Print Page | Close Window

Found this little gem on Mixed Chicks FB page

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=355318
Printed Date: Jan 23 2018 at 10:47am

Topic: Found this little gem on Mixed Chicks FB page
Posted By: Naturalchick30
Subject: Found this little gem on Mixed Chicks FB page
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:36pm
"heres a thought id like some feedback on...my children are mixed black and white..sure we have about 6 other bloodlines in us but basically...black and white...my childrens birth certificates are labeled 'black'. this annoys me...im white...i carried them for 9 mts, gained the weight was hospitalized for throwing up to much, had the mood swings, the hot flashes etc...why do they have to be labeled black??? I always felt I deserved a right to be on there and would love for a 'b\w' or even biracial...but no..they dont allow that as a option..am I the only one that feels a little short changed here?...my kids world is mostly with my side.the family..there dad barely speaks to his family...yet school, drs, everywhere...they are considered black... now im obviously not prejudice, just wondering if im the only one this botheres?"

This post bothers me for some reason.  What do yall think?

Replies:
Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:40pm
Interesting post. I thought there was an option for biracial.

Posted By: katakana89
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:41pm
Why does it bother you?
It doesn't really bother me. I'd be annoyed too if whenever I start having kids they only list the father's race.

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

Interesting post. I thought there was an option for biracial.

Thought so too-never really paid that much attention. I can understand where she's coming from. The children are biracial so I would want that option on there.

Posted By: missdeeluxe
Sounds like she wants to world to know them as "white" to justify her parenting?
Geek

Idk the whole post rubs me the wrong way.

Posted By: newdiva1
she basically wants her side to be ..........iono...acknowledged?  welp.......that one drop rule is a b*tch.  I do believe they have biracial on forms n'sh*t but in real life.....welp....

Posted By: Lady ICE
im annoyed that someone is actually annoyed that only one race is listed. (not you opEmbarrassed)

lol..like i dont know..its not a big deal to me anyways... and why didnt she speak up when
doin the papers in the hospital??GeekErmm

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

she basically wants her side to be ..........iono...acknowledged?  welp.......that one drop rule is a b*tch.  I do believe they have biracial on forms n'sh*t but in real life.....welp....

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:44pm
Um if my black ass pushed out some biracial kids that look albino/white and not mixed at all..i would want them to be considered black regardless.. so i guess i kinda get her..
you came from me , so you are what i am..

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:52pm
should have made better choices about who you allow to put their semen in you

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:56pm
Why does it bother you? She's mad that America basically classifies everyone who has just an iota of blackness as black.

I'd be mad as hell if my child didn't claim their African heritage, so I completely understand where she's coming from and I agree with her. Biracial people can choose to be considered black if they want.. but they're not.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:01pm
ia with her...biracials are not black....

this has to stahp!

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:01pm
I could say so many things about white women that love to sleep with black men , but are racist in every other way imaginable  . Maybe she should Read President Obama book about his father.'

I can't believe she would use the Birthing Process as a reason to declare her children white  . I hope the father is fully aware of her wishes . I would love to see a photo . I hope the children are not effected by the mother selfish butt . SMH

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2010%2F04%2F02%2Fobama-census-choice-afric_n_524012.html" rel="nofollow -
Obama

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2010%2F04%2F02%2Fobama-census-choice-afric_n_524012.html" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:02pm
My heart bleeds for her

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

should have made better choices about who you allow to put their semen in you

Cold-blooded. LOL

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Ya know?! WOMP WOMP; one drop knife cuts both ways. Foh.

Posted By: CuteNSweet
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I could say so many things about white women that love to sleep with black men , but are racist in every other way imaginable  . Maybe she should Read President Obama book about his father.'

I can't believe she would use the Birthing Process as a reason to declare her children white  . I hope the father is fully aware of her wishes . I would love to see a photo . I hope the children are not effected by the mother selfish butt . SMH

IA! What world does she live in??? Black genes are dominant. She needs to get used to the fact that the world sees black. Not oh you came outta a white pucci so you get a pass.   They are listed as black and that statement isn't untrue.   She should have thought about that before she had them. She obviously does not want them viewed as black.   Sorry boo boo in the real world they are conidered nothing special just black.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:17pm
I dont think theres anything wrong with wanting to recognized as being part of her children and who are children are. she feels like shes not being identified as part of the children

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:19pm
summary?

