Print Page | Close Window

Serena Williams is not blaming the girl but...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=361404
Printed Date: Jul 23 2018 at 11:13am

Topic: Serena Williams is not blaming the girl but...
Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Subject: Serena Williams is not blaming the girl but...
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:44am
Serena had something to say about the Steubenville Rape caseThumbs Down:

We watch the news for a while, and the infamous Steubenville rape case flashes on the TV—two high school football players raped a 16-year-old, while other students watched and texted details of the crime. Serena just shakes her head. "Do you think it was fair, what they got? They did something stupid, but I don't know. I'm not blaming the girl, but if you're a 16-year-old and you're drunk like that, your parents should teach you—don't take drinks from other people. She's 16, why was she that drunk where she doesn't remember? It could have been much worse. She's lucky. Obviously I don't know, maybe she wasn't a virgin, but she shouldn't have put herself in that position, unless they slipped her something, then that's different."

If you aren't familiar with the story, a 16-year-old girl who was passed out from alcohol was raped by two high school football players on August 12, 2012. The incapacitated victim was photographed and assaulted in a horrible situation that made national news for months.

Replies:
Posted By: stardaqueenb23
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:47am
All I see is that LF.

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:47am

Awwwww shyt!

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:48am
F*ck Serena and her f*cked up wigs

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:51am
she disgusts me for this. 

bless her for being victim to people being sexist and judging her femininity for her to turn around and blame a rape victim for their assault. 

fück you. ignorant, inconsiderate ass. 

brava.

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:56am
Remember those two times I insulted Serena's looks this week? I'm glad I never took that back.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:57am
finally showing her true gender.

she just asked herself a bunch of stupid ass questions.

she's used to having athlete privilege so i'm not surprised.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:58am
Honestly, what really makes me sick is the "She's lucky." comment. I had to just stop my reread after that.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

Honestly, what really makes me sick is the "She's lucky." comment. I had to just stop my reread after that.

Right...Lucky that she got raped? The f*ck? Confused

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:00am
this is deplorable...

but she will have her capes like I said in the other thread.

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:01am
That lucky comment is what really pissed me off

Can't believe she said this..I expect these comments from disgusting men

How would she like it if someone said she had it coming because that's pretty much what she said

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:08am
Really Serena? Really? Poor excuse for a woman. This is completely deplorable. Shut the up Serena

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:09am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

Right...Lucky that she got raped? The f*ck? Confused
I don't even want to try and understand her "reasoning" behind that.

Posted By: morenaloca
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:11am
Never liked her. I am not surprised to hear this though. I have met quite a few women in real life who feel the same way she does or worse Confused Some people either will not or cannot put themselves in other's shoes and really think about things. If she was raped, she would not consider herself lucky in any way, shape or form.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:21am
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

All I see is that LF.

I didn't even bother to read...my eyes were stuck on that picLOL

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:32am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

"Obviously I don't know..."
Obviously.

Foh with her comments.

ETA: The comments are killin' me in a good way.Cry
http://deadspin.com/serena-williams-on-steubenville-im-not-blaming-the-g-514085256?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow" rel="nofollow - http://deadspin.com/serena-williams-on-steubenville-im-not-blaming-the-g-514085256?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:06am
That thought process is just as fukced up as those two random pieces of crinkly, synthetic looking hair and that half moon shine from her lacefront.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:10am
"I'm not blaming that girl but I am saying it's all her fault."

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:19am
CR my favorite and only Serena sentence actually concerning the rapists directly:

"Do you think it was fair, what they got? They did something stupid, but I don't know."

Sleepy

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:22am
*sigh* I wish some people would stick to talking about their area of expertise.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:25am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

CR my favorite and only Serena sentence actually concerning the rapists directly:

"Do you think it was fair, what they got? They did something stupid, but I don't know."

Sleepy

Yeah that is pretty horrible. Even most victim blamers wouldn't say something like that. 
Im still very confused about the maybe she wasn't a virgin part. Like I have no Idea what she was trying to even say.

