Print Page | Close Window

so I want this piercing

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=355213
Printed Date: Oct 17 2018 at 11:23am

Topic: so I want this piercing
Posted By: miana79
Subject: so I want this piercing
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 10:59pm
http://statigr.am/p/400345118626610526_174744926" rel="nofollow">

do I need to do it on both ears??  I know this is peanuts compared to some of you but I gotta work my way up..The only other piercing I have is the regular one for earrings.

Replies:
Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:03pm
Why would u need to do both?..LOL..I see folks with just one most often.I like them

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:07pm
one would be fine get what you want

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:09pm
Get it, its cute...

I got my nose pierced the other day...I love itEmbarrassed

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:10pm
It's cute. I know a white guy who has it.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:11pm
That's a thick area, for me it was painful and took longer to heal than other areas.

I did my homework:
It's called Tragus Piercing-
Piercings through the tragus, the little nub in front of the ear canal, are a common form of ear piercing. This piercing is not known to have a historical basis. 
This piercing can be done with a captive bead ring, barbells or even a labret stud. This piercing should have no effect on hearing, nor is it linked to facial paralysis or any other urban legends.
LOL

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Get it, its cute...

nice...that is next on my list then my clit hood.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
I got my right tragus pierced

Went back the next day to get my left one done

Eventually the one in my left ear became infected and i had to take it out. I no longer have it there

One is all you need... is the lesson here LOL

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:12pm
I like it, but I am scared to get it.

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:13pm
TAKE CARE OF IT! And dont get it too close to the end of your ear because it might reject as it did to my friend.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

That's a thick area, for me it was painful and took longer to heal than other areas.

I did my homework:
It's called Tragus Piercing-
Piercings through the tragus, the little nub in front of the ear canal, are a common form of ear piercing. This piercing is not known to have a historical basis. 
This piercing can be done with a captive bead ring, barbells or even a labret stud. This piercing should have no effect on hearing, nor is it linked to facial paralysis or any other urban legends.
LOL

well that is good to know!Stern Smile

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I got my right tragus pierced

Went back the next day to get my left one done

Eventually the one in my left ear became infected and i had to take it out. I no longer have it there

One is all you need... is the lesson here LOL

good point...which type of earring do you use?

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by MinnyMiss16 MinnyMiss16 wrote:

TAKE CARE OF IT! And dont get it too close to the end of your ear because it might reject as it did to my friend.

Shocked what happen when ur friends' got rejected/

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:20pm
When I got mines done, it I was SHOCKED that it didn't hurt at all!

Katrenia's advice was on point

I think my left ear got infected because when the piercer pierced it, she used the gun and then went back with her hand to make sure the back was pushed in Confused

Yea, bad idea

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:21pm
Rejection sucks....Cry....My nip rings are a timebomb ... but im enjoying them for now...but i know now that its highly possible because of my boob size. 

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:23pm
Ignore this ugly ass ear, my earring looked just like this...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=YofeqFYdO7TQhM&tbnid=B-opO0RdilLh3M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatonearthpan.blogspot.com%2F&ei=fekuUcaYMKji2QXorIHAAQ&bvm=bv.43148975,d.aWM&psig=AFQjCNFRDJd_hb4AJ7MefGoFysTLoGffWA&ust=1362115304338942" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:28pm

When I got mines done, it I was SHOCKED that it didn't hurt at all!

Katrenia's advice was on point

I think my left ear got infected because when the piercer pierced it, she used the gun and then went back with her hand to make sure the back was pushed in Confused

Yea, bad idea

Yes!! I had a similar experience;
My piercing was done with a gun, the gun jammed and the piercer had to push the stud through.
Needless to say, I only have one side done.

I love the look but it made me believe in the statement "Beauty is Pain"

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:51pm

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=YofeqFYdO7TQhM&tbnid=B-opO0RdilLh3M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatonearthpan.blogspot.com%2F&ei=fekuUcaYMKji2QXorIHAAQ&bvm=bv.43148975,d.aWM&psig=AFQjCNFRDJd_hb4AJ7MefGoFysTLoGffWA&ust=1362115304338942" rel="nofollow">

thats cute I think I want one similar...do u still have to put a earring back on it with this type of piercng??

Posted By: ThABxBoRoUgH
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 12:02am
I just got my tragus pierced in mid-january. I'm toward the end of the healing process. Its annoying to sleep on at first and you cannot really use earbud headphones for a few weeks without knocking the piercing around. I couldn't imagine getting both done the same time... I really value sleeping on my side(s).

Got it pierced by a needle and it didn't hurt at all. But I have a high pain tolerance. I ain't no punk lol good luck!

