Forum Name: Lace Fronts
Forum Description: Discussions on Lace Fronts
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=361128
Printed Date: Jan 22 2018 at 3:06am

Topic: Random Thoughts - Lace Fronts
Posted By: chatnoir
Subject: Random Thoughts - Lace Fronts
Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 11:41am
Hi ladies - I'm not sure if we've ever started a random thoughts thread in LFs.  If there is one, it has probably been archived. LOL

I'll start off by saying that I'd like to purchase a CLY with the colors 2/4/6, or thereabouts, copying Purpleredrose's wigs from a couple of years ago.  Ordinarily I'd try my hand at the coloring myself, but due to a temporary move, I've had to coloring projects on hold.

Feel free to post anything that comes to mind!

Replies:
Posted By: starliteboo
Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 12:25pm
I am really wishing I had the confidence to rock my kinky curl lace wig. I have spent hours bleaching the knots and coloring the hair and the only place I will wear the unit is when I am in the house. Am I the only one with this problem when it comes to big hair.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 3:24pm
Starlite - go ahead and try wear it out on the weekends - you'll get used to it and will love it!  Smile

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 3:32pm
I can't wait for my custom synthetic lace fronts. I have switched to virgin. I hate wearing silky textures, but they seem to last the longest. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 3:43pm
@chatnoir thanks for the vote of confidence lol are we allowed to post pictures in this thread or just comments. 

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 5:44pm
I finally started wearing kinky textures .. Right now wearing kinky curly .. But I added some wefts from kinkycurlyaki..I wanna go kinky straight but don't know who to order from 😢

Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 5:45pm
@Chatnoir>> Oh thanks for creating thread

Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 6:00pm
I love kinky straight, but it never lasts for me. It is so purdy tho.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 6:10pm
@Starlite - post anything and everything related to LFs that comes to mind, incl pix (like the Weave section Random Thoughts thread).  We need to bring some life to this section. Smile

Posted By: VirginHair&Beauty
Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 8:38pm
To glue your closures or not ladies? What do you prefer?

Posted By: elisa
Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 8:46pm
So I order a straight coarse yaki lw, with silk top a few months ago. I thought this was going to be my weekend wearing wig, not. Been rockin this ever since the time i got it. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by thickblkbarbie thickblkbarbie wrote:

I finally started wearing kinky textures .. Right now wearing kinky curly .. But I added some wefts from kinkycurlyaki..I wanna go kinky straight but don't know who to order from 😢

Rex has some beautiful kinky straight hair. All of my kinky straight units I have purchased from him and they always feel butter soft. I have two units from him in a 4/30 color combination that I am saving for my birthday in July. But everytime I wear his units I get asked if its my real hair. He is on the expensive side but very worth it

Date Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 10:23pm
Does anyone have before and after pics of how their lace wigs use to look before BHM and after perfecting your technique. I was looking at some old FB pic and lawd I can not believe I actually wore my hair like that. It just shows how much I have learned from BHM and dare I say YT. I am far from perfect but definitely better then what I use to look like. 

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 1:26am
I've ordered from Rex. My issue is that kinky straight never lasts for me. Sh!t pisses me off! Who wants to spend $300 every 3-6 months on a new unit?

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 1:27am
I had a unit from Lydia that was my sh!t, but 3 months later... Cry Maybe it's me.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 1:35am
I'll post some app pics to get this thang popping though. 

http://s224.photobucket.com/user/robertspics1107/media/SDC10791_zps061ad57f.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s224.photobucket.com/user/robertspics1107/media/BHM2_zps468ade42.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s224.photobucket.com/user/robertspics1107/media/BHM_zpsf40cd4d1.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s224.photobucket.com/user/robertspics1107/media/BHM1_zpscc45a28d.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s224.photobucket.com/user/robertspics1107/media/SDC10851_zpsf0a152a1.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s224.photobucket.com/user/robertspics1107/media/SDC10812_zps66e280ab.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s224.photobucket.com/user/robertspics1107/media/SDC10811_zpsd4063fbe.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s224.photobucket.com/user/robertspics1107/media/bhmii_zps8c6c37db.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 1:41am
http://s224.photobucket.com/user/robertspics1107/media/bhm_zps819975b3.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I've ordered from Rex. My issue is that kinky straight never lasts for me. Sh!t pisses me off! Who wants to spend $300 every 3-6 months on a new unit?

What were your specific issues with the units you purchased from Rex?

