Print Page | Close Window

Tough love or too much?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353825
Printed Date: Nov 14 2018 at 1:43pm

Topic: Tough love or too much?
Posted By: Random Thoughts
Subject: Tough love or too much?
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:39am
Summary?

• Kid steals video game
  • Older cousin steals video game from kid to show him what it feels like to have something stolen
  • Kid posts on facebook that he is going to beat up older cousin and get video game back
  • Older cousin visits kid and does this...

Thoughts?

Replies:
Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:40am
The older cousin is 25 and the younger cousin is 17.

(if repost, lank?)

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:45am
He got off light.....But uh yeah i dunno it take more than some thumps in the chest to get through to dudes... Dude sound like he got good intentions.... This whole posting the shh online stuff is getting old tho..Although i see why was done..still...

-------------

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:46am
This has to be fake?

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:46am
Too much.

He wasn't trying to teach him a lesson for stealing. He was beating him up out of anger because he disrespected him. He used the stealing as an excuse to hit him smh

-------------
yo

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

He got off light.....But uh yeah i dunno it take more than some thumps in the chest to get through to dudes... Dude sound like he got good intentions.... This whole posting the shh online stuff is getting old tho..Although i see why was done..still...
Yeah I agree!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:48am
I was told that there comes a time in every boys life when he tries to test his father and either he gets over or he gets thumped and a talking to to keep him in line....  Is this true?@ Maleposters

I know i got shook when my moms thought i was "smellin myself" Ouch

-------------

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:54am
This was a little too much. 

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:30am
IMO it felt like a bit extra. However, at the same time, without full context it's hard to say 100% whether this was extra or not.

But I agree, why is there ALWAYS someone with a camera waiting to take video? Can someone get the bully beatdown for ONCE without there being 20 ppl waiting with a camera to post it to WSHH?

One of these days WSHH is going to post the wrong video and get shut down.

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:38am
It wasn't tough love. What was the lesson behind the harsh punishment? Don't publicly disrespect me? No, I believe the older cousin felt some type of way that his younger cousin had the balls to disrespect him on what I assumed was a social networking website. He probably felt he he something to prove - otherwise, it wouldn't have been taped or uploaded (IMO).

... But, I didn't watch past the first 1:25, so my opinion could be biased.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:42am
It was a bit much to be honest. Stealing the game from the kid and/or having a talk with him would have been enough. Now had the kid stepped up to him like he was big and bad trying to fight like he said he would do THEN it would have been a different story.

Also, I agree people need to stop with filming stuff like this especially since I doubt they are filming it as a means to "teach" the kid a lesson.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:49am
I understand.i call it tough love. 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:55am

I was told that there comes a time in every boys life when he tries to test his father and either he gets over or he gets thumped and a talking to to keep him in line....  Is this true?@ Maleposters

its true. i seem'em rise up in my family, only to get knocked back down. goodness. at my age if i came at my mom crazy she'd still handle hers.

i dont know why she always thought she was so gangstaErmm

-------------

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:51am
Too much by putting this online and also kinda creepy looking. 17 is still a kid to me so I don't see why he couldn't just talk to his parents. Why wouldn't they be involved in this? Also why not just drag his butt back to the store? How is taking the game from him really teaching him something? How do we know he didn't just take it to play the game himself? 

-------------

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 3:47am
If the 17 year old was my kid, I would have t "teach" the older cousin a lesson myself......

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 4:13am
I had to come back to this again.  I WILL say that had that 17 year old tried to throw punches AND that was maybe a sibling, I would understand (been there, done that).  I just feel like there are other steps that could have been taken before it had escalated to this.  

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 4:37am
too much too late

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 7:03am
Older cousin is a bully plain and simple.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:04am
It's too much. He shouldn't have recorded it. He wasn't really hitting him hard and I think that boy knows it.

That is not my style, but it wasn't THAT bad.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:13am
Did the older cousin take the game back to the store...

Yeah, that was too much and what was the purpose of recording it.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:14am
a few body blows, he was aight. had he been slappin him around, that different.
Now the reasoning behind it, i can see where yall might be like "it was out of anger" but i think the bigger lesson is that stealing can get your ass beat or worse, some things can't be conveyed through regular chit chat.

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:24am

Aghhhh I remember the day that I was "smelling myself"

-------------
Be humble or get him humbled

Ignore typos...autocorrect won't let me be great

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:29am

we discussed this in that thread about the poster whose son was having girl problems and he deemed it fit to man up to his dad then he got knocked into temporary cardiac arrhythmias from the old man (well not really, but the pops gave him a lil bit than gentle love tap at his chest)

you can only have one alpha in each pack

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:43am
Stealing gets people killed(black teenagers especially). A few body blows will teach him not to steal. I'm sure his father is not around so the cousin stepped up. If his cousin did this when he was 12 then he wouldn't have to result to doing this while the kid is 17. Trust me I'm a mother of small boys and at a certain age the start smelling themselves. They are perfect little angels right now cause they're still small.

