Print Page | Close Window

Blackwm responsible for most of the self hate ?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=362533
Printed Date: Nov 15 2018 at 12:57pm

Topic: Blackwm responsible for most of the self hate ?
Posted By: Oladunni
Subject: Blackwm responsible for most of the self hate ?
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:00pm
If you don't like ppl cussing, smoking or don't want to listen to a man that refers to himself as nicca.. then don't watchLOL
Anyway Robert Perkins aka daniccawitdatatoos on yt.. Believes that Black women are responsible for Most of the self hate within our community..
He talks about the big chop/growing out our natural hair and how we describe it as our "ugly phase" and us describing our hair as "nappy"..
He's pro natural.. no makeup.. no fake sh*t..

Comments?

Replies:
Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:02pm
I don't know why folks refuse to blame the original oppressor...smh...

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:04pm
That's Peeks in your avi yay!!!!!

And most black men on Youtube are gay, including him.

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:05pm
FOH this is bull....

Its precisely this kind of divisive bull$hit that causes problems....
Divide and conquer in full effect....

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:05pm
I refuse to give him views/$ so I don't know what he actually said.

But anyway, he can miss me with all that. If he wants to blame someone he can blame himself and all the other close-minded shallow men who insult, denigrate, and avoid women who wear their natural hair.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:06pm
couldn't make it past 30s sorry... where is the disclaimer on his voice.

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

oh really?Confused

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:07pm
his swag is like an unfunny katt  williams..... 

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:08pm
He sounds like a lot of women here just flip the gender.

At the end of the video sounds like he's trying to come from a good place.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:09pm
2 things

1. Im mad it said I created this thread for about 2mins
2. I refused to click these type of videos because I end up with a theme of "blk women aint sh!t" videos recommended to my on YT for weeks.

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

oh really?Confused

Yeah they give me that vibe.

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:10pm
*Generalisation, but* Annoying that black women keep on being blamed for all the ills of black society, whilst being shouldered with all the responsibilities of it...

Posted By: blaquefoxx
If he feels that way he should take it up with his momma. Or get him a woman that doesn't fit that mold and start from scratch

I remember he also did a video saying that us Israelites are on the same level as the KKKErmm

His unlearned ass can politely eat a dik and wash it down with a diet coke

Posted By: CamiK
Yeah,didnt watch the vid...

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:14pm
Lol at min 8 he's saying the exact thing Femme said.

He puts the blame squarely on the shoulders of black women which is weird.
But probably speaks to the lack of male presence in the black community.

The end he's talking about loving ourself bc we're beautiful and all that .

I clicked wasn't that serious

He's angry at the fact new naturals refer to their hair as in the ugly phase when they are growing it out.
But saying black women are the cause for self hate within the community is ridiculous

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:14pm
Yeah I didn't click either. I refuse to give him and that cu#t sotomayer dumbarse and clicks or views.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:15pm
how exactly do you get mad at someone who tells you youre beautiful the way you are?LOL

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:16pm
Anyway I think the reason black women try to be white is because it's what most black men prefer.

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

how exactly do you get mad at someone who tells you youre beautiful the way you are?LOL

That's what he said....

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:18pm

Anyway I think the reason black women try to be white is because it's what most black men prefer.

so you're saying black men are the main cause for this in the community?
Well you're saying exactly what he is saying

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:19pm

LOLCry

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:20pm
LoL @ "Ain't  no white man wakin you up every mornin tellin you yo hair is ugly!"

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

so you're saying black men are the main cause for this in the community?
Well you're saying exactly what he is saying

I'm just saying. Women try to please their men first and foremost.

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

I don't think it's a refusal of blaming yt .. It's just .. now that you have this knowledge ..what is your excuse.. If the oppressor is responsible for the bullsh*t why are you still letting him have control over your thoughts ( concerning your hair , skin and beauty).

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:11pm
lol @ "just in case you didnt know, you're going thru an ugly phase" Cry

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:14pm
tbh, no non-black person ever made me feel badly about my hair.  in elementary, yes i did encounter asian and white kids who were fascinated and asked several questions, wanted to touch it, etc. but never said anything bad.  they were just ignorant little kids and i ignored them.  however, my male black cousins and boys in the neighborhood talked all kinds of shyt about our hair, darker girls skin color, etc.  it hurts when they do it.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:38pm
IA with ms.wonderland.  I actually hear more sh*t from men than women.  Yes, I been called things by black women but I got the majority of the "u need to do something to your hair" and "she going thru the ugly phase" and "she'd be pretty if she had some hair" from men.   I fully believe that phrase "going thru the ugly phase" was first uttered by a man to a woman.   What man is gone tell another man that?  He'll say it to a woman tho.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Lol at min 8 he's saying the exact thing Femme said.

