Print Page | Close Window

Oprahs Life Class - Fatherless Sons

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=359839
Printed Date: Jan 16 2018 at 11:43pm


Topic: Oprahs Life Class - Fatherless Sons
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Subject: Oprahs Life Class - Fatherless Sons
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:26pm
Anybody watching?



Replies:
Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:44pm
Watching.. Making my husband watch... It doesn't affect me too much b/c I'm not a man, but it's hard to see how much these men are hurt.


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:47pm
I'll have to catch the rerun.

I wish shows would also focus on the men who abandon their children.


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:47pm
Yea, it's so sad seeing all these Grown men with raw pain and tears in their eyes


Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:49pm
Hopefully that's part II(abandoning the children)


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:55pm
^Hopefully. It might help deter some future bums.Dead


Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:03pm
Q: Why do men leave their kids?
 
A: The reason he walked away is b/c he wasn't the man he wanted to be for them.  He wasn't worthy to be in their life. Confused


Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:09pm
get em iyanla! Angry


Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:12pm
hopefully he will re-watch this later and get it


Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:16pm
Ain't watching, have a father.


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:16pm
She had one man who spoke on it

They goin' in on him a lil

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I'll have to catch the rerun.

I wish shows would also focus on the men who abandon their children.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I'll have to catch the rerun.

I wish shows would also focus on the men who abandon their children.


Me too...they never have to answer for themselves.


Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:24pm
He kinda was the scapegoat for all of the fathers who abandoned their children.. The exercise she tried to make him do would've made anyone cry.. but he wasn't budging.. I really don't feel like he feels guilty.. He feels justified in his abandonment..(I meant he felt justified in abandoning his kids),


Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:40pm
It's Oprah she gonna throw in the fire and he has to give an answer for all men who have done this.


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

Q: Why do men leave their kids?
 
A: The reason he walked away is b/c he wasn't the man he wanted to be for them.  He wasn't worthy to be in their life. Confused
Right?Confused

Generally speaking, I just don't think they wanted the responsibility of being a father.

Alias and everyone else thanks for letting me know they had on at least one bum father. I am watching now.


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:59pm
I like the gray haired Black man at the end. He offered to model good male parenting so they can pass it on to their children.

Next week is single moms raising single sons. Uh , there needs to be a part 2 of fatherless sons alongside that episode.


Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

Q: Why do men leave their kids?
 
A: The reason he walked away is b/c he wasn't the man he wanted to be for them.  He wasn't worthy to be in their life. Confused
Right?Confused

Generally speaking, I just don't think they wanted the responsibility of being a father.


 
THANK YOU. Handshake


Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 10:16pm
wow. I hope this show solves something and not just throws Black men under the bus Again..... they should do the same show for women... this issue effects not only men but women too~  I would be watching if I had tv


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 12:13am
naturesgift

nearly half of the audience members were White men

Sometimes Iyanala really annoys me with her extraness. She tries too hard to make people cry and when it doesn't work she pretends as if she accomplished what she set out for (i can almost hear the person in her ear telling her they have 5 secs left before commercial break lol)


Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 12:32am
I think a lot of men walk away, because they can.


Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:03am
Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

Q: Why do men leave their kids?
 
A: The reason he walked away is b/c he wasn't the man he wanted to be for them.  He wasn't worthy to be in their life. Confused
Right?Confused

Generally speaking, I just don't think they wanted the responsibility of being a father.
THANK YOU. Handshake
i concur.
 
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I think a lot of men walk away, because they can.
agree. it's EASY for them. further, society and we as a race MAKE it easy.
 
i don't see people browbeating dudes to take care of their kids NEARLY as much as they would the mother, women stay not placing financial responsibilty on their child's father, men's mothers will throw on the cape and give a 1,001 diffrent reasons why their son doesn't have to do anything (the REAL hilarity here is when the woman defending her son was a single mom TOO) and we, as women/a race, have (on a level) come to expect/accept/normalize ourselves as single parents. we're not bothering to raise our standards as race and demand that our sons, brothers, daughters, sisters, etc do better.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:14am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

wow. I hope this show solves something and not just throws Black men under the bus Again..... they should do the same show for women... this issue effects not only men but women too~  I would be watching if I had tv

i don't think it's possible for black women to throw men under the bus.  they willingly step right in front of it.


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 2:30pm
I see this page is full of truths.


Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 2:42pm
Did ya'll Iyanla's show on Saturday where the mother admitted she didn't know who fathered BOTH her daughters? 

And then when on to say that she didn't know her father either.


Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Did ya'll Iyanla's show on Saturday where the mother admitted she didn't know who fathered BOTH her daughters? 

And then when on to say that she didn't know her father either.
 
Ether.


Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

Q: Why do men leave their kids?
 
A: The reason he walked away is b/c he wasn't the man he wanted to be for them.  He wasn't worthy to be in their life. Confused
Right?Confused

Generally speaking, I just don't think they wanted the responsibility of being a father.
THANK YOU. Handshake
i concur.
 
