Print Page | Close Window

BSL/BSB 2013.

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=354282
Printed Date: Dec 14 2017 at 5:47pm

Topic: BSL/BSB 2013.
Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Subject: BSL/BSB 2013.
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:17am
Well I never thought I'd start another challenge but I'm setting my goals high for this year, anybody out there trying to to achieve bra strap/ between shoulder blade..?

Rules:
I don't have any it's all about discipline in yourself to achieve. I also believe in a little encouragement from everyone who is on board.
Feel free to share how you think you will get there whether it's growth aids, crown and glory etc.

Only one thing.. I'm only allowing 13 people to join me on the quest..
(but since there is low traffic or if we suddenly get a surge in numbers I'll allow 20)

You can join anytime we have 11 months to go!! Big smile

Lurkers welcome!! Wink

Replies:
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:22am
Start Length - Almost APL in back, CBL in most other areas.

I Co.Wash Wednesdays (Any random cheap conditioner at the moment)
I Shampoo/Deep Condition Sundays (Alternate Loreal Elvive Colour Care and CON/ ORS Replenshing trying to get rid of Vatika Naturals Purple Lid and Beautiful Textures Deep Cons)
My staples are: CON Argan Oil, ORS Replenishing Con,Coconut Oil, Shea Butter.
Other bits and bobs: I take a multivitamin, glucosamine sulphate, cod liver oil and b complex.
I apply coconut oil twice day.

Smile

-------------

Posted By: renee728
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:08pm
I'll lurk!!! LOL

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 4:51pm
I'll join! I'm currently APL but my real goal is MBL by the end of this year.

Reggie:

Daily vits: HF, garlic pill
Exercise at least 3x a week, drink ~64oz of water daily
Growth Oils: Liquid Gold every other day over entire head, LG on edges daily.
Currently PSing until the Spring
Wash hair 2x a month with Terressentials bentonite clay
Henna 1x a month or every 2 months.
Daily moisturizing with water/aloe vera/MSM/essential oils mix
GHE'ing every other day.

I'll update with links to my current length as I did a length check last week. I'm not length checking again probably until March or April.

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:54pm
Renee, Welcome lurker TongueLOL

modelbusiness you've most certainly got your stuff together , looks like a soli regimen and welcome thank you for joining us! Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 11:43am
Anybody else??

-------------

Posted By: Emily Loretta
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:23am
I'm only SL, almost CBL, so BSL is a bit of a stretch for me, even in a year, but I'm rooting for you guys!

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:28am
@kikiscorpio

Your hair has grown so much! I think you should claim APL!

i'll probably lurk this challenge.

-------------

You haven't arrived until your twitter is verified.

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 4:53am
Well thanks for encouragement Emily and wishing you luck for your goals hun!!

Hey Amy, I really want to claim but not until the sides are at least there thanks for joining us, hope we can make these goals together .

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 5:00am
Just to say guys I will posting pictures next month so thats when my next colour touchup will happen. I've decided to trim every 8 weeks to prevent the split ends that so love to invade my strands so thats next month.
This year i will be hardcore protective styling with buns of my own and hair pieces so I can really push for my end of year goals.
Keep us posted on what your plans are to get to the next milestone ladies!!

-------------

Posted By: relaxedtresses
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:41pm
Me! I know I will make it this year! Im almost there. But Id like to claim a full healthy (nice blunt ends) dont have to stretch (cuz im relaxed) full BSL! (MAYBE grazing MBL

-------------
TO WEAVE OR NOT TO WEAVE...THAT IS ALWAYS THE QUESTION

Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:49pm

I wash weekly with Elasta Qp moisturizing shampoo or shea moisture moisture retention. Condition with ORS replenishing pak.
Try to keep my moisture/protein balance in check.
Moisturize and seal every other night.
Vitamins: GNC ultranourish hair
Growth aids: liquid gold sulphur growth oil every other night.
Relax every 10-12 weeks
Airdry then flatiron, braid under wig, or bun

-------------

Posted By: darkbarbie
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 11:15pm
Good Luck Ladies

Date Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:18am

Maybe this is a better a pic because it was taken more recently. Im almost there. I think my vitamins are helping a lot. I am in that challenge too!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 1:57pm
Hey relaxedtresses, I remember you form the previous bsl challenge, you've made good progess! Your excitement and determination will get you to your next goal, welcome aboard! Wink

Thanks for encouragement darkbarbie Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Sapphire
Date Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 11:03am
I would like to join but I am currently in yarn twists. I won't be taking this set out until March 5 and I don't have a current pic. I hope to be stretched bsl by the end of the year. My back layers are already stretched apl.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 1:02pm
Hey Sapphire more than welcome to join are you hardcore protective styling only reason I asked just cause you mentioned yarn braids? Don't you worry about pics whenever you can is fine :) Do you have a solid regimen at all you can share?

Posted By: momolicious21
Date Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 2:37pm
I NEED to join a challenge! Can I join? Embarrassed

Date Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 4:41pm
Course you can momolicious , come on in and join our 6 person party .
Drop your deets love share what your ultimate hair goal etc. Were all in this together!

Posted By: PhoenixInFlight
Date Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 5:41pm
Count me in! I'm at APL right now, my ambitious goal is to reach MBL by the end of the year. I do feel it's realistic that I'll reach BSL/BSB by autumn. My strategy is to hide my hair in cornrows and cover it with wigs when I have to leave the house, which isn't that often. I have a work wig which I only use once or twice a week. Then I have another wig to wear outside of work when I want to look cute but if I'm just running out real quick I'll just throw on a beanie.

I'm upping my protein intake through my diet. 2 or 3 boiled eggs every day. More tuna, chicken, sardines, beans and may incorporate protein shakes again soon. Drinking more water and exercising. For vitamins I'm drinking a half teaspoon of powdered MSM in a cup of juice daily, fish flax borage oil capsules and an HSN supplement.

