Forum Name: My Experiences
Forum Description: Share Your Spritual Expereinces
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353878
Printed Date: Nov 24 2017 at 9:36am

Topic: Depression and god...
Posted By: Nadiesca
Subject: Depression and god...
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 1:08pm
I was just wondering how do some of you deal with depression and your faith.It been a while i am depress and anxiety,i pray and read my bible from time to time but i feel like i will never see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Replies:
Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 5:26pm
This is a good topic! Will come back soon with scripts...

-------------

Posted By: csungrl09
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:53pm

Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

I was just wondering how do some of you deal with depression and your faith.It been a while i am depress and anxiety,i pray and read my bible from time to time but i feel like i will never see the light at the end of the tunnel...

it will get better love Hug

i was feeling the same way a few months ago & boy did my life do a 180 since.

try reading this man's devotional, its very inspiring and has helped me through the rough times.

https://www.jerrysavelle.org/media/dailydevotional.asp" rel="nofollow - https://www.jerrysavelle.org/media/dailydevotional.asp

-------------
Even with a low LSAT, i'm a hot commodity.

Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:37pm
i think you should seek proffesional help. God is good but there are certain things that are more suitable for a doctor to help with

Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:24am
I read this & thought about you! Just a simple change in your thinking may be what you need to overcome your sadness.

Devotional:
Have you ever felt insecure? Insecure about your abilities, your appearance, your job, your personality, your life? Have you ever felt unloved and worthless? "I'm not attractive." "I'm not good enough!" "Nothing good ever happens in my life." "I'm a failure."
If your mind is filled with thoughts of worthlessness, shame, embarrassment and low self-esteem, then it's time to get rid of that insecurity!

"How can I get rid of insecurity that's been there my whole life?" By realizing that YOU are God's most prized-possession! If God had to choose the finest thing He ever created - He'd say YOU! Yes, you! You are somebody special to God.

Those thoughts and feelings are lies from the devil aimed at getting you so down on yourself that you will never experience God's best for your life. You'll always feel that you're "just not good enough" so why would God want to bless you? God does not have one child who is not good enough to receive His love.

Low self-esteem is a result of a lack of knowledge. The reason so many Christians live way below their privileges as a child of God is because they don't know that they are highly favored of God.

In Psalm 8:3-5, the psalmist is reflecting on the greatness of God and writes, "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained: What is man that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour."

In this particular scripture, the psalmist is overwhelmed at just how marvelous and magnificent God is and His ability to create the universe. Have you ever just stopped and looked around at God's creation? Just go look at the Grand Canyon some time. It's overwhelming. We get so accustomed to the things around us, but if you take the time to just look at the sky or the sunset and think that God created that - it's amazing!

The psalmist is saying, "Lord, You're so magnificent and creative, why would You have anything to do with man? Why did You create man?" And the Lord is saying that you are His most prized-possession! In fact, in the mind of God, you are His prized-possession above the stars, above the moon, above the heavens, above all His handiwork.

Just like an artist with all the wonderful, creative pieces he designs, there's always this one prized-possession. That's the way God feels about YOU!

-------------
Even with a low LSAT, i'm a hot commodity.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 2:05pm

Make sure you make an appointment with someone like a psychologist,  that can help you. There maybe someone underling issues that must be dealt with. And don't give up God blessSmile

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 3:50pm

Well first you have to figure out what is making you depressed or anxious and try to the best of your ability to connect that with the scriptures to get your spirit cleansed and have proper understanding.

For example, someone may be depressed because they have been let down by their friends or family. So what you do is go to the scriptures that talks about the tumults that righteous people will have even with their friends and love ones in these last days and get understanding on how to overcome itSmile.

When it comes to reading scriptures for edification (correction) and being uplifted (sense of happiness and hope), you first need to understand the will of The Most High. The biggest mistake people make when it comes reading the scriptures and then praying for their inflictions to be healed is that they don't understand how the LORD works. Then when things don't go their way or happen fast enough, they get upset and walk away from the LORD all together...

