Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=362246
Printed Date: Nov 17 2017 at 4:00pm

Topic: Bad experience with D.S Hair Extensions
Posted By: myhairzmybiz
Subject: Bad experience with D.S Hair Extensions
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 12:24am

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you guys know the real truth about this company before you spend your hard end money. I usually do a lot of research before buying hair but i blame myself for acting on impulse and making a purchase of over $900 from this company based on  reviews made by youtube hair guru's that most likely got their hair free from this company.

I placed 2 orders from this company within a week ( for me and my sister). Big mistake! I should have waited to receive my first order before placing a second one. my first order was for the ocean wavy with a closure, it took about 2 weeks for me to receive the order which i expected because that was what she stated on her website, what i didn't expect was that the closure  would be a diff color than what I ordered (ordered 1b), would turn red at the base, and appear  very scanty after washing it. I communicated this to Alex Ojo, the owner, she was so rude with her replies, i sent her pictures and told her that i would make an honest review so ppl will not make the same mistake i did. she later refunded me half of what i paid for the closure. 

When my second order arrived, i noticed that instead of sending me 6 wefts and a closure, she sent me 7 wefts. I had to send back the 7th weft for her to send me my closure which was a body wave. She sent me an ocean wavy closure, which is much wavier than a body wave and does not match the weft i ordered. She tried to convince me that it does not have to be a close match. The closure didn't look close to the pictures she posted on her website. I had to file a paypal dispute! 

Please don't make the same mistake i did! This seller is beyond rude and obnoxious when trying to communicate with her, and will most likely send you hair/closure very different than the ones  she  gave the youtube  gurus to review!

http://s514.photobucket.com/user/purseaddict/library/dshair%20extensions?sort=3&page=1" rel="nofollow - http://s514.photobucket.com/user/purseaddict/library/dshair%20extensions?sort=3&page=1

Replies:
Posted By: Ms_Kudos
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:24am
Did you try to send the hair back?

Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:52am
she is adamant she sent me the right closure and will not take it back

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 9:00am
Op ...maybe one of these Ladies...either Suga...Queen510...Ms Blue can give you tips in reviving that closure. And look through the closure thread to see if there are any tips that could also help you.hth.Sorry for your bad experience

Posted By: Ms_Kudos
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 10:37am
I agree.  

Just throwing out suggestions:
Since you're stuck with your closure, maybe try this for the color:  http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/faux-knot-bleaching-skin-sheets-for-closures_topic331910_page1.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/faux-knot-bleaching-skin-sheets-for-closures_topic331910_page1.html

Also, if you don't get refunded money for your 2nd order, maybe boil ALL the hair on rods to try to get the same pattern?

Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 10:41am
I had to redye the first closure to match the color of my hair and weft and use some face powder on the lace. My big issue now is the deep wavy closure which does not match the wefts she sent. 

thanks Ms_Kudos! I will try that method... I was going to go ahead and buy another closure. thanks

Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 10:47am
it does not seem that i will be getting my money back and frankly going back and forth with her via email drains my energy! She is not apologetic and sooo rude with her responses.

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 11:05am
WHAT ALL DID YOU DO TO THE CLOSURE.  YOU MAY HAVE TO USE SOME ors AND REALLY DEEP CONDISH THAT HAIR. 

Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 11:59am
 510Queen... for the second closure, I just washed the closure with suave shampoo and conditioner... have not done nothing else to it. what is ors?

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 12:50pm
ORGANIC ROOT STIMULATOR http://www.lumibeauty.com/834-thickbox/organic-root-stimulator-olive-oil-replenishing-conditioner-355ml.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://www.lumibeauty.com/834-thickbox/organic-root-stimulator-olive-oil-replenishing-conditioner-355ml.jpg
THEY HAVE IT IN THE BOTTLE BUT FOR REASON I LOVE THE PACKET

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 6:10pm
Confused

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 6:26pm
hopefully you get your money back. that closure looks a hot ass mess

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:12pm
Sorry OP but I can't see past those grids.

Posted By: harley_quinn
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:19pm
Sorry that happened to you.

