Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353832
Printed Date: Sep 20 2018 at 9:31am

Topic: Who Does She Think She Is?
Posted By: ILOVEBEYONCE
Subject: Who Does She Think She Is?
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:13am

Am I the only one who thinks this woman has gone too far? I find this to be so unprofessional and everyone whos commenting on the instagram photo mostly agrees. This is crazy. You want people to AUCTION for an APPOINTMENT?! Who the hell do you think you are, MonetCrochet ?

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Replies:
Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:23am
Please enlighten us from the cheap seats who Monet is?

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: thebombdotkom
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:26am
Harpo, who dis woman?

-------------
Starting Length: Neck
Current Length: Longest layer @ WL
Short Term/2013 Goal: Full Waist Length
Ultimate Goal: Full Hip Length

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:26am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Please enlighten us from the cheap seats who Monet is?

MonetCrochet is her instagram name. Shes a hair stylist. She's coined the term "SeamlessWeave", when really all shes doing is braiding really small and close with a perimeter leave out. Not taking away from her work, it is very nice.

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:28am
They have her listed on the InstagramStylists thread. First off, she charges somewhere around 400 dollars for installs, wants you to jump through hoops and travel states lines for YOUR appointment, and now she wants you to BUY an APPOINTMENT slot?!

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:33am
Lol unbelievable

-------------

Posted By: Ceelopink
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:34am
She thinks shes the stuff

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:39am
Yall have to see her and her assistant arguing with customers because they think this is CRAZY! LMFAO!

One person goes:  Why wouldn't the next person that's on the waiting list get the appt? Not that I'm interested in the appt or seamless weave, I'm just wondering.

And her assistant/partner or whatever the hell she is, goes: well I need not waste my time with any explanations. Have a wonderful day.

MONET says: I don't get it lol. All the wtf and tf. Are unnecessary like Some time it be the main people who can't even pay a $50 deposit on time and ask for more time Or doesn't have enough money to get a seamless weave and ask for a payment plan . Smh if there career was in high demand and couldn't service everyone they would have a auction too . . I live life unselfishly so god makes the unordinary ordinary for me ..

Dead

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by ILOVEBEYONCE ILOVEBEYONCE wrote:

Yall have to see her and her assistant arguing with customers because they think this is CRAZY! LMFAO!

One person goes:  Why wouldn't the next person that's on the waiting list get the appt? Not that I'm interested in the appt or seamless weave, I'm just wondering.

And her assistant/partner or whatever the hell she is, goes: well I need not waste my time with any explanations. Have a wonderful day.

MONET says: I don't get it lol. All the wtf and tf. Are unnecessary like Some time it be the main people who can't even pay a $50 deposit on time and ask for more time Or doesn't have enough money to get a seamless weave and ask for a payment plan . Smh if there career was in high demand and couldn't service everyone they would have a auction too . . I live life unselfishly so god makes the unordinary ordinary for me ..

Dead

She can't even speak proper English...

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Dead

She can't even speak proper English...

Chile, you havent even SEEN the worst of it.

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:44am

Dead

Lmaoooo she's trying to be condescending but she fails because she can't properly construct a sentence. That's a hot mess!

-------------

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:00pm
Don't like people like her...I'm gonna make a seamless
Video so more women can do it themselves.

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:01pm
Lol at her career being in high demand.

-------------

Posted By: Blossom8186
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by thebombdotkom thebombdotkom wrote:

Dead

Lmaoooo she's trying to be condescending but she fails because she can't properly construct a sentence. That's a hot mess!

For real lol. Like, what is she even really trying to say? LOL

I personally don't see anything wrong with her auctioning off an appointment. If she has the client base, I think it's a smart enough way to make the extra money. Idk who tf she is but kudos to her and her poor English. Gotta get in where you fit in and live unselfishly making the unordinary ordinary right? Lmao 

-------------
I could sh*t in a cake at a kid's birthday party and still feel classy as f*ck thanks to this thread - Midna

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Please do so. In this day and age where weave wearers are being more empowered to do their own hair. Side eyes this chick. The method will shine for 2 years max. Something else will come along.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:13pm
So im looking at her instagram and it appears that she is cool withSewnatural1. That explains the outrageous prices. She had the nerve to charge $150.00 extra for emergency appointments??