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 8:51am
No unique issues. The hair was pretty. After 1 month of wear, it shed, after 3 months it was thinned, after 6 months, it needed repair. It didn't tangle. It just shed. Pretty hair though, and pretty lace.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 9:36am
I have had that same exact problem too, the units I purchased from him all had stretch panel in the crown. I was reading on the board that units with a stretch panel tend to shed more. Did your units from Rex have a stretch panel in the middle.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 11:38am

LL, what happens to your units?  Shedding?

Oops nvm, I see your answer to Starlite.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 11:39am

@Chatnoir>> Oh thanks for creating thread

You're welcome. Smile

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

Rex has some beautiful kinky straight hair. All of my kinky straight units I have purchased from him and they always feel butter soft. I have two units from him in a 4/30 color combination that I am saving for my birthday in July. But everytime I wear his units I get asked if its my real hair. He is on the expensive side but very worth it

Sounds beautiful!  I think I may end up going a 3/6/30 - may order the color samples from Rex just to be sure I order the right color combo.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 11:51am
Originally posted by VirginHair&Beauty VirginHair&Beauty wrote:

To glue your closures or not ladies? What do you prefer?

When I wore closures with weaves, I had them sewed in, but I think glue looks the most natural.  Sugabanana mentioned that she used a bit of Got2be glue on her closures, sounds like a great tip since it's easy to remove, as opposed to some glues.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 12:38pm

I have had that same exact problem too, the units I purchased from him all had stretch panel in the crown. I was reading on the board that units with a stretch panel tend to shed more. Did your units from Rex have a stretch panel in the middle.

Yes. They had a stretch panel. So I should order all lace for less shedding?

Posted By: pg12345
Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 2:26pm

Yes. They had a stretch panel. So I should order all lace for less shedding?

hi..I only order all lace when ordering a full lace wig for that reason Cool

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 5:08pm
Well, I wish you heffas told me sooner. I never knew this.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 5:41pm
Hey ladies how's it going. No glues at all for me. elastic methond with a drop of got2be on the lace and im good for the day. I never sleep with my wigs anyway.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Sounds beautiful!  I think I may end up going a 3/6/30 - may order the color samples from Rex just to be sure I order the right color combo.

Thanks, I haven't ordered from Rex in a year, because of shedding, I might give him a try, if he has full lace, without the stretch, but most of my units lost large amounts of hair above the nape, I am loving this Kinky Curly though, every time I think, I am going rock my Italian Yaki for the week, This Kinky Curly keeps saying no not this week, Today I rock a Fro...

Date Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 12:25am
I do not remember the last time I used glue. I snatch my wig off the minute I walk in the door. I still have glue remover and tape that I do not want but feel bad for just throwing it away. Maybe a newbie who still glues may want the tape.

Date Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 10:42am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Hey ladies how's it going. No glues at all for me. elastic methond with a drop of got2be on the lace and im good for the day. I never sleep with my wigs anyway.

One of these days, I'm gonna have to try the TM method.

Posted By: carrie
Date Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 1:20pm
I LOVE the TM Method!

Date Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 4:27am
heres a random thought..ladies that love the upart wigs please make sure there is your own hair coming out of the part-on a talk show I saw one lady with one and no hair coming out of the part..now seeing the upart may be a lot less scarier than what is underneath but if your hair is that short please purchase a lace front wig until it grows out. (my psa for the day) Cool

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 8:58am

Why haven't you tried this method yet. I started out with glue but could never get it to look correct. I always has this shiny halo around my hair line, the glue even when I used adhesive remover would damage my hairline. And it would take forever to remove the glue from the lace

Date Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:19am
Originally posted by pg12345 pg12345 wrote:

heres a random thought..ladies that love the upart wigs please make sure there is your own hair coming out of the part-on a talk show I saw one lady with one and no hair coming out of the part..now seeing the upart may be a lot less scarier than what is underneath but if your hair is that short please purchase a lace front wig until it grows out. (my psa for the day) Cool

Lawd - I wonder if she was in a rush and forgot to pull some of her hair out to cover the part?

Date Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:28am

Why haven't you tried this method yet. I started out with glue but could never get it to look correct. I always has this shiny halo around my hair line, the glue even when I used adhesive remover would damage my hairline. And it would take forever to remove the glue from the lace

Starlite, I've been procrastinating, no excuse. LOL  I need to try it out on a beater and experiment on how taut I can make the band w/o ripping the lace and causing me a headache.  

