Print Page | Close Window

Radio host blames single moms for gay kids.

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=361308
Printed Date: May 26 2018 at 1:50am

Topic: Radio host blames single moms for gay kids.
Posted By: india100
Subject: Radio host blames single moms for gay kids.
Date Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 11:56pm
Tommy Sotomayor, Atlanta Radio Host, Blames Single Black Mothers For Young Gay Men
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/tommy-sotomayor-gay-men-_n_3441550.html?view=print&comm_ref=false" rel="nofollow -

By http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennisha-morgan" rel="nofollow - Posted: | Updated: 06/14/2013 1:34 pm EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/tommy-sotomayor-gay-men-_n_3441550.html" rel="nofollow - -
http://plus.google.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2013%2F06%2F14%2Ftommy-sotomayor-gay-men-_n_3441550.html&hl=en-US" rel="nofollow -
< id="youtube_lJGuMEZhxgY" height="315" ="http://www.youtube.com//lJGuMEZhxgY" Border="0" width="570" allowfullscreen="">
<(WARNING: The above video contains language that might be found offensive.)

Tommy Sotomayor, an Atlanta-based radio host and YouTuber recently took to his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJGuMEZhxgY" rel="nofollow - - A video of a group of teenage boys rapping about oral sex has surfaced on the internet. In that clip, the teenagers offer striking and explicit detail about having oral sex with men.

As Clutch Magazine points out, http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2013/06/video-of-teen-boys-rapping-about-oral-sex-is-hip-hop-or-parenting-to-blame/comment-page-9/#comments" rel="nofollow -

He then added that single black mothers oftentimes take credit for rearing noteworthy children, but they blame absent fathers when the children experience challenges. He also goes on to claim that the black race has become androgynous and claimed that black women have failed.

“The black race looks like the 80s," he said. "You don’t know who is what. The women look like men, the men look like women

Replies:
Date Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 11:59pm
Sorry . Trying to get the video of the kids to post . Fail . You can see the video if you click below . TIA

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/tommy-sotomayor-gay-men-_n_3441550.html" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:00am
I just want someone to put his ignorant ass outta his misery.

Can we start a fund for that?!

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:03am
wow bhm is a tough place for single moms this week

What else can we blame on them?

Single moms are responsible for absent dads, not the absent dads?

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:05am
these boys are the reason why we need to stop claiming that black children don’t need their fathers.”

never heard that before.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:06am
I Never heard of the man until recently on BHM . Ricky i forgot about the recent threads . I notice the story due to the children and comments he made . Really awful and ignorant to blame a mother .

Posted By: Morris Chestnuts
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:07am
Yall supposedly hate this guy so much but continue to post his material on here

Posted By: KinksnWinks
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:07am
It's not the first time, I've heard this sooooo meh

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:08am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Beer

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:09am
eyeroll....

I have a lot of BLACK gay friends who are from "stable 2 parent" homes.

Gtfohwtbs

**edited for clarity!

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:10am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Tommy Sotomayor, Atlanta Radio Host, Blames Single Black Mothers For Young Gay Men
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/tommy-sotomayor-gay-men-_n_3441550.html?view=print&comm_ref=false" rel="nofollow -

By http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennisha-morgan" rel="nofollow - Posted: | Updated: 06/14/2013 1:34 pm EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/tommy-sotomayor-gay-men-_n_3441550.html" rel="nofollow - -
http://plus.google.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2013%2F06%2F14%2Ftommy-sotomayor-gay-men-_n_3441550.html&hl=en-US" rel="nofollow -
< id="youtube_lJGuMEZhxgY" height="315" ="http://www.youtube.com//lJGuMEZhxgY" Border="0" width="570" allowfullscreen="">
<(WARNING: The above video contains language that might be found offensive.)

Tommy Sotomayor, an Atlanta-based radio host and YouTuber recently took to his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJGuMEZhxgY" rel="nofollow - - A video of a group of teenage boys rapping about oral sex has surfaced on the internet. In that clip, the teenagers offer striking and explicit detail about having oral sex with men.

