Print Page | Close Window

How we met Stories

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=360809
Printed Date: Jan 22 2018 at 6:57pm

Topic: How we met Stories
Posted By: eanaj5
Subject: How we met Stories
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 9:51pm
Post stories of when, where and how you met your spouse/ current SO/ fck buddies! Embarrassed

Ion wanna hear about no exes so the celibate single folks can stfu and lurk! Sleepy

Replies:
Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 9:53pm
He was a friend of my ex

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 9:53pm
In high school. We had english class together.

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 9:54pm
so yall just gonna give me skeletons huh? Disapprove Where's the beef?

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I was going to buy a dutch

he was there

he approach me

the end

cant wait for you to tell the little Lenoirs this story.. lol

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 9:58pm
ummmmm we knew of each other b/c of  a mutual friend.

but it was ultimately my  job that led us to getting close.

boringgggggggggg

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 9:59pm
lol. thats no fun.

i know the creepy story of how my parents met.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:00pm
Makes me smile to think about.  No great story but but wow....11.27.02...... my sister was still here and we decided to go out because it was about to be Thanksgiving and the rest of the family went to San Diego to be with our brothers.  

We were singing and clowning and having fun.  My song that I requested came on and he was the tallest in the building so I pulled him on the dance floor.  We danced.  He called me later.  We talked until the sun came up.  Got married 17 months later.  Now knee deep in real life working, parenting, budgeting, making it work and it's still good.  I mean like we just broke our second bed in four years good Wink

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:07pm
match.com

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:08pm
thats cute thatgurlHeart

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:09pm
My mom and dad met at a New Year's Eve party.  My dad hat a pack of cigarettes in his shirt pocket.  My mom saw them and went to ask for one.  He says he knew from the moment he saw her they would get married.  She says she doesn't know why he started sweating profusely and stuttering LOL  They got married March 10, less than 3 1/2 months later.  Been together 38 years.

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:11pm
My ass don't even have a f*ck buddy..smh

*lurk mode*

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:11pm
we met at the office. We ignored the 'never date a coworker' rule. We dated, got married quickly and just kept it a secret at the office lol.

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:13pm
^^^^  that's hilarious!!  Sounds like a fun kinky mess....pretending all day at work and then going home.  Did you ride in separate cars?  That's like role play every day!

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:16pm
very cliche ... at the mall 

I got caught in the rain downtown, my hair, my makeup, my suit, total mess, so I was trying to make it through the mall without anyone seeing me ... he tried to approach me a few times which I thought was ridiculous but I finally gave him my number after I heard what he had to say

we talked on the phone for about a week, had a date, been together ever since

we commuted together for a while except for Fridays.  The parking garage was 2 blocks away though. We'd hold hands all the way to the building and release as we approached the outdoor steps lol. Then we did sep,. cars for a few years.

It wasn't a big secret, we just didn't tell people. The company owners were at our wedding.

One lady found out and said 'I knew yall were married but just not to each other.' LOL

Posted By: Lonisha87
At school through a mutual aquaintance

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:18pm
we met at a party when i was 18. we talked for a little bit and it was nice, but i went off w/ a different guy b/c his breath stank and i wasnt having it and i thought he looked funny but i was drunk so i didn't really know. 

he showed up at my door the next day w/ my purse and i thought he was kind and looked handsome when i was sober. he asked me out, i said yes, and we've been together ever since...this july it will be 8 years

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:19pm
I dated a co worker? That ain't ratchet enough for ya? Ask bhm LOL

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:20pm

so I have the only ratchet story?

Naw I got one but yall finna judge me Ouch

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:26pm
lol not that extreme but  BHM never forgets

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:28pm
We met at the training for a promo we did years ago for Cingular wireless (yes that long ago) & a new phone they were launching during Christmas '04. It was like a 2way type device. So all it did was text, IM & email. I was having issues with my device and he was sitting behind me. He helped me figure out how to make mine work & we exchanged info. 6 mos later we kept in touch & started dating. Got engaged last Summer. Getting married next April. :)

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:29pm
Lmaooo

One:i met through facebook.... We were having a heated
Argument on my sisters status over who was better haitians or Jamaicans. He inboxed me, i told him to take me to see harry potter... 2years later it's the best sex i could ever have

Two: at the west indian day parade/jouvert i shoved my number down his pants 5 years later we are on and off

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:29pm
Clap

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

My ass don't even have a f*ck buddy..smh

*lurk mode*

true love can start out that way

LOL not for me..I get played

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

^^^^  that's hilarious!!  Sounds like a fun kinky mess....pretending all day at work and then going home.  Did you ride in separate cars?  That's like role play every day!

