Print Page | Close Window

She couldnt just drop him off at the barbers?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=353082
Printed Date: Nov 12 2018 at 4:24pm

Topic: She couldnt just drop him off at the barbers?
Posted By: SweetNovember*
Subject: She couldnt just drop him off at the barbers?
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:41am
I...I don't even know what to say about all this. I don't know where to start. Ouch

-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?

Replies:
Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:42am
Just let your soooouuuull gloooow

..why do all that tho?

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:46am
she wants her baby to have good hair sooooo bad she puts extra strength chemicals on his head?
lawd

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:48am
lol I would be so embarrassed if I was that little boy 

-------------
yo

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:49am
But...his edges were still kinky in the front. Oh girl.LOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:05am
But what does a little boy need an S-curl for? Does he need an s-curl to go to school? To play outside? Why does he need it? And she's going through all that to make him look like what she feels is "presentable."Oh hell no, my little bro would have been in that barber's chair with the quickness. My mom said "Cut it ALLLLL off, leave nothing, that's the longer I can wait before we have to come back." This can't be healthy for him emotionally.

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:06am
po chile.   and she shoulda used the other side of the comb.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: Organic
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:08am
Lord have his mercy.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:11am
And it don't even look like she's doing it right. Why is she putting it on his ends that have already been processed? Is it even getting to the roots? Why is she combing it? Gone have this chile out here missing his hairline wtf Confused

-------------

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:14am
Does she secretly want a girl or something?...this was just unnecessary 

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:19am
The mom is probably thinking along the same lines of moms who give their daughters perms/texlax. Easier to manage, more 'presentable', etc.

I have a feeling peer pressure will soon have him not wanting to let his mom perm his hair.Dead

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:22am
His finished product reminds me of those black boys in high school in the goth or skater cliques who think they're white so they use let's jam on their hair. That whole style is a fail. What does her hair look like?

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Does she secretly want a girl or something?...this was just unnecessary 

I wanted to say she should have had a daughter but I didn't want to go there. But this is just wrong. She needs to put this in perspective. She is making her SON sit in a chair with a towel wrapped around his shoulders while she applies chemicals to his hair to make it straighter. And then she said she blew out the front. No little boy's hair should be played with that much. Just cut it off. She needs her ass whooped.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:25am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

His finished product reminds me of those black boys in high school in the goth or skater cliques who think they're white so they use let's jam on their hair. That whole style is a fail. What does her hair look like?

Lol riiiiiiight. LOL

-------------

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:37am
kid has gorgeous skin

-------------

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:43am
Sleepy

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:52am
where the hell is his daddy and why did he let her make a fool of that poor boy? I'd secretly grab a razor and cut my own hair while she wasnt around if I were him

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:59am

-------------

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 2:56am
POOR CHILD!

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 3:46am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Lmao

-------------

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:09am
there really is no reason to do that to boy.  sure you can use the argument that it makes the hair more manageable but so would a hair cut or braids.   she wanted that baby to look like something he wasnt born to be.  i wish all the people who really dont want black babies the way they are would stop having them and choose their mates closer to race they want their children to look like and be done with it. we'd be a smaller community but we'd also be a stronger one.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:18am
I don't see what was wrong with him just wearing it in a afro

-------------

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:37am
not sure why we care so much

its really her kid, he isnt suffering any kind of abuse whatsoever so really we shouldnt care

and its only hair tbh

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:59am
LOL I died as soon as she brought out the box with that grown ass man on it

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:01am
My sister couldn't manage my nephew's hair so she cut it. Now she's regretting it because she liked him better with hair LOL

-------------
yo

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:08am
I really hope y'all don't go in on that lady.
While she did do something outside the norm she didn't do anything wrong

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:12am
she has beautiful eyes.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:21am
*holds back comment*

-------------
yo

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:35am
This curl obsession has gone haywire. I admit my little brother did wear that mess back in 2002 at like age 11 or 12 but it was always a mess and he eventually learned to love his natural afro pattern in high school and never permed it again. He is very aware that he has not a single curl and is okay with that as a real man should. Where is his daddy?

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

not sure why we care so much

its really her kid, he isnt suffering any kind of abuse whatsoever so really we shouldnt care

and its only hair tbh

bald Brotha comment

-------------

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:50am
She's not harming him, true, but I guess folks wonder if she's doing it for him or for her. He looks a little young to care that much, but hey.

I take my baby to the barbershop faithfully.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:51am
I think you guys are being a little harsh. My brother asked for one when he was 11, so we gave him one. We did it wrong, so he needed to shave his head. Now he has a low fade. He is 16 now. My brother asked for a fro too at 9, then he had a hi-top fade at 10. His hair changed almost as much as mine. Maybe her son asked for it. Confused

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I think you guys are being a little harsh. My brother asked for one when he was 11, so we gave him one. We did it wrong, so he needed to shave his head. Now he has a low fade. He is 16 now. My brother asked for a fro too at 9, then he had a hi-top fade at 10. His hair changed almost as much as mine. Maybe her son asked for it. Confused

She should have said noLOL

-------------

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:01am
Awww that's not fair yall... I braid my sons hair all the time. Its either in 2 strand twists or braids. He has APL length and he doesn't want to cut it. People ask me all the time did I secretly want a girl and I'm like what does that have to do with anything???

