Print Page | Close Window

How often do you talk on the Telephone ?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=354472
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 4:48am

Topic: How often do you talk on the Telephone ?
Posted By: india100
Subject: How often do you talk on the Telephone ?
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:22pm
I have a friend that thinks we should talk on the phone daily. She actually came to my home once when I refuse to answer which is a Big Fat no ! no ! I that tried to tell her in a nice way that I have no desire or time to talk with her everyday . To makes matters worse , she expects me to lead the conversation .Confused

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Replies:
Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:27pm
just got off from a 2hr conversation with my best one

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:30pm
Barely. I text more than I actually talk on the phone.

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:30pm
Now almost everyday because my BF prefers phone convos....before him it was occasional but I only called my mom or grandma.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:33pm
not at all i prefer texting and phone calls only for important things. i always tell my younger sister she'll die with the phone to her ear she could talk all day.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:33pm
A few times a week to family and several times daily to BF.  I don't talk to friends on the phone much.  We chat on facebook or text.

-------------

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:34pm
She wants you to lead the conversation? When she's the one who called? Nuh-uh. I wouldn't be having that.

I find talking on the phone tiresome. I tell people to text me before they even think about calling me, cause most likely I will not answer unless your my momma. Talking on the phone is just too impersonal for me. I'd much rather want to see your face when engaging in conversation. You can't do that on the phone unless your video chatting or something.

-------------
Come take my hand and lets go Nala-land, where all your sexiest dreams will come true!

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:34pm
I don't really like talking on the phone much. If there is a real conversation going, then fine, but if the caller doesn't want anything, I get annoyed. I have a friend like this. Have known her for about 16 years. I tell her I can't sit on the phone like we did when we were in school. I work full time, attend college full time and have a three year old daughter. I tend to ignore most of her phone calls and when I do answer, I tell her I've been busy. When I started dating my S/O she noticed a pattern of when I would say I would talk to him...and she started trying to call me during those times. Pissed me off! She never wants anything important and when I talk for a little while with her, then tell her I have to go, she'll call back a few hours later... and still don't want anything. Drives me insane! She lives 3 hours away now, so she definitely cannot just stop by.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:35pm
I much prefer texting and most of my friends hate texting!

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:36pm
Like once a week w/ my friend who's not really into texting

I only call if it's important, driving, or it's just too much text

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:37pm
I would really loose it if I had to text everything .LOLCry

-------------

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:38pm
i talk to my mother every single day.
everyone else can send me a text message.

whenever my phone rings, i'm like "who the heck is calling me and why"

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

LOL 

I think it's more convenient than talking on the phone. Especially since alot of the people I do talk to don't answer their phones when you call them anyway.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

i will write you a whole story and just hope it makes sense

-------------

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:40pm
Daily. I talk to my bf everyday, several times a day

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:42pm
I don't send long texts. I get to the point.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Daily. I talk to my bf everyday, several times a day

Ya'll be doin' more than talking! LOL

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

LOL 

I think it's more convenient than talking on the phone. Especially since alot of the people I do talk to don't answer their phones when you call them anyway.
Guilty. I forgot to call you back after a very difficult week . Cry My texting skills are awful .

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

i talk to my mother every single day.
everyone else can send me a text message.

whenever my phone rings, i'm like "who the heck is calling me and why"

Heart

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:46pm
My firends and co workers think im shallow and stuck up cos I only wanna text. I hate talking on the phone. My monthly minutes are only 60 mins max a month. But my text minutes are beyond. If you don't get a BBM, what'sapp or text from me then that mean we'll speak to each other when we see each other. shrugs.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:46pm

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

LOL 

Guilty. I forgot to call you back after a very difficult week . Cry My texting skills are awful .

It's okay lol. I know you were going through some things.

Posted By: Gia2009
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:51pm
I don't, unless its my mom. Sometimes my cousin will call me if she needs advice on something, but as far as me picking up the phone and calling someone. It won't happen. The only person that gets that privilege of me calling them is my mom or my fiance if he isn't home and I need to talk to him. 

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow][/URL]
   <a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com" target="_b

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

i will write you a whole story and just hope it makes sense

Lol yeah I don't mind

It's just some days I don't feel like reading or writing long texts

-------------

Posted By: binky622
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:53pm
very rarely or to take care of businessSleepy.  I like to email, but texting not so much.

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:53pm
I strongly prefer texing....it's more fun, eliminates awkward silences, and gets straight to the point. Plus, I only call people that I am very close to (mom, dad, sister, bf, etc) or if it's a business call.

-------------
Going through a quarter life crisis. Judge me if you will. No fcks will be given though.

Don't call a b*tch a b*tch unless you like the b*tch

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:58pm
I miss calling my parents daily . What a blessing to able to .^^^^ I really enjoy talking sometimes, but my friend want allow us to talk about anything new if we talk everyday lol. I found out men can talk for along time also . My husband spent 2 hours talking to a old friend , after Teasing me about how long i talk on the phone .  