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:17pm

So im looking at her instagram and it appears that she is cool withSewnatural1. That explains the outrageous prices. She had the nerve to charge $150.00 extra for emergency appointments??

LMFAO! Yes! And people pay it! Please tell me if you see her taking ordinary to "unordinary" with her weaves. GRANTED, they are very nice, but they certainly do not warrant her psychotic business practices nor attitude.

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Posted By: theLANAshow

I'm so confused.

Why are these people so unprofessional?! From hair stylists to AVs, the cattiness and lack of professionalism is astounding! EVERYONE is throwing shade at everyone else.

Is this the new business model? I know these reality shows have people thinking it's cute to act a fool, but really, that's how you want to run your business??

Hurry! Clap

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Posted By: Island-Clo
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:20pm
they are going in on instagram...lol her assistant's attitude is wack

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:21pm

LMFAO! Yes! And people pay it! Please tell me if you see her taking ordinary to "unordinary" with her weaves. GRANTED, they are very nice, but they certainly do not warrant her psychotic business practices nor attitude.

Lol this girl is nuts. The installs are average. Oh and she also offering classes to learn her "technique" lmao.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:22pm

Lol this girl is nuts. The installs are average. Oh and she also offering classes to learn her "technique" lmao.

For like 2 thousand dollars, I believe. LOL

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:25pm

For like 2 thousand dollars, I believe. LOL

Lawd!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:16pm

Now her assistant is comparing her to Barack Obama???Geek

This isn't real life.LOL

Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:18pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!

Posted By: Kami612
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:21pm
Well at least shes a licensed cosmetologist. LOL

The newest requirement for my next hair stylist is that you not have an instagram.
Instagram is the true root of all ratchetness.
I would just move someone up on the waiting list, it could really make your client's day.
That with a nice install & they're pretty much guaranteed to book again.
But I guess with all the thirst she sees on her twitter & instagram....Dead

I THINK she is located in Maryland or something like that.
There could be a real shortage of stylists who can do sew ins like she can.
So she probably can get away with a price like that.
Now SewNatural charging $975 for a sew in in NYC is ridiculous because there is a weave shop
on EVERY BLOCK in NY.

-------------

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:31pm
unfortunately it seems they are smoking from the same "pipe".. no mas

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:53pm
goes to youtube to see the process of this seemless weave.I wanna at least see before and afters. I don't see a doggone thang on YT.

-------------

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:56pm
Wow...in response to the post question, she can only go as far as folks allow her. Now if the actually bid for that $400 appointment she'll feel as though she can do whatever cuz folks will accept and pay for it...this hair game is no joke I see

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by theLANAshow theLANAshow wrote:

Now her assistant is comparing her to Barack Obama???Geek

This isn't real life.LOL

Lmao

-------------

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:57pm
I'm not even mad.

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: flygirlkc
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:06pm
Who needs CNN when you have BHM, I thank you ladies for staying on top of this hair gameClap

Posted By: SinCityKitty
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:13pm
I just want to add that her crazy assistant that some of you speak of.... is her mom Wacko   

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:18pm
That's even worse lol^

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by SinCityKitty SinCityKitty wrote:

I just want to add that her crazy assistant that some of you speak of.... is her mom Wacko   

Stern Smile Wow. That explains the ratchetness...

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:25pm

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Kami612 Kami612 wrote:

Well at least shes a licensed cosmetologist. LOL

The newest requirement for my next hair stylist is that you not have an instagram.
Instagram is the true root of all ratchetness.
I would just move someone up on the waiting list, it could really make your client's day.
That with a nice install & they're pretty much guaranteed to book again.
But I guess with all the thirst she sees on her twitter & instagram....Dead

I THINK she is located in Maryland or something like that.
There could be a real shortage of stylists who can do sew ins like she can.
So she probably can get away with a price like that.
Now SewNatural charging $975 for a sew in in NYC is ridiculous because there is a weave shop
on EVERY BLOCK in NY.

