Forum Name: Makeup Tips
Forum Description: Discussions on Makeup Tips
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=358951
Printed Date: Oct 22 2018 at 7:06am

Topic: OCC Lip Tars
Posted By: carrie
Subject: OCC Lip Tars
Date Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 4:19pm
Are any of you ladies using these? If so, how do you feel about them? And please post pics if ya got some!

Replies:
Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 4:21pm
i bout a couple a few years ago & still have them. I dont use them often to be honest. I ended up making a custom colored lipstic with a premade lipstick base. i personally think they over charge for those jokers considering its just castor oil & coloring :/

Posted By: kandegirl
Date Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 12:29pm
I have quite a few. They sell them in sephora now and I just got a set. I wore Belladonna for my birthday (nice purple). I saw it on the first Love and Hip reunion and had to have it! I'm at work so I don't have any pics. But I recommend getting one from Sephora to see do your like the texture. I do but this is one of those products you will like a lot or not at all.

I just sold my coworker my extra Hoochie (another purple color) and she's trying it out at lunch. I told her it's one of those colors you've got to be READY for! lol

Posted By: Lipstickbandit
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 12:14am
I've been collecting them for two years, I pretty much have all of them.....their awesome, pure pigment!! They will seperate after awhile but all you have to do is turn the bottle upside down and you're fine.  They last a long time, I still have full tubes from two years ago, all you need is a little drop and it goes a long way!! Here's a pic of me wearing the blue one...i think it's called RX.

http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/lipstickbandit1/media/C360_2013-04-13-22-56-06_zps629d7214.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Queenbeeach
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 6:56am
That blue looks great on you. I would never have considered a colour like that. 

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 8:56am
@Queen thanks, this isn't something I'd normally wear though, I've had this color for 2 years and have only worn it once.  I like the fact that you can mix the colors and make new shades (since it's in a paint form).  I have the white liptar and I mix it with everything! It helps lighten the colors. 

Posted By: Ritle
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 5:48pm
Don't have any, would love to try, especially easier blending of colors makes them sound appealing.

Posted By: mocherry
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 9:14pm
was thinking of trying these...looks like i will be heading to sephora this week.

Posted By: DamiaRose
Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 8:54pm
I'm obsessed with O.C.C. and actually bought about 14 shades just 2 months ago. I own so many of them already but for some reason, I just don't find myself wearing colored lippies lol "I'm a make-up artist...." is always my excuse to pick up another shade lol

Posted By: SuperModelStar
Date Posted: May 01 2013 at 5:47pm
If anybody has an extra Belladonna that they're willing to sale from the S/S12 collection, I might know a girl who's willing to buy. Wink

Posted By: carrie
Date Posted: May 01 2013 at 6:50pm
I LOVE that blue on you. I really want to try them. The Sephora by me only had 2 colors as samples. neither of which I'd ever wear.

Posted By: kandegirl
Date Posted: May 02 2013 at 4:11pm
I wore Kava Kava today, a nude/peach color, I love it! Slowly I'm going to continue to build up my collection. I have some sleek colors that I bought months ago that I haven't even tried yet. I heard they are similar. Sleek is a little cheaper.

Date Posted: May 02 2013 at 6:08pm
Thanks @Carrie, if anyone lives in Atlanta Blush Baby studios in Buckhead carries the WHOLE collection!!!!

Posted By: ClassicBeautee
Date Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 3:23pm
I have a few of them, they have a wide range of colors and base colors that can be mixed to lighten/ darken or add cool/ warm undertones. My only complaint is that they tend to settle in fine creases on my lips, so I have to mix them with lipstick to avoid that. They can also be a little drying..

Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 3:17pm
I'm thinking about trying OCC lip tar for carnival this yr. I need something that'll stay on my lips for several hours without having to constantly reapply. How is the texture? Is it really sticky? And can you eat, and drink while wearing this without making a sticky mess?

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 1:12am
Love the ones I have

Posted By: who_me?
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 7:03pm
They are really quite nice not too sticky and last on long photo shoots under those darn lights

Print Page | Close Window