Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=354306
Printed Date: Oct 15 2018 at 8:31pm

Topic: Review 2: Gigis Beautiful Locs- Pics Inside
Posted By: HoneyS7
Subject: Review 2: Gigis Beautiful Locs- Pics Inside
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:03pm
Hi Ladies!

I will try to make this quick. In brief, I originally "reviewed" Gigi's Beautiful Locs back in August (see that here:  http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/review-gigis-beautiful-locs_topic344989.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/review-gigis-beautiful-locs_topic344989.html ). I put "review" in quotes because I paid for the hair and wrote about it on my own accord. She did not ask me too. She was (and still is) a new, small company, and I know that word of mouth is extremely important to such companies. 

Unfortunately, after my second purchase, I have to say I would NOT recommend this hair, unless you need something quick and pretty. It IS not of the quality that I prefer to spend my money on. Unhappy If you glanced at the first review, you might be wondering why I purchased again. Well, the awesome sale aside, I REALLY love the curl pattern, and this second go 'round didn't disappoint either- I still LOVE the curls; but, I simply can't deal with the shedding and subsequent tangling. It is ridiculous. At the rate this hair is shedding, I probably have a few washes left, and it will be too thin to use (I like big hair). I currently have it on a lace closure wig that I had made for me. I take it off every night.

I didn't ask the owner to do anything about this batch of hair, because I purchased it in the very late summer, and didn't have a wig made out of it until December. I know there's a statute of limitation on such things, so I didn't expect her to do anything... and when I let her know about the problem, she didn't. LOL Again, I didn't expect her too, because it's been months since I purchased the hair. It was my mistake, I suppose, for taking too long to use it. However, I'd been wearing my own hair and didn't need it.

I will say, that when I messaged her about it, here was her exact reply: "Hello I'm ok I have changed vendors since then already for my summer curl so it wouldn't really make sense for the review but thanks for giving me a update and I'm so sorry that you had to experience so much shedding. The hair was pretty but the vendor wasn't doing their job with the wefting so I had to change." Perhaps now that she has a new vendor, the hair will be better, but I won't be taking the plunge unless someone else reviews the hair from this new vendor first.

Onto the pictures:

Packaging:

Fresh out of Packages: Pretty as it is, this shows another one of my issues. It's sold as "virgin" hair, but the processing clearly doesn't start at the beginning of the weft. I like my curls to start at the top of the weft: 

Washing (You can see the nature of where the tangles begin kind of in the 2nd pic):

Shedding from the 1st wash and 2nd wash:

Here is a great capture of a tangle in the hair (1st pic- top, left); The second pic also shows how it tangles as soon as it gets wet; The bottom left pic is the hair drying; and the final pic is just what I had left after the wig was made:

Hair Drying (with/without flash). I love the color and the ringlets :) :

Finally, here is the hair on me. Sorry for the edits, I don't want my face all over these net streets Tongue And sorry for no top pics, I have a few, but they are on another laptop:

-------------
I often wish that I could save everyone, but I'm a dreamer.

Replies:
Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:16pm
There was another thread in the newbies section where someone had a bad experience with her hair. The curl pattern is nice but the shedding looks horrible....thanks for the review Honey S7.

-------------
Only real women can support/compliment another without feeling some type of insecurity--Jay H.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

There was another thread in the newbies section where someone had a bad experience with her hair. The curl pattern is nice but the shedding looks horrible....thanks for the review Honey S7.

Aww that sucks. I hope people research and see these threads before they buy again.

-------------

Posted By: Hawk
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:32pm
o wow, it looks really nice installed, that shedding is a shame..

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:38pm
wow thats alot of hair you lost.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:44pm
Yes, and I use the regimen of a seasoned weave vet :-) I don't sleep on it at night, I don't wear it when I work out. I have no idea why it act likes that. I tried a shower comb (the uber wide-toothed one); I tried finger-only detangling. Nothing stops the tangles, but my fingers give me far fewer tangles than the comb, so I stick with that.

-------------

Posted By: honeybee10
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:04pm
CryShocked

-------------
In mourning for the sex section...CHOGH for life

Team CHOGH Charter Member

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:28pm
I'd like to add that all this shedding is even AFTER she sealed it.

-------------

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:29pm
I wish people would get it together

-------------

Posted By: tmrockville
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:26pm
That is a shame cause your install pics look really nice!

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

wow thats alot of hair you lost.

Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:45am
Originally posted by tmrockville tmrockville wrote:

That is a shame cause your install pics look really nice!

