Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=360925
Printed Date: Jun 18 2018 at 3:00pm

Topic: What kind of weave for Jamaica?
Posted By: *SkolarStar*
Subject: What kind of weave for Jamaica?
Date Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 11:54pm
My sister's wedding is at the end of this month. I don't know how I should do my hair. 

Since I'm natural I'm wondering if I should get a kinky curly to make blending with the humidity easier. But because of the humidity it might swell. 

I'm wondering if I could pull off something long (18-20" that's long on me because I have a short torso Embarrassed) and wavy as long as I use a closure. But it might be too hot for all of that hair.

I'm wondering if I should do a ks or iy and then I won't have to worry about a closure. I could just have a leave-out. 

I really don't know what I should do. Ouch Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I feel like my options are limited since I'm natural and my hair isn't that long.

Replies:
Posted By: babycakebabe
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 2:49am
Take a KS wig and a KC wig. KS for the wedding, KC for the swimming, activities, etc.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 2:50am
Actually, it will be extremely hot. Put in KS clip ins. That is what I would do. That way you can make sure that your scalp is not soggy after swimming.

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 3:32pm
kc for blending all around leave out to pull into high pony.  no body got time for clip ins on vacay..............well i know i didnt i took them thangs out after one day of wear. 

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 3:32pm
your sister wasnt on say yest to the dress was she?? lol

Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

kc for blending all around leave out to pull into high pony.  no body got time for clip ins on vacay..............well i know i didnt i took them thangs out after one day of wear. 
lol i wore them on vaca to hawaii b4 and they worked out good. easy to wash the ocean salt out of the clip ins & the real hair.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 4:52pm
@510QUEEN No she wasn't. LOL But, I definitely thought she was going to be on some show. She's quite entertaining. 

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 5:37pm
Girl braid that hair up in a bee hive and get a deep wave or natural wave sew in with a closure. You could also get a nice wig or make one. That kinky curly hair is a nightmare of heat blowing on your neck in the summer time. 

Nice 20 inches and longer. Ain't nobody got time for tending to leave out while on vacation. I'm picturing you in that hair style that concubine has in the Naomi thread. Her hair is DELISH!!!

Posted By: darlinnic
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 7:12pm
Something that matches your natural hair texture leaveout

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 7:26pm
Girlllllll Jamaica is extra hot in the summer....so bare that in mind. I mean everywhere sweating. You could full head weave with closure something in the wavy or curly family.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:13pm
Girl im telling you the one time I tried to leave my leaveout with a u-part wig in las vegasPinchDead lets just say NO MA'AM.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:51pm
LOLLOL
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Girl im telling you the one time I tried to leave my leaveout with a u-part wig in las vegasPinchDead lets just say NO MA'AM.

Posted By: Fr3shnFlyy
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:09pm
this is why I am not going to get my hair done before I go to Jamaica within the next week. I already know it is going to be hot like no other and my leave out will not act right! I'll probably wear a wig. My sister is getting her hair done and I'm like "you can keep that" lol LOLLOL

Posted By: Qfab4in
Date Posted: Jun 06 2013 at 11:08am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Girl braid that hair up in a bee hive and get a deep wave or natural wave sew in with a closure. You could also get a nice wig or make one. That kinky curly hair is a nightmare of heat blowing on your neck in the summer time. 

Nice 20 inches and longer. Ain't nobody got time for tending to leave out while on vacation. I'm picturing you in that hair style that concubine has in the Naomi thread. Her hair is DELISH!!!

u just saved me!!! here i am thinking i should get some kc to keep a leave out...shoot, i'm getting my closure as planned.  this board is a life wallet saver!!!

Date Posted: Jun 06 2013 at 8:46pm
Lawdhammercy! Why is hair so difficult? I went from looking for closures to looking for KC and now back to looking for a closure. I should have gone with my first instinct with the long and wavy. Now it's just a matter of who to buy it from. Pinch

Maybe I'll also get some KC for later in the summer.

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 5:20pm
It's been really hot here for the last couple days. I agree with the KS and KC recommendation

Date Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 7:51am
Update: I ordered some qhp in M2M a couple of days ago. I just ordered a closure from Queen Weave on aliexpress. I would have bought the closure from qhp also, but the in stock density is 130%. Queen weave is 90-100% and thats easier to tweak. I reeeeeeally hope this works out. I'll update when I get the hair installed. 

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 12:11am
I am having this issue also.  I am going down to JA next week and I still don't know which hair to put in I want something that will still look decent after it gets wet.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 7:52am
get something light like a body wave. I think curly hair may be too much with the heat

Posted By: weavecraze
Date Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:21am
like other people stated I think leave out is not good because you will have to tend to it after every activity do something with a closure or full head weave. if you head sweat only you would no because the weave still will look decent but if you leave your hair out the weave is going to be straight after swimming and your hair is going to be kinky and wild and that's not what you want.SmileSmile

Posted By: chimeysteven
Date Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 12:34am
Your best bet is to get wet & wavy or curly hair...

Print Page | Close Window