Print Page | Close Window

Im disgusted...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353112
Printed Date: Dec 18 2018 at 10:21pm

Topic: Im disgusted...
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Subject: Im disgusted...
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 7:59pm
with this country... this world... i just can't

... and SMH @ Obama giving that same tired ass 'authoritative father' speech to the African
counsel (around 18:00). Funny how he hasn't kept any of his promises to them

Here's another documentary on this history

Replies:
Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:00pm
26 minutes? tc/ you can miss me with that/

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:02pm
What do you think Obama should do?  Which other country is doing better to help Congo?

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:03pm
Most African Americans don't know about the history of Belgium/Uganda/Rwanda's raping and genocide of the Congo and they especially don't know about America's relation to it

I posted this video for knowledge. You don't have to watch it now... save it for later if u want

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:04pm
Ignoring the genocide of black people is nothing new.

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:04pm
This is true, I think in addition to a history class, there should be a current events discussion class for high school students

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:08pm
back to the bcs bowl

jr.

-------------

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:09pm
The US sent over 7 bill worth of aid to African in 2010 .

You better believe we still came out on top with that deal.
Many states deal one sidedly with Africa.

This makes me think of alot of things though

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

What do you think Obama should do?  Which other country is doing better to help Congo?

IA. It kind of irks me that people always expect America to be the first ones to jump up and help other countries.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:10pm
I will watch later.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

IA. It kind of irks me that people always expect America to be the first ones to jump up and help other countries.

But but we benefit greatly from them.

America isn't aiding anyone for humanitarian reasons alone.

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:12pm
It's 2013.  Take the energy of being disgusted and move it to what YOU can do about it.  How can you make a difference?  Once you come up with some answers actually be about it. 

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Posted By: purple.chuckz
The CIA killed Lumumba, supported Mobutu to the detriment of the Congolese and Angolans ( they used to send weapons to Angolan rebels via the DRC). Now America is indirectly profiting from the coltan and other minerals being stole from the Congo. 

-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.

Posted By: EPITOME
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Most African Americans don't know about the history of Belgium/Uganda/Rwanda's raping and genocide of the Congo and they especially don't know about America's relation to it

I posted this video for knowledge. You don't have to watch it now... save it for later if u want

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

ugh...i can barely commit to movies...which is why i hate going to see themCry
i'll watch in spurts

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

It's 2013.  Take the energy of being disgusted and move it to what YOU can do about it.  How can you make a difference?  Once you come up with some answers actually be about it. 

You are making too much senseClap

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

The CIA killed Lumumba, supported Mobutu to the detriment of the Congolese and Angolans ( they used to send weapons to Angolan rebels via the DRC). Now America is indirectly profiting from the coltan and other minerals being stole from the Congo. 

I may stick around and lurk now that Purple chuckz is here.Embarrassed

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:14pm
Lol why do you think the US covered for Rwanda on Congo?

Of course were benefiting.

That place is full of riches

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

that's how every business is run.  the web in Africa is so tangled that no single entity can do anything to fix that situation.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:15pm

True but those things aside why should America be the only ones people look to for help?

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:15pm

True but those things aside why should America be the only ones people look to for help?

Other states send aid too
And as world power it's a duty that they pledged to commit to

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:16pm
What bothers me the most is America's lack of knowledge and awareness about the misery that you have inflicted on others. BHM is always talking about Africa and Africans not being sh*t and the third world countries we come from, but your governments have had an active hand in our misery.

Alias, this ain't new Malcolm X spoke about this. 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:18pm
IDK. Im one of those who feels like some of the energy America puts into focusing on other countries should be put into fixing our own issues first. Not to say we should stop helping completely.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:19pm
I will be disgusted with anything I ought to be so why pass up an opportunity to share history with people who are possibly ignorant about it?

