Print Page | Close Window

Do u feel like u always want to look good...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=354209
Printed Date: Jul 22 2018 at 7:48pm

Topic: Do u feel like u always want to look good...
Posted By: KhadiNiaomi
Subject: Do u feel like u always want to look good...
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 9:47am
Do you feel like you always want to look good for ur SO, so u cud impress them and entice them?

Replies:
Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:01am
I try to look good for myself. He may not be around forever. But when we go out places, I look good for him.

And I'm not even referring to my hair and clothes. I really like looking good naked for myself; he just benefits from it.

< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:04am
nope. i have never tried to look good for anyone...they know from the start im not in the impressing business.

Geek

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:07am
I know it starts with doing stuff for urself first, I mean, I believe when u look good u feel good and u have this confidence about urself. When u think u look unattractive u bad and ur self-esteem if shot down. Have u guys ever felt like when u look unattractive "Oooh lawd of mercy if he saw me like this he probably reconsider this relationship?" lol

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:07am
I like to look good in general, it just makes me happy

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:10am
Originally posted by KhadiNiaomi KhadiNiaomi wrote:

I know it starts with doing stuff for urself first, I mean, I believe when u look good u feel good and u have this confidence about urself. When u think u look unattractive u bad and ur self-esteem if shot down. Have u guys ever felt like when u look unattractive "Oooh lawd of mercy if he saw me like this he probably reconsider this relationship?" lol

No. You answered your own question. That has to do with self esteem. I don't think the only thing I bring to my relationship is my looks. 

Maybe it's because I'm older or maybe it's because of how I was raised, but I know my worth isn't how I look everyday.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:10am

no...i cant relate to that at all. sorry op.Confused

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:11am
I don't want to sound concieted but, I think I look nice all the time with and without makeup and without my best outfits. My boyfriend has seen me plenty of times in my work uniform, messy hair, and barefaced.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:15am
Right I look a hot mess with, my poofy hair, so I feel unattractive right now... Confused

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:15am
Awww you're such a teenager. You will learn trying to impress other people, men and women, with your looks, how well you dress, etc. is pointless and a waste of time. Impress yourself, accept compliments graciously, and ignore those who want you to change because they don't like something about you.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:16am
I love poofy hair girl work it there are so many styles you can do, maybe a cute bun?

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:17am
its fair to say that its more about presentability than anything else

no one wants to be with someone who is constantly disheveled and looks a hot ass mess

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

I love poofy hair girl work it there are so many styles you can do, maybe a cute bun?
lolLOL i look like this right now 

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:19am
I love solange's hair in that picture. Gorgeous.

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:21am
well, there are women on here who don't want their man to see them without weave, some without makeup or both.

so.......

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:22am
Oooooooo you have a lot of hair! try a twist out, braidout, bantu knots!!! you have a lot of options. Youtube & the hair section can help too, even if you decide to straighten But, a bun or ponytail would be a cute quick fix

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:29am
Yeah Im scarred to do a braid-out ppl say its good but to me it breaks my hair I dunno... my hair is growing like crazy its been like 5 weeks and my hair is literally half an inch from all this co-washing I've never I had urge to get a relaxer by the 6th week. I usually get a relaxer every 9-10 weeks

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:30am
this thread is because you're having a bad hair day? how old are you? Stern Smile

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:33am

Right I look a hot mess with, my poofy hair, so I feel unattractive right now... Confused
so brush your hair then. whats the problem? i dont get the big deal really...LOLConfused

-------------

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:33am
I try to look good for myself first kinda. If I think I look bad, then I feel he'll think I look bad too but he never does.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:34am
No, really it just drifted towards that direction because were talking about looks. And right I now I am having one those days,but even I see my SO I like to wow him. It feels nice when he caress my ego.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

well, there are women on here who don't want their man to see them without weave, some without makeup or both.

so.......

and yet no one will admit to doing something (like looking good for their s.o)

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:37am
i like looking good for my S.O.