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:25am

Sleepy

The ? Really Serena, really? And after I was singing your praises for beating that white girl at the French Open? Really?

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:44am

Sleepy

Yeah that is pretty horrible. Even most victim blamers wouldn't say something like that. 
Im still very confused about the maybe she wasn't a virgin part. Like I have no Idea what she was trying to even say.
"She's lucky. Obviously I don't know, maybe she wasn't a virgin, but she shouldn't have put herself in that position, unless they slipped her something, then that's different."

I don't know. Somehow her being a virgin would make the victim less at fault for being brutally raped, assaulted and humiliated?

I don't even know CR. All I know is that I don't know why the victim's past sexual history is relevant to her but I guess it is if you're batting for #teamboyswillbeboys.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:48am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

finally showing her true gender.

she just asked herself a bunch of stupid ass questions.

she's used to having athlete privilege so i'm not surprised.

I hatechu sooo much for thisLOL.. welp by the looks of my avi, yall already know how I feel about Serena.. dang S.W I can't cape for you now.  I don't play w/ rape victims.. Serena can stick that tennis racket where the sun don't shine.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:48am
It looks like she was saying a virgin would never put herself in a situation like that

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:50am

Sleepy

"She's lucky. Obviously I don't know, maybe she wasn't a virgin, but she shouldn't have put herself in that position, unless they slipped her something, then that's different."

I don't know. Somehow her being a virgin would make the victim less at fault for being brutally raped, assaulted and humiliated?

I don't even know CR. All I know is that I don't know why the victim's past sexual history is relevant to her but I guess it is if you're batting for #teamboyswillbeboys.

Ohhh you didn't know cc, if they were not virgins when they were raped it doesn't count..

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

It looks like she was saying a virgin never would put herself in a situation like that

nope, and if the rape was not forcible it doesn't count, we have body defense mechanisms against it. Are system will automatically shut down.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:53am
^Gurl!

Thanks meme. Damn, either way you interpret it, it is disgusting.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:53am
Ohh Ok. I see. Yeah Serena is completely backwards. Wow.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:57am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Ohhh you didn't know cc, if they were not virgins when they were raped it doesn't count..
pretty much. after the wrapper's open, there's no going back. 1? 5? 50 dudes? 

it's all the same. *shrug*   

we even sure this is an incident of legitimate rape

in serena's defense, "if it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down."

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:59am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

pretty much. after the wrapper's open, there's no going back. 1? 5? 50 dudes? 

it's all the same. *shrug*   

we even sure this is an incident of legitimate rape

in serena's defense, "if it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down."

I know I am really sarcastic w/ subjects like these but they really piss me off. I want to scream sometimes about itOuch

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:01am

I know I am really sarcastic w/ subjects like these but they really piss me off. I want to scream sometimes about itOuch 
 Hug me too. 

people's blatant ignorance about such an age old, wide reaching topic makes me so livid. 

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:05am

It looks like she was saying a virgin never would put herself in a situation like that

nope, and if the rape was not forcible it doesn't count, we have body defense mechanisms against it. Are system will automatically shut down.

Her ass would probably agree with this too..smgdh

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:12am

Her ass would probably agree with this too..smgdh

now I need to change my avi, but I don't even know my new password, it's autosavedCry

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:44am
Lucky? Is she a man? I expect to hear this from a man...

Some celebs become so out of touch with reality that when they try to comment on current events, they end up making an ass of themselves...

Feminist groups will be all over her for this one...

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 4:09am
The moment I saw that horrible-ass picture of Serena, I knew she must have said something ugly because the author of this article intends to smear her. Dead

Anyway, while I do support exercising caution, I do not like to place the responsibility of the perpetrator's actions on the victim.

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 4:58am
This woman blamed the victim, that is disgusting.   I hope her cheap, ugly fashion line, is pulled from the shopping channel.

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 5:25am
Everyone in this story needs to do better. & reason better. & judge situations better

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 5:46am
And this is one of the many reasons why rape cases have such low conviction rates. No wonder most women don't report rape. What incentive is there? People will blame you, call you stupid, sympathize with the rapists, and call you a liar (because some women do lie about it).