I missed this part earlier. That's an interesting take on it. Never thought about it that way before . People did used to say that we'd get bored with each other living and working together. I didn't understand because working together while being secretely married  seemed to add  more excitement to the relationship (probably the secret part). I even had more fun picking out my clothes for the week when he was working thereEmbarrassed. So I think you're right about the role play thing. 
 After he left.....

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I missed this part earlier. That's an interesting take on it. Never thought about it that way before . People did used to say that we'd get bored with each other living and working together. I didn't understand because working together while being secretely married  seemed to add  more excitement to the relationship (probably the secret part). I even had more fun picking out my clothes for the week when he was working thereEmbarrassed. So I think you're right about the role play thing. 
 After he left.....

do you still work together?

did you ever tell ppl about it at work?

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:51pm
yes we still sort of work together but not for that company.

people would find out that we were married. But because of the type of company it was, there were a lot of new employees each year. The 'real employees' knew. Whenever new people would get hired, they  wouldn't know we were married for a while; sometimes never.

One year we walked into the Holiday Party together and [I was told] a woman who I had worked with in the past said "oh they came together?" and another coworker told her "Why wouldn't they come together, they've been married for 5 years!"  She approached me later that night all loud: "I didn't know yall were married!!!" lol

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:54pm
Awwww where is that little white kid, with the cap, that plops his hands on his cheeks while having an "awwww" moment gif...somebody post that for me, please Embarrassed

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 10:58pm
I was in a relationship......left him......got with my soulmate......

It was actually trifling tbh bc he wanted to marry meConfused..

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:02pm

Makes me smile to think about.  No great story but but wow....11.27.02...... my sister was still here and we decided to go out because it was about to be Thanksgiving and the rest of the family went to San Diego to be with our brothers.  

We were singing and clowning and having fun.  My song that I requested came on and he was the tallest in the building so I pulled him on the dance floor.  We danced.  He called me later.  We talked until the sun came up.  Got married 17 months later.  Now knee deep in real life working, parenting, budgeting, making it work and it's still good.  I mean like we just broke our second bed in four years good Wink

I love this...

@red Hug

Posted By: missdeeluxe
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:03pm
We met through a mutual friend a few years ago but lost touch when he moved back home to AL.
Reconnected and have been together ever since.

This is my first LDR but we make it work and it's actually been the easiest relationship I've ever had.
Had to up my plan to unlimited minutes though because we talk so damn much LOLHeart

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:04pm
can I tell the story of how my sis and her husband met and got engaged before they even laid eyes on each other? (pre-skype--or anything tech--era) lol

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:09pm

can I tell the story of how my sis and her husband met and got engaged before they even laid eyes on each other? (pre-skype--or anything tech--era) lol

yes!

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:14pm
Yes!Tell us! Embarrassed

And no one's gonna post the gif for me tho? Stern SmileDisapproveErmm

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:17pm
in high school...he went to prom with my friend lol

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:17pm
It's probably not that special or anything, but I always think it's so romantic how they fell in love thru letters and over the phone and pictures.

my nephew (he's about the same age as me and my sis)  knew the guy from his church and thought he'd be good for my sis. My sis was living in NC and the guy and nephew were in DC. Sis was introduced to the guy  over the phone and they began writing letters back n forth and exchanged pictures. Letter writing continued for 8 months or so. He proposed in a letter and she said yes.  She made a trip to DC to meet him and accept the ring. They had a huge lavish wedding a year later and just celebrated their 25th anniversary this weekend.

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:19pm

It's probably not that special or anything, but I always think it's so romantic how they fell in love thru letters and over the phone and pictures.

my nephew (he's about the same age as me and my sis)  knew the guy from his church and thought he'd be good for my sis. My sis was living in NC and the guy and nephew were in DC. Sis was introduced to the guy  over the phone and they began writing letters back n forth and exchanged pictures. Letter writing continued for 8 months or so. He proposed in a letter and she said yes.  She made a trip to DC to meet him and accept the ring. They had a huge lavish wedding a year later and just celebrated their 25th anniversary this weekend.

