Print Page | Close Window

Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353219
Printed Date: Nov 21 2018 at 12:05pm

Topic: Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching
Posted By: Midna
Subject: Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:24pm
What say you, BHM? Justified or unnecessary? The girl went about it like a guest on Maury but her words definitely came from the right place and her passion to learn is quite refreshing in an educational system of kids who simply do not care.

"Man you betta teach sum'n!" killed me! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:29pm
TELL HIM.  Clap

-------------

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:29pm
Strong Sista. She should definitely go to Law School...

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:30pm
Good for her. I know a lot of teachers who don't teach. It's a damn shame. 

-------------
yo

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:35pm
Man, I need to send her to give this speech to my 10th grade Spanish teacher.

I'm not mad at her tho. A lot of students are content having a teacher who doesn't educate them and then wonder why they fall behind when they really need the knowledge.

Probably why I suck at math to this day.

Preach

I had one teacher so bad in my freshman year of high school, our lessons consisted of us doing what the hell ever and him cussing like a sailor to seem cool to us. SMH.

That was supposed to be an English class but I called it Homeroom part. 2 because it was right after Homeroom and nothing got done in that class. I finally had enough because I knew accepting that lack of education would only bite me in the ass when I moved onto the next grade so I had my counselor move me to another English class and it was actually an advanced placement class which I excelled in.

All worked out!

-------------

Posted By: SweetNovember*
All that cuz he told her she was distracting class? If her mom sees this and don't tear dat ass up then I know sum wrong. Some people this desperate for attention?

-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:36pm
Damn her classmates are buffoonsOuch

-------------
#CHOGH

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:36pm
No, seriously, is she having a manic episode or something? Y'all think this is okay?

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:38pm
I will never be mad at a student who wants to learn. I will never be mad at a student who refuses to accept incompetence from the person she calls teacher. She may have gone about it in the worst way, but that there was righteous fury at its purest.

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:39pm
tbh, i've wanted to say the same thing in quite a few classes.  like seriously.  i'm glad she said that.  teach somethin.

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Preach

I had one teacher so bad in my freshman year of high school, our lessons consisted of us doing what the hell ever and him cussing like a sailor to seem cool to us. SMH.

That was supposed to be an English class but I called it Homeroom part. 2 because it was right after Homeroom and nothing got done in that class. I finally had enough because I knew accepting that lack of education would only bite me in the ass when I moved onto the next grade so I had my counselor move me to another English class and it was actually an advanced placement class which I excelled in.

All worked out!

I took algebra in 7th grade, and my teacher told me if I would just stop coming in late and getting slick with him, he would give me a B in the class.

My 8th grade geometry teacher (RIP) was in charge of fundraising and would tell us if we brought x amount to doughtnuts, candy, and other crap, she wouldn't make us do any work.

I thought I was getting over big time til I had to take algebra II over the summer after 9th grade cuz I never knew the basics .

I gotta applaud her for not letting herself be set up for failure.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:43pm
you were on strike to get money to teach..now you here and you dont want to?

she made good points. yes i approve...and agree..he betta teach sumin. i had teachers like that.
yup im siding with the girl.

-------------

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:45pm
The National Rifle Association wants all teachers (school staff) to carry guns......

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:45pm

I will never be mad at a student who wants to learn. I will never be mad at a student who refuses to accept incompetence from the person she calls teacher. She may have gone about it in the worst way, but that there was righteous fury at its purest.

Just because that's what she screamed over the course of the video doesn't mean that's what was going on. I heard her say he told her she was distracting class and her response was well you aren't teaching anyway. The man couldn't even say anything because she was up there hopping around getting sweaty just so she could make the other kids laugh. We only got one side of the story (or less than half). I do not trust a child that is bold enough to behave like that in front of her teacher and a whole class full of children. She has issues. Confused That was not cute in any way shape or form.

What's going on here man...Post a video of a girl flipping out and rambling in class being disrespectful as hell and we believe what she says even though the only video we have shows her to clearly be in the wrong? If she had a lick of sense she would not be up there acting like that. This is why teachers don't want to teach in black schools. Somebody need to get these kids under control. Man this is crazy man...I'm out.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:49pm
Someone on worldstar said, "Man I counted like 3 Chief Keef's in that *&%^$#@Ein classroom"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

The National Rifle Association wants all teachers (school staff) to carry guns......

they were talking about doing this in Georgia.  some congressman is pushing for it...they want them to be trained like safety officers.  this is a terrible idea.  

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:53pm

Alladis!Smile

Wish I would punish my child for getting mad that her teacher wasn't teaching her the right sh*t.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Just because that's what she screamed over the course of the video doesn't mean that's what was going on. I heard her say he told her she was distracting class and her response was well you aren't teaching anyway. The man couldn't even say anything because she was up there hopping around getting sweaty just so she could make the other kids laugh. We only got one side of the story (or less than half). I do not trust a child that is bold enough to behave like that in front of her teacher and a whole class full of children. She has issues. Confused That was not cute in any way shape or form.