BUT HUNNNAY.....Just the thought made me start going to the gym just for the day my sons want to flex. LAWDDDDDDDD I think I might just end up wrestling him.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

.....evidence for court....

Posted By: Over_all
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:31am

Idk for every family but I fought with my uncles cause there was no dad role in my house and my younger bros tested me 

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:33am
Ninja's gone get arrested with all this filmin' these days.

that's all i'm gone say.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:53am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

we discussed this in that thread about the poster whose son was having girl problems and he deemed it fit to man up to his dad then he got knocked into temporary cardiac arrhythmias from the old man (well not really, but the pops gave him a lil bit than gentle love tap at his chest)

you can only have one alpha in each pack

Oh yea....lol@bold.... LOL

I know my bros had  the garage talks with my dad...i still dont know what was said in there Sleepy

I just wondered if for males it was a need to be a leader that made them act this way... When I was "smelling myself" it wasnt because I wanted to take charge but because I wanted to be referred to as a teenager  and dress a certain wayOuch

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:56am
Kid posts on facebook that he is going to beat up older cousin and get video game back

so what happened with that plan?^^^^^

I guess it didn't go down like he thought it would.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:12am
He wasn't hitting him to punish him for stealing. He was hitting that child because he told people that his cousin wasn't gone do nothing to him, probably after taunting from others about his cousin taking his game. That beating was not to save the child's life or teach him a lesson, it was for the cousin to show he"s still big and bad. I think he felt like the child was challenging his street cred, and wanted to defend his name. IMO this was not about the child and more about the cousin's feeling, so I have no respect for it.

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

I think it was to humiliate the kid for going on fb and acting hard

I dont see the problem tbh

-------------

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:37pm
Omg I couldn't finish watching...Too much.

I see where he was going but he coulda stopped at 1 or 2 hits. By then he proved his point.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: Finesseful
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:48pm
I don't agree with recording discipline. Too many people seem like they just want a pat on the back for being "tough" parents/guardians/male figures. 

-------------
Make love, not war.

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Stealing gets people killed(black teenagers especially). A few body blows will teach him not to steal. I'm sure his father is not around so the cousin stepped up. If his cousin did this when he was 12 then he wouldn't have to result to doing this while the kid is 17. Trust me I'm a mother of small boys and at a certain age the start smelling themselves. They are perfect little angels right now cause they're still small.

BUT HUNNNAY.....Just the thought made me start going to the gym just for the day my sons want to flex. LAWDDDDDDDD I think I might just end up wrestling him.

i was just having this conversation the other day. LOL i already wrestle them. thing 1 and thing 2 try to double team me occasionally...gotta always remind them whos in charge. GeekLOL

-------------

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:30pm
That's nothing like he'd get in the real world for doing the same thing to the wrong person. He'll learn.

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

I understand.i call it tough love. 

yeah, i think it was just tough love and i think he was trying to help his cousin understand the consequences of the behaviors these teens have today.  it should've never been posted for the world to see though.  

i'm one of those people that also believes in making your kid stand on the side of the road with a sign as a form of punishment though. lol

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Too much.

He wasn't trying to teach him a lesson for stealing. He was beating him up out of anger because he disrespected him. He used the stealing as an excuse to hit him smh
all of this. he's an asshole

-------------

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

He wasn't hitting him to punish him for stealing. He was hitting that child because he told people that his cousin wasn't gone do nothing to him, probably after taunting from others about his cousin taking his game. That beating was not to save the child's life or teach him a lesson, it was for the cousin to show he"s still big and bad. I think he felt like the child was challenging his street cred, and wanted to defend his name. IMO this was not about the child and more about the cousin's feeling, so I have no respect for it.

I agree. 

Minus the video taping, this is how one of my brothers dealt with my two older nephews. I would cringe when he went punching them in the chest but I kept quiet unless it got out of hand. I kept quiet because my brother has asshole, machismo issues (like the guy in the video imo) and speaking up would probably fuel his fire. 

Anyway, I understand what he claimed were his intentions but I hate that this was taped. It puts a target on the boy's back and people might start trying him because they saw him weak/crying, and the boy will probably try that much harder to prove how tough he is. 

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 4:26pm
I don't feel sorry for him.

-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 3:33am
Too much.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window