Please have a seat \_

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:20pm

Girl, my people are still being terrorized by the Rwandans. The Congo is being actively looted.  Where the are all the Kony slactivists? 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/04/rwandans-congo-rebels-un

More than 1,000 Rwandan soldiers crossed into the  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/congo" rel="nofollow - Democratic Republic of the Congo  (DRC) offering "direct support" to rebels who captured a major city, according to sources quoted in a UN inquiry.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/uganda" rel="nofollow - Uganda  also helped the M23 militia with "logistics" as it fought a deadly and successful offensive against the Congolese army, the UN Group of Experts said in a letter to the security council.

The allegations deal a fresh blow to  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/rwanda" rel="nofollow - Rwanda  after months of mounting evidence which, despite Kigali's point-blank denials, prompted  http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/2012/nov/30/uk-withholds-aid-rwanda-congo-drc" rel="nofollow - Britain to suspend aid worth £21m  last week.

The experts said Rwanda Defence Force (RDF) units operated alongside M23 fighters in the  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/20/congo-rebel-m23-take-goma" rel="nofollow - rebels' advance on the eastern commercial hub of Goma  last month.

-------------

BHM don't usually talk ish about Africans.
It's usually BHM ishing on AA's but that's neither here nor there.

Anywho while the US and other states have a big hand in African Nation it's not 100 percent the US's fault .
No , the way some African countries are ran internally on its on would have them collapse .

And tbh if given the chance you don't think African leaders would jump at the chance to dominate other countries?
Everyone always wants to have someone under their thumb

But yes the US's wealth is bloody and made of the backs of ppl they control

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Naturalchick30

What bothers me the most is America's lack of knowledge and awareness about the misery that you have inflicted on others. BHM is always talking about Africa and Africans not being sh*t and the third world countries we come from, but your governments have had an active hand in our misery.

Good one

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:22pm

I will be disgusted with anything I ought to be so why pass up an opportunity to share history with people who are possibly ignorant about it?

Please have a seat \_

Awww not to foxy roxy ... CryCry

anywho will try to watch it after church

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:22pm
And as far as America helping other countries, like you said jones we help only because we benefit from the places we help which basically means we only help for selfish reasons. Seems like sometimes our so called help probably leaves other countries more fcked up than they were before we helped.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:23pm
True but with the US in the authoritative position they make it mighty hard to come up from under them.
I'm not saying its impossible but ..it's hard

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:23pm

And as far as America helping other countries, like you said jones we help only because we benefit from the places we help which basically means we only help for selfish reasons. Seems like sometimes our so called help probably leaves other countries more fcked up than they were before we helped.

This.

I don't see democracy flourishing in the future for Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:24pm

This.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:25pm

Girl, my people=who are your people btw?.. are still being terrorized by the Rwandans. The Congo is being actively looted.  Where the are all the Kony slactivists? but purp that whole "kony 2012" was a low key scam, well people thought they were getting played by the campaign owners.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/04/rwandans-congo-rebels-un

More than 1,000 Rwandan soldiers crossed into the  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/congo" rel="nofollow - Democratic Republic of the Congo  (DRC) offering "direct support" to rebels who captured a major city, according to sources quoted in a UN inquiry.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/uganda" rel="nofollow - Uganda  also helped the M23 militia with "logistics" as it fought a deadly and successful offensive against the Congolese army, the UN Group of Experts said in a letter to the security council.

The allegations deal a fresh blow to  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/rwanda" rel="nofollow - Rwanda  after months of mounting evidence which, despite Kigali's point-blank denials, prompted  http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/2012/nov/30/uk-withholds-aid-rwanda-congo-drc" rel="nofollow - Britain to suspend aid worth £21m  last week.

