Print Page | Close Window

What do we do now?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=362177
Printed Date: Aug 16 2018 at 5:28am

Topic: What do we do now?
Posted By: morenaloca
Subject: What do we do now?
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:01pm
We had a reminder tonight that not much has changed from the times that are posted in the Black History Thread. Black people being killed for no reason at all and their murderers getting away with it. We need a change. NOW. Where do we start?

Do we homeschool our children? Leave the country? Riot? Support black businesses only? WHAT?

Replies:
Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:01pm
Im so confused...I don't even have the words...

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:03pm
1 star?  stupid ass.  we need a leader.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

We aint got none worth a damn...LAWD!!!!!Cry

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:06pm
We need more lawyers and people in high offices. 

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:06pm

nah. effective groups dont have "leaders."

jr.

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:07pm

Why you coming at op like this. We are all grieving
At least op trying to come up with a solution

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Someone 1 starred this thread...she is coming for them...not the OP

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:09pm

i'm talking about the person that one starred the thread.

and JR...we don't need someone to praise but we need a voice to get all black americans listening.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:10pm
we dont need that either. 

jr.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Someone 1 starred this thread...she is coming for them...not the OP

oh okay my beef
someone just said something about the march on Washington anniversary
it would be great if we could do it again
all in black hoodies

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:12pm
OK, sir...if you know exactly what we need then why not share instead of shooting down everything without offering any suggestion?  speak.  because as far as i see half the people I know won't even give a damn come Monday morning.  their attention isn't focused on what it will take to improve our conditions in this country, they're not listening.  the rest of us will end up just like them going right back to work on Monday boiling over with frustration and end up lost in the day to day...so, let us know something?

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:14pm
Although marches and protests make a statement, they don't make change. Not in this day in age at least.

George walked because he could hide behind the law. A fractured nose = self-defense, serious bodily harm.

If we want to change that, we need someone high enough who can change laws. We need to pay attention to votes in local/state elections on this matter. We need to support officials who will fight for these causes.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:15pm
This whole thing came together without 1 real leader. However some ppl need that push. The "leaders" like Al sharpton and Jessie Jackson arent leading anything they just show up when cameras are  around. As Ive stated before any movement by blk ppl will have to be a homegrown movement on a large scale...If u want your voice to be heard you cant just yell once... and then go away you have to be consistent. Thats all any other group with an agenda has done was be consistent.

We can still seek justice for https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TrayvonMartin&src=hash" rel="nofollow - - TrayvonMartin . Sign the https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NAACP&src=hash" rel="nofollow - - NAACP petition to the Department of Justice: http://t.co/iaTmvOTnIF" rel="nofollow - - - bit.ly/14PXbDI -

Posted By: jonesable
I don't know.

let's operate as one. it's really that simple.

we need solidarity like the jews.

jr.

Posted By: Momeijheii
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

jr.
Favorable. Not feasible, tho. It just seems like more and more of us are growing unconcerned and disenfranchised by the day.
Ninjas are still all over J. Cole's album. 
This time next week? This loss won't even be a passing thought and it makes me so damn sad. I can't even begin to explain that.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:19pm
Supporting your own would be a great start

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Momeijheii Momeijheii wrote:

Favorable. Not feasible, tho. It just seems like more and more of us are growing unconcerned and disenfranchised by the day.
This time next week? This loss won't even be a passing thought and it makes me so damn sad. I can't even begin to explain that.

ehh, with that attitude, i guess nothing's ever gonna change.

jr.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:21pm

jr.

that's the end goal but how are we going to get there?  that's what we need to figure out.  we won't just come together and have a single focus.  the momentum dies everytime.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:22pm
http://s2.photobucket.com/user/MamiCuse/media/fd9d8792-f6e0-4832-a72e-656266c64bee_zps9820ab8f.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
I'm on the far right with my hoodie on. This was last year.  We brought together people from all different sides for one common good.  It wasn't a solution but it was a start.  We need a starting a point.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:23pm

ehh, with that attitude, i guess nothing's ever gonna change.

jr.
Confused There isn't any pacifism up there, but okay. As you were.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:23pm
We need unity. Lets drop that "I'm just gonna do me" bullsh!t and get back to the time where we cared for each other, not only during infliction, but at all times.

