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:26pm
interesting.

from article:

<<When asked if she has ever been called the N-word, Winfrey explained that, for her, sexism seems to be the bigger issue. "The sexism thing is huge," said Winfrey. "The higher the ladder you climb it gets huge, because men are used to running things.".>>

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:29pm
I see she checkin for herself first. How high up you wanna go Oprah damn? You own everything.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:31pm
and do we know why O didn't take stedman to Tina's wedding, but took Gayle instead?
lol. Poor Sted..

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:33pm

interesting.

from article:

<<When asked if she has ever been called the N-word, Winfrey explained that, for her, sexism seems to be the bigger issue. "The sexism thing is huge," said Winfrey. "The higher the ladder you climb it gets huge, because men are used to running things.".>>

interesting...

i feel that for POC, it's so intertwined. esp. the higher up you go.

what is that called? intersectionality? i think. 

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:39pm

A recent event . Remember Tina was married a few weeks ago . We have a topic a few pages back . Oprah should call out the folks after the same thing happen several times .

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:41pm

interesting.

from article:

I like how she avoided the question tho LOLOuch

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:46pm

Backward.

I have to agree with you there. Even though it's not the same intent when black people use it, it's still disturbing. I actually hate the new spelling that's making the rounds on bhm, you know the one that ends with uh. Everytime I see it, it turns my stomach. There's something profoundly ugly and sick about that new incarnation. I don't know why we remain attached to that damn word, re-appropriation or not.

CO-SIZZLE!

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:47pm
ok Oprah like when RAE DAWN CHONG called you a 'field ni g g er"?   u never responded to those remarks but u responding to and about a white woman using the word???

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:58pm

interesting.

from article:

I just saw an interview on ET where she was asked the same question. She explained what happened and concluded with "now, why would they do that"? She made it clear it was racism. She also said "the store shall remain unnamed"

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

A recent event . Remember Tina was married a few weeks ago . We have a topic a few pages back . Oprah should call out the folks after the same thing happen several times .
That's what I thought. But then, Hermès was mentioned and it threw me off for a minute.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 7:07pm

Gurllll...

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

interesting.

from article:

interesting...

BHM is WAYYYYYY too linear to be tryna hear about that.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 10:18pm
Interesting how I just read this comment...

http://abagond.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/white-racial-frame/" rel="nofollow - abagond

Fareed Zakaria in “The Post-American World” (2008) wrote about the rise of the West, only barely mentioning slavery and making no direct reference to genocide. He speaks of parts of the world being “marked for use by Europe”. Wow. That is the white racial frame.

As we have seen with Obama, Oprah, Henry Louis Gates, Clarence Thomas, Juan Williams, even Melissa Harris-Perry and Al Sharpton on MSNBC and Ta-Nehisi Coates at The Atlantic, you do not get to a large, white-owned platform without walking a fine line, without being “safe”, if not an outright Uncle Tom. Cenk Uygur and Rev Wright, bless their souls, refused to walk that fine line even though they could have.

I was happy when Obama was elected president. I was happy when Melissa Harris-Perry got her own show on MSNBC. Both times I thought, “At last, someone like me is up there!” It was like I was president, like I had my own television show. It was great! And both times, guess what – the crushing disillusion of seeing them walk that fine line and not achieving much beyond tokenism.

Both are object lessons in how White Americans live in a carefully crafted echo chamber. It is part of how the white racial frame works.

Posted By: Unique Monique
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 10:40pm

come now

THIS

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 12:19am
MHP? Ta-Nehisi?...... tokens???

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 12:32am

I see she checkin for herself first. How high up you wanna go Oprah damn? You own everything.

Oprah tryna put all the houses and hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place.  fucc 4 hotels and 3 houses...she needs moar...wants moar.

can't stop...wont' stop...

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 2:51am

Backward.

It's not the sanme intent but it IS the same word that is so deeply embedded our subconscious that is the problem.

The reason we remain attached to it is because we've internalized this hatred of Black people. So White people don't HAVE to put us down anymore (unless they want to)  because we have been so 'trained' to put ourselves down.

Yes, people use the N word for 'fun' too but our joint subconcious can't tell the difference - that's why the word is such a problem because you can't expect White people to understand why it is okay for US to use the N word - but they can't use the N word. This will never .. work. Never.

Everyones needs to stop using it people .. especially in the RAP CRAP music!!!!

On this forum (never heard it before) is the use of the word 'coon'.. which is anither terrible word that Whites used to use against us.Ouch So now whenever somebody wants to insult you .. they will use another 'White man's word' against a Black person. Backward.

Black people have got to take responsibly for their part in the DAMAGE they inflict on the community and stop pretending that White people are causing all these problems in the Black comminity. They STARTED the problems yes, no doubt ... but we have contributed greatly to keeping them alive.Confused

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 4:58am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

ok Oprah like when RAE DAWN CHONG called you a 'field ni g g er"?   u never responded to those remarks but u responding to and about a white woman using the word???

well...don't we usually say something about a white person who uses it as opposed to a sorta black person who does?   And even more.....who is a Rae Don Chong tho?  Oprah ain't tryna help Rae's raggedy, aged career by responding.  #justsayin'.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 5:14am
Saying that everybody should stop using a word is just stupid.
We can't prohibit anybody from using a word.
But I can kick you in ya nuts for callin' me something I don't like. 

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 5:26am

'It just felt kind of sad': Oprah Winfrey opens up about Paula Deen's use of the N-word... as she reveals her own recent brush with racism

By  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Lizzie+Smith" rel="nofollow - LIZZIE SMITH

PUBLISHED: 11:02 EST, 6 August 2013 UPDATED: 12:31 EST, 6 August 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2385515/Oprah-Winfrey-talks-Paula-Deens-use-N-word--reveals-recent-experience-racism.html#comments" rel="nofollow - After bonding with Paula Deen during an interview last year, Oprah Winfrey spent a night under the now disgraced star's roof as her guest.