This. I can walk outside to the ave right now and have 5 different stylists hand me there business cards, answer my questions, and do my hair in one day for 80 dollars. And I mean DO it! Layered for the Gods and then some. Instead my brother is doing it right now for free.99. Its my late XMas gift tho! :)

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:39pm
The back and forth comments made by her mother are childish.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:41pm

And thats obviously where she learned her "customer service" skills from. I feel as though the questions people asked were very reasonable, she was just so defensive and at times unprofessional and rude.

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:46pm

And thats obviously where she learned her "customer service" skills from. I feel as though the questions people asked were very reasonable, she was just so defensive and at times unprofessional and rude.

Exactly and by her being so cocky and arrogant, she probably scared away potential customers.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 3:00pm

LOLLOL

I can't!!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 3:00pm

Hurry! Clap

I did my hair last night nd recorded the braid pattern, but not the actual sew in. I can explain it, though so I should have it posted on Monday....Saturday if I do my HW and stop procrastinating

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 3:14pm
Instagram makes me feel like I'm driving in a fancy car in the most greasy, grimy,uber hood part of town. I wish I could lock my eyelids down like u lock a car door.

Should've never given some folks smartphones with unlimited data plans

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Posted By: chatnoir
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

Instagram makes me feel like I'm driving in a fancy car in the most greasy, grimy,uber hood part of town. I wish I could lock my eyelids down like u lock a car door.

-------------
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow
Learn as if you were to live forever" - Gandhi

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:06pm
Is a seamless weave one with tape, skin wefts or with microrings because BHM has been doing those since been doing those.

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:15pm
Lol no. It's a sew in. The braids are done really small and tracks are placed close together so that you don't see lumps.

-------------

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:15pm
We know who she is related to right ? Pay 10 grand for one long weft and she will install with masking tape . Thumbs Up

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:28pm
LOL 

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:46pm

Yes lawd....  I concur.....  include access to FB and YouTube.......  dayum..Cry

-------------
What is your "BRAND"?
Leptin Reset and CT = BanginBody.com
www.jackkruse.com

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:47pm

Lol no. It's a sew in. The braids are done really small and tracks are placed close together so that you don't see lumps.
Isn't this a standard weave practice....... Ive fired many a "clucker weaveologist" for not doing so.  Lumps are not weave appropriate.......  LOL

-------------
What is your "BRAND"?
Leptin Reset and CT = BanginBody.com
www.jackkruse.com

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:50pm
I wish you all could see this!! Now she's telling people she INVENTED seamless weaves and all others claiming they do seamless weaves are fraudulent. Smh!

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:51pm
Did she delete the post? I don't see it on her page lol

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by thebombdotkom thebombdotkom wrote:

Did she delete the post? I don't see it on her page lol

Its still there, and then some.

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Isn't this a standard weave practice....... Ive fired many a "clucker weaveologist" for not doing so.  Lumps are not weave appropriate.......  LOL

Clucker.

CryCryCryLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCryCryLOL

-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Lmao

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:21pm

I wish you all could see this!! Now she's telling people she INVENTED seamless weaves and all others claiming they do seamless weaves are fraudulent. Smh!

How when ppl have been doing it before she was even heard of lol.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:25pm

Someone asked that very question. She got rude and her instagram stalkers attacked that person.

-------------
BHM Dont Forget NOTHIN'!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:26pm

Someone asked that very question. She got rude and her instagram stalkers attacked that person.

Lol I'm not surprised...

-------------

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 7:08pm
Utter ridiculous. Mother acting a fool for daughter. I wouldn't pay a red cent after reading this crap. They ain't doing nothing new with this auctioning crap. I smell a shawnda dee coming on.   Cancellations sloppy hair dosand whodini acts are coming near you

-------------

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 7:56pm
This is just crass.

-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?