Those negroes who don't wanna get down with the program and want to remain a human shield for these crakkkas, let them be. They can die right along with massa.

We need to start recognizing this wicked kingdom for what it is and deprogram ourselves of all the lies, philosophies and doctrines of the enemy.

Lastly, drop the picket sign and grab the 9'sStern Smile

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:24pm
Dollars make sense in America. Blacks won't have pull unless we have a monetary card to play. Lobbyists get their officials elected and their officials make the laws.

Jr is on the right track with rallying together. Taking back our communities and building them up psychologically and financially would give us a foothold into change.

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Supporting your own would be a great start

This. As Jr said, solidarity....sure we'll have a few coons here and there...but there is power in numbers

Baby also mentioned being present when laws are being made...Maybe have a thread (sticky) that alerts members when certain things are going on in certain states, cities etc...since some may not be aware of them

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:26pm
start small within your own community, msw. waiting for a leader is a wot to me, esp since the older generation fcking failed us. it's up to us. and i really believe that Black hearts are open now to hear the msg and take action. get some ppl and go out to the streets. me and some folks from NTDC are gonna get together and organize. 

this is what i was hoping for when i said i hope gz goes free in the gz thread last year. i think Black ppl are finally waking up.

jr.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:27pm
Don't even believe people are gonna unite.
People don't really care .
Being honest with myself .Im usually cheering on my AAppl but people really just want to get money and get this bullsh*t american dream and be comfy in their own sh*t.
And if your black ass and your cause with their red bottom pursuit then they don't care.

We need negros at the top who give a damn not grinning ass blacks who separate themselves from other blacks when they get there.
And we need negros who ain't scared of these white people .
I'm sick of hearing what white people think.
Who gives a damn.

But it doesn't matter, that's wishful thinking.
People don't really care

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:28pm

i didn't mean to come off liek that. sorry.

jr.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:28pm

i didn't mean to come off liek that. sorry.

jr.
Hug

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:29pm
I'm done with wishful thankful and what works in theory.

What's actually and practically gonna work.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:31pm

start small within your own community, msw. waiting for a leader is a wot to me, esp since the older generation fcking failed us. it's up to us. and i really believe that Black hearts are open now to hear the msg and take action. get some ppl and go out to the streets. me and some folks from NTDC are gonna get together and organize. 

this is what i was hoping for when i said i hope gz goes free in the gz thread last year. i think Black ppl are finally waking up.

jr.

i agree with that.  i'm not saying we should sit and wait for anyone but we need people who will consistently be vocal and keep the momentum going.  i've participated in a lot of activism in my life and one thing i've always noticed is that our protests for changes to education or minimum wage or whatever other social policy eventually gets met with response and some change.  i've never seen any rallying to unite us for injustices to black people help at all.  we come together during tragedy and fall apart shortly after.  someone has to keep pushing us.  my only contribution is becoming a teacher and trying to educate black children on what's really going on.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:33pm
Its obvious they are only going to understand us when we speak their language...VIOLENCE and MONEY!!  

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:33pm
Yes Cami it takes a combo of BOTH,

Posted By: journeytolong
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:36pm
Get everyone you know that hasn't to apply for college. Volunteer places. Get jobs and do something with their life. Because the government and people in higher places expect us to stay below. Did you know if you make less than $200k you are considered "lower class" by the government? Thats how they view us just some low class, blowing hot air. The reason why we were so effective in the 50's is because we were united and we posed a threat.

Right now we're not united and we haven't been for a while. We need to find a better way and do better for ourselves. When you go out spread the love and not hate.