-------------

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 4:02pm
I'm pretty much on the phone everyday. Between my mama, two best friends, and boyfriend my phone is always going off.

I text like a mug too...thank goodness for unlimited talk and text.

I have a friend like the OP too. I love her, but she's extra annoying cuz she'll call back to back until you answer and leaves voicemail every single call.

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 4:08pm
I'm really awkward on the phone. I get distracted, and there are these long pauses...i would just rather text.

unless you are my mother or father. it's just weird for them to text me...its like, you know how to use this??

my father is at a point where he no longer uses all caps and will punctuate, so that is progress.

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 4:17pm
I used to love talking on the phone until once upon a time I was a phone rep that job right there turned me off from using the phone....right now I love to text I only got this nut I work with who loves to have 2hr convo's about nothing......last night she called I texted her and told her I had crampsLOL......I just can't

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

I'm really awkward on the phone. I get distracted, and there are these long pauses...i would just rather text.

unless you are my mother or father. it's just weird for them to text me...its like, you know how to use this??

my father is at a point where he no longer uses all caps and will punctuate, so that is progress.
I need to purchase Texting for Dummies .Cry

-------------

Posted By: VelvetOne
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 4:44pm
I talk to my friends and daughter  on the phone everyday, sometime for a few minutes sometime for hours. 
Texting sometimes can not truly convey your feelings or a good joke.Smile

Today im waiting on my friend to get home to hear about her work trip in Jamacia, I know she has some good stories to tell.SmileSmileSmileSmile and how can we catch up with a week worth of stuff on texts....

Looking forward to a few good phone conversations...Clap

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by VelvetOne VelvetOne wrote:

I talk to my friends and daughter  on the phone everyday, sometime for a few minutes sometime for hours. 
Texting sometimes can not truly convey your feelings or a good joke.Smile

Today im waiting on my friend to get home to hear about her work trip in Jamacia, I know she has some good stories to tell.SmileSmileSmileSmile and how can we catch up with a week worth of stuff on texts....

Looking forward to a few good phone conversations...Clap
Sounds like fun lol .

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:21pm
does anyone still do 3-6/way phone calls? lol

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

does anyone still do 3-6/way phone calls? lol
OMG . I use to hang up on my mother by mistake . I hate when people call me and answer call waiting 20 times . LOLCry

-------------

Posted By: Finesseful
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:45pm
One of my friends is a great texter so with us it doesn't matter. Lol me and my homegirls 3 way chat frequently. It's fun. We don't want the others to miss anything so we have to talk all at once.

I talk to my other real good homegirl about once a week for maybe an hr or so. We always find something to talk about plus she's a night owl like me so we can chat at odd times.

People just enjoy talking to me on the phone. Idk why.

But I don't feel the need to talk to anybody on the phone everyday that ain't my family. It doesn't bug me cause I know our friendship is solid. People have lives and get tired.

I love a good on going text message convo though. I can text my ass off all day.

-------------
Make love, not war.

Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:23pm
Not often.

Besides not having the time and being busy, I not much of a phone person. Or texter. My friends know that it takes me a day to respond to my texts (unless in an emergency) and on the weekend, when I'm staying in the house, I usually just turn my phone off the entire day as to not receive phone calls....

-------------

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:36pm
Nobody likes to talk on the online anymore

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:51pm
As I get older I'm less inclined to hang on the phone for hours on end unless it's with my fiance when he's traveling. Even then though, he has horrible timing and ALWAYS calls when I'm in the middle of something.

Mainly, phone time = work time. So unless it's a business call, I don't really hang on the phone like that. Even with my own fam. I'm a big texter, and since so many of my circle is on facebook or twitter, we communicate through that. It sounds cold and impersonal but seriously...most people aren't really talking about anything of substance anyway.

Additionally, I'm a huge multi tasker. But with phone calls I can't multi task - just focus on the convo. That's probably also why I reserve that for business calls where I'm taking notes. Unless we're skyping, my friends and fam don't call me lol.

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:55pm

I miss calling my parents daily . What a blessing to able to .^^^^ I really enjoy talking sometimes, but my friend want allow us to talk about anything new if we talk everyday lol. I found out men can talk for along time also . My husband spent 2 hours talking to a old friend , after Teasing me about how long i talk on the phone .  

My fiance stays with his iphone stuck to his ear. Most of the time just bs'ing with his friends. He thinks he's slick by telling me it's a business call since his friends are all pretty much in the same industry. Of everyone in our share plan, he BY FAR uses the most minutes. Thank God for rollover minutes.

-------------

Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:09pm
Most of my phone convos take place at work. I mostly text

-------------

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:40pm
It depends. For non-work related calls, not as much as I did a few months ago. Some days I might go without any non-work calls, but other days maybe 30 mins-1hr

Most calls are short though except for from 2 people

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:54pm
LOLcan't multi task and talk on the phone? I always do. I  chat while I'm on the treadmill or out running . It passes the time and before you know it you're on mile 7.

