Print Page | Close Window

Weekly Food Consumption Around the World

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=360133
Printed Date: Dec 09 2018 at 1:18pm

Topic: Weekly Food Consumption Around the World
Posted By: tatee
Subject: Weekly Food Consumption Around the World
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:41am

Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

May 14, 2013 http://inspirationfeed.com/photography/weekly-food-consumption-around-the-world-by-peter-menzel/#respond" rel="nofollow -

You are what you eat. This famous phrase comes to us from Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, from an essay titled Concerning Spiritualism and Materialism. Now don’t take it literally, but think about it symbolically. It simply means that the food one eats has a bearing on one’s state of mind and health. Our food consumption has a huge effect on our prosperity, and dictates our well being.

Have you ever pondered about the food consumption around the world? While I’m writing this, according to U.S. Census Bureau, we have over 7,084,999,000 people on Earth. Just take a moment and let that sink in. Think about how many mouths that is to feed. Think about all the daily meals and snacks being consumed as you read this. These kind of curious thoughts are always floating inside creative minds.

In order to better understand the human diet, photographer  http://www.menzelphoto.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984074422/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=inspiratio0b1-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=0984074422&adid=1G21NXZ57EYVRP2BFNE7" rel="nofollow - http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984074422/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=inspiratio0b1-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=0984074422&adid=1G21NXZ57EYVRP2BFNE7" rel="nofollow -

Bhutan

Food expenditure for one week: 224.93 ngultrum or $5.03

what the world eats by peter menzel bhutan Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Canada

what the world eats by peter menzel canada Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Chad

Food expenditure for one week: 685 CFA Francs or $1.23

what the world eats by peter menzel chad Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

China

Food expenditure for one week: 1,233.76 Yuan or $155.06

what the world eats by peter menzel china Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Ecuador

Food expenditure for one week: $31.55

what the world eats by peter menzel ecuador Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

France

what the world eats by peter menzel france Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Germany

what the world eats by peter menzel germany Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Great Britain

Food expenditure for one week: 155.54 British Pounds or $253.15

what the world eats by peter menzel great britain Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Guatemala

what the world eats by peter menzel guatemala Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

India

what the world eats by peter menzel india Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Italy

Food expenditure for one week: 214.36 Euros or $260.11

what the world eats by peter menzel italy Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Japan

Food expenditure for one week: 37,699 Yen or $317.25

what the world eats by peter menzel japan Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Kuwait

Food expenditure for one week: 63.63 dinar or $221.45

what the world eats by peter menzel kuwait Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Mali

what the world eats by peter menzel mali Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Mexico

Food expenditure for one week: 1,862.78 Mexican Pesos or $189.09

what the world eats by peter menzel mexico Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Mongolia

Food expenditure for one week: 41,985.85 togrogs or $40.02

what the world eats by peter menzel mongolia Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Poland

Food expenditure for one week: 582.48 Zlotys or $151.27

what the world eats by peter menzel poland Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Turkey

what the world eats by peter menzel turkey Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

USA

Food expenditure for one week: $341.98

what the world eats by peter menzel usa Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

http://inspirationfeed.com/photography/weekly-food-consumption-around-the-world-by-peter-menzel/#" rel="nofollow - http://inspirationfeed.com/photography/weekly-food-consumption-around-the-world-by-peter-menzel/#

Replies:
Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:43am
I knew America was about to be the worst one   Pinch

Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:45am
lol at those black ppl representing USA...doesn't rep my family at all...

Posted By: .hott.pink.
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:52am
Did you notice all the fast food in the USA picture?  Smh. $341.98 

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:52am
What kind of meat they eating there in Australia.

what the world eats by peter menzel australia Weekly Food Consumption Around the World by Peter Menzel

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

I agree

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:56am
They're exaggerating. Cause we dont eat like that in this house ...  Confused

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:58am
Yikes. There's hardly any fresh veggies in that last photo.

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:01am
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

right

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:08am
Foolishness. There is like one grape in that whole damn picture. Swerve.

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:09am
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

Foolishness. There is like one grape in that whole damn picture. Swerve.

Wow

I see what they did there    Sleepy

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:11am
Wow.  I'm glad I don't eat like that.  The hell is the fresh food?

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:12am
US looks right to me but I'll take that Italian food

Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:14am

The US looks about right, those who don't eat like that are in the minority. The average american food looks like fast food and process food.

