Print Page | Close Window

Gay marriages in the church??

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=354541
Printed Date: Dec 13 2017 at 3:46pm


Topic: Gay marriages in the church??
Posted By: miana79
Subject: Gay marriages in the church??
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:00am

I recently read about it being allowed in the U.K and the law even forcing priests to do this in their church. How do you feel about this? Do you think it is wrong for them to impose such laws on the church? or should churches be able to have their own rules and regulations that coincide with the religion rather than govt. laws interfering?

 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9853688/Gay-marriage-priests-to-defy-Church-line-with-same-sex-services.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9853688/Gay-marriage-priests-to-defy-Church-line-with-same-sex-services.html

 

 




Replies:
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:01am
This will happen in States eventually...


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:05am
i thought they were doing that all along..anyways i dont agree with any of this. gross.


-------------


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:06am
Just when you think it can't get any worse....

I hate how these threads remind me of the times coming...


-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:09am
LOL......won't let gays marry in the church, but they let their priest molest lil kids behind closed doors. Too funny. 

-------------
yo


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:10am

And wait, I thought folks were fighting hard to keep religion out of things...only to then get married in the Church??





-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:13am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

LOL......won't let gays marry in the church, but they let their priest molest lil kids behind closed doors. Too funny. 


i tried to thank this twice


-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i thought they were doing that all along..anyways i dont agree with any of this. gross.


You know what now that you mentioned it, I think I heard something similar to this last year too.

Haven't they done this in a church here already? Or something?


-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

This will happen in States eventually...


doubt that unless the church received ovt public funding of some nature


-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:24am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

LOL......won't let gays marry in the church, but they let their priest molest lil kids behind closed doors. Too funny. 
i tried to thank this twice
I thanked it for you Pitty

I fully support gay marriage, but "making" churches marry gay couples is MUCH. The option/opportunity should be put out there for couples/churches that want to go that route, but "making" as a whole crosses a line to me.



And while I support a separation of church and state, the above hypocrisy BB mentioned ASTOUNDS me.


-------------
For Bebe88: "Ooooh-- short answer yes with an if, long answer no with a but…" - Rev Lovejoy


Posted By: ChubbyYeti
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:32am
What about Making churches allow blacks to be members?



Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:35am
"Yet the Most High dwells not in temples made with hands" (Acts 7:48)

The modern day church is a circus full of slores, pimps, zombies and pedophiles.
T.D. Snakes, Cash-flo Dollar, Joel Olsteen and the likes are modern day version of the Pharisee's that Christ was beefing with.

With all of the abominations that goes at church in the name of of that punk ass in my siggy, why stop nowLOL



-------------


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:39am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

LOL......won't let gays marry in the church, but they let their priest molest lil kids behind closed doors. Too funny. 
Thanked.

Oh the hypocrisy!LOL


-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR



Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:43am
If they attend that church should be able to get married their. I know of a couple gay churches but gay marriage not legal here so if and when wouldn't be a problem.


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:45am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

"Yet the Most High dwells not in temples made with hands" (Acts 7:48)

The modern day church is a circus full of slores, pimps, zombies and pedophiles.
T.D. Snakes, Cash-flo Dollar, Joel Olsteen and the likes are modern day version of the Pharisee's that Christ was beefing with.

With all of the abominations that goes at church in the name of of that punk ass in my siggy, why stop nowLOL

your siggy is hilarious by the way. LOL


-------------


Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:05am
Gays love the Lord too.

If God against them getting married in his churches, that's between them and him on the other side.

I don't necessarily agree with MAKING churches do anything, but so many other sins are condoned in churches these days, don't see why someone's love can't be recognized.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:38am
I go back and forth on this. Ultimately, though, if they are members, supporting their church with their money, they should be allowed to get married there. If the church is getting perks from the government, in the form of TAX EXEMPTIONS, then they should marry gays. If the members have a problem with gay marriage, they'd better make sure they check Leviticus and make damn sure they aren't breaking any of those laws before they say anything about what gay people are doing. I think it's high time we live in 2013 and understand certain realities are true, whether we want to believe them or not. Living in the the past with mideval thinking won't make gay people go away.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:40am
We had the same issues here with city officials when it was allowed.In the end most agreed to do it, you can try to fight change but it is going to happen. With or without you. As far as churches go I say big deal. Some will allow it and keep moving forward with times while others will stay old fashion and out of date.


-------------


Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:45am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i thought they were doing that all along..anyways i dont agree with any of this. gross.

Smh

-------------


Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:45am
I'm not understanding why anyone would insist on this right...is it out of spite?

-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:48am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I'm not understanding why anyone would insist on this right...is it out of spite?



Funny, this is just what whites where asking about black folks during the civil rights movement.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:30am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I'm not understanding why anyone would insist on this right...is it out of spite?
 
Yes


-------------


Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:35am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I'm not understanding why anyone would insist on this right...is it out of spite?



Funny, this is just what whites where asking about black folks during the civil rights movement.