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

summary?

A white woman had kids with a blk guy. Blk guys a absent father his family has nothing to do with them. They wont let her identify the kids as being biracial only black. Shes upset about that  more so since shes the one who is raising the children.

ETA: misread

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:23pm
I swear yall only want biracial kids to be black when its convenient.Dead

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:23pm

if you wanted white children a black man is not the way to get them

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:24pm
her kids are biracial and there should be an option on the birth certificate. They are not black

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:26pm
y'all said mixed ppl are Black 2 weeks ago. what happened? damn.

jr.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:26pm
Where are yall reading that she wanted the children to be labeled "White"Confused

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

summary?

A white woman had kids with a blk guy. Blk guys a absent father his family has nothing to do with them. They wont let her identify the kids as being biracial only black. Shes upset about that  more so since shes the one who is raising the children.

Heart u 

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:28pm
she isnt saying she wants white children from what ive read. she just wants the white in them to be acknowledged because they came from her and she is white.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:28pm

Where are yall reading that she wanted the children to be labeled "White"Confused

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:30pm
judging from her statement, seems like she's the type that

if she didn't know her children personally, and saw them on the street

she would not say they were white

she would mostly likely say they were black

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

jr.

LOL FORREAL

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:33pm
And you are the smartest White chick on the blockLamp

Originally posted by missdeeluxe missdeeluxe wrote:

Sounds like she wants to world to know them as "white" to justify her parenting?
Geek

Idk the whole post rubs me the wrong way.

Many White women want to be able to give their "biracial" babies part of their White privilege so it really irritates them when their children only get labeled Black

She wants to give herself and her family "credit" for raising her children but calling them biracial will give THEM credit? Who is doing the crediting and why is it so important that they know your child was raised by white you?

Sounds like she's a lil salty that her children came out obviously 'mixed-Black' and not obviously 'mixed White' if you ask me

It's like White people completely ignore the history of racial categorizing in this country and it only becomes a problem when they get affected

Sorry but no #sympathyfuxs were given here

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

jr.

LOL FORREAL

LOL

Posted By: Finesseful
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:35pm
This is why half of interracial marriages fail. They think they are gonna get the best of both worlds when it's not that simple. You and your children will have to pick a side. A black man sees his children as black and a white woman sees her kids as mixed.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:36pm
if she wants to claim her children are white amongst other things, she is telling the truth

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:37pm
She needs to get her kids one of these name tags with their racial breakdown.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:38pm
i have no rally cry for her.  choose better next time.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:38pm
Most b/w people identify with black anyways. This really boils down to people wanting to be niccas but not wanting to be niccas.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:39pm
Pity and Bindy ain't sh*t.Dead

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:41pm
i hope the first reply to her statement was a a stern "ain't nobody got time for that" meme

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:43pm
This is a lil OT but it cracked (and creeped me out) me up and it's a lil relevant...

What if Halle Berry were good-looking for a White girl?

Sat 2 Mar 2013 by http://abagond.wordpress.com/author/abagond/" rel="nofollow - abagond

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=j6E8ltjjAZJrRM&tbnid=O6qQhw5spAgASM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.people.com%2Fpeople%2Fpackage%2Fgallery%2F0%2C%2C20034523_1184662_1053599%2C00.html&ei=xZwyUaKeLsmf2QX-pYHQDg&bvm=bv.43148975,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNHdU9VE0leNKJgFjblKO7sGAv_NUw&ust=1362357823318951" rel="nofollow">

What if everything about whites and blacks in America were the other way round?