What's going on here man...Post a video of a girl flipping out and rambling in class being disrespectful as hell and we believe what she says even though the only video we have shows her to clearly be in the wrong? If she had a lick of sense she would not be up there acting like that. This is why teachers don't want to teach in black schools. Somebody need to get these kids under control. Man this is crazy man...I'm out.

She got issues because she's sick and tired of sitting in a classroom and learning nothing? Ummm ok?

-------------
yo

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:55pm
Even though she could've went at it better who's to say she didn't want to learn? And even if she was just doing it for attention she had valid points. Why go on strike for more money so you can teach yet you don't teach because you are on strike? What sense does that make? Don't punish your students by not teaching. 

Thats whats wrong with kids these days as it is anyway, they aren't being taught what they should be because either teachers are too lazy and just don't teach or if they do teach they are being taught watered down ass stuff. I have only been out of school since 2009 and even then seems like all the teachers worried about teaching us was stuff we need to know for our state exams, even during years when we weren't required to take state exams. Ish that can't even be applied to stuff I have to learn in college.

Posted By: Ashxoxo
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:56pm
I'm proud of her for wanting a good education....

but man, I know teaching that class has to be hard as hell. LOL

-------------
Never a flaw.
Never before have you seen such magnificence in a Black princess.

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:58pm

Somebody need to get these kids under control. Man this is crazy man...I'm out.
if the teacher was up doing his job, kids would be under control. lolLOL but yeah im still on her side. he's just sitting behind his desk not even trying. (hey i can only go by the vid)...but kinda stuff happened when i was in school too...it is frustrating.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

She got issues because she's sick and tired of sitting in a classroom and learning nothing? Ummm ok?

So if I flip out and scream a whole bunch of stuff (nothing concrete) because I'm mad someone told me I was distracting the class, and you have a video of me acting a fool in the classroom when I'm supposed to be sitting quietly, you'll believe whatever I say? Is that how that works?

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:59pm
she's the only one in that class that wants to learn.......who want's something out of life.  She was the only one who was mad.  Everybody else was just gettin' jones off her gettin' mad.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:00am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

they were talking about doing this in Georgia.  some congressman is pushing for it...they want them to be trained like safety officers.  this is a terrible idea.  

And THIS is why I will NOT teach in the United States.  Once I go back (if I go back) I won't set foot in an American school.  "Rambo" should NOT be on the list of teacher qualifications...and teachers are paid far too little to be messin' with that BS.

As for the video, if she really was getting mad at the teacher for not teaching, all the more power to her.  If I weren't teaching my kids, I think it would be within their right to say something...but if it's gotten to that point, then I probably need to quit my job.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:02am
she did say concrete things...she mentioned the fact that the teachers went on strike b/c their needs weren't being met but now he's not meeting her needs as a student.  it's a common classroom thing for teachers to let the class run amok and then they want to put the blame on a single student for distracting the class.  you are the captain of that ship as the teacher.  students will do what you allow.  when a teacher is not teaching, this is what happens to their classroom.  a student will never have reason to say that in my classroom.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

if the teacher was up doing his job, kids would be under control. lolLOL

Do you honestly believe this? I mean what schools did y'all go to? What kind of kids do you think go to that school? Do you think any teacher has it in his power to turn a bunch of "Chief Keefs" into Calton Banks' and Steve Urkels? Like I said someone needs to get these kids under control or else they're going to keep failing and lagging behind everyone else academically.

He should have had the kids under control. LMAO. If it were that simple then this world would be a much different place.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:04am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

And THIS is why I will NOT teach in the United States.  Once I go back (if I go back) I won't set foot in an American school.  "Rambo" should NOT be on the list of teacher qualifications...and teachers are paid far too little to be messin' with that BS.

As for the video, if she really was getting mad at the teacher for not teaching, all the more power to her.  If I weren't teaching my kids, I think it would be within their right to say something...but if it's gotten to that point, then I probably need to quit my job.

IA. I also don't like the idea because I have a feeling if they allow teachers to carry guns there will be that one teacher who takes things too far because a student pissed them off

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:06am
My city thats at South shore Highschool and i cant blame her they just got a brand new building last year kicked most of the students out and brought in kids from different neighborhoods and the staff doesnt wanna do there jobs 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:06am

Do you honestly believe this? I mean what schools did y'all go to? What kind of kids do you think go to that school? Do you think any teacher has it in his power to turn a bunch of "Chief Keefs" into Calton Banks' and Steve Urkels? Like I said someone needs to get these kids under control or else they're going to keep failing and lagging behind everyone else academically.

He should have had the kids under control. LMAO. If it were that simple then this world would be a much different place.