That doesn't make any sense.

Christianity is a religion. Meaning it is a choice. If one does not subscribe to that religion's basic tenets, why be a part of it and furthermore why compel them to disobey God's law? To prove a point?



-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?


Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:54am
While I support gays and gay marriage I don't think churches should be forced to marry gays.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:10am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I'm not understanding why anyone would insist on this right...is it out of spite?



Funny, this is just what whites where asking about black folks during the civil rights movement.


That doesn't make any sense.

Christianity is a religion. Meaning it is a choice. If one does not subscribe to that religion's basic tenets, why be a part of it and furthermore why compel them to disobey God's law? To prove a point?



Most people justified slavery and segregation With their interpretations of biblical quotes. Now, suddenly, te excuse is that these were misinterpretations. Attempting to figure out what a religion's basic tenants are can be as pleasant as going trough a root canal.

We can also argue that everything humans who worship the Christian god is writing in the bible--a document that was written and translated several times by humans. Some of the documents in this collection have little to do with what god thinks, rather what the writer thinks.

Did slaves, by disobeying their masters and demanding freedom, seek out to prove a point?

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:16am
Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

What about Making churches allow blacks to be members?

 
 
 
being black and being gay is not the same thing to me.  tbh I don't think you make a church allow black members either.  why would black folks want to belong to a church that don't want them?


-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.


Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:17am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I'm not understanding why anyone would insist on this right...is it out of spite?



Funny, this is just what whites where asking about black folks during the civil rights movement.


That doesn't make any sense.

Christianity is a religion. Meaning it is a choice. If one does not subscribe to that religion's basic tenets, why be a part of it and furthermore why compel them to disobey God's law? To prove a point?



Most people justified slavery and segregation With their interpretations of biblical quotes. Now, suddenly, te excuse is that these were misinterpretations. Attempting to figure out what a religion's basic tenants are can be as pleasant as going trough a root canal.

We can also argue that everything humans who worship the Christian god is writing in the bible--a document that was written and translated several times by humans. Some of the documents in this collection have little to do with what god thinks, rather what the writer thinks.

Did slaves, by disobeying their masters and demanding freedom, seek out to prove a point?


Once again that does not make any sense. No one has the right to prevent anyone from marrying due to their religious beliefs imo, just like no one has the right to enslave someone as a part of their beliefs. Why would someone who has the right to get married elsewhere choose to get married in a place that does not support gay marriage, in a ceremony in a religion that does not permit gay marriage? It seems like you are dodging the point but you're only answering my question.

Now I don't know if that's what motivates anyone who actually wants to enter into gay marriage in a church, but if you don't think anything's wrong with that line of thinking then you can just say so.


-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?


Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:18am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

What about Making churches allow blacks to be members?

 
 
 
being black and being gay is not the same thing to me.  tbh I don't think you make a church allow black members either.  why would black folks want to belong to a church that don't want them?


To make a point.


-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?


Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:23am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

What about Making churches allow blacks to be members?

 
 
 
being black and being gay is not the same thing to me.  tbh I don't think you make a church allow black members either.  why would black folks want to belong to a church that don't want them?
 
Thank you.  I really wish people would stop comparing the two.


-------------


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:23am
Discrimination against gays and blacks is not identical, but it is similar. The ideology used to discriminate us is very similar. In both cases, a majority, who takes for granted certain rights and privileges, does not understand why a black person may appear to be paranoid if he didn't get a job or they may tell a gay person who lost their job, "That sucks, bt don't you think you're over reacting a bit?" when the incident happens the day after their boss saw them in a restraint with their same-sex partner.

Human beings are not that creative. Usually, they will use the same forms of oppression against those they don't like.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:25am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I'm not understanding why anyone would insist on this right...is it out of spite?



Funny, this is just what whites where asking about black folks during the civil rights movement.


That doesn't make any sense.

Christianity is a religion. Meaning it is a choice. If one does not subscribe to that religion's basic tenets, why be a part of it and furthermore why compel them to disobey God's law? To prove a point?



Most people justified slavery and segregation With their interpretations of biblical quotes. Now, suddenly, te excuse is that these were misinterpretations. Attempting to figure out what a religion's basic tenants are can be as pleasant as going trough a root canal.

We can also argue that everything humans who worship the Christian god is writing in the bible--a document that was written and translated several times by humans. Some of the documents in this collection have little to do with what god thinks, rather what the writer thinks.

Did slaves, by disobeying their masters and demanding freedom, seek out to prove a point?


Once again that does not make any sense. No one has the right to prevent anyone from marrying due to their religious beliefs imo, just like no one has the right to enslave someone as a part of their beliefs. Why would someone who has the right to get married elsewhere choose to get married in a place that does not support gay marriage, in a ceremony in a religion that does not permit gay marriage? It seems like you are dodging the point but you're only answering my question.

Now I don't know if that's what motivates anyone who actually wants to enter into gay marriage in a church, but if you don't think anything's wrong with that line of thinking then you can just say so.


