Print Page | Close Window

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=359294
Printed Date: Aug 15 2018 at 11:29pm

Topic: Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge
Posted By: LadyAradia
Subject: Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 8:50am
I am starting a new challenge for Monistat 3 along with a few ounces of oil and a teaspoon of of sublimed sulfur. There  should be a total of 8 ounces of the oil of your  choice with monistat 3 as the base AND 1 teaspoon of Sublimed Sulfur powder available from the pharmacy section of a Walmart, Target or compounding pharmacy. If thy don't have sublimed sulfur,you can definitely get it online at amazon or ebay. This  way you get the benefits of monistat and of sulfur in one growth aid. This can be made in a spray bottle with 8 oz of water instead of oil + 1 tsp sulfur + monistat. This   can be sprayed on the scalp daily instead of oiling the scalp.

But the point of this challenge is to apply your mixture of monistat and sulfur to the scalp daily, follow this with a massage and perhaps turning the head upside down for a few minutes and then preferably
applying a conditioner cap and GHEing all night. This challenge will be ongoing for Super hair growth. Many women claim to achieve several extra INCHES of growth with the application of monistat and also claim this with sulfur. The purpose of this challenge is to combine the 2 in one SUPER GROWTH formula.

This challenge is for a Sulfur ointment WITH Monistat together.You can follow the above video's formula exactly, just add one of the tubes of monistat to it and shake well.
Please join me on this SUPER GROWTH Challenge! Post which miconazole nitrate  product you are using, the formula you made  and your application schedule. Talk  a little about your hair length, the formula you made, and your  reggie in general.    

My  idea is to do this for 4 months going at it STRONG! Then drop the monistat out of your formula for about 2 months and just do sulfur oil for about 2 month break from the monistat..... THEN go back at it again full force with both again for 4 more months. Use your own discretion  with this and do this at your own risk after investigating.    Listen to your body. If you experience the headaches or lightheadedness... then stop. If you don't know if you are allergic to sulfur or not, try some on your inner arm first and see how you react to it....
Good luck and let's grow some hair!    

Replies:
Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 9:03am
Hopefully there are no potential issues in combining the two but otherwise I'm in!

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 9:04am
Welcome!! Get all your   ingredients together and post when you have your formula made   
I figure we will officially start around May 1st to give participants enough time to get the sublimed sulfur and the monistat. You can use generic Miconazole nitrate instead of the name brand Monistat. If you  want to start earlier feel free. 

I will start tonight actually!

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 11:35am

OK so I just got back from CVS and purchased the Miconazole 3 which is 4% Miconazole nitrate. There are 3 tubes of it in the package

Sublimed Sulfur

I made 2 solutions. One oil base, the other water base lotion

Solution 1 OIL BASED
  • 8 ounces of oils
  • 1 of the tubes of miconazole
  • 1 teaspoon of sublimed sulfur
  • 10-20 drops of peppermint, rosemary or other essential oils
Put in bottle with squirt top. Shake well.  Oil scalp daily with mixture

Solution 2 WATER BASED

• 6 ounces of water
  • 1 or 2 ounces of oil
  • 2 tablespoons of favorite cream conditioner ( to mix oil and water in lotion emulsion)
  • 1 of the tubes of miconazole
  • 1 teaspoon of sublimed sulfur
  • 10-20 drops of peppermint, rosemary or other essential oils

Put in bottle with squirt top. Shake well.  Apply to scalp daily with mixture. This is for days when my hair can not handle extra oil.
I already  anointed my scalp with the water based solution today and covered with conditioner cap for GHE. My hair already felt really oily today so I chose to go with the water based lotion based formula today instead of the oil solution. But either one will deliver the active ingredients to the scalp so the choice is yours what base you put it in .     8 ounces of oil based, lotion based or 8 ounces of some other ointment like the ladies in the videos above... Either way, just add one of your  tubes of miconazole and one teaspoon of sulfur powder to the base of your choice and apply to scalp with massage at least 3 times per week..... I will be doing mine every night.  
Will keep updated. Good luck everyone, 
Feel free to join all and Let's Grow some long hair!

PS  The Miconazole/ Monistat 1 and 7 are 2%.  Some of the  Miconazole/ Monistat 3 are 4%. So I chose the generic brand and Miconazole 3 that is 4% to get the higher concentration product for my money.

Posted By: Brilaw
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 11:46am
After I buy a squirt bottle I'll be ready to join
ETA:And a new tube of monistat, my other one expired Ouch

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 11:50am
LOL Welcome and happy hair growing!

Posted By: Veemack
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 11:57am
Good challenge!

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 12:31pm
Thanks Veemack Feel free to participate however you would like !

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 6:48pm
Walmart and Target have the Miconazole nitrate cheaper than CVS

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 8:36pm
I'll join!Tongue
I have sublimed sulfur, and MN (it's not monistat but it is pretty much the same thing)
Idk how consistent I'll be but I'm in.
I think I'll try and mix some up tonight.

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 9:59pm
Great!  Im using generic MN too. Good luck with your growth Amber! 

