Print Page | Close Window

Can a 3 year old get their nails done?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=354188
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 5:09pm

Topic: Can a 3 year old get their nails done?
Posted By: r0ck_starr
Subject: Can a 3 year old get their nails done?
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:32pm
 So a friend of a friend gets her 3 year old daughters nails done every two weeks. Do you think is overkill at 3? Like she gets the mani and pedi and hair braided every two weeks too (that child is gonna be bald if she don't stop).

Replies:
Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:37pm
people need to let kids be kids. imo, yes it is too much and unnecessary. that child is not her doll or barbie.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:38pm
I'd let them choose a color to get painted on their nails. I wouldn't go so far as letting them get like acrylic nails or anything though. That'd be a bit much for three year old.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:38pm
eh...i dont know about 3 but my daughter gets her nails done.

when you say braided you mean her real hair right? my aunt does that with
my cousin..and her hair is doin fine but i guess its different with everyone.

-------------

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:39pm
Sounds like this little lady is well taken care of.

As long as it's a kid version mani/pedi with no cuticles being cut and her hair isn't being braided too tight, then I don't see the problem.

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:41pm
oh yes, i don't see a problem with nail polish on a child and i would just hope its just that. guess i see it from a different angle. kids should get certain things in time. things you got when you were a teen, they are getting at 8 & 9 these days, and even 3. 

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Sounds like this little lady is well taken care of.

As long as it's a kid version mani/pedi with no cuticles being cut and her hair isn't being braided too tight, then I don't see the problem.

I see it from more of a financial standpoint. That's wasting a lot of damn money when you could be showing her how to paint her nails at home. Or doing them for her. 

Posted By: iGotSunshine
i dont see a problem with it 
but then again my baby girl will be an age appropriate diva

eta: not a mani/pedi tho 
she could get them polished and that's it 

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: EPITOME
every 2 weeks? dang--grown women don't have such a maintenance program

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:42pm
Doing her hair twice a month won't make her bald unless they're doing it super tight.
Getting nails done is mehhh.....Cheaper than a babysitter I guess.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

eh...i dont know about 3 but my daughter gets her nails done.

when you say braided you mean her real hair right? my aunt does that with
my cousin..and her hair is doin fine but i guess its different with everyone.

She has thick curly hair so it could probably take braids well but I'm leery of pulling a child's hair that often. I'd rather let it be free but her mom is white so I guess she don't know what to do with it.  

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:43pm
I remember when I had a spa birthday party in 1st grade. It was so much fun.

3 yos can get their nails done, but it's not necessary and it should be something cute to do with your kid.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:46pm
My little cousin has Been getting her nails done since about 3.. Not consistently ever 2 weeks though

Same for the children of 2 of my friends.. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
They'd probably ask me to do it and I can't.. So what's the prob paying like 10 for someone else to?

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:47pm
do babies get special rates?LOL their nails are all small i know theyre not getting charged full priceLOL

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBR_NJxW1M&list" rel="nofollow - ☼

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

do babies get special rates?LOL their nails are all small i know theyre not getting charged full priceLOL
It better be $15 or less especially if they are only painting them.LOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:53pm

When I'd take my little cousin. I can't say I spent more than $5. Sometimes I wasn't even charged. When they're older or larger I'm sure they're charged more lol.< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:56pm
Not if it was my child

-------------
Domin

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

It better be $15 or less especially if they are only painting them.LOL

$15? i was thinking 5.  your basically dipping the polish in once for each hand and the nails are barely big enough for an emery board

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBR_NJxW1M&list" rel="nofollow - ☼

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:57pm
ok i thought $5 too but didn't want to seem cheap lol
the place i go has mani/pedi tuesdays for $25LOL

-------------

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:58pm
yall cheap smh

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:00pm
I meant $15 for both a mani and pedi.

But yeah I'm with Domin. Not my chi-yuld.LOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:00pm
Also, as far as braiding her hair, as long as the person braiding it doesn't have a death grip on her hair braiding it tight and her mama ain't getting weave braided into her hair she should be fine. It's all about how you take care of a child's hair regardless of if it's braided or not.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:01pm
I try not to count other people's money...as long as they're not complaining to me about finances or asking me for money then I don't think it's a big deal.

There's lots of services people pay for that they could do themselves...that's what makes the world go round.

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:06pm
When I get my nails done I sometimes take my daughter usually she gets a polish sometimes we both get mani pedis, its a fun mommy daughter day treat! If she can afford it I see nothing wrong with it. And I love that she keeps the little girls hair up.

