Print Page | Close Window

Young woman gives birth after Tubes are Tied .

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=362301
Printed Date: Nov 17 2017 at 5:58pm

Topic: Young woman gives birth after Tubes are Tied .
Posted By: india100
Subject: Young woman gives birth after Tubes are Tied .
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:21pm

Woman Gives Birth After Having Tubes Tied

• KHOUKHOUA mother of four who had her tubes tied in October was stunned when she suddenly went into labor last week—and gave birth to a baby boy. 

Destini Free, 23, an employee at the Family Dollar Store in Sweeny, Texas, was stepping out of the bathtub on Friday early morning when her water broke. “I had taken a warm bath because I thought I caught a stomach virus that was going around,” Free told Yahoo! Shine. “While I was drying off, my water suddenly broke. I was totally in shock but I knew what that meant.”

Her family was still asleep so Free took matters into her own hands, grabbing her keys and driving herself to the Sweeny Community Hospital, a short drive away from her home. “Once I arrived, I was happy to see my best friend’s sister working the front desk. I told her, ‘I know this is crazy, but I think I’m in labor.’"

Already mother to 5-year-old Adrienne, 2-year-old Cameron, and 11-month-old Cayden, Free was familiar with the signs of pregnancy. “But I had no cravings or fatigue, and I never felt the baby kick,” she said. “I help unload several hundred pounds of merchandise each week at work, which I was able to do with no problem. I also didn’t really gain weight—I thought I was just carrying leftover weight from my last pregnancy.”

KHOUKHOUUnfortunately, the hospital didn’t perform deliveries so Free was told she would be transported to another facility. But the baby couldn’t wait. After 38 minutes of labor, Free delivered a boy she named Christian. “When they handed him to me, I still couldn’t believe it—nor could my husband.”

When Free had a tubal ligation (a procedure in which a woman’s fallopian tubes are cut, blocked, or tied in order to prevent pregnancy), her OBGYN had informed her there was a one percent chance the surgery wouldn’t be effective.

“Although it’s rare for a woman to get pregnant after getting her tubes tied, I have seen it before,” Joanne Stone, MD, director of fetal medicine at Mt. Sinai in New York City, who did not treat Free, told Yahoo! Shine. “The failure rate of tubal ligation is slightly lower than say, a vasectomy which can have anywhere from .5% to a 5% failure rate.”

There are a few ways to perform a tubal ligation, says Stone. A doctor can either tie the center of both fallopian tubes so they’re no longer able to transport an egg to the uterus. Or, he or she can perform a laparoscopy, which entails inserting a device into the body that burns the center of each tube. “There are cases where the damaged tissue on the tubes can regrow and reattach. Unfortunately, nothing is foolproof,” says Stone.

And that's a blessing for Free. "He was such a surprise, but I'm so happy that my son is here," she says.

Replies:
Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:23pm
No comment.

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:26pm
The young lady is married . I have seen women in the ER like her .

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:27pm

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I saw that she was married..its the 3 kids and family dollar employee that had me smh.

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:31pm
You had a baby caused your tubes weren't tied...... said the cat.

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:33pm
And if she had her tubes tied in October... 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9....

Posted By: Meme0887
That's how my aunt ended up with her 5th...hers grew back

But my goodness..4 kids at 23

Posted By: Lady ICE
“Although it’s rare for a woman to get pregnant after getting her tubes tied, I have seen it before,

same thing happened to a friend of mine. got hers tied and had a baby 7 years later on.

Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:37pm
10 Signs Youre Over Your Job

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

I saw that she was married..its the 3 kids and family dollar employee that had me smh.
I understand lol . My great grannie gave birth to 8 kids before she turn 25 . I guess some young women are repeating the process . I would never advise a young woman to have that many children at such a young age . I plan to have my tubes burn with a Propane torch .LOLCry

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:40pm
well allrighty then.  i can believe it...

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

And if she had her tubes tied in October... 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9....

lol well damn.  i guess i just assumed she had them tied right when the last baby was born....but maybe...she was already preg when she got them tied...geezus.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:55pm
Its possible.
Can she get a refund for the procedure??

So does she have Irish twins since her last baby is only 11 months old?

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 4:55pm
wow

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:09pm
^^^^ I think that's when they're 9 months apart for Irish twins

Lol just realized my aunt and uncle are Irish twins..

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Some people refuse to wait the Six weeks before they have relations lol . Last thing on my mind after having a baby .

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:23pm
I've seen this happen irl

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:26pm
I didn't wait six weeks.  Judge me

It sucks that happened to her though.  Maybe her husband should get a vasectomy. 

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:30pm

Some people refuse to wait the Six weeks before they have relations lol . Last thing on my mind after having a baby .

Lol oh yeah I'm sure I would feel the same

After watching my friend give birth...I can't see why anybody would be interested in having anything go inside them that early

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:31pm
Irish twins are siblings born within 12 months.... my homie having her second at the end of the month but I think the baby coming this Saturday.

