Print Page | Close Window

Jet going after Tasia

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=355235
Printed Date: Oct 15 2018 at 8:24am

Topic: Jet going after Tasia
Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Subject: Jet going after Tasia
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 1:47pm
Repost?
http://globalgrind.com/entertainment/jet-magazines-editor-in-chief-mitzi-miller-mocks-fantasia-being-illiterate-apology

Sorry, can someone make link clickable please and thank you!

Replies:
Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 1:51pm

Say What?! Jet Magazine's Editor-In-Chief Mocks Fantasia For Being Illiterate & Issues Apology (DETAILS)

Posted 3 hours 38 min ago by  http://globalgrind.com/celebrities/susannaosborne" rel="nofollow - SusannaOsborne  for Global Grind Staff

http://globalgrind.com/tag/Mitzi+Miller" rel="nofollow">

http://globalgrind.com/tag/Mitzi+Miller" rel="nofollow - http://globalgrind.com/tag/Mitzi+Miller" rel="nofollow - Mitzi Miller , Editor-In-Chief over at JET Magazine, may have been apologizing to singer  http://globalgrind.com/tag/Fantasia" rel="nofollow - Fantasia  on behalf of the mag before, but now she's apologizing because of her own harsh comments...

http://globalgrind.com/entertainment/fantasia-barrino-outraged-over-old-picture-jet-magazine-responds-cover-photos" rel="nofollow -

As we reported a few days ago, Fantasia was upset about the picture JET chose to use for her cover because it was 10-years-old and Fantasia is trying to take her career in a different direction now. Mitzi Miller explained the ordeal and apologized to Fantasia, but then took to her personal Facebook account and blasted the R&B talent for not being able to read!

Mitzi wrote:

“The fact that I wasted an hour of my workday writing a press release to address an issue created by a person who cannot even read it is just… #whyiwannaBahousewife.”

That was definitely way too harsh.

http://globalgrind.com/entertainment/fantasias-baby-daddy-antwaun-cook-break-up-photos#ixzz2LjcYy559" rel="nofollow - Being frustrated is one thing, but making fun of an illiterate person who just happens to be an African American woman, when you're the head of a publication that is supposed to be bigging up Black women... well, that's an entirely different situation. 

Of course, Mitzi later apologized. 

She explained:

"I apologize for the lack of sensitivity shown in my FaceBook post. It was a thoughtless comment made during a moment of frustration. It was unprofessional and not representative of the JET mission, which is to uplift. I regret letting my emotions get the best of me. I am truly apologetic."

Sure you are ... we know how you really feel!

Do you think Mitzi's comment about Fantasia being illiterate was out of line?

SOURCE: http://necolebitchie.com/2013/02/28/jet-editor-apologizes-after-referring-to-fantasia-as-illiterate/" rel="nofollow -  NecoleBitchie  

Read more:  http://globalgrind.com/entertainment/jet-magazines-editor-in-chief-mitzi-miller-mocks-fantasia-being-illiterate-apology#ixzz2ME1VOOt6" rel="nofollow - http://globalgrind.com/entertainment/jet-magazines-editor-in-chief-mitzi-miller-mocks-fantasia-being-illiterate-apology#ixzz2ME1VOOt6

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 1:55pm
Hell yes !

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 1:55pm
I believe more women would be sensitive toward tasia about her illiteracy if she wasnt out there  sleeping with/getting knocked up by married men and then trying to kill her self for them.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 1:56pm
She was way outta line and very unprofessional.

Posted By: brownelovely
It was out of line and unprofessional. I know people like to laugh and joke about it but I honestly don't see anything funny about people being illiterate. It's a struggle for some and I think it's just insensitive. 

Posted By: binky622
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 1:57pm
that was totally uncalled for and more than unprofessional but totally mean.  I am not a fan of hers but that was...wow

Posted By: dijah.love
If Mitzi has to apologize for her lack of professionalism on a personal site, Fantasia should too. Didn't she have some choice words (and grammar) for Jet via Instagram? None of this business should have been made public or taken personally to begin with.

