Print Page | Close Window

Any new products being used to fade dark spots?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Skin Care
Forum Name: Dark Spots
Forum Description: Discussion on Dark Spots
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353436
Printed Date: Apr 24 2018 at 12:20pm

Topic: Any new products being used to fade dark spots?
Posted By: prettieyez85
Subject: Any new products being used to fade dark spots?
Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:21pm
Hi, newbie here but long time lurker of the site looking for any new, current, or popular products being used on the market now to fade dark spots on the face

Any advice, suggestions, and/or recommendations will be greatly appreciated! TIA

Replies:
Posted By: naturesorganic
Date Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:54am
Natural skin care product to use your skin.

Posted By: PrettyEyez82
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:36pm
We have the same name lol! I just recently begin using a Skin Lightening Gel by Makeup Artists' Choice. Some ladies on LHCF recommended it. It doesn't contain hydroquonine, and I've heard only great results. You can get more info on there website.

HTH!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:36pm
Omg! Hi! Wow! Great minds think alike! Lol! I just placed an order with MUAC a cpl days ago! Lol, should be here tomorrow, hopefully. Which product did u order for skin lightener?

Posted By: kathytwa
Date Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:38pm
I am using Almond oil on dark circle eyes and oilive oil for my face and body. I read a lot of information on line. I have use many high paid product with no success for in store , on line products . I will use these oils for an month and then give a review.

Posted By: madame pink
Date Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:56pm
Maxi Peel is the truth! I used it last year. I was peeling like crazy and my skin was buttersoft. To speed up the peeling I made a bowl of the hottest water I could actually dip my face in with sea salt. Afterwards I would apply oil oil. If used correctly and a good sunscreen you will see great results. Doing another go soon. I used Maxi Peel 3.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:57pm
Oh my avi is a few days after I stopped peeling.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:09pm
Hi madame pink, where did u order ur products from?

Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:04pm
I ordered from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=maxi+peel&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amaxi+peel

This time will order on ebay from one of the below places

http://stores.ebay.com/Kikays-Personal-Care-Store

http://stores.ebay.com/Beautiful-Girl-Store

I ordered other items from beautiful girl store. They ship out of florida usually same day if you get your order in earlier enough. I usually get it in 3 days where I am at.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:37pm
Oh ok, cool...what skin type are you, if you don't mind me asking

Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:47pm
Combination skin. Oily mostly in my Tzone and dry in other ares. I struggle with hyper pigmentation. Maxi peel I have read is great for acne users, however I  do not suffer from that. I started using it for my dark spots. If you get it follow directions to the T and dont over do it. I applied  2x a day in an upward motion. Your skin will get leathery. Once you start peeling stop as you dont want to apply on new skin. Please be sure to use a good sunscreen!

Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:52pm
Since I had to speed up my peeling. Once my skin got leathery I used olive oil for a few days ..then used this about 3x

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/products/Retinol_30_Anti_aging_Sun_Damage_Adult_Acne_Minimize_Pores-340-0.html

Stopping when the peeling starting.

Then just continued on dipping my face in warm sea salt water and then applying olive oil. One spot I did over apply product and burned myself but it was not too bad. I just put honey on it to speed heeling.

Posted By: tabbikay
Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:06pm
Hi everyone! New to the forum and decided to chime in. 

I've struggled with dark spots/hyper-pigmentation/acne for at least a decade and I've been through TONS of over-the-counter and prescription medications. 

Everything I've used has worked at least for a short while, but I find that once I stop using the product my face starts to look exactly the way it did before, and when I try to go back to the product it's as if my skin has built up a tolerance and it doesn't work at all.

Recently I started washing my face with baking soda. I saw someone suggest it on a youtube video in the comment section, and let me tell you NOTHING has worked as quickly or effectively as baking soda has. And my skin doesn't "revert back" if I start to get lazy and don't use it as consistently.

You use 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water (you don't need a lot, use teaspoons), it makes like a paste and you wash your face with that. This recipe is even on the arm & hammer website as an exfoliator. Just massage it in for a few minutes and then rinse.

Initially I used it every day because I was so impressed with the results after day 1, my skin felt really soft and looked clearer. Now I try to use it a few times a week, but not everyday (this isn't  gentle exfoliating). 

It's really worth a try because baking soda is like a dollar for a box, cheaper if you're buying store brand (DO NOT BUY GREAT VALUE *walmart brand* feels less potent, Target brand is good though and it's like 50 cents).

I also moisturize with a very small amount of vitamin e oil while my face is still a little damp. HTH :)

Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:30pm
Gurl u got me highly interested in buying this stuff! I really wanna try it now!

Date Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:34pm
Hey hun! Welcome to BHM! I am newbie as well & trying to correct & clear up almost 15yrs worth of acne & dark spots on my face. How crazy is it dat i jus bought a new box of baking soda last nite! Lol but not for cleansing my face with but as an alternative for a neutralizer to use for LA chemical peels

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 9:03am
Just read up on first. Do a google search for forums where people have talked about their experience. Read read read. Oh I spot treated for a few days then did the entire face. Good luck in whatever you choose!

