Print Page | Close Window

How to get even skin for entire body??

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Skin Care
Forum Name: Dark Spots
Forum Description: Discussion on Dark Spots
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=357260
Printed Date: Jun 18 2018 at 5:06am

Topic: How to get even skin for entire body??
Posted By: gigiglam
Subject: How to get even skin for entire body??
Date Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 12:44am
So I'm curious to know if anyone has used any full body skin products to even out their skin. I have hyperpigmentation on my face from acne scars, but also only my elbows, knees, and other places. It's kind of a pain to try to treat each little scar on my face individually with fade creams and I don't want to go the acid route if I can't use it all over. Does anyone know of a full body soap or wash or lotion that tackles hyperpigmented skin all over. Not really a skin lightener ( stop melanin production), but stops the overproduction as well as lifts dead skin cells that add to the discoloration. I want even beautiful brown skin all over, so if you guys have any suggestions... Puh leaze share!!! And if u have before and after pics please share those too

Replies:
Posted By: Sky.High
Date Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 7:52am
I've also been trying to find out! BUMP!!

Posted By: mallie2348
Date Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 1:12pm
you can use a light AHA all-over.

Posted By: Epifany1
Date Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 10:28am
You can do a milk bath

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 12:00am
how's a milk bath going to help?
can you explain further?Big smile

Posted By: vhawkins
Date Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 4:45pm
Yeah how does the milk bath help?  Help!!!!

Posted By: AngelaLeigh
Date Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 11:17pm
I used to take milk baths 3 times a week & yes it does wonders for your skin when done consistently. I was so tired of the expensive hydo creams from my Dr. that really weren' t working. You take 4 cups of milk, I would use whole milk & sometimes add honey or lemon for a extra kick. Now you have to have some patience as it's not going to work overnight. But over time your skin becomes so smooth & soft & blemish free it's amazing! The only problem I had was as my scars & dark areas cleared up I wasn't using a high enough spf sunscreen & the with mixutre of my crazy hormonoes & sun made it all come back. I now use 80 & 90 & I may try this again as I have some bad splotchy areas on my neck & back that are driving me bananas.

Date Posted: May 01 2013 at 12:03pm
awesome! I gotta try it!

Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 3:45pm
milk is a natural source of lactic acid which helps slough off dead skin cells, softens the skin, and also lightens the skin gradually. I have been doing this for years and even had someone say "girl you got some beautiful skin, whatch do- wash in milk?" It is something that is done is the country areas where I am from. Also if you dont want to do a milk bath, you can instead put pure yogurt (none of the fruity stuff) all over your skin, let it sit about 15-20 minutes and then shower or take a bath. 

Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 3:48pm
so just use the regular plain yogurt?  I will love to try this out!

Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 4:01pm
Yes mam, plain unflavored yogurt 

Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 5:09pm
I'd rather use milk because it is cheaper... yogurt comes in little containers...
But it would probably be easier. I gotta try it soon!

Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 5:33pm
you can get whole milk in powdered form and just add to bath water, that way it will last longer versus having a short expiration date with most jug milk

Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 5:36pm
Epifany1, is your skin smoother, or brighter, or lighter or it has a nice glow?
I don't want to lighten my skin.

Date Posted: May 13 2013 at 10:33am
thank you ma'am

Posted By: Gia2009
Date Posted: May 13 2013 at 1:05pm
My body is different colors all over, but the milk bath seems to time consuming, but that's a good idea about using the powdered milk.

Posted By: Nadiesca
Date Posted: May 13 2013 at 1:36pm
am usind a homemade lactic acid body lotion

Date Posted: May 13 2013 at 1:36pm
I like the idea of the powered milk also.....

Date Posted: May 13 2013 at 1:47pm
what does the lactic acid body lotion does?

Date Posted: May 13 2013 at 5:51pm
I have to stop at 99 cents store to get some milk. I think a litter will be enough for a shower.

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:51am
I will start the milk bath Sunday for two weeks and hopefully I will see a difference in my skin tone....

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by vhawkins vhawkins wrote:

what does the lactic acid body lotion does?
it will make your skin peel so it will even your tone and make your skin soft also

Date Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:07pm
How do I make that?