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 10:18pm
Thanks. You tooo. 
I'll be doing the oil-based one.
I was thinking about doing the semi-water based one because it will probably soak into the scalp better...
But I think it'll also be harder to mix (I think the oil will seperate easier?).
If anyone uses water in their mix let me know if it blends okay, please. :)

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 10:32pm
The one i made this afternoon is staying like a  thin lotion. I put some silicon mix conditioner in it and it serves to mix the oil and water permanently into a thin lotion. A couple spoons of any thick cream conditioner would emulsify it the same way into a thin lotion....keeping the water and oil blended  

Most creams already contain both OIL and Water... So adding such a cream conditioner to oil and water will blend the 2 together like the cream itself is blended. The cream will act like a glue so to speak to hold the oil and water together in the water or lotion based formula. (In a similar way egg yolks  act on the oil as an emulsifier/glue when you whip up mayonnaise)

The sulfur is going to settle to the bottom in the oil anyways. So always shake your mix up before using whether you mix it in oil or lotion  

Posted By: MinnieMe
Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 5:20am
Make sure the MN you choose does not have oil in the ingredients! I will join the challenge!

Posted By: Queensheba
Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 5:38am
Great ill join I've been doing this anyway I mixed mn with a dash of mtg peppermint oil and scurl after this is done I'm going to buy the sulfer powder

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 8:38am
Welcome Ladies. Minnie Me why no oil in the MN cream? most creams have a little oil in them if nothing more than like vitamin e
Let me know when youve made your mix and what you put in it.   

The sulfur was sunken to the bottom on the oil mixture this morning... So ALWAYS shake it up really well to blend everything back before you put it on. How's it going ladies... Have any of you started?

I'm about to co wash and do my SECOND application!  Tongue
On freshy washed hair, the water solution seemed a little too lacking of oil. so I think I will try the base 1/2 water 1/2 oil with 2 tablespoons of conditioner next time.

PS Some say to lay off the sulfur for a week around the time  you do a relaxer/scurl  to avoid irritation.
"Be sure to stop using all sulfur products at least a week prior to a relaxer application and do not resume untilat least a week after you relax, to prevent burning/irritation." according to:  http://www.justgrowalready.com/2011/12/my-sulfur-mix.html#.UXVEhrXUdKA" rel="nofollow - http://www.justgrowalready.com/2011/12/my-sulfur-mix.html#.UXVEhrXUdKA  

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 9:51am
You have already been doing this Queen Sheba GREAT! What kind of growth has it been giving you ? How long have you been doing it? 

PS 
LET'S TAKE THIS UP A NOTCH!!!

When you apply solution at least 3 times per week, try to also:

1)  MASSAGE THE SCALP FOR 30 MINUTES
2)  LAY ON YOUR BACK ACROSS THE BED WITH YOUR HEAD HANGING UPSIDE DOWN FOR 5 MINUTES
3)  SLEEP WITH BAGGIE and bonnet ON HEAD (GHE) with solution on head EVERY OTHER NIGHT IF POSSIBLE

Lets make this work ladies!

There are many ways of using this ladies. Here is another lady's reggie with MN

It will be interesting to see how this works for us with the sulfur too!

Posted By: MinnieMe
Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Welcome Ladies. Minnie Me why no oil in the MN cream? most creams have a little oil in them if nothing more than like vitamin e
Let me know when youve made your mix and what you put in it.   

Some MN have mineral oil in the cream you choose.... I was told that by a member on this board...I think it was veemack, and I did notice a difference in growth when I checked MN ingredients.

Im gonna mix mine with some of this

And some sulfur and MN....It has like a half of dozen oils in it. Also I will switch (break) in between with some indian oil I am waiting for to get here

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 3:42pm
Oh I see, its the mineral oil that isn't good  in some MN. Your formula looks GREAT MinnieMe Thumbs Up
WOW Minnie Me your  oil  has all sort of oils and herbs  in it!! Clap

Ginseng Miracle Wonder Hair And Skin Oil
Gin Gro Oil Complex [Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil], Gin Gro Herbal Complex [Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemarry) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Coix Lacryma-Jobi (Job's Tears) Seed Extract], Juniperus Virginiana Wood Extract, Hyacinthus Orientalis (Hyacinth) Leaf Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Capsicum Annuum Resin, Isopropyl Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Phenoxyethanol.
When are you mixing it up and starting ?

Please post your starting pictures for later length checks guys

PS OK so I just checked,  my generic MN from CVS has mineral oil in it. I will take a trip by Walmart and look at their brands to see if one of them does not have mineral oil in it for my next batch.  Thanks for that information Minnie MeThumbs Up Do you know off hand which brands of MN do not have mineral oil in them?

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 9:57pm
As I mentioned before I will be doing the "oil" mix. This might end up being really greasy but if I have to I will cowash 2 times a week, if need be. I will use a q-tip to apply the oil, so it won't be too much of a mess.

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/media/IMG_2345_zps3085032c.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

I'm using 1 and hlf castor oil and 6 and hlf ounces of avocado oil = 8 ounces

I tried my best to try and "infuse" the sulfur into 4 ounces of Avocado oil.  I just put the sulfur into the a bowl and I poured the oil over it. 
Then I heated the bowl in shallow water. I used boiling hot water first but then I turned the heat down to about medium-high. I did this for 10 minutes. I did not go any longer than that because I did not want the glass bowl to overheat (and break..? O_O) or anything. I just wanted to be careful. It did not mix all the way, but these are the results.

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/media/IMG_2347_zpsfadd7329.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

I also tried to infuse the MN into the castor and 3 and hlf ounces of AVC oil. 
http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/media/IMG_2348_zpsac6bc278.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/media/IMG_2349_zps75b62d9b.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/media/IMG_2351_zpsc65fe84b.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

I just put the MN into the bottle first and I placed that into the water and swirled it around in circular motions. I did not do this for any more than 1 minute for each time I did it... I didn't want to overheat the plastic or cause it to get a bump on the bottom of the bottle... So, I did it no more than about 10 times.