As Clutch Magazine points out, http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2013/06/video-of-teen-boys-rapping-about-oral-sex-is-hip-hop-or-parenting-to-blame/comment-page-9/#comments" rel="nofollow -

He then added that single black mothers oftentimes take credit for rearing noteworthy children, but they blame absent fathers when the children experience challenges. He also goes on to claim that the black race has become androgynous and claimed that black women have failed.

“The black race looks like the 80s," he said. "You don’t know who is what. The women look like men, the men look like women

rofl this true tho

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Morris Chestnuts Morris Chestnuts wrote:

I Have never made a post about he man . I only realize he was the same man we have topics on a few moments ago . Will be my last now that i see how low he can go on children and single mother's.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:21am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

wow bhm is a tough place for single moms this week

What else can we blame on them?

Single moms are responsible for absent dads, not the absent dads?
fixed and i totally agree. 

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:22am

rofl this true tho

So what about homosexual men of other races, and black gay men who come from two parent homes?

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:25am
I ain't comment on none of that gay ish. I'm just saying I agree with the bolded when it comes to other things. I kno gay black dudes from two parent homes so I don't really agree with this.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:27am
Okay, gotcha. Didn't catch the bolded.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:35am
This guy needs to learn from pastors & congressmen who have obsessed on the gay lifestyle in general & were subsequently outed.

The more you shout & stand on your head to draw attention to your disagreement with something, the more likely it is that you participate in that lifestyle. And eventually an ex lover or whistle blower will be too happy to air your dirty laundry.

His half assed "I don't hate on people in that lifestyle" comment won't protect him from a skeleton popping out the closet. 

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

This guy needs to learn from pastors & congressmen who have obsessed on the gay lifestyle in general & were subsequently outed.

The more you shout & stand on your head to draw attention to your disagreement with something, the more likely it is that you participate in that lifestyle. And eventually an ex lover or whistle blower will be too happy to air your dirty laundry.

His half assed "I don't hate on people in that lifestyle" comment won't protect him from a skeleton popping out the closet. 
Amen . Clap

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:52am
Seriously...this reminds me of the old Southern senator/rep who originally filibustered against one of the civil rights integration bills in the 60s. Turned out he had a black lover (woman) and ended up having a biracial love child with her which he later acknowledged in the 90s before he passed away.

I'm just sayin...dude's asking for people to peel back layers on his personal life.

Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:56am
smh, this man is a fool and not in the funny way.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 12:56am
And not a word from him would have been said if the same young boys were rapping about eating coochie.

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 1:24am
those kids rapping like that broke my heart...they're so young and to be that flamboyant and reckless sounding...wow. I hope it was a joke. As for Sotomayor, i know for certain that he is a joke so I have opted not to click.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 1:43am
Yo, how old are they talking like this? This just broke my heart.

Nothing wrong with them being gay, but they just seem so loose and free at such a young age.

I want them to radio about shooting hoops and playing video games, not sucking pubic hairs .

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 1:55am

Yo, how old are they talking like this? This just broke my heart.

Nothing wrong with them being gay, but they just seem so loose and free at such a young age.

I want them to radio about shooting hoops and playing video games, not sucking pubic hairs .

quotable from video

"I Hate ni99a's that's not tall, they ask me what block I'm on, I said, in btw yo balls"

they sound like regular kids rapping about sex, it seems like the same sex subject is what people are really tripping off. If so, why aren't many of you tripping off rick ross, tyga, chief keef, and 9/10 rappers out right now? It's all the same thing to me.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 1:58am
Because Ross, Tyga, and 9/10 rappers are adults.

I don't acknowledge Chief Keef's existence.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:01am
Yall can miss me with the "its the same just same sex" cause yall dont treat gay/bi niccas the same as bi women outside of rap. Don't try to act like its the same in rap. Women rap and sing bout bisexuality and that's all cool. But dudes need to keep that to themselves real talk.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:03am
So if single mothers are the "blame" for gay kids then who's the blame for hetero kids?