Posted By: Malexandre
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 7:57pm
I am sorry but I have to comment on that because it s making me lmao. Those women are not doing anything special! they are using their brain, something that stylist (no offense to the ones on this forum) seem to lack.  When I first moved to this country and I went to get my first weave ,the woman start braiding my hair all to the back... I was like WTF!!! since then It has been a challenge to find someone who understand that this is not the way to go at all. It doesn't matter if you are having a side part, middle part ! braiding all the way to the back will left you with a big bump on the back of your head! a bump that they are trying to flatten using a kilo of thread and super complicated technique for no reason!
Where I am from I am used to people braiding in circular pattern and zig zag in the middle of the head. I doesn't matter how long your hair are it always came up flat! (your head is round, why it doesn't make sense for people to follow the shape of your head?!) The only thing you have to do is contour the horseshoe.Not only your hair is flat but you end up with only ONE braid that you can sew easily. Instead of having a thousand of braid and a kilo of thread that you have to remove with scissors and risk cutting your hair in the process. 
I am just saying no need for complicated sew in pattern it is as simple of that!

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:05pm
^^^^Thanks, never tried that.

-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:06pm
Straight backs with a net I would only do if someone has neck length or shorter hair.
Simple and not much tension.

Idk how I forgot to say this.

On Instagram straight flexin'

-------------

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:15pm
Hey, if someone is silly enough to actually bid, I judge them and not her. I'll be damned if I would be the one tho.

Her audacity is shocking, but I blame the fools who are gonna amp her head up by actually bidding. It's how a lot of these women in the hair game are able to get away with foolishness ex: Arjungle lol.

If I find a sucker dumb enough to pay me for some bull, I will gladly take that money off their hands.

So...is the money from the bid applied to their services, or are they paying for the appointment and then STILL have to pay in full for her services.

I gotta see the suckers who bid LMAO.

Posted By: donaey
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:59pm
I am following her on IG and read the foolishness earlier. All I gotta to say about it is hey do you boo boo. I surely won't be one of the ones bidding.

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:00pm
Thats what I want to know is my highest bid which can go over the 400 hunnid price my payment for the install and stuff minus the hair

-------------

Posted By: MissSlimG
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:50pm
Like somebody on her page said, why wouldn't she give the appointment to the next person on the waiting list? And if she didn't plan to use the list why have it? Id be pissed if I was on there. And booked until October?? Pssh yea ok. Watch she's gonna have many more appointments magically open up and auction those too

Posted By: iheartmr
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 12:07am
I can't get passed why and how she trademarked the term "seamless" weave. I have been familiar with that term and the process for over 10 years. This chick is about 22 and haven't been in the hair game long and she's claiming she coined the term. She must have been 2 when she coined it GTFO!

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Malexandre Malexandre wrote:

I am sorry but I have to comment on that because it s making me lmao. Those women are not doing anything special! they are using their brain, something that stylist (no offense to the ones on this forum) seem to lack.  When I first moved to this country and I went to get my first weave ,the woman start braiding my hair all to the back... I was like WTF!!! since then It has been a challenge to find someone who understand that this is not the way to go at all. It doesn't matter if you are having a side part, middle part ! braiding all the way to the back will left you with a big bump on the back of your head! a bump that they are trying to flatten using a kilo of thread and super complicated technique for no reason!
Where I am from I am used to people braiding in circular pattern and zig zag in the middle of the head. I doesn't matter how long your hair are it always came up flat! (your head is round, why it doesn't make sense for people to follow the shape of your head?!) The only thing you have to do is contour the horseshoe.Not only your hair is flat but you end up with only ONE braid that you can sew easily. Instead of having a thousand of braid and a kilo of thread that you have to remove with scissors and risk cutting your hair in the process. 
I am just saying no need for complicated sew in pattern it is as simple of that!

Great pattern!! My braid pattern is similar in the flatness of the back! That is also a biggie for a seamless weave!
Did you make that diagram? I so, can I use it to show how I lay my tracks for the seamless appearance?

And at this bish saying she invented the seamless weave.
No boo, you did not invent tiny ass base braids w/ simple track laying.

I'm loling at this chick acting like this ish is something intriquit!
All it take is some time and willing to experiment to find out how to do one.
I've been doing seamless installs since I was 16, she may have coined the term but she can
FOH with acting like she invented it.

I'll be impressed if this broad invented a weave that is full and can be parted anywhere without having to leave hair out! When you figure that out, then you can act like Queen Weavy, untill then have a thousand seats!!

