Print Page | Close Window

1 inch in 1 week challenge

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=358833
Printed Date: Sep 24 2017 at 2:22am

Topic: 1 inch in 1 week challenge
Posted By: thelurkingKind
Subject: 1 inch in 1 week challenge
Date Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 7:52pm

I've posted this challenge on another board and most ladies have had great results! Please listen to the instructions and **precautions**. 

That's right, you read that correctly! A very simple way to super speed up your hair growth in ** 1*** week.

Sunday-Sunday or Monday-Monday or you get it :-)

How to:

1. Massage in (hot) oil of choice (For optimal results)

2. Do a simple inversion for 4 minutes tops 

3. Repeat for ONLY 7 days 

FAQ & RESULTS VID

INSTRUCTION VID

Anyone here game? (I won't be able to participate until next week) 

Please post before pictures and answer the following:

Oil or growth aide used if any:

Inversion technique (be as descriptive as possible) sitting or standing? How was your head and body positioned? :

Will you massage while inverting?:

Will you wash/co-wash afterwards?

Replies:
Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 1:58am
Hey love, I might aswell give it a try as my hair and health is in top condition at the moment (except the common cold thats been lingering )
Think I'll do from Sunday to Sunday.

I'll do the position you mentioned in the video where you stand up, bend your knees slightly. For about 1.30.
I'll massage for the first 30 seconds.
I won't be washing afterwards to much manipulation.
Post pics in a jiffy!

Posted By: LadyAradia
Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 5:00am
I would like to try this too from Sunday to Sunday Smile
I will try to implement this by turning my head upside down every time I sit on the toilet and also when I oil and massage my scalp with sulfur oil. 

When I was in Junior High School I used to do hand stand against the wall upside down, cartwheels, walk overs etc because I was into gymnastics. Can't remember how my hair was during all that though. Come to think of it... I would love to build up to doing head stands on the bed against the wall.

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 11:51am
I'm innnnn! I will also do Sunday to Sunday. I'm in Senegalese twists right now, so I'll choose a few twists, measure the current NG, then measure the NG again a week later. Starting pics will be posted before Sunday...

- My GA/oil of choice is WGO...
- I'll use the over the sink method for now...
- Not too fond of microwave use, so I'll heat the oil on the stove with a double boiler.

sn: I think a way to prevent the plateau effect from occurring would be to work your way up while switching positions. Like, a minute a day for week one (headstand), 2 mins a day for week 2 (seated crouching position), 3 mins a day for week 3 (standing crouching position), and 4 mins a day for week 4 (sink position).

This way your body isn't getting use to being in any set position, and it's still being shocked.

Just a thought...

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 3:24pm
I like this challenge.
I remember you posted this one on HL.
It seemed to work pretty well for most people, even if most didn't get an inch.
(Hell, any noticeable growth in 1! week is good..)

Posted By: YaYaStar
Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 5:12pm
I will have a go at it but I have a sew in so I will only be able to do this to my leave out. I will do Sunday to Sunday. I am trying to capitalize on my growth spurt. I will keep this in mind when my hair is not in a sew-in

Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 5:29pm

KikiScorpio, Thanks for joining! 
Pictures LadyAradia taking a squat Lol. No more than 4 minutes total though! 
GoodGirlGonegr8t, I like your theory. If the plateau effect can be eliminated we'll all be Rapunzel by the end of the summer. 
AmberColour, yes, the results shocked me. I expected it to work for some but not most. 
Thanks for joining Yaya, let's get that growth spurt. 

Posted By: relaxedtresses
Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 7:16pm
I'll be lurking

Posted By: renee728
Date Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 11:09am
Hhhm --- I think I will lurk for awhile if you guys don't mind.  I usually do stretches in the morning and one of my stretches for my legs includes bending over head down for about a minute.  This is very interesting!

Date Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 2:58am
You can also lay on the bed on your back with your head hanging off the bed and turn your head upside down by leaning  backward while you massage your scalp 

Posted By: yahya
Date Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 8:41pm
hmmm, this is interesting! I'll experiment with this, but I have little free time right now. I'll probably try this in a month when I'm on break and have free time. but this look pretty cool!