Students misbehaving isn't the only problem though. If you have teachers aren't doing sh*t do you really expect students to be sitting quietly twiddling their thumbs? It aint their jobs to teach themselves now is it...

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:07am

So if I flip out and scream a whole bunch of stuff (nothing concrete) because I'm mad someone told me I was distracting the class, and you have a video of me acting a fool in the classroom when I'm supposed to be sitting quietly, you'll believe whatever I say? Is that how that works?

She wasn't mad because he told her to stop distracting the class. She was mad because he wasn't teaching anything. Is that not something to be mad about? She went about it the wrong way, but I can't be mad at her for wanting to learn. I would hate to come to a classroom every day and not learn a damn thing. It's a waste of time and money.

-------------
yo

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:08am
Man, teaching at a high school in the US must be hell. No thanks. Teachers don't get paid enough.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:08am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Even though she could've went at it better who's to say she didn't want to learn? And even if she was just doing it for attention she had valid points. Why go on strike for more money so you can teach yet you don't teach because you are on strike? What sense does that make? Don't punish your students by not teaching. 

Thats whats wrong with kids these days as it is anyway, they aren't being taught what they should be because either teachers are too lazy and just don't teach or if they do teach they are being taught watered down ass stuff. I have only been out of school since 2009 and even then seems like all the teachers worried about teaching us was stuff we need to know for our state exams, even during years when we weren't required to take state exams. Ish that can't even be applied to stuff I have to learn in college.

No I'm pretty sure she said the teachers didn't come to class while they were on strike. I don't think she meant they were there, on premises while on strike, just not teaching. That wouldn't really make sense. She's saying they went on strike to get more money and now they're back and he still isn't teaching. She was not raised right to be clowning like that in front of her elder first of all, so I don't believe her. I can't take anything she's saying seriously because she's acting a fool because her teacher tried to correct her. Show me a video of a kid acting a fool in class and I'm not gonna believe the kid. I've seen many kids act a damn fool in class. All of them were wrong and most didn't graduate on time if at all.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:09am
Niecy, I just imagine some teachers brandishing the gun when they reach their patience limit when trying to get the class to be quiet and listen.Dead

I remember some moments when a teacher would just snap and start yelling at us...

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:10am
I feel for her. That was sad to watch. Her classmates disgust me.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Man, teaching at a high school in the US must be hell. No thanks. Teachers don't get paid enough.

i'll be teaching high school.  them kids don't want none.

my future husband better make 6 figures though.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:12am

yeah i do cause i've seen it happen....and i've lived it..and man i was in the for real hood lmao. Confused if teachers really care they can do it. .unlike the guy in the vid sitting there whispering behind his desk...but perhaps hes only there for a pay check and nothing more. heck i've seen my cousin go from neighborhood terror to almost a carlton (what happened after graduation is another story)cause his teacher stood by him and really cared...that whole class made a change..shocked the heck outta me let me tell ya! lol remember freedom writers...that really does happen sometimesLOLsorry you never seen it tho

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:13am

No I'm pretty sure she said the teachers didn't come to class while they were on strike. I don't think she meant they were there, on premises while on strike, just not teaching. That wouldn't really make sense. She's saying they went on strike to get more money and now they're back and he still isn't teaching. She was not raised right to be clowning like that in front of her elder first of all, so I don't believe her. I can't take anything she's saying seriously because she's acting a fool because her teacher tried to correct her. Show me a video of a kid acting a fool in class and I'm not gonna believe the kid. I've seen many kids act a damn fool in class. All of them were wrong and most didn't graduate on time if at all.

you just restated what I said genius. He's there therefore why isn't he teaching? Just because you dont believe her doesn't mean our opinions should change. Congrats you dont think she should be mad about being taught. And I obviously stated she could've handled things better but that doesnt mean she didn't want to learn. Because she's a kid that means she doesn't have a right to go off about not being taught without being believable? GTFOH most kids probably wouldn't even have the guts to tell their teacher to teach them.

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:14am

My SO makes 6 figures, and and I still feel like we are struggling. Cry

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:15am

She wasn't mad because he told her to stop distracting the class. She was mad because he wasn't teaching anything. Is that not something to be mad about? She went about it the wrong way, but I can't be mad at her for wanting to learn. I would hate to come to a classroom every day and not learn a damn thing. It's a waste of time and money.

So why did she wait to go off until he told her she was distracting the class? We don't have evidence that he wasn't teaching but we have sufficient evidence that she was in fact distracting the class. Who told her it was okay to address her teacher like that? Do you really think children like that are teachable? If a child feels it's okay to come to school and clown like that without any fear of consequences from her parents, what do you think she's learned at home? How smart do you really think she is? Do you think you have the authority to teach a child with that mindset? Like I said there's a reason we can't keep quality teachers. All the new bright eyed graduates from Teach for America go to the inner city to get experience then they're off to teach Jane and Sally who know how to act like they got some damn sense and home training. Her mom probably never even taught her ass how to read and write but she wants to get up there and disrespect someone who already has a job and an education. smh.

