Print Page | Close Window

Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto Bus Tours

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=360368
Printed Date: Jun 20 2018 at 3:16am

Topic: Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto Bus Tours
Posted By: carolina cutie
Subject: Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto Bus Tours
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 2:17am

Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours

http://newsone.com/date/2013/05/20/" rel="nofollow -
By http://newsone.com/author/ionerlogan/" rel="nofollow - Ruth Manuel-Logan

SORRY SIGHT: Lynn Battaglia, a guide for Real Bronx Tours, points out sights on East 148th Street.
Angel Chevrestt
SORRY SIGHT: Lynn Battaglia, a guide for Real Bronx Tours, points out sights on East 148th Street.

Foreigners, who are looking to witness from a safe distance, what a “real ghetto” looks like are paying $45 a pop to take a bus tour through the Bronx, and borough politicos are up in arms, according to the http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/ghetto_gawking_ffMgfDAaCD76GXNYDrth" rel="nofollow - New York Post .

Real Bronx Tours are taking mainly White Europeans and Australians on a tour of the Bronx with stops at for photo ops at a food-pantry line, “pickpocket” park, and housing projects.

According to an unnamed patron on the tour, one of the guides, Lynn Battaglia (pictured), from Pittsburgh, poked fun at impoverished areas, describing the South Bronx, in particular, as a crime-ridden borough infested with poverty and violence, which has plagued the area since the 1970s.

At one point during the tour, Battaglia allegedly told the tourists in front of pantry line, “I don’t know what that line’s about, but every Wednesday we see it,” Battaglia told the tourists. “We see them go in with empty carts, and we see them come out with carts full.”

The bus then reportedly stopped in front of St. Mary’s Park, where she reportedly told the foreigners, “If it were 1980, and you said to me, ‘Lynn, I want to die.’ My answer would be, ‘You’re in the right neighborhood,’” suggesting that the park is unsafe.

As the tour continued, Battaglia allegedly also blamed the borough for coming up with the term “pig” to describe police, “The policeman, his name is Patty, and he would walk up and down that street, and if he ran into an alcoholic, he’d beat them mercilessly. So they’d call him ‘Patty the Pig,’” she said.Ermm

“Pig” actually originated in London in 1811!

Borough President Ruben Diaz is incensed about the tour and referred to its guide as “the biggest fool on the planet.” Diaz added, “They should tell people about the Bronx that we all know, and that’s the Bronx that’s had the lowest crime rate since 1963 last year.”  Diaz contends, “To have foreigners come and gawk at a long line of people who are less fortunate than they are and to make money off of that and to view them as though they are some sort of entertainment is pretty disgusting.”

Meanwhile, Real Bronx Tours failed to provide a comment to the New York Post when contacted.

As an added note, I am from the Bronx and not only has crime gone down, but the borough has been significantly redeveloped since the ’80s. The Bronx is the birthplace of hip-hop, one of the centers of African-American culture, home to the legendary baseball team the Yankees, and has one of the world’s largest metropolitan zoos. 

The borough’s yesteryear image of being a lunar wasteland was perpetuated by those who are myopic and pessimistic. And today, the Bronx stands as a shining renaissance!

http://newsone.com/2465709/real-bronx-tours/" rel="nofollow - http://newsone.com/2465709/real-bronx-tours/

I wonder if they throw peanuts at the Bronx residents?Sleepy

Replies:
Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 2:24am
they should leave her fat ash there for an hour.Sleepy

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 2:28am
^Girl! I need a tour bus to go tour her home and point out what good old fashioned american racism looks like in the doughy pink flesh. Ol bish.Ermm

I'm dying at the Black man's side eye in the background though.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 2:46am
Worldwide, white people view people of color as spectacles to be wondered at or delights to be used and or consumed.

What else is new?

Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:46am

White people paying to go to the Ghetto? SMH, if this isn't something to wake up and realize your potential, than what can wake you up. Black people should have never given white people an education.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:53am
Smh, I'm gonna need someone to shoot up that bus

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:57am
Why are white ppl so fascinated by us? This is crazy. Next you'll hear about blacks and Puerto Ricans selling themselves to german ladies for gifts. And i would not be mad

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:58am
I wanna go on a Wire tourDisapprove

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 7:36am
tf?

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 8:03am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Why are white ppl so fascinated by us? This is crazy. Next you'll hear about blacks and Puerto Ricans selling themselves to german ladies for gifts. And i would not be mad
They've always been fascinated by us..

Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 8:07am
Children are always fascinated by their parents.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 8:25am
O f*ck no!

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 9:08am
Is it wrong for me to hope someone gets shot?  Not killed or anything but grazed?

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Worldwide, white people view people of color as spectacles to be wondered at or delights to be used and or consumed.

What else is new?
This post remind me of this movie. I saw a 15 min clip of it in class and it pretty much ruined my daySleepy

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 9:15am
Gotdamn fat ass bytch. And she's talking about criminals when she probably had Vitto and Paulie in her family tree spraying bullets on folks mafia style and saturating the streets with crack in her 70's park. Fucc that lasagna eatin bish

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 9:16am
Oh and I heard they touring the Favelas in Brazil now smh... 

Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 9:47am
When blacks take back the world, it will go right back as it was suppose to be technology and nature living as one. Blacks = Targaryans(Will Rise back up) and Whites = Lannisters(Will self destruct)

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 9:57am
Did you really use GoT as an example? LOL

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Gotdamn fat ass bytch. And she's talking about criminals when she probably had Vitto and Paulie in her family tree spraying bullets on folks mafia style and saturating the streets with crack in her 70's park. Fucc that lasagna eatin bish
LmaoLOL

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 10:15am
This dumb bish.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 11:53am
Hey if ppl are that stupid to pay to tour a ghetto, I'm not even mad...

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 12:03pm
They were doing this in Cali as well...and its just as dumb as when folks go visit the slums during their tropical vacas...like wtf ...These are ppls lives it should be embarrassing for any American "one of the greastest,riches" countries in the world to show how a great deal of its citizens are living many of which are minorities.

ETA: Instead of the politicians getting angry about the tour...change shh!t that would end the tour asap.

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 12:38pm
F*ck that b*tch...

BX all day...

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 12:53pm
$10 out of each ticket cost should go to the community

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Smh, I'm gonna need someone to shoot up that bus

Sad that I thought the same thing. They better hope some real goons don't decide to rob they asses. Talk about real experience. smdh.

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 1:03pm
I hope they get a flat during their next ride-through...

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 1:05pm
They probably ate ethnic food at the end of the tour. Dead

This isn't nothing new, they used to tour Watts and South Central out here in CA.

Posted By: binky622
Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I wanna go on a Wire tourDisapprove

doloreshase:    Thanks you,GG  FOREVER IN MY HEART

Print Page | Close Window