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I think a lot of men walk away, because they can.
agree. it's EASY for them. further, society and we as a race MAKE it easy.
 
i don't see people browbeating dudes to take care of their kids NEARLY as much as they would the mother, women stay not placing financial responsibilty on their child's father, men's mothers will throw on the cape and give a 1,001 diffrent reasons why their son doesn't have to do anything (the REAL hilarity here is when the woman defending her son was a single mom TOO) and we, as women/a race, have (on a level) come to expect/accept/normalize ourselves as single parents. we're not bothering to raise our standards as race and demand that our sons, brothers, daughters, sisters, etc do better.


truth


Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

Q: Why do men leave their kids?
 
A: The reason he walked away is b/c he wasn't the man he wanted to be for them.  He wasn't worthy to be in their life. Confused


Romanticized Bullshyt.


Posted By: Carmensworld
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 9:19pm
Um is this on demand or when are the reruns...I cant stand loser men that abandon their kids!


Posted By: MzCaliky
Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 5:12am
Anybody have a link to watch the whole thing?


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 8:05pm
Anybody watching? It's gonna be so sad Cry


Posted By: Omni Harmony
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:12pm
So is nobody going to say anything about the women who create these situations?


Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by loveandpeace1984 loveandpeace1984 wrote:

Ain't watching, have a father.



Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Omni Harmony Omni Harmony wrote:

So is nobody going to say anything about the women who create these situations?

because shining the spotlight on single mothers is why deadbeat fathers continue to get away with it.
a mother making the wrong choice in a partner does not negate the fact that the man needs to be a father, period.  how many deadbeat fathers were once around and just dipped off at age 5 or 6 or after the divorce?


Posted By: yellalady08
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:25pm
Any reason you give for just walking out of your child's life is crap. I understand not being financially stable and not wanting to see your child go without. But the ramifications of your absence is far worse. You just leave the mother to handle it alone. Sorry.

I really feel for the married women who go through this as well. Married dude, had kids,things go sour with the relationship and pops just ups and leaves. I would not expect that from a man I married. A one night stand maybe, but a husband!


Posted By: yellalady08
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

[QUOTE=Omni Harmony]So is nobody going to say anything about the women who create these situations?

because shining the spotlight on single mothers is why deadbeat fathers continue to get away with it.
a mother making the wrong choice in a partner does not negate the fact that the man needs to be a father, period.  how many deadbeat fathers were once around and just dipped off at age 5 or 6 or after the divorce?

Umm huh...exactly . sometimes you marry the wrong person for all the right reasons. Kids can put strain on a marrige but the kids didn't ask to be here. Why punish them because yall can't get along.


Posted By: Omni Harmony
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by yellalady08 yellalady08 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

[QUOTE=Omni Harmony]So is nobody going to say anything about the women who create these situations?

because shining the spotlight on single mothers is why deadbeat fathers continue to get away with it.
a mother making the wrong choice in a partner does not negate the fact that the man needs to be a father, period.  how many deadbeat fathers were once around and just dipped off at age 5 or 6 or after the divorce?

Umm huh...exactly . sometimes you marry the wrong person for all the right reasons. Kids can put strain on a marrige but the kids didn't ask to be here. Why punish them because yall can't get along.
I didn't say anything about the kids.  I said the mothers who create it.  If a man says he's not ready to be a dad or doesn't want to be with you, can you be surprised when he is absent later down the line?  Then everybody wants to cry to Iyanla.   Those that were created in mutual loving relationships are different.


Posted By: yellalady08
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 10:11pm
Oh then yeah that is different but it is also up to him to protect himself.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 10:14pm
just like you say the female shouldn't be surprised...i've never understood ppl who have unprotected sex saying they don't want kids...myself included, if it happens i'm going in with the understanding of every consequence.  stop acting surprised.  


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 10:37pm
*sucks teef*


Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 11:35pm
Someone wrote the followig on LSA about Scottie Pipen abandoning his daughter

"He didn't want her. Period. He walked away from a child he didn't want. It;s hard for many of us to fathom abandoning our own flesh and blood. But it happens.

That's ugly,sad and cruel,but it is what it is. That's why he hasn't had a relationship with her or even tried to establish one. He never wanted her in the first place. I bet you anything he begged her mama to get an abortion and she refused. Yes,he should have strapped up and all the other talk. All this calling him a deadbeat and chit doesn't faze him whatsoever. He loves the kids HE WANTED and that's it. Not nan is given by Long Face about this girl.

Just because you get pregnant,doesn't mean you can MAKE a man be a father,especially for a child he obviously didn't want. He can pay support and you can't make him do anything else,unless HE WANTS TO. That's why you better choose who busts raw in you VERY carefully.

He gave financial support because he was TOLD to. Now that's she grown and that obligation is gone,he doesn't care. As Ms.Angelou said,he has shown his daughter who he is. She best believe it and not hurt herself even worse by trying for a relationship with a sperm donor who never wanted her."

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f15/scottie-pippen-another-scrub-dad-who-abandoned-his-seed-cause-mom-533310/index7.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.lipstickalley.com/f15/scottie-pippen-another-scrub-dad-who-abandoned-his-seed-cause-mom-533310/index7.html


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Anybody have a link to watch the whole thing?
 
I lot of her shows end up at this free site:
 
http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/oprahs_next_chapter/" rel="nofollow - http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/oprah%27s_next_chapter/


Posted By: Omni Harmony
Date Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:22pm
the continuation is on tonight.  OWN has been doing a fatherless marathon  all day



Print Page | Close Window