• America is only 13% white. Whites were brought from Europe as slaves, later freed by President Tubman.
  • Presidents are nearly always black.
  • One Drop Rule: anyone lighter than a brown paper bag or with known white ancestors is “white”. So:
    • Barack Obama is the first white president.
    • Halle Berry is good-looking for a white girl.
    • Langston Hughes is a famous white writer of the Harlem Renaissance, along with Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
    • Angela Davis is a famous white revolutionary.
  • beauty: Some white women bronze their skin, wear brown eye contacts.
    • hair: White women have dreadlocks, corn rows, put chemicals in their hair for an Afro, wear African wigs, etc. Many colour their hair black – bottled brunettes, many with yellow, brown or red roots. Black women touch their hair without asking.
    • Vogue: nearly all the models are black. This month: “Queen of England”, showing a black model in whiteface.
    • Miss America: Nearly always black. Vanessa Williams was the first white woman to win.
    • Pamela Anderson – white trash beauty: ghetto boobs, hanging yellow hair, barbarian blue eyes. She has limited appeal.
  • music: whites invent jazz by bringing together European and African music.
  • film:
    • Most Disney princesses are black.
    • Most film heroes are black men.
    • Whites play white best friends and white trash stereotypes.
    • Halle Berry is the only white woman to win an Oscar for Best Actress – even though Meryl Streep is way better.
    • Gabrielle Union stars in “The Blind Side” where she saves a poor white boy from a life of poverty and violence. He becomes a sports star at her university. What a nice lady!
  • television:
    • White Entertainment Television: shows reruns of “Roseanne”, “Dukes of Hazard”, Vanessa Williams films, country music videos with half-naked women, NASCAR races, etc. Black-owned with white content, unlike the rest of television, which is black-owned with black content.
  • history: Most do not know about the Greeks and Romans, much less about Athens, Aristotle, Julius Caesar or Alexander the Great. World history means West Africa, the Arabs, Egypt. American history means the history of African Americans. Europe is a land of barbarians where they sold their own into slavery.
    • White History Month: schoolchildren do reports on famous whites like Booker T. Washington, the first white man to dine with the president at the Black House.
    • The melting pot: where blacks wiped out the Indians, steered whites and other genetic sewage into ghettos and allowed any pure African to become a Real American.
  • George Zimmerman is killed by a black neighbourhood watchman, Tracy Martin. The black police chief does not arrest Martin till 45 days later after many protests. President Obama says that if he had a son he would look like George Zimmerman.
  • The average IQ of Europe is 70 -  as proved by IQ tests written in Arabic. Like the Neanderthals, whites seem to be an evolutionary dead end.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:43pm
If Garcelle Beauvais sons were labeled white she wouldnt have the right to be upset for them not acknowledging her side?

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:46pm
I swear somethings are just simple and ain't that deep
She is a mother that wants her heritage acknowledged.

What is wrong with that?

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

"heres a thought id like some feedback on...my children are mixed black and white..sure we have about 6 other bloodlines in us but basically...black and white...my childrens birth certificates are labeled 'black'. this annoys me...im white...i carried them for 9 mts, gained the weight was hospitalized for throwing up to much, had the mood swings, the hot flashes etc...why do they have to be labeled black??? I always felt I deserved a right to be on there and would love for a 'b\w' or even biracial...but no..they dont allow that as a option..am I the only one that feels a little short changed here?...my kids world is mostly with my side.the family..there dad barely speaks to his family...yet school, drs, everywhere...they are considered black... now im obviously not prejudice, just wondering if im the only one this botheres?"

This post bothers me for some reason.  What do yall think?

Um...yes she is.  Just because she allowed a black man to have sex with her doesn't mean she is free of racial hang ups.

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:51pm
So you're saying that the one drop rule applies in this case?

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:53pm
lmao.
i hate stupid ppl.

you dont want black kids?? dont allow a black man to skeet in you.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

lmao.
i hate stupid ppl.

you dont want black kids?? dont allow a black man to skeet in you.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:57pm
To get personal, here, in my family, nearly every single generation has had at least one mixed person in it up until my grandparents.  All of them were treated as black.  This has gone on for hundreds of years.  If this woman truly wants her children to be acknowledged as both, society is going to have to change and trying to change an established practice that has been in existence for a good few hundreds of years isn't going to be easy.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:57pm
Wow

“If” Black Women Were White Women
August 23, 2009

In “If Men Could Menstruate,” Gloria Steinem makes the persuasive argument that “Whatever a ‘superior’ group has will be used to justify its superiority, and whatever an ‘inferior’ group has will be used to justify its plight.”