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 12:06am
This is actually really pretty. I may look into it.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 12:10am
clit earringDead

Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 12:11am
Yes you do

You have to sleep weird for several months tho
If you sleep on the side you get in done on you'll have to sleep on your arm and put your ear between the empty space that sits between you arm/shoulder and head

It's not as hard/awkward as it sounds but it can be a lil annoying

From what I remember, I don't think my hole completely healed and earring could be removed for several months

But it's all worth it. I got mine done years ago. I barely wear it in now. I haven't had an earring in it for several months but I know the hole is permanent so Im not worried about it closing up

Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

thats cute I think I want one similar...do u still have to put a earring back on it with this type of piercng??

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:42pm
I got it done guys....I ended up also doing the upper part of my ear because the lady said I am paying for the pair anyways...lol..so far so good, any tips on taking care of it.  they told me but maybe you guys have mopre advice.

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:44pm
good luck. I love it.

I've tried numerous times... and numerous methods.. n numerous types of rings.. to pierce my tragus
but it always rejects.

My only piercing to ever do thatCry

Posted By: KhiaMarie
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:44pm
seasalt soaks?

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

good luck. I love it.

I've tried numerous times... and numerous methods.. n numerous types of rings.. to pierce my tragus
but it always rejects.

My only piercing to ever do thatCry

how do you know when it is rejecting? I have never had it happen to me.

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:52pm
well... it always pushes the earring out.
it gets kind of swollen.. and it hurts...nothing crazy but an annoying type of pain.

usually when that starts up.. I know the deal.. and just remove the earring and take the L. lol

i think its such a cute piercing tho.. especially when you have a cute tiny lil stud in there.. sigh

but yeah.. my ear shuts me down every time.

I've had industrial piercings...no problem
had-cartilage piercings...no problem.
its just that one area of my ear that hates me.

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

well... it always pushes the earring out.
it gets kind of swollen.. and it hurts...nothing crazy but an annoying type of pain.

usually when that starts up.. I know the deal.. and just remove the earring and take the L. lol

i think its such a cute piercing tho.. especially when you have a cute tiny lil stud in there.. sigh

but yeah.. my ear shuts me down every time.

I've had industrial piercings...no problem
had-cartilage piercings...no problem.
its just that one area of my ear that hates me.

oh ok...lol...that sucks you may have to go magneticLOLLOL

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:59pm
im tame now.
no more piercings that aren't hidden...lol

but if i was younger... or had a different job.. I'd give it one more try.

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:01pm
Sorry Im soooo late, but pretty much overtime it just kept pushing out further and further from the origin. I told her to take it out but she didnt, one day she woke up and it was on her bed. It just pushed itself out LOL.

I had my anti tragus done before. LOVED IT! But thats THE thickest part on the ear and it just would not heal. I finally just gave up and took it out.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:24pm
both are cute.

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:32pm
I kind of want my tragus pierced. I'm torn between that and a forward helix.

I think I'm leaning more towards my tragus because I think a forward helix would get caught in my rook piercing. I feel like I would have to get both traguses pierced, though.

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:11pm
I'm curious about clit piercing?? I don't what one, just curious. 
How long is the nani out of commission??
That just seems like some pain when it's healing and your men may not think it's too cute when he has to go without. Stern Smile

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:31pm
I want my nips and hood pierced.  It just looks so pretty to me.

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I'm afraid to ask but what's the "hood"??

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:46pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood_piercing" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood_piercing

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood_piercing" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood_piercing
Thank You,
I thought that was the area. Please miss me with ALL that!!

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 6:03pm
I learned that 100% stainless steel piercings are your friend after claire's effed up my piercings with cheap jewelry.Ermm

Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 7:51pm
I recommend tea tree oil from the vitamin section of the drug store if you have issues healing... i have my forward pinnas pierced and they sucked to heal i kept hitting them with my phone... Finally got them to heal correctly by removing the ring they pierced it with and putting a bar in and using tea tree oil daily. 

Good luck! Thumbs Up

Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 7:53pm
Oh... and hopefully they pierce you with a needle...  I thought most of the cartilage areas were done with them. I wouldn't trust a gun there. 

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 8:29pm
I have both
The one on the right was a bitch to heal but I really didnt have to do more than clean it daily

Unlike alias, I slept comfortably from day 1

Posted By: bigsexylisa
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 9:22pm
I had a tragus piercing for about 2 months.  I got rid of it because it didn't seem to be healing, and I thought it was forming a keloid.  The "keloid" was actually a scab that hadn't fallen off yet--but even still, it hurt too much for too long.