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: May 20 2013 at 7:30pm
I would think buttermilk would work even more effectively since it has more lactic acid. (Or I think it does)LOL

Posted By: esha wants hair
Date Posted: May 28 2013 at 5:21pm
I live in the Caribbean and we have showers lol (don't judge us) can I just pour the milk on? Or should I use the yogurt as a paste. I'm wondering if i mix buttermilk and yogurt and paste it on how that will work. 

Date Posted: May 28 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

how did you make it? or where did u buy it?

Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 9:53am
I like the whole milk idea bc its not skin lightening, just brightening and removing the cells that make the skin appear dull, but it seems like a lot esp if u dont have a tub lol. Are there any soaps that work like the milk. I saw something about papaya and kojic acid soap, but kojic acid lightens skin by reducing the production of melanin. I dont want that for me, just something that helps with the hyperpigmentation and reveals new glowing skin. Any ideas for soap brands or recipes?

Posted By: Up&Out39
Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 1:22pm
I'm having the same problem. I love my brown/dark skin and DO NOT want to lighten at all so finding anything over the counter is counterproductive because all of them have a lightening agent in them, like hydroquineiahughoa lol. I used to do the milk thing about two years and after awhile, my tub started to stink from the draining of the milk. It was horrid. Maybe because I didnt have good drainage. Ehh, w/e. It was too time consuming too. Having to sit in a bathtub. It felt like a chore LOL I like showers anyway.

I've been reading a blog by diaryofanegress. She's really pro-black, and thinks melanin is our God given right. IA with her. She makes all natural soaps at her home. She has a soap that she made out of tomatoes, and its said to give you an even skin tone. I think the Vitamin C in tomatoes is the thing that gives the even complexion. I remember way back when I read up on lightening products, tomato was listed. People use it as a face mask (kind of like when they put cucumbers on your eyelids). Anyways, it was only 5 bucks. All together $7-8 with shipping. So I bought one. I just ordered it a couple days ago. I will update here if I see any changes.

She also has an oatmeal, milk, and honey bar soap. Here's the link  http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrbanFireProducts - http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrbanFireProducts

Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 1:26pm
Sorry, not 5 bucks. The tomato one is 7..and with shipping, about 9 or 10. Her other soaps are 5. My mistake

Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 1:33pm
OH! And for the girls that are natural with their hair, She also has an all natural shampoo bar and hair yogurt to help grow hair w/o using chemicals, and a beeswax hair thingy (sorry don't know the proper name lol) for braids and locs. I ordered those too. I will update in the natural hair section if those work for me. I feel like I'm on major advertisement mode for her LOL but Supporting a black business is a great thing to do, and when I emailed her asking if the tomato soap was going to take away my melanin, she was SO sweet and humble. Mind you, if the products don't work for me, I will give you an honest review Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 12:21am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

i bought online on a canadian site but if you are located in the US,you can order from lotionrafter.com
To make the lotion i mix it with some body lotion ( a lotion that does not have carbomer)

to make the lotion here is the formulas

Using this formula: C1 x V1 = C2 x V2

C = Concentration
V = Volume

16oz
So you use 2.72 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 16oz 
(16 - 2.72 = 13.28 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 2.72 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 13.28 oz of lotion will yield 16oz of 15% lactic lotion.

14oz
So you use 2.38 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 14 oz 
(14 - 2.38 = 11.62 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 2.38 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 11.62 oz of lotion will yield 14 oz of 15% lactic lotion.

12oz
So you use 2.04 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 12 oz 
(12 - 2.04 = 9.96 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 2.04 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 9.96 oz of lotion will yield 12 oz of 15% -
lactic lotion.

10oz
So you use 1.70 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 10 oz 
(10 - 1.70 = 8.30 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 1.70 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 8.30 oz of lotion will yield 10 oz of 15% lactic lotion.

8oz
So you use 1.36 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 8 oz 
(8 - 1.36 = 6.64 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 1.36 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 6.64 oz of lotion will yield 8 oz of 15% lactic lotion.