Topically I'm oiling my scalp a few times a week with JBCO which I mixed a few drops of lavender, sage, peppermint and rosemary essential oils to.

I'm taking down and redoing my cornrows once a month where I will give myself a thorough wash and DC. Actually due to do that tonight, while it's out I'll take a length pic and try to post it to the thread.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 6:40pm
My starting point. Fresh out of my cornrows this evening. My hair is relaxed but ORS no-lye normal relaxer leaves some texture to my hair which i like. I relax 2 or 3 times a year. This year it'll probably be two since I'm hiding it away for most of the year. Don't plan to relax again until I reach BSL.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 2:33am
PhoenixInFlight your regimen sounds like a combination of all of my old ones haha except the msm and the relaxer. What is going in your protein shake I've always wanted to try one to see if it helps :) thanks for your starting pic and welcome aboard !!

Posted By: kimmy90
Date Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 10:42am
I would like to join. Will come back with stats..

Posted By: KunoichiNindroid
Date Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 11:15am
I'm already in a lot of challenges but my goal this year is to get to BSL no matter what!!! Okay can I partially join the challenge? I don't think I'll be able to update too often. I'm in braids right now and I'm shoulder length.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 11:39am
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

PhoenixInFlight your regimen sounds like a combination of all of my old ones haha except the msm and the relaxer. What is going in your protein shake I've always wanted to try one to see if it helps :) thanks for your starting pic and welcome aboard !!

Thanks for the welcome!

I use Natures Bounty Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix.

For me personally it's the best I've found as far as all the nutrients. Here is a list of the ingredients

Dietary Supplement

Beauty Starts on the Inside™

• Gluten Free
  • Nutrient Rich Formula
  • Excellent Source of Fiber 5g^
  • Great Source of Protein 15g^

Including:

• Essential B Vitamins
  • Antioxidants and Electrolytes
  • Prebiotics and Probiotics

Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions® Chocolate Shake is a complete protein & vitamin shake mix which addresses the needs of women.

Energy Metabolism* - Vitamin B1, B2, B6, B12 along with Niacin and Folic Acid

Immune Health* - Vitamin C & D

Bone Health* - Calcium and Vitamin D

Digestive Health* - ProbioGuard™ Proprietary Probiotic Blend & Digestive Enzyme Blend

Cell Growth and Function* - Complete Profile of Amino Acids

Hair, Skin & Nail Health* - Biotin

Contains Balanced Electrolytes and Omega-3
Optimal Solutions® Chocolate Shake is composed of a proprietary blend including whey and pea protein.  Each serving contains 15 grams of protein and provides 100% daily value of all B vitamins, along with prebiotics, probiotics and enzymes, to support energy metabolism and digestive health.*  The B vitamin biotin also supports the health of hair, skin and nails.*  Optimal Solutions® Chocolate Shake also provides 800 IU of vitamin D2, twice the DV for vitamin D, which supports immune and bone health.*  Enjoy a serving of Optimal Solutions® Chocolate Shake, the nutrition you need for a healthy body.*

Typical Amino Acid Profile (milligrams per 33g serving*****)

Essential Amino Acids

Nonessential Amino Acids

Histidine

329 mg

Alanine

610 mg

Isoleucine

671 mg

Arginine

963 mg

Leucine

1,264 mg

Aspartic Acid

1,618 mg

Lysine

1,031 mg

Cysteine

188 mg

Methionine

209 mg

Glutamic Acid

2,450 mg

Phenylalanine

715 mg

Glycine

507 mg

Threonine

683 mg

Proline

953 mg

Tryptophan****

150 mg

Serine

764 mg

Valine

757 mg

Tyrosine

547 mg

****L-Tryptophan is naturally occurring, not added.

*****Approximate value.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 12:38pm
Ohhh it sounds delish that does Phoenix I think in a general sense I will up my protein in few months time as I'm try to eat a lot better. Thanks for sharing :)
kimmy90 thank you for coming on the journey, let us know and see what your working with when you can
Kunoichi whatever feels comfortable for you hun, if you can share your regimen then you are more than welcome, like I said you can officially join anytime

Date Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 12:41pm
Happy Valentine's day ladies!! Whatever is happening or not happening hope your having a lovely day/afternoon/evening and your hair is protected and looking cute haha !!

Date Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 4:54am
So ladies I've been actively bunning since the 12th and I think I'm getting the hang of the marley hair but now I'm concentrating on keeping my edges as they can be sensitive at times. I think I can solve that with castor oil and loosening my bun at night and to get the right amount of moisture into my hair so it can last between the 2-3 days.
I'm due for a s&d in 3 weeks but looking at my ends I might have yo start doing at 6 weeks, we shall in a weeks time :)
Any updates??

Date Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 11:47am
I think I gave myself protein overload last weekend so I am in the process of fixing that. I find that baggying overnight with my leave in after wash is really helping with dryness. I wake up in the morning and seal with grapeseed oil and air dry...soft hair! Getting ready to relax in a few weeks so I can lenght check.

Posted By: bajanbklyngirl
Date Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 10:40pm
I think I will be in lurk mode for awhile, at least until can comfortably claim APL. Plus I haven't been the best consistent poster this year, lol.

Date Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 1:54am
I hear such great things about grapeseed oil, I must try someday when I have less products lol. Glad your turning that protein overload around love. Let us know when it settles :)
bajanbklyngirl that's fine i'm still trying to get to apl also, join whenever you feel ready :D

Posted By: cheche
Date Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 10:35am
I would like to join this challenge..

Here is some recent shots of my hair:

I have no idea what will be my regimen. But I will update that part when I figure it out.

