Print Page | Close Window

Married to Medicine

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=357202
Printed Date: Aug 17 2018 at 8:29pm

Topic: Married to Medicine
Posted By: sweet_n_stuff04
Subject: Married to Medicine
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:10pm
That reality tv show about female doctors and doctor's wives. I'm overseas and can't watch it Cry. Does anyone know if it came out yet? I looked on the websites where I would stream free tv shows but I haven't seen it anywhere Disapprove

Replies:
Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:10pm
Thumbs Down it came on yesterday

Posted By: starliteboo
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:11pm
Yes it premiered last night after Housewives of ATL

Posted By: Fcgriffin
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:12pm
Don't waste your time.  That show was ridiculous.

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:13pm
It was on yesterday. I watched about 5 seconds then flipped to How Do They Do It and watched them change the light bulbs in the Eiffel Tower. 

Posted By: PurplePhase
dang I missed it!

Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

It was on yesterday. I watched about 5 seconds then flipped to How Do They Do It and watched them change the light bulbs in the Eiffel Tower. 

sounds interesting. channel?

Posted By: BeatriceBean
It came on last night. IMO the show is turrible. Cancel that bish!

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:15pm
@BB:
oh is that why there was no thread? That's why I missed it! I blame bhm lol

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:20pm

lol, it got a few posts in the RHOA thread. I think most shows get lumped into other threads until it's decided if they're good or not. It just seems like more of the same.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:22pm
so it's on the same channel as RH? I'll look for it next time.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

SCI, The Science Channel. I think.

Posted By: TiffanyinTX
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:30pm
Why is it awful?

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

SCI, The Science Channel. I think.

did you used to watch How It's Made too? I loved that show.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:42pm
Yep!

And OMG, there used to be a show on the Style channel called Stripped, it was a beauty product version of How It's Made. Man I was heated when they stopped making that show.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:44pm
it will be online in another day or so. try 1channel.ch

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 2:20pm

Yes. Sunday nights at 9pm on Bravo.  But don't blame BHM for wasting an hour of your life! lol

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 2:29pm
What about preachers daughters? I watched one episode

Of course the black girl was wildin out

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Yes. Sunday nights at 9pm on Bravo.  But don't blame BHM for wasting an hour of your life! lol

Thanks!
don't know why I thought RH was on VH1.LOL

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 2:34pm
Watched if after RHOA, it's the same ole reality show nonsense, may check it out one more time to see if it gets more interesting but for now meh...I was more intrigued by the personalities of the husbands especially the one that sounds like Mike Tyson

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 2:46pm
it's sooo bad and i will watch just about anything...all these women bragging about their husband's accomplishments and getting them wrong..ugh get a life and a degree

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 2:57pm
I thought the show was about female doctors, not wives of doctors.  Glad I didn't watch it. BOOOOO!

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I thought the show was about female doctors, not wives of doctors.  Glad I didn't watch it. BOOOOO!

i believe 2 are actually doctors
it'd be much better if it were all doctors

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:03pm
I was done within the first 5 minutes, but I deaded this mess forever when that one woman was grandstanding about the University of Chicago. 1. She didn't attend, 2. No, Obama didn't attend either, and 3. nobody needs to be convinced that the University of Chicago is a fantastic school. Sit all the way down with this nonsense.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:05pm

I was done within the first 5 minutes, but I deaded this mess forever when that one woman was grandstanding about the University of Chicago. 1. She didn't attend, 2. No, Obama didn't attend either, and 3. nobody needs to be convinced that the University of Chicago is a fantastic school. Sit all the way down with this nonsense.

LOL

she was like "who do u know who goes to Duke and University of Chicago?!!"

i was like ....uhm...I can think of a couple...womp...

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:17pm
Yeah, I was thinking, so clearly this circle isn't THAT exclusive lol

It's an accomplishment for sure but nothing to get hype over.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:24pm
I hate I missed it!