Posted By: tatee
does the apology mean she no longer wants to be a house wifeLOL
but LOL@ her thinking Fantasia was an easy target and no one would care

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:03pm
yes. And as someone who works with a Literacy program, I don't like it.

Posted By: creole booty
Mitzi should've logged in anonomously to a hair forum and said that.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Why were they using a 10 yr old picture?

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:04pm
Bhm won't allow me to edit my post. but I agree that it was way unprofessional and unnecessary, they need to leave Tasia alone.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:09pm
one of the main reasons that people who can't read don't learn, is embarrassment. I don't care for all the jokes/insults about someone who can't read.  If she's trying to learn , I applaud her.  (I thought I'd read that she could read now??)

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:11pm
Didn't she get her GED?

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:11pm
Especially since you're not just making fun of a person, you're making fun of an issue that TONS of people have (especially African American kids). They should've been more professional and mature about it honestly

Originally posted by brownelovely brownelovely wrote:

It was out of line and unprofessional. I know people like to laugh and joke about it but I honestly don't see anything funny about people being illiterate. It's a struggle for some and I think it's just insensitive. 

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:16pm

Mitzi is pretty high and mighty for someone who writes for Jet. I'm sorry but who even still reads Jet?

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

cause the one she wanted to use was terrible saw the info on Wendy and everyone was like really fantasia. She's not attractive at all, but this pic was wayyy better than what she was going to use. They wanted to show her in the best possible light.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:17pm

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Mitzi is mighty high and mighty for someone who writes for Jet. I'm sorry but who even still reads Jet?

LOL
LOL

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:18pm

Mitzi is mighty high and mighty for someone who writes for Jet. I'm sorry but who even still reads Jet?

I was wondering too till I went to a friends house and jet was on the counter.

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

yep. and fantasia was upset about this too. she sent in recent pics and they did not like them so used that one. 

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:23pm
crabs in a barrel 

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:30pm
oh and that lady was completely out of line. so unprofessional and i hope she was reprimanded.

Posted By: KinksnWinks
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:31pm
i'm gonna take the low road and say no, she personally said exactly how she felt on her personal page...tasia can't read, its a fact.....she was being mean, but if the facts hurt your feelings change them i thought it wasLOL funnyLOL...but ive been in a down mood the last couple of days

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

one of the main reasons that people who can't read don't learn, is embarrassment. I don't care for all the jokes/insults about someone who can't read.  If she's trying to learn , I applaud her.  (I thought I'd read that she could read now??)

Yes and that makes this all very sad.  She took an easy shot and wasn't even accurate.  Fantasia very publicly studied for and agonized over getting her GED and it was a huge accomplishment for her on the show.  If she inspired one other person to do it, she did good.   Nvm jump-off ratchetness, she should have gone after her for that if she just wanted to say something mean.   She made herself look very unprofessional.  I would have fired her ass on the spot.   

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 3:07pm
This is hilarious.

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 3:08pm
so unprofessional.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 3:11pm
No, it wasn't out of line to me, maybe just bc it was in the press. I don't understand how in this country, u grow up to be a grown woman and can't read or tried to get someone to help you.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 3:11pm
Very unprofessional and while she is making fun of Fantasia for being illiterate she is making herself look stupid.  How are you going to say something like that on a social networking site and not think anything of it?

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

No, it wasn't out of line to me, maybe just bc it was in the press. I don't understand how in this country, u grow up to be a grown woman and can't read or tried to get someone to help you.