Date Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 6:07pm
Hey ladies more deets from me, I have the pictures but I need to rotate and it's busy week so I'll share pictures at the end. Smile

left shoulder blade: 21-22cm = 8 inches
right shoulder blade: 20cm 
front middle: 20cm
left side: 19-20cm
right side: 21cm

I did it for 3 minutes tonight with olive oil, roll on the coming Sunday! Big smile

Date Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 6:26pm
Okay I said I was going to do this one. It is Sunday so I will begin today. I will be alternating between avacado and grapeseed oil. I will attempt to stand and lean forward for my position if not then I will be sitting. Below you will see my starting length. I will only be able to do this to my leave out which reaches my upper lip as you can see in the below photo.

http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/OriginalCrownandGlory/media/lengthcheck_zps72e2711b.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 1:50pm
Hey ladies...I will post starting pics tonight. Last night, I didn't use the over the sink method...I was sitting on my couch watching TV and I decided, why not just hang upside down over the couch?? I set my timer for 2 mins and massaged my scalp. I got up slowwwwwwly and I felt zero dizziness or lightheadedness.

Just to give you a visual, i found a pic on google of the position i was in...my s/o was looking at me like I was crazy....

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/GoodGirlGoneGr8/media/image_zpsf347874b.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 1:54pm
Just finished my 3 minute section for this evening still using olive oil. I did it over the toilet this time with my hands resting on the top part of the lid.

Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 2:58pm
hair still looks like this now. Just massaged hanging upside down off the bed with liquid gold sulfur oil. Dont expect an inch from this but any added growth is welcome Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 5:13pm
I am with you Lady A, I'll take what I can get as far as growth. I think I will add a drop or two of peppermint and rosemary to my oil of choice this evening.

Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 6:05pm

Welcome, ladies, welcome! 

Thanks for participating in this crazy challenge, Lol. GoodGirlgonegr8, that position scares me sh*tless, my body cannot handle being THAT upside down, my head would be spinning for days and I'd be rocking myself in a corner in fetal position screaming "make it stop"

I'll start later this week and add my pics then and for this month I will not use oil but Aloe vera juice, hmmmmmm. 

Posted By: NattyDoll
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 7:25pm
I'm not quick to believe something with claims like this. BUT. It does seem like it could give me a good bit of added growth. I normally see an inch in 3-4 weeks, so I don't plan on getting so much growth in just one week. But it can't hurt to try it and see just how much growth I can get in one week, right? (Perfect timing, too, because I just took my one-month progress pics last night.)

I'm going to try this Monday-Monday and see what happens.
My one friend that I work with every two weeks told me this weekend that my hair was getting long, so I'm kind of making it a goal to see her reaction every two weeks, haha! So maybe this can help me make her jaw drop to the floor next time we work together. ;P

I'm probably going to try either my Tea Tree sulfur mix or olive oil (just depending on how much of either oil I have left; I tend to over-oil my hair because it's so dry, so I may not have much of either left...)

I'm so excited to try this, I really hope it can help me reach my summer hair goal!

Posted By: naynay455
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 7:27pm
started this tonight so mon to mon. i measured the new growth of my selected twist it is measuring in at 2". so i'll see what it measures in at next week. i used olive oil with some peppermint EO to stimulate my follicules

Posted By: skin care
Date Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 4:41am
How many inches hair grow in  month..?? can any tell me.???

Date Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by skin care skin care wrote:

How many inches hair grow inĀ  month..?? can any tell me.???

On average they say it's about half an inch you grow in a month some can be slightly above that or below it.

Date Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 3:09pm
so anything over 1/8th inch in a week is good

Date Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 9:59pm
3 mins upside down on my couch works for me no severe dizziness. My cousin and I are doing it. Even if we just get 1/2" we'll be happy.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 2:05pm
Last night I added pimento oil with an extra dose of peppermint oil. My pillow was heavenly scented this morning. I did it for 3 minutes 30 seconds over a a chair.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 5:40pm
I added a few drops of peppermint, rosemary, and basil. I did 4 minutes last night and this evening. Growth or not the massage feels nice.

Posted By: kwicherbichen
Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 9:17pm
Hah, I'm in :) 

Measuring the left nape of my neck. 3.5 inches

Wednesday Night:
Hang upside down for 3 minutes with scalp massage

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 3:18am
17th April I cowashed after Zumba then added more pimento oil to the olive oil and maybe to much peppermint as my whole head felt blazing lol after massaging. Knees on a chair with my head bent over for 3.30.