For too long the definition of racism has been a fight between white and black manhood or “who’s the bigger man”, so to speak. We’ve trivialized the existence of gender between both groups of men in favor for discussion of the “bigger issue”.

This has historically enabled white female supremacy—the most unchallenged form of white supremacy—to escape any critical thought.

What if suddenly, instantly, the power of white femininity were transferred to black women?

The answer is clear: Black women would represent value, purity; and based on their natural traits would be worthy of protection and instantly become the objects of universal desire. White women would represent the opposite.

“Beauty tar potion” would become globally popular to get the “black look.” “Dove” would be replaced with a black soap called “Raven” to help exfoliate the skin and bring out subtle hints of melanin.

White female features would be declared violent. Their “jagged” thin lips, “knife sharp” noses, and “harsh” jaw lines would be nature’s way of expressing why men have a natural preference for the soft features of black women. Soft lips, soft cheekbones, and soft, round noses would be proof of natural femininity. Full, pink lips and large, dark eyes would become associated with virginal black girls whose purity must not be compromised. Black female features would thus be said to represent youth.

Straight, blond hair would be considered “wild and unruly” because when the wind blew, it did not stay in place. Women with naturally straight hair would hide their “unruly” and “wild” stick-straight hair in public. The desire for “lightweight hair” that defied gravity would permanently end the use of blow dryers. Keeping one’s natural blond hair wild and straight would become indicative of a political statement.

The anti-aging properties of black female skin combined with soft, curvy bodies would be proof of the overall reproductive health of black women. Scientists would argue that black women were naturally preferred as long term mates and mothers because they were “healthier.” Men’s attraction to women is based on overall health and fertility, after all.

Suddenly, biracial women would be “in” because the hard features of white women wouldn’t prevent the fragile genes of “black beauty” from peeking through. Men would suddenly have the desire to date “ethnic,” non-black women since they would look “closer to black” than blond women—at least they wouldn’t look like white women.

Statistics would equate the fact that white women make up the majority with their “overpowering” and “strong” population. This would be proof that they could handle unsafe neighborhoods. The “strong culture” they would have created amongst themselves would enable them to withstand their lack of protection from predators and criminals. Statisticians would argue that men were attracted to black women innately because they made up a small percentage of the population. “We tend to value what is rare,” they might say.

Men would proclaim that white women deserve sexual objectification because “flat buttocks” allow for deeper penetration. In ghettos across America, men would stand on street corners and yell “Damn! You got a flat ass!” to remind white women of their sexual status in society.

Upper class women would be afraid that their “asses looked flat” since it would represent animalistic and sexual deviance, like white women. Black women’s buttocks, said to protrude farther from the body, would prove that their natural vulnerability made them “less equipped” to handle hardcore sex and rape like white women could.

“I need a strong white woman!” would become a popular “empowering” slogan for exploitative men who rationalized the emotional, financial, and sexual overburdening of white women.

Overweight white nannies would become the “acceptable white women” in popular culture as they do not pose a threat to black female superiority and privilege. Conventionally attractive white women would serve as a sexual threat to black women for single-handedly breaking down the beauty hierarchy.

Hip hop videos would feature men throwing money at “white bitches” bent over in front of the camera to showcase their white asses, eager for deep penetration. Entire songs would be devoted to hatred of “white gold digging bitches” who believed that they were entitled to the financial security in marriage to which black women were entitled. “Penetrable white asses” and “pale-faced hoes” would become the cash commodity for selling entire musical genres.

White women’s “hard” bodies would be deemed more “capable” of fighting off sexual attackers, while the soft curves of black female bodies would become worthy of police protection. White women, despite being at high risk of being victimized by violence and sexual crimes, would not “need” police protection.

Movies would feature black women as the main objects of men’s desire across racial lines while stereotypes of evil, bitter, and oversexed white women would further prove why men of all races simply did not prefer blonds. “We can’t help those to whom we’re attracted,” men would say. “Preference” would become an unconcealed acceptance of discrimination against white women. White women’s anger towards and sadness about the status quo would show their unreasonable jealousy of the innate superiority of black women.