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

she loves wigs and weaves

not sure why her hair looks like that, could be a serious heath issue or she has shaved her hairline back

Based on her hairline, she is not qualified enough to put chemicals on someone else's head. Heaven help her daughter. I hope they've made Just For Me more mild now.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

I can't argue with that. If her son asked for it though, I'm not mad at her. My brother's s-curl phase lasted 2 weeks. He wasn't about that activator life. Everyone in my immediate family is natural now though. Maybe it is just a phase for her son. Everyone goes through phases.

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:36pm
in 7th grade i snuck in my moms perm kit and hooked myself up with one of them pre-muslim malcom x conks. my hair was laid.

-------------
God bless

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:38pm

Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

in 7th grade i snuck in my moms perm kit and hooked myself up with one of them pre-muslim malcom x conks. my hair was laid.

pics?

Lmaooo

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:38pm

pics?

*waits*

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:40pm

I can't argue with that. If her son asked for it though, I'm not mad at her. My brother's s-curl phase lasted 2 weeks. He wasn't about that activator life. Everyone in my immediate family is natural now though. Maybe it is just a phase for her son. Everyone goes through phases.

I have a feeling it was her idea.  I hope it just a phase though. 

SN:  Did she use the super kind?  Don't they have one for childrenLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:44pm

I agree. The whole doing a tutorial thing, makes it seem like her idea. She seemed too happy to do it.

We actually did try to talk my brother out of it. Sometimes people just have to experience it. S-curls are very damaging to your hair. The activators are drying. It is a terrible cycle.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:48pm

My sister did that too her son about that age too. We laughed and called him Ricky Ricardo.

I don't cut my son's hair. He wears it in a sort afro when he lets me brush it. I didn't want a girl. I just like his hair. But you won't see me adding some S-curl or whatever to it.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:49pm

I agree. The whole doing a tutorial thing, makes it seem like her idea. She seemed too happy to do it.

We actually did try to talk my brother out of it. Sometimes people just have to experience it. S-curls are very damaging to your hair. The activators are drying. It is a terrible cycle.

Exactly..

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

My sister did that too her son about that age too. We laughed and called him Ricky Ricardo.

I don't cut my son's hair. He wears it in a sort afro when he lets me brush it. I didn't want a girl. I just like his hair. But you won't see me adding some S-curl or whatever to it.
sorry no pics but it was pretty bad tbh. i didn't master the curl until Ginuwine hit the scene when i was in high school. if you didn't have a curl then you were a lame.

when do you plan on cutting lil man's hair?

-------------
God bless

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:57pm
I wouldn't be mad about it if his hair didn't look so fvked up, imo it's no different than slapping a relaxer in a girls hair. He look about the age I was when I begged for a relaxer Ouch It looks like he got a bad perm, I wonder if he gets teased a lot.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:00pm

sorry no pics but it was pretty bad tbh. i didn't master the curl until Ginuwine hit the scene when i was in high school. if you didn't have a curl then you were a lame.

Lol when I was in high school guys would have gotten clowned for rocking a curl

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:06pm

Lol when I was in high school guys would have gotten clowned for rocking a curl

a full on afro-jheri curl is a recipe for disaster. if its styled right, it can be pulled off imho. 

-------------
God bless

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:24pm
Smh

-------------
Domin

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:34pm
I think it was her idea because she said "I've been growing out his hair since Easter." People who don't have their own hair usually want to live vicariously through their child. She is picking through his hair discussing his texture and stuff. Girl what? That is a boy! Bragging on how thick it is. She needs to stop. Grow your own hair and let that child go outside and play.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I think it was her idea because she said "I've been growing out his hair since Easter." People who don't have their own hair usually want to live vicariously through their child. She is picking through his hair discussing his texture and stuff. Girl what? That is a boy! Bragging on how thick it is. She needs to stop. Grow your own hair ad let that child go outside and play.

Lol and why she say it was thick like it's a bad thing

-------------

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:47pm
braiding, locking and twisting I don't mind but chemicals are way too harsh for children. What if the stuff fell into his eye???

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 2:08pm

But what does a little boy need an S-curl for? Does he need an s-curl to go to school? To play outside? Why does he need it? And she's going through all that to make him look like what she feels is "presentable."Oh hell no, my little bro would have been in that barber's chair with the quickness. My mom said "Cut it ALLLLL off, leave nothing, that's the longer I can wait before we have to come back." This can't be healthy for him emotionally.

I feel the same way when they give little girls relaxers.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Allure. Allure. wrote:

I feel the same way when they give little girls relaxers.

True, to a certain extent, but this has a "girliness" factor which bothers me.

-------------

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 2:22pm

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Oh, so she and Naomi Campbell have the same hair stylist, eh?