Posted By: Veemack
Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 5:19am
This sounds interesting and fun!
I may try this and when or if I do I will report back.
Blessings!!!!!!!Big smile

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 9:23am
I want in the challenge!!!

I did this for almost a week in March.. just finished my week for April.
I can't gauge my growth b/c my hair is in celies until I texlax in 12 weeks.
Planning on doing this 1 week each month in 2013 (If I remember).

4 minutes each night after oiling my scalp with Njoys mix.

Posted By: Aliena007
Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 10:05am
I am agree with all of you. ?here are reall nice tips. But i would like ask that have you ever try a massage of eggs on head and are you try to wash your hairs with yogurt? I read somewhere that these both method are too good for hair growth and helps to make strong.

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 10:31am
thank you.Yes yogurt & eggs are used on the hair often in India.
  http://www.lipstickmasala.com/2009/05/21/natural-conditioners-using-yogurt-as-a-hair-mask/" rel="nofollow - http://www.lipstickmasala.com/2009/05/21/natural-conditioners-using-yogurt-as-a-hair-mask/
.. this particular challenge is for inversion oil massage.

ps wow, I think I will try the good ole desi yogurt,olive oil & egg yolk masque...one woman on youtube cowashes with yogurt. I will try it sometimes Tongue

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 3:44pm
Just got in tonight did 4 or 5 minutes I lost count.
I was moving about with my head upside down to get some baby wipes for my eye make-up.

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 3:47pm
So far, I'm having fun with this challenge. I've tried pretty much all the inversion poses at this point, and some are harder to hold while massaging than others (although none of them gave me dizziness at all). So far I like lying with my head hanging over the bed, and standing bent over. Can't wait to compare my pics at the end of the week and see what came of this (unfortunately, measuring is out of the question for me). HOPEFULLY I get some kind of noticeable difference.

I'm actually surprised my hair isn't getting too oily for this. Normally I wash my hair every other day. So now I do a full wash every other day, and then just use my knock-off Wen and conditioner the other days. So far, so good. If I get results, even if they're slight, I'd like to try this once a month continuously.

Also, when I'm just using Wen and conditioner, I hang my head over the tub and wash it out that way rather than taking a full shower. I feel like that has to help a good bit as well. I might even just try that rather than fussing with oils next time and see how it compares.

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 9:37pm
used the same oil mix from yesterday. got my four minutes in. Sunday is swiftly approaching I am enjoying my lil mini massages. 

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 10:09pm
will massaging the scalp give better results?

Date Posted: Apr 19 2013 at 4:00pm

YaYastar, Massaging is another form of increased circulation so I'd wager, yes. And your mix sounds stimulating. 
NattyDoll, That's good to hear. Do you regularly do yoga b/c for some reason I can't stay in certain positions for too long without feeling uneasy/lightheaded. 
KikiScorpio92, You know what, LOL, as long as you're getting it done. :-) 
LadyAradia, Kwicherbichen,  Welcome to the challenge, looking forward to your results. 
Hello, Ms Veemack, blessings to you as well. 
Yaya24, Oooh, I've heard all about that Njoy mix and if it works anything like her original sulfur recipe...rapunzel's in the house! 

Posted By: kwicherbichen
Date Posted: Apr 19 2013 at 10:56pm
Skipped a day --

Friday Morning
- upside down 3 minutes
- hot oil treatment (and disfigured its plastic container!!! will use glass next time)

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 8:37am
I oil scalp every nigh w/liquid gold sulfur oil.I then lay across the bed every night w/head hanging upside down for 4-11 min. I look at tv upside down for a while. Massage, laser  comb, then plastic cap on for ghe overnight.

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 1:28pm
wait, i think im doing this wrong.

QUESTION: do u have to massage while being upside down?
because i have been oiling then massage then i go upside down for 3-4 mins. i never massage and be in the inversion position at the same time.

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 1:39pm
youre right. i think i did mine in the wrong order

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 1:42pm
good question. I massaged while I was inverted but I think you were supposed to massage then invert massaging while inverted wasn't necessary. Apparently I might have been doing too much...lolLOL

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

wait, i think im doing this wrong.