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
(Proverbs 3:5)

Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way? (Proverbs 20:24)

Endurance is another thing that people don't talk about or like to sweep under the rug. Those who are spiritually weak are not trying to endure and stay in the faith. Those are the same people who look for fast results (like Xanax) or the results that may not necessarily be the best for them. You have to be willing to be patient and endure until your inflictions are done away with. You also have to be willing to be healed not only in the flesh, but in the spirit as well.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. (Romans 5 3-5)

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12 1-2)

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

it will get better loveĀ Hug

i was feeling the same way a few months ago & boy did my life do a 180 since.

try reading this man's devotional, its very inspiring and has helped me through the rough times.

https://www.jerrysavelle.org/media/dailydevotional.asp" rel="nofollow - https://www.jerrysavelle.org/media/dailydevotional.asp

thanks csunggurls109, i will check out the link

Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

i think you should seek proffesional help. God is good but there are certain things that are more suitable for a doctor to help with
Ive been thinking about it but i dont know am hesitant to take that step

Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:13pm
thanks ladies for replying to my post, i really appreciate.

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 9:52pm

An issue has been weighing heavily on my heart for some time now. I'm growing anxious and depressed thinking about this issue. I want to ask for forgiveness, to forgive myself, and to finally be able to put the issue to rest (once and for all). However, I don't know how to. I didn't grow up in the church, so I really don't know the way I'm supposed to ask for help and how if I know if I've been forgiven. Furthermore, I don't know if I'm worthy of being forgiven.

This has created so much stress and anxiety in my life. As much as I don't want to think about this issue, I keep thinking about -- day in and day out.

Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 10:09am
without knowing your situation...Have you prayed? like really prayed. on your knees, crying out to god, prayed? if not, i recommend it.

Hug

Posted By: nella
Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

An issue has been weighing heavily on my heart for some time now. I'm growing anxious and depressed thinking about this issue. I want to ask for forgiveness, to forgive myself, and to finally be able to put the issue to rest (once and for all). However, I don't know how to. I didn't grow up in the church, so I really don't know the way I'm supposed to ask for help and how if I know if I've been forgiven. Furthermore, I don't know if I'm worthy of being forgiven.

This has created so much stress and anxiety in my life. As much as I don't want to think about this issue, I keep thinking about -- day in and day out.

Hi Dollish,

First, if you have not already, you should repent for whatever it is that is weighing heavily on your mind.

Repentance means a sincere turning away, in both the mind and heart, from self to God.

Once you have repented, then you ask God for forgiveness. He will forgive you!! It isn't a matter of whether or not you "feel" worthy. It's not about your feelings, it's about what the word of God says. In his word he forgives us when we seek out forgiveness. There are so many scriptures that talks about forgiveness. I have listed a few for you. Please seek out God and his word and he will reveal to you that he does not condemn you. He loves you, and he wants the best for you. His word says that he did not send his son to condemn the world but that they may be saved through him. John 3:17

Matt. 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

1John 1:19

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousnes

Isaiah 43:25-26
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.  Review the past for me, let us argue the matter together; state the case for your innocence.

Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

without knowing your situation...Have you prayed? like really prayed. on your knees, crying out to god, prayed? if not, i recommend it.

Hug
I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't. I don't know how to Confused I know there's no right or wrong way to pray amd that essentially you're talking to God, but I've tried praying before and it seems more like I'm reciting something than really praying.

Date Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by nella nella wrote:

Hi Dollish,

First, if you have not already, you should repent for whatever it is that is weighing heavily on your mind.

Repentance means a sincere turning away, in both the mind and heart, from self to God.

Once you have repented, then you ask God for forgiveness. He will forgive you!! It isn't a matter of whether or not you "feel" worthy. It's not about your feelings, it's about what the word of God says. In his word he forgives us when we seek out forgiveness. There are so many scriptures that talks about forgiveness. I have listed a few for you. Please seek out God and his word and he will reveal to you that he does not condemn you. He loves you, and he wants the best for you. His word says that he did not send his son to condemn the world but that they may be saved through him. John 3:17

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousnes

"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.  Review the past for me, let us argue the matter together; state the case for your innocence.
What if this thing is not something I do often; something that happened once. How would I repent for that? I've turned away from it.