All negroes aren't gonna unite.
But that small group who really mean it have to click and really mean it

All violence will do is fill more of their prisons with free black labor and provide reason to continue to vilify us.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:38pm
They don't need a reason to vilify us.

Ok y'all go ahead and think reasonable actions alone are gonna carry weight with these people.

Asking for right and justice ain't ever gonna work.
Who the hell are we asking and why are we politely asking for it?

It's ours to take.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:38pm

i agree with that.  i'm not saying we should sit and wait for anyone but we need people who will consistently be vocal and keep the momentum going.  i've participated in a lot of activism in my life and one thing i've always noticed is that our protests for changes to education or minimum wage or whatever other social policy eventually gets met with response and some change.  i've never seen any rallying to unite us for injustices to black people help at all.  we come together during tragedy and fall apart shortly after.  someone has to keep pushing us.  my only contribution is becoming a teacher and trying to educate black children on what's really going on.

gotcha. by come together, i mean pulling together our finances. if anyone's idea of activism doesn't involve money, it's a waste of time just like marching and rallying.

it's about what SouthernNtellect alluded to, supporting each other so we can build become self-sufficient. this is not something that's unfeasible, either like some black folks believe because

"he who feeds you, controls you" ~ Thomas Sankara

jr.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:44pm
When I get Internet ill start working on a list of black owned businesses
I'm not not interested in what u think black people won't do

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:45pm
I'm not suggesting asking for anything. I'm just saying all violence will get you is a jail sentence and/or a bullet in your ass. It won't produce change.

Use the system they created as a tool against them. Blacks need to learn the law, impact change on the law, and enforce the law to all peoples. That type of thing can only be done from within.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:48pm
I agree with Jr self sufficiency is a big deal we def need to get as close to that angle as possible.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Stern Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaHsNhY7veA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaHsNhY7veA

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:52pm
Where's that thread trudawg made some years back?

I can't wrap my mind around this verdict...GZ didn't take the stand (helllooooooo).

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:52pm
We need to advance as a community. More emphasis on education. Support black business and hire blacks. Other races do this except blacks. Even in my damn class all the black students are busy sucking up to other group of races. The only time the black students are together is during a damn minority student meeting. I tried to make it a point to get to know every single black classmate, but they are too busy trying to get in with other groups. It is so depressing, but I just move on. Sometimes I wish I just went to a predominately black school. I go on facebook and I see outraged blacks and do I see any other one of my non-black friends showing outrage by this verdict?!?! NOPE! On Twitter same sh*t. So disappointed. 

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:55pm
even though protests and rallies aren't effective for change they can at least get us all in the same place so we can share ideas.  

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:55pm
There is a thread here to bump about a list of black owned businesses....
There was also a thread informing us about the black business app .

It's useful

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:57pm
wasn't aware of the black business app.  i'm going to try to find it.

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:58pm
Drum EDUCATION to our children. It is EVERYTHING 

Learn our history so WE teach our children who they are

Learn to love OURSELVES. Start the healing process. Counselling, mediating...ANYTHING to get that process going. 

Forgive OURSELVES for not loving ourselves because of lies we have been brainwashed to believe

Treat the infection from the core and purge ourselves with this sickness of seeking approval from it

SHARE knowledge that you come across with other blacks. 

We may not see it in our life time but we have to educate our babies. We really do. 

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:14pm
What is the name of the app? I can't find it

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

Drum EDUCATION to our children. It is EVERYTHING 

Learn our history so WE teach our children who they are

Learn to love OURSELVES. Start the healing process. Counselling, mediating...ANYTHING to get that process going. 

Forgive OURSELVES for not loving ourselves because of lies we have been brainwashed to believe

Treat the infection from the core and purge ourselves with this sickness of seeking approval from it

SHARE knowledge that you come across with other blacks. 

We may not see it in our life time but we have to educate our babies. We really do. 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

When I get Internet ill start working on a list of black owned businesses
I'm not not interested in what u think black people won't do

Its obvious they are only going to understand us when we speak their language...VIOLENCE and MONEY!!  