QUESTION: do u have to massage while being upside down?
because i have been oiling then massage then i go upside down for 3-4 mins. i never massage and be in the inversion position at the same time.

There's really no wrong way. Wink Massaging isn't necessary but is an added bonus, before, after or during is fine. 

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 3:19pm
oh ok, i'll switch it up month to month and see if it makes a difference.

Posted By: Nadiesca
Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 5:00am
i might be late but am in!!!!

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 5:17am
I think next month I will wear my hair as my usual bun for this challenge as I feel my hair just suffered in twists :/
Anyways I did some measurements today cause even though I have today to do the inversion but it won't change in a day so I'll come back with my results later.

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 3:23pm
Nadiesca, Welcome! this challenge has no specific date, it's whatever works for you :-) 

Kiki, Can't wait to see your results, <Crossing fingers>

Okay so today is my day 1 and since my scalp is acting up and since I'm still having flashbacks from the oil mishap :-( I will do the inversions without anything on my scalp not even AVJ as  planned. 

IDK what the hell is going on with the front of my hair =/ No joke, it's been around the same length for almost a year now. *sigh*  

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by thelurkingKind thelurkingKind wrote:

Nadiesca, Welcome! this challenge has no specific date, it's whatever works for you :-) 

Kiki, Can't wait to see your results, <Crossing fingers>

Okay so today is my day 1 and since my scalp is acting up and since I'm still having flashbacks from the oil mishap :-( I will do the inversions without anything on my scalp not even AVJ as  planned. 

IDK what the hell is going on with the front of my hair =/ No joke, it's been around the same length for almost a year now. *sigh*  

You sure it has been the same length, are you tracking it in measurements? Because the rest cycle is only for several weeks. It probably has grown more than you realize. Smile.....I am going to do the challenge with you starting today also. I like short challenges, Smile. I will be measuring my bangs because I find it easier to track well I may track the side also. I choose the sink method because that is basically how I have been washing my hair lately. I get tired of the water getting cold when I shower and wash my hair, so for the past month or so I have been using the sink. So I will do that method. Will keep you posted.Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 4:35pm
My hair grew 1/4" since April 10th (11 days). I measure black roots to get  exact growth amount.. Now I started doing the inversion massage on April 14th... So 4 days of that growth did not come from this challenge.  This means I will be up to almost 3/4" / month if this continues!  My hair growth rate is approaching TRIPPLE what it was in February. My normal growth rate was 1/4"/month in February
I am also doing Sulfur Oil, Maxi hair vitamins similar to Hairfinity, GHE and now Monistat WITH Sulfur oil Challenge. So there is no telling what exactly caused the growth spurt.

One thing is certain... all the pieces are coming together on this healthy hair journey and I believe I am starting to see an improvement! Smile

Posted By: Ms_Kudos
Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 1:39pm
I'm starting this today!! Don't know which oils to use yet, don't know which position, but I'm in!!  I'm a slow grower, usually 1/4" per month so that in a week will be great!

Congrats LadyA!!!!Clap

I'm SOOO excited right now, don't have to buy anything special, just use what's already in my stash and flip over! YESS!!

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 1:47pm
Thanks for the congratulations but I did not say that you dont need to do anything but turn your  head upside down to grow hair. That would be ridiculous  .  I said I am also using Sulfur oil, Maxi Hair  pills, biotin, fish oil, Monistat, GHE, protective styling, no heat, Laser comb, MSM and Diatomaceous Earth 

I only turned my head upside down  for one week so far for a total of about 28 minutes total. I started the HairFinity Sulfur oil and the Diamatomaceous earth (SILICA) around the same time... So I said there is no telling what caused the growth spurt. I honestly believe they all work synergistically  or a combination effect.