Date Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 11:01am
Your curls are gorgeous love , welcome to the bsl 2013 house cheche LOL !!
If you need help with regimen building I'm here but I ain't gonna product push ya lol :)

Date Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 3:49pm
I wouldn't say that I'm a hardcore protective styling, I'm more in the middle. I had recently cut off about 1-1.5 inches from my ends as my yearly major trim. Whenever I get tired of doing my hair, I either do mini twists or yarn braids/twists. But I am anxious to take these out because I wanna try and rod set my hair.

For these yarn twists, I have been exceptionally lazy. I usually wet and seal my hair and leave it in a bun for two weeks. After two weeks I take the bun down wash my hair, deep condition, seal and bun it back up for two weeks. Once a month, I redo my perimeter.

My usual reggie is to wash deep condition and oil rinse my hair once a week. Once a month I use my bentonite clay to clarify my scalp and hair. The shampoos I use are the butters n bars honey and black soap, aphogee moisturizing or sallys version of the nexxus humectress. My conditioners are lekair cholesterol, any suave conditioner or the aussie moist. My sealant is a blend of coconut, tea tree,  castor, grapeseed and vitamin e oil plus a little glycerin. My styling aid is the oyin whipped pudding.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 3:37am
I wish I was that patient to be able be to put in yarn braids etc. Last year I put in braids and it took me at least 3 days cause I couldn't clasp the hair with my hands right.LOL
Maybe one day..Smile
Sapphire it sounds like you got all the good stuff in the regimen.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 3:37am
Hey ya'll! Just checking in here. My hair is still cornrowed and being hidden under wigs when I go out. Taking my vitamins, drinking lots of water and being conscious of my diet.

Since re-braiding my hair I was feeling concerned about the dryness and how I can keep my hair moisturized while in the cornrows. I'd moisturize with a creamy leave-in and I was sealing with Amla oil and oiling my scalp with my JBCO mix but my hair would soak it up and soon after feel so dry and prone to breakage.

Well yesterday I was in Family Dollar in the longest line on earth waiting to purchase my monthly visitor supplies when my eyes roamed over to the hair section and landed on the grease. I started reminiscing about how my older sister use to always have a small tub of that green Ultra Sheen grease with her just in case she needed to grease her scalp. Her hair was always long. Then I recalled how whenever my hair felt weak I would grease my scalp and rub a bit on my hair to regain strength and elasticity to my hair.. Lamp I spot the Soft Sheen Herbal Gro with a Maximum Strength bubble on it and it was only a dollar so I snatched it up.

When I got home I took one braid out at a time, greased my scalp and rubbed a bit on the middle and ends of my hair and rebraided it until I had done my whole head over. Yes yes yall, I went old school on my head and I have to say, my hair being in the cornrows feels much better, softer yet stronger since being greased.

I'm gonna use this tub of grease instead of my other products when my hair and scalp begin to feel dry again as kind of an experiment to see if I notice an increase in growth. Petroleum is the first listed product  to hold all the other ingredients together but all the other ingredients are pretty impressive as far as the list of oils & herbs. 

I'll post another length pic at my next take down and redo of my cornrows. I may do longer than a month this time. HHG!

Date Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 3:44am
Yes Phoenix! All the times people were doubting grease sometimes you just change how you use to your advantage. I know I still have to big tubs of Dax and Blue Magic when I'm in need of help for my ends. Can't wait for the pics

Posted By: Shardd:)
Date Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 8:17am
Hey *waves* I'd like to join!

Well I made BSL in about May of last year and since then its been setback city. Bad ends, heat damage, protein overload, scissor happy stylists... its been dreadful, and I ended the year back at APL.

I'm back on my journey again, currently in weave and I belive I will make BSL again in May! I am disappointed like I wantedto be aiming for waistlength, but I'm just happy and excited to be growing my hair again!

Date Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 12:06pm
Hey Shardd :) , Don't worry hun you made it before and I know you'll make it again, I felt so bad for you  last year in the old challenge but I'm well and truly sure your hardwork will pay of this year. Smile

Welcome to the community! Tongue
Drop deets and all of that when you can!

Date Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 3:27pm
I remember you Shardd! Your hair grew out lovely. It will grow out again!
Cheche your curls are gorg!
Welcome everyone!

Date Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 6:49am
awhh thank you guys! Hug

I'm currently in weave and won't be out till April Ermm and I stopped taking length pictures as it made me so miserable, but I was definitely APL before I went into the weave.

I'll defo take a picture when i take it all down, but heres my reggie

My reggie is SO simple haha

Moisturise once a day with ORS moisturiser, seal with castor oil
deep condition once a week with elasta qp
I rarely poo, like once a month
going to be taking hair skin and nail vitamins, they worked good last time
and weaving it up

Date Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 6:56am
I also notced a distinct decrease in my hair quality when I  switched from castor oil to dax.

Posted By: Swift
Date Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 6:34pm
Sprinkling hair growth glitter all over this thread.  Grow on, ladies!! :)

Date Posted: Feb 22 2013 at 7:18am
I'm trying to be more minimal aswell Shardd by end of the year I'm hoping to only have 6 products in my stash, I need space for other things.
Thanks for the sprinkles Swift , rubbing on my scalp now

Posted By: cheche
Date Posted: Feb 23 2013 at 9:04pm
Awwwww thank you RelaxedTresses and KikiScorpio for he compliment Embarrassed

Posted By: LadyAradia
Date Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:26pm
Is it too late to join the challenge? I am barely grazing arm pit length in the back. (shorter layers around the face though)

Date Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 1:44pm
Not at all LadyAradia join the journey we still have spaces welcome!