Thumbs Up

Action works. Reasoning does not work with them. Trying to be a good negro doesn't work with them.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:41pm
I agree with whoever said we fight with money.

Black people have buying power in the US. If we were to utilize that we could make demands. With things like twitter and even BHM type websites, it's not too hard to spread information.

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:41pm

jr.

Ayeeeeeee! Lemme know somethingAngryHeart

@ the bolded red. That sh*t is beyond deep. Like...beyond. iseewhatyoudidthere.

His death won't be in vain if it's a catalyst for Black America to wake the fukk up.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:45pm
I'm ready to boycott. PLEASE give me a reason to save my lil coins. Please. Hell, that can possibly do us all some good in the long run.

We definitely can't look back. If you're discouraged already, because of the few careless kneegrows on your timeline...you might not be about this life. Do us all a favor and say fukkkkkkkkkk them. Ignore those fools. We will overshadow the naysayers. Don't believe the hype. IGNORE THE BLACK TROLLS.

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:47pm
We need to go after the judicial system. We need to find ways to get the laws changed. The laws across America should be the same. One state should not be different than the next. That is one of the flaws. They let each state's locals dictate how the laws should be and each state is different demographically to benefit the majority there and we all know MONEY talks. 

We need to get people together who feel the same about America's justice system and work together to make changes. Also, civilians should not be able to possess guns and law enforcement should be regulated as to under what circumstances they should be able to use lethal force. If we take the guns away from civilians, then law enforcement will have to change the way they do things...

There is a lot of work to do. Where do we start? With our focus. As much as we know many things going on are racially infused, we need to not make it about that. We need to make it about how these kinds of situations are handled. Racisim isn't going to go anywhere...people hate people that are different from them. 

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

Dollars make sense in America. Blacks won't have pull unless we have a monetary card to play. Lobbyists get their officials elected and their officials make the laws.

Jr is on the right track with rallying together. Taking back our communities and building them up psychologically and financially would give us a foothold into change.

I always say this.  The reason why people run in circles to appease Jews is because they have the financial clout to affect things.  When black people improve their communities and their standing in America, no one will have any choice but to listen when we speak.

Marches, organizations, all of that is crap.  Build your community by starting with your home.  If we all did that, things would be radically different.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:51pm
I wonder if the mod can set up a thread like they did for gabby douglas
or if we can send cards to the family
does anyone have an address?

Date Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 11:53pm
It starts with respecting one another. Let's agree to disagree respectfully. Atheists and believers need to put the bullsh*t aside and walk hand in hand. If your agenda is getting guns off the streets, don't scoff at the next person who's agenda is education. Let's work together like a well oiled machine. Every platform has a time and place.

Picking one another apart is distracting. Let's focus on coming together by any means necessary. 

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

I always say this.  The reason why people run in circles to appease Jews is because they have the financial clout to affect things.  When black people improve their communities and their standing in America, no one will have any choice but to listen when we speak.

Marches, organizations, all of that is crap.  Build your community by starting with your home.  If we all did that, things would be radically different.
Lamp

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:04am
This is what one of my facebook friend's wrote as their status. I agree:

"I know some ppl don't want to say it but young black men die at the hands of other black men all the time and no one says anything! Just saying! Look at whats going on in Chicago, New Orleans and any hood across this country. As horrible as this thing is...maybe it's time for us to address the real issues that plague this country."

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:06am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

"I know some ppl don't want to say it but young black men die at the hands of other black men all the time and no one says anything! Just saying! Look at whats going on in Chicago, New Orleans and any hood across this country. As horrible as this thing is...maybe it's time for us to address the real issues that plague this country."

So true.  We can't expect White America to let us fix them when we still haven't fixed ourselves.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:09am
And here some the idiots.....
Racism is the root of our problems.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:11am
And the "no one says anything" is bull sh*t. 