CryCryClapHeartHeart

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

That's why I kept mine short & sweet.Evil Smile

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:21pm
Heart

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

now you tell me
*deletes*

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:32pm
the innanets

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:35pm
The guy who I want to be my boyfriend, we met at a wedding last weekend. 

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

Yes!Tell us! Embarrassed

i have been trying for 10min but bhm keeps eating my posts Angry

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Yes!Tell us! Embarrassed

i have been trying for 10min but bhm keeps eating my posts Angry

Angry @ Bhm ruining a good deed Angry

And thank you!! EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:42pm
When I was coming out of Target about 4 months ago. He approached me in the parking lot. We move in and get married this month.

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

I was going to buy a dutch

he was there

he approach me

the end

cant wait for you to tell the little Lenoirs this story.. lol

they will never know Confused

LOL I always wondered what (if anything) parents told their kids about how they met when there was some drama involved. Like I know a couple that met as neighbors, began an affair and ended up walking out on their spouses (no notes left on the table or anything) and running away together. I wonder what they tell their daughter when they tell the 'how we met' story.LOL

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:45pm
Since I don't have a story of my own, I'll share my parents'. Mom was trying to get her study on. Dad was like "who's that fine jive turkey over there, I GOT to talk to her". Dad walks over and interrupts her study and talks that good game. Got mom's number, 30 years later..living happily ever after.

I could be off on the years though...somewhere between 28-30 years. Would have to call them to confirm, but well...it's late. LOL

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by aNgElIc*SoUl aNgElIc*SoUl wrote:

When I was coming out of Target about 4 months ago. He approached me in the parking lot. We move in and get married this month.

Serious post? Shocked

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:53pm

Serious post? Shocked

Umm, yes

Posted By: MissCapricorn
Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:53pm
Preggo?

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 11:58pm

Serious post? Shocked

Umm, yes

Well in that case, soooo many questionsGeekLOL, but I'll ask at a later point since bhm never forgets LOL

Anywho, kudos to your love EmbarrassedHeart. Why so soon though?

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:00am
Originally posted by MissCapricorn MissCapricorn wrote:

Preggo?

Nope, I'm a virgin.

Posted By: reesegurl11
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:02am
I met my SO off a stupid phone chat line we have been together for 10yrs now.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:03am

now you tell me
*deletes*
lol see I don't think any of the stories here are that ratchet. Mine is so I ain't postin' it in here.LOL

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:04am

Serious post? Shocked

Umm, yes

Well in that case, soooo many questionsGeekLOL, but I'll ask at a later point since bhm never forgets LOL

Anywho, kudos to your love EmbarrassedHeart. Why so soon though?

Thanks!
Everybody keeps asking me why so soon, I say why not. What about all these folks who just fukk and have kids for years amd still can't define their relationship. I've never been about that ho life.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:05am

lol see I don't think any of the stories here are that ratchet. Mine is so I ain't postin' it in here.LOL

is it more ratchet than leaving w/out a note? Of course that's not MY story LOL

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:08am

is it more ratchet than leaving w/out a note? Of course that's not MY story LOL
*goes back to read* lol Well, that just sounds scandalous! Shocked

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:09am

Thanks!
Everybody keeps asking me why so soon, I say why not. What about all these folks who just fukk and have kids for years amd still can't define their relationship. I've never been about that ho life.

I had a fam member do the same..well kinda LOL They got engaged 4 months in, and married about 6 months later. Sometimes when it's right, it's right *shrug*

I think I'll pm you later, I have a question that is killing me softly LOLOuch

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:10am
CC stop playing and spill it! Angry

PleaseEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:20am

Thanks!

I had a fam member do the same..well kinda LOL They got engaged 4 months in, and married about 6 months later. Sometimes when it's right, it's right *shrug*

I think I'll pm you later, I have a question that is killing me softly LOLOuch

What's the question? I have a million things running through my mind

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:24am

[/QUOTE]

I sent you a message LOL

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:24am
I was trying on my d├ębutante dress at home. My childhood friend (our parents were childhood bffs) dropped by unannounced since he was in the neighborhood. I threw on a terry cloth sweat suit (Juicy Couture phase ) and ran to meet him outside. He had his boy with him in his car. I said hello to this stranger, stranger nodded then starred out the car window as I carried on my quick catch up convo with friend. They left. I get a call later from my friend saying that I left his friend speechless and he want to give me his number. I told my friend no b/c he should have spoke up himself.