Date Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 4:12pm
My hair is 3b/c and color treated.
Not going to color it anymore for a while.
 I use
One n Only Thermal Ionic Japanese Straightener color treated formula OR
Quantum Thermal Japanese Straightener color treated formula (both at Sally's)
 [These are amonia thioglycolate relaxers. you apply straightening cream, rinse flat iron it THEN apply neutralizer] so they are like a jerry curl only you permanently set by flat ironing instead of rolling on perm rods. Gentler for fine color treated hair than a lye perm. You can not get the hair wet or wrinkled in any way for 3 days after straightening.

I just stopped using shampoo deciding to cowash instead. I use

silicon mix w/ bamboo conditioner
ApHogee two step conditioner after chemical processes
dollar store balsam conditioner for shampoo (cowash only once or twice /month)
elasta qp reflect oil sheen spray
coconut oil (frequent use)
castor oil (mainly for ends or pre shampoo GHE overnight treatment since hair is fine)
getting avocado oil asap (for daily use on hair & face [good for dark spots on skin too])
getting a kilo of msm powder (sulfur the body can process. great for hair/skin/nails) to take 3 tbsps daily in juice
getting biotin 5000 tabs to take 1/day
getting a tube of monistat 7 to add to my avocado oil when I get it (for daily use).

*Green House Effect  hair wrapped under a with conditioner cap and doo wrag and satin bonnet 2  times/week

*Wrap hair every night with doo wrag and satin bonnet (NO HEAT)
made some castor oil with cayanne pepper and garlic powder (for sulfur) to do hot oil before shampoo. MAY need to use real shampoo after that
May get some Shapley's MTG horse oil to alternate as an overnight GHE hot oil treatment pre poo.

I need a suggestion for a really good deep conditioner.
Does anyone use

Elasta Qp Soy Oyl UltraHydration Deep Conditioner?

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I need a suggestion for a really good deep conditioner.
Does anyone use

Elasta Qp Soy Oyl UltraHydration Deep Conditioner?

Thanks for posting all your deets. I wouldn't have been ablw to tell from that picture that your hair is fine it's looks nice and dense and full Smile.

I have always wanted to try this conditioner aswell, I hear good things about it to but I have my staple ORS replenishing con, it's got a lil protein but mostly moisturising but I can see from the regimen you don't have a problem with protein, do they do that Elasts QP in a small bottle cause where I am they only do it in big, maybe you could try it??
Also check out the product review thread they may have it in there. Smile

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:18am
So I looked at my ends since I said last time I might need to trim/S&D but I think it'll be okay until my next colour touch up (Due march 15th) . Bunning has been a breeze after reading up on the pros and cons I know I will be just fine, I'm learning to get experimental with styles now so all the weight of the marley hair is not resting on that same spot.
 March will be the month I start getting rid of my leave ins. I know now that liqud leave ins are OUT when it comes to my hair.
 I have also recently discovered that
Herbal Essenses Hello Hydration (Old Formula) does not work on my coloured hair, I won't repurchase anymore just because they changed the ingredients last year and I'm not prepared to spend precious change on new ingredients that may not work.

Ladies wherever your at hope your having a lovely morning/evening/afternoon Smile

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 1:02pm
I will definitely buy the ORS Replenish conditioner that you use instead of the Elasta qp product now to start! Love that it has stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) in it. I tried cowashing today after putting  in cayanne and castor yesterday and doing ghe last night. My hair was really greazy  but now after 3 lathers with just white rain coconut dollar store conditioner, it feels clean and soft  not stripped!!! In fact I would never want it any more dried out than this. It is fluffy and dried out feeling just using conditioner and it was EXTREMELY GREASY when I did this. Actually I probably could have done with just 2 lathers of cream rinse to leave a little moisture in the hair! It feels dried out even though I DC w/ silicon mix after co washing. Realizing you do not need damaging detergents to clean the hair is utterly amazing to me, and I cant believe I was using drying soap on my hair all this time

I love co washing! I think I will only co wash from now on instead of using drying detergents on my  hair. Friday, I will buy the msm, biotin, and ors repl cond and avocado oil. (my big splurge day!)

Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:32am
I am so excited. I went to Walmart and got Biotin 5000mcg  for only $6 and a bottle of ORS Replenish DC  I took one pill already. They are so small I think I will take 2/day or 10,000mcg/day But I will drink tea all day long everyday to balance that out.

Date Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:14pm
That's such a good deal LadyA and yeah definitely balance out that high dosage . I really hope the ors works for you as I hate to suggest anything if I know I haven't tried myself. Let me know how you get on

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:29am
Forgot to mention perhaps the most important. I also picked up Wave Nouveau Moisturizing finishing lotion for like $4.00 from Sally's (not in spray but squirt) I used to use this years ago and remember it kept my hair silky and moist, smoothed the texture out more, and the hair grows like weeds with it. It is not like a curl moisturizer really because it is made for a "dry look" like a relaxer. But I do wrap my hair at night with it and it feels like silky butter! You should not use any heat in your hair with this though because it has glycerine in it. Maybe you can but I would not. I tried the blow dryer on a piece in the front that was already dry with the product and it was ok. but i would avoid heat.

Anyways, on the parking lot, I couldnt wait so i put a small amount all in the back of my hair. When I got home that did not feel particularly moist after it dried. In fact it felt a little stiff after the 1st application dried. Later last night I put more on and let it air dry. I got the SMOOTH silky dry look feeling I remember with this product. VERY moist  feeling. This is a protective styling in a way all by itself. So this is what I will be doing. (by the way, this stuff can help some people stretch their relaxers especially with bunning or pony tails.) But it is a ghe waiting to happen. Remember how people always say their hair grew w/ jerry curls. It was because of the glycerine in products helping to retain the length. THIS one is for a dry look with glycerine so imo it is the best option for most.
PS I am wrapping my hair at night with this in the hair.
This girl's hair grew to BSL later after using this!