Indeed! Hey, I will still rock my wig while I can. But, I'll be making another curly purchase soon. The more I use this one, the more I'll have to wash it, and well.... you know how that will end. Cry

-------------

Posted By: Duchess of Cali
Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 10:53am
Sorry you had issues with shedding and tangling. Nice install and that curl pattern looks great on you! BTW...what lip color are you wearing the top right picture? LOVES IT!!!Heart

Posted By: mzdivaslife
Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:28am
Wow...THIS!!Angry

-------------
I left BHM in 2008, And 4 years later, like a crack addict, im back! Go figure...

Posted By: drahmafree
Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 3:09pm
those curls are beautiful....that tangling and shedding is a sin & a shame....smh. 

-------------
twitter:@_darkadaberri
IG: @darkadaberri

Posted By: drahmafree
Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 3:12pm
ms. blue, your avi has me dying....

-------------
twitter:@_darkadaberri
IG: @darkadaberri

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 3:16pm
Oh my

Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 4:31pm
I agree. A sin against beautiful curls :(

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Duchess of Cali Duchess of Cali wrote:

Sorry you had issues with shedding and tangling. Nice install and that curl pattern looks great on you! BTW...what lip color are you wearing the top right picture? LOVES IT!!!Heart

Thank you! It's a color from a place in seoul, Korea called Innis Free. I was living there for a while. You might be able to find it on gmarket.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by HoneyS7 HoneyS7 wrote:

Originally posted by Duchess of Cali Duchess of Cali wrote:

Thank you! It's a color from a place in seoul, Korea called Innis Free. I was living there for a while. You might be able to find it on gmarket.

Thank you, I found it!!! Would you be willing to tell me the # on your tube? I would greatly appreciate it. Big smile

-------------
<<<----- Former lurker that has come out of the shadows.

Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:08pm
Yay! There are actually 2 #'s on the tube. I'll give both: 20110817 and the other is 10354S. The first one has korean characters after it that are not available on my phone right now. I put pink gloss over it :-)

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:23pm

Yay! There are actually 2 #'s on the tube. I'll give both: 20110817 and the other is 10354S. The first one has korean characters after it that are not available on my phone right now. I put pink gloss over it :-)

Thank you so much!Thumbs Up

-------------
<<<----- Former lurker that has come out of the shadows.

Posted By: MISS CR
Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 10:08pm
Why do vendors start the curl pattern so far down the track? I hate that. Your install looks really good but so sorry about the shedding

Date Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 10:44am
I don't know! I HATE that though. I want my curlies from weft to tip Disapprove.

Here is a picture of the top. Mind you, it's not styled/adjusted or anything, just threw put it on and fastened it in the back, because I know how BHM hates install pics without the top Smile One is with flash and one is without I believe.

The closure density is a bit off on the hairline (I asked for it to be thinner and the request went unheard I suppose). However, I have plucked it a bit, and when I style it, it looks much more natural than this LOL

-------------

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 11:26am
wow, i actually gasped when i saw that shedding.  hopefully she has a better vendor now.

you worked the install though!

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Date Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 12:56pm
[QUOTE=HoneyS7] I don't know! I HATE that though. I want my curlies from weft to tip Disapprove.

Here is a picture of the top. Mind you, it's not styled/adjusted or anything, just threw put it on and fastened it in the back, because I know how BHM hates install pics without the top Smile One is with flash and one is without I believe.

The closure density is a bit off on the hairline (I asked for it to be thinner and the request went unheard I suppose). However, I have plucked it a bit, and when I style it, it looks much more natural than this

-------------

Posted By: Alex Urameshi
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 8:37pm
The hair looks nice. :)

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 6:17pm
Thank you!

-------------

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 6:35pm
I think the vendor over processed the hair during the coloring process . The hair looks similar to a batch I ruin trying to reach a golden blonde years ago . Your install looks nice .

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I think the vendor over processed the hair during the coloring process . The hair looks similar to a batch I ruin trying to reach a golden blonde years ago . Your install looks nice .

That's just it though, it wasn't supposed to colored at all Ouch It's allegedly "virgin" "Brazilian" hair LOL

-------------

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 6:48pm

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

That's just it though, it wasn't supposed to colored at all Ouch It's allegedly "virgin" "Brazilian" hair LOL
Lord have mercy . LOLCryHug

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Date Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 2:22pm
Shedding from today's wash CryCryOuchDead

Posted By: GA_Diva
Date Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 8:55pm
pretty curl pattern, sorry about the shedding thou

Date Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 4:06pm
Thanks GA! My hunt for quality curly continues :)

Date Posted: May 22 2013 at 8:31am
So the link I posted on this to Facebook keeps getting reported. Lol. I put it in that group "be-weavable" and someone keeps reporting it and the link keeps getting removed.... 

Posted By: Nigerian_princess
Date Posted: May 22 2013 at 11:26am
Awww someones doing damage control!!

Print Page | Close Window