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 5:49am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

That thought process is just as fukced up as those two random pieces of crinkly, synthetic looking hair and that half moon shine from her lacefront.
This

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 5:53am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I agree. Why even have the crinkly pieces? Cry

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 5:58am
How do we know she said this? I was expecting a tweet or a video.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 6:01am
They said her comments were during a Rolling Stone piece.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/9401093/comments-serena-williams-steubenville-rape-case-create-stir" rel="nofollow - http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/9401093/comments-serena-williams-steubenville-rape-case-create-stir

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 6:01am
I get what she means..but it is a lose/lose for anyone to speak some reality into the issue even when they give a dash of compassion...people have to be responsible for themselves to avoid certain situations. Sh!t like this happens...it is nothing new..we hear it about it all the time in the news. Not everyone has your best interest. Let's work on some defensive strategies to avoid these kinds of situation...Be smarter..and yes parents should beat into their kids' heads about social safety. 

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

They said her comments were during a Rolling Stone piece.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/9401093/comments-serena-williams-steubenville-rape-case-create-stir" rel="nofollow - http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/9401093/comments-serena-williams-steubenville-rape-case-create-stir

Oh. Well damn. I was hoping this was a hoax.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 6:04am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

I get what she means..but it is a lose/lose for anyone to speak some reality into the issue even when they give a dash of compassion...people have to be responsible for themselves to avoid certain situations. Sh!t like this happens...it is nothing new..we hear it about it all the time in the news. Not everyone has your best interest. Let's work on some defensive strategies to avoid these kinds of situation...Be smarter..and yes parents should beat into their kids' heads about social safety. 

the situation doesn't matter because women get raped while completely sober and by people they trust every damn day.  it's not the victim's fault that someone else CHOSE to behave like an animal and take advantage of a female.  

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:26am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

the situation doesn't matter because women get raped while completely sober and by people they trust every damn day.  it's not the victim's fault that someone else CHOSE to behave like an animal and take advantage of a female.  

Right? I can't remember the exact statistic but aren't the majority of rapes perpetrated by people who are actually known to the victim? What's to be said for being "smarter" if you're raped in your own house by someone you know for example?

alladis

@ cherry, yes.

women have been getting raped for years, and it has nothing to do w/ what they wear, how they act, if they are drunk or sober. the onus is completely on the rapist. period.

as far as social safety, what the fvck does that mean? women shouldn't go out and party? yes, she was underage and shouldnt have been drinking simply bc that is breaking the law, but is that a reasonable consequence? sh*t, men only have to worry about getting peens drawn on them in permanant marker on their face if they get drunk.

women have to alter their lives and behavior so that they don't get raped? what about the women that have been raped when ppl broke into their homes? or had things slipped in their drinks?  its a damn shame that we as have to live our lives like that and that we have to have all these strategies.

latest anti-harrassment invention:
Bizarre: It might seem like the androgynous fashion trend taken too far, but a Chinese companys new hairy leg hosiery hopes to help women ward off unwanted male attention

i don't want anyone even consider having to slip these on in order to practice "social safety"

what bothers me is that these guys aren't required to have their pic in the sex offender database b/c they are juveniles, and they can get off of the registry early if they have "good behavior"...which means they weren't caught harrassing/raping someone else Ermm

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:26am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

F*ck Serena and her f*cked up wigs

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:34am
I read the rest of the article & Serena sounds arrogant and aggressive.  It wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't relate to other women and she feels more like the guys; I'm sure she gets the comparison often enough.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:38am
What a disgusting excuse for a woman. Sheit you barely look like one and now you abrely sound like one. Eat a dick. Preferably her own.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:39am
Oh sh!t, I suspect a retraction will soon follow for Serena. Are y'all forgiving?

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:41am

Oh sh!t, I suspect a retraction will soon follow for Serena. Are y'all forgiving?