But she did get someone to help her. She worked towards her GED, which she attained in 2010 Confused

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 3:34pm
but we wonder why people call us petty and catty. everyone is so quick to jump on the dumbass side when she was dead wrong.
fantasia knows how to read but clearly some of tall lack comprehension and higher reasoning skills.

but that's the world... a cruel joke based in in accuracy is all good as long as you get a laugh.
speaking of which you can tell a lot about a persons intelligence by what they laugh at...
chew on that.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 3:47pm

While I did laugh at the comment, it was unprofessional.  But she mocked Tasia for working being an analphabet and she is being mocked here for working at a B-level magazine.

apples? oranges? kiwis and grapefruit?

maybe/maybe not

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 3:49pm
None of y'all know how much that woman is getting paid.

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:06pm
Yes, that was very unprofessional and uncalled for.
The only reason why she is sorry for her comment is because she got that spotlight put in her life.
That was how she honestly felt.
You usually find out how a person really feels about you when they are angry.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

While I did laugh at the comment, it was unprofessional.  But she mocked Tasia for working being an analphabet and she is being mocked here for working at a B-level magazine.

maybe/maybe not

not at all.

we are the public... taking shots at someone who did something silly.
none of this comes from our direct professional encounter w/ this Mitzy chick. Our professions aren't directly tied into what we say about her.

she however got into a squabble w/ someone she worked with directly and then took a shot... when she was in the wrong to begin with.

if she lost her job.. I'd laugh.. and say good for you.
and I'm not even a Tasia fan.
I just like when ppl are professional. lol

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

maybe/maybe not

not at all.

none of this comes from our direct professional encounter w/ this Mitzy chick. Our professions aren't directly tied into what we say about her.

she however got into a squabble w/ someone she worked with directly and then took a shot... when she was in the wrong to begin with.

oh i completely agree. just like i speak differently while at work and at home, i conduct myself accordingly. technically this was her speaking at home...it was her personal page...now who on her page is a snitch nicca ...that's that sh*t i dont like

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:24pm
She works at JET tho..........

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:27pm
self-sabotage ... for what?  laughs?  from people that would rat you out in a hot minute?

well you got your laugh and now might lose your job, congrats

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:37pm

maybe/maybe not

not at all.

oh i completely agree. just like i speak differently while at work and at home, i conduct myself accordingly. technically this was her speaking at home...it was her personal page...now who on her page is a snitch nicca ...that's that sh*t i dont like

That's the problem that I think too many people have. The internet ain't your house. Once it's out there and someone sees it, it's a wrap. I'm sure that this woman has a lot of professional contacts listed as facebook friends, some of whom might know or work with Fantasia.

At this level, if she got a problem then she needs to talk to her mama, her man, her best girlfriend but leave the social media therapy alone.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:45pm
lmao..
you gotta be safe on these innynet streets.

she was too flamboyant w/ hers.

just like those racist cops on facebook etc.

once you act up where ppl can see--- lol
dont be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the arse...(lol arse makes me giggle)

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:56pm

That's the problem that I think too many people have. The internet ain't your house. Once it's out there and someone sees it, it's a wrap. I'm sure that this woman has a lot of professional contacts listed as facebook friends, some of whom might know or work with Fantasia.

At this level, if she got a problem then she needs to talk to her mama, her man, her best girlfriend but leave the social media therapy alone.

exactly.

And I'm sure that release is needed. Whenever I hear O say that she and Gaye talk every night I think that's what they're doing (dishing  about how much O hates some of the guests on her show and the 'stars' she has to deal with. LOL

I'd like to overhear some of those talks. I know O probably dishes everybody to gayle.

Posted By: Finesseful
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:59pm
I never got why people in the spotlight talk so damn much.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by dijah.love dijah.love wrote:

If Mitzi has to apologize for her lack of professionalism on a personal site, Fantasia should too. Didn't she have some choice words (and grammar) for Jet via Instagram? None of this business should have been made public or taken personally to begin with.

Confused

Fantasia having choice words about Jet -/- Jet publicly lambasting her. Jet is a "professional" magazine. This is why our businesses are seen as a joke. If Time was to ever do this, not only would they have a lawsuit on their hands but their credibility would tank. Jet had little credibility before and now they're in the negatives. So long.