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 10:12am
Yea i just joined the skin care talk forum site last nite since i found a lot of useful     info up there. Now i am just trying to figure out a good regime to incorporate all the new stuff dat i had already ordered frm MUAC before finding out about Maxi Peel

Posted By: tabbikay
Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 11:54am
@prettieyez85, thanks for the welcome! 

Also, the peel madam is suggesting could be a really good option. My mom goes to her dermatologist to get a peel once a year and her skin has always looked amazing with natural radiance. I plan to head into an Aveda salon get one done myself. 

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 2:42pm
Hey hun! Yw! Thanks for posting! Yes, i think i will try that peel in addition to the LA peels that i have already startedstarted doing...im looking for dramatic results as i have suffered from acne & PIHPIH for so long, aint even funny...soon as i can get the right advice as to how to incorporate it into my current regime, i will try it out, take pics, observe data, & come to report my results. Wish me luck!

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 2:49pm
Madame pink, u used the maxi peel 2x a day? I read that a lot of ppl recommended to only use it once, & dat was at nitetime

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 4:27pm
I used 2x because I needed to go to an event. I just watched my skin very closely. However during that time I did not go outdoors too much. If I did go out it was with sunscreen and when the sun was not so blazing.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 6:58pm
Oh ok, gotcha...well i am sold on this & i wanna buy it...but before i do, may i ask what u washed ur face with, am & pm?

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:20pm
I used papaya soap. No scrubbing just a light lather then rinsed.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:23pm
Ok, yea I've been seeing alot of ppl using that or the kojie sans soap, but i wanted to see if it would be ok if i used green tea/pomegranate cleansing gel instead...oh yea, btw, that Retinol u mentioned before, what was that used for & what does it do?

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:47pm
Yes that would be a good cleanser to use. I used that retinol just to accelerate the peeling process. Some people of the other forum used actual retinol but i did not want anything so strong. Nor did I want to order anymore products. See I tried it and it work pretty good for me.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:51pm

Retinol works pretty good for dark spots but is very drying. And you have to build up to it. I figured the one from MUAC was not as strong as the RX strength.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:53pm
Rite, i feel u on that one...well i would like to give it a shot & incorporate some of the things u tried & used...the olive oil & sea salt u mentioned before, is that like the grocery store quality brand or do u have to use a specific type? Sry, im On a tight budget here so trying to save as much $$$ as possible lol

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:58pm
And i also forgot to mention that i do have acne, so hopefully it will help with that too as well

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 8:03pm

I got them for the grocery store. I like to save so I can spend elsewhere lol. I just used extra virgin olive oil. Do you have any other oils at home ? Or shea butter? Don't put the oil on if you have to go out doors.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 8:04pm
I am not sure if oil or shea butter would have a bad effect on acne. Try and googled around to see what acne users have used. I actually read up on it on acne site as well. Can't remember what will try and search in my bookmarks.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 8:07pm
Try this forum below it has reviews and usages. I used it just for hyperpigmentation so my usage my be diff from yours.

http://www.acne.org/maxi-peel-facial-reviews/355/page1.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.acne.org/maxi-peel-facial-reviews/355/page1.html

Date Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 8:09pm
Once my skin stopped peeling I used argan oil whenever I was not going outdoors. I prob could have used it during peeling however I was not wasting my good stuff lol

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 11:58am
Omg! Thank u sooooo much for that link! Alot of useful info & great reviews! I am soooo buying this today! When u had ordered from Amazon, did ur product come secure & properly sealed or did it leak? I've seen alot of negative reviews about improper & lackness of packaging. I've never ordered anything from Ebay before, are the sellers u mentioned reliable?

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 12:02pm
Oh ok, cool...yea i heard argan oil was good to use before & during the peeling stage...i also read that extra virgin olive oil was really good too...did ur skin itch at all? Cuz i have a very bad habit at picking at my face & i kno dat if i try this product that i will have to avoid touching my face at all cost to prevent irritability & more PIH from occurring during treatment

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 12:34pm
Yes mines came sealed no leaks. My face itched only slightly. just rubbed more oil on it if it did. I am a picker too. I just willed myself to not pick. The first ebay seller is where a lot of people on the skincare site order from. The other one I have ordered items from her and they are always fine.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 12:36pm
Please also dont forget to invest in a good quality sunscreen. Some sunscreens are better than others. Just research for what may work for you if you dont have a good one already.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 2:31pm
Hey gurl, i am so sorry for responding late to this post. I did not know you had posted this, i just so happen to go back through the thread and seen it...sorry! But ok, cool glad to shear i can get those items from the grocery store, lol but i dont have any other oils n my house besides cooking oils lol & i jus so happen to have sum EVO oil lol i had been thinking bout getting eitha sum argan oil or even i heard that tea tree oil is good too. Oh ok, so whateva oil i do choose to go with, i shouldnt put it on if i go outside? Ok kool got it. Thanx for that tip

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 2:35pm
Oh ok, yea i kno shea butter works wonder on my hands & lower body parts, but never tried it on my face. I have read that argon oil and tea tree oil works wonders for acne prone skin so i may jus try those out, esp since my skin is naturally oily too. Thanks so much for helping me out hun, u r like my very own fairy god mother lol

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 2:40pm
I really love argan oil for my skin..shoot my hair too lol. In all my product usage I never used tea tree. Whatever you decide make a regimen and stick to it. Your welcome Smile. Let me know how it works out. I will be doing another go prob next week. Oh get your water in! 

