Print Page | Close Window

Did yall hear about this? Man kills drunk driver

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=355206
Printed Date: Dec 16 2017 at 9:28pm

Topic: Did yall hear about this? Man kills drunk driver
Posted By: SweetNovember*
Subject: Did yall hear about this? Man kills drunk driver
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 8:52pm

Thoughts? Would you have done the same?

David Barajas, Texas man, charged in fatal shooting of suspected drunk driver who killed his sons, authorities say

David Barajas

/ CBS Houston/Brazoria County Sheriff's Office

(CBS/AP) HOUSTON - Authorities said Monday that a Texas father was charged with murder in the fatal revenge shooting of a suspected drunk driver who killed two of his children in a car crash,  http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/11/father-arrested-in-fatal-shooting-of-motorist-who-killed-sons/" rel="nofollow - CBS Houston  reports.

David Barajas, 31, and his sons, 12-year-old David Jr. and 11-year-old Caleb, were about 50 yards away from their Houston-area home on Dec. 7, 2012 when a car crashed into them. David Jr. died at the scene, while Caleb died later at a hospital.

Barajas suffered non-life-threatening injuries, according to CBS Houston. His wife, Cindy, was in the truck when it was hit, along with the couple's 8-year-old daughter and 3-month-old son.

Barajas was driving with his family when their truck broke down near Alvin, about 30 miles southeast of Houston. He and his two sons attempted to push the truck when 20-year-old Jose Banda rear-ended their vehicle, CBS Houston reports.

The Brazoria County Sheriff's Department said Banda was intoxicated at the time of the crash. His blood alcohol concentration was reportedly at 0.175, above the legal limit, according to the station.

Neighbors said they heard gunshots minutes after the crash and Banda was later found shot in the head. He was flown to a medical center where he died of his injuries, CBS Houston reports. His death was ruled a homicide.

Brazoria County sheriff's investigator Dominick Sanders said Monday that witnesses told authorities they saw Barajas walk to his home right after the crash and then return a few minutes later and approach Banda's vehicle. Evidence showed one shot was fired, Sanders said.

"Every time we would pursue a lead, it always came back to Mr. Barajas," Sanders said. "We have numerous statements placing him there at the car in close proximity to the victim at the time the gunshot was fired."

Barajas was indicted for murder Friday and turned himself in Sunday. He was held Monday in the Brazoria County Jail on a $450,000 bond.

A search of Barajas' home found ammunition that is consistent with the bullet that killed Banda, but authorities have not located the weapon used in the shooting, Sanders said. He added that the case is "going to be much more difficult if we don't have a weapon."

Gunshot residue tests were done on both Barajas and Banda, and authorities are still waiting for those results, Sanders said.

Investigators also are awaiting DNA test results of some "biological material" that was found at the scene. Sanders declined to elaborate on the material that is being tested.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57568871-504083/david-barajas-texas-man-charged-in-fatal-shooting-of-suspected-drunk-driver-who-killed-his-sons-authorities-say/" rel="nofollow - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57568871-504083/david-barajas-texas-man-charged-in-fatal-shooting-of-suspected-drunk-driver-who-killed-his-sons-authorities-say/

Reminds me of this song:

Replies:
Posted By: Finesseful
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 8:55pm
Can't say I blame him. They aren't harsh enough on drunk drivers.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

I agree. I don't like that they get off with a slap on the wrist just because they happened not to maim or kill anyone the first time around.

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:02pm
I ain't sayin what he did was right.....but I understand.

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:03pm
This is a time when revenge murder should be acceptable.

Posted By: missdeeluxe
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:03pm
I would want to do the same if someone had taken the lives of people I love all because they had a few too many and were too stupid to call for a ride or get a taxi.

It's sad that he'll go to jail for his grief though.

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

This

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:06pm
I never again want to be in a position where I am hurt enough to want to kill a sucka for implicating those whom I love in their irresponsible lifestyles.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:11pm
Texas Justice

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:13pm
temporary insanity ftw!