Posted By: DarkestBeauty
Date Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 9:17am

I'm trying the milk bath using the powder form and buying a big tub of greek plain yogurt....

Date Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 10:29am
@darkestbeauty let us kno how that work....sound like a winner

Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 1:49pm

@darkestbeauty let us kno how that work....sound like a winner
Np will do thought I had some yogurt in the fridge but I checked last night and it went bad I'll be going to get some today

Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 3:43pm

I think the way you doing it @DarkestBeauty is great for the ones that shower becuz it will be more like a paste......

Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 4:41pm
I bought the yogurt and the powdered milk but I need to Nair. Should I Nair first or wait? 

Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 4:53pm
I would prb nair first @esha wants hair

Date Posted: Jun 06 2013 at 9:20am

Yeah I'm too lazy for baths and I dont like the thought of milk getting in my pum pum LOL I rather stand up and shower and pre paste my self then rinse it all off. Last night I just put the yogurt all over my neck and face it was tingly and stank lol. My face was soft and shinny not oily but it was okay I'm wondering how many times a week should I do this maybe 3 or 4 idk did anyone else try this it may work I have to tell y'all in a couple weeks hopefully I see a big difference my dark spots are dark but slowly lightening I wouldnt mind including this in my regiment.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2013 at 9:43am
I am heading to the super market today to buy my products as well.  I am with you on that @DarkestBeauty, I rather take a shower and paste my body down.  I also have some dark spots that I would love to be lighten rather gone.  Well lets keep each other posted on the progress.....

Good luck!

Posted By: morenaloca
Date Posted: Jun 06 2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by DarkestBeauty DarkestBeauty wrote:

Yeah I'm too lazy for baths and I dont like the thought of milk getting in my pum pum LOL I rather stand up and shower and pre paste my self then rinse it all off. Last night I just put the yogurt all over my neck and face it was tingly and stank lol. My face was soft and shinny not oily but it was okay I'm wondering how many times a week should I do this maybe 3 or 4 idk did anyone else try this it may work I have to tell y'all in a couple weeks hopefully I see a big difference my dark spots are dark but slowly lightening I wouldnt mind including this in my regiment.

this is the first thing I thought Lol

Date Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 8:37am

I am heading to the super market today to buy my products as well.  I am with you on that @DarkestBeauty, I rather take a shower and paste my body down.  I also have some dark spots that I would love to be lighten rather gone.  Well lets keep each other posted on the progress.....

Good luck!

YESSSSS keep me updated I will be doing this because I results asap Big smile And would love to see it work for everyone else!

Date Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 8:41am
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

Originally posted by DarkestBeauty DarkestBeauty wrote:

this is the first thing I thought Lol
Lmao I'm surprised nobody else said something I'm a germ-a-phob and the "something in the milk aint clean" Confused quote popped in my damn head and I just cant BAHAHAHAHA

Date Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 10:15am
lol...too funny but I felt the same way!

Date Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 1:08pm
you  can add a few drops of scented essential oils to the yogurt to help combat the off smell

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 11:43am
I've done the yogurt and powdered milk mask twice so far and it's left my face feeling soft and smooth and not oily at all( I have oily skin). I'm gonna do it every other day for the next week and report back my findings.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 3:03pm
i went to the local store and I purchase my yogurt but could not find the power milk....Is it a certain isle I should be looking for it at. The young man at the store had no idea what i was talking about..(young kid)

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 4:51pm

i went to the local store and I purchase my yogurt but could not find the power milk....Is it a certain isle I should be looking for it at. The young man at the store had no idea what i was talking about..(young kid)
try the section with the canned milk

Date Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by esha wants hair esha wants hair wrote:

try the section with the canned milk

Thanks very much....someone else just told me the same as well and also check the baby isle where the sale milk as well....

Posted By: barbaramory
Date Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 3:11am

Potato acts as a very good bleaching agent. Rub potato slice over the entire body. This would lighten the marks.

Date Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by barbaramory barbaramory wrote:

Potato acts as a very good bleaching agent. Rub potato slice over the entire body. This would lighten the marks.

wow, really?