Two weeks later, I'm in a car accident with my mom. My friend comes to visit me at hospital and by the time I got home from the hospital the stranger had left me a voicemail expressing his concerned and well wishes. I called back. We dated senior year of H.S. and off and on after I went away to college. We reconnected when i moved back home. So here we are years later and hopefully happily ever after

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:26am
Awww!Heart

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:29am

Preggo?

Nope, I'm a virgin.

Congrats BTW...so why the ouch face?

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:30am
So many typos *kanye shrugs*

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 12:35am

Preggo?

Nope, I'm a virgin.

Congrats BTW...so why the ouch face?

Thanks. Because I was slightly offended .

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 1:03am
Met the last dude at work. 

he handed me a 10 dollar bill and his phone number on a napkin.Sleepy

i texted him thanking him for lunch money. he proceeded to text back with a slew of vulgar messages. I proceeded to ignore his disrespectful ass. 

i don't think this post fits the theme of this thread. but this is my measly contribution LOL

still happy, still single

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 1:20am
IRC #hiphop

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 1:23am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

He was a friend of my ex

I want you to write a book.........

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 1:27am
He saw me in a tank top and the rest was history.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 6:57am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

Met the last dude at work. 

he handed me a 10 dollar bill and his phone number on a napkin.Sleepy

i texted him thanking him for lunch money. he proceeded to text back with a slew of vulgar messages. I proceeded to ignore his disrespectful ass. 

i don't think this post fits the theme of this thread. but this is my measly contribution LOL

still happy, still single

lmao, i read this waiting for the relationship to happen and got to the end like ConfusedLOL

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:25am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

He saw me in a tank top and the rest was history.

Heart

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 8:02am
We met at a bar. I was drunk (as I normally was at the time) and he told me to slow down. He told the bartender to stop giving me drinks and to call me a cab. The bartender told him to fvck off and gave me another drink. Took a swig then tried to fight my future husband.

It's not a good story.

ETA: I started seeing him all the time after that, and each time he had some old man lecture for me.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 8:04am

How beautiful!!!!!

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 8:12am
He worked at an art gallery with my friend.  They needed help serving wine at an art opening and I was a broke grad student who figured I could get some free wine and crackers and cheese. He asked me out and I turned him down for about a year ( I wasn't trying to join team swirl), I agreed to one date and lo and behold....

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 9:14am
i took one of my exes from under her boyfriend's nose

she was living with her bf and shared a flat with my best friend

their families knew each other,

first day i met her she walked into the kitchen and the prettiest face and most perfect lips with big eyes stared back at me, i thought damn she's cute

she couldnt cook for sh*t so i finished making her meal for her and it became her running joke. told her i wasnt going to ask for her number coz id be back to see her and the rest was history

her boyfriend never knew what hit him, by the time he figured it out it was too late.

i mean, me and my bestie were asses though jeez, one saturday i went to pick her up with my bestie and we left her bf in the flat punching walls,

i never gave not even half a , swooped that girl off her feet right in front of with a coke and a colgate smile.

he was an ass and i thought she could do better

she did

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 9:33am
We are in the same class. He kept annoying me for a full semester until I said yes. j/k lol But we were always together and people kept referring to me as "so and so's" girlfriend before we started dating.

I seriously did not think we would date especially since another girl in our class liked him and I thought they were going to go out eventually. Needless to say that girl hates my ass even though I did nothing wrong since he pursued me but whatever.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

We met at a bar. I was drunk (as I normally was at the time) and he told me to slow down. He told the bartender to stop giving me drinks and to call me a cab. The bartender told him to fvck off and gave me another drink. Took a swig then tried to fight my future husband.

It's not a good story.

ETA: I started seeing him all the time after that, and each time he had some old man lecture for me.

call me crazy, but Heart

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 3:59pm
Wal-mart @ 1 a.m.
His cousin tried to holla at my mama AND my sister
I guess he got stuck with me Embarrassed  I only went on a date with him because I was in a new city and bored out of my mind but I'm glad I did it.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 4:01pm
Kinda trifling, but oh well. ..

I was in a long distance relationship with another guy and we were having problems. I decided to go out with my girls to clear my mind and got wasted. I spotted my current boyfriend and even tho he wasn't my type, we kept eyeing each other all night.

He finally approached and asked for my number, and my drunk ass gave it to him. When he called the next day, I told him not to call anymore cuz I had a boyfriend. He did the whole "we can just be friends" thing. We talked a little but I felt guilty, so I ended the convo and called my then boyfriend.