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 2:46pm
Oh ok, well dats good to hear...how long did it take for u to receive it after u     placed ur order? And the ebay seller u referring to is the kikay one? i feel like if i wasnt such a big obsessive compulsive picker on my face, it prolly would be so much more clearer than what it is lol

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 3:05pm
Not too long. I ordered on a Thursday I think and rec on Tuesday. When you go to pick just think about all the damage your about to inflict and how you have to spend so much time to correct it. That should hopefully turn you away from picking.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 3:07pm
Yea, ive been seeing alot off ppl recommending sunscreen with ZnO2, is dat wat u used? Cuz believe it or not i jus started using sunscreen on my face daily jus a cpl wks ago frm doin alot of reading & research on dat net about how to get rid of PIH. I have been to derms plenty of times in da past & can u believe dat not 1 eva told me to wear sunscreen to protect my skin? Gurl i felt     so horrible on the inside cuz I've been struggling with this issue & acne almost all my life, since i was 12yo and to find this important fact of info out at such a later phase in my life, it's no wonder why nothing had eva worked for me in da 1st place. Im jus glad now dat maybe i have finally found something dat may work, i jus need to make sure to use the right combo of products with it & be consistent, of course as dat has been a major downfall for me in da past     as well. So i might would need to shop for a new sunscreen huh? Cuz da 1 dat i jus got & started using is Aveeno ActiveNaturals Positively Radiant daily moisturizer SPF 30 UVA/UVB sunscreen total soy complex

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 3:18pm
Yea, I've heard & read nothin but good things bout dat stuff. I remember a cowrkr of mine recommending argan oil use for my hair cuz i had jus recently went natural at da time & she mentioned how good it was for our type of hair, esp natural hair so i kno it's good! Lol but yea im tryin to build a regime now but now im thinking if i should order the papaya soap with it too now i read some good reviews bout using it along wit da peel, & den dats wat u mentioned dat u washed ur face wit rite? But do u still use it while ur peeling as well? Oh yea, btw, wat did u mean by saying "get your water in!"

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 3:22pm
Oh ok, well dats not bad at all then. Oh once i start using dis stuff, forget bout trying to pick or pop bumps, aint even touching my face no more unless im applying stuff to it lol!

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 3:32pm
I love the Aveeno! That is my winter sunscreen and it works well for the makeup I use. I use that but mainly as a moisturize. I was using Devita Solar 50 however switched to Laroche-Posay since I can get it with my healthcare fsa card. I would get something higher than the Aveeno since you will be peeling. Just my opinion. Better safe than have more damage.

It does not matter that you are just founding out about sunscreen. You can start now. Not too late and no need to feel horrible.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 4:04pm
Lol! I had never personally experimented with it before, i do use their baby products on my son tho, & it does wonders for his sensitive skin. I actually love this moisturizer/sunscreen cuz it's light, nongreasey & it's noncomedogenic, luv dat part. But i do agree wit u, i should go higher than this product and in SPF as well BC of the peeling, so more research i go, i guess lol but yea rather spend more to protect my skin than to create more damage in the long run & end up spending even more to correct more caused dat could've been prevented in da 1st place. Glad to fully know about the whole ordeal about sunscreen now too cuz i prolly woulda been very sorry later on in my middle aged years lol thanks so much again for everything luv & i will mos def keep u up to date wit everything

Date Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:57am
Ok good luck! I will pop back in when it's time to do mine. 

Date Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:45pm
Ok hun, thanx again for everything! I will be back to report as well...good luck to u too! Lol!

Posted By: Loveverythinghair
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by madame pink madame pink wrote:

Maxi Peel is the truth! I used it last year. I was peeling like crazy and my skin was buttersoft. To speed up the peeling I made a bowl of the hottest water I could actually dip my face in with sea salt. Afterwards I would apply oil oil. If used correctly and a good sunscreen you will see great results. Doing another go soon. I used Maxi Peel 3.

SOLD!!! I read all pages and then I came back to see which strength you used!

It's worth a try! I'm ordering me some right now!
Praying it fades these dark spots on my jaw area! EGH

-------------
You are either Part Of the Problem,Or Part of the Solution.

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 4:32pm
I'm ordering me sum rite now too! I'm gonna start with formula #3 & see how my skin tolerates it. Which seller are u ordering urs from?

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by prettieyez85 prettieyez85 wrote:

I'm ordering me sum rite now too! I'm gonna start with formula #3 & see how my skin tolerates it. Which seller are u ordering urs from?