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/media/IMG_2352_zps810f0394.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

After all my hard work I really don't know if it will stay like this, but I tried. LOL

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/media/IMG_2353_zps5306733a.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

I didn't add any scents to it. I think I still have some peppermint oil that I will put into after it's sat for a good bit.

I can't wait to start this challenge! Big smile
HHG ladies!

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 10:14pm
okay, OP.. here are some who have tried Monistat7 with their results, and their experiences.  Looks like you're on to something Miss Lady:

Yup I tried it but it can become costly plus I didn't like messing with my scalp every night. It worked for me, I got 1/2 inch in two weeks as opposed to 1/2 inch a month

Well you know I am all for it.  It has worked for me, and no ill effects.

Has anyone considered that maybe treating the scalp with an anti-fugal daily by rid the scalp of yeasts that inhibit growth? Many common scalp conditions that are lumped together as dandruff by non-dermatologist are caused by excessive sebum production and irritation/inflammation from the growth of yeasts. Just a thought. I am not a dermatologist but while reading both this article and the one with Kamilah, this is what I kept thinking. The combination of good oils and a daily anti-fugal would do wonders for anyone who suffers from scalp irritation.

jazzy675 http://kinkycurlycoilyme.com/monistat-7-for-hair-growth/#comment-814540490" rel="nofollow - 2 months ago

It Works!!! I have never had a full head of hair in my life now my hair is shoulder length. No lies, no games, no jokes. My family and friends can vouch for this with me. I've been using it for nine months now. It is a miracle worker. I will upload a before and after pic with dates.

aGoddess http://kinkycurlycoilyme.com/monistat-7-for-hair-growth/#comment-569091893" rel="nofollow - Dana http://kinkycurlycoilyme.com/monistat-7-for-hair-growth/#comment-850923206" rel="nofollow - 19 days ago

I used MN for 3 months and received 3 inches of hair growth consecutively each month. I took a 2 month break and started this up again. My hair did not reverse. You have to ween yourself off of it. Start by applying daily, then once you decide to take a break or stop completely, apply every other day, then every three days, then once a week and then stop. After stopping, I just applied Vatika oil to my hair and scalp. I went from middle of ear to top of bra strap length in 3 months. I am very pleased with the results. Family and friends keep asking me if that is my real hair or a weave and how did I grow it so fast. I mixed mine with a ton of carrier oils, EO's, and Sulfur 8.

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 11:12pm
Wow Amber I am so impressed with your photos..That's just what my oil mix looks like! 

Femmemuscleisback that is GREAT information!!!
This is all so encouraging !!! Hopefully we will all get results like that!!!

How are the rest of you coming with your mixtures ?  

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 3:31am
I think this is available as MICATIN in Europe maybe. Let me know if you guys have that there. 

Posted By: NattyDoll
Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 11:49am
I would LOVE to join this challenge if I weren't so weirded out by the idea of putting such a cream on my head. Not only would I be endlessly embarrassed going to the store to buy something like this, but I also don't like the idea of it in general (I didn't eat my cornish hen the other night because it looked like the farmer had raped it). I guess I'm just strangely picky about the things I'm willing to do.

Good luck to all you ladies going in to this challenge! If it works miracles for a bunch of people, I MIGHT consider trying it some time. But I already get about an inch+ a month naturally. Does anyone know if something like this would be able to speed up such a high growth rate? Or would it probably not work for me anyways?

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 12:00pm
I will most likely be starting this challenge tonight even though I wanted to have my application days as Mon, Wed, & Fri...
I need to get some baggies, so I guess it really depends on if I get them today or tomorrow morning.
I'll let you know.

And after all of my "hard" work the MN cream separated from the oil, but it looks like the Sulfur stayed blended in. 

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/media/IMG_2356_zps6adbfb3e.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by NattyDoll NattyDoll wrote:

I would LOVE to join this challenge if I weren't so weirded out by the idea of putting such a cream on my head. Not only would I be endlessly embarrassed going to the store to buy something like this, but I also don't like the idea of it in general (I didn't eat my cornish hen the other night because it looked like the farmer had raped it). I guess I'm just strangely picky about the things I'm willing to do.

Good luck to all you ladies going in to this challenge! If it works miracles for a bunch of people, I MIGHT consider trying it some time. But I already get about an inch+ a month naturally. Does anyone know if something like this would be able to speed up such a high growth rate? Or would it probably not work for me anyways?

It's not like it has vaginas in the ingredients...DeadLOL I bought mine online but if I do go to the store to buy some more I'll make sure to go to the self-checkout at Walmart...

And now you just being greedy. TongueLOL
Honestly you won't know if it'll work for you unless you try it. Smile

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 12:08pm
LOL Im about to do my THIRD application Amber Tongue I am going for EVERY SINGLE   DAY APPLICATION to start.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 12:15pm
(1) I plan to massage while I apply as that's what I usually would do when I used Sulfur oil.
(2) Idk about that one, but I'll try to incorporate the inversion method here, but I'll be doing like someone suggested starting out with 1 minute then increasing it to 2 and so on as the weeks come. Mainly to see if that will help stop the plateau effect.
(3) I used to baggy every night which I think was too much (too much moisture and I didn't like waking up with damp hairDead) but since this will probably be every other day it should be okay, plus it's hard not to get oil everywhere without using a cap on your head when you sleep.

I'm gonna upload starting pictures after I'm done rinsing out my conditioner from my DC.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 12:18pm
LadyAradia,
Do you plan to cowash during the week to combat the oiliness?