It makes sense. You're just trying to be extra.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:47am
Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.


Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:53am
SweetNovember I love how everytime someone has an opinion that differs from yours you are quick to say they don't make any sense SMH


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.




Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:09am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.




Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

You can repent for being an adulterer..
Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.




Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

You can repent for being an adulterer..
Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..


Sorry, but this is so funny to me. You act as though they are being ay on purpose. LOL.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

What about Making churches allow blacks to be members?









 
 

 

being black and being gay is not the same thing. 


I don't understand why folks still can't grasp this...meh





-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:53am
I would say no, because it infringes on religious rights.
But I honestly don't care. In islam everyone answers for their own actions. So if someone is ok with explaining to God on judgement day why they lived out their life as a homosexual then I'm ok with that too. I just don't understand how someone could really and truly believe in an abrahamic God(and the bible/quran/etc), and still be a homosexual. I would say that they are either not very strong in their faith, or they are doing this to spite the church.


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.




Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

You can repent for being an adulterer..
Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..


Sorry, but this is so funny to me. You act as though they are being ay on purpose. LOL.


I don't care whats funny to you... At the end of the day they will be judged by God.... before then I will let my fellow brothers and sisters know that homosexuality is a sin.. point blank period..

They are being gay on purpose... by sleeping with the same sex... If they're struggling.. say that.. Don't spin it around and front that you were born that way, therefore you should accept that God made you gay..


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:58am




All I want to know is why the desire to marry in the Church.

You want to keep religion out of gay rights, right?

This kind of has the " haha you didn't want us to get married, so now we're gonna get married in a Church! In your face type of ring to it. "

meh I'll sit this one out, I know how it's gonna end..



-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

I would say no, because it infringes on religious rights.
But I honestly don't care. In islam everyone answers for their own actions. So if someone is ok with explaining to God on judgement day why they lived out their life as a homosexual then I'm ok with that too. I just don't understand how someone could really and truly believe in an abrahamic God(and the bible/quran/etc), and still be a homosexual. I would say that they are either not very strong in their faith, or they are doing this to spite the church.

This. If they want to get married…Ok. But honestly the Bible called homosexuality out as an abomination. There's no dancing around that.

But I don't have a hierarchy of sins. If the Bible says not to do something, you don't do it. That being said there are a lot of adulterers, thieves, and those who don't treat their neighbors very well that not only belong to churches, but run the churches.

Let them get married. I'm not the one that has to answer to God at the end of it all.
 




Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.




Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

You can repent for being an adulterer..
Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..


Mannnnn I can't thank you enough


-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:03am
there are some churches that allow for this.
there are others that don't

if you want to get married and are gay.. you should go to a church that allows for that.

A church being forced to marry a couple they dont want to is nuts and a recipe for disaster.




-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.




Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

You can repent for being an adulterer..
Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..


Sorry, but this is so funny to me. You act as though they are being ay on purpose. LOL.


I don't care whats funny to you... At the end of the day they will be judged by God.... before then I will let my fellow brothers and sisters know that homosexuality is a sin.. point blank period..

They are being gay on purpose... by sleeping with the same sex... If they're struggling.. say that.. Don't spin it around and front that you were born that way, therefore you should accept that God made you gay..


This is the most ridiculous, homophobic statement in this thread, and it's sad that other homophobes are probably going to cosign it. Please take a biology class to understand what sexual orientation is. It is a medical matter, not a religious one.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:06am
I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 
People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?
 
And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.
 
I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:


Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

I would say no, because it infringes on religious rights.
But I honestly don't care. In islam everyone answers for their own actions. So if someone is ok with explaining to God on judgement day why they lived out their life as a homosexual then I'm ok with that too. I just don't understand how someone could really and truly believe in an abrahamic God(and the bible/quran/etc), and still be a homosexual. I would say that they are either not very strong in their faith, or they are doing this to spite the church.

This. If they want to get married…Ok. But honestly the Bible called homosexuality out as an abomination. There's no dancing around that.

But I don't have a hierarchy of sins. If the Bible says not to do something, you don't do it. That being said there are a lot of adulterers, thieves, and those who don't treat their neighbors very well that not only belong to churches, but run the churches.

Let them get married. I'm not the one that has to answer to God at the end of it all.
 


.. I'm starting to develop the latter attitude about gay marriage period.

And on that note have a wonderful day today guys. :)


-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:10am
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 
People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?
 
And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.
 
I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:12am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.




Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

You can repent for being an adulterer..
Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..


Sorry, but this is so funny to me. You act as though they are being ay on purpose. LOL.


I don't care whats funny to you... At the end of the day they will be judged by God.... before then I will let my fellow brothers and sisters know that homosexuality is a sin.. point blank period..

They are being gay on purpose... by sleeping with the same sex... If they're struggling.. say that.. Don't spin it around and front that you were born that way, therefore you should accept that God made you gay..