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:09pm
That was totally uncalled for. 

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:14pm
Man Jet needs to fire that woman.   Y'all gone stop talking about Jet Magazine like thatLOL.  I used to LIVE for that publication.  

[/old lady voice/] Back in my day we ain't have all this innanets ,n carryin on, we had to read the news [/olv]

Jet and Ebony were THE source of Black Entertainment news.

Don't y'all know I was a deprived child with no wifi?  It was tragic!

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:15pm
^^yes I had a personal fondness for Jet.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:16pm

oh well she's a homewrecker who cares

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:38pm
lol.. i'm all for subliminals online.
there are days when i want to curse the ppl i work w/... and for out.

if I "release" online.. that shyt is subliminal as hayle. lol No one to directly connect to the ppl i work w/.

and I laugh at the ppl on facebook that are always saying " end those subliminals.. say it to a persons face"  etc etc.

i'm like bish please.. you dont sign my checks or pay my bills
I say and dont say what i want. lol

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:52pm
I agree with all that say she should be fired and whatever reasons they stated. I don't like fantasia but that isn't okay.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I agree with all that say she should be fired and whatever reasons they stated. I don't like fantasia but that isn't okay.

if u were only nicer to Fab... you and I would be an awesome coupleCry

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:57pm
i like Fanny.

Reprimand who ever did that or worse.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:59pm
she also took a shot a JET with the hashtag #whyiwannaBahousewife.”

if anyone should know that you have to be careful what you write, it should be this chick.

shame.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:05pm
jet posted an old pic of tasia for the cover and tasia didnt like it

the pic they chose was better for a cover

all beef shouldve ended after the apology

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:07pm
Man, the pics she submitted were horrid. They really did do her a favour by picking the 10 year old one

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

^^yes I had a personal fondness for Jet.

Me three.  I used to have a subscription and loved to read it, but hated the girlofthemonthbikini pic.  Used to tear it outLOL

But if this was her personal page, I don't see why she can't vent...just be careful who she vents to.  This is why you don't need 500 "friends".  Everybody aint your friend.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:11pm
yes that 10 yr old pic was better ... there shouldn't be anymore of this back and forth

Tasia has more latitude because we know her to say whatever and she represents herself

However the loose mouthed person in the OP is an employee and represents the magazine, really not her place to get at the celebs that grace their covers

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:18pm
Fantasia has lost weight and is looking really nice lately
When I read about her sexual assault when she was younger and how her father basically said she was asking for it.
I was floored.

I could see why she has issues with men.

Not neccesarily an excuse but it explains a lot for me.
I like her

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:26pm
she has ... and she needs some great cover shots to show it off

as far as the homewrecking thing, I'm hoping she learned her lesson since it cost her so dearly

and Antoine has moved on to 982391 girlfriends since so that chapter is closed

I really hope she gets herself all the way together because she really could do a lot more than she's done

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Fantasia has lost weight and is looking really nice lately
When I read about her sexual assault when she was younger and how her father basically said she was asking for it.
I was floored.

I could see why she has issues with men.

Not neccesarily an excuse but it explains a lot for me.
I like her

^this... I genuinely feel bad for her.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 7:02pm

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

if u were only nicer to Fab... you and I would be an awesome coupleCry

I secretly think he's sexy. Harassing you is more fun than admitting it. Now gimme some lovin.

Posted By: KinksnWinks
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

but we wonder why people call us petty and catty. everyone is so quick to jump on the dumbass side when she was dead wrong.
fantasia knows how to read but clearly some of tall lack comprehension and higher reasoning skills.

but that's the world... a cruel joke based in in accuracy is all good as long as you get a laugh.
speaking of which you can tell a lot about a persons intelligence by what they laugh at...
chew on that.

getting angry at someone's opinion or humor is so enlightening

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:22pm

i like Fanny.