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

LadyAradia,
Do you plan to cowash during the week to combat the oiliness?
Well I have been using the mainly water based mix with just a little oil in it... It almost  has a little too little slip/oil feeling   when I rub it on my scalp actually so no problems at all with this mix on that. I have an oil mix but haven't used that one yet. The roots of my hair get more wet than anything and then I just brush it into a ponytail to dry or wrap it when I finish.  And yes  I recently started cowashing and dc every other  or every couple days so that seems to be working fine with this formula

Oh, and I have not had any headaches or tenderness at all personally.... I might go to using less diluted  mix next month (like the girl in the last video) depending on how things go this month. l am also cutting back on my vitamins just a little to make this mostly about MN & sulfur.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 3:50pm
I cant imagine why his costs so much but at least it worked for him too! (Its only $4.90 at walmart)
He can keep the eggs and mayonnaise too

Don't forget, however you mix, we're  adding 1 tsp sulfur to ours too! 

PS:OK now this might be nearing  the end of her follicle growth stage. I recognize that from there she might need to add MSM to lengthen her hair follicle growth stage to get more growth on to the end of that along with the MN.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 5:19pm
Only $forty dollars... O_O
LOL. How's he going through so much...
Maybe he using undiluted MN...
But that still doesn't add up...

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 5:21pm
Oh...
Never mind.
He just used regular Monistat...
Maybe he's not from the United States and it's hard to get?

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 5:21pm
I'll be ready by May 1. Hopefully this does something for my problem scalp as well.

Posted By: YaYaStar
Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 6:00pm
Good luck ladies. I do intend to make a sulfur mix eventually to be used daily when I am wigging it. I currently have a sew in and the net used underneath prevents me from accessing my scalp well. I look forward to seeing all of your progress along the way. I am certain I will be joining you guys later. HHG LADIES!

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 6:39pm

rated 5 of 5 http://www.makeupalley.com/p~Summer8167" rel="nofollow - Summer8167  on 2/18/2013 11:42:00 PM http://www.makeupalley.com/product/userreviews.asp?u=Summer8167" rel="nofollow - More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am reviewing this product for hair growth (and not the intended use!) I met a lady at the gym who had grown her hair 6 inches in just over three months, and I was amazed! I asked her how she did it - and she said she had used vitamins (like biotin) and monistat of her scalp everyday. Since I have recently decided to grow my hair long again, and my hair grows slowly, I decided to use it. I usually grow about 1/4 inch per month. Since using this on my scalp I have grown 2 and a 1/2 inches in about 7 weeks. Pretty amazing! I do not have any side effects. I use it full strength on my scalp every time after I wash and dry my hair. The active ingredient is an anti-fungal which helps to get rid of the thrush / fungus that naturally grows on our scalp and sometimes can inhibit hair growth. The active ingredient stays active for about 3 days, so you don't have to apply every day (only after you wash, assuming you wash every three days or less). I haven't had any side effects. There is no smell and it isn't very greasy; just make sure to put on the scalp only. You can part it into sections and apply to the exposed scalp, and then rub it into the scalp. I use the generic 7-day brand from Walmart (2%) and it's $4.95 for an entire tube that lasts me about 2 weeks. I've talked to my boyfriend who is a physician and he said it's totally safe, and acted like it made sense to use an anti-fungal (I was surprised - I was embarrased to ask him lol!) I would recommended this to anyone looking to grow their hair out faster!

rated 4 of 5 http://www.makeupalley.com/p~zoemaree" rel="nofollow - zoemaree  on 11/20/2010 1:53:00 AM http://www.makeupalley.com/product/userreviews.asp?u=zoemaree" rel="nofollow - More reviews by zoemaree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review covers something I never thought I'd write about:

Using anti-ladyplace-itch cream on the roots of my hair.

Monistat is, for me, hair in a tube. From what I have read, the active ingredient (Miconazole Nitrate) oxygenates the scalp and gets rid of yeast/fungal infections in doing so.. and et voila, I have new hair growth and a plethora of little baby hairs making my hair feel a-may-zingz. If you are desperate for new growth (me), open to new things (me) and a little bit crazy (goes without saying) - please read on. 

Though my husband is completely grossed out and teases me incessantly about using what is affectionately called "cooter cream" on some hair boards, I'm unashamed to buy it and am on my second 45 gram tube. I'm growing out a super duper asymmetrical bob which is about an inch long on one side - I need new growth more than anyone I know! Though skeptical at first, I have noticed both substantial thickness and new growth all over - almost 1/2 an inch - after using this for approximately a month. I have a whole bunch of brand new hairs springing up all over - wherever I part my hair, there's too many new hairs to count. It feels healthier and thicker and it's visibly longer. 

Please, before you start using this product, look into it first. I read exhaustively both on the forums here and also at the Long Hair Community prior to starting and there seem to be multiple methods of application and many varied experiences and opinions. It can be expensive if you choose to use only the name brand Monistat cream, and it's definitely confusing to try and figure out what brand offers what, whether you're happy to use a generic (my current tube cost me $6 from Target, as opposed to $17 for the same non generic brand), the percentage you choose to use (either 2% or 4%) and finally, your chosen application method. 

As far as I can tell, these are the application methods most commonly used:

1. Undiluted cream on scalp
Part hair, smear the cream as needed (can be about an inch per parting) This will use up your tube pretty damn fast and can induce severe headaches in some people as the cream hasn't been mixed or diluted. 

2. Partially diluted in warm water via spray bottle. Sprayed on the roots of your hair and massaged in if you feel so inclined.

3. Partially diluted in warm water via hair dye bottle applicator. As above. Some users prefer this as a more direct way to access the roots without the spray nozzle clogging up in a bottle. Can be a little tingly, but in a tickle-y way. 