-------------

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:15am

Thats cause yall going to Roast all da damn time....more importantly without meCry

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:17am

So why did she wait to go off until he told her she was distracting the class? We don't have evidence that he wasn't teaching but we have sufficient evidence that she was in fact distracting the class. Who told her it was okay to address her teacher like that? Do you really think children like that are teachable? If a child feels it's okay to come to school and clown like that without any fear of consequences from her parents, what do you think she's learned at home? How smart do you really think she is? Do you think you have the authority to teach a child with that mindset? Like I said there's a reason we can't keep quality teachers. All the new bright eyed graduates from Teach for America go to the inner city to get experience then they're off to teach Jane and Sally who know how to act like they got some damn sense and home training. Her mom probably never even taught her ass how to read and write but she wants to get up there and disrespect someone who already has a job and an education. smh.

If you actually watched the video she was already going off in the beginning. I didnt hear him say she was being distracting until she had already started going off.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:17am

isn't the price of living fair in Detroit?  lawd.  you Nigerians ain't never satisfied.  LOL

that must be why they still emailing me after i told them i was going to report them to the FBI. Stern Smile

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:20am

Public schools.
Schools with teachers that are under the assumption that, if you're not in an honors or AP course, you're just biding your time until you drop out, or graduate with mediocre grades to go on and live in your mother's basement until you're 40. 
Schools with teachers who would rather give thier students the answers to the tests instead of actually teaching the material.
Schools with such fcked up funding that, unless you're in an AP or honors course, you're probably one of 42 students in a classroom. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

@Sweetnovember

You see a dumb ignorant fool. I see a smart girl passionate about her education. *shrugs*  

-------------
yo

you just restated what I said genius. He's there therefore why isn't he teaching? Just because you dont believe her doesn't mean our opinions should change. Congrats you dont think she should be mad about being taught. And I obviously stated she could've handled things better but that doesnt mean she didn't want to learn. Because she's a kid that means she doesn't have a right to go off about not being taught without being believable? GTFOH most kids probably wouldn't even have the guts to tell their teacher to teach them.

Once again I said you don't know what was being taught or not taught before her tirade. Obviously you're the "genius" if you didn't comprehend that and can't have a discussion without being disrespectful. No I don't believe it because I don't have proof. That child just disrespected the hell out of that teacher like inner city kids do everyday and that's why they are failing. Because they would rather go to class to socialize (like she was doing before she was corrected) or get attention. If she was so damn smart she would have gone to the administration when she perceived a so called problem with his teaching methods instead getting mad because she was in the wrong like you're doing right now. I can stand disrespectful people. Goodbye.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:23am
must this happen in every thread?  what happened to the breathing techniques you discussed earlier?

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:25am

Once again I said you don't know what was being taught or not taught before her tirade. Obviously you're the "genius" if you didn't comprehend that and can't have a discussion without being disrespectful. No I don't believe it because I don't have proof. That child just disrespected the hell out of that teacher like inner city kids do everyday and that's why they are failing. Because they would rather go to class to socialize (like she was doing before she was corrected) or get attention. If she was so damn smart she would have gone to the administration when she perceived a so called problem with his teaching methods instead getting mad because she was in the wrong like you're doing right now. I can stand disrespectful people. Goodbye.

I can read honey all you did was reiterate what I said which was that he went on strike and still wasn't teaching and I didnt know I was being "disrespectful" but okay. Like I said you don't have to believe the child but that doesn't mean others can't. 

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:26am

If you actually watched the video she was already going off in the beginning. I didnt hear him say she was being distracting until she had already started going off.

Yes she was ranting about something in the beginning. That's all we know. The first clear thing I heard among the ruckus of was  "you're distracting the class." Why would he say that if he wasn't teaching? You think that he was just sitting there on strike and she went off and he said you're distracting the class? That doesn't make any sense.

-------------

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:28am
she had good points, but i feel like i would have gotten my ass kicked by my mom when i got home for doing that. 

it sounded like he tried to reprimand her being distracting students or something. 
some teachers go into public schools with defeat already on their mind. 
so they stop teaching, and at that point you're nothing but a babysitter. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:28am

Yes she was ranting about something in the beginning. That's all we know. The first clear thing I heard among the ruckus of was  "you're distracting the class." Why would he say that if he wasn't teaching? You think that he was just sitting there on strike and she went off and he said you're distracting the class? That doesn't make any sense.

Like you said in your previous post we don't know whether he was even teaching or not to begin with so you don't make any sense. 

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:29am

Luckily, I only teach elementary school.  Even still, my kids know I am NOT the one.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

she had good points, but i feel like i would have gotten my ass kicked by my mom when i got home for doing that. 

it sounded like he tried to reprimand her being distracting students or something. 