This is the most ridiculous, homophobic statement in this thread, and it's sad that other homophobes are probably going to cosign it. Please take a biology class to understand what sexual orientation is. It is a medical matter, not a religious one.


Phobia of gays? Not I, have people in my life who choose that lifestyle.. I don't love them less than the next person..
You don't know me , so don't call me out of my name...
You also rejected the Lord and Christ, so I wouldn't expect you to understand


Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 
People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?
 
And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.
 
I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches
 
I will never understand that way of thinking....but I respect your faith.
 
I have two gay siblings so I look at this very differently.


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:20am
a church or wherever you go to praise...
is supposed to be a place.. where you feel welcomed and wanted.

if this place isn't allowing you to be married.. they damn sure dont want or welcome you there.. so why are you there? there are tons of churches  out there that are willing to marry you and welcome you.
Let those other places.... keep their hate filled church to themselves.
if thats their "religion" let them have it.

the equivalent of this to me.. would be a black family fighting for the right to praise in a church run by the KKK or some equally hateful white supremacist group.
Like cut your losses and go somewhere where you are loved.

There was a thread recently about some couple in Mississippi not being allowed to marry in a church b/c they were black. Why would you even want to start one of the most beautiful/powerful unions that you can have-- somewhere where they think so basic?????
couldn't be me.


-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.




Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

You can repent for being an adulterer..
Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..


Sorry, but this is so funny to me. You act as though they are being ay on purpose. LOL.


I don't care whats funny to you... At the end of the day they will be judged by God.... before then I will let my fellow brothers and sisters know that homosexuality is a sin.. point blank period..

They are being gay on purpose... by sleeping with the same sex... If they're struggling.. say that.. Don't spin it around and front that you were born that way, therefore you should accept that God made you gay..


This is the most ridiculous, homophobic statement in this thread, and it's sad that other homophobes are probably going to cosign it. Please take a biology class to understand what sexual orientation is. It is a medical matter, not a religious one.


Phobia of gays? Not I, have people in my life who choose that lifestyle.. I don't love them less than the next person..
You don't know me , so don't call me out of my name...
You also rejected the Lord and Christ, so I wouldn't expect you to understand


I don't have to know you intimately to analyze your post and conclude they come from someone who is homophobic, no matter who they know. You are just like the white racists who always remind you their best friend is black. You are doing nothing new, so no intimate knowledge of your life is necessary.

Call you out of your name? What? LMAO.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 
People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?
 
And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.
 
I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches
are you a virgin?

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

a church or wherever you go to praise...
is supposed to be a place.. where you feel welcomed and wanted.

if this place isn't allowing you to be married.. they damn sure dont want or welcome you there.. so why are you there? there are tons of churches  out there that are willing to marry you and welcome you.
Let those other places.... keep their hate filled church to themselves.
if thats their "religion" let them have it.

the equivalent of this to me.. would be a black family fighting for the right to praise in a church run by the KKK or some equally hateful white supremacist group.
Like cut your losses and go somewhere where you are loved.

There was a thread recently about some couple in Mississippi not being allowed to marry in a church b/c they were black. Why would you even want to start one of the most beautiful/powerful unions that you can have-- somewhere where they think so basic?????
couldn't be me.




I agree with this. I do shake my head at the places where gays are already attending and contributing to the organization, and they do not allow them to be married.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

[QUOTE=Oladunni] [QUOTE=texasmami0117]I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 
People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?
 
And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.
 
I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Doesn't matter


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:26am

[/QUOTE]

I don't have to know you intimately to analyze your post and conclude they come from someone who is homophobic, no matter who they know. You are just like the white racists who always remind you their best friend is black. You are doing nothing new, so no intimate knowledge of your life is necessary.

Call you out of your name? What? LMAO.[/QUOTE]

Tokyo you are talking to a person who is a believer of Christ and follows the bible,
why are surprised that I view homosexuality as a sin...


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 
People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?
 
And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.
 
I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches
are you a virgin?


If I fornicated before , It doesnt change the truth that was posted.. so don't know the point


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

[QUOTE=Oladunni] [QUOTE=texasmami0117]I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 

People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?

 

And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.

 

I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Yes mam.. Next question?


Do you...
Mix your fabrics?
Have tattoos?
Offer animal sacrifices?


Are you a woman? Handicapped?

Have you ever eaten rabbit meat? Or beef?

If you are, you, too, are naughty, according to the bible.



-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 

People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?

 

And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.

 

I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches
are you a virgin?


If I fornicated before , It doesnt change the truth that was posted.. so don't know the point


Truth is only truth of it can be proven. You are running on belief. Whether your belief is true or not is the big question.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:32am
my feelings on that Toe-Key-Oh
is if a place isn't allowing their member to get married--
has this same place in one of there sermons or whatever called homosexuality an "abomination" or whatever?
Like I know many churches are vocal on their ill feelings towards homosexuality.

and

I've seen ghei friends attend services-- where they were indirectly called so many names. And I'm just like.. it really couldn't be me. And I think its sad that they chose to stay there--and take that. 
but i would hope-- that my same friends aren't shocked when they are denied their request to get married in the church-- they heard preach about the sins of homosexuals.



