Print Page | Close Window

Why bm choose ww over bw

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=354609
Printed Date: Dec 18 2018 at 1:39pm


Topic: Why bm choose ww over bw
Posted By: soarlikecruz
Subject: Why bm choose ww over bw
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:27am
Has this been posted before? Found it on FB

----------------------------------------

It seems that an article was written to Sister 2 Sister magazine by a Caucasian woman who requested a response from black men. I'm so glad she got what she asked for (and more) !!!

Dear Jamie:

I'm sorry but I would like to challenge some of your Black male readers.

I am a White female who is engaged to a Black male-good-looking, educated and loving. I just don't understand a lot of Black female's attitudes about our relationship.

My man decided he wanted me because the pickings amongst Black women were slim to none. As he said they were either too fat, too loud, too mean, too argumentative, too needy, too materialistic or carrying too much excess ba ge.

Before I became engaged, whenever I went out I was constantly approached by Black men, willing to wine and dine me and give me the world. If Black women are so up in arms about us being with their men, why don't they look at themselves and make some changes.

I am tired of the dirty looks I get and snide remarks when we're out in public. I would like to hear from some Black men about why we are so appealing and coveted by them.

Bryant Gumbel just left his wife of 26 years for one of us Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, the model Tyson Beckford, Montell Williams, Quincy Jones, James Earl Jones, Harry Belafonte, Sydney Poitier, Kofi Anan, Cuba Gooding Jr., Don Cornelius, Berry Gordy, Billy Blanks, Larry Fishburne, Wesley Snipes...

I could go on and on. But, right now, I'm a little angry and that is why I wrote this so hurriedly. Don't be mad with us White women because so many of your men want us. Get your acts together and learn from us and we may lead you to treat your men better. If I'm wrong, Black men, let me know.

Disgusted White Girl, Somewhere in VA

RESPONSE

Dear Jamie:

I would like to respond to the letter written by A Disgusted White Girl.

Let me start by saying that I am a 28-year old black man. I graduated from one of the most prestigious universities in Atlanta, Georgia with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Management. I have a good job at a major corporation and have recently purchased a house. So, I consider myself to be among the ranks of successful black men.

I will not use my precious time to slander white people. I just want to set the record straight of why black men date white women. Back in the day, one of the biggest reasons why black men dated white women was because they were considered easy.

The black girls in my neighborhood were raised in the church. They were very strict about when they lost their virginity and who they lost it to. Because of our impatience to wait, brothers would look for someone who would give it up easy without too much hassle. So, they turned to the white girls.

Nowadays, in my opinion, a lot of brothers date white women because they are docile and easy to control. A lot of black men, because of insecurities, fears, and overall weaknesses, have become intimidated by the strength of our black women. We are afraid that our woman will be more successful than us, make more money than us, drive nicer cars and own bigger houses. Because of this fear, many black men look for a more docile woman. Someone we can control.

I have talked to numerous black men and they continuously comment on how easy it is to control and walk over their white women. I just want to set the record straight. I want A Disgusted White Girl to know that not all successful black men date white women.

Brothers like Ahmad Rashad, Denzel Washington, Michael Jordan, Morris Chestnut, Will Smith, Blair Underwood, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, Samuel L. Jackson, and Chris Rock all married strong black women And, to flip the script, there are numerous white men, in and out of the spot light, who openly or secretly desire black women over white women. Ted Danson, Robert DeNiro, and David Bowie to name a few.

I just don't want a disgusted white girl to be misinformed Stop thinking that because you are white that you are some type of goddess. Remember, when black Egyptian Queens like Hatsepshut and Nitorcris were ruling Dynasties and armies of men in Egypt, you were over in the caves of Europe eating raw meat and beating each other over the head with clubs. Read your history!

It was the black woman that taught you how to cook and season your food. It was the black woman that taught you how to raise your children. It was black women who were breast feeding and raising your babies during slavery.

It is the black woman that had to endure watching their fathers, husbands, and children beaten, killed, and thrown in jail. Black women were born with two strikes against them: being black and being a woman. And, through all this, Still They Rise!