-------------

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:52pm
My mother got her nails done every other week. She'd bring my sisters and I with her once a month to get a mani/pedi. The first time I remember going I was four. They didn't do anything special. They cleaned and filed my nails then painted them. They pumiced my feet, washed them, then filed and painted my nails. Every once and a while I'd get a flower on my fingers and toes or star or something.
It was fun and I got to spend time with my mom. Sometimes we'd just do it at home if she wasn't up to going out. I miss herBroken Heart

eta:we'd get out hair done once a month, sometimes twice too.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

My mother got her nails done every other week. She'd bring my sisters and I with her once a month to get a mani/pedi. The first time I remember going I was four. They didn't do anything special. They cleaned and filed my nails then painted them. They pumiced my feet, washed them, then filed and painted my nails. Every once and a while I'd get a flower on my fingers and toes or star or something.
It was fun and I got to spend time with my mom. Sometimes we'd just do it at home if she wasn't up to going out. I miss herBroken Heart

Hug one day you can do it with your daughter.

-------------

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:57pm
I don't see a problem.

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 7:22pm
She can get her nails painted if she is with me- but I won't be paying for mini mani/pedi's for my three year old.

Whatever works for your friend of a friend.

-------------
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 7:42pm
dp. my phone is tripping

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 7:43pm
dp.

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:11pm
At three, I was only allowed one coat of pale pink polish.
haha, my mom and I were just talking about that today.
For my third birthday, I think she allowed me 2 coats.
She'd clip my finger and toenails regularly.

She scrubbed my feet with a pumice stone herself almost everyday when she bathed me.

That's what I'll do with my daughters. Not taking any 3 yr old to the salon biweekly to get anything done.

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

Not if it was my child

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

hmm. 3 is pretty young but its not that big of a deal. i like taking my stepdaughter to the nail shop. she is 8 and extremely girly. my parents were extremely strict about stuff like that. i couldnt even wear clear lip gloss until i was 14. they thought everything girly was " being grown". i hate that mentality. so if my daughter likes mani/ pedis then i have no problem doing it for her.

yeah me 2

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:20pm
dp

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I try not to count other people's money...as long as they're not complaining to me about finances or asking me for money then I don't think it's a big deal.

There's lots of services people pay for that they could do themselves...that's what makes the world go round.

amenz

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 9:55pm
My daughter gets her nails and toes done...by me. It's always a pink and we put one of those little flower decals on her big toe. She's 4 and loves it. She makes her "princess" face when getting them done too lol! I don't see the big deal.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 10:05pm
If I was getting my nails done, then I suppose there's no harm in it...it does sound like a nice mommy/daughter thing to do.

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 10:07pm
I remember this mexican lady at my nail shop tried to get them to put acrylic with tips on her 5 yr old daughter hands. The nail lady wouldnt do it though. She said its dangerous if she falls

Posted By: MomeRath
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

I don't see a problem.

-------------
Drapped up and dripped out

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 10:57pm
Mind yo business. 

-------------
yo

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Hug one day you can do it with your daughter.
Hug Hopefully.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:05am
Meh, its a cute mother-daughter thing. Many children like to copy what their parents are doing. They'll sit next to you and brush their hair while you brush yours or ask to polish their nails while you do your own. 

-------------

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:08am
I guess I'm in the minority but I don't see why a 3 year old would need mani's and pedi's period much less every 2 weeks. I wouldn't want my kid in a nail shop inhaling all those fumes

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:13am
yes i think it's cute on the hair braiding that's a good choice of style if it's done with her own hair.

Posted By: nicks_hotmama06
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 5:51am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

hmm. 3 is pretty young but its not that big of a deal. i like taking my stepdaughter to the nail shop. she is 8 and extremely girly. my parents were extremely strict about stuff like that. i couldnt even wear clear lip gloss until i was 14. they thought everything girly was " being grown". i hate that mentality. so if my daughter likes mani/ pedis then i have no problem doing it for her.

yeah me 2

My hubby has this issue. He used to get annoyed when I painted our daughter's nails......which is once a blue.moon. He got over it. She is girly like me.

-------------
I don't understand all His ways, but my faith keeps me going.....

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 7:07pm
I wouldn't take my child to a nail shop until she is older.  But I wouldn't mind painting her nails and doing all that girly stuff at home.  Less chance of catching an infection and what not.

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 7:18pm
Last summer I painted my daughters toes every week. She was 6-9 months during that time. I painted them red one day to match Mommy and you would of thought I put her on the street to make money the way my aunts and mom reacted. Shocked

Nothing but pink and coral since then. I don't need the drama.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't see why a 3 year old would need mani's and pedi's period much less every 2 weeks. I wouldn't want my kid in a nail shop inhaling all those fumes

IA. It's ridiculous to me but to each their own

-------------
Blackness Is At Stake

Posted By: bebe88
Date Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 8:00pm
Yes a pink polish every once in a while is fine

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrittaneyRachel

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 8:10pm
I don't see it as a problem. A friend of mine created a "kiddie day spa". Of course the colors were cutesy colors and it wasn't like they were offering french tips or acrylics or anything.

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Print Page | Close Window