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:43pm
I heard it was the highest rated show for the network since that Bethany show.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:44pm
I found it on Itunes...for free! Pretty disappointed though...it's beyond scripted and I hated how they jumped right into the drama with barely a back story to it. I didn't understand why Quad made it seem like she just so happened to discover her husband's mug shot...she knew it was there the whole time Ermm

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:53pm
Quad..
She spoke in some country, wanna be Gospel preacher, riddled way that irritated the hayle out of me.
Her. name.is....QUAD..

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Quad..
She spoke in some country, wanna be Gospel preacher, riddled way that irritated the hayle out of me.
Her. name.is....QUAD..

She is a bonafide hoodrat....are you serious with that U of Chi comment? I can't! 

And you know "Quad" is short for something most people cannot pronounce.

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 5:23pm
I watched. I cant help but to feel they are trying to find a RHOA replacement because I feel like that show will be ending soon

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 5:42pm

Yeah, I was thinking, so clearly this circle isn't THAT exclusive lol

It's an accomplishment for sure but nothing to get hype over.

right.LOL  i think i mentioned in the other thread, i guess in their area its a big deal. here in the dc area, you can find tons of folks with two degrees from great schools and careers.

out of the two female doctors, one of them seem a bit off. she wants to prove she doesn't belong in their "circle" when she probably does....

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 6:03pm
One of the girls tries to act like Tamar Braxton. Its so obvious and fake at the same time. 

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Quad..
Her. name.is....QUAD..

She is a bonafide hoodrat....are you serious with that U of Chi comment? I can't! 

And you know "Quad" is short for something most people cannot pronounce.

Yeah I figured quadranicka or quadrishia

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

One of the girls tries to act like Tamar Braxton. Its so obvious and fake at the same time. 
and with Andy gas'ing her up, calling her his favorite, having her on his show last night, basically shoving her down our throats will only make things worse LOL

Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 9:58pm
Mariah reminds me of Vivica A. Fox's character in Two Can Play That Game, same facial expressions and mannerisms....

Posted By: KinksnWinks
Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 7:35am

Thats what I don't like, it's like she doesn't have any personality just trying to make money

Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 7:40am
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

I found it on Itunes...for free! Pretty disappointed though...it's beyond scripted and I hated how they jumped right into the drama with barely a back story to it. I didn't understand why Quad made it seem like she just so happened to discover her husband's mug shot...she knew it was there the whole time Ermm

Thats the other thing, as well, if you are gonna start with drama have a scene where you explain it, I was confused like i started at season 5, I'm probably gonna do the same thing I did with VRules, and stop watching when it gets unbearable, and then watch the reunion

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 10:36am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

i believe 2 are actually doctors
it'd be much better if it were all doctors

Right Pity, I can think of quite a few people that I know personally. She can think of 1, her husband, who went and cherry picked her ass out of the ghetto of Memphis and tried to clean her ass up. Some of these women are as dumb as a vial full of crack rocks!

Wait, who made Mariah mother goose? And did that Female MD. just bring a damn bottle of ABSOLUT???

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 10:39am
i caught some of it...it's stupid and these women need hobbies

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 10:45am
The two doctors have a weird relationship. "I'm an actual doctor and you're not". "I dress cute but you don't". Wtf. I really wish that petition worked.

Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

Mariah reminds me of Vivica A. Fox's character in Two Can Play That Game, same facial expressions and mannerisms....

I think she reminds me of Tamala Jones...the way she looks and talks.

Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 11:27am
I would really like to know if any of the wives had careers/education before they married their husbands. 

I already know Quad doesn't. Nothing about her says... "i used to be a CPA, Cisco engineer, math teacher, etc"... 

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 11:41am
Love Mariah and Dr. Jackie.

Some of them have/ had actual careers and went to college. Kari was a CFO, Mariah's a journalist, Maja owns the Weave Express in ATL, and the other 2 are OB/GYNs.