It is because of the black women's strength, elegance, power, love and beauty that I could> never> date anyone except my black Queen. It is not just the outer beauty that captivates and draws me to them. It is not the fact that they come in all shapes, sizes, colors and shades that I love them.

Their inner beauty is what I find most appealing about black women. Their strong spirit, loving and nurturing souls, their integrity, their ability to overcome great obstacles, their willingness to stand for what they believe in, and their determination to succeed and reach their highest potential while enduring great pain and suffering is why I have fallen in love with black women.

I honestly believe that your anger is geared more toward jealousy and envy more so than snotty looks. If this were not so, then why do you continuously go to tanning salons to darken your skin? If you are so proud to be white, then why don't you just be happy with your pale skin? Why do you continue to inject your lips, hips, and breasts with unnatural and dangerous substances so you can look fuller and more voluptuous?

I think that your anger is really a result of you wanting to have what the black woman has.

BOTTOM LINE: If I were looking for a docile woman, someone I can walk over and control, I would give you a call. But, unfortunately, I am looking for a Virtuous Woman. Someone that can be a good wife and mother to my children.

Someone who can be my best friend and understands my struggles. I am looking for a soul mate. I am looking for a sister and; unfortunately, you do not and CANNOT fit the bill.

No offense taken, none given.

Signed, Black Royalty




Replies:
Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:32am
It's probably a repost.
It's contrived and probably made-up.
probably not worth the read either way.


-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me


Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:36am
Originally posted by soarlikecruz soarlikecruz wrote:


Nowadays, in my opinion, a lot of brothers date white women because they are docile and easy to control. A lot of black men, because of insecurities, fears, and overall weaknesses, have become intimidated by the strength of our black women. We are afraid that our woman will be more successful than us, make more money than us, drive nicer cars and own bigger houses. Because of this fear, many black men look for a more docile woman. Someone we can control.

 
I agree with the bolded. 


-------------


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:40am
place holder

i thought he was going to say they give the best head..

*kanye shrugs*

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: pattigurlatl
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:41am
This has been recycled across the internet for at least 5 years now, maybe 10.

-------------
Harriet Tubman - I freed a thousands slaves. I would have freed more had they known they were slaves.

Michael Harriot - She wouldn't have freed any if she was worried about her hair.


Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:56am
This is ancient and fake, but LoL @ too fat

-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?


Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:58am
I'm only 24, I never paid attention to stuff like this 10 years agoSleepy


Posted By: Maple Syrup
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:02am
This right here should tell you how old this letter is

"Bryant Gumbel just left his wife of 26 years for one of us"

This man haven't been relevant since the '90s



-------------
I don't like you human
You remind me of the things I hate in me
I don't like you human
Cause you show me how imperfect I can be
Human
You're so lonely lonely lonely
Human

-Human, Oh Land


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:02am
Originally posted by soarlikecruz soarlikecruz wrote:

I'm only 24, I never paid attention to stuff like this 10 years agoSleepy


well now you know

/shrugs/


-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:03am
Lol


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by soarlikecruz soarlikecruz wrote:

I'm only 24, I never paid attention to stuff like this 10 years agoSleepy

Please don't start now. Ouch


-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:14am
this is what we're doing early in the morning bhm? lol...could've sworn i've seen this before though.

-------------


Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:23am
I hate to be cliche, but why do we care? Confused 
 
Thanks for sharing the letter OP, but it is an old repost. When it was first posted, it was nice to see a BM taking up for BW, but it still begs the question... Why do we care why some BM prefer WW?


Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by soarlikecruz soarlikecruz wrote:

I'm only 24, I never paid attention to stuff like this 10 years agoSleepy

Please don't start now. Ouch


Start what?Confused I've never seen it before and wondered what some you guys' opinions were


Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:29am
Words words words


Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:30am

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I hate to be cliche, but why do we care? Confused 
 
Thanks for sharing the letter OP, but it is an old repost. When it was first posted, it was nice to see a BM taking up for BW, but it still begs the question... Why do we care why some BM prefer WW?



I've never actually heard a response from a male on the topic before


Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by soarlikecruz soarlikecruz wrote:



I've never actually heard a response from a male on the topic before
 
Oh, ok. That makes sense. It is nice to get a male perspective. There are some on youtube too. I honestly think most BM prefer BW. I think what bothers some BW is the growth of that trend. But I don't think the viewpoint of the male response in the OP is atypical. 


Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:59am
both sides had valid points

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?


Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 9:23am
I don't care how old or fake it is. It made my day. Star


Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:26am
Another one...

-------------


Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:41am
Cuz they aint sh*t. Point blank. Self-hating asses.


Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:44am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

It's probably a repost.
It's contrived and probably made-up.
probably not worth the read either way.


this is SUPER old...I remember this from when I was in college and THE online hang out site was collegeclub.com. I know I'm dating myself, but this letter AND the reply are circa 2000.


-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com


Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I hate to be cliche, but why do we care? Confused 
 
Thanks for sharing the letter OP, but it is an old repost. When it was first posted, it was nice to see a BM taking up for BW, but it still begs the question... Why do we care why some BM prefer WW?


You've been thanked and I totally agree. Spend less time worrying about what others are doing and more with getting yourself together. I found my happiness, I found my love, I don't need to walk around with the dusty mouth (a la Kat Williams - pre his crazy days) getting embittered about what someone else WHO I DONT WANT is doing.


-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:


Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I hate to be cliche, but why do we care? Confused 
 
Thanks for sharing the letter OP, but it is an old repost. When it was first posted, it was nice to see a BM taking up for BW, but it still begs the question... Why do we care why some BM prefer WW?


You've been thanked and I totally agree. Spend less time worrying about what others are doing and more with getting yourself together. I found my happiness, I found my love, I don't need to walk around with the dusty mouth (a la Kat Williams - pre his crazy days) getting embittered about what someone else WHO I DONT WANT is doing.


Lol both of y'all found love outside of black men.

Interracial love isn't as easy to accept for those who feel slighted so they need to hear reassurances like this...it's actually sad. It's sad that we are the predominate race who needs reminders that our own men want us...i hope the necessity for this stops.


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:56am
This comments on the first page really tickled me  LOLLOL

But yeah...I really don't care what black men are dating....They could date blue alien chicks and I wouldn't care.


-------------
yo


Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I hate to be cliche, but why do we care? Confused 
 
Thanks for sharing the letter OP, but it is an old repost. When it was first posted, it was nice to see a BM taking up for BW, but it still begs the question... Why do we care why some BM prefer WW?


You've been thanked and I totally agree. Spend less time worrying about what others are doing and more with getting yourself together. I found my happiness, I found my love, I don't need to walk around with the dusty mouth (a la Kat Williams - pre his crazy days) getting embittered about what someone else WHO I DONT WANT is doing.


generally speaking?


Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:57pm
http://blackhairmedia.com/girl-talk/do-black-men-treat-white-women-better/" rel="nofollow - http://blackhairmedia.com/girl-talk/do-black-men-treat-white-women-better/ anyone seen this on the home page?


Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I hate to be cliche, but why do we care? Confused 
 
Thanks for sharing the letter OP, but it is an old repost. When it was first posted, it was nice to see a BM taking up for BW, but it still begs the question... Why do we care why some BM prefer WW?


You've been thanked and I totally agree. Spend less time worrying about what others are doing and more with getting yourself together. I found my happiness, I found my love, I don't need to walk around with the dusty mouth (a la Kat Williams - pre his crazy days) getting embittered about what someone else WHO I DONT WANT is doing.
Yes Gawd Clap I agree with this.


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:04pm
Black men love some me.
They say I taste yummy. 


-------------


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:07pm
Lol Trop.



This pic too.
BHM give no fuks

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:15pm
Not in this Black History Month.....


Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:


Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I hate to be cliche, but why do we care? Confused 
 
Thanks for sharing the letter OP, but it is an old repost. When it was first posted, it was nice to see a BM taking up for BW, but it still begs the question... Why do we care why some BM prefer WW?


You've been thanked and I totally agree. Spend less time worrying about what others are doing and more with getting yourself together. I found my happiness, I found my love, I don't need to walk around with the dusty mouth (a la Kat Williams - pre his crazy days) getting embittered about what someone else WHO I DONT WANT is doing.


Lol both of y'all found love outside of black men.