I started with #3 too,I ordered mine from Seller:  http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11400.m1842.l1181/7?euid=fc8701b51cc1425ca5a89bddd155985d&loc=http://myworld.ebay.com/filipina_girl2010?ssPageName%3DADME:L:OC:US:1181" rel="nofollow - filipina_girl2010  ( http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11400.m1842.l1183/7?euid=fc8701b51cc1425ca5a89bddd155985d&loc=http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback%26userid%3Dfilipina_girl2010%26ssPageName%3DADME:L:OC:US:1183" rel="nofollow - 3009 ) , I already placed my order can't wait!!!

Now do this comes in a pack or bottle?
I read where it said it could come with tape wrapped around it for leakage etc??

This store http://stores.ebay.com/beautifulgirlstore" rel="nofollow - http://stores.ebay.com/beautifulgirlstore

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 5:35pm
Oh ok, kool! Im in process rite now at the moment...im getting mine from kikay & im a lil confused on the shipping selection, maybe madame pink can help me out here? Anyways from my understanding the solution comes in a bottle that is pkgd in a box...how much did ur order end up coming to & what all did u get? Im excited as well! Cant wait! Soon as i can get past dis shipping selection part! Lol!

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 5:59pm

Oh ok, kool! Im in process rite now at the moment...im getting mine from kikay & im a lil confused on the shipping selection, maybe madame pink can help me out here? Anyways from my understanding the solution comes in a bottle that is pkgd in a box...how much did ur order end up coming to & what all did u get? Im excited as well! Cant wait! Soon as i can get past dis shipping selection part! Lol!

I ordered because my shipping was free! My total was only $7.99!

I also wanted to try that soap in the other thread that the ladies was talking about.
I want my spots gone on my face. I don't have any other problems with pimples or bumps unless I get a hair bump,however my problem is hormonal a bit...but I already have meds to treat that now I just need something to help fade or even blend spots or something.

Papya soap or Koijic acid soap. Also the mac concealer I used a while back helped,but... I used it as a whole foundation and it worked,but for that little tube??? I be needing to buy two at a time,I can't right now.

I just pray this fade these dark spots! Spring and Summer is just weeks away,lol

ETA: but now I see the shop you are ordering from got lots of stuff!! Also they got the soap I want too! I may have to place another small order,lol Jesus,anyone know if I can use this in conjunctin with the peel and Madame,THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR  YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 6:52pm
Yea i think imma go wit the person u ordered from & i'll jus have to get the exfoliant soap from somewhea else. Yea i heard dat da Maxi Peel exfoliant soap wit Papaya enzymes was a super recommendation to combine wit the exfoliant solution. Yea dats my main concern too is jus mainly get rid of dark spots on my face. My acne has actually started to calm down a bit since starting the lactic acid peel treatments beginning last month. But i am starting to wonder if my acne breakouts are due to jormonal imbalance. As far as the kojic soap, i read a cpl reviews dat stated the users of that product had to discontinue once peeling of the skin began bc of the harshness of the chemicals & ingredients in the soap were too acidic & too strong for the fresh new skin underneath the dead old skin to handle. I seen the same thing with the Likas brand of their papaya soap, dats why i was leaning more twds the Maxi Peel brand cuz theirs is more milder. I cant do makeup cuz idek how to put it on lol! I kno! Such a shame rite! Lol! But i do kno i wanna go ahead & tackle dis prob now, & hopefully for good, while i still got time cuz like u said, da warm weather will be here before we kno it!

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:08pm
I read that info too!
But ....the shop you was going to shop from,look like they don't have free shipping!
She got some good stuff though in her shop!

I be done bought everything with the word lightening on it! So confused.. but I will be trying that soap but I don't need a knock off!

I was looking and reading reviews and I want it to work!

But if you look at it,not sure which will be better cream or 1 bar of soap,so that's my only biggest confusion besides get very big bumps that someone say that got.
But I got to try that soap too! Got too!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 8:43pm
Lol! Hey, ru referring to the skin care talk website/forum? Cuz dats whea i was gettin all my info frm...but yea, kikay doesnt offer free shipping but does offer more of a variety of products tho, so yea she does have sum good stuff including dat same soap u mentioned so i think i will be purchasing frm the vendor i ordered frm & find the soap sumwhea else unless u find it 1st b4 me & i will let u kno wat i come up with...yea i feel u on dat, i dnt want no knock off stuff eitha lol i desperately hope that the maxi peel will     work for me i think i would rather go for the soap cuz i have oily skin & really dnt wanna overdo it wit applying too many things like creams on my skin, what skin type ru? But yea i gotta have, gotta get dat soap too! Lol!

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 8:59pm
My skin is definitely dry everything except my forehead. My forehead is oily, so I would say Combination skin!

But that is only from the products that I use. I never had a big problem with spots being on my forehead, I also wear bangs too and I wear my hair down a lot. Both sides of my hair contour with my jaw line area.

I started using Cocoa Butter last year (lotion) for moisture.

