Print Page | Close Window

Beyonce Lip-Synced Inaugural Anthem

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353771
Printed Date: Sep 21 2017 at 8:07am

Topic: Beyonce Lip-Synced Inaugural Anthem
Posted By: miana79
Subject: Beyonce Lip-Synced Inaugural Anthem
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:51pm

Beyonce's Lip-Synced Inaugural Anthem: Is It Really a Big Deal?

WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 21: Beyoncé performs the national anthem as U.S. President Barack Obama looks on during the presidential inauguration on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol January 21, 2013 in Washington, DC. Barack Obama was re-elected for a second term as President of the United States. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)
Alex Wong/Getty Images

The jig is up. It took less than 24 hours for news to break that Beyoncé's striking live performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the inaugural ceremonies for President Barack Obama on Monday might have merely a lip-synced run-through of a track she recorded earlier.

http://www.billboard.com/news/beyonce-did-not-actually-sing-at-inauguration-1008107082.story" rel="nofollow - Did Beyonce Lip-Sync at Inauguration?

The news is a shocker, considering the R&B queen is no stranger to big stages and annihilating them in real time. It's important to note that she did sing the http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7GzlGMxJO7U" rel="nofollow - National Anthem at the 2004 Superbowl live (at least, we think she did).

Nevertheless, the response to today's news has been swift and harsh. Fans that lauded her performance, right down to when she yanked the earpiece out of her left lobe, feel like they've been lied to. Like yesterday, Beyonce is currently a trending Twitter topic, but this time for all the wrong reasons

"So, sincere question here, the pulling out of the earpiece was because the recorded version might throw off her lip-sync?" https://twitter.com/grubreport/status/293768400809914371" rel="nofollow - one Twitter user asked.

But the bigger idea and question to ask here is if whether Beyoncé lip-syncing is really such a big deal.

On one hand, no, it's not. This isn't a Milli Vanilli situation here and should not be treated as such. If Beyoncé did lip-sync, she was not mouthing over another woman's voice. It was her... just maybe not her at that moment. She recorded herself singing the best version of what, presumably, she didn't think she could do come show time. Was it the cold weather? Was it nerves? Only Queen B knows for sure.

Should she have wrecked an amazing ceremony because of an off key showing, for the selfish fact that singing live would earn her more respect than the possibility of people finding out that it was pre-recorded? Years from now, when critics and pundits look back at the best National Anthem efforts at inaugurations, Beyoncé will be likely be mentioned. She won't be banned from The Hall of Awesome Inaugural Performances. Either way, it was her voice. She sold the hell out of it. And that's alright.

But on the other hand...

It's a big deal. In a musical feats of strength contest, the National Anthem is arguably one of the heaviest weights to lift. Artists ranging from the likes of http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b94aBPC5T-E" rel="nofollow - Christina Aguilera to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZRXF4hIkl9E" rel="nofollow - Steven Tyler to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JDMvfAq7QPw" rel="nofollow - Roseanne Barr can vouch for that. It's understandable that any artist who doesn't think they could do it justice pre-record their performance

Replies:
Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:52pm
I don't believe it.

-------------
Come take my hand and lets go Nala-land, where all your sexiest dreams will come true!

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:55pm
Yeah I know it's done but she wasn't dancing or anything.
Sing it live.

I guess they don't want the moment tarnished by a tech mishap or a crack of the voice.

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:56pm
I believe it

And beyonce won't say a peep about it

Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:58pm
Whitney's version was lip-synched and I luh me some Whitney! So I don't curr.

I didn't really care for Bey's version, lip synced or not.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:58pm

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:59pm
She sang with a track and it was messing her up

That's why she took out her earpiece

You could hear both at certain times

She didn't lip sync

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Lmao! Chuck is funny.LOLLOLLOL

eta: Boehner looks so orange in the background...I can't stand him Sleepy

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Posted By: iNFATUATE
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:11pm
Dang, I would've gone way more dramatic for a lip-sync. That mess was boring.

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:16pm
i really don't understand why its a big deal....shes more than proven that she can sang so what's the problem? this is a normal procedure
she sang the anthem live with destiny's child at the all stars game, she's sung live and acapella a bunch of times...let the damn girl live

and from a singer's perspective it's hard to sing in deep cold like that...she had on a dress, not a jacket...the cold is not good for the lungs/vocal chords but that's another thing...

anyway it really isn't that serious

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

Whitney's version was lip-synched and I luh me some Whitney! So I don't curr.