My application method of choice is the second option, simply because it's easier for me to make sure I get my roots completely. You want your mixture to resemble a slightly viscous white liquid. Which sounds incredibly suspicious, so I apologise! I have a small, 30 ml spray bottle which used to be used for hair spray, so I squeeze about an inch worth of cream into the tube, add less than an inch of water and shake the bottle until it is evenly dispersed and mixed. I then part my hair and spray all along the exposed root section (this stuff is going to do absolutely zilch on the length of your hair so roots only, people!), make sure it's saturated and then part my hair again. And so on and so forth. Once I either run out of stuff to spray or my hair is totally saturated, I then massage it into my scalp for good measure and leave it on until it dries or I go to bed. 

The active ingredient is, I have read, active for between 48-72 hours. This equals a possible 72 hours if this cream works for you and you don't mind leaving it on your hair. The negative to using a generic brand is that they mix it with mineral oil so I can't bear to leave it on for anything longer than overnight because I turn into a greaseball. Washes out beautifully and I've not noticed any buildup. In terms of frequency of application, I apply every second to third night depending on my laziness. The key is to keep using it. 

I guess that's all for now! It worked amazingly well for me, but as always, YMMV. Read up, educate yourself, and then give it a go for at least a month. The curious/horrified looks at the checkout might just be worth it. 

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=10293227&CACHE=1742" rel="nofollow - Yes http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=10293227&CACHE=1742" rel="nofollow - No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer http://www.makeupalley.com/p~misscruella16" rel="nofollow - misscruella16  on 5/1/2010 7:40:00 PM http://www.makeupalley.com/product/userreviews.asp?u=misscruella16" rel="nofollow - More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I am reviewing this not for the intended use of this product. Alot of girls over on the Long Hair Care Forum are using this as a hair growth aid. It works sort of like Nizoral Shampoo, because it is also an antifungal. I know your thinking "WHAT?? VAG CREAM ON MY HEAD?!?" well, now its not so gross because alot of girls here are using monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer on their face. there are many off-label uses for many things you can find in your drugstore and this is one of them. Anyways to use this, you can apply it directly to your scalp at night and massage it in after parting your hair. Or you can squeeze about an inch of this cream into a jar, add a little bit of water, pour into a hair dye- nozzle bottle and apply directly to scalp this way. you should leave it on overnight and wash it out in the morning. many women see at least 1 inches of growth due to to this product usage every night. so if you are used to growing 1 inches of hair every month, you will probably grow 2 inches. Another use for this product that i got rec'd to me is that it can be used for sebrorrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a scalp and face condition. You usually can see it on your scalp, and this is what can also prevent hair from growing. If your scalp feels particularly oily or greasy, or you feel like it feels 'moist' alot, then you may have seborrheic dermatitis. If your face is very red alot and you have greasy and/or flaky skin than you may have seborrheic dermatitis. If you apply this to your face and have noticed that your face has calmed down, then you can see if it works. I have seb. derm. and rosacea and when I use this on my face, it is less oily and red. i am so glad that i have found two uses for this product. very unusual.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?itemid=131697" rel="nofollow - http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?itemid=131697

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 10:17pm
I decided to start today...!
I found a plastic cap that I can use until tomorrow plus I was too eager not too.Tongue
I decided to use a little brush for applying the mix and so far it's working out. 
http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/media/IMG_2363_zps02beabb1.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

It makes application easy and I don't have to worry about oil getting everywhere when I sleep and it'll prevent oil from getting on my face... = no breakouts. :)

I took my length checks too.

I decided to just get the top piece and the left front side. Otherwise it was too much...
Lol. I even thought about straightening out my hair (one pass) but it's not that serious.Dead

Front bang (3 1/2 in.): I tried to make the part as straight as possible, but then I realized we didn't have any combs at my house...LOL I took a picture of the parts I made for my own reference when I length check again.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q558/Ambritev2/IMG_2359_zpscf4092c6.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q558/Ambritev2/IMG_2359_zpscf4092c6.jpg

It kind of looks like I'm holding the tape measure right in front of my face, but I laid it flat to where the part was first...

Side left (4 in.):

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q558/Ambritev2/IMG_2362_zpscb8164a0.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q558/Ambritev2/IMG_2362_zpscb8164a0.jpg

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 6:38am
Pull the hair straight out from the scalp and measure strand from root to tip.  with hair hanging you are measuring neighboring tips  also.... OR just place the tape measure at hairiline .... not an arbitrary part and pull hair up vertically to measure not hanging across the head to neighboring ends

Good Job Amber!

PS Is this the yellow  mixture you made  or a different one ? I don't see any yellow  sulfur powder in this mixture . Did you  massage head 30  minutes after application and hang head upside down also a few minutes? There's always tomorrow!

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 10:33am

For some reason I can't get a straight part.
And I did measure from the root, but to take the picture and measure the end of my hair the top of the tape measure can't be held down
*Shrugs*
It's close enough. I know how to easily get the same part again since it's at the front where my "peak" is.
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q558/Ambritev2/IMG_2358_zps454e78ba.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q558/Ambritev2/IMG_2358_zps454e78ba.jpg

And yes, this is the same mixture.
There isn't anything in the bowl.LOL
I didn't do 30 minutes, but a little more than 20.
I had my head over for 1 minute. Next week I'll do 3, then after 4, and then eventually 5 minutes.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 11:47am
good luck !! Tongue
Sprinkles hair growing dust on all 

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:49pm
I got my caps and i can't wait to try again tonight!