Now Oprah has spoken for the first time about Deen's spectacular fall from grace, after the celebrity chef admitted previously using the 'N-word' amid accusations of racism.

The Butler star simply said that she felt the whole thing was 'kind of sad', in an interview in which she also revealed her own recent experience of racism.

Scroll down for video

Not in touch: Oprah Winfrey poses with Paula Deen during an interview for Oprahs Next Chapter last year; the chatshow host has now commented on the TV chefs racism scandal

Not in touch: Oprah Winfrey poses with Paula Deen during an interview for Oprah's Next Chapter last year; the chatshow host has now commented on the TV chef's racism scandal

Talking to Entertainment Tonight Oprah explained: 'In the very first days I tried to reach her and then I decided to stay out of it as I saw it blowing up.

'In time she will be fine. For me, it all just felt kind of sad.'

And Oprah added that she hoped when the scandal had died down there would be space for a 'real conversation' about racism in today's world.

Last year Oprah interviewed Deen for her Oprah's Next Chapter show, getting under her skin during a visit to her home in Georgia.

Deen is currently being sued by a former employee who claims she and her brother would repeatedly use offensive racial words in the workplace.

Speaking out: Oprah Winfrey, seen at the premiere of The Butler in New York on Monday night, has spoken out about disgraced chef Paula Deen for the first time

Speaking out: Oprah, seen at the premiere of The Butler in New York on Monday night, has called the scandal 'sad'

Court documents revealed the 66-year-old had told an attorney questioning her under oath that she has used the N-word.

'Yes, of course,' Deen said, though she added, 'It's been a very long time.'

A grovelling video apology from Deen did little to stem the backlash, which saw her TV contract cancelled and endorsement deals pulled.

Expanding on her comments Oprah later told  http://www.extratv.com/2013/08/05/oprah-winfrey-dont-ask-me-about-paula-deen/" rel="nofollow - : 'She is not the first white lady to use the N-word. Good lord!'

And she insisted: 'Oh my god! I don't have anything to do with Paula Deen.'

Oprah also revealed that she herself had recently experienced racism, despite her worldwide fame.

While in Switzerland for her friend Tina Turner's wedding Oprah told ET how she walked into a designer store to choose herself a treat.

But the assistant did not recognise her and having assumed that she would not be able to afford a bag ignored the billionaire.

After waiting unsuccessfully for acknowledgement Oprah quietly left, after deciding she did not want to give the assistant her commission.

She told ET that while she no longer experienced overt racism such as name-calling, she experienced discrimination.

'It shows up for me if I'm in a boardroom or situations where I'm the only woman or I'm the only African American person within a hundred mile radius. 

'I can see in the energy of the people there, they don't sense that I should be holding one of those seats. I can sense that.

'But I can never tell, "Is it racism? Is it sexism?"'

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2385515/Oprah-Winfrey-talks-Paula-Deens-use-N-word--reveals-recent-experience-racism.html#ixzz2bHHfCGe0" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2385515/Oprah-Winfrey-talks-Paula-Deens-use-N-word--reveals-recent-experience-racism.html#ixzz2bHHfCGe0  
Follow us:  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter  |  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 5:47am
Stern Smile

Date Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

interesting.

from article:

interesting...

BHM is WAYYYYYY too linear to be tryna hear about that.

LOL

Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 2:11pm
poor stedman

but O was just staying in character  lol.

Onscreen couple: The Golden Globe winner enjoyed working with co-star Oprah Winfrey, who plays his wife in the White House drama

Onscreen couple: Forest said he enjoyed working with co-star Oprah Winfrey, who plays his wife in the White House drama

'It was an amazing experience for me,' Forest recently told http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20723326,00.html" rel="nofollow - magazine.

'[Oprah] was so committed to our relationship. In between the scenes, when we're trying to develop our rapport and continue to build our connection, she would be so generous.

It was an amazing experience for me: Whitaker called the talk show mogul a generous actor who worked hard to develop an authentic rapport and connection

'It was an amazing experience for me': Whitaker called the talk show mogul a 'generous' actor who worked hard to develop an authentic rapport and connection

'She would rub my back, or, you know, we'd walk hand in hand to the set and talk, and I think it led to the magic of us being able to really be connected in the film.'

During an appearance on CBS This Morning, host http://www.sheknows.com/tags/gayle-king" rel="nofollow - Gayle King said to her very famous friend, "I can't wait to see you and Forest as husband and wife. There's a kissing scene you were talking about the other day. Did you feel all tingly?", replied, "I felt pretty good about it, let me just say. Forest is a good kisser, how about that?"

Giving a shout out to the 51-year-old actor's wife of 16 years, Oprah http://www.contactmusic.com/news/oprah-winfrey-forest-whitaker-is-a-good-kisser_3290270" rel="nofollow - added , "Thank you, Keisha Whitaker."

Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 2:11pm
oh is this the right thread? lol
I thought there was a thread on the movie..

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 2:14pm
dang oprah been eating good

Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 2:15pm
I can't wait for this

Forest, a former opera singer will warm his pipes for a modern musical adaptation of Langston Hughes' play, Black Nativity.

The drama - coming out November 27 - also stars Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, Tyrese Gibson, Angela Bassett, and Mary J. Blige.

Coming November 27! The former opera singer will warm his pipes for a modern musical adaptation of Langston Hughes play, Black Nativity, with Angela Bassett and Jennifer Hudson

Coming November 27! The former opera singer will warm his pipes for a modern musical adaptation of Langston Hughes' play, Black Nativity, with Angela Bassett and Jennifer Hudson

Print Page | Close Window