Forum Name: Shampoo & Conditioners
Forum Description: Discussions on Shampoos & Conditioners
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=359354
Printed Date: Dec 10 2018 at 2:50am

Topic: Organix Product Line
Posted By: morenaloca
Subject: Organix Product Line
Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 4:27am
Have you tried any of the Organix Line of hair care products? If so, which ones do you like?
http://www.organixhair.com/hair" rel="nofollow - http://www.organixhair.com/hair

I have tried pomegranate and green tea, vanilla silk, morrocan argan oil, coconut milk. I only like the vanilla and coconut milk ones. I would like to try the biotin and collagen and also the citrus mint, argan oil/shea butter and the lavender soymilk.

Big smile

Replies:
Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 2:24pm
I have tried one of their shampoos and it was no bueno for my hair.  Not saying my results were typical but after trying it several times, that brand didn't work well with hair hair or water.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 9:01pm
Which shampoo?

Posted By: Abstraction
Date Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 10:51pm
I'm actually looking for more info on their products as well. As far as shampoo & conditioner I've used the argan oil & shea butter ... plus the deep conditioning mask & it works wonders! The three of them together leave my hair so smooth and soft. Plus the scent is so tasty smelling & it'll linger for a bit too ...which I don't mind. 

I also used the Moroccan argan oil deep conditioning mask & was amazing as well. I want to try this shampoo and conditioner combo as well to compare & contrast the two ...but I'm going to wait until I'm out of the other. 

I'd like to try some of the others but those are the main ones that I feel would be super hydrating & good for my hair.  But I'd love to hear from others who have used the different types.

Posted By: Abstraction
Date Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 7:27pm
Just an update ... A lot of their lines or scents aren't available in certain places. Back at school I could get the Moroccan Argan Oil set & the Shea Butter Argan Oil set ... but back home I can only find the latter at certain places. 

However, since I came across this problem I decided to start using the Macadamia Oil line which I am very impressed with! I've used the shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioning mask. The scent is a lot lighter than the other two [almost like sugar cookies or pound cake, but very light & it lingers] & it melts into my hair. I've found that this is softness that lasts especially when I combined it with my leave in [Giovani Direct] while my hair is still damp after washing. 

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 10:05pm
I have used the moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner for over a year.
A long time ago, I used the shea butter shampoo and conditioner.
Both were great, especially the moroccan oil since it was sulfate-free (I don't remember if the shea butter was sulfate-free back in the day). The only problem is that it has DIMETHICONE as an ingredient, which is silicone. Silicone builds up and the only way to remove it is by washing ur hair with shampoos that have sulfate Confused

I currently using the Trader Joe's line (it's cheap!) because it doesn't have sulfates or silicones.

Date Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 10:21am
Abstraction, I am gonna try the ones you mentioned. They sound good. I'm obsessed with having touchable and soft hair

Sexyandfamous, I heard they aren't actualy Organic =/ but i love the way they smell lol

Date Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 4:16pm
@morena, they make your hair feel soft because of the silicone, but unknown to many consumers, they are doing some bad instead of good, in the long run.

The trader joe's stuff that I got has no sulfate or silicone, so it is just perfect. Once or twice a week, I do a hair mask with this Hask n' placenta pouch that you can get at walmart for a low price. It really helps hydrate my dry hair.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

Which shampoo?

It was the shea butter one.

Posted By: sugaplum
Date Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 9:58pm
The only one I ried was the coconut milk conditioner. It has cones it but I love it for my hair and my weave.

Posted By: Dunkindonuts23
Date Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 8:14am
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

Have you tried any of the Organix Line of hair care products? If so, which ones do you like?
http://www.organixhair.com/hair - http://www.organixhair.com/hair

Big smile
i've only tried the coconut milk one.
I am natural and it seemed like all my curls were perfectly defined and not frizzy
however upon using it a couple times, my hair seemed dry. so i use it just once in awhile. i alternate between defifferent shampoos

Posted By: DayyMonet
Date Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 2:26pm
I used the coconut milk shampoo & Conditoner on my last curly weave. Highly recommend for curls!