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:16pm
An eye for an eye. 

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:16pm
I am not going to say whether I feel like he was right for what he done. I will say that I understand and I ain't even mad at him.

That drunk driver took the lives of 2 of his babies.. I cannot imagine what he was feeling or what was going through his head at that time. That is something that didn't even have to happen.

Drunk drivers are not punished enough, especially when they take innocent lives behind their carelessness and selfishness.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:21pm

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:27pm
I can't believe this doesn't happen more often. As much as people kill over bullshyt I can't believe people like George Zimmerman make it to trial.

Posted By: Zuhura
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Texas Justice

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:46pm
While I can understand the "why" it's sad that now his wife and other 2 children will have to be away from him as well...

Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

While I can understand the "why" it's sad that now his wife and other 2 children will have to be away from him as well...
 He might get off,given a sympathetic jury...

Posted By: Finesseful
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

An eye for an eye. 

We need to go back to this. People are really out here being reckless because the legal system is ass backward sometimes. Kill two kids driving drunk you get a man slaughter charge and do a little time in minimum security prison.

I also believe the jury will sympathize with him. Some of them will be parents. Imagine your babies being taken from you by some drunk jackass. His lawyer will play on their emotions. I def wouldn't find him guilty.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:50pm
Damn

and his poor wife

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 10:35pm
I wanted to do the same for the one who killed my mother. Fortunately, they died in the accident. I don't blame him one bit.

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 10:36pm

They sure aren't.

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 1:05am
2 wrongs don't make a right

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:05am
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

2 wrongs don't make a right

True.

It's not right.  But it's ok.  I think the same thing about child molesters. 

They would hate me on the jury.

~kanyeshrug~

Posted By: beautiful_hair
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:12am
They need Matthew McConaughey's closing argument in "A Time to Kill".

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:35am
Originally posted by missdeeluxe missdeeluxe wrote:

I would want to do the same if someone had taken the lives of people I love all because they had a few too many and were too stupid to call for a ride or get a taxi.

It's sad that he'll go to jail for his grief though.

This

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 4:41am
Let this man go.  Time served.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:55pm
sad his others kid won't have a father

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 12:07am
Let Him Free!!!

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 12:07am
this story confuses me.
they broke down outside their house?
they get hit... the father walks in the house and grabs a gun and shoots the man?
did he know he was drunk?

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 12:56am
oh yes i did! i kept forgetting to post about it. the story is a bit confusing though

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 8:11am
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

This is a time when revenge murder should be acceptable.

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 8:13am

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

An eye for an eye. 

We need to go back to this. People are really out here being reckless because the legal system is ass backward sometimes. Kill two kids driving drunk you get a man slaughter charge and do a little time in minimum security prison.

I also believe the jury will sympathize with him. Some of them will be parents. Imagine your babies being taken from you by some drunk jackass. His lawyer will play on their emotions. I def wouldn't find him guilty.
I don't, he's hispanic and in Texas  

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 9:38pm

Basically. I literally shrugged when I read that he shot the drunk driver who just killed his child.

I hope the state loses the evidence before trial.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 9:58pm
I wonder why I never feel like revenge murder would make me feel any better. In none of this scenarios.

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:16am
He'll never feel better, but at least the other guy feels nothing.

Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 6:51am
If i were on the jury I would not find him guilty... poor guyCry

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I wonder why I never feel like revenge murder would make me feel any better. In none of this scenarios.

yeah revenge murder, while i get the premise, that person will die and will suffer no more

kill his family instead

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

oh yes i did! i kept forgetting to post about it. the story is a bit confusing though

I thought I was the only one who felt a little confused by this story.  Maybe its just not written well or something.

Anyway, his lawyer will probably plead extreme emotional distress but they are going to have to explain walking all the way home, walking back and then hiding the gun all while the wife and baby sat in the car and two dead kids on the road?  Very complicated.   

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 10:44am
I would've done the same thing. Can't blame him

Print Page | Close Window