No. I hope Sharapova wipes the floor with her uglass. How dare she. I just went from being a fan from disliking that man in like .02 seconds.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:44am
Lima, now you know better. Serena has committed the BHM Unforgivable Sin.

Her name will forever more be Mud in these skreets. FOREVARRRRRRRRRRRR!

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:44am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

No. I hope Sharapova wipes the floor with her uglass. How dare she. I just went from being a fan from disliking that man in like .02 seconds.
LOLLOLCryCry

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:46am
Someone's comment from the article:

"I hope she hurts her knee in her next match. maybe then the rape victim can comment on how she shouldn't have been in that situation. she needs to shut up. "

Truf. God I hope she loses.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:48am
I never understood why everyone here tried to make serena happen off the court.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:51am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I never understood why everyone here tried to make serena happen off the court.

Fascinating.....

Posted By: Afrocentchic
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

Never liked her. I am not surprised to hear this though. I have met quite a few women in real life who feel the same way she does or worse Confused Some people either will not or cannot put themselves in other's shoes and really think about things. If she was raped, she would not consider herself lucky in any way, shape or form.
I'm a part of an FB group full of women that have children and grand schildren that share the same sentiments as Serena. They also are of the slut shaming, Tyrese, Tyler Perry, and Steve Harvey worshiping crew. I fear for their generations.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:55am
A) Good to see you boo! I've missed your font! How you been? Hug

2) Why are you part of a group like that?

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 8:02am
Welp, there went Serena's capes. I guess when you blame the teenage girl who was drugged, raped, recorded, intimidated, and threatened nothing can save you.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 8:09am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

A) Good to see you boo! I've missed your font! How you been? Hug

2) Why are you part of a group like that?
lol Hey sis! Good to see you too :: big hug:

Honestly I'm not sure why I'm still there. Most of the men have the spirit of Tyrese within them. For example, a 40+ year old man makes a post demanding women not be angry when a man asks for a paternity test. When even the church of Steve Harvey objected him and his brethren declared that supporting a child that is not theirs is a greater oppression than demanding a paternity test.

....There's a part of me that would like to think by objecting to their behavior I could atleast begin to make them consider that they are all contributing to the problems within the black community especially the oppression of black women and girls....

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 8:14am
Bless your hopeful heart. Hug

Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:12am
Shiiiid, If I had a reason to believe the child is not mines, I'm getting a paternity test right away. I'm not taking care of any children that are not mines.

Also, no woman should ever get raped and sex while she is intoxicated is rape, don't matter if she consented while sober or drunk unless your intoxicated more than she is.

Posted By: KinksnWinks
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:24am
I will never understand why bhm gets so angry over others opinions.....she said something ignorant, if y'all didn't know she was stupid by now, y'all bad.....but going hard in the paint for someone who wouldn't care if you died tonight after talking about her wont ever make any sense to me......talking about trends that need to go is that... It's like being extra with all the cursing words are y'all be victims when the spotlight isn't on y'all......

Reading is fundamental soooo I will insert this comment: I'm not specifically talking about this situation but any opinion that doesn't fit your narrative

Maybe I'm more laid back but my energy is precious and going hard in the paint is something I rarely do

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:33am
If she died tonight I'd care.
And tupac cares if don't nobody else care.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:34am

you, and the 3 people that thanked you, need to kindly go back to the drawing board. 

just like it's not the store's fault someone decides to steal (but it was so nice, too expensive, ireally wanted it), it's not a victims fault that someone decides to rape them (she needed to be kept warm, she's so pretty, her clothes were....). 
you wanna work on defensive strategies? 

do me a favor. go tell rapists and people that harass, not to do it. tell them to have control over themselves and exercise personal responsibility in their choices to harass and/or rape. tell women like yourself and serena to stop supporting/defending people who make the choice to abuse/rape/harass/etc others by saying victims should've done abc. 

please spare me the "adapt/acquiesce to our oppressors so they stop oppressing" logic. 

kindly gtfohwtbs. 

Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:36am

you, and the 3 people that thanked you, need to kindly go back to the drawing board. 

just like it's not the store's fault someone decides to steal (but it was so nice, too expensive, ireally wanted it), it's not a victims fault that someone decides to rape them (she needed to be kept warm, she's so pretty, her clothes were....). 
you wanna work on defensive strategies? 

do me a favor. go tell rapists and people that harass, not to do it. tell them to have control over themselves and exercise personal responsibility in their choices to harass and/or rape. tell women like yourself and serena to stop supporting/defending people who make the choice to abuse/rape/harass/etc others by saying victims should've done abc. 

please spare me the "adapt/acquiesce to our oppressors so they stop oppressing" logic. 

kindly gtfohwtbs. 

Thanked.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:36am
I thought I was in the thread about Model. 

I am not sure I'd care, I think Tupac still does. 

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:37am
Lol yeah I don't feel the need to e cuss Serena out...
But I don't agree with her.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by KinksnWinks KinksnWinks wrote:

I will never understand why bhm gets so angry over others opinions.....she said something ignorant, if y'all didn't know she was stupid by now, y'all bad.....but going hard in the paint for someone who wouldn't care if you died tonight after talking about her wont ever make any sense to me......talking about trends that need to go is that... It's like being extra with all the cursing words are y'all be victims when the spotlight isn't on y'all......

Reading is fundamental soooo I will insert this comment: I'm not specifically talking about this situation but any opinion that doesn't fit your narrative

Maybe I'm more laid back but my energy is precious and going hard in the paint is something I rarely do

And I will never understand why people expect others to react to someone's opinion the way they would. You weren't offended? Good for you. Don't try to throw shade at people who were. 

Being extra complaining about other people and their reactions is a trend that needs to go. Don't nobody control these keystrokes but me.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:43am

Internet outrage and feelings are not the same as real life outrage. Like says congrats to somebody online but irl you don't give a .

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:46am

I will never understand why bhm gets so angry over others opinions..... 
for me, because that sh!t? that sh!t right there? THAT'S what fuels the fire. 

that's the attitude that encourages low conviction rates for rape. 

that's the attitude that rape victims deal with when they report. 

that's the attitude that blames little "fast" girls and not pedos. 

that's the attitude that basically says "it's ok, they're just women". in one way, or another, it keeps us ALL OPPRESSED-- our bodies/health, our physical safety, equal work/equal pay off the top of my head 

her words, among other people's, validate all of the above on some level. it directly effects and disgusts me. 

as far as the cursing, [sam] that's just how i talk [/jackson]. 

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:47am
Serena reminds me of one of those ugly (on the inside and out) male identified women who threw away their femininity and just sees herself as a man with a coochie. So I'm not surprised her hermaphrodite ass would say something like that.

Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:51am

Not too many men are agreeing with this rape is justified, in fact we think is horrible.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 10:18am
I think the way she said it comes off as normalizing rape.
I will be boo'd, but I don't see the harm in exercising caution knowing that some men are rapists, robbers, liars, cheats, you name it.
Nothing wrong with educating your loved ones, but serena should have kept it to herself

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 10:24am
Melikey noooooooooooo

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 10:26am

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 10:49am
Can bhm admit Serena is unattractive now?

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 10:54am
Cuz only unattractive people say stupid shyt?

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:01am
No. I will admit I caped for her because she's an accomplished black athlete in a racist sport. But my cape and her logic are both now null and void.

Posted By: KinksnWinks
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:01am

And I will never understand why people expect others to react to someone's opinion the way they would. You weren't offended? Good for you. Don't try to throw shade at people who were. 

Being extra complaining about other people and their reactions is a trend that needs to go. Don't nobody control these keystrokes but me.

Once again you are being extra....and as i put in my original post reading is fundamental .....I did not complain, I did not say I had an expectation, I asked why? And said I didn't understand , nor did i put how I felt about. it......honestly don't care how you feel or your opinion Now if you told me why you felt the need I would have been oh ok... So please don't try to aim your hurt feelings at me

You are right that trend needs to go, but getting e-hurt needs to go as well .....you're not smart enough to read into my comments...so don't

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:04am

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:04am
this is how the majority of the world feels about rape so i am not surprised she said this tbh

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:05am
What is goin on this week? Have all the cycles synched? LAWD HAMMERCY!