We got into yet another argument, so outta anger I agreed to hang out with the club cutie. We met at the lake and had amazing chemistry and convo. I knew I liked him, but I was TRYING to be faithful for once in my life. For months, I still kept sneaking and hanging out with him tho. I would tell Mr. Long Distance I was with my girls, but really go chill with club cutie. We would literally just talk, watch movies, and vibe. No funny biz...

Then I slipped and we did sleep together. I felt guilty so I started avoiding him. I wouldn't answer his calls or textsand had my roommates tell him I was never home when he popped up. He finally ended up leaving me a voicemail saying he was sick of my games and back and forth, and to "go be with that ni g g a".

When me and Mr. Long Distance broke up a few weeks later, I reached out but he NEVER returned my calls or texts. I figured he got tired of my back and forth and moved on with his life.

Last March, I'm in that same club and I see him. I was scared to say something but he came over. Turns out he moved back to his home state and had literally just moved back where we live that day.

His first day back after 2 years of being gone, and we literally run into each other the same night. Neither of us even wanted to go out that might, but friends dragged us out.

We decided it had to be fate and have been attached at the hip ever since.

I'm breaking up with him this week tho .

Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 4:07pm
During my clinical hours as a CNA, he was my preceptor for a day. I was having major problems with my my on/off boyfriend at the time. Anyway, he was really sweet and nice, but it was like we started off as friends. When my boyfriend and I broke it off again, I decided to go out with this guy to the movies and dinner and we just clicked. We would be on the phone for hours. Then, a week later, I went over to his house for basically a booty call ( I have never done that before Embarrassed. He didn't even want me to come, saying he was concerned about my car that was having problems) He swept me off my feet and we've been together for almost 3 years now, my longest and most stable relationship ever. 

They say the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 4:10pm
Some of y'all are some triflin' ass O's.Ermm

But I really like how it worked out for everyone.Heart

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 4:33pm
do you start counting your relationship from the day you met or when you made it official?

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

do you start counting your relationship from the day you met or when you made it official?
its not official till yo say it

just saying

teamnocofusion

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 4:57pm
I never had BF **cough**  I could never get out of the flirtationship. Next time I will LOL

8th grade:  My guy friend saw me from afar and was like "DAMN! Who is that?"  His friend Tyrone was like "WTF, that's Jess"  My friend said "Damn, she's hot!"  I was wearing these tight shorts...they were long though, but since I'm tall I had extra leg showage.  He asked me out and called me.  He asked me how long would he have to wait to have sex.  I said over a year. The next day my friend called me and said he got a new gf.  I wasn't surprised or sad.

Sophomore year:  A new guy transferred to my school.  I didn't find him attractive initially.  Then I did...so I found him on MySpace and added him.  I gave him my AIM and we would talk like everyday for HOURS on AIM. SMDH.  This went on for 5 months.  I gave him a carnation on Valentine's Day. He brought this girl named Christine to the classroom the day before. He changed his relationship status to "In A Relationship".  I was thrown.  Now that I am older, I am not surprised.  I was his backup girl. LOL
He didn't get me a carnation and gave his carnation to Christine.  I was jilted. He wanted to stay friends, but I cut him off and burned the bridge.  He's not with Christine anymore.

Sophomore Year of College:
I liked a guy, but I was too forward.  He wasn't into me.  I was delusional and thought he was just shy.  He wasn't and he got with a girl he actually liked.

Junior Year of College:
This guy would talk to me all the time before class. I thought he was just being nice.  While the semester is winding up, he asks me to be a part of his study group.  Well the day comes and the study group is just us.  We talked, but there wasn't any chemistry.  He said we should hangout over the summer.  I texted him the day school ended and he responded late and didn't reply to my other text. I didn't hear from him in like 4 days.  So I texted him again -____-  and he asked me out the same day...but I just took out my weave so I said I couldn't. 

Didn't hear from him in a week (You would think that I would learn the signs)  I asked him how was he and he asked me out to the beach.  The day we were suppose to go to the beach, he said he got called into work and rescheduled for the weekend.  I asked him which day and he didn't respond.  

He texted me later in the week and asked me hows my summer going.  I told him if this beach thing doesn't happen, it's okay.  He gave a response that didn't make sense and he never set a date.  I never went to the beach and I stopped texting him.  I deleted his number.  >.<
Again I was the backup girl. This shyt is getting real old.

