Print Page | Close Window

Marriage

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353115
Printed Date: Jun 26 2019 at 3:37pm

Topic: Marriage
Posted By: COUTURENIKKI222
Subject: Marriage
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:31pm
we live in a new age were people are getting marred two weeks in months in etc knowing that 65% of married couples under the age of 30 will probably get a divorce how do you feel about getting married early in the relationship?

-------------
Couture Nikki

Replies:
Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:34pm
I don't know if 17 months qualifies as "early" but we were only 23 and I have no regrets.  I've seen it work and fail both ways.  A successful marriage can't be gaged by statistics but rather the people in it.  

-------------
Valleys only exist between mountains. Stay down til you come up.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:36pm
I thought it was always like that 

-------------
yo

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:38pm
I'm not sure yet.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Bunnyahh

I got married early, so did my parents.  We are all still married.  Sometimes u go with ur gut & it works out

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: Sang Froid
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I thought it was always like that 

It was worse...younger and quicker....but there was stigma to divorce. 

-------------

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:40pm

couples who been together a very long time and then marry tend to have less patience for each other.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:43pm
Im just asking because you know there people who get married for all the wrong reasons you have to be careful. I just believe you should know a person before you do because it can turn ugly and the person who you married may not be the same person after the honeymoon!

-------------
Couture Nikki

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:44pm
i might've cheated if i married at 23, tbh.  i wasn't ready to end an independent lifestyle yet.  sex would've been irrelevant...i just would've felt suffocated.  i am on trend to marry at 30.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:44pm
I wouldn't do it. Then again Im at a point in my life where IDK if I ever see myself getting married, or even being in another serious relationship at all to be honest.

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:46pm
I guess it depends on what you call early. 

Some folks date 10 years before getting a ring, but I know that life ain't for me.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by COUTURENIKKI222 COUTURENIKKI222 wrote:

Im just asking because you know there people who get married for all the wrong reasons you have to be careful. I just believe you should know a person before you do because it can turn ugly and the person who you married may not be the same person after the honeymoon!
lmao.  too late.  I was already in love b4 I knew anything about him.  once again, go with ur gut Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by COUTURENIKKI222 COUTURENIKKI222 wrote:

lmao.  too late.  I was already in love b4 I knew anything about him.  once again, go with ur gut Tongue

-------------
Couture Nikki

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:30pm
I wouldn't marry someone after knowing him for 2 weeks, but if we had been together for a few months and everything was great, I think I would, as long as he wasn't exactly my age.

-------------
hip measured is from fullest part on butt:
start: 32C-24-35

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9bbbc000b1aa15d0337a651ec6e3f36c/tumblr_n1g94wvCbW1rk74v1o1_400.gif

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hn7ui0.jpg

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:37pm
not for me but i wish everyone the best in their unions.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:38pm
I could never do two weeks of know someone and then get marry!

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:40pm
two weeks? thats not enough time for accurate STD test results to come back!
Hayle naw! 6 months minimum!

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

6 months is long enough to get married?

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:45pm

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

6 months is long enough to get married?
What is the usual time frame in your country Jr1127?

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:48pm
^^^ 2yrs!

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:50pm
You could wait and it could still end up all bad...you could not wait and it could last a lifetime..and vice versa.

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:51pm

^^^ 2yrs!
does the family have to approve first?
is their a dowry?
Which country is this?
Do you or anybody on this forum watch Almost Married on Centric?  I noticed there was no thread, but I really like the show.  The guy's fam is from Uganda & the girl is american. The way the cultural differences clash is something else

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

You could wait and it could still end up all bad...you could not wait and it could last a lifetime..and vice versa.

That's what suck!!

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:54pm

^^^ 2yrs!
is their a dowry?
Which country is this?
Do you or anybody on this forum watch Almost Married on Centric?  I noticed there was no thread, but I really like the show.  The guy's fam is from Uganda & the girl is american. The way the cultural differences clash is something else
LOLLOL Wait !! I'm from Houston so I don't anything about cultural difference. I'm only stating my opinion but I think that it's good to get to know you mate a little bit longer! But you never know how God has it plan!

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:58pm

^^^ 2yrs!
is their a dowry?
Which country is this?
LOLLOL Wait !! I'm from Houston so I don't anything about cultural difference. I'm only stating my opinion but I think that it's good to get to know you mate a little bit longer! But you never know how God has it plan!
oh, my badLOLI thought you were one of the many africans we've got hereEmbarrassed.  But do u watch the show?  It comes on saturday mornings

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:00pm
lol i thought JR was american...then i was like maybe i am trippin.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:03pm

^^^ 2yrs!
is their a dowry?
Which country is this?
oh, my badLOLI thought you were one of the many africans we've got hereEmbarrassed.  But do u watch the show?  It comes on saturday mornings
Naw I need to!! Does it have drama?

