Print Page | Close Window

Do you try to keep your earring holes tight? (rand

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=362894
Printed Date: Nov 17 2018 at 9:28am

Topic: Do you try to keep your earring holes tight? (rand
Posted By: SweetNovember*
Subject: Do you try to keep your earring holes tight? (rand
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 1:57am
om)

As in do you avoid wearing big earrings because they might stretch your piercings?

Replies:
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 1:59am
Wait how do I have 93 views already?

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 2:02am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

om)

As in do you avoid wearing big earrings because they might stretch your piercings?

I love huge earrings..but when i am purchasing them I feel the weight first..no I don't avoid wearing earrings for fearing they might stretch my lobes..I wear very lightweight earrings mon-fri job and on weekends it's a different story...

i'm more worried about these dayum grays that I can';t keep up withCry...esp around the hairline..

Posted By: AshBash89
My ears are really sensitive so no.  

Posted By: carolina cutie
93 views? Well damn lol.

I worry about saggy earlobes. Big light weight earrings ftw.Tongue

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 2:38am
yes.  I love huge earrings.  I usually employ the hairpin trick if i'm wearing hair.  When i'm out in these streets bald i'll use the earrings backs with the plastic supports.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 2:49am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

My ears are really sensitive so no.
this, but it's my skin. i have allergic reactions to posts. as a result, my fronts usually have no earrings in them and the backs have diamond studs my mom got me. 

i consider studs in the front, but double studs seem odd to me... Sleepy

Posted By: Momeijheii
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 2:55am
I LMAO when I see them on others, tbh.
I've got 5/8'' holes in my ears and people have the nerve to balk at them. They're round and healthy. Meanwhile, I'm seeing women with 2'' long gashes in their earlobes from heavy earrings. #stopthemadness

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 2:55am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

yes.  I love huge earrings.  I usually employ the hairpin trick if i'm wearing hair.  When i'm out in these streets bald i'll use the earrings backs with the plastic supports.

What's this?

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 2:58am

What's this?

Get a piece of thread about 3 to 5 inches, tie the loose ends,  u loop a piece of thread the same colour as your hair through a hairpin.  Then u wrap the other end of the thread around the post or hook of the earring.  U then put the pin in your hair.  It goal is to have the hairpin take the weight of your earring and not your ears. 

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 3:03am

What's this?

Get a piece of thread about 3 to 5 inches, tie the loose ends,  u loop a piece of thread the same colour as your hair through a hairpin.  Then u wrap the other end of the thread around the post or hook of the earring.  U then put the pin in your hair.  It goal is to have the hairpin take the weight of your earring and not your ears. 

Thanks, I like that. I have so many big earrings that I'm afraid to wear.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 3:08am
never had an issue...got mine pierced at 1 yrs old and been rockin with the same holes...i wear heavy ass earrings so i gues sim lucky.

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 3:13am
It looks horrible to see women with stretched ear lobes and still rocking heavy azz earrings..barf. Let's get that fixed and then learn the lesson

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 3:29am
I am worried, but I love big earrings. I just try to wear them in moderation.

My former roommate's ear holes stretched to the point where her lobes were clearly about to split. They probably have by now since that was a few years ago. That ish scared me straight.

I might have to try that hairpin trick. Thanks ND!

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 3:42am
For the other slow people like me who had a hard time picturing what ND was talking about...

Or maybe I'm just slow as hell.

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 3:54am

What's this?

Thanks, I like that. I have so many big earrings that I'm afraid to wear.

yeah...I had to google some sh*t because I was at Aldo's and bought some big gold disc earrings and didn't take into consideration the weight because they felt fine in my hands.  When i put them on... guuuurrl.  I was cute to death but my ears were like....no.

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 3:55am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

For the other slow people like me who had a hard time picturing what ND was talking about...

Or maybe I'm just slow as hell.

thank u for that.  I couldn't find it for some reason.  that's exactly where I learned it.LOL

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 5:17am
Interesting trick! I will recommend this to people who wear heavy earrings. 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 5:43am
thats a good trick.

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 6:39am
I don't suppose there are any tricks for this huh (stud backs)? I bought them from etsy a while back but I haven't worn them out because they are SO HEAVY!

(and don't call my earrings ugly lol)

Vintage Stone Face Earrings Pierced

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 6:54am
I never even knew this was something to worry about

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 7:17am
I don't want big eat lobes but i lub big earrings

I usually stuck to smaller earrings for work mon to sat but the big obnoxious ones don't come out till the weekend

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 10:45am

I don't suppose there are any tricks for this huh (stud backs)? I bought them from etsy a while back but I haven't worn them out because they are SO HEAVY!

(and don't call my earrings ugly lol)

Vintage Stone Face Earrings Pierced

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 2:46pm
Those earrings remind me of Crash Bandicoots mask

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 3:21pm
Yes. Not just big earrings bc they can be big and lightweight. I don't wear heavy earrings. I have a gorgeous pair of hoops with blue beads in the middle (not BBW style) but I've only wore them once bc they're heavy and cause me to have an earache. Fashion isn't worth that

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

Those earrings remind me of Crash Bandicoots mask

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 4:05pm
Those large earrings that make it looks like you can put your fist through your earholes are so gross to me.  That sh*t would actually stop me from dating a guy.  Ugh.

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 4:15pm
Oh my right earlobe is shot having surgery soon

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 4:31pm
I've seen this but thankfully I haven't had any issue during the centuries that I've been wearing earrings. During the big earring days (80's?) I did used to wear them huge! I drew the line though if I could really feel them hanging. If they weren't practically weightless, I didn't bother. I don't like that feeling of something weighing my ear down.

That video is a good tip though.
What about wearing the earring clipped to your hair in that area so it hangs down like it's coming from the ear.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 4:35pm
I got a few pairs of this style years ago; and while they were pretty much weightless I could never stand the feeling of them slightly tugging everytime I moved. It was a weird feeling. not painful but strange and annoying. They're still sitting in my J-box unworn.

http://www.notempire.com/images/uploads/campiseLongChainEarrings.jpg

Print Page | Close Window