I didn't really care for Bey's version, lip synced or not.
They always prerecord the National Anthem for Superbowl performances. Artists like Britney, Janet and her sometimes lip sync bc their dancing all over the place for hours. She wasnt though, so she has no reason

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:23pm
*Devils advocate*

Fellow Texan Kelly Clarkson sang live. She didn't have any problem with the cold.Evil Smile

*Sips messy O tea lol*

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:26pm
Kelly Clarkson can sing!

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Posted By: Marmonette
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:27pm
And Kelly sounded a mess.

She should have recorded it before too Dead

-------------
heyyyyyyyy

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Marmonette Marmonette wrote:

she sound bad too??? Bey did ok!

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:29pm
IA with foxroy

I really don't see why it matters. She didn't millie vanillie us. We know it's her voice. We know she's capable of reproducing that performance. Big whoop.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

I liked Beyonce. I don't know if she lip synced or not, but I liked it. I am a Kelly fan...but this...this was not it.

-------------
heyyyyyyyy

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:32pm
kelly could've done A LOT better
i was shocked when i saw her performance cuz i know that girl can blow

so yes the cold got her too, im sure of it...when you sing you need to take in big breaths of air...when u do that in the cold, it's hard to stay on track singing

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:32pm
oh and kelly was clearly wearing a coat as well so

-------------

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:37pm

Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

I liked Beyonce. I don't know if she lip synced or not, but I liked it. I am a Kelly fan...but this...this was not it.

you're right, that was nowhere close to being as good as beyonce. of course kelly sung live, that sh*t was horrible. maybe she should have sung over a track like bey did. i don't know how kelly slipped through the cracks and got the go ahead to sing at such a historic even but somebody needs to be held accountable for it. i expected nothing less than perfection.

anyways, i have never been a fan of white singers. i'm not impressed by any of them.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:39pm
who cares. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Yeah I know it's done but she wasn't dancing or anything.
Sing it live.

I guess they don't want the moment tarnished by a tech mishap or a crack of the voice.

Yeah...I mean, if there's anytime to pour it out from the heart it's now. Kelly sang live so she has NO excuse.

I am not amused.

I missed the live performance so I only saw it through replayed bits on the news so I couldn't tell.

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

who cares. 

I thought your republican azz was more patriotic than this.   

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:43pm
she sang live during their dance to at last....that's not enough?
its beyonce for god's sake lol we know she can blow....she can't catch a break?

-------------

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:44pm
i'm not patriotic at all. lol

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

*Devils advocate*

Fellow Texan Kelly Clarkson sang live. She didn't have any problem with the cold.Evil Smile

*Sips messy O tea lol*

guuuuurl

jesus didnt walk on water, his hologram did

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:49pm
The music hemmed up Aretha last time

Bey ain't bout that life

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:49pm

A video that the Wall Street Journal posted yesterday (before the rumors) actually uses the audio from her mic (as they recorded from the stage) instead of the speaker system like the tv outlets used.  And you can hear her voice over the track, including the feedback from the mic which explains why she removed her earpiece. Check it below:

By the way, she also just opened up  http://www.beyonce.com/en/login" rel="nofollow - The BeyHive Blog  on her website with all her personal favorite things.  Chick is about her empire these days..

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:52pm
She must've gotten that idea from Gwenyth. Gwenyth Paltrow's goop site is the most pretentious useless ish ever!

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:54pm
She looks so much like her mother.

-------------
heyyyyyyyy

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:02pm
she murked the ever living shiit out of this too like only bee can Wink Approve

-------------

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:05pm

Eww LOL

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:07pm
Damn. Fake ass...

-------------

Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

she THEY murked the ever living shiit out of this too like only bee can with Kelly and michelle in the backgroundWink Approve

I think it sounds better with the 3 of them together vs. her alone.

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:19pm
^ lol did u hear some top secret version of her singing it alone to know that? LOL

what i DO know tho is that she blew them both out of the water as per the usual Wink

-------------

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

Damn. Fake ass...