Maybe I just don't understand how all of us this works. I just assumed that once I feel that I'm able to be forgiven, I will accept it (if that makes sense) or I'll be able to let it go. How do you know once you're forgiven? Do you get a sign?

Thank you. I will look into those verses.

Date Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:41am

Originally posted by nella nella wrote:

Hi Dollish,

What if this thing is not something I do often; something that happened once. How would I repent for that? I've turned away from it.

Maybe I just don't understand how all of us this works. I just assumed that once I feel that I'm able to be forgiven, I will accept it (if that makes sense) or I'll be able to let it go. How do you know once you're forgiven? Do you get a sign?

Thank you. I will look into those verses.
Once is all it takes and when you repent (turn away), you ask for forgiveness and you are forgiven. There is know sign. It's believing what the word of God says.

Posted By: TransitAngst
Date Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:43pm

I hope that you eventually sought out a professional. Even talk therapy can help; you don't have to jump straight to medication.

Depression is a real medical condition that isn't caused by some personal weakness or doubt. Would you be hesitant to seek professional help in treating, I dunno, diabetes or hypertension or something?

Good luck! Smile

Date Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 5:28am
Originally posted by TransitAngst TransitAngst wrote:

I hope that you eventually sought out a professional. Even talk therapy can help; you don't have to jump straight to medication.

Depression is a real medical condition that isn't caused by some personal weakness or doubt. Would you be hesitant to seek professional help in treating, I dunno, diabetes or hypertension or something?

Good luck! Smile

well i didnt seek a professional...am the kind of person that kept everying thing in.. my situation at the time force me to talk about how i feel to my mother,seek god presence in life more and to have faith.

i can say  i feel so much better....if anybody is feeling down or wtv,pray about it and talk to a family member or seek helpSmile

Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 12:43pm
Thanks Nadiesca for giving us an update, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Posted By: jmarie
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 11:00pm
I go through depression off and on. My friend tells me to pray on it, but I just can't do it. I feel like I've committed so many sins, that I'm already going straight to hell.

Date Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by jmarie jmarie wrote:

I go through depression off and on. My friend tells me to pray on it, but I just can't do it. I feel like I've committed so many sins, that I'm already going straight to hell.

if you ask god to forgive you for the sins you did,we will forgive you. Dont let that keep you away from god.At the end of the day we are all sinners

Posted By: bigheddz
Date Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by jmarie jmarie wrote:

is it possible that you're in depression because of said sins being committed?

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 11:07pm
In my psychology class I learned that depression is feeling hopeless. We feel depressed when things are not going our way or how we wish. It feels hard to believe that what God is helping us when everything keeps getting worse. I have been there. It is a sad time.
I felt sad and weak a few weeks ago, and the way I came out of that was trying to see all the good in my life (being thankful) and by thanking God for all he does, for listening to my prayers and for being this being of pure love (praise and thanksgiving).
Things became easier after that. My faith will be tested again, just like yours will. Try to focus on what's good in your life, whatever that may be: your healthy smile, your beautiful kids, the car that takes you to places faster than the bus/subway.... and then take the time to thank God for creating another day, for giving you hope (if he didn't you may have killed yourself or sold your body), for being Him, for being love, for being happiness, for being merciful, for being GodHeart

Posted By: jahglory
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:43pm
I'm thankful for running across this post it has woke me up spiritually and i really needed to see this

Posted By: SunshineDiva
Date Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:22pm
OP for me what helps is when I immerse myself in the Bible, talk to G-d every chance you get even when you start to break down just keep talking to him, pray its a rough time but when you get out of that depression and anxiety you will see how much that negative space you were in was actually a blessing.....Just so you know I'm speaking from experience

Posted By: Physiqque
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by TransitAngst TransitAngst wrote:

Good luck! Smile

DEPRESSION ISN'T A MENTAL PROBLEM...IT'S A SPIRITUAL PROBLEM. 

GOD'S THE ONLY BREAKTHROUGH..now whether He chooses to help us is *shrugs* eventually, only on His time.

Print Page | Close Window