-------------
My mind explodes

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

so brush your hair then. whats the problem? i dont get the big deal really...LOLConfused
Tried that its still poofy, I even put some water on it to make my hair less dramatically poofy, it works for 5 minutes, then I look like a lion again... but that's not the point my hair is not the point guys....

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:44am
i don't like leaving my home bummy. so if i were young and dating, yes i'd be embarrassed to be caught outside looking a mess in front of a guy i was interested in. 

-------------
shine your light for the world to see

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:47am
I thought about that.. I think u care more when ur young.. but I think even if ur a middle aged person u still want to impress that person but only in the beginning probably

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:54am
my experience is that when you are older you care less about what others think than you did as a young person, and actually dress up to impress yourself and lift your own mood. it's a pick me up just to look good in the mirror. you can't wait until you have someone to notice you to decide to take care of yourself and look good. otherwise people without SOs would always look bummy. not the case in the least. 

-------------

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:55am
Like others' said, I like to appear nice for myself. There's no doubt that looking nice to someone has it's little perks in general, but it is important that if no one else does, my spouse finds me attractive (that's part of the purpose for being together).

-------------
Domin

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:56am
Having a 1/2 inch of new growth is making you feel "unattractive" and you think you look like a "lion" because it's "dramatically poofy".

Lawd.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

so.......

LOL

-------------
Domin

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 11:02am
reminds me of this

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 11:05am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

No. You answered your own question. That has to do with self esteem. I don't think the only thing I bring to my relationship is my looks. 

Maybe it's because I'm older or maybe it's because of how I was raised, but I know my worth isn't how I look everyday.
Im not answering my own question, I am asking you all if you guys feel this way. Im not gonna sit here and deny that when I feel unattractive I don't want my SO to see me, the point is to see if u guys feel the same as well.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

so.......

LOL
sheeeit, you took up the gym and everything

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

reminds me of this

-------------

Posted By: lollypop036
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 12:47pm
i only care about looking good for an s/o if he makes an effort to look good

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 12:48pm
I like looking extra nice for my SO but I LOVE looking nice for ME.
He compliments me more when I don't have make-up on and my wig off. He doesn't just say it, he shows it. He kisses me, touches me and does lewd and lascivious thangs to me regardless if I've filled in my brows or not.

However, I feel better/sexier when I'm not bummy. I'm usually more of an aggressor/initiator when I think I'm looking hawt.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 1:08pm

Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

so.......

LOL
sheeeit, you took up the gym and everything

I always wanted to though lol...She motivated me, but you aint neva lied Approve

-------------
Domin

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

i like looking good for my S.O.

and i also like looking great for myself. he doesn't really----well when i think i look crazy he thinks i look fine. women are harder on themselves then they need to be 

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: pattigurlatl
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 1:13pm
Nope. It's quite freeing.

-------------
Harriet Tubman - I freed a thousands slaves. I would have freed more had they known they were slaves.

Michael Harriot - She wouldn't have freed any if she was worried about her hair.

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 1:18pm

I sure as hell do. Its fun to dress up for him and keep it new. It keeps him trying too.

But I can go basic, no make up, hair in a bun, hoodie and jordans and get just as much play.

Once you have a full convo while on the toilet....it's pretty much a done deal.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 1:19pm
Used to feel that way but not anymore.  I'm a lot more than what I look like. 

I still look good though Wink

-------------
Valleys only exist between mountains. Stay down til you come up.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:34am
I try to but he doesn't like my nappy, tough, nigerian hair. ."He says nah I can't produce kids with her" Stern Smile

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:42am
I dress nice for myself but it's an extra plus when I know he think I looks good Smile 

Sometimes I be on my IDGAF days and I tell them in advance. "Hey I don't feel like dressing up. Deal with it." and he's like "ok. Whatever Wacko"  LOL

-------------
yo

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:53am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

this thread is because you're having a bad hair day? how old are you? Stern Smile

LmaoooooLOL

Stern Smile

-------------

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:53am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

I try to but he doesn't like my nappy, tough, nigerian hair. ."He says nah I can't produce kids with her" Stern Smile

Gurllllll......

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:27am
LOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window