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:22pm

*Devils advocate*

*Sips messy O tea lol*

guuuuurl

Cry
*Sips messy tea*

I wonder what Kelly did to prepare to sing in such frigid temps. Maybe Beyonce didn't have the time to prepare or couldn't prepare like Kelly did.Evil Smile

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:24pm
Aretha said next time she'll probably pre-record(lip sync) too. She said it's too cold to sing in DC, in January, outdoors LOL

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:25pm
Im going to ask my husband...he has an ear for this stuff

Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:36pm
I thought the theatrical part at the beginning was a bit much....the way she was looking into the crowd like "I AM BEYONCE...LOOK AT ME!!! LOL

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

Damn. Fake ass...
yupLOL

-------------

Posted By: stardaqueenb23
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:59am
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

<p style="font-size: 12px; margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Arial, HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue Light', 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; vertical-align: line; line-height: 18px;">A video that the <em style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: line;">Wall Street Journal posted yesterday (before the rumors) actually uses the audio from her mic (as they recorded from the stage) instead of the speaker system like the tv outlets used.  And you can hear her voice over the track, including the feedback from the mic which explains why she removed her earpiece. Check it below:

<p style="font-size: 12px; margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Arial, HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue Light', 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; vertical-align: line; line-height: 18px;"><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px;"> </span>

<p style="font-size: 12px; margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Arial, HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue Light', 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; vertical-align: line; line-height: 18px;">By the way, she also just opened up  http://www.beyonce.com/en/login" rel="nofollow - The BeyHive Blog  on her website with all her personal favorite things.  Chick is about her empire these days..

Now you know they are always trying to come for the queen.
She has slayed the Anthem many times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OhrrGu2rcZ4" rel="nofollow - Beyonce

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:47am
Does it really matter?

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 3:33am
IMO it doesn't really matter. It was clearly Bey's voice and she was clearly singing on top of herself - hence taking out the earpiece as it was messing her up.

As several have already stated, singing out live in the freezing cold isn't likely to give you your best performance. And on CNN the army band that backed her admitted that all artists who sing the national anthem with them are required to record a back up version in the event that things don't go as planned.

IMO, the fact that this is causing a stir is ignorant - especially when it's established news outlets like CNN acting like they're now the TMZ of the legitimate news segment. Um our economy is still effed, we still have a partisan political climate, how is Bey & her singing or not singing the anthem live going to change that?

#Ain'tNobodyGotTimeForThat

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 4:48am
No Big deal. Even Whitney Houston's superbowl best of all time anthem was pre-recorded I think?

They all do it!

-------------
I swear that BHM is a blessing and a curse.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:14am
okay...lmao now that i actually listened to beyonce sing it...that mess was dry... i dont care if whitney did pre record it had some umph to it..and beyonce cant touch it.

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

okay...lmao now that i actually listened to beyonce sing it...that mess was dry... i dont care if whitney did pre record it had some umph to it..and beyonce cant touch it.

LOL
Shade!!!LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 7:25am
lol did you listen to it?

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

lol did you listen to it?

Yeah for about 20 seconds..Stern Smile

-------------

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 7:35am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

IMO it doesn't really matter. It was clearly Bey's voice and she was clearly singing on top of herself - hence taking out the earpiece as it was messing her up.

As several have already stated, singing out live in the freezing cold isn't likely to give you your best performance. And on CNN the army band that backed her admitted that all artists who sing the national anthem with them are required to record a back up version in the event that things don't go as planned.

IMO, the fact that this is causing a stir is ignorant - especially when it's established news outlets like CNN acting like they're now the TMZ of the legitimate news segment. Um our economy is still effed, we still have a partisan political climate, how is Bey & her singing or not singing the anthem live going to change that?

#Ain'tNobodyGotTimeForThat

HELLO

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:24am
i dont care. everything on tv is a show and id rather see a good on than a bad one.

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBR_NJxW1M&list" rel="nofollow - ☼

Posted By: Merin
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:29am
I have a  friend in the band and yes she did lip sync. She also first planned to sing but wanted to A capella but Obama said it would be disrespectful to NOT use the band.  She didn't want to rehearse with the band and they found out at the last minute a recording would be used so the band basically had to lip sync as well. 

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

I have a  friend in the band and yes she did lip sync. She also first planned to sing but wanted to A capella but Obama said it would be disrespectful to NOT use the band.  She didn't want to rehearse with the band and they found out at the last minute a recording would be used so the band basically had to lip sync as well. 

lmao, tf? She too good to rehearse with the band eh? Bish it wasnt about you that day!

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 9:15am
Wow. Beyonce, Beyawn, Beyondce...

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 9:58am
Don't care that she lip synced, but it was a boring performance either way.  I expected more "fireworks" from her.  Oh well.

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 9:58am

*Devils advocate*

*Sips messy O tea lol*

guuuuurl

Cry
*Sips messy tea*

I wonder what Kelly did to prepare to sing in such frigid temps. Maybe Beyonce didn't have the time to prepare or couldn't prepare like Kelly did.Evil Smile
guuurrrll, you know Bey stans ain't trying to here that.. and if Bey did lip sync, then she should have did it over a better track because that was a mediocre performance.. I think Kelly's was better.
Anyways, I really don't care that she lip synced. Being that I was at the inarguration, I was more like "she need to hurry up so I can get out of this damn cold"LOL.