Interracial love isn't as easy to accept for those who feel slighted so they need to hear reassurances like this...it's actually sad. It's sad that we are the predominate race who needs reminders that our own men want us...i hope the necessity for this stops.


LOL yes, I'm team swirl, but regardless of whether you date in or out...if you constantly focus on the negative stories that reality or media continue to push at us, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. If all you ingest/read/think about in terms of relationships is "who don't want you", "why black men date out", "why black women are considered undesirable", why are you (collective) surprised when your love life is less than ideal?

Not to sound corny, but to make a change you need to be the change. There are plenty of black men who prefer to date their own. There are plenty of men from other races who have no qualms with dating/marrying a black woman. Life - and especially love - is ultimately what you make of it. Embarrassed


-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 2:49pm
IA 100%, model.


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by soarlikecruz soarlikecruz wrote:


Nowadays, in my opinion, a lot of brothers date white women because they are docile and easy to control. A lot of black men, because of insecurities, fears, and overall weaknesses, have become intimidated by the strength of our black women. We are afraid that our woman will be more successful than us, make more money than us, drive nicer cars and own bigger houses. Because of this fear, many black men look for a more docile woman. Someone we can control.

 
I agree with the bolded. 

i hope women don't honestly believe this. LOL
control, haha. 


-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 2:51pm

a meh, a snap and a twist



-------------
Life is good!


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by soarlikecruz soarlikecruz wrote:


Nowadays, in my opinion, a lot of brothers date white women because they are docile and easy to control. A lot of black men, because of insecurities, fears, and overall weaknesses, have become intimidated by the strength of our black women. We are afraid that our woman will be more successful than us, make more money than us, drive nicer cars and own bigger houses. Because of this fear, many black men look for a more docile woman. Someone we can control.

 
I agree with the bolded. 

i hope women don't honestly believe this. LOL
control, haha. 

i've always wondered about this b/c i have come across some truly evil, queen bish white women who do not take shyt.  they're actually really mean.


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 3:52pm
I'm dating a guy who has dated white women in the past.and by dated,I mean seriously dated them. I did feel some type of way about it and still do, but I think I can accept it.

His reason was he liked her as a personand she was cool. Obviously he found her attractive, but men aren't as restrictive about beauty as women can be. Most women have a type we can see ourselves with.some black men will be with a woman who's at least cute and is nice to them.

Oh and some sistas, not all, but some of us can be not so nice in an obvious direct way that scares guys off

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

a meh, a snap and a twist

 
and a pop.


-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: binky622
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Maple Syrup Maple Syrup wrote:

This right here should tell you how old this letter is

"Bryant Gumbel just left his wife of 26 years for one of us"

This man haven't been relevant since the '90s


lawd there is hope for tiger woods yetLOL


Posted By: bebe88
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 5:40pm
They both made good points.

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrittaneyRachel


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:09pm
The WW has a common belief that HER man prefers her to a BW because she is somehow superior however these women feel this way because their BM make them believe this.
WW should understand that many of these BM aren't wanted by most BW.


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:27pm
One thing that comes to my mind is dating and meeting your men; My husband attended a prestigious law school, I would visit him for lunch at that school. By the numerous amount of WW in the cafeteria, I first assumed they were all students however to my surprise the majority of them were just there for lunch. . . to meet men/women.
I was one of the few Sistas regularly present there.  
Some of us may want to make better choices about where we spend our lunch hour. LOL


Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

One thing that comes to my mind is dating and meeting your men; My husband attended a prestigious law school, I would visit him for lunch at that school. By the numerous amount of WW in the cafeteria, I first assumed they were all students however to my surprise the majority of them were just there for lunch. . . to meet men/women.
I was one of the few Sistas regularly present there.  
Some of us may want to make better choices about where we spend our lunch hour. LOL
 
I see a lot of women hanging around the law school, and I never understood what they saw in the men here. Dead


Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:37pm
Interesting.......Geek

-------------


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:40pm
http://oi43.tinypic.com/rlhqub.jpg" rel="nofollow">Click for a larger view


Posted By: missdeeluxe
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 9:36pm
Geek



Print Page | Close Window