But the products mostly gave me dry skin on my cheeks/jaw area and under my neck.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:05pm
Oh ok, well dats not bad, wish i had ur skin type, i hate having oily skin lol well i wanted to let u kno dat i found the soap on Amazon from a seller, if u wanna check it out, lemme kno wat u think!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009P4U0PW/ref=mw_dp_sim_ss4?pi=SX125

And dis is da soap u was also referring too, rite? Lol, sry i shoulda had asked dat way b4 now lol

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:46pm
I was talking about the soap talked about under this caterogy (Dark Spots) but just in another thread
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/papaya-soap-to-lighten-skin_topic172280.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/papaya-soap-to-lighten-skin_topic172280.html

However thank you for finding that soap! It look likes it's the same exact brand as the peel I ordered !

I will look up some info on that and see if I should buy it!

It's only $4.99 can't beat that,it all comes down to if it works!

Thanks for sharing!
BTW just saw shipping is $4.99 too....LOL I will have to wait but I might give it a try when I can.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:01pm
Oh ok, yea it's pretty much the same thing, it's jus Maxi Peel's brand of their Papaya soap. Yea, i think im gonna give it a shot & order it, & get my solution #3 frm ur vendor lol yea & it's da same price as kikay's site, jus cheaper shipping on Amazon, i like $4.99 compared to $6.95, so imma get it & let u kno how it goes...and yw hun, anytime i can be of help! Thank u as well! U helped me out too!

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 10:55am
Not a problem,I will defintely be doing a before and after! Because if any of the stuff work! Imma have to stock up on it.

Thank you too!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:47pm
Gurl, how bout i went ahead & bought both products from the kikay site & paid the $6.95 s&h fee, lol everything was still well under $20 so i dint mind, jus cant wait til it gets here! Lol! I will be doing a before & after as well, & if it also wrx for me, i will be making a bigger order nxt time i place one...good luck to both of us! Let me kno wen u get urs, btw, how long did it say it would take for urs to ship out? I think mine said like 3-5 biz days

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:19pm
Wonderful!!! Glad you got both!
My order shipped already,I should get it around Feb 6.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:40pm
Hope everything goes well for you guys! Just remember if you follow directions and apply correctly you will see results. Sunscreen..sunscreen and more sunscreen. You do not want more damage or for all your efforts to be in vain. Carry if with you if you are able to reapply during the day. Pick a regimen and follow closely. 

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:47pm
Thank you,what brand suncreen would you recommend?

Also I guess I need to look for some myself too,I never ever wear suncreen,unless it was incorporated in the product I used!
That's probably why my spots got darker even if they got lighter.

It's so hard to be consistent with this stuff.

My insurance also covers Dermatology ,if this don't work,Imma need them to RX me somthing.

Should I still use my cleaners gel or cream cleanser,could I still use it?

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 10:24pm
Well dang! Lol! Aint heard nuthin yet! Man, im mad now! Lol!

Date Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 10:30pm
Yes, me too! Thank u sooooo much for all the help, advice, & insight! Yea i will def'ly pay special attn to application procedures & i read somewhere that after u wash ur face, u should wait like 30min-1hr (or more) before u apply the solution, is this true? I am getting another brand of sunscreen to take with me whenever i got to wrk or run errands, etc jus to have on hand & my current sunscreen i have will keep at home to wear indoors...think i may need to get another moisturizer as well, for pm care

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Loveverythinghair Loveverythinghair wrote:

Thank you,what brand suncreen would you recommend?

Also I guess I need to look for some myself too,I never ever wear suncreen,unless it was incorporated in the product I used!
That's probably why my spots got darker even if they got lighter.

It's so hard to be consistent with this stuff.

My insurance also covers Dermatology ,if this don't work,Imma need them to RX me somthing.

Should I still use my cleaners gel or cream cleanser,could I still use it?

Check a few pages back I recommended two previously. If you have a flexible spending account mastercard you can get one of them with that from drugstore.com. What kind of cleansers do you have. I would say nothing really harsh the days you are applying. Or even when your peeling. Afterwards if you feel what you already have is sufficient continue with it. Papaya soap is good but drying..for me at least. I just follow with a good moisturizer.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:47pm
I use St.Ives Scrub and I use Garnier gel cleanser the green kind.
I also found some more soaps too.

Wondering have you heard of any of these besides the Papaya Soap.

Given below are names of some of the top selling bleaching soaps that you can buy.  I want to try something else too so bad,but not sure which will work best!
  • Likas Papaya Skin Whitening Soap
  • Amira Magic Soap
  • Daggett Ramsdell Lightening Soap
  • Madina Skin Lightening Soap
  • Lux White Impress Skin Whitening Bar Soap
  • Clear Essence Maxi-Tone Skin Lightening Soap
  • Asanthee Thai Papaya and Rice Milk Skin Whitening Soap

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/skin-bleaching-soap.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.buzzle.com/articles/skin-bleaching-soap.html

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:51pm
The scrub should only be use well after the maxipeel. Like something once a week for maintenance. I have the Garnier only because it was free..and it is still sitting there because I am not a fan of it. I am only familiar with the Likas,,it is a part of my regimen.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:58pm
I am prepping my skin so that my maxipeel has great results. Just waiting to use in around a time where I know I want be out so much.