Posted By: prittyhurr
Date Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 8:59pm
How has this been working for everyone?

Date Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 11:09am
So far my skin is really soft.  I haven't been using like i plan. I was planning on using it Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday but of course that didnt go well.  But overall when I do use it my skin be very soft and has a lil glow.

Posted By: barbaramory
Date Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 5:10am
Try to apply http://www.thebeautyinsiders.com/skin-brighteners - skin brighteners product. The product must contains natural ingredients so that it does not causes any side effects. This product provides natural glow to your skin.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 5:44am
I haven't read through the entire thread but I started using sugar scrubs for my body.  I have a few old acne blemishes on my back and the sugar scrub has helped lighten them a bit.  I also use raw shea butter afterwards.

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:19pm
Does it burn or sting when you use it? And when does it usually begin to peel? What concentration should you use, how often, and how long? Also, you mix it with lotion, have you heard of anyone mixing with Shea butter and olive oil whips? It's like the only thing that keeps my skin moisturized and i was wondering if anyone used that instead of lotion. Sorry i have lots and lots of questions lol

Date Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:22pm

i bought online on a canadian site but if you are located in the US,you can order from lotionrafter.com
To make the lotion i mix it with some body lotion ( a lotion that does not have carbomer)

to make the lotion here is the formulas

Using this formula: C1 x V1 = C2 x V2

C = Concentration
V = Volume

16oz
So you use 2.72 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 16oz 
(16 - 2.72 = 13.28 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 2.72 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 13.28 oz of lotion will yield 16oz of 15% lactic lotion.

14oz
So you use 2.38 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 14 oz 
(14 - 2.38 = 11.62 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 2.38 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 11.62 oz of lotion will yield 14 oz of 15% lactic lotion.

12oz
So you use 2.04 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 12 oz 
(12 - 2.04 = 9.96 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 2.04 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 9.96 oz of lotion will yield 12 oz of 15% -
lactic lotion.

10oz
So you use 1.70 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 10 oz 
(10 - 1.70 = 8.30 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 1.70 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 8.30 oz of lotion will yield 10 oz of 15% lactic lotion.

8oz
So you use 1.36 oz of the 88% LA. And the remainder of the 8 oz 
(8 - 1.36 = 6.64 oz) is made up of lotion.

So 1.36 oz of 88% lactic acid plus 6.64 oz of lotion will yield 8 oz of 15% lactic lotion.

Does it burn or sting when you use it? And when does it usually begin to peel? What concentration should you use, how often, and how long? Also, you mix it with lotion, have you heard of anyone mixing with Shea butter and olive oil whips? It's like the only thing that keeps my skin moisturized and i was wondering if anyone used that instead of lotion. Sorry i have lots and lots of questions lol

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 8:07pm

how's a milk bath going to help?
can you explain further?Big smile

Milk contains Lactic Acid.

Date Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 8:30pm
Dr Ian Smith (T.V) also suggest putting Oatmeal in a panty hose to use in your bath water.
I have used the Yogurt religiously for more than a month. It does brighten the skin, but unless you are using a really good sunscreen, and avoiding the sun whenever possible the new skin emerging will darken.

I am going to start using Kojic Acid Soap, not because I want to lighten my normal skin tone, but to get back to my normal complexion. (Issues with hyperpigmentation.) You just have to know when to stop, otherwise it looks artificial

Date Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 5:44am
omg I had completely forgotten this thread; I gotta try the milk tips.

Date Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 11:29pm

omg I had completely forgotten this thread; I gotta try the milk tips.

Have you ever ventured over to 'skincaretalk' forum. Lots of great info there.

No offense to BHM, but the main focus here is 'hair', and their focus is skin

Date Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 7:45pm
Amlactin lotion on sale at Costco $4.00 off, 10/30-11/20. This lotion contains lactic acid !!!!

Date Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:58am
I did a Salt Soak (Epsom Salt) for 17 mins. That was torture, I am strictly a shower person.

I spent most of yesterday looking up a good process for making, and properly using Lactic Acid Lotion.