And then there is Quad. I wish Quad was more refined. If you are going to brag about your husbands degrees, at least represent him well Ironic she married a psychiatrist.

Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by dijah.love dijah.love wrote:

Love Mariah and Dr. Jackie.

Some of them have/ had actual careers and went to college. Kari was a CFO, Mariah's a journalist, Maja owns the Weave Express in ATL, and the other 2 are OB/GYNs.

And then there is Quad. I wish Quad was more refined. If you are going to brag about your husbands degrees, at least represent him well Ironic she married a psychiatrist.

Maybe Quad was his dissertation subject and they fell in love?

Date Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I would really like to know if any of the wives had careers/education before they married their husbands. 

I already know Quad doesn't. Nothing about her says... "i used to be a CPA, Cisco engineer, math teacher, etc"... 

Quad looks like she's knows a lil something about the trap life.

Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:07pm
Yall watch this??  I actually like the two female doctors...they seem very classy so far...

Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:13pm
But all the other ladies are ghetto...I cant understand why Quad keeps bragging about her man...what about ur own education and accomplishments??Wacko

Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:20pm
Ill carry this thread by my damn self!!!

And I also can't believe how fuked up their weaves are...I have seen a few tracks already...Shocked

Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:23pm
But the two female doctors look kinda old...and stressedDead...especially Jackie...I won't look that way...for sureWink...

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:37pm
I like this show.. I love Quad.. What I don't like was the doc's ugly two boys saying their mom wasn't "ghetto".. I'm tired of people always putting down the ghetto... meh, and the white lady who came for Quad's white meat and got shots fired galore is getting on my nerves...

As Quad says, "Every dog has it's day, but it ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun"..LOL

Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:39pm
The only person with a decent weave is Quad... the two female doctors wear their own hair...

Oh and that one doctors husband seems to be a stay at home dad...interesting...

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

I like this show.. I love Quad.. What I don't like was the doc's ugly two boys saying their mom wasn't "ghetto".. I'm tired of people always putting down the ghetto... meh, and the white lady who came for Quad's white meat and got shots fired galore is getting on my nerves...

As Quad says, "Every dog has it's day, but it ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun"..LOL
LOL

Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:51pm
Khari is unattractive...

Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Ill carry this thread by my damn self!!!

And I also can't believe how fuked up their weaves are...I have seen a few tracks already...Shocked

not only are their weaves bad, but their eyeshadow is killing me softly as well

Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 11:41pm

It's not cute to be hood or ghetto, and people are quick to put that label to you if you do something that is deemed black...so I do correct people quickly if they call me ghetto or hood

Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 11:49pm

my gay bestie said the same thing. he was like there is only ONE tamar. LOL

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 11:54pm
I love Quad, she is not for the BS.  Toya is a coon, Jackie is saddity, Simone is...interesting, I like Mariah and Kari is a mess and likes to play victim.  

Posted By: starliteboo
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 12:52pm
I can not stand Quad, she is so rude and has no manners ugh can not stand women like that, but I still will be watching the show

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 12:59pm

But the two female doctors look kinda old...and stressedDead...especially Jackie...I won't look that way...for sureWink...

They probably are old. They most likely didn't hire young doctors intentionally. I have young, pretty doctor friends and family. They make me f$cking sick.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

They probably are old. They most likely didn't hire young doctors intentionally. I have young, pretty doctor friends and family. They make me f$cking sick.
DamnOuch... how u doin Lima?

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:14pm
I'm good. I'm just being hateful. I'm proud of them. I'm just jealous.

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:21pm

girllll the first month of med school will age you about 5 years...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

girllll the first month of med school will age you about 5 years...
hell nawCry... yall aint sh*t...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:24pm
Don't worry CamiK. I know a lot of gorgeous doctors that still look young. You should be fine. I would post their pics, but they aren't mine to post.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:32pm
Thanks Lima...I stay flyCool...Looking forward to tonight's episode... thought I wouldn't like this show due to the petition...but the two female docs definitely keep it classy and authentic...