IA. I think some teachers, once they experience one bad seed, expect all to be like that. Seems like you have teachers who let students run over them and do whatever too because they probably feel like they don't make enough money to have to discipline kids or whatever the case may be.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:30am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Public schools.
Schools with teachers that are under the assumption that, if you're not in an honors or AP course, you're just biding your time until you drop out, or graduate with mediocre grades to go on and live in your mother's basement until you're 40. 
Schools with teachers who would rather give thier students the answers to the tests instead of actually teaching the material.
Schools with such fcked up funding that, unless you're in an AP or honors course, you're probably one of 42 students in a classroom. 

@Sweetnovember

You see a dumb ignorant fool. I see a smart girl passionate about her education. *shrugs*  

Well she can't be that smart because guess who's going to get suspended now? Sure she got a laugh but let's be honest. She's prolly gonna go home and be on punishment or get that ass beat because you know mama ain't bout staying home from work to watch her cuz she wants to go to school and act an azz. So I don't see how she's so smart. once again we have a video of a child straight clownin in class, like so many other similar videos, and y'all wanna give her a pass. This man already has an education. There is no excuse for what she did and she only hurt herself.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:30am
I remember having teachers that didn't teach. They didn't give a sh*t about the students.

I remember having teachers that had a hard time wrangling control over the class. One was a gulf war vet. Some HS students ain't nothin' nice to play with.Stern Smile

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:32am

Like you said in your previous post we don't know whether he was even teaching or not to begin with so you don't make any sense. 

We don't know if he was teaching or not but we do know she was acting an azz. You're jumping to conclusions and ignoring the evidence right in front of you.

but yeah I'm over it. That's how I feel.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:32am
Man, y'all need to sip what I'm sipping and take the edge off...

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:33am
mean teachers and prof are the best. 
after you have a mean teacher and you go on to the next and theyre soft, you kinda feel like you're being cheated. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:33am
I highly doubt she got suspended for that. Sent to the office, written up, and reprimanded, yes, but not suspended. And I'm not ignoring any evidence I just dont feel the same way you do SweetNovember. 

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:34am

That's that elitist bullsh*t white people throw out when their methods are ineffective. Those are children, not animals brought in from the wild, despite what you may think. 

As a teacher, when your methods are ineffective, shouldnt you adapt and try new ones? Isnt it a teacher's job to teach? Just because teaching some kids might be a little harder than teaching others, there's no excuse for anyone to be calling themselves a teacher and not teaching. If they wanted easy, then they should've gone to the suburbs. But they came to the inner city because they wanted to be a positive force in these kids' lives. If they think that teaching high school students that have been told since elementary school that they wouldnt amount to anything because they require a bit more one on one attention than other students would be easy, maybe they should rethink their action plan. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:35am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

right?  i am enjoying Kroger's finest barefoot wine at the moment.  best 8.99 i spent all day. i can't even read all these paragraphs but im on niecy's side.  go niecy. 

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:37am

after you have a mean teacher and you go on to the next and theyre soft, you kinda feel like you're being cheated. 

Word. Like I said some teachers allow students to run over them and that's the problem. I love seeing teachers put students in line and shuttin' their arses up

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:37am

@Sweetnovember

Well she can't be that smart because guess who's going to get suspended now? Sure she got a laugh but let's be honest. She's prolly gonna go home and be on punishment or get that ass beat because you know mama ain't bout staying home from work to watch her cuz she wants to go to school and act an azz. So I don't see how she's so smart. once again we have a video of a child straight clownin in class, like so many other similar videos, and y'all wanna give her a pass. This man already has an education. There is no excuse for what she did and she only hurt herself.

Ok she's dumb to you. Gotcha.

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:38am

right?  i am enjoying Kroger's finest barefoot wine at the moment.  best 8.99 i spent all day. i can't even read all these paragraphs but im on niecy's side.  go niecy. 

Sipping my Ciroc straight and ice cold.

I have no clue what's being said cuz I'm not bout to read those damn essays.

If y'all gonna argue, at least make sure I have a juicy read in the morning.

@Sweetnovember

Ok she's dumb to you. Gotcha.

LOL

lets not kid ourselves though. that class had their phones out, he was totally not in control of the classroom. they didn't seem like they were doing work in the first place. he was ineffective, but they didn't look complacent either. 

(was it like theater or something?) they didn't have desks. 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:40am

I'm good. This shyt is just giving me flashbacks. Ignant ass, nonreading kids always disrupting class and by the time their 4 years are up you know they ain't walk across nobody stage. Ish ain't cute. Confused

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:40am

And even if kids don't recognize it themselves, they actually appreciate it.  Supposedly I am super strict, but my kids sure were asking about me when I went into the hospital.  And every once in a while, when I threaten to leave, you can see the worry in the eyes of some of them.  LOL. 