I will get some Amlactin Lotion today from Costco to try it out before investing time, money, and hope on a DIY. If the Amlactin works well, and I have no issues with 12% Lactic Acid, then it's on to DIY.

I just want to be rid of this Permatan

Date Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 4:23pm
Apparently my Kojic Acid Soap is at the Post Office , I am off to Costco for my Amlactin , so let the exfoliation begin.

Posted By: girlysquared
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 6:57pm
I had dark spots from acne on my face and I used Clear Essence Medicated Fade cream to lighten them. I now use the cream on my elbows, knees etc. The important thing when using any lightener is to use sunscreen as well so that you don't redarken the area! I like CE's My Natural Beauty Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 15. Its super thick and velvety. Hope that helps. www.clearessence.com

Posted By: willowy
Date Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 11:53am
Try mixing some vitamin E oil in with your usual body lotion. Apparently D'alpha vitamin e oil is best as its natural. It's more expensive than the Dl'alpha vitamin e oil which is synthetic, but the D'alpha is much more effective so best if you want faster results.
http://ebonny.hubpages.com/_HR1/hub/DarkSpots

So I'll be looking to get the oil WITHOUT the letter L after the D in D'alpha when I next buy vitamin e oil.

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 8:43am
So I've found an acid peel that might work for the entire body. Its called Maxi peel, and it evens and brightens skin by removing the top dull layer of skin. There is a girl on you tube who used it. I found out she was on a skin lightening journey so she used like bleaches and stuff, but I'm not into that at all. But this is like a fast, non painful exfoliator, that gets rid of hyper pigmentation and reveals newer younger looking skin faster then a milk bath would. You actually peel all over, but from all the reviews i've read it does not hurt, just looks weird  during the shedding phase lol. It's kinda like green peeling oil if anyone has ever tried that. I plan to use it once on my entire body and once every 2 months or so on my hyper-pigmented areas like knees and elbows. To maintain I plan to use my shea butter olive oil mix to moisturize bc it does wonders for keeping my skin hydrated and glowy and to do milk baths. I'll let u know how it goes. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5c-yBEuhpQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5c-yBEuhpQ

Posted By: PrincessMasi
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 3:31pm
Lovely! I'm so gonna try these milk baths. Really want even toned skin from top to toe. My problem is my inner thighs. I may use hq on there

Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Hunny134 Hunny134 wrote:

Hi how long did the process take to see a change in your skin?

Hi Hunny134

Who are you directing your question to ?

What are the skin issues you want to correct ?

Posted By: Thyckecutie
Date Posted: Oct 15 2014 at 9:09am
I know for smooth skin I have been using Franks Coffee Rub which works after first use but how can I use milk in the shower? I don't have time for baths but if I buy powdered milk can I make that into a mask or some type of paste for my body. Looking more to use this for my face then body as I don't have dark marks but discoloration in my skin

Posted By: marianclare
Date Posted: Oct 31 2014 at 10:25pm

Drink lots of water. Water is responsible for cleansing skin from the inside out and preventing wrinkles. Keeping our body well hydrated will keep our skin looking plump and fresh. Exercise regularly. Working out doesn't just affect your size and weight, but helps to generate new skin cells which keeps your complexion even and young.

Posted By: Ma Nolan
Date Posted: Nov 30 2014 at 8:59am
hi gals, google on glutathione and vitamin c injections. this is what i have decided to use. am booking appointment for my first session. this is probably what these celebrities use.

Posted By: daynighthealthcare1
Date Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 4:06am
You can use Mederma cream for reducing the acne scar and treat your hyperpigmentaion with benzyl peroxide 5% cream also use aloe Vera gel to use skin where you find pain as well as any other issue.

Posted By: blackberry64
Date Posted: Jan 29 2015 at 1:28pm
A paste of powdered milk, pure lemonjuice, and a little honey should help.. try application right after using a good scrub like apricot to buff away deaf skin.. the scrub works better on slightly damn skin rather than while ur still in the shower..then apply the paste leave on foe 10 mind rinse off. Do twice a week.. should work

Date Posted: Feb 15 2015 at 5:15pm

Print Page | Close Window