Forum Name: Natural Hair Care
Forum Description: General Discussions on Natural Hair Care
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=358779
Printed Date: Dec 17 2017 at 4:32pm

Topic: Realistic expectations of 4c hair
Posted By: afrikan gal
Subject: Realistic expectations of 4c hair
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 7:54am

Anywho, i agree with most of their points, what have you come to accept about your natural hair in 2013? you can be 3a to 4c and still have the same problems.

for me: my hair does not grow 6 inches in a year Cry

Replies:
Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 8:06am
That it shouldn't be straightened with heat AT all. I guess my hair is sooo fine i can't do it without damage. But my hair does like being straight, smh

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 8:07am
And if i try a clay mask for my hair coupled with oil rinse and my hair is still frizzy that'll be one 2

Posted By: mstinycurls
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

That it shouldn't be straightened with heat AT all. I guess my hair is sooo fine i can't do it without damage. But my hair does like being straight, smh

I'm with you on this one!  I'm figuring out that my hair does not like heat at all.  I also I have fine hair and everytime I use a flat iron, i get damage.  I'm staying away from heat this year.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 4:54pm
it's a learning process with any hair type

Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 5:06pm
^^yes to this^^

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 6:05pm
wait I do wash in Gos but they are not with gel it just looks like an Afro~

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

it's a learning process with any hair type

This...I'm 4a/b, but it's a serious learning curve if you're going natural and don't have people immediately in your circle who can point the way.

WNG's are so not an option for me. I learned to find hair bloggers who's textures were closer to mine. It took me forever to find a good reggie that produced consistent healthy results. And I've learned that growth aids are my friend. I went from .25" a month to 1" a month. Smile

Posted By: achampongadjoa
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 10:04pm
Mind sharing your reggie with us? LOL I need that kind of growth!

Posted By: Carmensworld
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 10:31pm
I have 3c-4c hair.How can I have a proper wash n go with all those textures Cry

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 10:49pm
My shrinkage is so severe, that when i tried a Wash-n-go, it just went south within less than an 1/2 hour's time.  i had only 1" of hair on my head. One inch, if that.. if my hair could have reverted even more? i would have had baby dreds.. when it was stretched? it was shoulder length.

Not that i minded the shorter length, but my head is too big to try to "make it work"..Ouch

I felt sorry for my SO when this incident occurred.. We went out together shopping for hair accessories over in Oakland.  Sure enough, the hair kept reverting as soon as the air hit it, and i didn't notice it was happening.

Apparently, the hair style was a fail..Folks thought i was Traci Chapman on steroids...Ouch

granted, she's has the beautiful face/figure and head size for short 4c hair..

Thus, i learned that 4c hair has major/fast shrinkage, not a well-defined curl pattern, mine dries very quickly, needs moisture, and needs to stay in a protective style.

Posted By: Heavy Rotation
Date Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 12:03am
^^^femme, i just have to say that i really appreciate your posts - they are always helpful, funny, and really get your point across clearly.  you should write, if you don't already! :-)

with that said, i completely agree with you...same thing with my hair.  

and another thing that i would say is that bentonite and rhassoul clay are must haves for our hair. i would also say that aussie moist is a great look for the home team - has weight, slip, and moisturizing properties.  All of these properties are win-wins for 4c hair so look for them in any conditioner.

i have also learned that after swimming, no matter how much conditioner you put in your hair, it will shrink into a fro with minimal definition - don't be swayed into thinking that you can rock a defined wash and go (i always think i can after i get out of the water, no idea why).  be ready to embrace that look or put your hair in twists to dry out (pin them up for an immediate look). and then you can rock a twist out if you like or continue to wear the twists.  along those same lines, always swim in twists. so much easier than doing a bun, or, if you're looking for trouble and tangles, swimming with it loose.

Posted By: Queenbeeach
Date Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 5:16am
The second girl needs to know how to edit and get to the point. no1cur about if you are working from home or the snow. 

Posted By: darlinnic
Date Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 7:19am
Heavy and femme..... I'm with you!!