Republicans would ban abortions to protect the virtue of pure, black motherhood and liberals would advocate increasing the number of abortion clinics in “low income” neighborhoods where white women would be the majority. Liberals would claim that white women had “culturally” approved of sexual objectification and were “safe enough” without outside help since they were warned not to touch “in-group issues” with a ten foot pole.

And so on and so forth.

The most important reality is that black feminists would eventually grow tired of being seen as innocent and vulnerable in patriarchy and would fight to erase the commodity of black femininity. “The innocent, submissive, and vulnerable representation of women is what puts us in danger. The rigid category of femininity has contributed to our oppression,” they might argue.

In the back of every black feminist movement we would hear the quiet and dignified pleas of radical white feminists. “But, we do not represent femininity. We are considered strong, incapable of feeling pain, and sexually deviant—but all this has done is increase our likelihood of being in danger. And aren’t we women too?”

As Gloria Steinem wrote, “In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.”

What remains universally evident is that the many justifications for power and privilege are always inherent, always scientific, and always permeate society to the point that they remain deeply buried within our collective consciousness.

Until someone challenges them.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:59pm
The only way she can get these kids to be called mixed is if they are all cast to play  the role of Nina Samone in her younger days.

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:03pm
Becky mad her kids are KNEEGRO?

surprise! surprise!

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:05pm
That was deep. I won't elaborate my feelings as a sista though. Don't wanna be called racist by the bhm rainbow coalition.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:05pm
I definitely get where she is coming from but I don't really feel like it's that big of an issue.  Society is going to look at your children as Black, don't start getting brand new now as if you didn't know.  As far as the doctors and wherever else she said, I believe that you have the option to chose multiple races/ethnicities there.

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:08pm
i think it should be an option which is on many forms nowadays. some biracial folks are fine with being labeled black, and some would like the option of being labeled biracial as to honor both sides.

im one of those who don't see a big deal with bircacial folks calling themselves black, and frankly don't get why others do. 

and as for her rant, she shouldn't be suprised. she should've read up on it beforehand.

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

her kids are biracial and there should be an option on the birth certificate. They are not black

So do you consider Obama black, orrrrr?

Posted By: ms_wonderland
im not feeling any type of way about what she said.

she is this child's mother.  we, as black people, did not conceive, carry, birth, or raise this child.  his/her mother did.  his/her mother is white and she has as valid a reason as anyone to want something to be done about the exclusion of biracial on birth certificates.  unfortunately, it will probably open a can of worms of people who claim to be mixed with this, that, and everything and want it all included on the birth certificate.  but, the fact is, the mother is the mother.

See this is the thing that pisses me off

White people expect Black people to JUMP when they tell us to. They FORCE us to be a community together (Blacks/mixed Blacks) for literally hundreds of years and NOW that they see a benefit from splitting us apart or recognizing very mixed people as is (let's face it, they don't really care about  recognizing truly mixed people as "mixed" cuz then most of us would be categorized as such too), they try to separate us and make US look like the f*cked up ones cuz we don't want change!

That's some ol' bull!
One drop rule is a twisted theology that Whites started and Black people are too mixed up to change sh*t now

That's how I feel about it.

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

To get personal, here, in my family, nearly every single generation has had at least one mixed person in it up until my grandparents.  All of them were treated as black.  This has gone on for hundreds of years.  If this woman truly wants her children to be acknowledged as both, society is going to have to change and trying to change an established practice that has been in existence for a good few hundreds of years isn't going to be easy.

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:10pm
LOL
hol' ya head up chic

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:11pm
I think if you have a new age mindset then do what the hell you wanna do

But stop expecting OTHER people to feel the way you do. We ain't there yet and we should't have to be

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

White people expect Black people to JUMP when they tell us to. They FORCE us to be a community together (Blacks/mixed Blacks) for literally hundreds of years and NOW that they see a benefit from splitting us apart or recognizing very mixed people as is (let's face it, they don't really care about  recognizing truly mixed people as "mixed" cuz then most of us would be categorized as such too), they try to separate us and make US look like the f*cked up ones cuz we don't want change!