I use Ghostbond, and when I first started using it, it would be a major pita for me to remove from my skin.  When the new formula came out, it became way easier for me to remove from my skin, prob because I switched from using Ponds Coldcream to help remove to Unisolve adhesive remover and baking soda paste.  I use Ghostbuster remover to remove the glue from the lace (also super easy, just use a paper towel or microfiber cloth to wipe off).  For the back of the unit, I use blue liner tape, and it's very easy to remove with alcohol.  I use the bandage wrap most apps, and apply the GB directly in front of my hairline, and have had no problems (knock on wood).

The main reason I really want to use the TM method is so that I can oil my scalp more often in between my weekly apps.

Date Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by pg12345 pg12345 wrote:

Lawd - I wonder if she was in a rush and forgot to pull some of her hair out to cover the part?

unfortunately no..the part was very clean with a big gapping u at the top..the hair was pretty though Ouch

Date Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 7:24pm
Pictures please ^^^^ LOL

Date Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 1:07pm
I've just purchased my first Ozone wig, the Cara in "Elegance."  I expected more prominent highlights, but that's cool - the wig looks to be one of the best constructed synthies I've purchased.  

Date Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 9:26pm

@ChatNoir where did you purchase your Ozone unit from? I know LHB has a lot of them on their site but they can be expensive too. I have purchase Ozone units in the past I love their soft lace

Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 3:15pm
@Starlite - got mine from LHB - may try GoBunnys next.   The lace is perfect, one of the few lace colors that practically disappeared into my skin.  Smile

Date Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 6:03pm
WHY am I looking at new hair. I don't NEED any....

Date Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 1:03pm
yes go bunny is a cheaper site for Ozone wigs.

Date Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

WHY am I looking at new hair. I don't NEED any....

Don't worry I feel the same way but there is nothing that inspires me right now. Not sure if I want to go curly or straight.

Date Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 12:07pm
Okay ladies  been in the lab coloring some hair for my upcoming birthday. I posted a separate thread with a ink to some pictures. Thought I would post in here too. Any questions on the process let me know and I will do my best to help. Lol I am totally feeing myself right now. Because this is my first time dying an entire wig as opposed to the ombre effect and I really don't think I will ever buy a colored unit from a vendor again.

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/starliteboo/library/Dyed%20Virgin%20Hair%20Red" rel="nofollow - http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/starliteboo/library/Dyed%20Virgin%20Hair%20Red

Posted By: karkar28
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:51pm

@ChatNoir where did you purchase your Ozone unit from? I know LHB has a lot of them on their site but they can be expensive too. I have purchase Ozone units in the past I love their soft lace

Agree with the soft lace...the best lace I've ever had on a synthetic wig.....I bought Raquel 008 from ozone in moonstone and absolutely loved it!! Need to buy another one but $80 for a synthetic wig (I live in canada and shipping is kray lol) kills me. Gonna have to try that other site mentioned.

Posted By: sighiz
Date Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 5:41am
I am so glad I am reading this thread... this would explain why my unit with the stretch panel looks like it has female pattern baldness
Currently ventilating the unit so I can wear it again, straight hair drives me bananas...

Date Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 6:24am
Any one rocking some curly hair. I need some inspiration before summer ends

Date Posted: Jul 12 2013 at 3:17pm

Okay ladies  been in the lab coloring some hair for my upcoming birthday. I posted a separate thread with a ink to some pictures. Thought I would post in here too. Any questions on the process let me know and I will do my best to help. Lol I am totally feeing myself right now. Because this is my first time dying an entire wig as opposed to the ombre effect and I really don't think I will ever buy a colored unit from a vendor again.

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/starliteboo/library/Dyed%20Virgin%20Hair%20Red" rel="nofollow - http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/starliteboo/library/Dyed%20Virgin%20Hair%20Red
Gorgeous! GREAT idea with the got to be on the lace. Gonna have to remember that.

Posted By: kitkatkitty
Date Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 11:46am

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/starliteboo/library/Dyed%20Virgin%20Hair%20Red - http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/starliteboo/library/Dyed%20Virgin%20Hair%20Red
That looks great! And so healthy. I feel the same way about no longer buying colored units from vendors. it always seems to turn out better when I do it myself.

Posted By: bg
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 11:13am
Already thinking about fall hair LOL

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 8:27pm

I've just purchased my first Ozone wig, the Cara in "Elegance."  I expected more prominent highlights, but that's cool - the wig looks to be one of the best constructed synthies I've purchased.  

I also purchased my first Ozone...I have Raquel/008. I had to cut her too long.

