Print Page | Close Window

Woman injured from an acid attack

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=354149
Printed Date: Nov 21 2017 at 3:10am

Topic: Woman injured from an acid attack
Posted By: NARSAddict
Subject: Woman injured from an acid attack
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:04pm
Not trying to say anything subliminal about niqabs at all but I am downright curious in why she was attacked?  I wonder if she has some beef with something that she brushed off as something minor.  Sorry if a repost.

Victoria's Secret worker scarred for life when niqab-wearing attacker threw acid in her face as she walked home from shop

• Naomi Oni, 20, was almost blinded and will need years of skin grafts
  • She was heading back to her flat from the bus stop when she was injured
  • Had been talking to her boyfriend on the phone after a late shift
  • Says the apparently random attack has 'destroyed' her life
  • The shop assistant no longer wants to go out in public
  • She was inspired to share her story by acid-attack victim Katie Piper

By http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Emma+Reynolds" rel="nofollow - Emma Reynolds

PUBLISHED: 09:17 EST, 1 February 2013 | UPDATED: 11:38 EST, 1 February 2013

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271921/Victorias-Secret-worker-scarred-life-niqab-wearing-attacker-threw-acid-face-walked-home-shop.html#comments" rel="nofollow - - - Comments ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271921/Victorias-Secret-worker-scarred-life-niqab-wearing-attacker-threw-acid-face-walked-home-shop.html#socialLinks" rel="nofollow - - - Share

A Victoria's Secret shop assistant was scarred for life when a mysterious figure wearing a niqab threw acid in her face as she walked home from work.

Naomi Oni, 20, was left with severe burns on her head, neck, arms, legs and body after she was attacked in Dagenham, east London.

She has spent the past month having skin grafts and almost went blind, although she has now recovered her vision in her left eye and has partial sight in her right.

Naomi Oni
After the attack

Shocking: Naomi Oni, 20, was on the phone to her boyfriend when someone wearing a niqab threw acid at her

Her attacker was dressed like a Muslim woman in a niqab, so Ms Oni could not see their face. Police have no idea who was responsible for the vicious attack, or why they did it.

More...

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271858/Jealous-girlfriend-stabbed-21-year-old-lover-death-younger-brother-sister-row-contacting-ex.html" rel="nofollow - Jealous girlfriend stabbed 21-year-old lover to death in front of his younger brother and sister in row over him contacting an ex
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270589/Two-Indian-men-accused-raping-drowning-year-old-girl-Dabwali.html" rel="nofollow - Gang-raped and drowned at the age of FOUR: Latest horrific attack on girl shocks India a month after notorious bus assault

The shop assistant - who is sole carer for her disabled mother Marian Yalekhue, 52 - was making the five-minute journey back to their flat from the bus stop when she heard someone behind her.

Hidden: Ms Oni cannot describe attacked her because they were wearing a niqab, and police have not managed to identify who did it

Hidden: Police have not managed to identify who did attacked Ms Oni because they were wearing a niqab (file picture)

She had just finished a late shift at the Westfield Stratford store and was on the phone to her boyfriend Ato Owede, 23, at 12.40am.

'I’d been working a late shift and was talking to my boyfriend about what we were going to do for New Year when I saw this Muslim woman wearing a niqab covering her face,' she told the Evening Standard.

'I thought it was a bit strange at that time of night, but she didn’t say anything and I kept on walking.

'Then I felt a splash on my face. It burned and I screamed out. I started running and screaming, holding my face, all the way home. I didn’t look back.

'I got home and I was screaming and banging on the door. I was hysterical. Luckily my godmother, who is a pharmacist, was at home with my mum and she helped me and kept dipping my face in water and trying to calm me down until the police and ambulance got there.

'I was in shock. Saying: "Who would do that? Who would do that?" How could anyone do this?'.

She has released the shocking images of her disfigured face in an appeal for help to catch the attacker whose identity was concealed behind the Muslim women’s dress which completely covers the face apart from the eyes.

Ms Oni decided to speak out after police failed to establish any motive behind the December 30 attack or identify a suspect.

She said the attack had 'destroyed' her life and left her too afraid to venture out or even show her face in public.

'I look in the mirror and it just isn’t me. I’ll never look the same again,' she said. 'I’ve always been outgoing and confident in my job and in my personal life, used to getting attention for the way I dress or my hair, but now I don’t want anyone looking at me.

Devastating: Ms Oni had just finished a shift at Westfield Stratford shopping centre and was minutes from home

Devastating: Ms Oni had just finished a shift at Westfield Stratford shopping centre and was minutes from home

Life-altering: A woman walks past a shopping centre Victorias Secret shop similar to the one where Ms Oni worked before the attack

Life-altering: A woman walks past a shopping centre Victoria's Secret shop similar to the one where Ms Oni worked before the attack

'I don’t want people to see me in public. I don’t want to get the Tube or the bus. If I have to go to the hospital I take a taxi.

'I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to go back to my job. I was planning to go to college in September to study media and fashion, but I don’t even know if I’ll be able to do that.'

The store assistant has been told she faces months if not years of skin grafts and further plastic surgery and even then is likely to be left with severe facial scarring.