The experts said Rwanda Defence Force (RDF) units operated alongside M23 fighters in the  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/20/congo-rebel-m23-take-goma" rel="nofollow - rebels' advance on the eastern commercial hub of Goma  last month.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:26pm
Nobody said America was 100 percent at fault... that's not what this thread is about

This thread is about the Congolese genocide and all the nations that have had a hand in it as well as the international community's voluntary blind eye to it

My side note was an interesting observation to the voice Obama tends to give when addressing Blacks (anywhere). If you watch the video, you will understand that Obama has not done everything that HE promised he would

BHM don't usually talk ish about Africans.
It's usually BHM ishing on AA's but that's neither here nor there.

Anywho while the US and other states have a big hand in African Nation it's not 100 percent the US's fault .

No , the way some African countries are ran internally on its on would have them collapse .

And tbh if given the chance you don't think African leaders would jump at the chance to dominate other countries?
Everyone always wants to have someone under their thumb

But yes the US's wealth is bloody and made of the backs of ppl they control

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:28pm
Alias I'm having a discussion and I probably won't stick to your script.
I also was not talking to you directly
I did watch the video.

Fall back

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
POWERFUL video.

Too bad I'm probably the only Brotha in here who watched the whole thing.

-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*

I was born in the DRC. I know that Kony was a scam, I just wonder why the same interest and energy can't be channeled towards other causes ( here and abroad). 

-------------

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:30pm

Who has said anything like this aside from maybe This1

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

POWERFUL video.

False

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:31pm
As rich in natural resources as the African continent is......

But y'all need to make up y'alls minds about the kind of involvement y'all want the US to have in african affairs.

If money is sent, it is embezzled by corrupt government officials and ends up in private hands or foreign banks.

If military action is engaged, y'all bytch and moan about invasions and collateral damage. Talmbout how evil US soldiers are.

So what does that leave? Flying over dropping money out of planes? Facebook pokes?

Lemme hear some well thought out plans that don't involve what the US did then, but rather what you think the US should do NOW. TIA!

-------------

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:32pm

POWERFUL video.

False

Let him have his moment

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:32pm

I was born in the DRC. I know that Kony was a scam, I just wonder why the same interest and energy can't be channeled towards other causes ( here and abroad). 

tbh If other causes are not blasted as much or even more than Kony 2012, most americans will not know much about them.  Americans just don't google places thinking "hey I wonder what part of Africa I can help with" well at least not most.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:34pm

POWERFUL video.

Im watching too

-------------

I don't expect Obama to do anything for the Congo. I am just happy that Clinton is no longer the Secretary of State and that Susan Rice will not be replacing her. Those two have always  given Rwanda a carte blanche to ride rough shod all over the DRC.  China  processes and benefits greatly from the minerals stolen from the Congo, so America's not going to want to step on China's feet ( the same thing is happening in Sudan with oil). 

-------------

Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

But y'all need to make up y'alls minds about the kind of involvement y'all want the US to have in african affairs.

If money is sent, it is embezzled by corrupt government officials and ends up in private hands or foreign banks.

If military action is engaged, y'all bytch and moan about invasions and collateral damage. Talmbout how evil US soldiers are.

So what does that leave? Flying over dropping money out of planes? Facebook pokes?

Lemme hear some well thought out plans that don't involve what the US did then, but rather what you think the US should do NOW. TIA!

Clap many thanks.

i try to say as little as possible about these African issues b/c i get the impression that a large number of members are African.

I created this thread

If you post without quoting anyone, im going to assume you are talking to the point in the OP
So why don't YOU fall back

Or better yet, watch the video before you make random assumptions

I did watch the video.

Fall back

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:36pm

I created this thread

If you post without quoting anyone, im going to assume you are talking to the point in the OP
So why don't YOU fall back

Or better yet, watch the video before you make random assumptions

I did watch the video.

Fall back

I did watch the snippet you pointed out now currently waatching the the video , never put words in your mouth.
TH wrong with you Alias.
I'm having a discussion , this is an open forum.

Again fall back

You just looking for ish to say at this point.

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:36pm

POWERFUL video.

False

Good.