I don't believe in the "unteachable" idea.  ALL kids are teachable, you just have to take the time to figure out how to reach the ones who may not get it at the same time everyone else is.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:41am

lets not kid ourselves though. that class had their phones out, he was totally not in control of the classroom. they didn't seem like they were doing work in the first place. he was ineffective, but they didn't look complacent either. 

(was it like theater or something?) they didn't have desks. 

Hell, in my high school having our cell phones out wouldn't have even happened. Our teachers would've snatched them up so quick. AND probably would be looking through what you were doing before taking it to the office depending on the teacher

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:41am

I'm good. This shyt is just giving me flashbacks. Ignant ass, nonreading kids always disrupting class and by the time they're 4 years are up you know they ain't walk across nobody stage. Ish ain't cute. Confused

it seems like you're stereotyping someone you know nothing about.  all you know of her in this short clip is that she's saying she WANTS to learn...yet she's ignorant and nonreading?  okay.

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:42am
so what page did his thread go to hell?

i hope she gets the education she deserves.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:43am

I'm good. This shyt is just giving me flashbacks. Ignant ass, nonreading kids always disrupting class and by the time they're 4 years are up you know they ain't walk across nobody stage. Ish ain't cute. Confused

it seems like you're stereotyping someone you know nothing about.  all you know of her in this short clip is that she's saying she WANTS to learn...yet she's ignorant and nonreading?  okay.
Thank you.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:44am

Just like you stereotyped the teacher based on your past experiences when the student was clearly the one being disrespectful and disrupting the class just like the teacher said. That girl is bold and she has no home training. I'm not going to take her word on anything.

-------------

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:45am
Man, this thread reads like the 18 and under crowd is in here. Her behavior is unacceptable.  I agree with Sweet November.  We got once 3 min segment of the video and folks up in here cosigning disruptive behavior because she alleges that she's not learning anything.  We all know that learning is a two way street; adequate instruction and students being an advocate for their own learning. That means students doing their part to facilitate their learning process.  All of those bad asses in that class, this chick screaming and jumping up and down, etc..If they aren't learning a damn thing, I blame it on the parents that send these bad ass kids to school and teach them nothing about respect and accountability and I blame the school systems that pack these bad ass kids in the classrooms and pay teachers $7/hour to teach them.  If she feels like she's not learning and want her voice to be heard, there is a much better way to go about it.  These black kids want change but ain't no one running for leadership positions, student council positions, student body president, etc...They just making a lot of damn noise.

-------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:46am

Word. Like I said some teachers allow students to run over them and that's the problem. I love seeing teachers put students in line and shuttin' their arses up

When I was going for my interview to get my US teacher's license, it seems as though some methods that could work in American classrooms just wouldn't fly because it will hurt the student's feelings.

In my world (classroom), it's too bad, so sad for you.  If you are being disciplined, you know damn well what you did and if you get embarassed, you might want to rethink your behavior for the next time.  I don't do the whole, "When you talk in class, it makes me feel sad," business.  They get to stand up with their hands on their head and after whenever I feel like it, they have to explain to me why they are standing up with their hands on their head.  Rest assured I don't have any more trouble out of them.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:47am

Just like you stereotyped the teacher based on your past experiences when the student was clearly the one being disrespectful and disrupting the class just like the teacher said. That girl is bold and she has no home training. I'm not going to take her word on anything.

But people already stated she should have handled it better than just yelling. The only thing people actually agreed on was that she was right as far as wanting to learn...Confused

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:47am
Meanwhile y'all were in the thread about that little mixed girl cussin out the teacher who grabbed her saying no one better touch your child. And this girl was in Pre-K/Kindergarten. Yeah, keep your little terrors at home. They're not going to learn at school anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Man, this thread reads like the 18 and under crowd is in here. Her behavior is unacceptable.  I agree with Sweet November.  We got once 3 min segment of the video and folks up in here cosigning disruptive behavior because she alleges that she's not learning anything.  We all know that learning is a two way street; adequate instruction and students being an advocate for their own learning. That means students doing their part to facilitate their learning process.  All of those bad asses in that class, this chick screaming and jumping up and down, etc..If they aren't learning a damn thing, I blame it on the parents that send these bad ass kids to school and teach them nothing about respect and accountability and I blame the school systems that pack these bad ass kids in the classrooms and pay teachers $7/hour to teach them.  If she feels like she's not learning and want her voice to be heard, there is a much better way to go about it.  These black kids want change but ain't no one running for leadership positions, student council positions, student body president, etc...They just making a lot of damn noise.

