Print Page | Close Window

You have to struggle to make it

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=361521
Printed Date: Jun 18 2018 at 4:44pm

Topic: You have to struggle to make it
Posted By: KottonKandy
Subject: You have to struggle to make it
Date Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:09pm
I hate when people say that. I've had two people tell me that years ago when I was finding my way. I don't feel like people should have to struggle. No one wants to struggle. Yes, there may be struggles in life, but you shouldn't have to have them. You learn to overcome them.. But hmmm, is that's why people tend to hate people who "appears" to never had struggles, at least financially?

Replies:
Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

I hate when people say that. I've had two people tell me that years ago when I was finding my way. I don't feel like people should have to struggle. No one wants to struggle. Yes, there may be struggles in life, but you shouldn't have to have them. You learn to overcome them.. But hmmm, is that's why people tend to hate people who "appears" to never had struggles, at least financially?

Do you do this?

Date Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:17pm
financially I'm good. :) you do that?

Date Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:19pm
No

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:26pm
Everybody's definition of struggle is diffetent what my be a struggle for you might not be for me.

But yes you have to struggle cause when you overcomeis when you grow and gain better knowledge of how to deal with things.

If that makes sense

Posted By: journeytolong
Date Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:30pm
Well it depends I guess from experience. Have you ever seen someone truly struggle? I used to give this homeless man the change in my pocket everyday before going to school. He slept at different bus stops and he used to always come to the shelter I was interning at, at the time. Years later I went to visit a nursing home and saw that he's now he's a ceo there.

Now that I've said that I have completely forgot what I was getting at...my minds everywhere right now.

Date Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 10:42pm
^I understand for the most part lol. I'm fighting sleep, so I don't feel like typing out all what I'm trying to say lol. If interested, I'll try again tomorrow. But I still don't feel people should have to struggle. 

Posted By: sbrownie84
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 1:07am
I think I understand what you mean to a certain extent. Alot of people feel that you may have what you have accomplished 'too easy' and that it is unfair b/c you did not work hard enough to deserve it. It ties into the virtue of sacrifice then success. However, many people fail to realize that some people are laid back and not as 'driven' as others.  What may deem as a motivating factor for some maybe not move another.
Struggle is subjective. We do not know everyone phlight. What we see is not always what it is.
At the end of the day, we all have to account for our own lives and as long as we are not depending on anyone or leeching off of anyone else's 'struggle' or sacrafice then it is no one's business what happens in our life.

Posted By: juniper angel
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:09am
I just don't like when people don't struggle than want to compare their accomplishments to mine kinda like trust fund kids and people that have been handed every thing in life i just don't take them that seriously

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:17am
there's a certain sector of people who believe that ish and I can always pick them out.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:25am
Hi Sm

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:40am
Hi Purp

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:50am
Some idiots like doing sh*t the hard way.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 4:40am
I won't say you have to struggle but most people who make it big do struggle somewhat in the beginning. We very rarely see that. All we see is the finished product and it looks like they've made it overnight. That's not necessarily the case...we just didn't know them when they were "nobody".

The only folks I believe who have absolutely no struggle are the ones born into wealth. I mean...i'll give u a token ...maybe one who wanted to do sh*t on their own but they already have the connections in place and the monetary backing etc so I don't really consider that struggling. Tho they might.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 4:42am
Let me add....I do believe you have a select few that have the type of energy/personality/luck that things just seem to fall into place and they do "make it" within a short period of time (short period of time being a year or 2 since they started their adventure) .  So they might "struggle" a lil bit but not for long.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 7:23am
Struggle is overrated

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 8:27am
I don't see struggles, I see challenges. And I've always overcome them.
Some people are never "challenged" so they may lack work ethic, social skills, and overall basic survival skills.

Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 10:29am
My gripe..

I hate when black people say it though. The ones who have told me that are the ones who society wouldn't deem as being successful, but to be fair, they seem to be content with their lives. Black folks have struggled enough. Stop accepting that it's something that we must do. Thinking that will keep you in that mind frame, stopping you, I believe, from becoming greater. 

I agree, people see successful people and think that they never been through anything and that's far from true in some cases. I remember in my young 20s I moved to a city by myself. I worked 2 jobs, had my own apartment, and car. To me, that's not making it, that's just living. Who don't have that. To my "friends" back home, I thought I was all that now. You so called have to struggled to make it, but when you do "make" it, some people hate you for it. 

Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Some idiots like doing sh*t the hard way.