-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:37pm
As the first "African American" POTUS, I expect Obama to keep his promise to African nations but maybe Im just being a lil naive

I truly wonder if John Kerry will continue the relationship US has to Rwanda and Congolese dictators
I will be keeping a close eye

I don't expect Obama to do anything for the Congo. I am just happy that Clinton is no longer the Secretary of State and that Susan Rice will not be replacing her. Those two have always  given Rwanda a carte blanche to ride rough shod all over the DRC.  China  processes and benefits greatly from the minerals stole from the Congo, so America's not going to want to step on China's feet ( the same thing is happening in Sudan with oil). 

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Clap many thanks.

i try to say as little as possible about these African issues b/c i get the impression that a large number of members are African.

let it out wonderland... Im african and I probably might agree with you.. who cares if you have a difference of opinion that's what makes you wonderfulWinkLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:40pm
Yes, we know

I'm just looking for ish to say at this point.

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:40pm
americans, can kind of make a difference.
it is easier to believe that you can't do anything i guess. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:41pm
You have to toe a fine line if you're talking a out long term sustainability without much tinkering .

You don't want to take away their culture and basically invade their territory even if with the best intent that could lead to assimilation

But just giving aid and walking away leads to corruption.

But really who helps anyone without gain for themselves when it comes to foreign policy?

Idk

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:42pm
We absolutely can

But the first step is being informed

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:43pm

Yes, we know

I'm just looking for ish to say at this point.

TH?
Seriously my post was more in response to purp .
You can tell that by the first line of that respone.

Don't know why you got offended and at the point right here I no longer care.

Good thread

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Sang Froid
It is what it is. 
I'm just glad it ain't me. 

-------------

Posted By: tasty0619

IA with alllllllllllllll of this!

Folks want help, but do they know what kind of help they want? How about some constructive ideas on what we can do with our time/money/efforts?

Or is this just another "I hate Obama" thread?

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:45pm

We absolutely can

yeah totally. but most learn this stuff to have conversations in classrooms
or expose others to be viewed as enlightened and above the usual american mindset. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:47pm
Our President is a piece of crap. We held elections last year and he cheated. He knew that the elections were going to be contested, so he sent the magistrates on a vacation 9 a magistrates' kid told me this). 

There are people who we would like to actually elect and move our country forward. That's why it pains me so much, when people here talk about not wanting to vote. I grew up in the DRC under Mobutu, I marched in protests, my school was looted and destroyed, I watched soldier rebels and went to bed listening to the sound of gunshots. I still remember my mother waking us up in the middle of the night and huddling in the hallway for fear of stray bullets.  

The Congolese want peace and prosperity, we just don't sit back and wait for The West to save us. We marched and protested against Mobutu, we also tried to vote out Kabila, but it seems that democracy might not be the answer for the DRC.   Forgive me for rambling and the grammatical errors, but this is all very upsetting. 

-------------

Some of yall are so dramatic... no one insinuated hatred for Obama
Damn... according to some Black folks, you either worship Obama or you hate his guts... so simple minded

Because you didn't catch it before, I mentioned that this thread was created to inform the masses of this history

Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

Folks want help, but do they know what kind of help they want? How about some constructive ideas on what we can do with our time/money/efforts?

let it out wonderland... Im african and I probably might agree with you.. who cares if you have a difference of opinion that's what makes you wonderfulWinkLOL

LOLwell that was such a Barney and Friends thing to say.  made me feel all tingly inside.Embarrassed

i'm watching the video on commercial breaks from RHOBH so i'll wait. Geek

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:48pm
Our President is a piece of crap. We held elections last year and he cheated. He knew that the elections were going to be contested, so he sent the magistrates on a vacation 9 a magistrates' kid told me this). 

There are people who we would like to actually elect and move our country forward. That's why it pains me so much, when people here talk about not wanting to vote. I grew up in the DRC under Mobutu, I marched in protests, my school was looted and destroyed, I watched soldier rebels and went to bed listening to the sound of gunshots. I still remember my mother waking us up in the middle of the night and huddling in the hallway for fear of stray bullets.  