-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:





I don't have to know you intimately to analyze your post and conclude they come from someone who is homophobic, no matter who they know. You are just like the white racists who always remind you their best friend is black. You are doing nothing new, so no intimate knowledge of your life is necessary.

Call you out of your name? What? LMAO.[/QUOTE]

Tokyo you are talking to a person who is a believer of Christ and follows the bible,
why are surprised that I view homosexuality as a sin...
[/QUOTE]

It still doesn't change that you are spewing homophobic views. You are only justifying it with your religion.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:33am
Oladunni spitting that HOT FIYAH up in here.

-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:





I don't have to know you intimately to analyze your post and conclude they come from someone who is homophobic, no matter who they know. You are just like the white racists who always remind you their best friend is black. You are doing nothing new, so no intimate knowledge of your life is necessary.

Call you out of your name? What? LMAO.


Tokyo you are talking to a person who is a believer of Christ and follows the bible,
why are surprised that I view homosexuality as a sin...
[/QUOTE]

It still doesn't change that you are spewing homophobic views. You are only justifying it with your religion.[/QUOTE]

Tokyo If you knew me, you would know if far from homophobic, I don't have all the answers. Those who struggle in homosexuality need to go to God for all answers not me ... I don't hate those who have sex with the same sex, like i don't hate those who fornicate, and liars..
But i am against their sin which is already judged.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

my feelings on that Toe-Key-Oh
is if a place isn't allowing their member to get married--
has this same place in one of there sermons or whatever called homosexuality an "abomination" or whatever?
Like I know many churches are vocal on their ill feelings towards homosexuality.

and

I've seen ghei friends attend services-- where they were indirectly called so many names. And I'm just like.. it really couldn't be me. And I think its sad that they chose to stay there--and take that. 
but i would hope-- that my same friends aren't shocked when they are denied their request to get married in the church-- they heard preach about the sins of homosexuals.





See, that is something I hope they wouldn't take. I'd hope they could be in a community where they are accepted, until society starts changing.

My mother's church is quite welcoming. I never heard if her minister making any sermons about homosexuality and from what I know, there is a sizable gay population at that church and no one considers it a huge deal. I guess the minister and congregation feels there are more pressing matters to address than whether or not someone is gay and whether or not that is natural.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:





I don't have to know you intimately to analyze your post and conclude they come from someone who is homophobic, no matter who they know. You are just like the white racists who always remind you their best friend is black. You are doing nothing new, so no intimate knowledge of your life is necessary.

Call you out of your name? What? LMAO.


Tokyo you are talking to a person who is a believer of Christ and follows the bible,
why are surprised that I view homosexuality as a sin...


It still doesn't change that you are spewing homophobic views. You are only justifying it with your religion.[/QUOTE]

Tokyo If you knew me, you would know if far from homophobic, I don't have all the answers. Those who struggle in homosexuality need to go to God for all answers not me ... I don't hate those who have sex with the same sex, like i don't hate those who fornicate, and liars..
But i am against their sin which is already judged.
[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I don't have to know you. I can see what you think and believe from what you write.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:41am
It's just crazy how people argue facts.....Wacko
 
 


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Oladunni spitting that HOT FIYAH up in here.






Not really.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:41am
nah I'm tired of discriminatory practices being upheld by religious institutions.
the bible is a joke.

it just blows my mind that it has been used to justify war, mass murder, slavery, the denial of basic rights a because it is "divine"

belief in god aside... man all it takes in one translator with an agenda to infect the minds of generations.
but I'm sleep.

I'm also tired of people hiding behind their religion to justify their hate. the bible says one thing in regards to homosexuality and people have turned it into the ultimate sin. at some point people need to take a look at themselves and realize it's not god but their own prejudice fear and weak minded hate driving their beliefs.


Posted By: briany
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:43am
Thousands of years of human civilisation and socialisation cannot be separated from someone's psyche just because they are gay.

This includes the indoctrination in different religions to which they were bought up in. You cannot necessarily separate a gay person from their religious beliefs.

However if religious institutions want to maintain their tax exemption status and other government perks they also have to follow the same laws of discrimination that apply to institutions.

I think either the church becomes a private members only club then they can do what they want.


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:43am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

my feelings on that Toe-Key-Oh
is if a place isn't allowing their member to get married--
has this same place in one of there sermons or whatever called homosexuality an "abomination" or whatever?
Like I know many churches are vocal on their ill feelings towards homosexuality.

and

I've seen ghei friends attend services-- where they were indirectly called so many names. And I'm just like.. it really couldn't be me. And I think its sad that they chose to stay there--and take that. 
but i would hope-- that my same friends aren't shocked when they are denied their request to get married in the church-- they heard preach about the sins of homosexuals.


Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

You don't attend church to feel "comfortable" in your sin! you go to church to praise God and learn
you should leave feeling "convicted" in a way and wanting to change your ways. smh



Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:46am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

there are some churches that allow for this.
there are others that don't

if you want to get married and are gay.. you should go to a church that allows for that.

A church being forced to marry a couple they dont want to is nuts and a recipe for disaster.


You sum up exactly how I feel as a christian . I know the bibles teaches against Gay anything , but i know also that God loves everyone .
 
 
I think a private wedding would be suffiecient to respect both sides . I refuse to argue with people that feel I am wrong for supporting Gay rights . Hate is hate . God is the only person that can judge anyone in my op .

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..


Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 
People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?
 
And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.
 
I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches
are you a virgin?


If I fornicated before , It doesnt change the truth that was posted.. so don't know the point
---------->
my point is the hypocrisy in ppl thinking one sin is better than the other.
a sin is a sin, is a SIN.
You are no better than a gay.  Yall might as well hold hands & jump into the fiery pits together cuz that is surely where you are going, whether u believe it or notTongue


-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:47am
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

nah I'm tired of discriminatory practices being upheld by religious institutions.
the bible is a joke.

it just blows my mind that it has been used to justify war, mass murder, slavery, the denial of basic rights a because it is "divine"

belief in god aside... man all it takes in one translator with an agenda to infect the minds of generations.
but I'm sleep.

I'm also tired of people hiding behind their religion to justify their hate. the bible says one thing in regards to homosexuality and people have turned it into the ultimate sin. at some point people need to take a look at themselves and realize it's not god but their own prejudice fear and weak minded hate driving their beliefs.


Girl bye.. You don't follow the bible that's cool..
However we are discussing people who claim to be believers of Christ yet are proud to be living in what they're God states as a sin!
These gay people you are defending claim to be Christians as well...


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by briany briany wrote:

Thousands of years of human civilisation and socialisation cannot be separated from someone's psyche just because they are gay.

This includes the indoctrination in different religions to which they were bought up in. You cannot necessarily separate a gay person from their religious beliefs.

However if religious institutions want to maintain their tax exemption status and other government perks they also have to follow the same laws of discrimination that apply to others.







This is exactly what I am saying. No one is trying to force the doors open on all religious institutions to accept gay marriage (this includes Christian AND non-Christian organizations). They can choose not to follow certain laws, but they need to give up their tax exempt status if they do that. I feel the same way about other non-profit institutions that have political agendas...to a certain extent.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

nah I'm tired of discriminatory practices being upheld by religious institutions.
the bible is a joke.

it just blows my mind that it has been used to justify war, mass murder, slavery, the denial of basic rights a because it is "divine"

belief in god aside... man all it takes in one translator with an agenda to infect the minds of generations.
but I'm sleep.

I'm also tired of people hiding behind their religion to justify their hate. the bible says one thing in regards to homosexuality and people have turned it into the ultimate sin. at some point people need to take a look at themselves and realize it's not god but their own prejudice fear and weak minded hate driving their beliefs.


Girl bye.. You don't follow the bible that's cool..
However we are discussing people who claim to be believers of Christ yet are proud to be living in what they're God states as a sin!
These gay people you are defending claim to be Christians as well...


you just said a whole bunch of nothing that addressed no pertinent points of my post... don't try to dismiss me. sit your misguided homophobic ass in a corner and learn something.

then come ralk to me when you have something relevant to say.



Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

nah I'm tired of discriminatory practices being upheld by religious institutions.
the bible is a joke.

it just blows my mind that it has been used to justify war, mass murder, slavery, the denial of basic rights a because it is "divine"

belief in god aside... man all it takes in one translator with an agenda to infect the minds of generations.
but I'm sleep.

I'm also tired of people hiding behind their religion to justify their hate. the bible says one thing in regards to homosexuality and people have turned it into the ultimate sin. at some point people need to take a look at themselves and realize it's not god but their own prejudice fear and weak minded hate driving their beliefs.


Girl bye.. You don't follow the bible that's cool..
However we are discussing people who claim to be believers of Christ yet are proud to be living in what they're God states as a sin!
These gay people you are defending claim to be Christians as well...
 
So you do everything the bible tell you to do and nothing it says not to do? I really am curious.
 
Have you read the Old Testament? Of do you only want to hear about the nice God that loves everyone but gays?


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:



Phobia of gays? Not I, have people in my life who choose that lifestyle.. I don't love them less than the next person..
You don't know me , so don't call me out of my name...
You also rejected the Lord and Christ, so I wouldn't expect you to understand
Thumbs Up

-------------


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 
People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?
 
And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.
 
I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches
are you a virgin?