He puts the blame squarely on the shoulders of black women which is weird.
But probably speaks to the lack of male presence in the black community.

The end he's talking about loving ourself bc we're beautiful and all that .

I clicked wasn't that serious

He's angry at the fact new naturals refer to their hair as in the ugly phase when they are growing it out.
But saying black women are the cause for self hate within the community is ridiculous

Which femme? Femmemichelle?

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 11:30pm
I only scan a few of his ignorant words to justify his love for white women .
The fool want have worry about walking pass one in the night . They will muder is black butt and get away with it .

" I will not reflect my racist or sexist anxieties onto them as though they were strangers walking alongside me in the night"

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 11:31pm
Lol never mind. Yes he is saying what I said at 8:00. I am not the only person on here who's had more derogatory race based comments coming from black people than from white people. That doesn't take away from white people suffering from an extreme case of ignorance and privilege, but if you're contributing to the deluded and dysfunctional state of our community, YOU GET NO PASS FROM ME BECAUSE YOU'RE BLACK. 

If anything, I'm more pissed at the black people in our community screaming for equality, yet degrading and denigrating those in the community who look less like their oppressors. 

Ain't that some sh*t? I'm a coon for finding a nonblack person who appreciates my blackness instead of settling for a black person who wishes my blackness would dampen itself. Yall can get the fukc outta here with that logic LOL

Posted By: scox89
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 1:19am
^ shucks Im tryna get a little swirl action... Just don't know how to get on that train

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 1:29am
Ermm

Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 5:04am
i wish more people had actually listened to what he said and not made judgements based the title and what others have said about us in the past.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 9:54am
That's what my Ritz Cracker friend on Facebook tries to say Confused

Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 11:30am
part II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vos5-_i0_c" rel="nofollow -

-

Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 11:35am
He's agreeing with you Star flower and Femme.

Some don't want to click on his video but he's saying black men need to stop being distracted and tell both their sons and daughters that they are beautiful.

He calls Beyonce with no make regla too.
Lmao this man is BHM

And Black men need to be leaders and support the Natural beauty of their women but black men aren't leading

Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 11:40am
He's saying Black women look for compliments from their black men bc they really don't want to go to other races but black men are too busy lusting after women of other races to appreciate their own natural beautiful women.
And that to the men who say they hate weave and make up men sure lust after it. And if black men fail to appreciate black beauty other races can and will and the women go to those men who make them feel beautiful

He's Ok yall

Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 11:46am
Lol but he lost me again at the end

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 11:48am

Girl...

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 11:52am

Don't have time to listen at the moment.

Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 11:55am
He believes that women are emotionally stronger than men and black women should be more resistant societal pressures ?
Hold up now

He didnt say this explicitly but ultimately I feel this is where he is going

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 12:14pm
I agree with some of what he said. We shouldn't call the process of growing our own hair " the ugly phase".

I don't have a problem with my hair being called nappy or calling someone else's hair nappy, cuz nappy doesn't have a negative connotation to me. You would only be offended by your hair being called nappy if you think nappy is a bad thing.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I agree with some of what he said. We shouldn't call the process of growing our own hair " the ugly phase".

I don't have a problem with my hair being called nappy or calling someone else's hair nappy, cuz nappy doesn't have a negative connotation to me. You would only be offended by your hair being called nappy if you think nappy is a bad thing.

Same here.  My status on BBM is often times, "happy to be nappy."  I'm sure some people use it in a condescending way, but the term is empowering to me.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 12:33pm
off topic uppity I wish I knew how to tie gele like your avi. I spent 3 hours trying to tie my stoopid gele. My arms were tired and my hubby was like " The wedding started at 6 and we are still in the house at 9". I even had 2 YT videos going at the sametime. Those ladies never turn around to show you where they still the ends.

Ok carry on the the thread.......

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Same here.  My status on BBM is often times, "happy to be nappy."  I'm sure some people use it in a condescending way, but the term is empowering to me.

i'm like that when black folks say it, but when white ppl do i feel some kinda way.

some of what he's saying is ok. other parts of it, like towards the end, i don't agree with.

i've never specifically used that phrase, but i think that for a lot of ppl "the ugly phase" isn't just how the hair looks, but the mental transformation as well. like maybe you were holding out for that 3b hair and see that you have 4b, and it makes you sad. you have this mini fro that you have no clue what to do with, don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, and you didn't think that it would be like this. and for most black women, their hair is a large part of who they are. to feel like your hair is not looking on point makes you feel ugly.

maybe that's just me. the mental aspect of going natural was the most difficult but the  most rewarding.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 12:43pm

IA ...how bludy  uncoonlievable 

Print Page | Close Window