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:05am
*sigh*

The black community is so vehemently homophobic, it's no surprise that so many men are undercover.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:06am

Because Ross, Tyga, and 9/10 rappers are adults.

lol you ain't no goodLOL

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:08am

Yall can miss me with the "its the same just same sex" cause yall dont treat gay/bi niccas the same as bi women outside of rap. Don't try to act like its the same in rap. Women rap and sing bout bisexuality and that's all cool. But dudes need to keep that to themselves real talk.

Confused what are you saying?

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:08am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

So if single mothers are the "blame" for gay kids then who's the blame for hetero kids?
Guuurl!

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:09am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Guuurl!

If we can stop Hetro marriage once and for all, they will stop producing gay children, problem solvedApprove

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:10am
I don't listen to most rap that's popular nowadays.

If one was to believe the "popular" rap music, all black men are ratchets with tons of discretionary income to toss at strippers. And when they're not hanging at their favorite strip club, they have countless women fighting over who will give them head first.

I don't have time for the extreme misogyny and excess in general that's promoted in the current crop of mainstream rap artists.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:11am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Guuurl!

If we can stop Hetro marriage once and for all, they will stop producing gay children, problem solvedApprove
Guuurl! x2

LOL

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:11am

Guuurl!

LOL

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:12am

I don't listen to most rap that's popular nowadays.

If one was to believe the "popular" rap music, all black men are ratchets with tons of discretionary income to toss at strippers. And when they're not hanging at their favorite strip club, they have countless women fighting over who will give them head first.

I don't have time for the extreme misogyny and excess in general that's promoted in the current crop of mainstream rap artists.

what type of music do you listen to mostly then?

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:15am

SleepyOuch

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:15am

*sigh* 

The black community is so vehemently homophobic, it's no surprise that so many men are undercover.
agree. 

many black people are so ignorant about and/or offended by the different facets of sexuality, gender and sex almost to the point of waging war on the topic.  

we're only hurting ourselves by choosing to remain in the dark. 

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:16am
@F8:

A LOT of house music...and not necessarily EDM/top 40/david guetta-ish type stuff, but stuff that doesn't always make it out of Europe or out of true house music circles in the US. I'm a huge fan of dark progressive house: Tom Novy, Jerome Sendanhal (sp), Robbie Rivera, Frederico Franchie (sp), etc

R&B, pop, I like a lot of international stuff: JRock & Kpop, Indian pop music too. Kpop is my workout music at the gym. Embarrassed

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:17am
So it's the moms' fault and not the men who leave these mothers?

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:21am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

*sigh* 

agree. 

many black people are so ignorant about and/or offended by the different facets of sexuality, gender and sex almost to the point of waging war on the topic.  

we're only hurting ourselves by choosing to remain in the dark. 
Lamp I had to bold the whole thang.

It's much easier to stay in the dark Neka. You can ignore sooo many things in the dark!

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:22am

@F8:

A LOT of house music...and not necessarily EDM/top 40/david guetta-ish type stuff, but stuff that doesn't always make it out of Europe or out of true house music circles in the US. I'm a huge fan of dark progressive house: Tom Novy, Jerome Sendanhal (sp), Robbie Rivera, Frederico Franchie (sp), etc

R&B, pop, I like a lot of international stuff: JRock & Kpop, Indian pop music too. Kpop is my workout music at the gym. Embarrassed

gurl I like you, but are music choices greatly differ to say it in a nice wayLOL I like Indian music as well but I'm not sure exactly which genre I like. I use to watch bollywood music videos when I was a child all the time. Hmm do you you have any cool Indian music you can recommend to me when you have the time?

