Print Page | Close Window

FINALLY SOME JUSTICE FOR TERRY ACHANE!!!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353900
Printed Date: Oct 17 2017 at 10:25am

Topic: FINALLY SOME JUSTICE FOR TERRY ACHANE!!!
Posted By: mrshairdo
Subject: FINALLY SOME JUSTICE FOR TERRY ACHANE!!!
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:52pm

REPOST??

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A birth father has been given custody of his nearly 2-year-old daughter in what could be the end of a legal tug-of-war between him and the girl's adoptive parents.

http://www.newstimes.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=Terry+Achane" rel="nofollow - Terry Achane  was given his daughter on Friday in court from her adoptive parents, Jared and  http://www.newstimes.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=Kristi+Frei" rel="nofollow - Kristi Frei , said Achane's attorney,  http://www.newstimes.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=Mark+Wiser" rel="nofollow - Mark Wiser . Achane will take Teleah back to South Carolina where he is an Army drill sergeant.

The child was placed for adoption at birth in 2011 by Achane's now ex-wife, Tira Bland, who traveled to Utah and signed off on the adoption without his consent or knowledge. The Freis, who live in a Provo suburb, legally adopted the girl through Utah-based  http://www.newstimes.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=Adoption+Center+of+Choice" rel="nofollow - Adoption Center of Choice  and have raised her since she was born.

In December, a judge issued a ruling that said the Freis and the Adoption Center of Choice ignored Achane once he stepped forward to claim his parental rights. The judge said they have should arranged to return the daughter.

There is one last legal hurdle for Achane to clear before the 21-month saga concludes.

The Freis have an appeal pending before the Utah Supreme Court, which has already upheld a decision by a lower court judge to void the adoption. The court is expected to hold a hearing on that appeal in late March, Wiser said.

The Freis did a wonderful job taking care of Teleah, but Wiser said that "It would have been a lot easier to have this happen when she was 2 months old instead of almost 2 years old."

Teleah will turn 2 years old on March 2, Wiser said.

"He's absolutely thrilled to death to have his daughter," Wiser said. "He's been trying to just make up for lost time."

http://www.newstimes.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=Larry+Jenkins" rel="nofollow - Larry Jenkins , the Freis attorney, said in a statement that this is an extremely difficult time for the Freis, and for the little girl they considered part of their family for the past 22 months.

"The Freis' focus and concerns are in doing what they can to enable her to make a successful transition to her father at this time," Jenkins said.

The Freis have said previously that Achane abandoned his wife before the girl's birth and has done nothing to build a relationship with the toddler.

Read more:  http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Birth-father-finally-gets-custody-of-toddler-4224104.php#ixzz2J2gb0SEM" rel="nofollow - http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Birth-father-finally-gets-custody-of-toddler-4224104.php#ixzz2J2gb0SEM

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Replies:
Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:55pm
those white ppl fvcked up that babys' edges. i hope her daddy gives her some edge tlc

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:56pm
lol pity

im soooooo happy for him!!!

-------------

Posted By: nitabug
I have the hugest smile on my face right now.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

we should send him a regimen for baby girl Heart

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Thank God!!  I can't believe those people.  If they loved that child they would want what was best for her.  they can go to hell.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:57pm
Thank you Jesus!

They should be ashamed of themselves for keeping a lil girl away from her birth-father. Freaking animals

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

those white ppl fvcked up that babys' edges. i hope her daddy gives her some edge tlc

get out of my head! I was just about to post "didn't read yet but them yt people tore up that lil girls hair!"

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:58pm
Her and her daddie's hair though. wtf?

-------------

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:00pm
great news

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:01pm

you see HIS hair?

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:02pm
Thank you Jesus!!
All this time her adoptive parents were trying to keep him away from her was time he could have been bonding with baby girl!
Good for him for getting his daugther back.. finally!

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:02pm
Glad he got his child back. I hope he goes after his ex-wife for child support.

Though I'm still giving him the side-eye for some of the things that were originally reported about the situation.

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:03pm
hes proved himself....if he really didn't care he wouldn't be going this hard
so all that previous shiit doesn't even matter to me

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

you see HIS hair?

Man, whoever cut his hair on base needs to be UCMJ'd

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:07pm
lol y'all seriously aint shyt for diverting the talk from the celebration to their hair. Disapprove

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:08pm
At least he has his hairline Confused

you see HIS hair?

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:13pm
shes a baby..i doubt she has traction alopecia
it really isn't that serious
her hair will grow....like dayum....ppl aint sh*t

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

lol y'all seriously aint shyt for diverting the talk away from the celebration to their hair. Disapprove

She was adopted by white people, so she has a great excuse.

But that nicca has a shadow fade in the front, and a ceasar in the back...with a dash of male patterned baldness up top. Cry

And I'd be damned if yall say his lining is better than her edges.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:19pm

you see HIS hair?

omg i didn't. geezuz. no church in the wild.

-------------

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:20pm
Finally someone did the right thing . Heart

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:23pm

you see HIS hair?
LOLCryLOL

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Glad he got his child back. I hope he goes after his ex-wife for child support.

This. Thank God.
He doesn't even really need to worry about lost time because they have their whole life ahead of them. Thankfully he got her while she is still very young.
I wish him and HIS daughter the very best.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:31pm
Clap

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:33pm
FINALLY!!!Clap

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:35pm
Happy happy, joy joy, happy happy joy! Clap Party

Babies that age seldom have "good edges." Baby hair is soft and they have a tendency to pull their hair out. No cape, cuz they still ain't shyt. I'm jus sayin. LOL

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:50pm
I happy for him.

After all of this, I wonder if he could sue his ex-wife and get money for this legal fees and child support? But if he was military, i wonder if she was even working in the first place.

