Print Page | Close Window

Rihannas Diamonds....

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353198
Printed Date: Nov 14 2018 at 11:43am

Topic: Rihannas Diamonds....
Posted By: Wildfire
Subject: Rihannas Diamonds....
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 3:32pm
does anyone know what the song is about?....i was expecting to see some guy at the end?

btw, i like that her makeup seemed close to natural...that ultra beatface stuff was getting out of hand

-------------
You'll be a memory for someone someday. Try to be a good one

Replies:
Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 3:39pm
I think it's about love like most songs

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 3:45pm
Go to songmeanings.net, they evaluate the meaning of any song you may know.

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 3:49pm
lmao

-------------

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 3:57pm
Is that you and your baby Wildfire?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHeart

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 4:16pm
chris

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:03pm
Recently I have been researching spiritual connections among people because of a crazy crazy experience I had with a friend last summer. I can finally put a name to that experience, which is the twin flame/twin soul connection; and I believe that's what Diamonds is about.

What Rih talks about in that song conveys all the emotions and feelings one goes through when they have that connection with someone. Though it seems shes not saying much lol. Sometimes I get teary eyed when I hear itEmbarrassed

Seeing the video sealed the deal for me about the meaning. When I finally saw the video I was floored Shocked. With all the chaos happening, how they split unwillingly and especially since Chris (or whomever that guy is) was burning (twin flame) at the end. It just makes so much sense TO ME LOL

For someone who doesn't write their own music she does an excellent job of choosing music that relates to her current experiences. I believe that she thinks Chris is her twin soul, and I love music that makes me think!

K. Im done :)

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

Recently I have been researching spiritual connections among people because of a crazy crazy experience I had with a friend last summer. I can finally put a name to that experience, which is the twin flame/twin soul connection; and I believe that's what Diamonds is about.

What Rih talks about in that song conveys all the emotions and feelings one goes through when they have that connection with someone. Though it seems shes not saying much lol. Sometimes I get teary eyed when I hear itEmbarrassed

Seeing the video sealed the deal for me about the meaning. When I finally saw the video I was floored Shocked. With all the chaos happening, how they split unwillingly and especially since Chris (or whomever that guy is) was burning (twin flame) at the end. It just makes so much sense TO ME LOL

For someone who doesn't write their own music she does an excellent job of choosing music that relates to her current experiences. I believe that she thinks Chris is her twin soul, and I love music that makes me think!

Funny you interpreted all that from the video because it didnt make sense to me whatsoever

Posted By: happy 4b
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:07pm
I think she was just talking about the song. The video was too simple.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:14pm
i think CB's video for his song Beautiful and Rihanna's song are supposed to be intertwined in some weird way.  it seems like she's talking about two stars connected...and then at the end of CB's video he goes up into outer space for no reason whatsoever.  i don't even know.  im trying to make sense of the nonsensical.

Posted By: wezy2005
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:20pm
If anybody is interested in the meaning of this song then maybe they ought to hit the artist/ singer SIA up since she wrote the damn thang...LOL.....might i add SHE sounds waaaaaaay much better then RHI RHI singing that shhht!!!!!Clap Clap 

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:24pm
I like the Sia lady singing it with the piano.

Honestly I wish "artists" today wrote more of their own songs.

But I guess everyone has a job to do

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

blah blah etc... LOL

Funny you interpreted all that from the video because it didnt make sense to me whatsoever

I was thinking about posting some of the links I found in my research but I was thinking that no one would be that interested in reading it. Plus they are not scholarly or peer reviewed; all anecdotal which is good enough for me!

But yeah... I think that if I didn't experience what I did and look into it like I did I would be like Confusedwatching the video/listening to the song as well LOL it def has an abstract quality to it

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:29pm

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:33pm
I absolutely love Sia! When I found out she was the mastermind behind Diamonds it was like duh! lol It has such a Sia quality to it.  But I didnt know there was audio of Sia singing it herself Shocked off to Google!!

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:59am
Sia and Benny blanco wrote it

Also. I'm surprised no one has mentioned diamonds = roc nation = throw your diamonds up. Maybe it's too obvious.

Diamonds in the sky = the diamond hand sign in the air.

Also.

Diamonds in the sky = stars

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:29am
It's about Chris

I thought the video tho basic, explained that well

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 9:13am
she doesn't sound better than Rihanna singing that song at that instant.  She likely sounds better than Rhi in most other circumstances though.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 10:25am

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

yeahEmbarrassed
Heart

-------------

Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

It's about Chris

I thought the video tho basic, explained that well

Yea. Since he was in it lol

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

yeahEmbarrassed
Heart

So beautiful.  Your baby is so cute! You look so happy and gorgeous!Heart

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:07am
thanx Jess....Embarrassed, she's such a joy
...no idea what chri's hands looks like... lol

*watches vid again*

-------------

Posted By: beautiful-stranger
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:10am
Completely off topic but kid fury shaded the sh*t out of chris: Will Rihanna reach out and have a chat with Kae woman-to-woman? Will Chris stop doing drugs and eat a sandwich? Will anybody ever buy these damn clothes? Find out next time on The Young & The Lightskinned.

-------------
Ain't no body got time fo dat.

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:13am
IcackledLOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window