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:27am
Lol...I meant like more contemporary stuff like "Punjabi MC" (which a lot of people mix with Jay Z tracks) or similar to "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire. So it still has a semi traditional sound but is backed by more modern sounds. I'm obsessed with this song "Ala Meen" by Mohamed Kelany...it's just really pretty but also very dance oriented & uptempo. I randomly heard it in a bodega & shazaam'ed it.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:28am

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:29am
Those boys look like they are under 16.......lawd.

Honestly if my son was rapping about sucking on d1kc I would assume that he had been sexually abused.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:30am
I love the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. LOVE it.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:30am
I wuv Panjabi Mc feat. Jayz beware, I was just dancing to it bollywood style in my carLOL Thanx will youtube that song, but I got to turn you out to some punk rock songs.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:33am

I wuv Panjabi Mc feat. Jayz beware, I was just dancing to it bollywood style in my carLOL Thanx will youtube that song, but I got to turn you out to some punk rock songs.

Honestly I will listen to anything...but I really listen to the lyrics. So when something is too offensive, it's a turn off. That's why in the past 4 years, my rap/hiphop collection has become very small (or not very current). I only really hear stuff because my fiance is a DJ. I don't even take on clients with misogynistic content. I don't support that.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:34am

It's much easier to stay in the dark Neka. You can ignore sooo many things in the dark!
[ak]guuuuuuuuurl[/ak] that "the talk" thread put me in perspective as to how much i take the relationship with my mother for granted. 

the kind of fückery going on in that thread and our families is the kind of sh!t that keeps std/sti stats high, little girls getting knocked up and little boys not thinking twice before making children they abandon. thank god the women in that thread didn't fall victim. 

guess i gotta chuck "sex/gender" in the bin next to "ni99as and science"

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:36am

[ak]guuuuuuuuurl[/ak] that "the talk" thread put me in perspective as to how much i take the relationship with my mother for granted. 

the kind of fückery going on in that thread and our families is the kind of sh!t that keeps std/sti stats high, little girls getting knocked up and little boys not thinking twice before making children they abandon. thank god the women in that thread didn't fall victim. 

For real. My childhood included lol. My mom didn't really tell us anything except push a Christian agenda. And don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with telling your kids that you would prefer that they wait to have sex, etc. But don't turn a blind eye to the situation entirely. Ignoring sex/sexuality/mature topics doesn't make them disappear.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:41am

Honestly I will listen to anything...but I really listen to the lyrics. So when something is too offensive, it's a turn off. That's why in the past 4 years, my rap/hiphop collection has become very small (or not very current). I only really hear stuff because my fiance is a DJ. I don't even take on clients with misogynistic content. I don't support that.

okay.. well some of the songs/artists do curse a tad but they are cursing out the government and religion(mainly Christianity thoughOuch) But, I try to listen to mostly positive music though and ratchet music it's good for the soul.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:42am

For real. My childhood included lol. My mom didn't really tell us anything except push a Christian agenda. And don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with telling your kids that you would prefer that they wait to have sex, etc. But don't turn a blind eye to the situation entirely. Ignoring sex/sexuality/mature topics doesn't make them disappear.
we are >>>>here<<<<

my mom stressed that she wanted me to wait until marriage. however, she added that if i wasn't to be well aware of what i was getting myself into. to keep that kind of information mum or leave it to schools or your kid's little friends is ludicrous. 

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:47am

LOLCry

I'd say something about my reasoning concerning the discomfort about sex/gender & science but it's bound to be offensive to a lot of folk so I'll hush up and be good. *adjusts halo*

I agree with our entire post though.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:49am

LOLCry

I'd say something about my reasoning concerning the discomfort about sex/gender & science but it's bound to be offensive to a lot of folk so I'll hush up and be good. *adjusts halo*

be bad cc. -- do it!! Evil Smile

*shrug* people are offended on here all the damn time. 

throw a ls/ds thread at em and run like hell.  

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:49am

LOLCry

please say it ccOuch

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:53am

okay.. well some of the songs/artists do curse a tad but they are cursing out the government and religion(mainly Christianity thoughOuch) But, I try to listen to mostly positive music though and ratchet music it's good for the soul.