The Congolese want peace and prosperity, we just don't sit back and wait for The West to save us. We marched and protested against Mobutu, we also tried to vote out Kabila, but it seems that democracy might not be the answer for the DRC.   Forgive me for rambling and the grammatical errors, but this is all very upsetting. 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:50pm
It's not just a question of money.  The people on top are extremely corrupt. 
Japan gave bags of semolina to the DRC as a humanitarian gift and the Congolese government turned around and sold it back to the people at a discounted price. The bags were still marked "gift from Japan" Confused.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:50pm

Keep talking Chuckz, rambling or not. You have actual first hand knowledge of the thread topic. You're basically the only reason I'm still in this messy thread.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:51pm

It's not just a question of money.  The people on top are extremely corrupt. 
Japan gave bags of semolina to the DRC as a humanitarian gift and the Congolese government turned around and sold it back to the people at a discounted price. The bags were still marked "gift from Japan" Confused.

I heard about that.  Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:54pm
What so you think would be the best solution Purp bc I can't think of any answers that don't come with other side effects .

Glad you're here on this topic

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:57pm
Alias-please.

That's awful@purp. Many of us want to help, but don't know what or how or who to give our aid to. Proof of that is the Kony saga, and then the feeling of betrayal once the curtain was lifted. Most of us feel like nobody should have to live through those things, ESPECIALLY children, but we are honestly at a loss. Not that we're this overflowing bucket of wealth, but whatever we can do we gladly would.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:57pm

I hope this doesn't sound cold hearted. But I think the way that your country may get that help is from the inside out. Most Americans don't give a flying crap what happens to your country and some would rather see it destroy it self. But generations of Africans who have left there and lived overseas can really make a difference, if they come together and go back to their homeland. This won't happen overnight, but it needs to happen. Americans have done more damage then good in most African countries that they tried to "help" with imho.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:01pm
I have no idea. 

I have cried and prayed for peace in the DRC, but have concluded that we are truly Censored 

Edited to add: Kabila has to go.  I wouldn't mind a military coup. As long as our new overlord secures our borders and pays government employees, we'd be willing to live without democracy. 

My cousins have expressed missing Mobutu. 

-------------

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:10pm

I hope this doesn't sound cold hearted. But I think the way that your country may get that help is from the inside out. Most Americans don't give a flying crap what happens to your country and some would rather see it destroy it self. But generations of Africans who have left there and lived overseas can really make a difference, if they come together and go back to their homeland. This won't happen overnight, but it needs to happen. Americans have done more damage then good in most African countries that they tried to "help" with imho.

Yes, I think that's the reason why nothing changes in those countries in Africa that are going through genocides, corrupt governments and what not...the PEOPLE need to fight. Waiting for the help of more democratic countries is like waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas's eve.
The blacks here had to fight for their rights in the 60's....if the people of those African countries started fighting, the rest of the world might notice (not just make lame documentaries about it or send money to corrupt "governments") and do something to help.

Just remember the Apartheid and the end of it.

-------------
hip measured is from fullest part on butt:
start: 32C-24-35

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9bbbc000b1aa15d0337a651ec6e3f36c/tumblr_n1g94wvCbW1rk74v1o1_400.gif

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hn7ui0.jpg

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:12pm

My side note was an interesting observation to the voice Obama tends to give when addressing Blacks (anywhere). If you watch the video, you will understand that Obama has not done everything that HE promised he would

Obama can't even look out for "his" people here who voted for his ass, so why are we surprised? Like reallyLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Yes, I think that's the reason why nothing changes in those countries in Africa that are going through genocides, corrupt governments and what not...the PEOPLE need to fight. Waiting for the help of more democratic countries is like waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas's eve.
The blacks here had to fight for their rights in the 60's....if the people of those African countries started fighting, the rest of the world might notice (not just make lame documentaries about it or send money to corrupt "governments") and do something to help.