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 9:10pm
I took my yarn twists out yesterday and washed my hair once with the aphogee deep moisture shampoo and twice sally's version of the nexxus moisture shampoo. I deep condition with the shea moisture deep conditioner masque for about 30 min under the dryer then I left it in overnight. I washed it out this morning and proceeded to flexy rod my hair with the aunt jackie's curl la la.

Here are the results. I haven't separated the curls yet

Starting pics for the challenge

Posted By: MinnieMe
Date Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 7:49pm
Please let me in. Let me in!!! Cry

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 2:23am
Sapphire your hair looks gorgeous. It must be nice to be able feel your hair fully again until it starts acting up, thanks for posting pics.
MinnieMe your more than welcome to join just add all the necessary info and if you have any questions just ask and I'll try and help .
There are 3 spots left ladies!!!

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 2:37am
I trim/s&d yesterday ladies I couldn't hack looking at those splits and   ssks. Maybe I need the cut at 6 weeks instead of 8 and stick to it! We evaluate this move in May.

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 5:50am
Hey ladies! So I've decided I'm sick of the wigs. I go through stages of loving and hating them. Short time loving, long time hating. 

Last weekend I decided to take the cornrows out and I put it up into a high big poofy bun. Even though I relax, if I don't blow dry and flat iron it puffs out and combing it out from cornrows I'll have a huge loose textured fro. I loved my bun and so did everyone else. People at my job who don't usually compliment on my appearance were giving me compliments.

Earlier that day I purchased the hair to do senegalese twists along with braid spray but now I'm very hesitant to even put them in. My original plan was to hide my hair and also stretch until I reach BSL which I feel will take me up until the end of summer but those few days of wearing my hair in the bun has thrown a monkey wrench in my thought process concerning my hair. 

My edges are showing signs of improvement since removing my sew-in and giving myself a touch up. I don't want to ruin that progress with tension and stress from extensions. I also don't want to weaken my strands being intertwined with the synthetic hair for long periods of time. Even though I fell in love with the look and wanted them, the fear of a setback is making me feel like it won't be worth it.

So my new plan of action at this stage of my journey to BSL is to just wear my hair and do low manipulation styles; alternating between buns and setting with flexi-rods to clip/pin it into an updo. I'll co-wash weekly and moisturize often and never ever ever wear it down. I'm not happy with the length so this will be easy for me. When I it BSL I'll let it swang. Until then it's up up and away.

I'll have to blow-dry my hair with the attachment to make my hair manageable. One thing I am committed to is only relaxing twice a year.

Perhaps after a month or two goes by of me infusing moisture and strength into my strands and my edges filling in more I'll revisit the thought of doing the twists but for now my hair is out of hiding.

HHG!

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 6:14am
Sapphire that look really works for you. How long does the set last you? Do you retwist them at night in about 8 bantu knots  to maintain the look after moisturizing and oiling/sealing the ends?
Notice the girl above wraped 2 stands then twisted. I dont usually use 2 strands in each twist.  I do like the idea of the shea butter setting gel though for a oilier hold product. [CANTU Shea butter for natural hair MOISTURIZING Twist and lock gel along with the ORS moisturizing lotion and castor oil, satin bonnet  Sapphire.]

Minnie Me your hair looks wonderful! It already looks bsb length

PhoenixinFlight your plan sounds like a GREAT idea. Remember a lot of nightly moisturizing and sealing the ends with a good oil. (also some sort of protective wrap at night with satin bonnet! What do you use for that? I hear  ORS moisturizing lotion and Castor oil work great for nightly moisturizing and sealing! . Maybe you can do bantu knots on you ponytail at night after oiling and sealing too to stretch it!

Her hair looks really flyaway. It would have looked a lot better if she had moisturized and sealed her hair with some oil and used  maybe a couple more knots. She also could have brushed it tighter and smoother at the roots and put some oil on that.  (a tiny bit of setting product like the other girls used too)
Last night I did my castor oil with cayanne pepper and garlic overnight ghe. I applied, massaged, then wrapped my hair and put on a wig cap. THEN I put on the conditioner cap over the wig cap and wrap, then a doo wrag and a satin bonnet over that. When I woke up around 4 am I took off the conditioner cap but left on the wig cap with the hair wrapped underneath. Put back on the doo wrag and bonnet for a while because my hair was WET but wrapped under there. I went back to sleep so my hair could dry but still wrapped under a  tight stocking cap/wig cap/bonnet etc.  That way I woke up to dry,oiled  GHEed and wrapped hair. 
PS I am getting ORS moisturizing lotion too

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 8:50am
Hey LadyAradia! Thanks for the video ideas and I totally forgot about bantu knots, yes I will be incorporating that too into my regi especially when my new growth starts getting out of hand. My touch up was the first week of January so it's been two months and I've got an inch and a half so far. For my moisturizing lotion right now I'm using IC Fantasia Pure Tea moisturizing lotion and 100% pure coconut oil to seal.

I've gotta try that GHE!

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 9:19am
Hola ladies! ^_^

Ok so I finally got the chance to wash my hair and was able to take pics too. So, it looks like I'm hovering around BSL but I'm not really sure - you be the judge. My hair has definitely grown though and I've fully recovered from my horrible marley twist incident in January. :)

Full growth progress since last Summer on my http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigapplestyle/sets/72157630289514514/" rel="nofollow - flickr ...

ETA: the last 3 pics in the set are the most recent ones from last tonight....

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 10:06am
Hi PhoenixinFlight! Now you've got me wanting to try IC Fantasia Tea Tree for my 2nd moisturizer  instead of ORS I guess I will have to try both to see which works best for my hair. LOL ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page. 