One of my clients is a nu-metal artist who does music that focuses on encouraging people to be more active and to question society so I actually do like socially conscious music (regardless of genre). I used to really love groups like Rage Against the Machine, etc. Religious bashing is kind of touchy for me though. I really liked Marilyn Manson's "Reach Out & Touch Faith" even though the man is the antithesis of all things Christian lol. I don't have an issue with religion, I have an issue with people who twist religion to fit their agenda (not necessarily artists but politicos, etc).

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 2:54am

please say it ccOuch

This!

People are always in their feelings on here...might as well say it! LOL

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:02am
*Looks around nervously* Fine den! lol

I think a lot of it has to do with religion.

Not saying other ethnic groups don't have issues with sexuality, gender, etc but....yeah.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:07am
@modelb, I am christian and it hurts me when I hear stuff like that, at first I didn't know what they were saying. Then I hear, straight bashing of Jesus, and I'm like dang why.............. I listen to Christina metal also e.g Demon Hunter.

^^^ that's it cc?

while i commend you posting, that wasn't bad. 

at. all. and i agree. 

many of the people that represent various religions are all about sexual shamming, villainizing  women, and homophobia. or they're just screaming the loudest.  

it all comes off so polarized and not particularly applicable to anyone's contemporary life. 

Not saying other ethnic groups don't have issues with sexuality, gender, etc but....yeah.

I would agree specifically with Christianity, since so much in general is vilified - beyond homosexuality.

But at the same time I know there are some societies that aren't under the same "moral compass" as Christianity and they also tend to be somewhat homophobic or not too keen to acknowledge it.

For example, Japan. Whereas being sexually active isn't vilified to the same level as say the US because it's not a Christian based society, homosexuality still isn't something that's widely accepted in the mainstream. 

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:08am

I would agree specifically with Christianity, since so much in general is vilified - beyond homosexuality.

But at the same time I know there are some societies that aren't under the same "moral compass" as Christianity and they also tend to be somewhat homophobic or not too keen to acknowledge it.

For example, Japan. Whereas being sexually active isn't vilified to the same level as say the US because it's not a Christian based society, homosexuality still isn't something that's widely accepted in the mainstream. 

hmmmLamp

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:17am
Thanks Y'all.Smile

I would think Japan would be more open. Hmph.

I wonder where such one dimensional attitudes about sexuality stem from? Where's elegant MM with his graphs, studies and abstracts?

OT: Is it me or is posting on here getting harder and harder?

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:27am
I don't think atheists are really uniformed thinkers as most people would think. There are plenty of atheist who are homophobic.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:28am

Thanks Y'all.Smile

I would think Japan would be more open. Hmph.

I wonder where such one dimensional attitudes about sexuality stem from? Where's elegant MM with his graphs, studies and abstracts?

OT: Is it me or is posting on here getting harder and harder?
no problem. i was hoping to use my warriors gif though.  

my feminist self attributes the concept to men who wrote religious texts with/by a god in their image and in their favor. then they went forth and spread the good word-- where they could. i wonder what accounts for the difference in attitude toward the mediterranean. 

to the bolded: ugh-- [the ten]hell i hope[/commandments] 

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:39am
^LOL

Neka, I can get with that theory. I need a women/gender studies major to come in here and drop some knowledge *Shines bat signal to get Concrete in here*

F8, mais oui! I have not ran into any in my small circle of atheist/agnostic folk *but* I do not doubt for a moment they exist. If I met one, they'd probably make my eye twitch lol.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 3:52am

^LOL

Neka, I can get with that theory. I need a women/gender studies major to come in here and drop some knowledge *Shines bat signal to get Concrete in here*
in a similiar vein--  i wish i could remember the book, but (years ago) a teacher was mentioning that he had read an interesting text that had to do with the move from "women" centered healing (spiritual, herbs/potions, healers) to a more "male" (mathematical, hard medical science) approach and how the former was then branded dark arts and witch craft. 