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 1:25pm
Since our official start date is May 1 lets do our first  length checks again around July 1st and 2nd length checks around September 1st. 
But we will keep each other motivated and updated constantly in between time. Let's keep the momentum UP!! 
How are the rest ofyou all doing withyour mixtures  ?
HHG

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 1:47pm
Amber i am a little concerned because I know from the ps thread that you are getting puff braids.  Well I saw this video of a woman on the sulfur challenge who took out braids and lost a lot of hair. I am not sure whether it was bad braids or the sulfur being trapped in the braids or what... take a look
i hope that protective style does not cause a problem like it did with her.  She had a LOT of new growth for one month but lost so much hair when she took her braids out

For those planning to do braids, this is perhaps a safer alternative
http://www.samsbeauty.com/#viewStage=Product;page=1;category=Ponytail::Synthetic%20Hair%20Pony%20Tail;pnum=25" rel="nofollow - http://www.samsbeauty.com/#viewStage=Product;page=1;category=Ponytail::Synthetic Hair Pony Tail;pnum=25
(see New Born Free Effy, Sensationnel Instant Up-Do U008,etc?) 

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 2:28pm
Thanks for posting that video...
I felt so badly for her and that's pretty much how I felt after taking down my kinky twists in Feb (Never again--stupid hair braiderS)
I don't plan on doing braids.

I'll be doing some twists like this and I don't plan on doing them tightly.
They'll be thicker kind of like this.
I think I'll be fine. I'll monitor daily too.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 2:43pm
ok good luck Smile

Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 11:43pm
All right. Decided to do again tonight. I would like to do everyday but initially it'll be every othrr...
Idk. Since i usually come home and watch tv after work i'll apply it then like tonight!
Maybe i can get errydayyy!
The more i apply the better!

Date Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 1:02pm
Do you plan to upload length check pictures?Or do you plan to length check on May 1st?
@LadyAradia,

Date Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 1:48pm
Just got this cute shirt today in the mail. Air dried really funky after co washing this morning. Had trimmed about an inch about a month ago to even ends at bottom. 

PS Pardon my bra straps...but the bra looks to be between line 8 & 9. So about 2 1/2" for bsl for me

PSS My hair is getting almost natural again at the roots. The curl is coming back

Date Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 10:07pm
Getting around to my 3rd day!

Date Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 11:02pm

Amber i am a little concerned because I know from the ps thread that you are getting puff braids.  Well I saw this video of a woman on the sulfur challenge who took out braids and lost a lot of hair. I am not sure whether it was bad braids or the sulfur being trapped in the braids or what... take a look
i hope that protective style does not cause a problem like it did with her.  She had a LOT of new growth for one month but lost so much hair when she took her braids out

Lady Aradia,

I watched the video of the first woman who lost quite a lot of hair after installing box braids.  All i felt was "Deja Vu"..Confused I've experienced this "setback" quite a few times after trying:

Box Braids w/extensions
Singles w/extensions
Twists w/ extensions
Pixie style singles w/extensions..

The "Singles w/extensions"  i didn't learn my lesson until after several installs (that's about 2 years worth).. Each time she did a "take down" and i showed my african braider how much hair i lost?  which was even more than what that woman was holding in her hands - the braider said: "Oh that's normal"..Ouch There were times i had more hair on the floor than i did on my head.

It wasn't the sulfur serum, Lady Aradia.. not at all.. This woman is older.. as we get older - and don't supplement, diet/exercise, the hair/scalp pays for it. 

When we are younger, many of us could wear singles with heavy extensions, cornrows, box braids, and those heavy beads hanging at the ends.. no problem..

I think it just wasn't her age, but i also believe she has fine hair to begin with?  Many of us can't have the best of both worlds when it comes to extensions or weaves.  The constant weight plus i noticed she was swinging those braids quite a bit - and that was just in the video.

On fine hair with heavy extensions?  In time, you'll swing those braids right off your head.LOL

She was smart enough to figure this out, and decided to cornrow, and "wig-it" for a protective style.  Good Choice.  It only took her that one episode... Me?  hell it took about 4-5 years and a setback every 3 months before realizing, "Hmmm... maybe i should just try cornrows and wigs.."

"Less stress on the hair.. who knew?"

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 5:18am
thank you  SO MUCH !!! I was considering getting some jumbo twists... But now I won't
Thank you thank you thank you    

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 9:04am
I was going to stop taking my Maxi Hair vitamins but I decided to continue ALL OF THE ABOVE with this.

So I am still taking:  
2 Maxi Hair tabs/day, Diatomaceous Earth (silica) in milk, MSM in OJ and plenty of water or tea all day long   also.

Still using MN w/sulfur oil nightly with scalp massages

Has anyone else gotten their mn or sulfur yet  ?

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 10:41am

She used miconizole nitrate with sulfur 8 ointment which is basically what we are doing in this challenge. 
I was able to score both miconizole nitrate and tea tree oil at my local Family Dollar Store. I made mine less diluted today by adding another whole tube of MN 

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 11:42am
I remember her...
She's a member of this forum.
She had amazing growth!

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 2:08pm

It's not like it has vaginas in the ingredients...DeadLOL I bought mine online but if I do go to the store to buy some more I'll make sure to go to the self-checkout at Walmart...

And now you just being greedy. TongueLOL
Honestly you won't know if it'll work for you unless you try it. Smile

LOL.
I know I shouldn't be weirded out. :/ And let me tell you self check-outs are my worst enemy. I've never had a good experience with one. If I do get this stuff, it'll be less embarrassing to get rung up normally than to stand at the self check-out with the light blinking and wait for an employee to come over and get a price check because the cooch cream won't ring up (trust me, I've tried the same thing before with feminine care products).