I think we should start a thread and collaborate techniques that we use for our seamless weaves, starting with the pattern posted above!!

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 3:09am

Thanks for this little diagram! *bookmarks*

-------------

Posted By: 123kjack
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:35am
When you win the auction on ebay that the price of the service all you have to do is bring the hair

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:41am

Could you please make a diagram for a full weave with closure?

-------------

Posted By: tasty14rb
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:44am

Hurry! Clap

I did my hair last night nd recorded the braid pattern, but not the actual sew in. I can explain it, though so I should have it posted on Monday....Saturday if I do my HW and stop procrastinating

What is your YT name?

Posted By: kilaniboo
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:10am
i dont understand the hype over doing sew-ins that allow high ponytails. With enough leaveout and a neatly braided circular base, any stylist should be able to achieve this. I do it all the time and im not even licensed... but if people think shes worth the $400+ then i cant be mad at that. 

-------------
blog-->fiend4beauty.com

Posted By: brwnSUGARbby
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:59pm
She only been doing "seamless" weaves for a little over 4 months so when did she "coin" this term ???? Oh and there are pictures of her braid pattern on her IG. shes young and dumb and she will never make it with her fool ass customer service "FAQ"

Posted By: Miss Carmen
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 10:59pm
NORTH  CAROLINA  FAQ

Right now she is accepting appointments in NC as all Baltimore appointments have been booked. The prices for NC are below.  

Hello and thank you for contacting Monet Crochet. In an effort to respond to the massive number of emails I have created a FAQ that should hopefully answer all questions. Please read all  of the  questions and answers before booking your appointment.  If you ask a question that was addressed in this FAQ you will be asked to reference this for the answer so that we can address other questions that are not answered in the FAQ.  Thank you so much.

Frequently asked questions

1. What is a SEAMLESS WEAVE™?

A SEAMLESS WEAVE™ is a technique by uMonet Crochet that gives you more flexibility with wearing your weave. With a SEAMLESS WEAVE™ you are not limited to one hair style with a seamless flat surface 

2. If Monet is booked can another stylists do a SEAMLESS WEAVE™ ?

At this time the answer is no. We are currently working on licensing rights and training for other stylist to offer the technique  to their clients. 

3. How much is a SEAMLESS WEAVE?

The prices are $500 for the Charlotte,NC  location and a $100  deposit is needed to secure your appointment. See question 10 for out of town appointments if you wish for Monet to travel to you. 

4. How do  I book an appointment?

First email some dates that you are interested in. Someone will contact you with the availability around the dates you have provided. Once a date and time has been given to you, you then have 24 hours to secure your appointment date by paying your deposit. The balance is payable at the time of your appointment.

5. How and where do I pay my deposit?

Deposits are paid via paypal. It will give us both a receipt of your payment. 
-Log on to  http://www.paypal.com/" rel="nofollow - -click on BUY
-click on make a payment
-enter the information on the left side of the screen
-where it says TO enter the following email address:   mailto:bookmonetcrochet@gmail.com" rel="nofollow - -enter $100 for the amount
-click on continue and follow it through
-be sure to put your appointment date, time and NC in the comments section so that your payment can be applied.
(If you have any other questions regarding PayPal please reference the website or give paypal a call)

6. How long will the SEAMLESS WEAVE last?

With proper maintenance it can last up to 3 1/2 - 5  months depending on length and density of your hair . By proper maintenance We mean getting your hair shampooed  and treated with the proper products that will keep your hair looking fabulous.

7. How often will I need my hair maintenanced?

That is up to you. Some people come in once a week and others every two weeks. Some people return once a month. It's all in how you care for your hair in between salon visits. The cost of a maintenance appointment is $65. The price includes your hair treatments

8. How much for color?

Color is $25 per bundle of hair. If you are getting your natural hair colored in addition to the weave bundles, the prices start at $40 on up depending on what needs to be done. Monet would have to look at your hair and the color that you are interested in receiving.