I used to wash

http://www.amazon.com/RoC-Daily-Resurfacing-Disks-Inch/dp/B005I2MP62/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1359953596&sr=8-4&keywords=roc

Then I applied this mixed with the juice from a lemon. After washing off I also used an exfoliating glove with the Likas on my face. Only areas that may have dark spots. Chin/cheek area.

http://www.amazon.com/100%25-Pure-Facial-Pineapple-Enzyme/dp/B000YBV4GY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1359953651&sr=8-9&keywords=100+pure

Now I am sitting here about to rinse this mask shortly

http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Indian-Healing-Cleansing/dp/B0014P8L9W/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1359953724&sr=1-2&keywords=bentonite+clay+powder

Afterwards I will apply some almond oil and call it a night.

Prob do the maxipeel towards the weekend.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 11:10pm
Loving that Pineapple Enzyme Facial Peel...... I'm an affiliate for 100% Pure,I promote them on my beauty blog!

And yes the garnier works so well for me. It does not break me out and it helps keep pimples away although I don't get pimples like that,My concern is the dark spots!

I mostly used Garnier than any other product to clean my face and used the eye roller for under my eyes.
However I have been using St.Ives lately,but those are the cleansing products that I use.

Thank you for sharing all this info,praying I can get me a good clean facial regimen going!

So much to choose from,I try doing a research on everything first. Now I just keep finding stuff!
Like the Maxi Peel Whitening Soap..so many mixed emotions about it though.

I have read reviews saying that these soaps mostly exfoilate than whitening since they were made with Asians in mind,so I could see how it whitening their skin.

J-e-s-u-s!

I appreciate all of your help though!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 11:13pm
NP. Summertime is a coming! We all have to look extra good Smile

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:25pm
So So pissed! I just gotta Vent!
Okay originally I thought my expected arrival time was Feb 5th so I did not check or track my shipment,I just waited!

So I was just sitting here getting more anxious about my maxi peel so I go to track it & What do you know..it was delivered yesterday!

Well I visited my parents house earlier,which is where all my mail mainly go and if I order something I have it go there since they are only minutes away from me and I know my dad will always be at home because he's been retired for a while now!

long Story Short!
Me: Dad do I have some mail here, I'm waiting on a package to arrive!
Daddy: Naw baby you don't have any mail here today!

Leaves dad house...goes back to work.track package and that's when I found out originally it was delivered yesterday!

Gets stressed immediately
Now I have to wait to see if my mom got my mail or if the mail lady marked it as delievered and it's misplaced!

No Wrong done on the behalf of the shipper,it's the Post office fault if my ish ain't here and I already gave them a brief call.

SM damn H. Now just got to wait and see!
I want that peel so bad!
I been googling image reviews about it and the results are amazing!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:29pm
Gurl, idek when mine gonna get here...aint even gotta confirmation yet dat it's even been shipped out yet or not

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:38pm
Lol good thing I'm not in your shoes,wooo flip out moment!!!!!

But let me back up!!!! Called up my brother and asked him to check for mail one last time!

At last....he had it! So relieved,thank God! I can't wait to try this stuff tonight!

Since I'm out of cleanser last night I used a tea bag with lemon  on my face.

But tonight It's Maxi-peel!!!

Also I will not be ordering from the one you ordered from. Look like shipping takes him/her way to long.
And no shipping confirmation???....they are now printed on the receipt when something is mailed,you automatically get to track it. Sounds like she have not shipped it yet or just ain't had the time to send you the tracking on it.

However I have ran upon so many other places the soap can be bought and have it saved in my favorites!

I must get this soap to go alone with the Maxi-peel.

I'm not wasting anytime once that Maxi-peel hits my hands,lol

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:43pm
I finally jus went on kikay site & signed in to myacct to find out what all was goin on...dey jus shipped my stuff out sumtime today so aint no tellin how long it's gon take to receive it cuz im on da east coast & they're on the west coast, ugh! Yea, idk if i wanna order from them again, myself lol

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:18pm
Finally got my maxi peel in my hands at last...........

I did not know it came in different sizes! I would have bought the bigger bottle instead of the small bottle.

I saw someone elses result of the peeling and that literally scared me,her hold forhead was peeled!

MadamePink can I put this stuff on my spots only? Or do I have to apply it to my entire face.

I work everyday and ain't no way I can go out looking ..two -toned.

Whew wish I knew about this stuff about two years ago when I could afford to stay in.

And why isn't it full,my box from the looks of it had not been opened but could have easily been sealed back down and the green/teal looking bottle has plastic around it. I know I read where the seller said in some cases they do open the bottle and apply tape so none leak during shipment,etc but they state none has been used out.......... I'm starting to think otherwise but unsure??

I'm figuring this is just  the original amount they put in the bottle,hopefully!