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:05pm
i probably wouldn't be friendly with someone who my sibling married quickly. 
nah... don't bring your bad decisions around me lol. 

who gets married in less than 6 months? thats just odd. 
but whatever floats their boat i suppose. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:11pm
there a lot of women who Mary guys early especially if the guy is in the army! I couldn't do it I'm with Jr 2yrs or more

-------------
Couture Nikki

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:13pm
He should know whether he wants to marry me within 6-12 months.
Stern Smile

-------------

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:16pm
Damn

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:21pm
everything ain't for everybody. 
God ain't for everybody, waiting long ain't for everybody, couple months ain't for everybody. 
Marriage ain't for everybody. 

Everybody should do what they feel is the right decision for them.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:23pm
Agreed Derri.

I think I'm gonna plod my way to the alter

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: tbaby123
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

He should know whether he wants to marry me within 6-12 months.
Stern Smile

i agree with this... during this time frame you should know if you wanna marry me or not.. aint no one got time for you to be dilly-dallying potentially weighing your options, either u like it or you dont.. but I don't think i would ever get engaged though to someone i've known for less than a year if that makes sense

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:42pm
Now that I'm engaged, I'm taking forever to actually get married. 
It's my own doings. I'm a very regretful person and I just know that right after I get married I will see a better gown one day and be mad. Every time I run the menu by my sister, she turns up her nose. lol. Who has jerk chicken at a wedding!! she says. We'll we're West Indian!!! Our guests won't mind, I think. Now she has me looking at this place that catered her office party. She says the food is mouth watering so...I'm putting jerk chicken on hold. 

Keep this up and I'll head to the courthouse and get married...but the next day I'll regret it. Sleepy

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

It's my own doings. I'm a very regretful person and I just know that right after I get married I will see a better gown one day and be mad. Every time I run the menu by my sister, she turns up her nose. lol. Who has jerk chicken at a wedding!! she says. We'll we're West Indian!!! Our guests won't mind, I think. Now she has me looking at this place that catered her office party. She says the food is mouth watering so...I'm putting jerk chicken on hold. 

Keep this up and I'll head to the courthouse and get married...but the next day I'll regret it. Sleepy

planning a wedding made me wanna go down to the courthouse in a white suit, gloves and jaunty hat

-------------

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:47pm
Two weeks is way too soon in my opinion. Couples are still in that honeymoon phase that early. You're not gonna get to know the REAL person and all their quirks and flaws that soon.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:52pm
By three months into our relationship, I was already so deep into my SO. And so was he. And we talked about our future together then too. 
here we are years later planning (barely) or wedding. We bicker all the time, and we hate to be apart. I hate to even watch him sleep, because he sleeps on his back and it makes me think of death. God forbid. My superstitious ass moves his arms and legs into a more 'alive' position. LOL 

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:52pm
I think 2yrs is a solid time frame for a couple in their mid 20s+. Anything after that he is just waiting to see if something better comes IMO. 

Out of all the married, engaged or madly in love men I know, majority of them say they knew rather quickly that chick in question was "IT."

-------------
#CHOGH

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

planning a wedding made me wanna go down to the courthouse in a white suit, gloves and jaunty hat
LOL nooo you would've regretted that. 

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:54pm

Was planning a wedding that stressful?

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:04pm

I want my invite. and when we gonna link up? we both in t.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:25pm
yes girl Wink

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:26pm

Was planning a wedding that stressful?

yes even with a planner IMO.  it can be. i can be very indecisive though and i was never one of those girls who planned their wedding ahead of time

-------------

Posted By: Y.Gun
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 1:27am
long as it feels right..but at the same time if u feel so strongly that youre gonna be together forever blah blah then cool..instead of dating for 7months and marrying, just wait2/3 years...what BIG ASS DIFFERENCE is a ring REAALLYY gonna make? sure theres the legal aspect of it, but all that, rather date for 2/3 years get married and hopefully last forever, than get married after 6 months then divorcve 2 years later, nahdamean?

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:35am
I'd certainly advise against it, but I guess if you're willing to do the WORK to stay married then hey live your life

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:45am

very time I run the menu by my sister, she turns up her nose. lol. Who has jerk chicken at a wedding!! she says. We'll we're West Indian!!! 

Everybody!! Big smile

I hate to even watch him sleep, because he sleeps on his back and it makes me think of death. God forbid. My superstitious ass moves his arms and legs into a more 'alive' position. LOL 

LOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:52am

By three months into our relationship, I was already so deep into my SO. And so was he. And we talked about our future together then too. 
here we are years later planning (barely) or wedding. We bicker all the time, and we hate to be apart. I hate to even watch him sleep, because he sleeps on his back and it makes me think of death. God forbid. My superstitious ass moves his arms and legs into a more 'alive' position. LOL 

LmaoLOL

-------------

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:09am
If two adults think they can make it work then I say go for it. Yes, divorce sucks but at least you gave it a try. 

-------------

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:23am
i never had a desire to get married before 30

as far as the length of time dating before marriage.... i don't see anything wrong with 6 mos. 

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:31am
Ya'll better stop acting like Civil Unions are just for homosexuals lol

-------------
Domin

Print Page | Close Window