I never never allow my hair to shrink. I only deal with my hair when it's soaking wet.

I want to try bentonite or the terressentials mud wash.

Doesn't Aussie moist have cones?

Posted By: Heavy Rotation
Date Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 9:52am
^^^hey, darlinnic, aussie moist has one cone, but it can be removed with a low-poo cleanser or a co-wash.  also, b/c of how it is chemically structured, it is quite hard for it to build up on itself.  

i try not to use any silicones in my hair - they left films on it sometimes.  and so far, so good with aussie moist. 

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by achampongadjoa achampongadjoa wrote:

Mind sharing your reggie with us? LOL I need that kind of growth!

Lol...of course body chemistry plays a part, but for the most part this is what I do that I found worked for me. My biggest focus in my routine is moisture retention as it's the thing that took me the longest to get under control last year.

#4 is really the thing that's jump started my growth this year. It's the only new thing I've added to my reggie in 2013 that I wasn't doing last year. At the beginning of this year I was grazing APL and I'm now grazing BSL (pending an upcoming much needed trim this week). My end of year goal is MBL, but my long term goal I decided is WL as I get a lot of shrinkage, even on stretched styles like twist outs, so I need to be WL to get a twist out to be the length I want it to be.

1. PS during cold weather months to maintain my ends and moisture, which usually means a FLW that I just tootsie & pin. Or also if I know I'm in a busy season and won't give my hair the attention it deserves.

But regardless of how I'm wearing my hair I always do the following:

2. Minimal to no heat unless I'm doing a length check which is usually every 3 mos or so.
3. Hairfinity (but at times I've used other HSNs) + garlic pill daily
4. Liquid Gold Oil (the one with sulfur in it) applied usually every other day but definitely 2 - 3x a week.
5. On nights when I apply the Liquid Gold I also GHE. So, depending on how moist my hair feels, I'll do this 2 or 3x a week.
6. Drink 64oz of water daily (or as close to it as I can get!)
7. Try to primarily only use all natural products on my actual hair *

• homemade shea butter mix
  • terressentials mud wash
  • ACV rinses
  • homemade flax seed gel for hold

8. Wash hair 2x a month if I'm PSed. If I'm not, depending on my schedule I'll do 1x a week since I'm only air drying and doing twist outs anyway

9. Henna 1x a month or every other month depending on my schedule.

10. Gym 3x a week

11. Try as much as possible to eat healthy! 

12. Don't obsess over my hair and try as much as possible to avoid unnecessary stressors. I know I listed a lot of stuff on here, but I follow the KISS method. 

13. Spritz my hair daily with a water/aloe/essential oils/MSM mix

*The only exception to this is if I go a REALLY long time without washing my hair (in the event that I actually tape a wig down). At that point, I know my scalp is beyond dirty and I will use a store bought shampoo (normally Garnier or Herbal Essences) to make sure that I've truly cleaned my scalp of all oils dirt and build up.

Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

^^^femme, i just have to say that i really appreciate your posts - they are always helpful, funny, and really get your point across clearly.  you should write, if you don't already! :-)

with that said, i completely agree with you...same thing with my hair.  

and another thing that i would say is that bentonite and rhassoul clay are must haves for our hair. i would also say that aussie moist is a great look for the home team - has weight, slip, and moisturizing properties.  All of these properties are win-wins for 4c hair so look for them in any conditioner.

i have also learned that after swimming, no matter how much conditioner you put in your hair, it will shrink into a fro with minimal definition - don't be swayed into thinking that you can rock a defined wash and go (i always think i can after i get out of the water, no idea why).  be ready to embrace that look or put your hair in twists to dry out (pin them up for an immediate look). and then you can rock a twist out if you like or continue to wear the twists.  along those same lines, always swim in twists. so much easier than doing a bun, or, if you're looking for trouble and tangles, swimming with it loose.

Hey, thanks, Miss Rotation.Smile

And you're not so bad yourself!