Im not going to judge her kids are here for a reason and as long as she is taking care of them who am i to monitor her vagina....#Life

and I knew someone who had 6 by 21

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:35pm
Sighhhhh atleast she has a job which im sure provides insurance. You got womenz out here collecting EBT Cards not giving a efff!!!!

I have Irish twinz also that are nine months apart. It was quite uncomfortable going that long doing only the doggy style. LOL

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:37pm

You do realize that a lot of America's first-generation millionaires don't make much over minimum wage...?

Just as there are individuals making $100,000/year and spending $80,000...

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:37pm
Lmao. Her being married still ain't good enough for BHM.

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:38pm
One of my coworkers is 5 months, and she just found out. We had to convince her to take a test.

Im STEEEL baffled by being preggo and not knowing it. I mean how OUT OF TUNE are you and your own body?

I call that denialLOL

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:41pm
I don't judge people's personal lives unless it directly affects mine.  I don't know her struggle, I don't know her happiness and I don't know her life. 

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:42pm
How many of you guys knows what it feels like to be preggers. To me and this is only my opinion it feels like your bloated or need to take a hard shyyyt. Some people just don't know. Me on the other hand i'm in tune with my body and if I see my belly button poking out when its not supposed to then im getting myself checked out.

Posted By: yellalady08
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:44pm
Lawd if this happened to me...
I was told it could happen. We are sure we don't want anymore children so hubby is up for the snip. I had my procedure the next day and waited 6 weeks plus.

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

One of my coworkers is 5 months, and she just found out. We had to convince her to take a test.

Im STEEEL baffled by being preggo and not knowing it. I mean how OUT OF TUNE are you and your own body?

I call that denialLOL

this is what I 've always thought when I hear these stories too. But I've never been pregnant so I guess I can't talk  about how I think would know lol.
But I am very in touch with my body and I just ASSUME that I would know if something that major was going on like pregnancy (with all the body changes). I guess she can consider herself lucky though to have had such an easy pregnancy if she didn't notice anything or any negative symptoms. Some women are sick 24/7 for the whole pregnancy.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:45pm
Didn't read

My sisters sister got pregnant "after"
Turns out she was pregnant right before the procedure but they didn't know
Oops

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:47pm
Now I"m thinking  this may be why some women have their tubes tied during the delivery. That way there's no opp'y to already be pregnant LOL. My 2 sisters and 3 of my girlfriends did  that.

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:51pm
Another GF wanted hers tied at delivery but ended up having an emergency delivery at a different hospital which was Catholic and they didn't perform tubals. She kept saying she was going to have it done later but never did. I bet that happens with a lot of women who plan to have it done but never get around to it; It is surgery after all.

so much easier for the man.

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 6:33pm
idk. i waited 5wks and it hurt like hell lol.

its always hard for me to believe that a woman can't know she's pregnant, but that's what happened to a good friend of mine. every woman is different. i knew i was w/in a week just b/c something felt different.

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Sleek Sleek wrote:

Irish twins are siblings born within 12 months.... my homie having her second at the end of the month but I think the baby coming this Saturday.

Im not going to judge her kids are here for a reason and as long as she is taking care of them who am i to monitor her vagina....#Life

and I knew someone who had 6 by 21
Was the 21 year old married ? I guess she had twins right ?

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

“Although it’s rare for a woman to get pregnant after getting her tubes tied, I have seen it before,

same thing happened to a friend of mine. got hers tied and had a baby 7 years later on.
whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt that's crazy.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:10pm
i can believe she probably just thought she was bloated and fat from the last baby, i can believe that.
plus it takes some women time before their cycle starts back up too, perfect storm.  

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:12pm
If she was a real big woman who's never been preggo, I can possibly imagine her being clueless...but a mother of 3 who's relatively normal sized?  Amazing.

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

idk. i waited 5wks and it hurt like hell lol.

its always hard for me to believe that a woman can't know she's pregnant, but that's what happened to a good friend of mine. every woman is different. i knew i was w/in a week just b/c something felt different.
I had no idea until my cycle stop in my 3rd month . I passed out .Cry

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:15pm
I could see how she couldn't conceive of being pregnant if she had her tubes tied. I guess it seemed so ludicrous to her that she didn't recognize the symptoms. The mind is powerful and hers was convinced that it couldn't happen. I can't blame her because she tried.

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I could see how she couldn't conceive of being pregnant if she had her tubes tied. I guess it seemed so ludicrous to her that she didn't recognize the symptoms. The mind is powerful and hers was convinced that it couldn't happen. I can't blame her because she tried.
I agree . Clap

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Sighhhhh atleast she has a job which im sure provides insurance. You got womenz out here collecting EBT Cards not giving a efff!!!!