Exactly.. Like some people may not have it easy, but they can learn a trade, go to school, start a side hustle or something to live better, but they don't.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 10:11am
people usually characterize effort as struggle when they are doing something they didn't want to do 

there's going to be struggle when your actions contradict your intent

effort isn't seen as struggle when you're doing what you want to do, pretty much how you want to do it, for reasons you agree with it, to meet an end that you look forward to ... 

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 11:23am
Everyone's struggle is different. Mine is juggling all my responsibilities and school and not going crazy on someone. It's a struggle not to b a b.itch everyday.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 11:26am

i don't quite understand what youre saying...
the people who dont struggle to make it are those who dont need to struggle....
well, i guess thats kidna obvious. Those who dont have to struggle, just dont.
some will struggle, some wont.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 11:28am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I won't say you have to struggle but most people who make it big do struggle somewhat in the beginning. We very rarely see that. All we see is the finished product and it looks like they've made it overnight. That's not necessarily the case...we just didn't know them when they were "nobody".

The only folks I believe who have absolutely no struggle are the ones born into wealth. I mean...i'll give u a token ...maybe one who wanted to do sh*t on their own but they already have the connections in place and the monetary backing etc so I don't really consider that struggling. Tho they might.

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 11:33am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Struggle is overrated
I agree...if you plan properly you greatly reduce your chances of struggling.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 11:34am
I was in court and over heard (eavesdropping) two men talking; 

#1 said "you gone get me back for the lunch I spotted for you last week?"

#2 "Yeah, I got you.

#1 "Cause the struggle is real my niqqa"

I walked out of the judges chambers and was surprised to see to attorneys, #1 was black- #2 yt Dead

Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

i don't quite understand what youre saying...
the people who dont struggle to make it are those who dont need to struggle....
well, i guess thats kidna obvious. Those who dont have to struggle, just dont.
some will struggle, some wont.

put it like this...some people keep struggling because they put themselves in situations where they have to keep struggling. For example, having a baby and they are having difficulty raising that child. Then they turn around and have another one and now it even more of a difficulty. Or someone opening a credit card, have issues paying for it, then turn around and open another card. From what I see, those are the people going around saying you have to struggle to make it. I think my concept can be difficult for others to understand, like y'all have said, everybody struggle is different and have their own idea what struggle is. 

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 11:50am
I think we all struggle simply due to our race . People will hate me until the day i die due to my black skin  . I will stuggle to change things for India . A part of life in my op .I will never complain about money or the lack of . God bless me with the basic things i need to live .

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=osUn1WOOWoa9GM&tbnid=kQxvPyk9ic5fwM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthedailyquotes.com%2Fpost%2F6631&ei=-HTIUbfjE7ar4AOl44HQDg&bvm=bv.48293060,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNGa0gNTycLvm_X5u8oDfx3zkcQuDA&ust=1372177935450129" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I think we all struggle simply due to our race . People will hate me until the day i die due to my black skin  . I will stuggle to change things for India . A part of life in my op .I will never complain about money or the lack of . God bless me with the basic things i need to live .

O_o You claimed it, so you are going to live it. :/

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 12:01pm

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

O_o You claimed it, so you are going to live it. :/
I have for 50 years . I live to change things for my daughter . Hate due to my race will never control my life .  Stuggle was the name of your topic right ? I will struggle with the reason white folk will hate my beautiful black baby and keep it moving . I lean on God .

Posted By: journeytolong
Date Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:11pm

put it like this...some people keep struggling because they put themselves in situations where they have to keep struggling. For example, having a baby and they are having difficulty raising that child. Then they turn around and have another one and now it even more of a difficulty. Or someone opening a credit card, have issues paying for it, then turn around and open another card. From what I see, those are the people going around saying you have to struggle to make it. I think my concept can be difficult for others to understand, like y'all have said, everybody struggle is different and have their own idea what struggle is. 

That is a great example. I think it just has to do with straight up stupidity and choices. You'd be surprise at the number of adults even teens that do not realize "they have a choice". They can truly do wht they want and make a decision. It doesn't have to be hard or difficult for them. No one teaches that though especially not in the schools.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

people usually characterize effort as struggle when they are doing something they didn't want to do 

effort isn't seen as struggle when you're doing what you want to do, pretty much how you want to do it, for reasons you agree with it, to meet an end that you look forward to ... 

Thanked.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:29pm

It's called life and it ain't fair for everybody.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Thanked.

yes...

Print Page | Close Window