Posted By: Over_all
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 10:03am
Everbody lip syncs some performances it's better than going out there knowing your voice isn't up to par and still trying to sing and sounding horrible...

Posted By: katakana89
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 10:29am
I didn't watch the inauguration for Beyonce so I'm not pressed.
I didn't even know she was going to preform tbh

Posted By: Guidette
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 10:49am
When they said Jesus was abt to turn water into wine I went a did another youtube ...So I got busy and missed itLOL

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 10:53am

I see motherhood has only increased her divatude.

This isn't the Super Bowl, it's an inauguration. Smh.

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

She sang with a track and it was messing her up

That's why she took out her earpiece

You could hear both at certain times

She didn't lip sync

FOLKS in this profession do it a lot not just her.. actually she was smart, it was a huge occasion anything can happen, its better to be prepared than look like a fool.. folks making too much about something that's done ALL THE DAMN TIME. it doesn't matter to me.. 

-------------

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:10am
She sang over her recording

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:25am
Why in the world is everyone making a big deal about this? Its all over the local news and everything.

I think people wish they had a reason to knock Beyonce down a peg or two but this clearly aint gone cut it. I'm not a big fan of hers but obviously the girl can sing her ass off so folks need to get over it. 

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:28am
Beyonce's lip syncing "scandal" is just a cover up for all the ppl who didn't want Obama for a second term IMO.  A way to throw shade on his inauguration...they tried it, lol

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:33am
I was starting to think this too!

Especially with them relaying that video of FLOTUS rolling her eyes at Boehner.... idk
These news reports rub me the wrong way

Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Beyonce's lip syncing "scandal" is just a cover up for all the ppl who didn't want Obama for a second term IMO.  A way to throw shade on his inauguration...they tried it, lol

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:40am

LOLLOLLOL

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:53am
 faux hair  faux pregnancy faux singing.......next

-------------

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:04pm
Not a Beyonce stan but they need to let that damn woman make it.. Why are some people focused on the fact that she lip synced? I agree that she should have sung it live but I'm not pressed nor upset that she didn't. I guess she had her reasons why she didn't. I heard on the radio that someone in the band did leak that she lip synced..

I understand that it should have been authentic. It was an inauguration. I was just more focused on the fact that we have a president of color in the White House for another term. This may not happen again in my lifetime.

Did it stop Obama from being inargurated again? I mean, did they make him pack his sh*t and get the hell out of the White House because of Bey lip syncing? I don't care but I understand why ppl may be up in arms about it though..

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

did you see the i wish obama would get assassinated today tweets from monday?

white folk was mad

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:11pm
glad I missed those.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:15pm

-------------

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:20pm
 well thats just lavly 'british accent'

-------------

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:48pm
white folks at my job are still mad. I love it. 

Posted By: bg
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:51pm
i think it would be a bigger deal if her vocal skills were questionable

this is simply an effort to take away from such an important day...but what else is new?

-------------
“Turn your face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.” ~Maori Proverb~

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:15pm
uh oh!
(was this posted?)

Well, now the band is back-tracking somewhat. Basically they’re saying THEY didn’t play live, but they just don’t know about Bey.

On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Marine Band told news outlets that Beyonce had lip synced at President Barack Obama’s inauguration.

Master Sgt. Kristin duBois said the band was notified at the last minute that Beyonce would use a pre-recorded voice track.

But by late afternoon, the Marine Corps backed off that statement.

Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Gregory Wolf said that because there was no opportunity for Beyonce to rehearse with the Marine Band, it was determined that a live performance by the band was ill advised. Instead they used a pre-recorded track for the band’s portion of the song.

“Regarding Ms. Knowles-Carter’s vocal performance,” Wolf’s statement continued, “no one in the Marine Band is in a position to assess whether it was live or pre-recorded.”

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: happy 4b
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:19pm
^^^^
I call it damage control.
She should just hire her daddy back. It's been one controversy after another since she fired him.

Posted By: Over_all
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:25pm
They going crazy on CNN website.. hilarious

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:

^^^^
She should just hire her daddy back. It's been one controversy after another since she fired him.
PAPA is in court fighiting his baby Mama over child support and which school the kid should attend . LOLLOLCry

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:33pm
I think beyonce tried it and thought she wouldn't get caught

However I personally don't really care

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

^^^^

PAPA is in court fighiting his baby Mama over child support and which school the kid should attend . LOLLOLCry

So messed up but he brought it all on himself.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:42pm
I wonder how she feels about all this.
I wonder if she regrets it

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:45pm
She should stop the presses and interrupt our regularly scheduled programs to show the world that she can in fact sing the national anthem live. Wacko This is nuts. 