That's some ol' bull!
One drop rule is a twisted theology that Whites started and Black people are too mixed up to change sh*t now

That's what pisses me right off, too.  As early as 50 years ago, they wanted nothing to do with my biracial ancestors.  Now that that they are willingly making and acknowledging their half-black kids, NOW they want a special category for them to slip into. FOH.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

That was deep. I won't elaborate my feelings as a sista though. Don't wanna be called racist by the bhm rainbow coalition.
Share my sista. Don't no one curr about the tears of the white woman in the OP.HugLOL

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:21pm
Those who categorized mixed ppl folk as blacks back then and this woman today are not  same ppl. You cant determine any of that based on a paragraph where she clearly says she just wants it to be said that they are both b/w. Its not fair to use their ignorant ideology to dismiss her desires of simply wanting to be recognized as the mother of her own children. 

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Black

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:25pm
Not all biracial children identify as black there should be an option for them.

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:25pm
whats the big deal? she wants her kids to be considered mixed. 
she's part of that child too. Confused

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:26pm
I don't think anyone is arguing against that

I don't just think anyone cares
#whitetears

Those who categorized mixed ppl folk as blacks back then and this woman today are not  same ppl. You cant determine any of that based on a paragraph where she clearly says she just wants it to be said that they are both b/w. Its not fair to use their ignorant ideology to dismiss her desires of simply wanting to be recognized as the mother of her own children. 

Obama is mixed but identifies as black.... I respect his choice.  If he wanted to identify himself as mixed Id respect that just the same but im sure many would "feel some sorta way about it"

Confused

Black

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:28pm

Confused

Black

He considers himself black , no

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

im not feeling any type of way about what she said.

she is this child's mother.  we, as black people, did not conceive, carry, birth, or raise this child.  his/her mother did.  his/her mother is white and she has as valid a reason as anyone to want something to be done about the exclusion of biracial on birth certificates.  unfortunately, it will probably open a can of worms of people who claim to be mixed with this, that, and everything and want it all included on the birth certificate.  but, the fact is, the mother is the mother.

Right . Kids can be cruel . Many will make sure her children remember the mother is White . I would have no problem if the option of biracial was a on a stand form , but like you said how can you make it fair ? We all are mixed with something after slavery in my op . Her children must really look black without any white features i guess . I am proud to be black  . My way of thinking would never work as a white woman lol.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:30pm
if she was that concerned.. she should have read some applications prior to popping kids out.
to see what options would be available to her child.

but i wont feel any kind of sorry for her.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:30pm

That's some ol' bull!

That's what pisses me right off, too.  As early as 50 years ago, they wanted nothing to do with my biracial ancestors.  Now that that they are willingly making and acknowledging their half-black kids, NOW they want a special category for them to slip into. FOH.

as Ben Justice said the term biracial is disingenuous to history and those who don't see it to me are part of thiscolor blind coalition which is just another name for white guilt and an easy way to put a bandaid on the idea of white privilege.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:36pm
@ alias are you mixed? if this is something you don't wanna share I understand. 

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

lmao. 

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:41pm

summary?

i didn't get that he was absent, I thought she said her kids don't have a relationship with his family. b/c he didn't.. 

Regardless the one drop rule is still on the books..it applies mainly b/c regardless to how much white blood you have in you, in most cases when folks look at you, they won't consider you white..  

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:41pm
She should have thought about it b4 she had blk kids period.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by CuteNSweet CuteNSweet wrote:

.... but she didn't. she had mixed kids. LOL

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:48pm
@ flow what's so funny ConfusedCryLOLLOLStern Smile

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:50pm
Lmao!

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Posted By: bigsexylisa
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:52pm
She never said that their father wasn't in their lives.  She said their father's family is not in their lives.  I feel for her.  Just because they have a black father, doesn't mean she shouldn't be legally  acknowledged as their mother.  If you contribute to something, you want to get credit for it.  