Just remember the Apartheid and the end of it.

girl nooooo we do not agree.. That is not what I am saying at all.. I am African btw and I know the ish that goes on no matter how much we fight.. You have to take the empathetic part not the sympathetic one like you are saying. Not trying to leave you hanging, but you have no Idea what I am talking aboutSleepy

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:17pm
And on that note I would like to say (write) that I would never donate money to those fundraising telethons that send money to countries in distress.
Does anyone remember the earthquake in Haiti? Around 1 billion dollars in aid was contributed and that country is still in deep sh!t. I remember reading about thousands of inmates escaping jails and then there was this TWO YEAR OLD who had gonorrhea on her mouth......because she was raped orally. Cry
Just like purple.chuckz mentioned that the government of her country sold a gift from Japan, those countries that receive aid pocket the money and let the people on the same situation. If you really want to help, donate to a small organization that makes a difference. Red Cross is a joke too.

-------------

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9bbbc000b1aa15d0337a651ec6e3f36c/tumblr_n1g94wvCbW1rk74v1o1_400.gif

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:20pm
f8dagrate, I am sure you guys try, but it must be dangerous, especially with dictators hiding behind a democratic government's mask. At the same time, those million of people in camps waiting for help should do something. But it must be hard to even try when you lost all hope.

-------------

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:20pm

And on that note I would like to say (write) that I would never donate money to those fundraising telethons that send money to countries in distress.
Does anyone remember the earthquake in Haiti? Around 1 billion dollars in aid was contributed and that country is still in deep sh!t. I remember reading about thousands of inmates escaping jails and then there was this TWO YEAR OLD who had gonorrhea on her mouth......because she was raped orally. Cry
Just like purple.chuckz mentioned that the government of her country sold a gift from Japan, those countries that receive aid pocket the money and let the people on the same situation. If you really want to help, donate to a small organization that makes a difference. Red Cross is a joke too.
haiti<<<<<

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Obama can't even look out for "his" people here who voted for his ass, so why are we surprised? Like reallyLOL

I did read somewhere that now Obama would kick the bucket and do whatever the he wants.
I wish it was true.
He will be known in history as the worst president this country had, mark my words.

-------------

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:22pm

I remembered reading that Haiti saw VERY LITTLE of that aid moneyDisapprove

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:24pm

f8dagrate, I am sure you guys try, but it must be dangerous, especially with dictators hiding behind a democratic government's mask. At the same time, those million of people in camps waiting for help should do something. But it must be hard to even try when you lost all hope.

man sometimes looking at the problems facing many countries in Africa one may feel hoplessCry. But lucky I will go back one day and try to make a difference in my homeland no matter how small. Thanks for caring sexyStar, but research heavily before donating to anywhere if in America or Africa.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:46pm

Thanks for caring sexyStar, but research heavily before donating to anywhere if in America or Africa.

Trust me; I always do.

-------------

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:19pm

I remembered reading that Haiti saw VERY LITTLE of that aid moneyDisapprove
And that's a fact. Most of the money went to the so called charitable organizations, basically white folks supposedly there to "help". The rest of it went to corrupt officials within the country. Those "charitable organizations" are like the mafia. They take care of themselves. Very few haitians actually got so much as a dime, even the corrupt ones. Although some corrupt haitian officials profited from the donations, MOST OF IT WENT TO WHITE AID WORKERS. DO NOT GET IT TWISTED.  @ Sexy:  As far as the congo goes, it's easy for some to say that the solution is solely in the hands of expatriate congolese because y'all have NO IDEA of the kind of powers that are at play when there is coltan, gold and numerous other precious natural resources that the rest of the world likes to gorge on. It's just not that simple. Not that those expatriates can't play an important role in helping the country along but there are forces at play that are beyond them. To think otherwise is simplistic. Will watch the video tomorrow afternoon.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:36pm
Iam discusted too! we have to do something

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:39pm

Please have a seat \_

Nothing worse than a complaining educator. LOL  If you don't want to recognize how much power YOU have when you are passionate about something then I guess you are content with your ranting from a desk in front of a computer...shrug.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

I think it is...Sleepy

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:22am
Lol who said they hated Obama?