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:05am
I see I got here right on time.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I will be boo'd, but I don't see the harm in exercising caution knowing that some men are rapists, robbers, liars, cheats, you name it.
Nothing wrong with educating your loved ones, but serena should have kept it to herself
i shall step forth and boo you madam!! Tongue

but really, i get what you're saying -- oz prevention > lb of cure. and i agree that is applicable to many things: wearing seat belts, washing your hands, studying before exams, etc. 

however, how much MORE caution can i exercise, say in my own home? if i'm in my private residence and someone breaks in to rob me and decides to rape me for the hell of it, what MORE should i be doing before the perp has to take responsibility for their actions to not rob and rape people? 

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:12am
"What happened in Steubenville was a real shock for me. I was deeply saddened. For someone to be raped, and at only 16, is such a horrible tragedy! For both families involved -- that of the rape victim and of the accused," Williams said in a statement Wednesday.

What was written -- what I supposedly said -- is insensitive and hurtful, and I by no means would say or insinuate that she was at all to blame.

-- Serena Williams
"I am currently reaching out to the girl's family to let her know that I am deeply sorry for what was written in the Rolling Stone article. What was written -- what I supposedly said -- is insensitive and hurtful, and I by no means would say or insinuate that she was at all to blame.

"I have fought all of my career for women's equality, women's equal rights, respect in their fields -- anything I could do to support women I have done. My prayers and support always goes out to the rape victim. In this case, most especially, to an innocent 16-year-old child."

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:13am

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

i shall step forth and boo you madam!! Tongue

but really, i get what you're saying -- oz prevention > lb of cure. and i agree that is applicable to many things: wearing seat belts, washing your hands, studying before exams, etc. 

however, how much MORE caution can i exercise, say in my own home? if i'm in my private residence and someone breaks in to rob me and decides to rape me for the hell of it, what MORE should i be doing before the perp has to take responsibility for their actions to not rob and rape people? 

that's not what happened to the girl though.
often times it seems as though women do not want to admit that sometimes a victim can act unwisely.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

What was written -- what I supposedly said -- is insensitive and hurtful, and I by no means would say or insinuate that she was at all to blame.

-- Serena Williams
oh ok. 

we gon go that route. 

a'ight...

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:15am
If Rena don't have unedited video of that interview, they ain't tryina hear it.

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:16am

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

-- Serena Williams
oh ok. 

we gon go that route. 

a'ight...

lol riiight
if that is right you better learn like Beyonce and videotape every interview you give and keep the transcripts

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:16am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

often times it seems as though women do not want to admit that sometimes a victim can act unwisely.
i know that that's not what happened.

what i'm asking though, is how much of an ideal situation do i need to create to not be raped, assaulted or harassed? 

what are the things that need to line up to where we can place the blame where it actually belongs? 

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:17am
Pity nooooooooooooooooooo

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:17am

Pity nooooooooooooooooooo
why you hollerin like people fallin off cliffs?

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:23am

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i know that that's not what happened.

what i'm asking though, is how much of an ideal situation do i need to create to not be raped, assaulted or harassed? 

what are the things that need to line up to where we can place the blame where it actually belongs? 

im not speaking about the hypothetical
i am speaking about this specific case in which the victim acted unwisely. not more unwisely than the accused and convicted of course, but there is a modicum of culpability 

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:23am
Y'all phuckin up my Zen. STAHPPIT!

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:24am

Y'all phuckin up my Zen. STAHPPIT!
aww...  Hug

Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:26am

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:28am
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

All I see is that LF.

Serena has amazing features. If only somebody would do right by her hair

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:31am

If she died tonight I'd care.
And tupac cares if don't nobody else care.

LOLCryLOLCry

Print Page | Close Window