I don't think atheists really uniformed thinkers as most people would think. There are plenty of atheist who are homophobic. 
oh most def. just like there are racist atheists somewhere. 

i'm just of the belief that religion has had a bigger head start and further reach than atheism. 

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 4:08am
Homosexuality actually is accepted to some degree in Japan.  For example, same sex households are recognized...you just can't have a homosexual wedding in Japan.  Homosexual sex is accepted to a degree--just hang out on a Saturday night at Shinjuku Ni-chome for proof.  The only thing is that it is not considered something a lot of people take seriously and parents expect their gay children to marry people of the opposite sex and reproduce.  Those who are out are widely accepted, but usually as outlandish caricatures of gays.  The word for these types of gays is "okama" and it is seen as a pejorative term among anyone who is a caricature.  There are even gay pride parades in Tokyo.

It is both accepted and not accepted, but in a completely different way than it is in the west.

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 5:11am

Am I dreaming?

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 7:04am

lord make it stop.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 7:28am
I find it funny that he blames the single mothers and doesnt say a peep about all of the men that ignored their responsibility Ermm

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 7:35am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Those boys look like they are under 16.......lawd.

Honestly if my son was rapping about sucking on d1kc I would assume that he had been sexually abused.
I think they are around 12 . One of the main reasons i notice the story after reading his ignorant rant .

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 7:36am
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

I find it funny that he blames the single mothers and doesnt say a peep about all of the men that ignored their responsibility Ermm
I wonder how his mother feels about how ignorant her son turn out . Confused

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 8:46am
I honestly believe it's a combination of the grown crack babies and the hormones in the food, not good for the psyche...

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 9:29am
I think kids have way more freedom today . Nothing to see a 10 yr old out alone at night .

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 9:35am

Girl! Please. I'll donate.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:06am
Funny thing all the gay men I know come from two parent homes......

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Funny thing all the gay men I know come from two parent homes......

All the gay men I know take care of their kids too. Stern Smile Almost all of the gay Black men I know are amazing men that I'd be proud to have as my children.

I don't like when people (like the guy in the OP)make it seem like being gay is a problem. Like some parenting fail occurred, because someone is gay. No those kids are bad, because they are talking about sucking d!ck in jail, violent acts, and inappropriate sexual activity generally for teenagers, not because the subject matter is homosexual.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:15am
Yep they are excellent fathers......the ones I know.....

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:27am
I wonder if Ricardo became a parent ? I use to tell the man all the time how great he would be .

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:30am
The hate between heteros and homos I have no clue and why there is such animosity between two people who do their own thing. Never understood it.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:32am

I wonder if Ricardo became a parent ? I use to tell the man all the time how great he would be .

Plenty of women would have his baby........he fine! Lol

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:34am

And he is a good man. He seems like he would make a great father.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:38am

Yes yes !!LOL

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:43am
Who is ricardo?

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 11:04am
Ricardo is/was a poster here who had great style and intelligent posts.  Plus he had 3b/c great hair!!!

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 11:10am
Hmmm... seems like he was the perfect man to you ladies

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 11:12am
Ricardo is gay.
Yall are weird as .

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 11:15am
I actually listened to about 11 mins of his actual vid because articles rarely tell the full story of what ppl say but give the highlights that are sure to anger and/or amuse their audience.

He does say that its not just because the boys describe homo acts that he's upset about.  He also is upset that rap music in general and videos have oversexualized the younger generation as a whole.