I see you take MSM too ! Mine came today in the mail. I got a kilo (2 lbs) off of ebay for a decent price. How much do you take? and how do you down it? I am planning to take 3 heaping table spoons and follow it with OJ.

ps From reviews, I get the sense that the fantasia is lighter so that will probably be good most days for me with my baby fine hair. and the ORS moisturizer is heavier so that will be good for really dry days or for those with thicker hair.

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 4:29pm
Modelbusines82 It looks like you could be very well 2-3 inches from bsl. I also think it depends on where your strap sits on your back.

LadyAradia This was my first time doing them and no I haven't been placing them in bantu knots. I have been doing the pineapple method and have yet to separate them. I'm just giving my hair a little time to rest before I braid it up and put in crochet braids.

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 4:31pm
Speaking of.. when are you all claiming bsl? When the touches the first part of the strap? When it touches the bottom part?

I don't want to claim it until my longest layer touches the bottom part of the strap. I think I may need another two years if I want to claim full bsl.

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 5:44pm

Hi PhoenixinFlight! Now you've got me wanting to try IC Fantasia Tea Tree for my 2nd moisturizer  instead of ORS I guess I will have to try both to see which works best for my hair. LOL ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page. 

I see you take MSM too ! Mine came today in the mail. I got a kilo (2 lbs) off of ebay for a decent price. How much do you take? and how do you down it? I am planning to take 3 heaping table spoons and follow it with OJ.

ps From reviews, I get the sense that the fantasia is lighter so that will probably be good most days for me with my baby fine hair. and the ORS moisturizer is heavier so that will be good for really dry days or for those with thicker hair.

I used to take MSM in the powder form. You're supposed to mix it in your juice. It's EXTREMELY bitter, so I wouldn't recommend taking it solo and then following up unless you enjoy a severe case of lock jaw. Most recommend mixing it with grapefruit juice as the traditionally more sour-ish flavor of grapefruit juice masks the bitterness of the powder. But you can mix it with anything as long as you can stomach the bitter flavor of the powder.

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Sapphire Sapphire wrote:

Modelbusines82 It looks like you could be very well 2-3 inches from bsl. I also think it depends on where your strap sits on your back.

LadyAradia This was my first time doing them and no I haven't been placing them in bantu knots. I have been doing the pineapple method and have yet to separate them. I'm just giving my hair a little time to rest before I braid it up and put in crochet braids.

Fantastic lol at this rate I'm 3 months away from BSL. I think I'm averaging 1inch per month with my Hairfinity & Liquid Gold GHE reggie.

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 6:28pm
thanks for that Modelbusines82 I will get some grapefruit juice. And if you are going to be BSL in 3 months that will be great! Thumbs Up I need about 6 inches to consider myself bsb.  Im thinking it will take me maybe a year if Im lucky  Ermm

Which one of the Liquid Gold formulas are you using ?

Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 11:56pm
Yes the IC Fantasia is a lighter moisturizer and not as rich as the ORS. I've used ORS in the past and I have nothing bad to say about it, it's a good one that I may revisit in the future. This time around I bought the IC Fantasia because I also bought their braid spray for my twist so I figured I'll use their moisturizing lotion to coat my hair with before braiding. I'm also partial to the smell of this line.

I only take about 3/4 of a teaspoon of MSM and I mix it in orange juice. Sometimes I'll take a vitamin C pill with my vitamin cocktail then make a cup of tea and mix the MSM in that. I never taste it in the OJ or tea. I read a Dr. say that the heat doesn't affect MSM negatively so it's safe to take it with tea.

While I'm posting I figure I should post a better starting picture that actually includes the B in BSL.

Sorry it's so grainy, it's the image from the mirror with no flash and cropped. I'm between 3 -4 inches away from bra strap in this bra. My hair grows about .75 inch per month so I'm hoping I can claim it in the next 6 months.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 12:02am
@LadyAradia - I use the Liquid Gold hair oil with sulfur in it. I think it's the sulfur that's really pushing my growth.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 3:02am
OMG I guess I have to buy that product too  modelbusines82 LOL
(growing hair is getting expensive LOL This will be my last growth aid ... i hope Embarrassed
PhoenixinFlight your hair is so thick and even at that length! I hope mine gets there one day Thumbs Up
Sapphire, that's great that you could go so long without separating it! Don't forget to start oiling scalp, moisturizing and sealing the ends though Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
Happy growing everyone Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

PS I was just reading Hairfinity's website and it really sounds amazing but I just can't buy another ga this month. Their site said biotin and msm are very important to extend the growth cycle of hair and increase hair growth. http://www.hairfinity.com/BiotinHairGrowth.htm
I heard that Hairfinity has 2500 mcg of biotin  750 mg msm. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLSBPZl_OlA ) I am taking much higher doses by taking the ingredients separately 10,000 biotin and like 3000 msm. The msm is sulphur so I think I am getting enough sulphur this month that I would miss from the liquid gold. SO... although I DO want to buy both of those products (hairfinity and liquid gold) I am going to have to put them off until next month at least. Disapprove

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 4:54pm
Honestly if you're getting enough biotin and MSM then you really don't need to get Hairfinity. HF just makes it easier by cutting down the total number of pills you're taking at once. I used HF for like 3-4 months last year and then switched to just taking either a cheaper HSN and then eventually just MSM & biotin. IMO if you can match the amounts of biotin and MSM in HF, then you're good.