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:12am
One should not excuse one tragedy by comparing it to another. It is not as if people who are angry at this arent disheartened by blk on blk crimes. In fact this is the same reasoning that many whites have used to discredit blks feeling on this and simply call it "overreacting". If we want to have a discussion about why the inner city is the way it is and why the mentality is the way it is than so be it. That can be done.... but dont belittle the actions of this murderer to do so.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:18am
I don't want to just rant on this website.

What can I do!? Which major companies operate out of Florida? I don't want that state to ever see a penny earned by a black man for as long as grass is green. We need to DO something.

For Trayvon, for Oscar, for all of them. I am sick of this sh*t. I am sick of these people.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:18am
Stern Smile

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:19am
can we boycott the companies who supported zimmerman?
that money came from somewhere!

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:20am
True. But, I don't think she was belittling his actions. I believe she is just saying that we as black folks need to be just as charged about these crimes as our own crimes. There needs to be change, but how can we change when we as African Americans have a hard time uniting and we are killing each other. That is how I see it. We as a black community have a lot of work to do. We can't just focus on one area..we need to look at the bigger picture. Because the picture is big. Racism is a huge problem. But again, we have this whole light skin vs dark skin trip going on in our community that stems from said racism. 

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:26am
Yes, did any companies support zimm? We need to create a list of known racist businesses and companiesand boycott and bring that money to the black community

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:27am
A lot of problems in the AA community stems from racism. I agree there comes a point were we have to address problems within but a lot of those problems link back the the cards we have been dealt. Can we overcome it? Yes. I believe so, however when I hear ppl say blacks and blacks are killing each other at high rates yada yada...I ask them to address the issue that made this situation possible. You cant address the problems within the AA community without addressing racism and prejudices. Our ideas of success and equality have been skewed.

I know I say a lot of sh1t on here and some may brush it off as bullsh!t but Im never ignorant to the situation or as to who I am and the life I lead. I am a black woman every day and have been one for a long time...lol Im not blind to the bullsh!t.....The black community is the boy that cries wolf we get mad  say what we're going to do and do nothing. Thats why they dont fear us....They dont even pay attention for the most part....

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:32am

i doubt we'll ever find out.  they don't want to alienate any future dollars.  but i guarantee plenty of our co-workers and neighbors were dropping $40 here, $60 there into his defense fund.

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:38am
"You cant address the problems within the AA community without addressing racism and prejudices. Our ideas of success and equality have been skewed." 

Because we allow it to be. We need to become unbrainwashed. I hate they have that much power to where their hatred is the root of the hatred amongst our people. We need to take that back and get our minds right and not let that be the reason for how we interact with one another. 

I'm black and I'm proud and I hate dealing with the racist b.s. as well, but I choose not to give them the power to upset me and make me feel less than. I would love to see our people come together. We need to address our mentality-unlearn and relearn.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:38am
We can find out in some way. Wouldn't that be in public records in some way?

Lol I've cooled down some. Woooooh yall I was ready to flip some tables at dinner when I heard.

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

A lot of problems in the AA community stems from racism. I agree there comes a point were we have to address problems within but a lot of those problems link back the the cards we have been dealt. Can we overcome it? Yes. I believe so, however when I hear ppl say blacks and blacks are killing each other at high rates yada yada...I ask them to address the issue that made this situation possible. You cant address the problems within the AA community without addressing racism and prejudices. Our ideas of success and equality have been skewed.

I know I say a lot of sh1t on here and some may brush it off as bullsh!t but Im never ignorant to the situation or as to who I am and the life I lead. I am a black woman every day and have been one for a long time...lol Im not blind to the bullsh!t.....The black community is the boy that cries wolf we get mad  say what we're going to do and do nothing. Thats why they dont fear us....They dont even pay attention for the most part....

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:41am

While I see where shes/hes coming from and agree, It's important to remember why this case became big in the first place. It wasn't just because a black boy was killed. Like mentioned, that happens every day. It was because a little black boy was killed and the Murderer wasn't arrested and charged. And now he wasn't convicted. 