Yes, the betonite clay is keeper for me.  Great not only for the detox of the hair and scalp, but the face as well.  The rhassoul i'd like to try to change up my "clay" routine every 6 weeks. i'll do some research on it, and see if i can buy it from Amazon.com for a reasonable price.

thanks again for your suggestions for this type hair.

Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Heavy and femme..... I'm with you!!

I never never allow my hair to shrink. I only deal with my hair when it's soaking wet.

I want to try bentonite or the terressentials mud wash.

Doesn't Aussie moist have cones?

thanks for asking that question, Miss Darlinnic.  i have a HUGE bottle of it that i use on my wigs.  (HH and synthetic).. as long as i know there won't be a quick build up, i'll give it a try.  Heck, i betonite clay/ACV every 4-6 weeks anyway.  Anything that's on the hair shaft is quickly clarified.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:57pm
But to put it in a eight minute plus videos though?  With my funky connection speed and self-diagnosed ADD, I can't.  Someone wanna provide cliff notes for me?

Date Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 8:41pm
well, nars,

both of the ladies in the videos pretty much just said the same thing.  And yes, i agree w/someone who posted the second video was not very "straight to the point".. it was nice to know that the YouTuber was working from home because of a snow storm.  Stern Smile

Basically what they were saying?

1) Wash-n-go is a "Wash-n-No".. No such thing.

2) We can't expect "curls"/"waves" or curl definition that we see in with other grades.

3) 4a/b/c hair does grow.  Some grow faster than others

4) If you feel you can't manage the texture of your hair, or try to attain styles that other grades have - then just weave it up. 

(i prefer to wig it up - less dangerous)..

I'm sure i left out a few items, other members can feel free to chime in..

Posted By: kwicherbichen
Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 9:53pm
Type 4 all the way here (A, B and C)

I learned that single strand knots ... learn to deal with em.
I learned that 4C hair shrinks like no other.
I learned that pH stuff really works.

Posted By: Veemack
Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 4:42am
Do not accept the misinformation out there about 4C or tightly coily hair. It does not have to have knots or excessive tangles. So if you want to learn how to not have them, I can show you how. You just need to throw out everything you think you know about 4C hair and embrace the truth about healthy hair. Healthy hair does not get single strands knots a lot. Hair treated in a healthy manner does not get single strand knots. Tangles are not a part of having Afro hair nor tightly coily hair. Your coils do not love each other that much, lol. If you want to stop debating 4C hair and learn the truth go to Coilyqueensrock.com.There you will find about 30 articles on 4C hair or tightly coily hair. Showing you how to get your hair healthy and that it can grow down your back and you do not have to just accept single strand knots. Healthy hair is not for the lazy, but once you get a routine and get your hair healthy your haircare is easy. Just understand that it takes a minute to get there, also understand that it is a mindset change also. My hair is tightly coily and considered 4C. Yet, my hair is MBL, I wash my hair loose most of the time, I also shampoo my hair frequently, I rarely get a single strand knot, rarely, my tangles are minimum, my hair does not shed excessively. My shampoo routine from start to finish only takes 1 hour.... Check this, last night I fell asleep with my hair uncovered and with a twist out. Of course I did not mean to, but sometimes life gets busy and it happens. I am up early this morning so I run my fingers through my hair and it is still moisturized, I do have some tangles, but I have no knots. I have not styled my hair yet, I but I can easily run my fingers through it. My hair is very average, it is not coarse nor is it fine, it is normal density....So again, I say if you want debates okay, BUT if you want to have some good results with your 4C hair visit the website posted above. Learn the CoilyQueens regimen. Blessings!!!!!

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 5:05am
^^^Veemack, you and your hair are gorge!

Posted By: katakana89
Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 6:32am
Veemack I'm trying to stay up on the oiling routine but it's difficult, like keeping up with my water intake and stuff. I gotta set a timer for my water. Might have to get up earlier and do it in the mornings or something.