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 2:02pm
Yes, I read all of that...I was just congratulating you IN GENERAL for your hair growth (regardless of if you took part in 10 challenges or just 1, I still would have congratulated you because you sought out to increase your growth rate, and you did)

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 2:10pm
thankyou Embarrassed 

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 5:09pm
Well ladies I am checking in because my week is over. I look forward to doing this again in May. I will continue to do it while standing and bending over for the full 4 minutes. Next time I will do it first thing in the morning. I did not grow 1 inch....lol. I posted pics before I started and my leave out reached the top of my upper lip. I washed and conditioned my leave out yesterday and attempted to flat iron (I don't get my hair nearly as straight as the salon) but my leave out now reaches the top of my lower lip. Pardon the first pic it is rather blurry.  

http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/OriginalCrownandGlory/media/lengthcheck002_zps770bdacb.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/OriginalCrownandGlory/media/lengthcheck003_zps5d818c89.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 7:30pm

Now, I'm afraid to congratulate anyone :-)

Yaya, depending on how voluptuous your lips are, from top to bottom may be well over 1 inch. IJS Haha   Lol. Congrats on the growth, I'd be more than happy if I can get a difference like that.   

Ms. Kudos, I have the exact same attitude-every itty bit adds up darnit. 

Veemack, Being a habitual length checker, yes,  I am positive :-( I think my bouts with moisture overload has affected that area more than others but I have that under wraps now.  

ETA, Yaya, I hope you don't mind, I did a side by side for you and lightened and contrasted.  

Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 7:39pm
I don't mind at all! I certainly didn't know how to do it...lol. Thanks!

roflmaoLOL you made me go get my tape measure and measure my lipsLOL. From top of the upper lip to top of lower lip is a half inch.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 1:41am
So here are pictures nothing much to see and no noticeable difference tbh. For next month I won't be using oils mainly I made up a concoction of aloe vera juice, peppermint, tea tree and a cream like monisat but it isn't. At least I won't have to wait to heat it up. Smile

Excuse the odd dimensions. I rotated them but that didn't happen. Confused
left shoulder blade -was 21-22cm = now 23-24cm
right shoulder blade -was 20cm = now 20cm
front middle -was 20cm = now 21-22cm
left side -was 19-20cm = now 19-20cm
right side -was 21 cm = now 20cm <<<- Cry that last one made me sad. 
The only thing I learnt from this is ps'ing will be in for life because my hair is at a plateau stage at the moment I can't get out if it. See you next month Wink 

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 12:02pm
Well, my week is over. If my computer/camera worked, I'd post pictures (even though the results weren't dramatic at all). So I may still come back down the road a bit and post my pics so everyone can see.

I can't 100% trust measuring on my head because of the different lengths of each individual strand. BUT. From measuring and averaging things out, I got MAYBE a little over a 1/4 inch this week. Which, is disappointing, as that's my regular growth rate. :(

I still plan to do the challenge again in a month and see what that does for me.

Changes I'll be making next time:
Longer inverted poses (maybe 10 minutes long, twice a day, massaging the entire time)
Will add either cayenne pepper or MSM powder to my oil
May try a different oil (I just heated up olive oil this time)
Might blow dry my scalp afterwards, after adding more oil to my scalp (the oil never stays hot on my scalp once I apply it)

While I didn't gain any extra growth from this challenge, my hair IS much softer now after oiling it daily. So I might continue to oil it more often and see how nice I can get my hair to look. :)

I hope some of you have gotten better results than I have. For now, I'm going to start a new challenge and see what actually helps speed my growth up.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 3:01pm

@Yaya juicy Embarrassed
@Kiki, Sorry it didn't work for you 
@Nattydoll, 20 minutes a day is a bit much. I wouldn't go past 5 minutes because inverting for looooong amounts of time can be VERY dangerous, sometimes more is not better. 

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 2:24am
It's no biggie nothing tried is nothing gained right.

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 1:32pm

@Nattydoll, 20 minutes a day is a bit much. I wouldn't go past 5 minutes because inverting for looooong amounts of time can be VERY dangerous, sometimes more is not better. 

I just feel like since I never felt dizzy or lightheaded in any way, that maybe 4 or 5 minutes at a time simply isn't enough for my body (I DO have poor circulation, to be fair). I even came up quickly from my inversions and felt perfectly fine, and I know that isn't normal. I imagine that means I didn't get enough bloodflow to my head. Maybe that's why it didn't help stimulate extra growth. When I was younger I would always get lightheaded after lying upside down for less than a minute, so it likely is my poor bloodflow (my health has gotten even worse the older I get, haha).