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Happy happy, joy joy, happy happy joy! Clap Party

Babies that age seldom have "good edges." Baby hair is soft and they have a tendency to pull their hair out. No cape, cuz they still ain't shyt. I'm jus sayin. LOL

Farra i know...but can i badmouth these whites?!Angry

-------------

Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:57pm
white people love to think they can do everything better than us, including raising our childrenOuch

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:04pm
@Pity: Cuss em out, cuss em out!

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:37pm
Aww this made me smile, I'm happy for them! 

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:39pm
Will the mother face any type of legal ramifications? 

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Will the mother face any type of legal ramifications? 
Good Question. I wonder if the yt folks can appeal the decison again ?

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 10:51pm
people may think the white folks are foul, but they still adopted a child they thought was in need.  shame on the mother for tearing up many lives. but then again, would like to know her side of the story too.

nevertheless, the father & child are united. wishing them the best!

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 10:53pm
ClapHeart

-------------

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 10:57pm
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Party Finally

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Will the mother face any type of legal ramifications

And will the adoption agency?

That is what I really wanna know.

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 11:16pm
The birth mother is the ultimate foul one really

Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

people may think the white folks are foul, but they still adopted a child they thought was in need.  shame on the mother for tearing up many lives. but then again, would like to know her side of the story too.

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 3:23am
They're appealing?! Smfh. I hope they're covering his costs.

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 4:44am
About time.....

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:50am
They need to get the fukk on and adopt another child.  She wasn't theirs to begin with!

I am so happy for the father!

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 6:35am

LOL

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBR_NJxW1M&list" rel="nofollow - ☼

Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 8:50am

fucck their white feelings and middle class guilt, they put that poor black man through hell to get his child back

and for what? when they realised the mess of their situation their ever so sympathising lets save a coloured baby heart should have given that child back to the rightful parent who did not want any money but his daughter back

-------------

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:27am
Where is he originally from? I thought only people in Houston wore southside fades

Posted By: SWEETBREAD
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 1:15pm
That mother was horrible...............the adoption agency crooked..................I'm happy for the Dad.

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 4:56pm

fucck their white feelings and middle class guilt, they put that poor black man through hell to get his child back

and for what? when they realised the mess of their situation their ever so sympathising lets save a coloured baby heart should have given that child back to the rightful parent who did not want any money but his daughter back

This right chea. Any decent person would have given the baby back as soon as her responsible father came on the scene.

-------------
I swear that BHM is a blessing and a curse.

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:15pm

when it comes to adopting,  i feel bad for all those who are involved and have developed a relationship with the child. I DONT CARE WHAT COLOR THEY ARE.  There are too many children in the system that need adopting. so if some white people want to adopt who cares as long as the child is in a safe, loving environment. 

the mother and the adoption agency were the ones to blame.  while the white folks were wrong in trying to withhold, they were caught up & victims too.

do all white folks who adopt black kids do so out of middle class guilt?

Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 7:21pm
yea but spoken how are u just dismissing the part where the Freis KNEW he didn't sign off on the adoption and that it was illegal and they did it anyway?

they cause this pain to themselves

-------------

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 9:50pm
The Freis knew he didn't sign off so they were taking a calculated risk that he'd never show up.  Let's face it, there are plenty of black men who have kids and walk away...the odds were in their favor really.  

Achane left his pregnant wife hundreds of miles away with his first child (he could have taken her).   They had a bad marriage that was ending.  The Freis really had good odds that he was gone. They gambled and lost.

So upon losing they should have done the decent thing and give that child back to Terry.

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

The Freis knew he didn't sign off so they were taking a calculated risk that he'd never show up.  Let's face it, there are plenty of black men who have kids and walk away...the odds were in their favor really.  

Achane left his pregnant wife hundreds of miles away with his first child (he could have taken her).   They had a bad marriage that was ending.  The Freis really had good odds that he was gone. They gambled and lost.

So upon losing they should have done the decent thing and give that child back to Terry.

It didn't seem like she wanted to go with him in the first place.

-------------
So now we got signatures....(4/13/2011)

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:44pm

when it comes to adopting,  i feel bad for all those who are involved and have developed a relationship with the child. I DONT CARE WHAT COLOR THEY ARE.  There are too many children in the system that need adopting. so if some white people want to adopt who cares as long as the child is in a safe, loving environment. 

the mother and the adoption agency were the ones to blame.  while the white folks were wrong in trying to withhold, they were caught up & victims too.

do all white folks who adopt black kids do so out of middle class guilt?

Not all but A LOT.

-------------
So now we got signatures....(4/13/2011)

Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:48pm
yes, i think most too...most people are not naturally inclined to adopt out of their own race.  your children are a reflection of you.  it's guilt.  a lot of their kindness is enacted out of pity.

one could say that there are more children of color in the system so in order to bypass long wait time they go for black children...if there were just as many white babies in the system would they go black?  probably not.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 8:37am
Or… you could say there are many black children in the system that most of YOU all haven't adopted so they wanted to take initiative. 

If the couple was black all of this outrage wouldn't be here and the blame would solely be on the trifling mother and adopting agency as it should be. Their skin color is clouding some of your judgments. They're victims, too. If you'd bonded with a child and allowed that child into your family and essentially a stranger demanded to have  her, you'd put up a fight, too.

I would side eye them if they didn't put up a fight. But I'm sure her father has good intentions and I'm glad that baby is with her biological family now.

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:29am
the adoptive parents are NOT victims. they KNEW the father didnt consent to the adoption and KNEW he would probably contest.
fighting tooth and nail to keep a parent from their child is more than getting "caught up" it's evil.

Print Page | Close Window