Y'all going to learn about these YouTube gurus. Imo that hair did look very low quality in the vids I seen months ago.

Posted By: sbrooke
Date Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 11:38pm
Wow that is crazy. 900 is way too much to begin with. Don't ever spend that much on hair .

Posted By: sarah1987
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 1:00am
wow~~

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 12:06pm
Confused

Posted By: kaayshaw
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 8:14pm
I dont think the vendor is thaaat rude lol i have purchased twice from this company with my money. Its a great company & i got the same hair i saw on her website.  I also have a few videos on youtube about her company. 

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 8:40pm

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:23am
The closures she sent me are a hot mess!

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:26am
Originally posted by kaayshaw kaayshaw wrote:

I dont think the vendor is thaaat rude lol i have purchased twice from this company with my money. Its a great company & i got the same hair i saw on her website.  I also have a few videos on youtube about her company. 

She was very rude and unapologetic after I sent her pics of what she sent me

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:29am
Originally posted by myhairzmybiz myhairzmybiz wrote:

Wish I can say the same!
I was talking about the vendor . She should be ashame . I hope you get a refund and share your experience on ever site possible .

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:31am
I figured...thanks India100

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 2:05pm
Yeah right lol

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Yeah right lol
LOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 7:13pm

The last time i checked, a vendor should not be rude at all..Ouch

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 7:33pm

Yeah right. Are you sure you aren't the vendor? Geek

Posted By: pink.jester87
Date Posted: Jun 19 2015 at 4:49pm
you know I just bought hair from this company. Not only is the vendor rude (2-10 days processing time and on day 10 when I asked her what was up she sent me a 1 line email back with 0 information) but the product is absolute crap. Clearly hair from aliexpress given a) processing time and b) hair quality.

I haven't even taken the hair home, got it, shipped it right back same day. thank goodness for paypal I need to get my money back.

I would avoid this person at all costs. she sucks. 

Date Posted: Jun 22 2015 at 9:37pm
she is famous for those one line emails. no customers service and very rude.  i hope you get your money back. i am surprised that she is still in business.

Posted By: pink.jester87
Date Posted: Jun 23 2015 at 5:51pm
I agree since she clearly doesnt care about retaining customers. so sad. 

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Jun 23 2015 at 11:08pm
Ladies it's a NEW DAYShockedCry great customer service along with great above standard hair days is OVERCryUnhappy we have to grapple with WHATEVER we can get our hands on and PRAY it's REAL VIRGIR HAIR we put on out heads!Dead I know i stopped saving a thousand dollars and put on my Dealer vest and jumped into ali express watersLOL im batting 75%  out of 100 so farLamp only thing is i don't give the vendors names cause of the nature of the HIT or MISS situations that goes on, i wouldn't wanna recommend a vendor then somebody else gets sheitty hairLOL soooo at this point imma keep on pushin and when i get a really sweet sugardaddy im going for that hairaddictsonlineStarLOL

Posted By: marie67
Date Posted: Jun 23 2015 at 11:29pm
If the closure has too much of a curl pattern, you can buy a cold-wave perm( body-wave/normal strength) and run the liquid perm solution through the curls with a medium toothed comb for a few minutes, this will relax the curl pattern to a loose wave, then rinse and neutralize the hair and condition. Using the solution only without rodding will loosen your curl pattern. Good luck

Posted By: LeroyVega
Date Posted: Aug 07 2015 at 12:55am
Hey girls , I have done my hair extension course from Glamorous Lengths 3 years ago, it really good , they provide me with regular maintenance and proper care. I feel my hairs so healthy  and really happy about it .Smile 

Posted By: mimincle
Date Posted: Mar 31 2016 at 11:00am
I am glad that you had a great experience but I did not.  I ordered hair and never received it.  Over a month and half went by and still no hair.  I even paid extra for expedited shipping.  I sent several emails and only got one response asking me for my order number and then no response.  It wasn't until I posted a review of my bad experience that I got all kinds of response (one which was rather condescending) asking me to cancel the dispute I had to submit to my bank in order to get my money back.  The hair may have been great, but I'll never know.  Just bad business.  

Print Page | Close Window