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:32pm
so, does this show make black doctors look bad?

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

so, does this show make black doctors look bad?

Not so far...imo... the only two female docs don't engage in the drama...Jackie definitely seems peaceful and Simone seems fun... don't see alot of action from the male docs...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:02pm
Peeps who watch this...its on!!!Big smile

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:06pm
That white woman is out of line.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:07pm
They always throw a white one inLOL...my god shes ugly...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:08pm

They always throw a white one inLOL...my god shes ugly...
Her lips are nasty. I think her husband missing around on her.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:10pm
i missed last episode, watching this one...i would slap this heaux talmbout "i would pay you off just to shut u up"

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:10pm
lol@ them being friends...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:13pm
Smh...they are not real friends...lets get back to that bouncing check situation...Wink...its strange the things that ppl truly think about their "friend" once they began to argue...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:14pm
^^^ yep, deep-seated resentments come out real quick LOL

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:18pm
this one wanting to buy a million+ dollar home, will be prolly be broke in 5yrs

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:20pm
Yeah, I just dont see Kerri and her husbands relationship lasting...just strange...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:30pm
wow...weight really is distributed differently...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:32pm
I wish Toya hired a Black architect. She does live in Atlanta. They are there. My SO and I are using a Black realtor for our house hunting.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:33pm
Toya is doing to much, what was wrong with the house they are living in now.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:34pm
I like Toya the least...Confused

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:40pm
LOL so this entire time I thought Ms. Dr. Jackie was gay LOL She kept calling Dr. Simone her "partner" and, man idk...I don't watch this show often, so I was like  Confused when her husband came on LOL

Her husband does give me a gay vibe though...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:42pm
They def need a bigger hair and makeup budget...but  overall I like the showSmile...

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:47pm
Mariah does the most with the lingos  Pinch

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:55pm
I love that Quad corrected Kari on the kind of doctor her husband is. "He's a psychiatrist." The distinction is important. Her husband went to medical school. I feel like Kari did it on purpose to put Quad's husband down. Also, all of the drama is among the doctor's wives, not the Black female doctors. The doctors are actually the picture of class.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:56pm
I watch the show for the first time tonight . Not feeling any of it . The cast needs to hire a Weave doctor . The white lady is sniffing cocaine .

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:59pm
That light skinned one with blonde-ish hair needs Derek J or something. I think her name's Mariah??? I'm not sure if she's a doctor or married to one but that weave is basic. And her eye shadow is angering me.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 9:01pm
I wonder if this show is fake like Big Rich Atlanta

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 9:01pm
heavenly father, they are throwing bows on episode 4 talmbout "daddy's maybe?" 

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 9:07pm
None of the actual doctors seem to be fighting though...so im grateful for that...they seem much to smart for that foolishnessWink...

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 10:03pm
Of course I just turned on this and almost fell out my bed.

Quad on this show? QUAD!!

I went to college with her AND she from Memphis. Lol!

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 10:07pm
missed again!

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

How was she back in the day??? I adore Quad.. She's funny as hail...

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 10:13pm

Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

How was she back in the day??? I adore Quad.. She's funny as hail...

I haven't watched the show before.

She is real straight to the point. 'Keeps it real/bougie hood'. She is 100% Memphis but shes a smart girl.

Im in awe. This made my day. Lol!

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 10:23pm
^^ She's the same way on the show.. Now you made me Heart her even more..

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 10:27pm
Im watching it now for the first time & I feel like I'm back at State. Lol!

Glad she's doing well. Lol!

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 10:30pm
Watched it and they started with drama from the gate....
Medical mistress"   somehow I got the feeling that Kari was sleeping with her husband while he was married and he left his wife for her and then married her. 

Date Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 10:31pm
someone told me i remind them of Quad...bc i have slogans or 'things' that i say....i was not pleased

Print Page | Close Window