I like her--- the only reason why I did buy this wig is to make my primary units last longer

its my night wig ONLY...my KS is too hot...meH
however, I have only had it for about a week.

Date Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by bg bg wrote:

Already thinking about fall hair LOL

me too...

I think I might try a LY or CY this year...

Posted By: _belle
Date Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 1:27am
I dont know why the hell vendors dont keep more large (and small for that matter) units in stock. . . you can get a 22.5 circ unit ANYWHERE. . . its the large and smalls that are hard to come by. So if you had a large quantity of those in stock, you would have great advantage in that market. smh. Its just good business sense, or maybe its just me. All sellers are using the lame 7 Chinese vendors, so you need to come up with something that makes your company stick out. Its just not a difficult concept. have more than one silky straight and one 8 inch water wave in stock. lol. I swear I need to open a store of my own. . . but I couldnt possibly deal with janky ass buyers [/rant] lol

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 4:55am
I think it's because the number of large and small heads in the world is so small ... that it's not worth their time and money. Disapprove I am pretty sure of this.
They are trying produce and turn over these unit as fast as possible so the average head is their focus.
Remember - this is China .. not America so they are not thinking the same.

You need to order custom units which take longer to produce but then you have what you need. It's not that much more expensive really .. so you need to mange your time so that you never 'run out of hair'. Smile

Posted By: Lwhite1960
Date Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by keish2004 keish2004 wrote:

Hi Ladies,

For all my wig lovers, check out this new hair fashion product Attach N Wrap. Attach N Wrap product line specializes in hair extensions scarves. Attach N Wrap combines detachable hair extensions and stylish scarves to create a stylish & quick hairstyle.

This innovative hair fashion concept is revolutionizing the hair fashion game! Check out the online store www.attachnwrap.com

Girl please! I am not feeling that look at all!

If I want to go to work looking like I should be a field, I damn sure won't need to spend 19.99-39.99 to do so! SMDH!
 Just buy some ad space and have a damn seat!

Date Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

Hi Ladies,

For all my wig lovers, check out this new hair fashion product Attach N Wrap. Attach N Wrap product line specializes in hair extensions scarves. Attach N Wrap combines detachable hair extensions and stylish scarves to create a stylish & quick hairstyle.

This innovative hair fashion concept is revolutionizing the hair fashion game! Check out the online store www.attachnwrap.com

If I want to go to work looking like I should be a field, I damn sure won't need to spend 19.99-39.99 to do so! SMDH!

LOL LOL LOL  I have to agree.  I'm sorry, but that look ain't happenin'. Maybe for a quick late night run to the store, perhaps?

Date Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 11:44am
I am rocking the ish out my Frankenstein unit today! The front is from my favorite coarse yaki ("Brazilian") FLW and the back is from an old Holly coarse yaki (Indian) unit. This should hold me for a while before I need to purchase a new one.

Posted By: stephaniestylezz
Date Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 12:40pm
you should wear it out you never know how you will feel until you try it summer so its the perfect time to spice things up . check out my channel i give tips, reviews and tricks for rocking lace fronts.
www.youtube.com/user/StephanieSTYLEZZ

Date Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 6:23pm

I am rocking the ish out my Frankenstein unit today! The front is from my favorite coarse yaki ("Brazilian") FLW and the back is from an old Holly coarse yaki (Indian) unit. This should hold me for a while before I need to purchase a new one.

Carrie, what technique did you use to Frankenstein you wig?  Details please! Smile

Date Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 6:37pm

Carrie, what technique did you use to Frankenstein you wig?  Details please! Smile

No real technique. Sewed using simple hand stitches. Cut the pieces did a rough fit on my head and did a loose basting stitch to hold together, then back stitching once I was satisfied with the fit. I'd never let anyone see the inside of this bad boy, but it'll hold me until my new unit gets here next week and I have time to tweak that for wearing.

Date Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 4:59pm
what type of hair do you ladies use for your curly units. I am leaning toward Malaysian.

Date Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 5:55pm

what type of hair do you ladies use for your curly units. I am leaning toward Malaysian.
I LOVED the Peruvian one I had.

Date Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 1:37pm
I really like the Peruvian that I have, and I like Malaysian for a close 2nd, or high quality Indian hair (if can find it LOL).

Date Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 5:49pm

Help....
I love the lace on my Ozone wig... is this what they call
super fine swiss lace chat?

I did seal the knots ... however she is still shedding...
I never had a shedding issue before
Thanks Chat...