Please answer so I can start it right away,lol I want to apply it right now.
Spots only or entire face?

or what about spot only to test?

Thank you in advance to for all of your help!!! I really appreciate it.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:10pm
I hope i ordered the rite size

Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:56pm

I hope i ordered the rite size
Chances are if it was more than $8 or $9 you ordered the bigger bottle.

I noticed it after seeing another listing for the same thing and it was more $10.99 then I noticed the different was the size!

If it work I will have to stock up on a bigger bottle!
I'm preparing my face now to apply mine!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 5:09pm
Oh wow, ok...thanx for pointing that out...yea i think the one i got was only $5.99 so yea, pretty much i got da smaller one too! Lol! Oh well...so how did the application of it go for u last nite?

Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 7:12pm
I just rinsed my face in cold water. Let it dried then applied the Maxi-peel using cotton swabs.I put it on my spots only.Mainly on both of my jaw lines,jaws and under my chin and on my neck!

I felt it itch just a little but the stuff don't seem to be strong at all from the smell of it.

I work up this morning,just rinsed with cold water again and applied some more to the same areas.
Since I was headed out to work I put pure lemon oil on top of it!

The lemon oil I have is for anti-aging and it's for the skin,I already had it stored,never used it.

I'm first trying and need to get the hang of this.

I have not started peeling yet but I have read where people do other stuff such as using a cleanser before hand,etc I can't do all of that because I'm afraid of my skin on my face being burned.

Also I don't think I should have to do all of that to peel,it's a peel I hope it peels!

I also found another peel which was recommended by a Dermatologist (Skin Obession)
http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-removes-lines-damage-signs/dp/B0018QO5CO" rel="nofollow - http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-removes-lines-damage-signs/dp/B0018QO5CO

As of now I hope the Maxi-peel work,lightened or do what it's suppose to do.

I want a bigger bottle which I need to go ahead and buy if it starts to work otherwise I will try another peel and just get some maxi peel soap, and work with that.

I just applied it again! I have to get me some Sunscreen soon too but for now my lemon oil will work.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:44am
Hey Loveverythinghair, jus stopping by to see how things are going for u so far

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:30am

Hey Loveverythinghair, jus stopping by to see how things are going for u so far

Hello there,I was just coming to give an update. I started peeling over night.

When I woke up I was peeling. However I'm peeling in spots here and there.
My dark spots have not started peeling yet,but my skin is peeling around them or anywhere else I put the Maxi-peel solution.

However I can't freak yet because at least I'm peeling,now I just hope it actually start to peel the spots that I put it on first which was the dark spots. ( I have to see how much more of the stuff it takes for the actual dark spots as I can't see that yet)

So I guess I can continue to see how it goes. The Store that I purchased it from Filipina girl, she told me to apply the maxi peel solution for 5 days and then stop.

I applied mine every morning before I left home and at night once I made it home.

Since I started peeling over night (last night),I skipped this morning and put the anti-aging pure lemon oil on my face!  Just something I had stored for years already.I'm dark skinned so once I put the oil over the peeling.. the eye can see is very little.

However I have not broke out and neither have I gotten a pimple from this stuff.

So... so far I like it.

I asked the seller if she had the original soap either the Maxi Peel soap or the Papaya soap and she said she do have it,so she has me another order where I can get the soap and a bigger bottle of Maxi-peel. I advised her once I get finish with this bottle to see the actual final results.

I also asked her about authenicity and she said that she buys it from a market (the actual source which she goes to visit) so she assured me that it is authenic.

Now I just wish I could have purchased everything a bigger bottle,soap and some lightneing lotion lol at once on my first order.

Also forgive me for hijacking your thread..I been dealing with dark spots every since I became of age and never considered peels,except the ones from walmart,but had not clue of stuff like this.
So happy for this thread though.

Actually I would have never been looking for whitening stuff for my face that AA could actually use and it work.

What about you? How's everything coming along for you,have your items arrived?

ETA: I been peeling a little bit more while at work.  Make sure you take some type of moisturizer,cocoa butter lotion,SPF,take something with you because my oil did not last long at all.
A few hours after I wrote this I could clearly see the peeling on my face and it was very dry.
The climate here is very dry where I'm at and it's very cold as well. So tomorrow I know to bring these things with me and so on.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:38pm
Hey hun, glad to hear everything is goin great for u! Congratz! Im still waiting for     mine to come. I might jus use ur seller next time lol so have u experienced any uncomfortable side effects yet since u started peeling? Gurl u r def'ly not hijacking this thread lol u r actually helping this thread with ur useful info and exciting experience with factual research & results i am so glad u found this thread and joined me on this skin transformation journey! Lol

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:47pm
Absolutely no bad side effect.
The only thing, is my face gets dry throughout the day,but that's because of the weather,it's dry no moisture in the air,so I apply oil a lot.

But I don't have any bumps (as in broke out) None-No redness-no nothing.

Peeling only.

However I'm peeling but I do think I'm going to have to get that soap ASAP,maybe the week after next to help fade the spots or make them as light as possible.