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:49pm
i do agree she was on the world literally when poppa was in charge..make her get them heels badk on and run up that hill and belt out a tune

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:11pm

^^^^

SO do YOU really believe that the U.S. Marine Corps are doing this to cover up for Bey.. LOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL its not a controversy as long as ya'll talking about it, you keeping her relevant. right up to the super bowl. 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

^^^^

SO do YOU really believe that the U.S. Marine Corps are doing this to cover up for Bey.. LOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL its not a controversy as long as ya'll talking about it, you keeping her relevant. right up to the super bowl. 

No I think the marine corp is doing it to cover up for themselves. The media is tainting the day, why wouldn't they come out and say something? It is a controversy because even though they lip sync at the Superbowl no one has ever lip synced at the inauguration. Two very different events.
Bhm keeps every celebrity relevant. Same way you keep Kim K relevant when you go into her threads. Not understanding your point.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:35pm

^^^^

No I think the marine corp is doing it to cover up for themselves. The media is tainting the day, why wouldn't they come out and say something? It is a controversy because even though they lip sync at the Superbowl no one has ever lip synced at the inauguration. Two very different events.
Bhm keeps every celebrity relevant. Same way you keep Kim K relevant when you go into her threads. Not understanding your point.

that i agree with but I don't think that's the first time nor will it be the last.. as a matter of fact it was done at Obama's last inauguration in 2008...

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:38pm

^^^^

that i agree with but I don't think that's the first time nor will it be the last.. as a matter of fact it was done at Obama's last inauguration in 2008...

By whom?

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:49pm

^^^^

By whom?

He was a japanese musician i'll find it. 

-------------

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:51pm
Japanese musician Yo Yo Ma. 

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:56pm
Okay I just googled.
I guess Beyonce is getting flack because Kelly and James Taylor sang live also people are not happy that the band said she did not have time for rehearsals. And still it was the national anthem!
It's been a week people are still talking about Manti Te'o its what the media does!

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 3:06pm
Look at all this media coverage! Yay for Beyonce! Most talked about black woman alive. She's even outdoing Michelle right now lol. Biggest story from the inauguration is if Beyonce lip synced or not? Boss $hit lol.

Americans...

-------------
i lost all my baby weight: )

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 3:07pm
Ppl talked about Ashlee Simpson lip synching .
It's just something ppl talk about when it comes to singers,

If the other ppl performed then she should have to

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 3:11pm
instruments don't behave in frigid temps. Last inauguration I heard that the piano keys were not coming back up (sticking) during rehearsals so they used a silent piano with the keys decoupled and played a recording. Yo Yo Ma said that they were afraid instruments would crack and strings snap. 

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Serwa
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 3:16pm
Beyonce always finds herself in the midst of some mild scandal. I wish that she would really give everyone a reason to hate her, instead of these stupid things.

-------------
"The truth has a greater power than a hundred lies." -Howard Zinn

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Ppl talked about Ashlee Simpson lip synching .
It's just something ppl talk about when it comes to singers,

If the other ppl performed then she should have to

Ashley was not at the inauguration. There was nothing to overshadow what Ashley did. There was PLENTY to overshadow beyonce's alleged lip sync.

-------------
i lost all my baby weight: )

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 4:01pm
Yesterdays news, they need to let it go already

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 4:07pm

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

did you see the i wish obama would get assassinated today tweets from monday?

white folk was mad

Wishing him dead takes racism to a new low.  I don't read tweeter anyway--its mindless stuff.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:06pm

I love the simplicity. It's perfect.Heart

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 6:15pm
I give her the side-eye because of the extra dramatic way she ripped out the earpiece.
 I'll admit that I hopped on the Bey stan train for 24 hours, I was impressed that she was able to finish the song without her earpiece. When I heard it was all lip-synced, I hopped back off the train.

Now Jennifer Hudson, should have been taking notes from the Beyonce School of Lip-Syncing, because her rendition of Al Green' s "Let's Stay Together" was painful. Somebody should have just popped in an Al Green CD and had JHud mouth the words. 

-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:28am
we went crazy at the party when Jenn sang that song. I thought she did a good job (Al Green stan that I am lol)

I read that Al G had a scheduling conflict and couldn't make it. He said he would have loved to be there serenading them.

-------------

PEACE

Print Page | Close Window