PS.... Also had to put powder on her due to shine etc.
some tangling --I used softer..

All, in all, I think I would like a CY or a LY FLW...

Date Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 7:17pm
is it shedding from the lace part or the wefts? Try sealing the wefts in the back as well.

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 11:05am

is it shedding from the lace part or the wefts? Try sealing the wefts in the back as well.

^^^ thanks…
It sheds all over… meh…
I did seal the knots ALL OVER with GTBG spray and applied clear nail polish on the tracks / wefts.
Do you think that is tooo much…? Meh

However, I would like to know what lace they are using on the Ozone wigs….for my next order for a FLW. I wonder If Chat knows?

Date Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 11:47am
I had one Ozone and I agree I really like the lace but LORDY did that ish shed. Of course I only sealed the knots not the wefts... shm

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 11:44am
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

Help....

Thanks Chat...

Hi Mommykat, sorry, just saw your post.  I didn't hit BHM again until the 4th and that's when I became mesmerized by the latest Jace thread. LOL

To answer your questions - 

- the lace is Swiss lace (a nice quality Swiss for a synthie!).  It isn't super fine, super fine can be rather fragile, but i have yet to try it (will splurge one of these days to use on the perimeter of a silk top wig).

- My Ozone also sheds, but I don't wear it often enough to bother sealing.  You said that you sealed the knots, did you mean to say that you sealed the wefts?

- re: shine, which color did you buy?  My wig was a bit shiny, but didn't have a doll shine imho.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 9:38pm
Just started wearing some kinky curly hair and I wanted to know how often should I wash the unit. I am into the messy big hair look but I dont want it to be out of control

Posted By: gloryx7
Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

Help....

Thanks Chat...

Hi Mommykat, sorry, just saw your post.  I didn't hit BHM again until the 4th and that's when I became mesmerized by the latest Jace thread. LOL

- the lace is Swiss lace (a nice quality Swiss for a synthie!).  It isn't super fine, super fine can be rather fragile, but i have yet to try it (will splurge one of these days to use on the perimeter of a silk top wig).

- My Ozone also sheds, but I don't wear it often enough to bother sealing.  You said that you sealed the knots, did you mean to say that you sealed the wefts?

- re: shine, which color did you buy?  My wig was a bit shiny, but didn't have a doll shine imho.

I think I mention this before, misswigs.com sells the Ozone ~ but its called Misso wigs on their site. They are located here in Dallas, and I went to see and it's the same. Also he informed me the manufactor is here in Dallas and that's where he get it. They sell theirs for less than 45.00. Which was a bargin for me, I've paid upwards of 70.00 for one before. The lace just melts in your skin.

Chat did you say you had a Peruvian Lace unit or just wefts? If so how did you like it? Was it a slightly coarse texture or otherwise?

Date Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

Hi Ladies,

This is tooo funny L.....

Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 4:18pm

Hey, Chat… thanks for the PM last week.
I know that you have been very busy with work and all.
Thanks for your help… I going to order two Full lace wigs from the same vender that I always use. However, I love to test the waters with other venders from time to time.

I never had a LF before, just human hair FLW’s. I did have fun with her-- she was only $50 something and I will keep her as a get up and go wig.
I will be ordering a Chinese Light Yaki and Chinese Coarse Yaki next week for fall and holidays.

My son is starting preschool soon and I think the two wigs noted above can work this year.
Being a mommy on the go and all... soccer, swim class, baseball, and play dates etc.

Go Dodgers…

Much Love, MK

Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 8:17pm
hmmm... I wonder if a CLY is silky...?

Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 10:36pm
Yes..nowadays you have to ask for Coarse Yaki just to get and keep (after any process)even home coloring ~ a less silkier texture.

Posted By: elisa
Date Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by gloryx7 gloryx7 wrote:

Yes..nowadays you have to ask for Coarse Yaki just to get and keep (after any process)even home coloring ~ a less silkier texture.

That's my new found love; coarse yaki! I like this better than kinky straight yaki.  Smile

Date Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 5:08pm
New Synthie I purchased from AliExpress arrived yesterday. I CANNOT wait to wear it!

Date Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 4:32pm

New Synthie I purchased from AliExpress arrived yesterday. I CANNOT wait to wear it!

Pretty!  Pls let us know how the curls/waves hold up!

Posted By: brieSFCA
Date Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 11:47am

That's pretty!!😍

Did you use 'sexy beach' method to dye the unit?..