Came out of lurk mode to say I love these head wraps!

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:33pm
Everyone want's to throw "Shade" on one another.
So instead of being open with Fantasia about the pictures she submitted or maybe taking the pics during the interview (a photoshoot), they disregard the pics she submit and put a picture that is of Fantasia 10 years ago.  Had this been the case of any woman on this thread, we would all feel some type of way and would've probably had the same reaction.

So instead of finding a way to remedy the situation, she instead want to throw "Shade"  by bringing up her literacy capabilities. So what if it were her personal facebook page.  She brought her work onto her personal space and talking about a client at that.

I don't read Jet and with the internet at everyone's finger tips, any print publication should tread lightly, especially sorry ass jet.  The only thing they ever had going for them was the beauty of the week.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

i like Fanny.

Came out of lurk mode to say I love these head wraps!

Thanks Quiann!

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 9:16pm
meh to fantashia. 
jonres wraps ~ killin em

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 9:28pm
Thanks SoutherN.
I've been feeling this look lately.

I want to buy some cute ones this weekend

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 12:33am
these media people need to stop taking things to social networks just tacty and hateful

Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 12:39am
i switched browsers to check out these wraps
u were worth it jonesie
making 4 eyed girls look sexymexyEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 12:52am
did they ever give a valid reason for using such an old picture?  magazines do that sometimes but 10 yrs? damn.

Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 1:04am
I notice black magazines always using old pics or pics that previously appeared elsewhere. I always chalked it up to a low budget.

Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 7:31am
damn...

Posted By: sbrownie84
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:36am
That girl needs to be fired.........period. I do love her work since Honey Magazine (dying for a magazine to fit that demographic again) but now I have lost all respect for her. 

Tacky, cruel, mean and just degrading.

Fannie being a homewrecker has nothing to do with anything at this time.........

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:53am
that is real extreme low budget.. they could just ask some another set? Most photographers have 100 to pick from after a shoot. It comes across like they felt she was submitting some K-mart photos. They don't have an in-house photographer?

Posted By: Finesseful
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:56am
How much does it cost to get a photo taken for Jet Magazine? I mean seriously.

Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:40am
The magazine obviously approached Tasia's whole article as some kind of cut rate, ghetto nobody and put anything out there they wanted.  I mean obviously she's too stupid to have any input.  No way they would have done that to Rihanna or Beyonce.  They would be like -

Ms Beyonce we thought these here picture you gave us won't no good, can we take some mo or is you willing to give us some bettah ones?  

For Fantasia they said:

We gon print some bettah pictures than what this ol non-readin hussy gave us.  She lucky we even putting her little nasty tail on the covah.  

Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:44am
Or maybe:

Beyonce article:   Oh my god Beyonce we are such big fans!!  You are the queen of the universe.  We will use any pictures you want.  Even the one with you in the shower in with your awesome sneakers on.  we love you so much!!!

Fantasia article:   Bitch please.   This is JET Magazine!!!!!

LOL

I love me some Bey but I like Tasia too.   Nobody deserves to be treated like that by professionals.  Actually both of the above would be unprofessionalLOL  

Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Man Jet needs to fire that woman.   Y'all gone stop talking about Jet Magazine like thatLOL.  I used to LIVE for that publication.  

[/old lady voice/] Back in my day we ain't have all this innanets ,n carryin on, we had to read the news [/olv]

Jet and Ebony were THE source of Black Entertainment news.

Don't y'all know I was a deprived child with no wifi?  It was tragic!

"USED TO" + "WERE" + "BACK IN MY DAY" = Shade

LOL

Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 12:03pm
LOL busted!  

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

self-sabotage ... for what?  laughs?  from people that would rat you out in a hot minute?

well you got your laugh and now might lose your job, congrats

CryLOL

I laughed because it sounded like a BHMism but definitely unprofessional and wrong.

Print Page | Close Window