Society has no problem putting a Black Murderer in jail and throwing away the key. But when another race commits a crime against blacks, they don't care. Black people are more likely to be convicted, and serve a longer time for the same crime as white person. Similarly, a person is more likely to be convicted if the  victim is white than if he/she was black. 

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:45am

"You cant address the problems within the AA community without addressing racism and prejudices. Our ideas of success and equality have been skewed." 

Because we allow it to be. We need to become unbrainwashed. I hate they have that much power to where their hatred is the root of the hatred amongst our people. We need to take that back and get our minds right and not let that be the reason for how we interact with one another. 

I'm black and I'm proud and I hate dealing with the racist b.s. as well, but I choose not to give them the power to upset me and make me feel less than. I would love to see our people come together. We need to address our mentality-unlearn and relearn.

I agree but this was not that long ago and it wont change over night . Id be willing to say that to many have brought the ideal thats being sold that we are equal.Too many ppl of color are shocked with racist acts occur. The mentality has to be addressed ideed but those who need to hear it wont hear it because its generations deep. This is not a fly by night change that needs to occur.... We need to overlook or subtle differences to unify for the larger cause at hand instead of hand picking who can and can not be apart of the change that needs to take place.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:50am
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

It starts with respecting one another. Let's agree to disagree respectfully. Atheists and believers need to put the bullsh*t aside and walk hand in hand. If your agenda is getting guns off the streets, don't scoff at the next person who's agenda is education. Let's work together like a well oiled machine. Every platform has a time and place.

Picking one another apart is distracting. Let's focus on coming together by any means necessary. 

Clap

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:55am
I agree that we always say we're going to do something but do nothing.

When this happens it's important to reframe the question. Because when someone asks, "what do WE do now?" I feel like the Bystander effect kinda takes place.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect  This basically means everyone has good intentions, but no one takes initiative to help because there are others around that could hold the responsibility instead. An example is if you are giving cpr and you yell "someone call 911!" everyone will look to another person to do it. Instead you should say "Suzie, Call 911!"

So I think the question should be asked what are you personally going to do? When discussed like this, it is easier to be cohesive and take action.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 1:38am
not to get off topic here..but now they want to keep those 6 jurors names annomyous .

The judge six weeks ago prohibited the disclosure of juror names as long as they were at work.

The six women who deliberated Zimmerman's fate are known to the public only by number.

Defense attorneys have asked the judge to extend that anonymity for six months. She, though, has made no ruling.

Media attorneys have opposed the idea, saying that to assure that trials remain an open and public process juror names should not be kept secret.

Rachel Fugate, a lawyer for the Sentinel and sister newspaper the Los Angeles Times, both of them covering the trial, today delivered a letter to the judge, pointing out that with deliberations underway, the issue is now ripe for reconsideration.

She asks that the judge hold a hearing on the issue before she makes a ruling.

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 1:46am
Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

What is the name of the app? I can't find it

still can't find the name of the app or the thread.  

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 2:31am
its sad that a black boy had to die to show the living black people we aint ish! It's also reminded coons/black celebs/beyaki that they are black.

so sad! 

first time ever, i can't read the daily mail because of the truly racist comments

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 2:33am

hate to mention this bish but pau pau deen and fox news probably funded him

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 2:47am
Let those juror names out. A major part of me wants the internet to research their backgrounds because I just know they have demonstrated racism in their past. I guarantee it.

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 2:52am
The huff post agreeing with verdict?

https://twitter.com/MrSpradley" rel="nofollow - - @MrSpradley https://twitter.com/MrSpradley/status/356256263509770241" rel="nofollow - 4h

"They have seen what Trayvon Martin did to my brother and it's high time people accept that." ~ Robert Zimmerman Jr.