Thank you, this is so much more concise.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:51am

i judged the teacher based on the circus that was his classroom.  the message this young lady conveyed  is what parents and students complain about in the us edu system everyday. any teacher worth their salt wouldn't have a student articulating exactly what they're not learning and wish to learn by classrooms end.  he was not controlling his classroom at all.  your students shouldnt be the authority.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:52am

Meanwhile y'all were in the thread about that little mixed girl cussin out the teacher who grabbed her saying no one better touch your child. And this girl was in Pre-K/Kindergarten. Yeah, keep your little terrors at home. They're not going to learn at school anyway.

Yes because you know whether or not our children will learn based off of a video. Right.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:52am

But people already stated she should have handled it better than just yelling. The only thing people actually agreed on was that she was right as far as wanting to learn...Confused

right...no one said she didn't act extra...but to say she's unteachable and not smart is ridiculous.  she's a teenager.  teenagers can't always control their emotions.  automatically judging her based on how she looks and sounds, period.  

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:53am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

That's that elitist bullsh*t white people throw out when their methods are ineffective. Those are children, not animals brought in from the wild, despite what you may think. 

As a teacher, when your methods are ineffective, shouldnt you adapt and try new ones? Isnt it a teacher's job to teach? Just because teaching some kids might be a little harder than teaching others, there's no excuse for anyone to be calling themselves a teacher and not teaching. If they wanted easy, then they should've gone to the suburbs. But they came to the inner city because they wanted to be a positive force in these kids' lives. If they think that teaching high school students that have been told since elementary school that they wouldnt amount to anything because they require a bit more one on one attention than other students would be easy, maybe they should rethink their action plan. 

Thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Clap

-------------
yo

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:54am
[QUOTE=SweetNovember*]Meanwhile y'all were in the thread about that little mixed girl cussin out the teacher who grabbed her saying no one better touch your child. And this girl was in Pre-K/Kindergarten. Yeah, keep your little terrors at home. They're not going to learn at school anyway. You aren't no goodLOLLOL
[/QUOTE
But anywho, her message was a complete loss with all of that unruly behavior. Some teachers do want to teach, but are prohibited by the school board from deviating from the schools planned curriculum. Instead of doing that she should rally up more children/parents to help her fight this. Her screaming and disrecpting the teacher will not help her learn. I hope she calms down and gets a good education that she needs.

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:54am

People praised her and said they would not punish their child for behaving like this. You don't have any proof he wasn't teaching. If my child ever misrepresented me like that in public (and no child of mine would) I would.............

I ain't raising no disrespectful hooligans. That girl thinks it is her place to address the teacher like that and she is bold enough to draw all that attention to herself therefore anything she has to say is null and void. That is not how sensible children act. Look at the other kids. They certainly didn't look like nerds but they had enough sense to stay in their seats and let that man do whatever he was doing. If that is how that child conducts herself I'm not interested in anything else she has to say. Let her mama home school her if she thinks it's cute.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:55am

Yes because you know whether or not our children will learn based off of a video. Right.

They're not learning. And attitudes like this are the reason.

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:56am

IA. I think some teachers, once they experience one bad seed, expect all to be like that. Seems like you have teachers who let students run over them and do whatever too because they probably feel like they don't make enough money to have to discipline kids or whatever the case may be.

I will say I think some just give up and let the students run over them IMO because they know if they say anything back or stand up for themselves....with ratchet kids...chances are the sh*t will escalate and the teacher'll be the one to get whacked.  

Teachers.....good teachers don't make what they deserve for the sh*t they gotta put up with from the majority of students these days. 

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:58am

right...no one said she didn't act extra...but to say she's unteachable and not smart is ridiculous.  she's a teenager.  teenagers can't always control their emotions.  automatically judging her based on how she looks and sounds, period.  

That man could not say anything while that girl was up there stomping and sweating and performing. How can you teach someone who is having a fit? How is that fair to the other children? I don't know if she needs to be in a special class or what (it's very possible) but I stand by my statement that she obviously is not suited to the program. What the problem is I cannot say but she needs to be dealt with.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:58am

People praised her and said they would not punish their child for behaving like this. You don't have any proof he wasn't teaching. If my child ever misrepresented me like that in public (and no child of mine would) I would.............

I ain't raising no disrespectful hooligans. That girl thinks it is her place to address the teacher like that and she is bold enough to draw all that attention to herself therefore anything she has to say is null and void. That is not how sensible children act. Look at the other kids. They certainly didn't look like nerds but they had enough sense to stay in their seats and let that man do whatever he was doing. If that is how that child conducts herself I'm not interested in anything else she has to say. Let her mama home school her if she thinks it's cute.

And you have proof that he was? Not everyone was praising her. I even said in my original post she could've handled it differently. The others may not have been saying anything to the teacher but from the looks of it they most certainly weren't paying attention to him either if he was teaching otherwise they wouldnt have had cell phones out and all kinds of foolery

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:59am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I will say I think some just give up and let the students run over them IMO because they know if they say anything back or stand up for themselves....with ratchet kids...chances are the sh*t will escalate and the teacher'll be the one to get whacked.  