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Do not accept the misinformation out there about 4C or tightly coily hair. It does not have to have knots or excessive tangles. So if you want to learn how to not have them, I can show you how. You just need to throw out everything you think you know about 4C hair and embrace the truth about healthy hair. Healthy hair does not get single strands knots a lot. Hair treated in a healthy manner does not get single strand knots. Tangles are not a part of having Afro hair nor tightly coily hair. Your coils do not love each other that much, lol. If you want to stop debating 4C hair and learn the truth go to Coilyqueensrock.com.There you will find about 30 articles on 4C hair or tightly coily hair. Showing you how to get your hair healthy and that it can grow down your back and you do not have to just accept single strand knots. Healthy hair is not for the lazy, but once you get a routine and get your hair healthy your haircare is easy. Just understand that it takes a minute to get there, also understand that it is a mindset change also. My hair is tightly coily and considered 4C. Yet, my hair is MBL, I wash my hair loose most of the time, I also shampoo my hair frequently, I rarely get a single strand knot, rarely, my tangles are minimum, my hair does not shed excessively. My shampoo routine from start to finish only takes 1 hour.... Check this, last night I fell asleep with my hair uncovered and with a twist out. Of course I did not mean to, but sometimes life gets busy and it happens. I am up early this morning so I run my fingers through my hair and it is still moisturized, I do have some tangles, but I have no knots. I have not styled my hair yet, I but I can easily run my fingers through it. My hair is very average, it is not coarse nor is it fine, it is normal density....So again, I say if you want debates okay, BUT if you want to have some good results with your 4C hair visit the website posted above. Learn the CoilyQueens regimen. Blessings!!!!!

Wow.. looks as if you've learned quite a few things since you've been on BHM, Veemack..Before we finally educated you?

You made threads stating "There's no such thing as 4c hair".. yes, that was you.  Ouch

You also stated that "Vitamins were a waste of money" and that we should get our nutrients from "just eating healthy", etc.  Talia was one of many advocates for using Vitamins for Hair growth.  Specifically Nioxin.. and you opposed her.

And you look at you now!Smile  You've started a thread just raving about how wonderful vitamins are, and how they absolutely are a "must" for a hair growth regimen. You've even made a "Vitamins for Hair growth Challenge!!" And now? you have a loyal following of young ladies who never knew that you opposed these very ideas several months earlier.

Yes.. Veemanic.. We vets here at BHM have taught you soooo much.

too bad, you will never come down from the pulpit and give BHM the credit for what you are now preaching today.Ouch

you, self righteous, self serving hypocrite.

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

My shrinkage is so severe, that when i tried a Wash-n-go, it just went south within less than an 1/2 hour's time.  i had only 1" of hair on my head. One inch, if that.. if my hair could have reverted even more? i would have had baby dreds.. when it was stretched? it was shoulder length.

Not that i minded the shorter length, but my head is too big to try to "make it work"..Ouch

I felt sorry for my SO when this incident occurred.. We went out together shopping for hair accessories over in Oakland.  Sure enough, the hair kept reverting as soon as the air hit it, and i didn't notice it was happening.

Apparently, the hair style was a fail..Folks thought i was Traci Chapman on steroids...Ouch

granted, she's has the beautiful face/figure and head size for short 4c hair..

Thus, i learned that 4c hair has major/fast shrinkage, not a well-defined curl pattern, mine dries very quickly, needs moisture, and needs to stay in a protective style.

femme i lol'ed so hard at this, men i feel for the hubby

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 10:58am
ShockedShocked

Wow.. looks as if you've learned quite a few things since you've been on BHM, Veemack..Before we finally educated you?

You made threads stating "There's no such thing as 4c hair".. yes, that was you.  Ouch

You also stated that "Vitamins were a waste of money" and that we should get our nutrients from "just eating healthy", etc.  Talia was one of many advocates for using Vitamins for Hair growth.  Specifically Nioxin.. and you opposed her.

And you look at you now!Smile  You've started a thread just raving about how wonderful vitamins are, and how they absolutely are a "must" for a hair growth regimen. You've even made a "Vitamins for Hair growth Challenge!!" And now? you have a loyal following of young ladies who never knew that you opposed these very ideas several months earlier.

too bad, you will never come down from the pulpit and give BHM the credit for what you are now preaching today.Ouch

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 11:00am

hmm, i guess to each his own, whatever works eh
but i do agree with you on the fact alot of the stuff she spouting has been floating around here for years.