However I am peeling. No hype. It do work.

Also I have started to peel even more and in more spots since my last post.
I took a few pics,lol but I won't post them,but I took pics so I can see the difference in about two weeks.

I'm very happy with it so far,I just want to make sure it fades my dark spots,that's why I said I might get the soap to help once my skn fully peels and heals. Then I can apply the soap and try finishing it off.

Don't think I can use both at the same time,not sure about that. Need to look that up!

ETA: The bottle is small but it is enough to last! It goes a long way!
I also ordered from the second person Madame pink recommended!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:54pm
Oh ok, well thats good! Yea i heard that stuff does have a huge drying effect but thats part of the process tho, to initiate the peeling stage...yea i think the soap aids in the exfoliation part to help peel the skin faster, but i also heard you have to stop using it once peeling starts bc its so harsh to the new skin that it might burn man, i cant wait til my stuff gets here, what state ru in?

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:06pm
I'm in MS..  The weather has been changing so much.

Cool one day,freezing the next,Tornado watches in the past week,then cold fronts.

The weather is rough on the skin in general! Finally understanding that.

I can't wait until you get yours too! LOL

After a few days of putting it on,your skin will feel a little rough (noted as a leather feeling). Also I got a few,very hard to see white bumps,which was noted on another website by someone else.

I experienced the same and she said shortly after that she started peeling and I did too!

The small little bumps went away on their own,didn't last but a few days and looked like little small heat bumps.  You can hardly tell they was there so I knew I would eventually peel!

So far I'm loving this stuff!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:29pm
Oh ok, im in NC sounds like this stuff is a miracle potion! Lol! Ikr, i cant wait! Hopefully it will get here 1st thing nxt wk...so u put urs on 2x a day? What skin type ru?

Yea, the weather has been pretty ruff here too, esp temp wise

I hope i have amazing results like urs, i am like so ready to try this stuff! Very impatiently waiting!!!!!! Lol!

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 11:12am
As an African American I consider my self dark-skinned. Most say I'm not that dark but more of a brown skin tone,lol

I don't think it's a huge difference though!

I'm peeling and I see my skin lighter under but my darks spots isn't seeming to get any lighter...they may but for now I can't tell.

And like everyone noted the skin underneath is very sensitive,even my cocoa butter burned it.
So be careful.

-------------

Posted By: velle1203
Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 12:53pm
maxipeel worked for me...plus retin a 0.1% and hydroquinone 4% i stopped and used freankin jessner peel and lactic acid and it seem to make my skin worse...i ordered retin a from an online pharmacy as well as hydroquinone 4...i get maxipeel froma  local phillipine market and kojic acid soap works well too.i did a lactic acid peel yesterday and am spot treating with nadinola until my other orders come.ill do another peel in 5-6 days than im going back on my retin and hydro regime

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 5:13pm
My pkg came! Omg! I was so shocked to find a cute lil baby box in my mailbox! Lol! Will begin using it tonite! Im actually jus getting home frm wrk bout to head back out & do sum jogging with a friend and hang out for a bit before coming back home. But soon as i get in & settled i will begin my new skin care origin regimen! Cant wait! So excited!

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 5:16pm
LOL LOL! I guess it comes when you least expect it!
Glad you finally got your package!

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 5:18pm
hi there! Im interested in wanting to buy retin a but i cant afford to go see a derm & i dnt have a reg doc so i been reading that ppl been ordering theirs off     the internet w/o a Rx, is that how u get urs? How long have u been using maxi peel?

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 5:20pm
Ikr! Thats exactly what happened! Lol! Totally unexpected!

Date Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 5:30pm
Most I have seen,I know you are asking her this question... but the majority are getting it from alldaychemist.com!

I'm just skpetical because I heard they take checks only as of now..

I guess they are a Indian Based Company.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:56am
Oh wow, really? Oh no cant deal wit dem den, i dnt use checks lol but thanx for the info tho!

Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:20pm
i used all day chemist numerous time its called an echeck ...but i didnt use alll day chemist this time because i ordered hcg and latisse but yea ill inbox you the name of the other pharmacy i used they take debit and credit...maxipeel i used for a month or so but its made me really light so i will only spot treat sue it once before starting the retin a and the hydroquinone

Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by velle1203 velle1203 wrote:

i used all day chemist numerous time its called an echeck ...but i didnt use alll day chemist this time because i ordered hcg and latisse but yea ill inbox you the name of the other pharmacy i used they take debit and credit...maxipeel i used for a month or so but its made me really light so i will only spot treat sue it once before starting the retin a and the hydroquinone<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Oh ok, yea I've read thats where alotta ppl go to order it...oh ok, well ty so much for that! Cant wait to find out what the other web site is, cuz i am very anxious to order & try the retin a out. Wow maxi peel made u light? What was ur skin complexion before?

Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:50pm
I should say  lighter which was NOT THE GOAL..and it sucks because it makes your dark spot more prominent when something lightens everything as whole...im going to focus on spot treating this time around

Print Page | Close Window