I have Irish twinz also that are nine months apart. It was quite uncomfortable going that long doing only the doggy style. LOL

She work at family dollar she prolly got link card and a low income house........with a nice ass tax refund.......

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:38pm
lol @ yall judging the hell out of this woman

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:41pm
She only 23?

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:43pm
^^ Yeah, it's unnecessarily harsh. This woman TRIED to behave responsibly. It's not her fault that the procedure didn't work.

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:43pm
I couldn't imagine needing to tie my tubes at 23.......

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

I call that denialLOL

She didn't experience the typical pregnancy signs like she did with her other children.

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

you woud be surprise at the young people i see in the ER with mutiple children unmarried before the age of 20 .Cry

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:50am

Damn, did you get pregnant the day after you delivered?? LOL

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 1:11am

you woud be surprise at the young people i see in the ER with mutiple children unmarried before the age of 20 .Cry

Not surprised I have friends with 2-3 before they could legally drink......I have a class mate with a 10 year old......im 25Confused.......my uterus was like naw we good......LOL

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 1:13am
I would be so mad at my doctor

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 1:43am

god forbid she simply learns to use a condom, wtf is wrong with people.

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:15am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

You do realize that a lot of America's first-generation millionaires don't make much over minimum wage...?

Just as there are individuals making $100,000/year and spending $80,000...

I'm not sure what that has to do with my comment. 3 kids is alot. Especially to be only 23, and with possibly a minimum wage job. Doesn't change the facts.  I have a couple childhood friends in the same situation, and it isn't easy.

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:17am

I just turned 26 and my maternal instinct has NOT kicked in. Maybe it never will. Hell, 1 child at this point seems like a headache.

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:21am

I just turned 26 and my maternal instinct has NOT kicked in. Maybe it never will. Hell, 1 child at this point seems like a headache.

LOL
i told hubby this yesterday
some days i want kids and some days im like nah
i like to be able to get up and go as I please
maybe i'll feel different when i hit 24/25

i cant imagine having that many kids at 23

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Using condoms with your husband?
Tuh.
I ain't married and I don't use condoms. 

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:54am
Why didn't they give her a pregnancy test before they tied her tubes?

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Damn, did you get pregnant the day after you delivered?? LOL

Lets just say I waited for like 2 weeks.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 11:19am
I had my tubes tied at 24...I was married and two kids was enough....if this happened to me I would be devastated 

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Using condoms with your husband?
Tuh.
I ain't married and I don't use condoms. 

I know a few married couples that use condoms bc the wife doesn't like bc, like a lot of women. The surgery had to be planned so would It really cramp his style to use a condom the month of the surgery? Oh well tho, they seem happy with this last baby.

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:17pm

this is what i am trying to understand.  i mean like how hard could it be to rule out pregnancy prior to moving forward with the procedure?

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

this is what i am trying to understand.  i mean like how hard could it be to rule out pregnancy prior to moving forward with the procedure?

And the hospital aint using nothing but those Family Dollar test anyway.....its like they all dropped the ball......

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:26pm
Not all women can use the pill so condoms it is

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:26pm
Newborns are big money for Hospitals . I work at the same one i gave birth at . Sign the papers for the procedure to occur 1 day after . They claim the papers where lost . I need to reschedule before i end up like my mother .

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:29pm
I don't think pregnancy tests work when you've recently given birth, they'll be positive either way.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:33pm
I have a question, can a woman get pregnant with just one tube? a co worker had a ectopic pregnancy and had to do surgery and after doing so she said she lost 1 tube. I really hope she can still go on to have a child.

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

I have a question, can a woman get pregnant with just one tube? a co worker had a ectopic pregnancy and had to do surgery and after doing so she said she lost 1 tube. I really hope she can still go on to have a child.
Yes . Even with one ovary.

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 1:11pm
I can understand during the first few weeks of pregnancy. But halfway thru and you steeel dont know. By then the baby is wiggling about, thought it was gas???? What kinda gas these folks be having?! Lawd...Wacko #notconvinced #shrug

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 1:27pm
Right like fareal that baby is full size.....like you didnt even notice him kicking? I refuse to believe those stories about chick going through a whole pregnancy unaware.....like you didnt notice the weight gain....

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I don't think pregnancy tests work when you've recently given birth, they'll be positive either way.

so, there is no way to determine from say a blood test?

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 1:36pm

if my memory serves me correctly. my cousin got her tubes tied right after she gave birth.  like before she left the hospital.  this was like 20 years ago, so i could have that wrong...LOL

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 2:18pm
that's probably the best time to do it that way you don't have to recover from 2 surgeries. Especially if you are having a C-S anyway.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 2:19pm
Yeah, they usually do the procedure after your give birth because it's easier. Why did she wait so long ?

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 2:41pm
I'm inclined to believe she was probably preggo when sh got her tubes tied but that's just me.

Print Page | Close Window