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by katakana89 katakana89 wrote:

ShockedShocked

This isn't surprising at all, katakanaLOL

Veemanic Depressive first came on BHM, preaching about how to grow hair.  She was basically sat down or ran out of most of the site.. It doesn't matter whether you're a "professional hair stylist".. you can always learn a lot on this and other hair forums.  Being a "professional" was her claim to fame.

What she does now are what are known as "Hit and Run" Posts. 

they had a ball with her in the weave section before she was finally ran/laughed out of there with her tail between her legs.

thus, she'll venture out on the site every once in a while.  Now she's singing the BHM anthem as if she created all of this information by herself.  Pretty much everything she's preaching now?  is plagiarized from every one else's experience.

One day, she's totally opposed to information - then next thing you know, she's preaching from the pulpit  the very information she debated about.Confused

Thus, she stays down in the growth section with her few plagiarized threads.  And of course, folks who don't know any better - or won't do any research are her loyal followers.  BHM's search engine doesn't help matters either.Ouch

Everything i've ever learned about growing hair, i learned from this site, and LHCF... though i can't stand LHCF, i did learn a lot about nutrition, growing hair, and sexual intercourse from them. and yes, i STILL have to say "Thank you LHCF and BHM" for that..

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 6:08pm
Oh, and...

BLESSINGS!!!!!

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 6:44pm
I remember those posts about her being a professional and using it as a type of crutch...it just sucks realizing someone you thought is trying to give good advice leeched it from others and is acting like it came to them overnight. I never understood the patented/trademark naming, either...
Her blog doesn't have products for sale or tries to get you to buy anything specific. But is is rather odd, that essence of superiority I get from her posts on here. I just thought I was reading it wrong. 

ShockedShocked

This isn't surprising at all, katakanaLOL

Veemanic Depressive first came on BHM, preaching about how to grow hair.  She was basically sat down or ran out of most of the site.. It doesn't matter whether you're a "professional hair stylist".. you can always learn a lot on this and other hair forums.  Being a "professional" was her claim to fame.

What she does now are what are known as "Hit and Run" Posts.  

they had a ball with her in the weave section before she was finally ran/laughed out of there with her tail between her legs.

thus, she'll venture out on the site every once in a while.  Now she's singing the BHM anthem as if she created all of this information by herself.  Pretty much everything she's preaching now?  is plagiarized from every one else's experience.

One day, she's totally opposed to information - then next thing you know, she's preaching from the pulpit  the very information she debated about.Confused

Thus, she stays down in the growth section with her few plagiarized threads.  And of course, folks who don't know any better - or won't do any research are her loyal followers.  BHM's search engine doesn't help matters either.Ouch

Everything i've ever learned about growing hair, i learned from this site, and LHCF... though i can't stand LHCF, i did learn a lot about nutrition, growing hair, and sexual intercourse from them. and yes, i STILL have to say "Thank you LHCF and BHM" for that..

Posted By: YaYaStar
Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 6:45pm
ShockedLOL

Posted By: Queenbeeach
Date Posted: Apr 19 2013 at 8:04am
I love how she slipped the name of her website in there. I thought it was an objective recommendation. 

Date Posted: Apr 19 2013 at 9:12am

Oh my!!!...LOLLOL

Posted By: darlinnic
Date Posted: Apr 19 2013 at 7:24pm
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/no-such-thing-as-4c-hair-or-afro-hair-no-curl_topic348925_page1.html

There's the lank!

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 3:27am

IA.

I'm confuzzled. She says 4c hair doesn't exist but her self advertising leads you to her website that advertises her hair as 4c? And that non twist out or straightened hair equals 'dry and unmanageable'?Confused
http://www.coilyqueensrock.com/2013/03/coily-queens-regimen-builder-worksheet.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.coilyqueensrock.com/2013/03/coily-queens-regimen-builder-worksheet.html

Reminds me of the baggying isn't/is GHE debacle lol.