And I concur with not buying a colored unit from a vendor because I've been quoted $150 fo a dye job, smh , too much IMO

Posted By: brieSFCA
Date Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by brieSFCA brieSFCA wrote:

That's pretty!!😍

Did you use 'sexy beach' method to dye the unit?..

And I concur with not buying a colored unit from a vendor because I've been quoted $150 fo a dye job, smh , too much IMO

Nvmd! I jus seen the topic you posted with all the details and YT videos..

Great job, looks good!

Date Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 1:49pm
having one of those "I hate my f**king hair - real and fake" days Angry

Posted By: runtothesun90
Date Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 2:01pm
I have a lot of thoughts, today. I've never posted in this thread before, as far i can remember

i just used sally hansen to fake dye my lace cuz i accidentally tinted it blue... why doesn't anyone acknowledge that it does that as well as bleaching the knots. it's a perfect thing to use when u stupidly try to dye your lace with tea the same day you dyed the hair on the unit blue and you proceed to stick the whole unit in the boiling hot tea because you figure, "maybe it'll give the blue colors a more natural feel". I am clearly too high to be doing this lol. Anyway, pics coming soon. We need more people on here with colorful hair showing their lace fronts and giving tips because this ish is hard... and lakiastar's video on it was just useless, i literally learned nothing.

Posted By: KittenWhip
Date Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 11:55am
Why does it seem that every time my vendor has a sale, I have limited funds?  

Date Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 7:02am
Just posted an update to a wig I dyed reddish burgundy. Let m know what you think 

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 9:30am
I am thinking of experimenting with colors from the Manic Panic line. Has anyone ever use these colors on their hair? 

Posted By: I<3Suomi
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 8:44pm
I have used them a lot on my blonde units, I've come to find if I add a little to my conditioner it helps maintain my colors integrity longer in between dye jobs :)

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 7:31am
Did you bleach your units to a blonde color first or did you purchase it as a blonde...thanks for responding

Posted By: kukupops
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 6:01pm
Hi 
This is a random post not really related to the tread sorry. I just wanted to put it out tere about a chinese Aliexpress vendor that scammed me. Beautypluswigs or Beauty plus wigs is a a scam. The wig was really thin. Anna Xu said I could send it back to be altered because it was supposed to be 130% density. That was 2 months ago. No wig, no refund. AAAAAAAAH very annoyed and don't really know what I can do to sort it out. She kept saying next week, next week and I didn't even complain on the feedback so the store still has above average feedback. disaster!!!!!!!

Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 6:06am
Did you file a complaint with PayPal

Posted By: I<3Suomi
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 4:55pm
@starliteboo I always purchase them already bleached, and work with them from there, everytime I've bleached on my own they don't get blonde enough and I'd just hate myself if I over processed a brand new unit, and sometimes when you have patches that bleach at different speeds....ugh lol

Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 2:08pm
It's like my current wig knows it's about to be replaced this weekend. New unit arrives and suddenly the old one is acting right and looking good....

Date Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 2:41pm
couldn't wait til the weekend. Rocking my new unit today. Went with a different texture. Virgin "Brazilian" colored it black myself with Garnier Fructise foaming hair color. Big thanks to Starlieboo - I used the tip about covering the cap with Got 2 Be to keep from dying it.

Date Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 3:52pm
I've been on an enforced, involuntary lace wig fast.  I'm very much looking forward to coming off of it!

Date Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 1:46am
I need a new wig...

Date Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 10:42am

couldn't wait til the weekend. Rocking my new unit today. Went with a different texture. Virgin "Brazilian" colored it black myself with Garnier Fructise foaming hair color. Big thanks to Starlieboo - I used the tip about covering the cap with Got 2 Be to keep from dying it.

You are welcome missy Wink

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 3:04pm
do you guys know if I can dye my silktop parting area to make the scalp look more my color?

Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 4:36pm
Don't go selling your current wig before your new one arrives... Ordered a new one and the vendor shipped it EMS as oppose to UPS and I've been wearing God only knows what on my head. Wacko

Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 8:01pm
when you wear the wig behind your hairline please match the part up..with hd it is VERY visible..thx
you can use the same pencil to lighten your natural part as well or a darker pencil if the hair is sparce in your natural part..Cool

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

do you guys know if I can dye my silktop parting area to make the scalp look more my color?

Yes, although you'd prob want to dye the entire silk area.  Quickly dip in a Rit color mixture of your choice.  Test color on white paper towel before you dip.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:19am
I wish this section was still busy, now the weave section got yall leftover deranged poster. Lort give me the strenf.

Print Page | Close Window