Forum Name: Exercise
Forum Description: Discussions on Exercise
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353560
Printed Date: Oct 17 2018 at 1:34pm

Topic: Pole Dancing for weightloss
Posted By: Nijjah25
Subject: Pole Dancing for weightloss
Date Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 2:27pm
Hey yall, iI know I don't really be down here. This year is the Year of me will be be handling biz this year.

So I am highly considering getting a Xpole Xpert for my bedroom. Pole dancing is a phenomenal workout. It strengthens your upper and lower extremities and strengthens your core to oblivion.
I know this because I have taken pole classes before and it was so much fun.. I lost like inches off my thighs and waist. I loved it. Didn't continue because the classes at the S factor were $300 for each level.. I can buy my own pole for  $350Sleepy. As you know the saying "Practice makes Perfect". So of course you aren't going to be a cirque de soile star on the pole first or second tryLOL but you will get the hang of it and notice how much stronger you get.

Just wanted to share what my endeavors are for the rest of this year. Buying my pole in feb..

My reasoning for getting an Xpole..its because 1. its one of the best and sturdiest out there..please be careful and research your poles weight capacity ..I am a thicker lady and I am not trying to go flying around my house into the closet or somethingCry

here are some videos that show Pole dancing weight loss

-------------
BIG NOSE .... BIG LIPS....
BUDDA BUP BUP BUHHHHH IM LOVING IT

Replies:
Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:25am
Guhll, more power to you. I'd like to get my deposit back when I move from here, so no thanks.

I'll keep stomping on my neighbors' heads with my treadmill.LOL

-------------

Posted By: brieSFCA
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:23pm
Im definitely considering taking pole classes for fitness, fun and also to learn the skill for possible future employment opportunity as a side hustle..

..I've heard of the S Factor, but wasn't too sure from what I've read on Yelp (im an avid yelper, lol).  I'm thinking about taking classes at Studio Baton, which has steep prices similar to S Factor, but the classes are smaller (from what I've read on the website).  I probabaly make a move on it in feb also... 
...How were the classes at S Facator? Did you feel that you learned enough for what you payed for? That's my biggest fear, that I will pay hundreds of dollars for a class and dont learn much from it..

..Once you start, let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations, especially regarding the Xpole, because I will definitely need one for my bedroom also.. And I see all these cute lil poles that comes in several colors and even lights up, but I'm not sure of the ergonomics of all the poles that are out on the market..

Posted By: cicisweetie120
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:47pm
sh*t im scared i might break my neck but i would like to learn

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:17pm
Hey ladies..thanks for your responses..yea im saving my pennies up for my pole..I prefer the x pole because I like that it has a static and spinning feature also can carry my weight..those cute lil colorful poles won't support me nor are they encouraged for a lot of usage. The s factor was worth it to me because 1st of they gave me a payment plan. 2nd they work on your confidence and give you your sexy back and appreciate your womanism if thats a real word lol. They help you with stretches and strength training to even get on the thing...but that is level one...I feel if you are a beginning you should take a level 1 class. .after that...buy your own pole and get the you tubing lol. Saves you money. Have fun and happy spinning.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:20pm
Also to add to it..you need a lot of upper body strength if you want to perfom tricks and more complex spins if you already have it. Or if money is too tight. ....just skip the class and get your own pole..and practice practice practice. ..

-------------

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 12:31pm
I've definitely considered taking pole dancing classes. It looks like a fun workout, and I also want to learn to do tricks. Embarrassed

There's a studio in the area that offers students discounted rates (WHOOT! Party). The biggest challenge (for me) would be to 1) go to the place and 2) stick with it.

Posted By: madame pink
Date Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:41pm
I am going to be purchasing the Xpert Xpole in March. I have been watching loads of you tube videos everyday. The above videos are my inspiration. I watch everyday. Also try and check out some of the other beginner videos. There is even one girl who goes through all the stretching routines for pole dancing. Will try and post later. 

Posted By: JudiBlue252
Date Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 12:12am
If you live in NC (In the Raleigh/Durham or Charlotte area) they have pole dancing classes at a studio called Vertial Tease Boutique...visit their website http://www.verticaltease.com" rel="nofollow - www.verticaltease.com   they have lots of classes for different levels. they have other types of classes and they also do parties. check them out!!

I came across this site because i wanted to try pole dancing for weight loss and to learn some new tricksWink lol

-------------
"if you get kicked in the face then you deserved it, because that means you watched the foot come to your face."

Posted By: brieSFCA
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:35pm
@Niijah25, thanks for the feedback! And I'm very frugal so I will definitely be "you tubing" it..

Posted By: sunlightw
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:59pm
I personally love my class. It's helping me with my upper body strength which i severely lacked!

Posted By: MsKeke87
Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 7:20pm
It is an awesome workout. I take classes.. it really tones you up because it is all core work. so you definitely feel it the next day.

Posted By: kwicherbichen
Date Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 8:58am
Its amazing. I lost 10 pounds without even trying and my abs are ripped as hell. 

Posted By: Madeline90
Date Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 11:09am
I do love to train at home, I have installed a pole and watch workout videos from youtube -  http://www.youtube.com/user/PoleDanceChannel4U  

Posted By: RickyPaul
Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 1:08am
Dancing is good for weight lose and pole dance is also very useful. All these videos are superb so thanks for sharing. I suggest everyone to do pole dancing for weight lose.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 6:48pm
From my 2 classes, most of the advanced girls were still over we8ght, pole builds mucsle but you still have to do cardio eat right, i feel.

But love it so far

Posted By: yayatheprincess
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 11:51pm
i know this is late but does anyone know of any other good quality poles that are a little less expensive? i'm thinking about getting one in my house for a fun way to work out as well.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 2:10am
Try looking up building your own, my friend did it she said it was super cheap and easy, other than that go for quality

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Aug 06 2016 at 9:02pm
if you live in LA and want to do pole dancing, there's a place called Romance and Dance. it has 3 locations and is black owned!

http://romanceanddance.com/" rel="nofollow - http://romanceanddance.com/

Posted By: carrie
Date Posted: Sep 22 2016 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

if you live in LA and want to do pole dancing, there's a place called Romance and Dance. it has 3 locations and is black owned!

http://romanceanddance.com/" rel="nofollow - http://romanceanddance.com/

THAT'S WHERE I TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Print Page | Close Window