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 4:41am
When I first read that in the blog I kinda got offended. I love the fluffy fro look when I pick out my 4a hair; it's how I love to wear it Heart I don't think all fluffy non-twist out hair automatically equals to dry and unmanageable Ermm the hair sheen in the before/after pics look the same to me...

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I'm confuzzled.... that non twist out or straightened hair equals 'dry and unmanageable'?Confused
http://www.coilyqueensrock.com/2013/03/coily-queens-regimen-builder-worksheet.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.coilyqueensrock.com/2013/03/coily-queens-regimen-builder-worksheet.html

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 5:05am
Wow, I just read the thread...makes me view her intentions/blog in a different light...maybe the reason she says "non defined/fluffy hair is dry and unmanageable" is bc she doesn't think 4c hair exists?

I'm confused..

But they posed some great examples of 4c in that thread!

Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/no-such-thing-as-4c-hair-or-afro-hair-no-curl_topic348925_page1.html

There's the lank!

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 5:34am
Veemack is fraud plain and simple.  i remember when she used to tell people that she didnt post pics because the pics on bhm were fake.  Or when she'd made false claims about GHE being able to triple hair growth and created new member accounts (word to %20http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/double-triple-your-hair-growth-with-the-ghe-open_topic324875_page65.html" rel="nofollow - coilyque ) to make her thread look appealing to the gullible when in actuality she was having conversations with herself.  and lets not forget her hair secrets that she needed folks to pm her get.  please her hair secret was that she wore braids for 5 years straight and studied hair forums like everyone else.  makes you wonder why she was downstairs talking about it being ok for youtubers to e-beg.  did she start asking for donations yet?

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 10:57am
What a shame. She's on other hair sites and newbies treat her like a savior of hair sometimes.
Now that I think of it, the trademarking told me products or payment is soon to come once enough joins the bandwagon and have before and afters using her bhm method.

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 12:49pm
I couldn't believe this until I found it. Creepy stuff...I don't understand ppl that do stuff like this Disapprove

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/double-triple-your-hair-growth-with-the-ghe-open_topic324875_page65.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/double-triple-your-hair-growth-with-the-ghe-open_topic324875_page65.html

Originally posted by coilyque coilyque wrote:

Originally posted by Ms. Tiki Ms. Tiki wrote:

@Veemack I'm logged in and I still can see your pics:(
Okay thanks for letting me know....

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

when she'd made false claims about GHE being able to triple hair growth and created new member accounts (word to  http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/%20http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/double-triple-your-hair-growth-with-the-ghe-open_topic324875_page65.html" rel="nofollow - coilyque ) to make her thread look appealing to the gullible when in actuality she was having conversations with herself.  

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 12:54pm
So did not mean to derail this thread with so many off topic replies OP Embarrassed the conversation got interesting...

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 2:55pm

When I first read that in the blog I kinda got offended. I love the fluffy fro look when I pick out my 4a hair; it's how I love to wear it Heart I don't think all fluffy non-twist out hair automatically equals to dry and unmanageable Ermm the hair sheen in the before/after pics look the same to me...

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I'm confuzzled.... that non twist out or straightened hair equals 'dry and unmanageable'?Confused
Looks like she thinks fluffy non curly hair is unmanageable because on her site her hair is either always in twists, twistouts or straightened.Dead

Thanks for the link and history tatee! smh.

ETA:I'll gtfo this thread now so it can return to 4c hair talk lol

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 2:59pm

So did not mean to derail this thread with so many off topic replies OP Embarrassed the conversation got interesting...

No, not your fault Kata, it was mine.. be it far from me to not speak the truth when the truth should be told.

Sorry OP.. i'm the one that derailed the thread. 

*to be honest it was that BHM version of "Miss Cleo's" fault. She has no business up here in the first damn place*

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 3:01pm

ahhhhhhh! there she is again!!

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 9:14pm
interesting thread, lol

Print Page | Close Window