If I fornicated before , It doesnt change the truth that was posted.. so don't know the point
---------->
my point is the hypocrisy in ppl thinking one sin is better than the other.
a sin is a sin, is a SIN.
You are no better than a gay.  Yall might as well hold hands & jump into the fiery pits together cuz that is surely where you are going, whether u believe it or notTongue


See miss bunny, If i fornicate I don't boast about it..
If i was a theft, fornicator, adulterer etc. when i described myself that wouldn't be in the description of myself. I would be ashamed. Homosexuals ( who claim to be followers of Christ) are proud..
That is the problem, instead of repenting the accept it as their identity.


Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:52am
It's funny how these gay marriage supporters like to bring up the pedophilia as if we don't already know that the devil is working in some of these spiritually dead churches. So they want to use that as an excuse to allow even MORE of the devil to corrupt the church?!

LMFAO ooooo weeee all yall Brothas gon burn in hell. Crispy for all eternity!

-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW
 

People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?

 

And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.

 

I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.


Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches
are you a virgin?


If I fornicated before , It doesnt change the truth that was posted.. so don't know the point
---------->
my point is the hypocrisy in ppl thinking one sin is better than the other.

a sin is a sin, is a SIN.

You are no better than a gay.  Yall might as well hold hands & jump into the fiery pits together cuz that is surely where you are going, whether u believe it or notTongue


See miss bunny, If i fornicate I don't boast about it..
If i was a theft, fornicator, adulterer etc. when i described myself that wouldn't be in the description of myself. I would be ashamed. Homosexuals ( who claim to be followers of Christ) are proud..
That is the problem, instead of repenting the accept it as their identity.


Being gay is nowhere near the same thing as being a fornicator or a thief. It IS a part of their identity. It's a part of their genetic code. If you are going to use a book written over a thousand years ago to tell you what homosexuality is, then why not do the same for your physical ailments?

Are you one of those people who believes people get depressed because they have a demon inside of them? Were you transported here from the dark ages?

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

there are some churches that allow for this.
there are others that don't

if you want to get married and are gay.. you should go to a church that allows for that.

A church being forced to marry a couple they dont want to is nuts and a recipe for disaster.


You sum up exactly how I feel as a christian . I know the bibles teaches against Gay anything , but i know also that God loves everyone .
 
 
I think a private wedding would be suffiecient to respect both sides . I refuse to argue with people that feel I am wrong for supporting Gay rights . Hate is hate . God is the only person that can judge anyone in my op .

Sorry sister India , you are wrong
The bible says that we should judge those who claim to be followers of Christ, yet don't keep his commandments


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:01am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:


Are you one of those people who believes people get depressed because they have a demon inside of them? Were you transported here from the dark ages?


Nope


Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:02am

Oladunni, you think that because a scarlet letter is not placed upon you & the world doesn't  know that you sinned is better than someone that admits to it?

 
So when you buss it wide open to a man that is not your husband, its ok because yall kept it a secret as opposed to the gay ppl who refused to stay in the closet?  Makes perfect senseWacko


-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

It's funny how these gay marriage supporters like to bring up the pedophilia as
if we don't already know that the devil is working in some of these
spiritually dead churches. So they want to use that as an excuse to
allow even MORE of the devil to corrupt the church?!

LMFAO ooooo weeee all yall Brothas gon burn in hell. Crispy for all eternity!



And it's funny how some religious people always have to bring up demons and other silliness when they are unable, or unwilling to look at proven facts for different conditions, instead of just admitting they don't know why things are the way they are.

It's not the devil. Some people are just plain vile and they choose to do vile things to others.

Midwest, if there was a hell, you may very well be sitting there roasting with everyone else, with the insane amount of judgment you place on women in this forum on a daily basis.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:04am
religious ppl are ruining the world

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:


Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:


Are you one of those people who believes people get depressed because they have a demon inside of them? Were you transported here from the dark ages?


Nope


THAT is surprising.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Oladunni, you think that because a scarlet letter is not placed upon you & the world doesn't  know that you sinned is better than someone that admits to it?

 
So when you buss it wide open to a man that is not your husband, its ok because yall kept it a secret as opposed to the gay ppl who refused to stay in the closet?  Makes perfect senseWacko

lol No,  I do not.



Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Oladunni, you think that because a scarlet letter is not placed upon you & the world doesn't  know that you sinned is better than someone that admits to it?

 
So when you buss it wide open to a man that is not your husband, its ok because yall kept it a secret as opposed to the gay ppl who refused to stay in the closet?  Makes perfect senseWacko
 
LOLLOLLOLClap


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

there are some churches that allow for this.
there are others that don't

if you want to get married and are gay.. you should go to a church that allows for that.

A church being forced to marry a couple they dont want to is nuts and a recipe for disaster.


You sum up exactly how I feel as a christian . I know the bibles teaches against Gay anything , but i know also that God loves everyone .
 
 
I think a private wedding would be suffiecient to respect both sides . I refuse to argue with people that feel I am wrong for supporting Gay rights . Hate is hate . God is the only person that can judge anyone in my op .