Retweeted by  https://twitter.com/HuffingtonPost" rel="nofollow - Huffington Post
https://twitter.com/MrSpradley/status/356256263509770241" rel="nofollow - -

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 2:58am
https://twitter.com/NoelClarke" rel="nofollow - - @NoelClarke https://twitter.com/NoelClarke/status/356320813080788995" rel="nofollow - 2m

The Travon Martin case is another example of being treated differently when you look the way I do. Don't argue unless you truly understand.

https://twitter.com/NoelClarke/status/356320813080788995" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/NoelClarke/status/356320813080788995" rel="nofollow - Collapse
  • https://twitter.com/#" rel="nofollow - - Reply 
  • https://twitter.com/#" rel="nofollow - - Retweeted 
  • https://twitter.com/#" rel="nofollow - - Favorite 
  • < ="" ="btn- with-icn dropdown-toggle" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; border: 0px; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -webkit--shadow: none; -shadow: none; color: rgb0, 132, 180;">

Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 4:00am
Nah lilacs...go to the front page of the huffington post, read their story not guilty, not innocent

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:53am
The Jordan Davis trial starts inSeptember

Don't let this case go unnoticed

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:57am
09/23/2013      9:00am     State of Florida vs Michael Dunn

Legs not forget Trayvon or his family, but lets show the world that once again we are united. I barely slept last night, I will come back with more details and ideas when I have rested

Posted By: binky622
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:59am
what we do now, well you get them where it hurts don't spend money or support Florida commerce that would hurt worse than anything

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:00am
FLORIDIANS, START SHOPPING ONLINE

AIM  TO SHOP AT BLACK BUSINESSES

Posted By: binky622
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

FLORIDIANS, START SHOPPING ONLINE

AIM  TO SHOP AT BLACK BUSINESSES

i remember seeing when folks in Sanford demanded justice the business begged for things to get back to normal bc they were losing money.  fla started making appeals bc tourism was down.  this shall be interesting

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:13am
I'm not trying to be pessimistic...

But a lot of ppl in my state have that yes massa, good old boy mentality...

Blacks here are scared of doing or saying anything that will put them in an unfavorable light with whites...

Not saying this is all blacks in NC, this is just what I've noticed...

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:17am
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/naacp-petiton-for-trayvon_topic362184.html

Posted By: LadyAradia
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:26am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

I'm not trying to be pessimistic...

But a lot of ppl in my state have that yes massa, good old boy mentality...

Blacks here are scared of doing or saying anything that will put them in an unfavorable light with whites...

Not saying this is all blacks in NC, this is just what I've noticed...

Also slave masters bred American blacks to be passive and docile. to faithfully cook for massa without poisoning him and his entire family. Jamaican and African black are less docile

Posted By: Ms_Kudos
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:33am
(Also posted this in the GZ sticky)

My steps:
- Support black owned businesses (about to download the aroundtheway app)
- Boycott Florida (no tourism dollars)
- Purchase a gun, register LEGALLY!  (if we start taking arms, and 'protecting' ourselves the way they do in mass, trust, they WILL take notice)

Posted By: luvmybiga$$fro
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:34am
Ita with everyone that stated that we must hit n,ot only clear folk, but every other race that believe and treat us as less than, where they will feel it- their pockets. We may not have their financial advantages, but we have great financial power in what businesses we suppott and purchase our goods from.

Imagine if we ceased supporting these companies on a global scale- they would be building an economic stimulus package ( hint, hint- reparations) begging us to come back! You keep ya coins in your pocket and in your black owned businesses and demand changes across the board. Do like they do- blackmail them and hold them hostage by not spending ya hard earned money in their institutions until the ink is dried on bills that are passed and made law.

I've been around clear folk and others long enouh to know how most operate. Money is indeed power. Buying power is just as important as having financial independence. Its the most crucial aspect of economics besides a quality product. No buyers- no profit!

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:38am
Can we have a black businesses thread or something? I will travel to support us...

Posted By: cvzx
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:38am

We aint got none worth a damn...LAWD!!!!!Cry

This is the time when new leaders ermerge. I know there their, their the ones who have usually been fighting but on a small scale. We have plenty of local leaders.

Print Page | Close Window