I *might* actually try this...seeing these results videos are just too amazing...Even though I AM getting an inch a month, since my hair stopped growing completely a year ago (hypothyroidism), I'm already very distraught that my hair won't be BSL by summer (which, if it had grown normally after I last cut it, it would have been well past that point by summer). So for now I'm trying to make a mad dash to APL by August just so my hair is long enough that I can trim these dang dead ends off...

I'll LOOK INTO creams at the store this weekend. MAYBE I'll buy one and work up a concoction for this challenge.

If I don't get an increased growth rate from this, I'm going to be very frustrated I gave in! Haha!

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 2:49pm
Welcome, I am seeing that most people use less than 8 ounces to mix it in.  From the videos Ive seen, seems like most people are diluting it with 2 - 4 ounces of water or cream at the most.
So seems like the potions on page 1 of this thread are too dilute.  Also, there were some concerns that oils might block absorption into the scalp...

So I think we should  all follow suit and mix 4 ounces maximum of something with a whole box of MN. then add 1/2 tsp sulfur. So ours will not be more diluted than everyone else's. I added another box of MN to mine  today.

Originally posted by NattyDoll NattyDoll wrote:

If I don't get an increased growth rate from this, I'm going to be very frustrated I gave in! Haha!
Natty you may be at your maximum growth rate already so have fun with it and leave the frustration at home.Smile Also I must note since you constantly complain of poor health, if you do this, do so at your own risk like everyone else has..

Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 2:12am
Coming to lurk and support!!

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 8:11am
KIKI can you get Micadin in England?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 8:41am
to the jokes about buying Monistat in person at a store..... Ummmmmm I really don't know what to say to that.... Shocked

I go thru the line and clerks always ring me up for everything. No one bats an eyelash when you buy monistat ladies. It is just part of being a human being to need your supplies of feminine care items from time to time.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 1:58pm
Lol. Yeah, it's not that serious...
I'm going to look for the 4% next time I go to the store.
I don't plan to change my batch until I run out, but I might add more MN to mine also.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 1:59pm
Oh. I didn't apply last night because I DC'd and I did a slight protein treatment on a whim...
But I'll be back on it tonight! :)

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 2:06pm
And to Nattydoll...
Even if you don't get your hair growth to increase with this...
I'd just be happy that you've grown an inch a month so far.
It might just be your hair has a sudden growth boost, so be happy with that.
Plus, must people would kill for an inch a month as that's not what happens normally.
And all before you said your hair wasn't growing at all so wasn't that your normal growth rate?
I'm a little confused. Lol. LOL

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 2:53pm
the 4% is in the 3 day treatment sometimes.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 12:12am
I couldn't seem to find the 4% (Do they even make it..?) in an off brand and I'm not ready to dish out 13-14 dollars on some more MN yet. I think I still have 1 more tube of off brand 2%.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 4:46am
I Bought 4% in Monistat 3 ...rather CVS brand Miconizole 3

Posted By: DamiaRose
Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 12:37pm
I've been on BHM for years and this will be my first time participating in a challenge. I'm currently weaving it out to grow out the Rihanna short haircut I did early 2012. I've grown my hair at or past BSL with the forums help and I can't wait to see what results I get out of this one.

Will anyone else be trying this while under a full sew-in? I have about another 6-8 weeks 'til next install (if I can take it). 

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 12:41pm
Welcome DamiaRose and good luck!!!

Posted By: NaturelNicoro
Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 1:56pm
Thanks.
I found the 3 day with 4% at Target so i got that.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 2:00pm
Accidently posted from my other name.
Ehhh. Anywho thank you.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 2:00pm
Oh that's you Amber Smile Glad you got the 4%. How much was it at Target?
Remember everyone to take starting measurements and /or post starting pictures.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 2:01pm

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 4:41pm
Okay, I'm back! 
Got my sulfur and MN.
I will be using the oil/mn concoction but tweaking it a bit for my hair.
Will be back with before pics.

Also, do you girls think that using this can be used with megatek ?

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 4:43pm
GREAT!! This is so exciting... we're getting going!
Sure, I don't see any reason you cant mix it w/ 4 oz of megatek if it works for your hair.  
Note my comment about 8 oz base being too diluted compared to previous MN users

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 5:21pm

Welcome, I am seeing that most people use less than 8 ounces to mix it in.  From the videos Ive seen, seems like most people are diluting it with 2 - 4 ounces of water or cream at the most.
So seems like the potions on page 1 of this thread are too dilute.  Also, there were some concerns that oils might block absorption into the scalp...

So I think we should  all follow suit and mix 4 ounces maximum of something with a whole box of MN. then add 1/2 tsp sulfur. So ours will not be more diluted than everyone else's. I added another box of MN to mine  today.

Thanks for the heads up LadyAradia. 
Luckily I saw that before I made my mixture.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 5:29pm
So I will be starting tonight using the following mixture:

2 oz of cantu shea butter strengthening treatment (cream)
2 oz of cantu shea butter leave in conditioner (cream)
1 oz of virgin coconut oil 
.75 oz of jamaican black castor oil 
10 − 15 drops of cayenne pepper extract 
1 tube of miconazole nitrate 2% 
ETA: 1 tsp of sulfur

I'm aiming to apply 2 a week for 2 − 4 weeks to give my scalp time to adjust. 
I will be continuing to baggy my hair nightly.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 5:32pm

Ehhh. Anywho thank you.

ShockedLOL

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 5:40pm
Great formula Brilaw with the cayanne! So you're using about 6oz base? Don't forget the sulfur.
Good luck!