Sorry sister India , you are wrong
The bible says that we should those who claim to be followers of Christ, yet don't keep his commandments
I know what the Bible teaches . Everyone fails to follow all commandments . A evil thought is a sin . I have to go now . Hug

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..


Posted By: ModelCitizen
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:08am
I agree with Sweet November and those who supported her stance. It seems that people on this board try to find everything wrong with Christianity because of their own personal hang ups. 


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

religious ppl are ruining the world

yup


Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

It's funny how these gay marriage supporters like to bring up the pedophilia as if we don't already know that the devil is working in some of these spiritually dead churches. So they want to use that as an excuse to allow even MORE of the devil to corrupt the church?!

LMFAO ooooo weeee all yall Brothas gon burn in hell. Crispy for all eternity!
allowing gays equal rights in the church is not allowing more of the devil.   Yall should be trying to keep out the rapists, pedophiles, fornicators, & adulterers more than the gay ppl.  idk how yall can embrace them, yet protest 2 consenting adults that aren't hurting anyone or destroying your life

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

there are some churches that allow for this.
there are others that don't

if you want to get married and are gay.. you should go to a church that allows for that.

A church being forced to marry a couple they dont want to is nuts and a recipe for disaster.


You sum up exactly how I feel as a christian . I know the bibles teaches against Gay anything , but i know also that God loves everyone .
 
 
I think a private wedding would be suffiecient to respect both sides . I refuse to argue with people that feel I am wrong for supporting Gay rights . Hate is hate . God is the only person that can judge anyone in my op .

Sorry sister India , you are wrong
The bible says that we should those who claim to be followers of Christ, yet don't keep his commandments
I know what the Bible teaches . Everyone fails to follow all commandments . A evil thought is a sin . I have to go now . Hug

Hug


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:14am


Oladunni gal....

There's no point, trust me. Walk away before the other crew gets here.

Either you are 100% for gay marriage or youre a hypocritical homophobe.
Gay people were born gay, God made them this way. Then apparently changed His mind sometime after the fact and made it a sin to be gay.

I mean, how DARE you be black and not be accepting of gay rights. After all it is the same right?

What a shame.



-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Oladunni spitting that HOT FIYAH up in here.
 
Yup!


-------------


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:16am
Originally posted by ModelCitizen ModelCitizen wrote:

I agree with Sweet November and those who supported her stance. It seems that people on this board try to find everything wrong with Christianity because of their own personal hang ups. 


Not really. There is a lot wrong with a lot of different religions. I just find the religious justification for homosexuality being wrong or abnormal and the necessity for discrimination against them illogical. I have yet to hear a sound argument as to why homosexuality is wrong and more wrong than any other sin.

At least in some medical science fields, while homosexuality is considered normal, people are making sound arguments as to why people are homosexual.

"because god said so," is not only not a well thought out argument, it is a dangerous one that has been used to justify a multitude of horrible acts against human beings.

This really has nothing to do with victimizing Christians...and it's getting to be a very tiring go-to response whenever discussion of a minority is discussed.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:19am
religion is not concerned with being logical.
it isn't concerned with deep understanding.
it isn't concerned with reason.

trying to argue on those grounds will never get you anywhere, unfortunately.


Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:20am
I stopped reading around page five, but as I'm reading different articles about the OP, I'm not seeing anything explicit about forcing churches in the UK to marry gay couples.  I think churches were afraid due to weaknesses in the legal language at various points, but that it's being refined on to ensure religious freedom.


Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:21am
did church let out yet? this thread will be get good then. Embarrassed


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:23am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:



Oladunni gal....

There's no point, trust me. Walk away before the other crew gets here.

Either you are 100% for gay marriage or youre a hypocritical homophobe.
Gay people were born gay, God made them this way. Then apparently changed His mind sometime after the fact and made it a sin to be gay.

I mean, how DARE you be black and not be accepting of gay rights. After all it is the same right?

What a shame.



Girl i know!
I'm just over here sealing the ends of these box braids and typing my beliefs!
I know i am not going to change the mind of these non believers.


Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

It's funny how these gay marriage supporters like to bring up the pedophilia as if we don't already know that the devil is working in some of these spiritually dead churches. So they want to use that as an excuse to allow even MORE of the devil to corrupt the church?!

LMFAO ooooo weeee all yall Brothas gon burn in hell. Crispy for all eternity!
allowing gays equal rights in the church is not allowing more of the devil.   Yall should be trying to keep out the rapists, pedophiles, fornicators, & adulterers more than the gay ppl.  idk how yall can embrace them, yet protest 2 consenting adults that aren't hurting anyone or destroying your life

I already acknowledged that many of these churches are spiritually dead. But allowing two Brothas to "marry" in "God's house" damn sholl aint helping the situation. You aint elevating that church in God's eyes. You would be doing the opposite. PERIOD. No debate.

SMMFH you gon be skinny-dipping in that brimstone lake with Tokyo if you keep this up. Geek


-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*



Print Page | Close Window