9. If I can't make my appointment is my deposit refundable?

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY- all deposits are non-refundable
-if you pay your deposit and you are unable to make your appointment you must CANCEL within 24 hrs prior to your appointment to reschedule. Send us a text message or email. Sending an email / text will give the date and time of your cancellation. We will contact you to give you a rescheduled date that will work better for you. 
-if you are a no call and/or a no show. YOUR DEPOSIT IS NONREFUNDABLE and we will not reschedule you. 

10. Will Monet travel to my location and what are the travel prices?

Monet Crochet's travel prices are as follows :
- travel and hotel must be paid in full for Monet Crochet
-Monet will cover the expenses for her own assistants
- if you have 6 or more people the cost for a SEAMLESS  WEAVE™ is $950
-If you have 5 or less people the cost for a SEAMLESS  WEAVE™ is $1200

11. What does the SEAMLESS WEAVE™ include?

It includes your hair treatments(hour and 30 min), the cutting of all dead ends, braiding of your hair, weave install and styling.    Additional techniques are  added   according to the health of your hair . Monet will tell you which products you will need to maintain your hair.  

12. Is the hair included in the price?

No it isn't 

13. Where can I purchase my hair for a weave install?

You can order hair through whichever vendor you are comfortable with. Monet Crochet has had great success with Sassy Mitchell Hair but you are free to use who you like. If you are interested in the Sassy Mitchell Hair please contact them if you have any questions. We do not have a number nor an address for them. Any search engine should be able to located their contact information. 

14. Is there a Payment plan?

Yes. You can send in payments via paypal as long as you reference your appointment date.  You get up to  2 months(( ONLY))to pay it off  . If  YOUR TOTAL BALANCE ISN'T PAYED  on time all of your money will be sent back  EXCEPT your  hundred dollars deposit . At this point you will no longer be able to get a appt with Monet crochet  again . There are no payment plans beyond the actual appointment date.

15. Is Monet  Crochet moving to Charlotte, North Carolina?

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 2:41am
I hate when people refer to themselves in 3rd person.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 4:52am
She said she gets a massive amount of emails.  BWAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!  LOL

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Posted By: darlinnic
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 7:51am
5 to 7 hours for an install???
That's allll day

So glad I found a stylist in south Florida that can do SEAMLESS WEAVES.
I like how she's got that "tm" behind the name. It's a nice touch

Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 7:56am
$500.00??? I wish I would....

-------------

Posted By: yayatheprincess
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 8:12am
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

5 to 7 hours for an install???
That's allll day

So glad I found a stylist in south Florida that can do SEAMLESS WEAVES.
I like how she's got that "tm" behind the name. It's a nice touch

what part of south Florida? i'm thinking of trying someone new

Posted By: MimiSoLovely
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 9:00am
Wait, this broad is crazy, but that's explainable since her momma is a hot mess too. But y'all said SEW NATURAL is charging $975.00 for a sew-in now? SMH. I knew she was starting to get all high and mighty I had to unfriend her ass on Facebook cause she acted like arjuju was the only damn hair that was really worthy of install. Whats wrong with these wenches.

Dead

-------------
You don't have to love me, You don't even have to like me, But you WILL respect me. Cause I'm A BOSS!

Posted By: beana3
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 9:50am
What is going here??!?!?!? Part of me thinks they're both one trick ponys trying to make as much $ off ONE intsall because they know clients likely wont return/ find their services worth it. Look at Sewnatural closely, her long time clients have their OLD RATE locked in, hence her retention. I find it hard to believe both her and monet are booked so far in advance at their current prices, that means they dont have appts avail to re-book clients! Everyone knows stylists make money off of their LOYAL clientele, not just one timers.

I dont consider them to be brilliant business people at all, I think theyre both aware that the HIGH people feel booking their seemingly unattainable services will wear off as soon as you get out of their chair. So they try to get as much money in one shot as possible.

Posted By: Aerie
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:44am
The thoughts going through my head as I read through this thread...

First off...auctioning off appointments? I think she's ridiculous, but I can't hate. It's brilliant business really, but given her attitude, approach and "I created seamless weaves TM" mentality, she's ridiculous. 
You're an IG stylist, relax and sit down. 