(not the gym)

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: honeybee10
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:58pm
close to never. only for business purposes. i text though

-------------
In mourning for the sex section...CHOGH for life

Team CHOGH Charter Member

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:00pm
LOL Purp, either youre crazy or super in-shape

I wish somebody would call me while they running.. "Call me back, girl ..wtf"

My friends love talking to me when theyre in the shower or on the toilet

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:02pm
I'm not speed running lol, I'm just jogging. 

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:04pm
my GF has started calling me when she gets on the treadmill to walk. She HATES working out and she feels like I do, it passes the time if you get wrapped up in the conversation.

eta: she also knits while walking on the treadmill LOL

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:07pm
i talk on the phone every damn day. My sister lives in England, so we converse everyday.

-------------
My mind explodes

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

i talk on the phone every damn day. My sister lives in England, so we converse everyday.
Heart

-------------

Posted By: Immie89
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:59pm
Damn i checked my phone logs...and my talk time between diff numbers was almost 5 hrs wtf lol I guess i do talk a lot on phone...some of my friends the least we on phone for is 2 hrs..and yes i talk to them while doing anything even sh*tting! lool 

-------------
I hate arrogant people. It's like they think they're better than everyone. No one is better than me.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:00pm
I hate talking on the phone. People try to call me but I ignore the call and text them, "what you want?" LOL

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:00pm
I also text a lot but i prefer to be on phone with my headphones on and that way i can be doing many diff things

-------------
I hate arrogant people. It's like they think they're better than everyone. No one is better than me.

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:02pm
I hate talking on the phone
I hate when my one friend calls me immediately after i text him

with that said, I hate when people dont answer my phone calls. LOL

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I hate talking on the phone. People try to call me but I ignore the call and text them, "what you want?" LOL

Angryi cannot stand that...one of my friends is like that..ill call her but she always let it go to voicemail...than 5 mins later she hit up with a next "what up doe"...

You got time to text me that ish buh you can't pick up my call boo?

Sleepy

-------------

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:09pm
Not that often..i am not phone person.. If i do talk on the pone it have be a very brief conversation..

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Angryi cannot stand that...one of my friends is like that..ill call her but she always let it go to voicemail...than 5 mins later she hit up with a next "what up doe"...

You got time to text me that ish buh you can't pick up my call boo?

Sleepy

LOL Maybe she's busy? Sometimes I'll be watching tv and I don't feel like talking.

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Lol my fiance does this so much, I call the bathroom his "office". Dead

-------------

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 12:25am
All the time.
Me and my sisters are on the phone for forever.
Most of the time we are doing different things not even paying attention to each other.

I was sick couple weekends ago and my little sis was on the phone with me for eight hours.
She went shopping , ate, got dressed, took a bath, talking on the phone with her boyfriend using the house phone and just went about her day while on the phone with me.
We conversed between time

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 12:39am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

All the time.
Me and my sisters are on the phone for forever.
Most of the time we are doing different things not even paying attention to each other.

I was sick couple weekends ago and my little sis was on the phone with me for eight hours.
She went shopping , ate, got dressed, took a bath, talking on the phone with her boyfriends using the house phone and just went about her day while on the phone with me.
We conversed between time

this was me and my ex bff. 
almost everyday 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 3:51am

Ugh, I have a couple of friends who try to have convos with me while they're pooping and I HATE that ish with a passion.

They wait til they're done or the convo is over to tell me that mess and think it's so funny cuz I'm usually disgusted.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 3:55am
only to pay bills. my family are all texting now.Ermm 

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 5:47am
Like me callin' someone else?  not often...

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Ugh, I have a couple of friends who try to have convos with me while they're pooping and I HATE that ish with a passion.

They wait til they're done or the convo is over to tell me that mess and think it's so funny cuz I'm usually disgusted.
Yuck !!Dead

-------------

Posted By: tamela10289
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:15am
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

She wants you to lead the conversation? When she's the one who called? Nuh-uh. I wouldn't be having that.

I find talking on the phone tiresome. I tell people to text me before they even think about calling me, cause most likely I will not answer unless your my momma. Talking on the phone is just too impersonal for me. I'd much rather want to see your face when engaging in conversation. You can't do that on the phone unless your video chatting or something.

This is me all day. I hate talkin on the phone. I feel like we always need to be talkin, & when were not there's that awkward silence... Ugh I hate that. I prefer to just text or talk in person, which I can do all day. Don't call me unless its about money, a job, somebody dying, or somebody in the hospital.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:08am
ten hours a day or more.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: Over_all
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:13am
Alot actuallly texting is so informal to me and I don't see it as a real convo people often get mad at me because I break off texting like I was never talking to them but ehhhh

Posted By: beautiful-stranger
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:16am
It think I can only talk to people I'm getting to know on the phone like there are actually tons of things to talk about other than that my phone calls are limited to a few minutes to a select few family and friends. 

-------------
Ain't no body got time fo dat.

Posted By: acaraway
Date Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:20am
Occasionally, but only if called.
My friends really like to skype though.

Print Page | Close Window