I might try this again sooner rather than waiting a while, since I feel my body didn't get the full benefit to really try it. Although looking back on it, a 1/4 inch in a week isn't too bad, so if I can stimulate even more growth on my next attempt, I should be grateful. Even though 1/4 inch is my natural growth rate, my hair had stopped growing completely before all these hair growth vitamins and massages, so I should be thankful that it's growing at all. :) I pulled some strands from the back of my head, and they're now grazing CBL (I might make it to my short-term goal after all). Even if my second attempt doesn't work wonders, I think I'll still be happy just trying to speed up my natural growth.

Good luck to all you ladies still in the challenge!

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 12:03am
Whether or not you felt dizzy or not, as you invert your body, your heart rate slows down and your blood pressure begins to rise, pressure is placed on your eye sockets.. <----this for near half an hour cannot be good.

This is why it's recommended for a short amount of time unless you are an experienced yogi or done under the careful watch of a doctor/therapist. 

^Just wanted to put 1 more disclaimer to the 99 disclaimers in the video for everyone else. 

-------

BTW, how can I edit a post? TIA! 

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 1:56am
The Lurking Kind? When you used the aloe vera juice did you heat yours up? Don't remember reading if you did or not. If so for how long and how long would you wait until it cooled? Tia

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 12:35pm
No, I used it nice and cool. I did some research on heating it up for better results and could not find anything and came to the conclusion that heat might kill the beneficial properties. 

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 2:12pm
^^^
I think we can only edit our posts a certain amount of hours (24 hrs?) after it is posted.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 9:45am
Thanks love. I will definitely do my aloe vera oil mix. I may not get inches but I find it soothing and relaxing.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 10:49pm
O-m-g O-m-g. I am elated Big smile I am so happy with my results. FYI I used nothing on my scalp.

As you can see this stubborn area was at eye level and 1 week later is now at my cheeks! 1 inch baby 

I got about 1 inch on one side and 1/2 an inch on the other. 

A little less than half an inch. 

Last but definitely not least, these strands were no where near my scrawny collar bones and now voila! Another inch :-)

Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 10:51pm
Great job congrats

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 2:26am
Gwarn theLurkingKind I'm so very impressed can't wait to try this again next month, I have a few stubborn areas that need attention!

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 5:00am
Congrats Lurkingkind, happy for your growth increase, so the front grew this time. Smile I didn't get a chance to do it with you, well I did it one day but this is a busy time of the year for me, I usually come in the house tired, so I missed a few things in my beauty routine. So that didn't fit it with my schedule. I will start again this time I will do it in the mornings that way it will not make a difference if I am tired when I come in for the evening. Again congrats! Blessings!

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 5:51am
NICE!

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 9:10am
Yayyy, congratulations!!! Thumbs Up
I'll be checking mine tonight...

Posted By: fadedjeans15
Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 12:02pm
Those results made me start today! see you next week

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 12:22pm
Congrats girl! That's amazing! You are so lucky! Actually, after looking at your results, I realized my bangs must have grown twice as much as the rest of my hair as well. I'm too focused on the growth in the back, and didn't even realize that my bangs had grown so quickly! If I can manage to measure next month I'll have to measure strands all around like you! Glad someone was lucky enough to hit an inch of growth with this method!

I did used to do yoga in the past, so maybe that along with my poor circulation is the reason I didn't see a spurt in growth. I've noticed my varicose veins starting to come back on the backs of my hands, so maybe I'll do a week on Horse Chestnut next time I try this (even though that stuff gives me awful headaches, it did do wonders for my circulation).

Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 8:24pm
Thank you guys, I'm shocked this still worked without any special oils or concoctions! 

Yes, Veemack, I know! Now, I just need to retain, retain, retain. *sigh*

Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 1:22pm
I will try this again from Monday to Monday. This forum is a good place to track this so whether I'm alone or with others is fine by me.

I will be using mn/clotrimazole, aloe vera, peppermint and tea tree oil this time around.

Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 4:27pm
Kiki I'll be having another go at it next week Sunday to Sunday. The lurking has me eyeballing aloe vera juice as well. I'll decide by Sunday. It will be hard keeping my leave out straight if I use the aloe vere juice.

Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:50am
So, I'm like a week late with my check in... but my hair didn't really grow :-(
I did get about 1/4 inch in the front, but that was it.  Not discouraged though, I will try again in a few weeks :-)
Question:  Are you all doing inversion the same time each day, or just whenever you find time?  Wondering if that makes a difference..

Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:55am
I personally think they are measuring their hair wrong to get these results. Natural hair is very stretchy if not straightened and can give very subjective measurements. Especially if you do not measure perpendicularly at the hairline rather hanging from an arbitrary part across the hair to  gather neighboring ends. Is the tension the same in both measurements, are the same amount of coily ends stretched etc. So these 1" measurements would not stand up to scientific analysis at all.

Hair should be straightened for measurements and measured FROM THE HAIRLINE  PERPENDICULARLY STRAIGHT out  from roots to tip of ONE set of strands Never from an arbitrary part line and never on unstraightened hair. The main problem with these measurements is they are all measured hanging across the head from an arbitrary part. How do you know you do not have the tips from neighboring strands in your measurement instead of measuring only one strand from roots to tip if you have the tape measure laying ACROSS the head down sideways or otherwise... You should grab a strand of hair pull it straight UP from the scalp and measure it from roots to tip when straightened. NOT measure coily hair pulled across the scalp sideways from an arbitrary part! The measuring techniques are a  total joke.

Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 8:15am

Well, if I'm not mistaken thelurkingkind has her hair in threads, and measured the same thread[ed hair], so I believe her results.

With myself, I do agree with what you stated, which is why it took me a while to post, I wanted to be sure I measured the same hair and stretch, but don't know if I did so accurately. So next time I do it I think I want to measure in twists or threads (I have some in now, but that's another post) and/or do so via measurements. I don't straighten my hair often, but I can still tell whether it has grown or not.

Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 8:22am
the thread can slide down the strand during the week especially when pulled constantly. This would make you think there is more new growth from the scalp when the thread just slipped down further. The hair also gets straighter during the week...thus longer. There is nothing precise about it. My measurements of black roots from a haircolor newgrowth are about the most accurate you can get especially since my hair is always straight at the roots 

Hair should have been flat ironed for measurements and measured PERPENDICULARLY UP from the hairline  from root to tip

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 10:21am
this thread keeps reminding me how wacked out of my skull i am because i keep reading the op and thinking 4 minutes tho' thats longLOL

Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 12:13pm
Lord have mercy, LadyAradia, I'm not even going to chop up your statement because it's not about that.
Just because something doesn't work for you or you don't like something for yourself doesn't mean it's not beneficial to anyone else.  Negativity is so unflattering.

But I digress, tatee, I actually like hanging upside down!  I was actually thinking of doing it this evening just because Embarrassed

Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 1:50pm
Shoot, I came in here expecting results pics. Angry Don't be scaredy cats, lol, share with the class. 

Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 5:19pm
Lurking I got you on the 12th or 13th with my next start pics and I'll either post my finished results on the 19th or 20th.

As far as measuring goes I agree you will get more accurate results on straightened hair. But I totally understand that not everyone uses heat. Our hair in it's coily state leaves room for error due to other factors previously mentioned. I measure with the tape measure similaryl described by LadyA and when I post pics it is done with the same piece of leave out after being washed and flat ironed and I use my face(eyes, nose, lips, chin etc) to show it's progression. That's what works for me and I intend to continue to do it that way. If there are any questions, someone will try and provide an answer. If there are any suggestions, tips, or advice I'm always willing to consider them. Everything else will be ignored. Grow on ladies. Wishing you all meet and surpass your goals.

ETA- Ms. Kudos I did mine at relatively the same time each day. Last time I did it in the evening next time I will do it in the mornings.

Date Posted: May 13 2013 at 6:40pm
I am still on for this week. I took my start pic will post later. (I have to charge the camera and locate the chord for the computer) The section of my leave out I use to chart my growth during this install is slightly past my lower lip. After my wash/ deep condition and flat iron session my nape felt like it was on fire. It is better now but I know I have to get a handle on my hairline and nape. I must say that my hairline is improving slowly but surely. I don't think it is affecting my growth but I am optimistic about it getting better.

Date Posted: May 13 2013 at 9:48pm
re-started this again tonight so we will see how it goes.

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 2:08am
I couldn't take any pictures for this as my camera charge has gone walkabouts. I only have measurements which was 20cm in all parts. Can't give my results today as my hair was washed yesterday it isn't fully stretched.

Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 7:35am
In the places I measured it went from 20cm to 21cm so that's cool with me see you ladies next month and next time I will have pictures, promise! Big smile

Date Posted: May 16 2013 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

In the places I measured it went from 20cm to 21cm so that's cool with me see you ladies next month and next time I will have pictures, promise! Big smile

So umm I had to google cm in "American" LOL Congrats on the growth but please don't make me invest in a "this post is useless without pictures" gif. :-) 

Date Posted: May 16 2013 at 6:11pm

Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

So umm I had to google cm in "American" LOL Congrats on the growth but please don't make me invest in a "this post is useless without pictures" gif. :-) 
LOL

Date Posted: May 17 2013 at 2:40am
^^ Haha, I promise it was just this one time I'm sorry!!!    *Goes to the naughty corner for 3 weeks*

Date Posted: May 18 2013 at 10:20am
Finally getting a chance to upload my start pic for my May inversion week. I took the pics on Monday May 13 the morning I started. I will take my results pics Monday evening or Tuesday morning after I co-wash, deep condition, and flat iron my leave out. 
http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/OriginalCrownandGlory/media/05a0395d-5081-4696-a49e-9f819f7f4ccf_zpsbf70f3bf.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

I enjoy doing the massaging and inversions and wouldn't mind doing it more often just because it feels good. I massage my scalp at times during non-inversion weeks and I stretch daily so I guess in some form  I do this throughout the month. However during the weeks I dedicate to doing this my inversion follows my massage and I am inverted for a full four minutes straight. I intend to continue using sew-ins to grow my hair out for the rest of this year. My First sew in was done March 17th  after a protein treatment, deep conditioning, and good trim. I kept the sew-in until April 7. I had another sew in installed on April 14 and hope to keep this one in until June 9th. I will have a dusting or trim (which ever is needed) done in June before my next install. I see some splits in my leave out. Maybe I will purchase some fresh shears and s&d the splits. Okay, update complete

Happy Hair Growing to you all!

Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:51pm
My week is up. I co-washed and deep conditioned my leave out. I am still in search of a really good moisturizing deep conditioner. I don't know why I bothered to flat iron my leave out because the humidity did a number on my flat iron job but it will have to make do until my next wash day. Pics to follow.

Date Posted: May 22 2013 at 8:01am
Congrats on the growth Kiki!
I started on Monday, but didn't do measurements like I wanted too...I was tired by the time I did my hair.  Sleepy  But I did get my hair colored a couple of weeks ago, so new growth will show and I WILL MAKE SURE I POST PICTURES  next week!!

Date Posted: May 22 2013 at 8:55am
how much colored roots do you have from the last couple of weeks Ms Kudos?

Date Posted: May 22 2013 at 6:34pm
as promised my results pic. My flatiron job is not so great but I refuse to fry my hair every day. This "natural" is riding around the city looking like I desperately need a touch upLOL.  My reference section is now at the curve where my chin begins. I am happy with my overall growth so far. My next inversion I should be in between installs, looking forward to assessing my whole head. Judging by the base braid on this current install I am experiencing some significant growth. http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/OriginalCrownandGlory/media/6f9800b3-1534-4b64-be41-3657138113a0_zps6fefabb4.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: May 22 2013 at 7:57pm
Congratulations on growing an inch in a week!!! Do you think you will have 4 inches of growth by the end of the month ?

Date Posted: May 23 2013 at 12:37am
Thanks, I wish it was an inch in a week but I am certainly enjoying the growth anyway. To answer your question: heavens no, 4 inches in 4 weeks sounds insane to me at this stage. A little over an inch in a four week span would be more realistic for me at this point. I am still making adjustments along the way to see what the maximum growth for me would be in four weeks. This experience often feels like I am in the middle of a science project; doing research, recording data, and making slight changes over the past few weeks with the goal being to optimize growth. At this point I can only guess based on my experiences what is contributing to the growth I have experienced over the past 8 or 9 weeks. This is the first time that I have focused so much into the growth of my hair. I appreciate this thread because I am able to see my progress monthly and I have added inversions to my calender so I know when I will dedicate a week to doing them. I might attempt doing this for 2 weeks in July or August and see how that works out.

Date Posted: May 23 2013 at 9:21am
Congrats Yaya it looks great!! Tongue 

Print Page | Close Window