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

US looks right to me but I'll take that Italian food

Most people might not be as organic and anti-Monsanto as I am, but I don't think I know anyone in my circle that eats THAT badly.  Wow.

Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:15am
I think they are taking the average eating habits. Ya'll know they are forever saying Americans slack on the veggies. Diabetes has exploded. They even changed the names of the diseases. It used to be that type II was Adult onset. No longer, I see so many children that develop diabetes and are also very overweight here in TX. Ugg, I know it also has to do with how they meddle with the food. 

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:18am
1. I don't eat nearly enough vegetables

2. Was that arbour mist in the USA photo smh...and they had to through in fried chkn and biscuits too

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:22am
I wish they would have used a white family cuz the big picture is most certainly being missed

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:25am
Originally posted by loveandpeace1984 loveandpeace1984 wrote:

The US looks about right, those who don't eat like that are in the minority. The average american food looks like fast food and process food.

And this is a complete tragedy. No wonder so many of us are obese or overweight. smdh.

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:25am
I weep for those peoples' bodies.Cry

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:26am
germans drink lots of beverages

Posted By: Maple Syrup
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:31am
Interesting. Looks like the American family doesn't cook and eat out a lot.

The Canadian family consumes a lot of dairy, 3 bags of milk a week? wtf?.

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

germans drink lots of beverages beer

Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:36am

And this is a complete tragedy. No wonder so many of us are obese or overweight. smdh.

Most families don't eat nowhere near the amount of fruits and veggies in their diet in the US. I have to eat more fruits and vegetables. I eat a lot of veggies, but I need more fruit. We eat waaaay too much meat. We are basically meat eaters and grain eaters.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:46am
*Looks into Turkish diets*

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:54am

Most families don't eat nowhere near the amount of fruits and veggies in their diet in the US. I have to eat more fruits and vegetables. I eat a lot of veggies, but I need more fruit. We eat waaaay too much meat processed food. We are basically meat eaters and processed grain eaters.

fixed

Posted By: Chantal34
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 12:44pm
Corn Flakes is a worldwide staple apparently.

Posted By: Marmonette
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:36pm
As I sit here and drink my green smoothie, I want to be offended by the American photo.

But I know it is true Ouch

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:48pm
Chad & mali.Ouch

$341 a week in America? Almost $18,000 a year in groceries? Really?Geek

Posted By: csungrl09
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Chad & mali.Ouch

...on processed food too!

can someone tell me why it cost more to buy fresh food versus buying food that had to be grown, harvested, processed by machines and packaged?

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

I knew America was about to be the worst one   Pinch

LOLLOLLOL i was scrolling down, just waiting.

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:01pm
csungrl09 I'm still trying to figure that out. Especially since I live right next to the vegetables, fruits and meat farms in Texas and Mexico!!!! I spend $200 a week on groceries.

Posted By: Guidette
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:03pm
Every time I see this like every year, they always put america with junk food.Bullsh*t 

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Guidette Guidette wrote:

Every time I see this like every year, they always put america with junk food.Bullsh*t 

that's what americans eat though.  

people who stick to ethnic diets do better.

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

Chad & mali.Ouch

can someone tell me why it cost more to buy fresh food versus buying food that had to be grown, harvested, processed by machines and packaged?

i honestly spend about the same as when i used to  buy processed food

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Not all of us 

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

Chad & mali.Ouch

The processed food is usually injected with steroids allowing plants and animals to grow bigger.
They are able to produce more at a cheaper cost and therefore sell it a lot cheaper. They also understand that organic food is competition so if they cost around the same that most people would buy organic and their business would decrease.

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:07pm
The African one makes me feel Gluttonous...

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:11pm
damn. i just think about what most of us spend on lunch for the day, families have to live off for a month.  some of us are truly blessed. 

and this is exactly why no one in the US should go hungry. its a shame that people do, as much food is wasted.

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:11pm

Not all of us 

it's an average though 

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 8:21pm
300 dollars will actually last my family of eight more than 2 weeks. And we don't eat none of that junk food.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 10:13pm
Crazy thing is, just because have more money to spend doesn't mean that we have better quality options to spend it on... especially poor and Black folks. We stay living in "food deserts"

I can't wait to get my own place. When I do, I'm gonna grow my own garden in my backyard

Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

damn. i just think about what most of us spend on lunch for the day, families have to live off for a month.  some of us are truly blessed. 

and this is exactly why no one in the US should go hungry. its a shame that people do, as much food is wasted.

Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Crazy thing is, just because have more money to spend doesn't mean that we have better quality options to spend it on... especially poor and Black folks. We stay living in "food deserts"

I can't wait to get my own place. When I do, I'm gonna grow my own garden in my backyard

No one in the world should go hungry...the earth provides more than enough food for everyone...But im sure you know why people in 3rd world countries are starved

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 10:51pm

[/QUOTE]

Let me tell you from experience, that is a full time job. 
My broccoli flowered, my tomatoes are burning up, my peppers are sad looking, no, I'll just spend the money and buy the veggies.  But I hate the gmo foods, they are poison! 

And jeeze, how does Mali feed 20/11 people on that?  I mean thats  really sad, and that family looks all happy and healthy.Confused

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 12:23am
I hated the way they was smiling over that pizza. Unhappy

Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

I hated the way they was smiling over that pizza. Unhappy

that pizza looks hella good!  don't lie!

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 12:28am
seriously i want a pizza right now....but i won't....i've made the decision to cook at least 5 days out of the week from scratch. I spend less money and my body feels so much better after cutting out the processed junk. 

Some of those places look like they have really tasty meals. 

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

Let me tell you from experience, that is a full time job. 
My broccoli flowered, my tomatoes are burning up, my peppers are sad looking, no, I'll just spend the money and buy the veggies.  But I hate the gmo foods, they are poison! 

And jeeze, how does Mali feed 20/11 people on that?  I mean thats  really sad, and that family looks all happy and healthy.Confused
[/QUOTE]

Money probably can buy more items over there.

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 12:43am
I wanted the one with the plantains. I'm hungry. 

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 1:11am
No, no, no not in my house.....

But seriously??? They should've used a white or hispanic family seeing as we're inly 11% of the population tuh.. The one time they're ok with blacks being the face of america.

And i wish they would have put up a carib country

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 2:06am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

But seriously??? They should've used a white or hispanic family seeing as we're inly 11% of the population tuh.. The one time they're ok with blacks being the face of america.

yall tripping, it's not that darn serious, and I'm semi-conspiracy theorist thinking that white people want to show blacks in a bad light, but this is definitely not one of those times.

Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 2:28am
All that in 7 days?? That looks more like a month's worth of food. SMH at them using a black family with a lot of junk food to reperesent the typical US family. Isn't this country predominately white?

Let me stop, I don't feel like getting into racial crap tonight

Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 2:44am

United States: The Caven family of California

Food expenditure for one week: $159.18
Favorite foods: beef stew, berry yogurt sundae, clam chowder, ice cream

Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 2:46am

United States: The Fernandezes of Texas

Food expenditure for one week: $242.48
Favorite Foods: Shrimp with Alfredo sauce, chicken mole, barbecue ribs, pizza

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 2:52am
They should make another one showing how much food everyone wastes.

Posted By: livi123
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 3:02am
Why does Germany have so much beer and wineLOL

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 8:33am
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

300 dollars will actually last my family of eight more than 2 weeks. And we don't eat none of that junk food.

Please elaborate. I'll be moving out on my own in the fall and I want to save every dollar I have.

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

No one in the world should go hungry...the earth provides more than enough food for everyone...But im sure you know why people in 3rd world countries are starved

this is true.  its not a matter of having enough food, its just a matter of connecting folks to those resources. its a damn shame. 

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 8:37am
Now this really motivated me to go organic, I've been wanting too, just don't know where to start.

Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 9:05am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Not all of us 

it's an average though 

Yep

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 9:18am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

They should make another one showing how much food everyone wastes.
This.
During market week we had ordered a lot of food for breakfast and lunch and I was about to strangle my interns for throwing a fresh pitcher of untouched orange juice, fruits and pastriesAngry

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: May 17 2013 at 8:30am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

yall tripping, it's not that darn serious, and I'm semi-conspiracy theorist thinking that white people want to show blacks in a bad light, but this is definitely not one of those times.

Lol,could have been worse,  at least it wasnt gubment cheese and cereal. 

Posted By: Merin
Date Posted: May 17 2013 at 11:09am
I have a lot of those Turkish items in my house.

Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: May 17 2013 at 2:02pm
Jesus. $1200/month in groceries

Print Page | Close Window