Where are your starting pictures?

About cayanne

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6oEqOkjAGYA/Tn9WqXAdfmI/AAAAAAAAQBU/vy_bnhNyG6Q/s1600/86522967.jpg" rel="nofollow">

According to a  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569567" rel="nofollow - source: http://www.curlynikki.com/2011/09/will-cayenne-pepper-stimulate-growth.html" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 6:41pm
Back with my pics:

Here my hair is dry (but with a protein treatment on it)

[/URL]

[/URL]

Here 's a pic I took yday (some weeks after starting megatek)
http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/Brilaw1/media/Hair/Photoon2013-03-02at1834_zps5cad1a39.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

I really want my hair to even out in length. The hair on the back of my head grows the slowest and is much finer. It has broken off time and time again.. so I'm trying a couple new things to jump start growth.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 7:12pm
Great Brilaw!
Did you think of a protective style Brilaw like maybe cornrows to lessen friction damage and make it easier to oil the scalp with the MN regularly?  Don't forget your protective   satin scarves or bonnets at night too when not GHEing.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Ehhh. Anywho thank you.

ShockedLOL

Lol. It's not like i can delete the post.
May as well roll with it.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 9:03pm
I was only able to find the 2% at Wal-Mart so I bought 3 boxes of it but I think I'm going to return the other 2 and scour the stores around the city for the 4%. Where else are we likely to find the higher dosage? I wouldn't mind buying it online for cheap but not even Amazon or eBay have it. 

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 10:35pm
^Check Target.
I only found the 4% in the 3 day treatment and it comes with a 2% cream.
The 4% is in the applicator tubes that came with it.
I'm going to add one of them to my mix.
And for Nattydoll when I rung up I had no issues.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 5:07am
DamiaRose you might want to keep those other 2 boxes. I got a feeling we're going  to be going thru them. You can always add them to your 4% mixes.

But my CVS has 4%

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 5:11am
Can I unofficial join LadyA ? I don't have the tube of monisat but will be purchasing after work today or off amazon which takes like 10 working days to get here.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 5:14am
Sure and WELCOME Kiki! Smile Good luck finding it.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 5:21am
Thanks love!

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 10:05am
Thank you ladies! I'm going to make a few trips and see if CVS or Target has them.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 11:10am
It cost about ten dollars at Target. How much was it at CVS?

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 11:11am
And yay Kiki! Joins.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 11:56am

And yay Kiki! Joins.

Awww I feel special.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 12:02pm
Okay ladies I bought daktarin which has 2% mn in, we in England aren't as forward yet with a coochie / athletes foot game so no 4% available.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 2:06pm
lmao. ^

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 3:46pm
LOL Im glad you found it KIKI

a little inspiration to MN & massage your scalps

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 1:33am

ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE

ANSWER

What is your starting length? 
What length is my goal for next year this time? (May 2014)
How many more  inches to grow:  __"  to goal
*Shoot for the moon... Even if you miss you'll be amongst the stars!!

Lady A: 
Starting Length : APL  around #15"
Goal for Next year: WL  around #23"
Total inches: 23-15=8" goal

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 2:22am
Okay thats some serious inspiration!

Kiki's starting length: I will claim APL (for now)
      Goal length:   MBL is my final goal
      In inches:   Between 20 to 22 inches.
I'm going through this thread so I can get a better understanding of a mix for myself.

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 8:16am
I know you are APL now Kiki... Would you say your hair stops around 14, 15, or 16 now on the numbered chart?

If you are at 16" now according to that chart.... that would be 22  minus 16 or  6 inches overall growth over the next year for you Kiki...

Everyone else.... what is YOUR current length

and goal length for 5/2014?

PS Regarding a mix just for you Kiki.... Think of what you like putting on your hair/scalp now, that works for you.... Maybe a conditioner or an oil you already use or a mixture of both. Just keep it around 4 ounces of it and mix your whole box of MN in it with a 1 small tsp sulfur powder

I know you like ORS conditioner and Olive oil? ... maybe a 4 oz mixture of that?
OR you were talking about doing inversion massage with aloe vera... how about 4 ounces of aloe with olive oil, box of MN and 1 tsp sulfur.

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 11:39am
LadyA, your a little life saver thanks for the idea. Yes I would prefer aloe vera instead of water as I just bought a load of it for moms kimmaytube leave-in, to drink and also I experimented back in the January with Clotrimazole which has similar properties to MN which I mixed with aloe vera.
I'll purchase Sulfur by Thursday and then hopefully by next week I can get 'officially' started!

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 12:30pm
Welp, got my cooch cream! I explained to the girl checking me out at Wally World that I wasn't gross, I was just using it for my hair. Didn't make me feel any better about buying it. I used more water than oil in my mix (olive oil and just a dash of tea tree--cuz that's all I had left!) so it wouldn't be too oily to wash out. I'm surprised, I didn't have time to wash today before starting my new job, and it's not much more oily than usual. :)

What is your starting length? Full SL, basically CBL at some spots
What length is my goal for next year this time? (May 2014) I plan to be at my long-term goal of WL by this time next year (or at least coming up on it)
Total inches: Not sure atm...maybe 12 inches?

It's a tough goal to try to hit, but I'm more than willing to put in the effort!

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 12:40pm
GREAT Natty! You and I use about the same formula. About how many ounces of water and oil did you use.?... I updated it to 4oz per box of MN instead of 8 oz listed on first page... This after seeing that most people didnt  dilute their MN that much in those videos.

Posted By: shoefreakbaby
Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 1:17pm
Im in I will post pics later 

Print Page | Close Window