Then her mother is her assistant and she's so classless with business? Really now? No wonder they've got such nasty attitudes, it's a family thing. It's easier to act a fool when your mother is standing behind you saying "That's my baby! Aint nobody taking what God gave you." 
Woman, she's weaving in other women's hair into a strangers head with a method that's been around for ages. Just stop your nonsense.

The prices are crazy! Kudos to her cashing into that market, but still, she's a mess for how she conducts herself and her business. 

And I hope she actually did trademark Seamless Weave, because she'd just look a fool using TM on something that's not even trademarked...

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 11:32am
Dreamz loves how monet speaks about herself in the third person. Dreamz would try this, but dreamz doesn't want her family to look at her like she is crazy.

Dreamz wishes monet A safe and happy pregnancy, but dreamz also wishes monet would sit down and shut up about inventing her seamless weave technique.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Posted By: Malexandre
Date Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:35am
@naturalchick30
I never had a full weave with a closure so I can't tell you what the best option will be . I don't want to say something w/o testing it and making sure it works 100%

Posted By: flygirlkc
Date Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 11:13am

Dreamz loves how monet speaks about herself in the third person. Dreamz would try this, but dreamz doesn't want her family to look at her like she is crazy.

Dreamz wishes monet A safe and happy pregnancy, but dreamz also wishes monet would sit down and shut up about inventing her seamless weave technique.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 11:17am

@naturalchick30
I never had a full weave with a closure so I can't tell you what the best option will be . I don't want to say something w/o testing it and making sure it works 100%

Ok thanks.

-------------

Posted By: Ms_Kudos
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:22am
Here's the ebay auction link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEAMLESS-WEAVE-Monet-Crochet-/121058708463#ht_937wt_1399 -

(It's posted in the thread about sewnatural1...birds of a feather weave together)

Posted By: drahmafree
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:01am
For real doe?! Smh yeah ok! I think it's sad...

-------------
twitter:@_darkadaberri
IG: @darkadaberri

Posted By: Milanni Parys
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:02am

Straight backs with a net I would only do if someone has neck length or shorter hair.
Simple and not much tension.

Idk how I forgot to say this.

On Instagram straight flexin'

yes mam,make em small and sew those tails in between braids,net up and go. I have done many a ponytail sew ins like this that LAST even with long hair.

-------------

Posted By: Milanni Parys
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:05am

lmfao!!! Milanni agrees.

-------------

Posted By: meerkat81
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Milanni Parys Milanni Parys wrote:

lmfao!!! Milanni agrees.

DeadCryLOL

Posted By: Pretty_Thick_Me
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:16pm
I will say that I am a fan of Monet. BUT I will say that ALL the ig stylist I follow all do the same thing anyway. Everyone's install looks the exact same!!!!!!! So I don't think I could see myself paying someone $400 for the samething everyone else is doing. & plus I'm not a fan of doing the high ponytail. It's jus way too much hair left out for me.

Posted By: whitneydaniell
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:52pm
Her styles are nice but her prices aren't practical especially when her so-called trademarked "Seamless Weaves" aren't anything fancy or original. Hair By Bobby, who is located in the Bronx, NY does the same exact thing and his prices are very reasonable and he's not rude to people. It's funny that she asked people to address their questions to her mom, yet her mom answers them by being rude. Type of customer service is that? Furthermore, I searched the US Patent and Trademark applications; pending and approved, and um... yeah... no trademark for Seamless Weaves. She's lame.

Check out Hair By Bobby ---> http://bobbydoesmyhair.tumblr.com - bobbydoesmyhair.tumblr.com

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:06pm
LOL @ hairbybobby. Nice try.

Posted By: whitneydaniell
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:10pm
I never tried him. Just seen pictures. His work is similar to hers and his prices are better. *shrug*

Posted By: dsr_diva09
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:45pm
The bidding is at 660$ with 6 days left. It's officially black Christmas.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by whitneydaniell whitneydaniell wrote:

I never tried him. Just seen pictures. His work is similar to hers and his prices are better. *shrug*

Yeah I follow him on instagram

-------------

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:35pm
From Rags To Riches To Ratchet

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Print Page | Close Window