Senior Year:
To be continued...in September

Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 6:13pm

i just kinda count the whole month bc i dont remember the date of when we met or the date we made it official.

Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

I never had BF **cough**  I could never get out of the flirtationship. Next time I will LOL

8th grade:  My guy friend saw me from afar and was like "DAMN! Who is that?"  His friend Tyrone was like "WTF, that's Jess"  My friend said "Damn, she's hot!"  I was wearing these tight shorts...they were long though, but since I'm tall I had extra leg showage.  He asked me out and called me.  He asked me how long would he have to wait to have sex.  I said over a year. The next day my friend called me and said he got a new gf.  I wasn't surprised or sad.

Ouch

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Ouch

Eighth grade though!

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 6:20pm
I can't imagine the 12 y/os I know now having sex.  No ma'am. 
Still a virgin though.  I'm not waiting until marriage, but need to get out of these flirtationships and into a committed monogamous relationship.  The guys I've met so far in college either want dem draws or already in relationships spanning 2+ years. 

Posted By: TOUSHA11
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 6:42pm
We met on Blackpeople meet .com every time I see that commercial I giggle it's been 8 months hoping for more

Posted By: AffirmativeBunny
Date Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 9:12pm
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=jAd_ApwqjIHirM&tbnid=_joohPn_UIN-wM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fknowyourmeme.com%2Fmemes%2Fforever-alone&ei=hvurUbKvL47JkwX-7YGABA&bvm=bv.47244034,d.dGI&psig=AFQjCNHyIU_Bh3HYM_Jw8mIFbIRQuIxsTQ&ust=1370311936393879" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 9:16am
I saw him on my block one day and I was like "LAWD he's fione" lol. But I figured he was married, I wasn't his type, he just got out of jail, and such...

Everytime I see him I would get super nervous and walk on the opposite of the streetStern Smile

I used to stare at him from outside my window and wonder why he was outside, sitting on the steps and ain't talking to nobody...

One day on my way to work I see him outside and I walk past and he finally spoke. But then I never saw him againDisapprove

4 months later, I was on my way to school and I saw him again and he said *coconut accent* "Woman where have you been hiding, I've been tinkin bout you for 4 months?
I used to wait outside by the steps for you, but you never came out. And then everytime I see you you would walk on the other side of the street"LOLDead

The following week we started riding the train together to go to work and we've been inseparable since...

Date Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 2:15pm

1st date/1st night spent together (they're the same). We actually celebrate that day in a bigger way than our wedding anniversary because to us that's the day our life together began.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I saw him on my block one day and I was like "LAWD he's fione" lol. But I figured he was married, I wasn't his type, he just got out of jail, and such...

Everytime I see him I would get super nervous and walk on the opposite of the streetStern Smile

I used to stare at him from outside my window and wonder why he was outside, sitting on the steps and ain't talking to nobody...

One day on my way to work I see him outside and I walk past and he finally spoke. But then I never saw him againDisapprove

4 months later, I was on my way to school and I saw him again and he said *coconut accent* "Woman where have you been hiding, I've been tinkin bout you for 4 months?
I used to wait outside by the steps for you, but you never came out. And then everytime I see you you would walk on the other side of the street"LOLDead

The following week we started riding the train together to go to work and we've been inseparable since...

cute story!!!!!!!

Date Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by AffirmativeBunny AffirmativeBunny wrote:

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=jAd_ApwqjIHirM&tbnid=_joohPn_UIN-wM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fknowyourmeme.com%2Fmemes%2Fforever-alone&ei=hvurUbKvL47JkwX-7YGABA&bvm=bv.47244034,d.dGI&psig=AFQjCNHyIU_Bh3HYM_Jw8mIFbIRQuIxsTQ&ust=1370311936393879" rel="nofollow">

forever alone?

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 3:00pm
We have a mutual friend that over my house because I just moved to the area. He handed me his phone to talk him while he used the bathroom. 

We've been long distance for while. 

He's moving here in 24 days to be with me. I get so emotional when I think about the fact he leaving behind his friends, family, his network..basically everything to give our relationship a real shot.  

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 7:18am
I was clerking for a judge, and he was in the court fighting a ticket. He said, "You don't look like someone on trial. Why are you here?" I rolled my eyes and said, "I work here." Then he said, "I'm sorry. I was just trying to make conversation." So we talked, and he asked me out. He took me to dinner that night, and we've been together ever since.

Print Page | Close Window