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

I think I'm leaning more towards my tragus because I think a forward helix would get caught in my rook piercing. I feel like I would have to get both traguses pierced, though.

the thing is the forward helix looks better with 2 or more holes but just one looks funny actually I have neve seen anyone do just one hole there.

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

Oh... and hopefully they pierce you with a needle...  I thought most of the cartilage areas were done with them. I wouldn't trust a gun there. 
they used the gun with meDisapprove

Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 10:16pm

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Thank You,
I thought that was the area. Please miss me with ALL that!!

its  the hood i was considering i should have been more clear...

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 8:38am
I could slapp myself..I went to loosen the back of the upper outer helix piercing and ended up pulling out the entire thingDisapprove  what do I do now guys?? do I put back in again?? or????

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 8:49am

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Get it, its cute...

nice...that is next on my list then my clit hood.

Me too   Shocked

Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 9:04am
I want the same, but I hear it hurts, and I wash my hair kinda often...

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 9:05am

I could slapp myself..I went to loosen the back of the upper outer helix piercing and ended up pulling out the entire thingDisapprove  what do I do now guys?? do I put back in again?? or????

Clean and put back if you can

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 10:01am
I was going to get a dermal in my tragus area instead of piercing it as well as my other nostril pierced...and a smiley. I'm trying to convince myself not to waste money, but I know I'll cave.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

I can`t get the damn thing back inDisapprove I got it half way in from the front but I am not able to see the hole on the back to line it up properly!

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 4:19pm
i want this too

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 4:46pm
i did both. they heal really quickly and dont hurt much at all.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 4:53pm

I can`t get the damn thing back inDisapprove I got it half way in from the front but I am not able to see the hole on the back to line it up properly!

puuuuuush LOL

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 5:01pm

puuuuuush LOL

but it hurt like a bishhhOuch

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 5:03pm
lol it's probably not closed yet, but if you cant get it through, let it heal, and redo later if youd like

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 11:11am
so i got mine on tuesday and it didnt hurt.  b4 you can say ouch it was over.  going to clairs hurted more with that darn gun

Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 11:13am
I want the same one 510!

Does your hair ever get caught in it?...How about when washing your hair?

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 11:23am
LOL girl this is a wig lol but no it dont.  I took it off righnt after I got it done.  To me it looks cuter with my short hair.  You only can see it when I pull the hair back.  And they want you to run water over it for 5 minutes and then clean it with this wound wash stuff.  I reall forget I have it unless the inside of my ear itches.  But he stressed that I don't touch it.  I go back in two weeks for a follow up aapt.  I had to go to a tatoo shop to get it done.

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 12:38pm
Lol miana.. Push hard...it will hurt but it will go through life you only knew how many times,I've had to push rings back into stubborn hoes lol
The pain will go away

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 2:59pm

Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

the thing is the forward helix looks better with 2 or more holes but just one looks funny actually I have neve seen anyone do just one hole there.

Oh, I completely agree! Personally, I like the way that it looks with 3 holes, but I feel like I'd have way too much going on in my ears LOL 2 is probably more my steez.

I've seen people with just one and it doesn't look right.

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

so i got mine on tuesday and it didnt hurt.  b4 you can say ouch it was over.  going to clairs hurted more with that darn gun

looks cute! did they use a gun or needle?

I pushed my other one back in and both seem to be healing ok.  I even had my dr. check things out when I did a check up today.

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 3:34pm
This is really pretty. I think I want one.

I also want a tiny stud in my nose, but I think my nose is too big for one and I might be just too old for a tiny nose stud. Ouch

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 4:51pm
they used a needle  they dont supposed to use a gun.  the needle was smaller than the butterfly needle used to get blood drawn.  They use an 18 gauge.

eta:  needle sizes chart
http://www.body-jewelry-shop.com/bodysparkle-measure.pdf" rel="nofollow - http://www.body-jewelry-shop.com/bodysparkle-measure.pdf  

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 4:54pm
On a scale of 1-10, how painful was this piercing? What has the healing process been like?

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 4:58pm
to me pain was maybe a 3.  I have high tollerance.  but he had me take deep breaths in and out and on the exhale is when he pierced it.  Hard to tense up or say ouch when you're breathing out.  Then its over.  No time to say ouch or be mad. lol I got it done on Tuesday.  I was told to run warm water over it everyday for 5 minutes, and then apply the wound wash soloution using a q tip.  It don't bother me and I forget I even have it. 

ets:  I paid for a higher greade earring, titanium b/c Im prone to having piercing being rejected.  The metal is differnt than sterling silver and there's less irritants

Print Page | Close Window