-------------

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:41am
repost

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 4:00am

there are actually many things the us govt can do to improve the situation in the congo.

it can start by removing its troops in countries that surround the congo and fund the rebels,

it can also start by denouncing its support for uganda and rwanda who seem to be pillaging at will with little repercussions and stop the sales of weapons to these two countries

it can also involve and support the un peace keeping troops by providing recon support

it can demand transparency and accountability for us owned firms that work in the congo such as a fare minimum wage and adherence to local labour laws

it can also petition the un to impose sanctions on belgium

it can exert pressure on the imf and the world bank to relieve the congo of its debt

ther is so much the us can do, but it wont, because basically this will impact on your conveneinces

as far as money being sent ending up in foreign accounts, what you see is a direct result of the wealth gap created by forces external to africa which has created an element of greed. furthermore, this is often a direct result of corporate sanctioned (with us military backing) kleptocracy.

and when good leaders who have the nations best interest at heart, the us secret service agencies make efforts to have those leaders assasinated or made political mutes because they threaten the money flow that funds your govt, your military your lifestyles

theeres an awful lot they can do, but they chose not to

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 5:10am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

there are actually many things heh us govt can do to improve the siotuation in the congo.

it can start by removing its troops in countries that surround the congo and fund the rebels,

it can also start by denouncing its support for uganda and rwanda who seem to be pillaging at will with little repercussions and stop the sales of weapons to these two countries

it can also involve and support the un peace keeping troops by providing recon support

it can demand transparency and accountability for us owned firms that work in the congo such as a fare minimum wage and adherence to local labour laws

it can also petition the un to impose sanctions on belgium

it can exert pressure on the imf and the world bank to relieve the congo of its debt

ther is so much the us can do, but it wont, because basically this will impact on your conveneinces

as far as money being sent ending up in foreign accounts, what you see is a direct result of the wealth gap created by forces external to africa which has created an element of greed. furthermore, this is often a direct result of corporate sanctioned (with us military backing) kleptocracy.

and when good leaders who have the nations best interest at heart, the us secret service agencies make efforts to have those leaders assasinated or made political mutes because they threaten the money flow that funds your govt, your military your lifestyles

theeres an awful lot they can do, but they chose not to

Sounds like what happened in Libya..

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 5:53am

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 6:37am
i remember watching that a few years ago

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:08am
But what country operates selflessly in practice not in theory

All of those sounds like UN preambulatory clauses

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:15am
Dp

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:23am
and we know the us throws its weight at the un

so technically, same difference

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:25am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

and we know the us throws its weight at the un

so technically, same difference

When we want to and when it benefits the US.
We went years without even paying their dues what essentially is a membership fee...

We even managed to get them reduced ...

I'm nt gonna poo poo the UN though it does alot of good.

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:12am

I did read somewhere that now Obama would kick the bucket and do whatever the he wants.
I wish it was true.
He will be known in history as the worst president this country had, mark my words.

I doubt that. If he is, it will be for all the wrong reasons.

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:30am

We absolutely can

Exactly.  You can't possible offer solutions if you have no idea what is really going on.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:42am
its not that people dont know whats going on,

the majority dont care, even when faced with raw facts

and then when you factor in what it means to their daily lives and a significant increase to their standard of living, many are willing to turn a blind eye

we are all complicit in some way or another, some moreso than others

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:29pm
Interesante.Unhappy

*sips tea*

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 3:18pm
Bumping for those who don't know the history

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 5:46pm
Interesting thread.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 6:53pm
Hmm

Print Page | Close Window