She and her mother say they are too afraid to go back to their council flat in Dagenham. They are currently sleeping on a friend’s sofa-bed after turning down the offer to be rehoused in Tottenham on safety grounds.

Ms Oni said she had been inspired by the story of Katie Piper, the model who launched a charity and spoke out publicly after falling victim to an acid attack orchestrated by her boyfriend, but that she would never feel safe with her attacker still at large.

'Even with the support of my family and friends and boyfriend I feel very alone,' she said. 'Nothing is going to be same anymore.'

A Scotland Yard spokesman said acid attacks were 'extremely rare' and that detectives were keeping an 'open mind as to the motive.'

Officers from Barking and Dagenham are investigating. No arrests have been made and inquiries are ongoing.

• Anyone with information should contact police on 0203 276 1058 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271921/Victorias-Secret-worker-scarred-life-niqab-wearing-attacker-threw-acid-face-walked-home-shop.html#ixzz2JgRFkcQg" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271921/Victorias-Secret-worker-scarred-life-niqab-wearing-attacker-threw-acid-face-walked-home-shop.html#ixzz2JgRFkcQg
Follow us: http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter | http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Replies:
Posted By: happy 4b
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:06pm
This makes me so sad.

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:08pm
I believe people are using these religious coverings when they do these attacks on purpose. Either they are trying to garnish hate or see it as an easy way to be nearly anonymous.

-------------
Can't even twerk no mo. They tired out. Lets ride out.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:10pm
OMg that is terrible.  My heart goes out to her. 

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:10pm
Goodness :((

-------------
Domin

Posted By: Finesseful
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:11pm
Walking alone at night is such a danger for women. 

-------------
Make love, not war.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:12pm
People are very wicked!!

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: WadadliQueen
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:18pm
Wow... My heart broke reading this story. Why was she targeted? This is soo sad!!

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:20pm
SadCry

-------------

You haven't arrived until your twitter is verified.

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:36pm
Where are people buying all this acid?

Posted By: happy 4b
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Where are people buying all this acid?

Good question. People shouldn't be allowed to buy this kind of acid. I feel so bad for that lady.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

I believe people are using these religious coverings when they do these attacks on purpose. Either they are trying to garnish hate or see it as an easy way to be nearly anonymous.

Lamp

-------------

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

People are very wicked!!

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:46pm

Yep. People ain't tryna hear dat doe.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:30pm

i think it's both.  this is really tragic.

how i feel is not politically correct...i am not with the covering of the face in public.  

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:40pm
So they didn't catch the woman who did this? Was she a white woman? Did they make a sketch of her? Are they on a man-hunt for her?

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:40pm
My heart really aches for her.
I wonder why she was targeted.

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:44pm
my god...why does this keep happening

-------------

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:52pm
Disapprove

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:59pm
How awful, I pray that poor young lady gets justice and fully heals and doctors can restore her face..

-------------

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 8:04pm
makes you not want to step outside to do sh*t anymore. sad. i hope the bitch is caught and the victim makes as full a recovery as medically possible.

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: chrissypoo
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 8:07pm
wowAngry I wish her a full and speedy recoveryCry

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

So they didn't catch the woman who did this? Was she a white woman? Did they make a sketch of her? Are they on a man-hunt for her?

I don't know if this was sarcasm, but no....she was wearing a niqab...

-------------
So now we got signatures....(4/13/2011)

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

my god...why does this keep happening
It's messed up

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 7:24am

sure the lady did it to her cuz she was pretty if it was a less attractive woman the guilty wouldn't have felt they got away with something

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 7:29am

This is why i believe that you shouldn't have your face covered up. I'll leave it there.

-------------

Posted By: BlackstarBlue
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 7:56am
It was someone she knows, or knows of imo. Something to do with a man most probably

-------------
Your Cat has Aids-AlabamaKinks
Have respect for an old west indian negro- darcus howe
“All you want to do is take cocaine with your new white friends” -Netsayi
None of my clients have hair- shawnda D

Posted By: Soratachi
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

This is why i believe that you shouldn't have your face covered up. I'll leave it there.

I'll take it from here...

Any form of face covering that makes it impossible to identify someone should be banned. I don't mind a mix of what France passed as a law a few years ago.

I mean it.

-------------
http://images58.fotki.com/v154/photos/7/1850227/11141506/DSC00292-vi.jpg" rel="nofollow - My Natural 4b/c Bun

Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 8:11am
Originally posted by WadadliQueen WadadliQueen wrote:

Wow... My heart broke reading this story. Why was she targeted? This is soo sad!!

since when do ppl need a reason to harm someone?

Posted By: lollypop036
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 9:03am
maybe a random white man did it to cause hatred against muslims

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Soratachi Soratachi wrote:

Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

I'll take it from here...

Any form of face covering that makes it impossible to identify someone should be banned. I don't mind a mix of what France passed as a law a few years ago.

I mean it.
ITA

-------------

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:39am
this is getting quite ridiculous, but how to remedy this problem without imposing on the religious rights and beliefs of others?

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:42am
that is so sad. i cant even imagine..

-------------

Posted By: lady_tee
Date Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 5:49pm
so sad

feel really bad for her

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 7:01pm
She was/is so pretty. I'd be devastated.

Print Page | Close Window