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:57pm
i wonder if there are things blacks put work into and never got the credit for?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

let me think about that. lol

i love black ppl... but they really go above and beyond in adapting to help others feel good about themselves.
They are too accommodating.

when her kids are driving down the street--in however many years.. they are driving around in a nice car... but look like their daddy... and some asshole cop decides to bother them.

that cop isn't thinking... let me leave that kid alone. He's mixed. He will be seen as a black man.
shrugs

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

so she wants the world to know to settle her mind from the fact that she had blk babies.   I grew up in Va Beach, mixed kid haven.   Most mixed kids look lightskin black period and most identify as blk. On a rare ocassion the opposite occurs. She needs to get used to the idea of considering her kids blk.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:59pm
but why should a racist cop define their identity? 
sikh's look like muslims.. so they're muslim now?

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:00pm
she's stupid anyway b/c the birth certificate doesn't have the race of the child, only the parents. 

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:01pm
its not just cops.

if i see a black boy on the street.. i will call him black.

when you see someone who looks black.. do you not call them black?
or do you wait until you know where everyone's parents are from before you give them a race?

i dont

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

summary?

i didn't get that he was absent, I thought she said her kids don't have a relationship with his family. b/c he didn't.. 

Regardless the one drop rule is still on the books..it applies mainly b/c regardless to how much white blood you have in you, in most cases when folks look at you, they won't consider you white..  

You're right I misread. I dont adhere to the 1 drop rule just as i wouldnt any other Jim Crow law. Its not a matter of how they define u....any child i gave birth to would be defined by what the races myself and its father....not how  others choice to view it.

so she wants the world to know to settle her mind from the fact that she had blk babies.   I grew up in Va Beach, mixed kid haven.   Most mixed kids look lightskin black period and most identify as blk. On a rare ocassion the opposite occurs. She needs to get used to the idea of considering her kids blk.

thats fine. they have a right to choose their identity, it shouldnt be done for them. 

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:02pm
^^^. But honestly, most mixed kids identify as blk. Also she didn't say they want to be identified as white she saying SHE wants them identified that way.

Posted By: sache1991
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:03pm
A person with a black and a white....are MIXED. F*ck a one drop rule. Confused

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:05pm

its not just cops.

if i see a black boy on the street.. i will call him black.

when you see someone who looks black.. do you not call them black?
or do you wait until you know where everyone's parents are from before you give them a race?

i dont

it doesnt matter what you consider them though, lol. 
if they are mixed, want to be identified as mixed, then that should happen. 

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:05pm

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

summary?

You're right I misread. I dont adhere to the 1 drop rule just as i wouldnt any other Jim Crow law. Its not a matter of how they define u....any child i gave birth to would be defined by what the races myself and its father....not how  others choice to view it.

the birth certificate doesn't have the race of the child only the parents, so she's a dumb ass.. 

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:07pm

^^^. But honestly, most mixed kids identify as blk. Also she didn't say they want to be identified as white she saying SHE wants them identified that way.

Until other blacks tell them they're not. Then what? Right now for this thread mixed kids are now automatically black but in the many upon many other threads concerning this very topics mixed kids are mix and not black. Its like they are Black* but not Black.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:07pm
but according to documentation..

what i want them considered is what they are considered.. lol
so I WINLOL

if they want to check white or black.. or write a little paragraph inside the box when they are older.. do that.

I wouldn't hire them..lol

but their mama wanting it.. gets not a pinch of sympathy from me.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:09pm
lol. ive seen many mixed boxes. 
i know my mixed friends check that box all the time...

so, you kinda don't win. 

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:10pm
her tear stained pillow case tells a different story.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:10pm
how would you guys feel if that mixed kid identified as white?

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:11pm

lol. ive seen many mixed boxes. 
i know my mixed friends check that box all the time...

so, you kinda don't win. 

Yeah its becoming more common as the option alt of   "Other:_____________"

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:12pm

how would you guys feel if that mixed kid identified as white?

then off with its head

but wait,

does this mixed kid look white??

no?

then off with its head

bhm taught me   

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:17pm
if this man came to my job.. and checked white in his race box.. b/c his mama was white.

I'd thank him for coming--- and tell him the position was already filled.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:19pm
UnhappyLOL

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:21pm

if this man came to my job.. and checked white in his race box.. b/c his mama was white.

I'd thank him for coming--- and tell him the position was already filled.

and this bloke?

Print Page | Close Window