Teachers.....good teachers don't make what they deserve for the sh*t they gotta put up with from the majority of students these days. 

You are always unbiased when you post. Clap

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:00am
If he was unable to control his classroom, a classroom full of students who look like they should know how to behave, really, who should be held accountable for that? If a teenager is coming to school acting an ass in class, the blame should never fall on the teacher, as if they are responsible for raising them. The most a teacher could say is stop, no and don't or leave the classroom.  If none of that works, what else could he do? Parents should be involved in their child's education.  They should also be concerned with whether their child is coming to school and contributing to a conducive learning environment.

Maybe he's unable to get through his lesson plans per day because he have to tell students constantly to stop talking or to leave his class.  That cuts into class time and in frustrates those who are really there to learn.  Being an educator is the most important job imo.  Yet they have to endure so much and get paid so little.

-------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:01am

And you have proof that he was? Not everyone was praising her. I even said in my original post she could've handled it differently. The others may not have been saying anything to the teacher but from the looks of it they most certainly weren't paying attention to him either if he was teaching otherwise they wouldnt have had cell phones out and all kinds of foolery

They had cell phones out recording her crazyness. Like he said, she was causing a distraction. Everyone else was in their seat and you want proof that he was teaching? This girl gets to act like this on camera no less and you want proof that he was teaching? How can he teach like that? She ruined her whole argument because children with sense, children who want to learn, do not act like that!

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:02am
You don't have any proof he wasn't teaching  <<<<<

yes i do.  i saw 3:15 worth of proof.  he is the teacher that likes to spend 50 minutes complaining about his students rather than restructuring something that clearly isn't working.  teachers need to stop using their students as scapegoats....some students do not show up to learn, continue with your curriculum and let the others benefit from that.

his JOB is to figure out which method works best for the children in his classroom...the minute he gets lazy, he is no longer doing his job...he can find other work.

i am not going to assume he is teaching a bunch of unteachable children.  i am going to ASSUME responsibility on the ADULT.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:03am
The girl may possibly be a special needs person because she was acting extra...

Hmmm.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:04am

They had cell phones out recording her crazyness. Like he said, she was causing a distraction. Everyone else was in their seat and you want proof that he was teaching? This girl gets to act like this on camera no less and you want proof that he was teaching? How can he teach like that? She ruined her whole argument because children with sense, children who want to learn, do not act like that!

I'm still waiting for you to point me in the direction of where I stated that it was okay to act like that though when I clearly keep stating she could've done it in a better manner. It's okay I will wait. 

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

If he was unable to control his classroom, a classroom full of students who look like they should know how to behave, really, who should be held accountable for that? If a teenager is coming to school acting an ass in class, the blame should never fall on the teacher, as if they are responsible for raising them. The most a teacher could say is stop, no and don't or leave the classroom.  If none of that works, what else could he do? Parents should be involved in their child's education.  They should also be concerned with whether their child is coming to school and contributing to a conducive learning environment.

Maybe he's unable to get through his lesson plans per day because he have to tell students constantly to stop talking or to leave his class.  That cuts into class time and in frustrates those who are really there to learn.  Being an educator is the most important job imo.  Yet they have to endure so much and get paid so little.

They want you to start raising these children and the age of fifteen. And you better not touch them or else you're liable to get hurt or lose your job. And then when their kids can't pass the state exams when they came to class not knowing anything in the first place, they still mad. It's ridiculous.

-------------

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Hmmm.

girl don't dis the specials .. she just wants attentionLOL

-------------

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Hmmm.

Special needs is a broad category. Not sure if you knew that but now you know.

-------------

You don't have any proof he wasn't teaching  <<<<<

yes i do.  i saw 3:15 worth of proof.  he is the teacher that likes to spend 50 minutes complaining about his students rather than restructuring something that clearly isn't working.  teachers need to stop using their students as scapegoats....some students do not show up to learn, continue with your curriculum and let the others benefit from that.

his JOB is to figure out which method works best for the children in his classroom...the minute he gets lazy, he is no longer doing his job...he can find other work.

i am not going to assume he is teaching a bunch of unteachable children.  i am going to ASSUME responsibility on the ADULT.

To add on, even if there are students who act up and/or don't want to learn why punish the ones that actually DO want to learn by not teaching?

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:06am
It is the teacher's job to control the class. If some teachers can't control a class then it's not the right job for them. Let someone who knows how to teach and control the classroom replace them.

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:07am

I'm still waiting for you to point me in the direction of where I stated that it was okay to act like that though when I clearly keep stating she could've done it in a better manner. It's okay I will wait. 

You never said that. I never said you said that. You did however assume that this man was lax in his responsibilities based on what this obviously ill-mannered child was saying, in a completely inappropriate manner, without any type of proof.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window