Date Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 4:50am
Editing to add some stuff .. Be back after interview

Date Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 7:04am
Doing some more research, I think I AM missing one ingredient from your regimine which is silica
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=618023  
Apparently it is a holy trinity for hair growth (Biotin, MSM and Silica)

Now i have the silicon mix w/ bamboo and bamboo is great silica/silicon dioxide. But I found a list of silica supplements on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=silica+pills&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=7364233044&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=867415046369316068&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_1kankmrhf1_b
Of those I think I like the NOW Silica Complex 500mg 90 tabs for $6
or Bamboo Extract 300 mg for the same price

I am not sure.
Modelbusiness82 can you tell from the bottle how many mg silica is in each tab of HF?
I hear diatomaceous earth used for cleaning hair has silica but isn't that very drying to the hair?

Date Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 8:03pm

Yay! Im in Big smile

I am BSB but I would like to be full BSB by July which I think is way realistic considering I am a slow grower. Feb was my last length, and my next length check is for April. I wear wigs for protective styling, and I occasionally use growth aids. I am not taking any vitamins, but I do juice a couple times a week. I will come back with more info. My starting pic is on the right

Date Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 6:09am
Welcome MinnieMe Smile Your hair is so LONG already!! I am so happy for you. Have you thought of trying
one of the growth aids to speed up the growth since you think it grows slow ? Either way I am sure you
will be below your shoulder blade by July
Smile

I have a weird experience to share. Yesterday was wash day and I only use conditioner to clean my hair.

Then I tried the ORS Replenish conditioner and I LOVE it! when I rinsed it out my hair felt like it had

something so slick on it. Felt great and smells good too... Anyways after I put on little coconut oil, air

dried in a ponytail and put a few fat velcro rollers on for a bit of style, my hair had all this static

electricity. when I lifted my hand, my hair literally lifted up toward my hand. I even used a mist of

Elasta QP oil sheen last night and this morning it still had a little bit of static cling.

I am shocked! I mean it should not be dry with all this oil and not using shampoo anymore just

conditioner for cowashing. But obviously it IS still dry. No wonder my hair was not growing before,

it was parched to a crisp before!

Date Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 1:25pm
Glad you ladies are getting acquainted nicely just got a new job so less time on the net but I will have time to update as we finish at 5.
modelbusiness lovely pics and your goals are realistic for mbl this year as well as bsl keep up the good work!!
Thanks for your progress pics MinnieMe slow grower or not you can defo make bsl/bsb .. Keep us posted
LadyAradia glad the ors worked out for you, sorry to hear about your hair issues, moisturise like your life depends on it!

Date Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 1:31pm
I'm dyeing my hair this weekend. Will update with pictures when I can and also length check pics! The starting pictures are from January I have no idea my average growth rate except one time I left in a plait for a month and it grew a inch last year but I doubt I will get that this time.

Date Posted: Mar 09 2013 at 9:29am
Ok ladies I'm in the market for a new moisturizing conditioner. I'm stuck between CON ultimate moisturizing conditioner and Nexuss Humectress. Help a sister out!

Date Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 1:11am
I used to use humectress and it had zero oils in it. When my hair dried it  felt really dry with this.  Here are some of the ones I am looking into now for moisturizing conditioner:

Organic Root Olive Oil Hair Masque

Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Intense Moisture Creme

Elasta Qp Soy Oyl UltraHydration Deep Conditioner

Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer

I have used Silicon Mix with bamboo for a couple months and like it a lot

but Im getting the one on  top next

Organic Root Stimulator OLIVE OIL Hair Masque Intense Treatment 

Intense Treatment For Heat and Color Damaged Hair

For a leave in moisturizer I bought Wave Nouveau moisturizer last week but it left my hair too moist to keep it straight after a couple applications. So I want to try something else soon:

OLIVE OIL MOISTURIZING HAIR LOTION By ORGANIC ROOT STIMULATOR Hair Lotion

Here is a good thread for some other suggestions:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=456314 -

KikiScorpio92 I can't wait to see your hair color

Date Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 3:37am
I'm going to try to do an Amla+Henna rinse or at least an Amla mask on my hair this weekend. I'm excited to incorporate Amla into my reggie. :) 

Date Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 3:20pm
ugh!! I broke down and colored my roots. The ends seemed dry so I had to trim off about 1/2 inch or a bit more.  Pinch Cry  I have got to just leave it alone so it can do what it's going to do. I ran my fingers thru it and some strands came out. 

You girls if you haven't colored your hair yet maybe consider holding off... I wish I had
Now I really need the ApHogee 2 step protein and
ORS Olive oil hair masque!

Date Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 8:20pm
Thanks Lady!

Date Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 1:18am

Welcome MinnieMe Smile Your hair is so LONG already!! I am so happy for you. Have you thought of trying
one of the growth aids to speed up the growth since you think it grows slow ? Either way I am sure you
will be below your shoulder blade by July
Smile

Thanks LadyAradia! It has been a journey for me I have experienced everything hair under the sun. I love it though knowledge is power. I have been doing growth aids on and off. I am going to use sulfur and some MT. I sure hope I made it. I am going to weave it in April

Date Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 1:19am
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Thanks for your progress pics MinnieMe slow grower or not you can defo make bsl/bsb .. Keep us posted

Thanks Kiki I will be check in. I hope you ladies check in too so we can keep each other motivated! Big smile

Date Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 4:03am
I did say pictures at the weekend but I was out all of Sunday and got home and decided sleep was needed Wink

Here they come Smile :

A few bun pics, It's trial and error to get these right but more recent pics from the last two days look better. LOL

These pics are after the trim and I'm so happy with the sides and the crown as I was wondering if they had given up on me lol. Now to work equally on all the parts

Okay for colour touch-up, bearing in mind it's looks brighter in natural, non camera light but richer indoors. Smile

I will be getting rinses to keep the colour vibrant till next touch-up.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 6:53pm
Loving the red, what brand did you use?

Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 2:09am
Thanks Sapphire, its dark and lovely vivacious red it came out a lot better this time thanks to my mommy and knowing my stubborn areas.
Gonna get some adore semi permanent to keep it fresh till next touch-up.

Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 5:29pm

Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 5:50pm
What kind of protective styling are you all doing ? buns, ponytails, wraps, turbans?
I am oiling and wrapping at night and only finger combing

undefined
undefined

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=kinky+curl+banana+clip&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=spiral+curl+banana+clip&_sacat=0
undefined
http://www.black-women-beauty-central.com/do-a-weave-ponytail. - http://www.black-women-beauty-central.com/do-a-weave-ponytail.html

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.?_odkw=ponytail+draw&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=human+hair+ponytail+draw&_sacat=0 -

Date Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 3:14am
I'm bunning till I'm happy with the length which might be till my birthday in November :)

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 10:42am
UPDATE..So i did a 180 on my plan of protective styling my real hair with updos. I was getting frustrated with the 10 weeks of new growth and rather than keep manipulating the two textures or getting tempted to relax before the 6 month mark i went on and did my senegalese twists. I LOVE them! I started Tuesday at around 6:30 pm and finished half my head by 3am. Went to sleep and resumed at around noon and finished about 8pm. So altogether it took me about 16 hrs over 2 days. I think they look good for my first shot at it, small, long and uniformed. I braided at the root then began twisting as soon as it felt secure so the braid isnt too noticeable. I figured starting with the braid would be less tension at the root and longevity. I plan to leave them in 2 months and if my hair is still in good shape and im not sick of them ill reinstall again.

HHG!

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 3:30pm
Kiki thats a long time to bun but you gotta do what you gotta do! I've got 2 more weeks until I relax. I will be 12 weeks post

Date Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 6:28pm
I am thinking of getting a U wig as a protective style instead of a weave. Has anyone tried them?  
I really need  my hair out of sight and out of mind too  because I feel like it is not growing at all Disapprove... If I forget about it and don't even have to deal with it for a few months maybe it will be better 

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 4:09am
Phoenix that sounds great Ive always wanted a twist set but don't have enough patience but you did that in 16 hours I bet they came out looking amazing. Let us know how it progress over the next few weeks.
relaxedtresses I'm so very serious about reaching bsl/bsb cause it will be the biggest milestone onto my long term goal of mbl which I know I could easily get at bsl then I be doing all types of styles and dyes if you have pics of your touch-up when it comes time post a lil.
LadyA I can't say I have but don't feel discouraged I swear I feel like it ain't growing at least once a week but I plough on with my plans as eventually you will get there.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 4:19am
I remember reading a post on lhcf the other month about jojoba oil going up in price and I thought well that can't affect us british folk - WRONG! Its like 6.00 for 150ml!! I brought it shamefully as I like that hair shop cause the guys are always nice to me, next time I go I'm asking for my discount.
In better news I bought some old herbal essences the ones before the 2006 reboot. I forgot out easy they were to find here so I got the colour treated one and the one with rose hip in. Can't wait to use them!
The best bargain I got though was from the 99p store, beautiful ends( or long term relationship for you us ladis) the leave in was going for 99p. The bottle is in german but a leave in is a leave in regardless country of origin. I might go back and raid the shelf to be honest as in another store its like 4.99.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 8:30am
Well quick update. I got the hair skin and nail vitamins by perfectil, and had an allergic reaction! I was horribly itchy and had this awful prickly sensation all over my body from tip to toe. I did research and found I had niacin induced itching, known as 'flushing'. I've since stopped taking them and the symptoms passed after a few days

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 11:30am
Oh no Shardd that is awful. Is this the first hair vitamin you've tried?

KikiScorpio I got a simple bottle of olive oil  from the market yesterday and I love it. I can't decide whether I like coconut oil or olive oil better now Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. Our hair will drink them up since our hair is treated. I still did not try the avocado oil though.  I put what seemed like too much evoo on last night. Woke up and unwrapped it and it felt just right (not too oily) Got out of the tub. put too much evoo on it again and wrapped it up again. 

So I guess I've found my protective style. Drenching it in oil constantly and keeping it wrapped unless I leave the house.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 1:40pm
I have took then before aswell! It was a supermarket brand, and I got some good growth off them aswell. I was fine! Its the perfectil one my body simply was like

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 2:11pm
I just came across something.This girl says that "swag oil" or a blend of olive oil and coconut oil is best for sleeking natural hair. I microwaved a small chunk of shea butter too and shook it up in my "swag" mixture. I will try castor oil on to to seal this moisturizing mix. (hope none of these oils will revert the hair at all...let me know)

see also PROGRESSIVE HAIR STRETCHING REGIMINE for natural hair
Step 1: Double Stretch

Step 2: Triple Stretch
The next nights may oil and move up to a jumbo roller set for TRIPLE stretching natural hair. NO WETTING HERE JUST OIL (to not revert) NO HEAT May maintain with large bantu twists.

JUMBO FLEXI RODS http://www.amazon.com/Annie-Soft-Twist-Rollers-Diameter/dp/B000WBS0BS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1363560649&sr=8-5&keywords=jumbo+flexi+rods
OR 
Jumbo Curl formers http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=extra+long+extra+large+curl+formers&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Step 3: Quadruple Stretch
The next nights after your curls drop out some from the roller set you can QUADRUPLE stretch with  a wrap ( NO Wetting the hair so no reverting...just oil  Use a bristol brush instead of comb to sleek more as your wrap)

Put a wig cap/stocking cap on first  under the  bonnet to flatten  the hair more. Rotate the stocking cap around your head  in a circle in the same direction you wrapped it to re smooth the hair  back down the way it was  before sliding the  stocking cap on. (in case you messed it up a little sliding the stocking cap on) cover with bonnet.

Print Page | Close Window