Posted By: hairluuver
Date Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 8:42am
They are all sulfate free so I like them all...it really depends though on what you want. Some are made to soften hair, or make it more straight, add sheen, add moisture...it just depends on what you are trying to do with your hair at that moment. I have the Brazilian one in the gold bottle in my cabinet right now, because I was trying to tame some frizzy Indian hair as of lately.

Posted By: slimmacee23
Date Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 7:10am
I tried the coconut conditioner but unfortunately it has silicone in it and im CG so silicone = more washing = bad hair :( 

Posted By: cosmochica010
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:05pm
I know this is an old thread but. . . 
I this line so far... I'm new on my natural hair journey and the biotin conditioner as well as the kertian spray oil works wonders for me. But if you are doing the CG method then it is best to stay away from these two items.

Posted By: Keezyanduknoit
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:26pm
❤️❤️❤️ The brazilian keratin therapy!!!

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 6:59pm
I was at rite aid the other day, and I checked out the new Organix shampoo - at least I never noticed it - and the Sea Moisture smelled nice and the Awapuhi smelled reeeally nice. I am considering getting back to OGX, even though they have silicone.

Date Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 11:26am
I went to the store to decide which OGX set I wanted, and the smell of pretty much all of them turned me off but Keratin Oil - last time I sniffed them, I love the smell of all of them lol.
I got the Keratin Oil set, and my hair is soooo smooth. :)

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:26pm
I used to wash my hair with the Moroccan Oil set but the Keratin Oil set is so much better
I love OGX I should have stuck with it instead of switching for that cheapo Trader Joe's brand

Posted By: Malicious_Affection
Date Posted: Oct 24 2014 at 10:18am
I need to try and see if it works well with my head.

Posted By: confusedchick18
Date Posted: Feb 10 2015 at 5:56pm
Is your hair natural or relaxed?Im in the transitioning stage but i had color put in my hair and it broke my hair off, badly. So i'm looking for something that will be good for my damaged hair so it will grow.

Date Posted: Mar 09 2015 at 6:11pm
OGX came out with B5 Shampoo & Conditioner and Vitamin E Shampoo and Conditioner.

I am considering trying OGX's Biotin set. I like the keratin one and it has been lasting me quite a while, but I really want to try something new. 

Date Posted: Mar 09 2015 at 6:12pm
all the sets available:
https://www.ogxbeauty.com/hair/" rel="nofollow - https://www.ogxbeauty.com/hair/

Date Posted: Mar 09 2015 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

@morena, they make your hair feel soft because of the silicone, but unknown to many consumers, they are doing some bad instead of good, in the long run.

wtf was i talking about?LOL
silicones are not bad for your hair
just some people's hair do not do well with silicone

and the buildup of cones can be removed with an apple cider vinegar rinseWink

Date Posted: Apr 12 2015 at 1:12pm
I bought a new set of OGX shampoo and conditioner: the Vitamin E ones.
It's supposed to moisture my hair and help prevent split ends. We shall see. I tried it yesterday and so far I like it.

I have tried 3 different ogx shampoos and conditioners: Moroccan oil, shea butter, and keratin. I remember that the moroccan was nice. The shea butter I don't recall using it at all. It must have been a long time ago or for a short while. The keratin was nice, but my hairdresser said my hair was dry, so I am unsure if it was because of the keratin or the hair masque I had.

Posted By: 4BFabulousity
Date Posted: Jan 10 2016 at 10:54am
I have two 20 ounce bottles of the argan oil shampoo and conditioner. I have only tried the conditioner but so far so good because it made my hair soft.

Posted By: PinoyHairAddict
Date Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 4:24am
I'm too paranoid about silicones to try any their products. My cousin who has a perm loves Organix though.

Posted By: pinknikkij
Date Posted: May 09 2016 at 9:30pm
I like these lines:

Coconut Curls
Coconut water
Awapuhi Ginger
Kukui oil
Coconut milk
(Coconut anything is great for moisture)
Argan oil one is ok but not my fav

Print Page | Close Window