He doesn't in the 11 mins I heard discuss about the male role--or lack of it as a cause however.  That's what is the biggest wrong here.  Maybe he addresses it later in the vid but I clicked the X.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 11:30am
Why are we wierd for admiring Ricardo ? Stern Smile

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Ricardo is/was a poster here who had great style and intelligent posts.  Plus he had 3b/c great hair!!!
Beautiful hair .Clap

Date Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 1:51am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Homosexuality actually is accepted to some degree in Japan.  For example, same sex households are recognized...you just can't have a homosexual wedding in Japan.  Homosexual sex is accepted to a degree--just hang out on a Saturday night at Shinjuku Ni-chome for proof.  The only thing is that it is not considered something a lot of people take seriously and parents expect their gay children to marry people of the opposite sex and reproduce.  Those who are out are widely accepted, but usually as outlandish caricatures of gays.  The word for these types of gays is "okama" and it is seen as a pejorative term among anyone who is a caricature.  There are even gay pride parades in Tokyo.

It is both accepted and not accepted, but in a completely different way than it is in the west.

But is it really accepted if someone still expects you to marry someone who you're clearly not attracted to or to only be "accepting" of those who come across as overtly "gay" because that's easier to wrap their head around than a more masculine man who happens to be gay? IMO, in that respect, that's no different than here. Sure, in major cities for the most part people don't bother you and don't really care what you do. But you still have people with relatives who still try to fix them up with someone hetero, "tolerate" pride parades, or are extremely shocked when they find out someone is gay who doesn't "seem" gay to them etc.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 1:54am
if i didn't want their money and penises, I wouldn't even deal with men.  they are sooooo annoying.

and based on that recent HIV thread all y'all Brothas is gay no matter what.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 2:03am

But is it really accepted if someone still expects you to marry someone who you're clearly not attracted to or to only be "accepting" of those who come across as overtly "gay" because that's easier to wrap their head around than a more masculine man who happens to be gay? IMO, in that respect, that's no different than here. Sure, in major cities for the most part people don't bother you and don't really care what you do. But you still have people with relatives who still try to fix them up with someone hetero, "tolerate" pride parades, or are extremely shocked when they find out someone is gay who doesn't "seem" gay to them etc.

I'd say it is acceptance, just in a different way.  Here, the more important matter is not necessarily if a child is gay or not.  The important thing in Japan is if a child is able to reproduce or not.

One of my friends actually said the idea of "coming out" in the US does not necessarily work for many gays in Japan.  He said that some gays don't really want to "come out."  There are many gays who are okay with just marrying someone for kids and having a boyfriend or girlfriend on the side.  There are others who do want things to be the way they are in the US. 

Stories about family members shunning gay children and violence against gays is nowhere near as high as it is in the US.  Sad to say, but a child is more likely to be shunned (in some cases) by family for marrying a foreigner, than being gay.

I don't even know if the word "tolerate" is even appropriate.  I feel it's more indifference or curiosity. 

Date Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 2:08am

I'd say it is acceptance, just in a different way.  Here, the more important matter is not necessarily if a child is gay or not.  The important thing in Japan is if a child is able to reproduce or not.

One of my friends actually said the idea of "coming out" in the US does not necessarily work for many gays in Japan.  He said that some gays don't really want to "come out."  There are many gays who are okay with just marrying someone for kids and having a boyfriend or girlfriend on the side.  There are others who do want things to be the way they are in the US. 

Stories about family members shunning gay children and violence against gays is nowhere near as high as it is in the US.  Sad to say, but a child is more likely to be shunned (in some cases) by family for marrying a foreigner, than being gay.

I don't even know if the word "tolerate" is even appropriate.
  I feel it's more indifference or curiosity. 

I would agree with the 2nd bolded statement. I guess because I have a few gay married friends (same sex marriages not DL people) who have kids (biologically related to one of the two parents) via surrogates, I don't see expecting a child to marry someone they're not attracted to for the sake of having biological offspring as accepting at all.

IMO, that treats homosexuality as a hobby or a side line rather than accepting/tolerating the person for who they really are. But I do understand what you're saying in terms of it being different than here.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 4:10am
@the video of those young boys....
disturbing from start to finish

y'all parents need to get y'all sons in order,

I wouldn't place the blame on just single mothers, but they aren't helping anything that's for sure....

too many black men these days have horrible role models. women need to choose better men to have babies with,   and men just need to do better period

disgusting

Print Page | Close Window