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 2:57pm
I wouldn't want her anywhere near my head

-------------

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 3:27pm
Oh no I see a severe case of the imaginary, absentee edges, she couldnt come anywhere near me talmbout doing any processes of any kind, not even a corn row, for fear that my edges would be on the lam!!

Whilst Im at it, I feel the need to share, its long so for all the non readers... sowweee!!!

Listen- My moms baby sister is 5 years my senior, and she has always been delusional. Out pops her son/my little cousin, whom she's determined to pass down her delusions of grandeur to.

My cousin (from birth) had very nice, thick, natural hair. That wasnt the problem. The issue, every saturday am, when all the other little boys are playing AAU, Little League, or at the local barber shop, my little cousin had a beautician and would be at the salon getting his hair washed, blow dried, and corn rows w/ crazy designs down his back, and gel'd down new born hairs.

Oftentimes, because of his beloved hair, he wanted nothing to do with sports at all, for fear of "sweating it out-or his roots swelling." FF- he turns 10 and my aunt is determined to "LET HIS NATURAL CURL PATTERN UNVEIL ITSELF," by cutting it off (to about 3-4 inches) and having the beautician put an Al B Sure in this little negroes head.

Wait a minute Auntie- if you're processing it, thats not going to be HIS natural curl pattern- but I digress. We the family, absolutely lost it on her azz, we were altogether for the holidays, and this little boy about 11/12 by now, was walking around BASING HIS SCALP- before going to the salon, talking about he didnt want "no scabs"!!! I asked him why was he still getting a curl, and he quickly replied, "to make his curls more manageable because his daddy (who has been an absentee parent since the beginning of time) was dominican" ...

Not the bearer of bad news, we fell out laughing at his claims, and when he walked away, I said, shhhittt. We know his daddy- he doesnt but we do, and the only thing he has in common with the Dominicans, is his love of baseball... Da hell??? And what does that even mean, Ive encountered some nappy headed dominicans...

He's now 15, and the delusions I tell ya, have gotten the best of him! Its not cool. Braid it, lock it, cut it, but when you start getting your son a wash, press, and set, or when your son is walking around with vaseline basing his scalp/face and neck, you have some splainin' to do lol!!! And before you ask, I dont think he's gay or feminine. He's actually very handsome, considers himself a 'pretty boy' and loves girls. He's just way too in to himself, and my aunt's created a monster... All because her hair chooses to grow on the sides of her face, chin and neck and not her head.

-------------
I Would rather eat crumbs with bums than share steak with snakes-

The token "instigatory thanks" on nonsenical posts always kill me.

Posted By: FarrahTheLibra
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 3:43pm
She gave that lil boy a process!

That Censored looks a mess. 

Got him lookin' like a wet Dominican.

Po' lil tink.

Posted By: FarrahTheLibra
Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

Oh no I see a severe case of the imaginary, absentee edges, she couldnt come anywhere near me talmbout doing any processes of any kind, not even a corn row, for fear that my edges would be on the lam!!

Whilst Im at it, I feel the need to share, its long so for all the non readers... sowweee!!!

Listen- My moms baby sister is 5 years my senior, and she has always been delusional. Out pops her son/my little cousin, whom she's determined to pass down her delusions of grandeur to.

My cousin (from birth) had very nice, thick, natural hair. That wasnt the problem. The issue, every saturday am, when all the other little boys are playing AAU, Little League, or at the local barber shop, my little cousin had a beautician and would be at the salon getting his hair washed, blow dried, and corn rows w/ crazy designs down his back, and gel'd down new born hairs.

Oftentimes, because of his beloved hair, he wanted nothing to do with sports at all, for fear of "sweating it out-or his roots swelling." FF- he turns 10 and my aunt is determined to "LET HIS NATURAL CURL PATTERN UNVEIL ITSELF," by cutting it off (to about 3-4 inches) and having the beautician put an Al B Sure in this little negroes head.

Wait a minute Auntie- if you're processing it, thats not going to be HIS natural curl pattern- but I digress. We the family, absolutely lost it on her azz, we were altogether for the holidays, and this little boy about 11/12 by now, was walking around BASING HIS SCALP- before going to the salon, talking about he didnt want "no scabs"!!! I asked him why was he still getting a curl, and he quickly replied, "to make his curls more manageable because his daddy (who has been an absentee parent since the beginning of time) was dominican" ...

Not the bearer of bad news, we fell out laughing at his claims, and when he walked away, I said, shhhittt. We know his daddy- he doesnt but we do, and the only thing he has in common with the Dominicans, is his love of baseball... Da hell??? And what does that even mean, Ive encountered some nappy headed dominicans...

He's now 15, and the delusions I tell ya, have gotten the best of him! Its not cool. Braid it, lock it, cut it, but when you start getting your son a wash, press, and set, or when your son is walking around with vaseline basing his scalp/face and neck, you have some splainin' to do lol!!! And before you ask, I dont think he's gay or feminine. He's actually very handsome, considers himself a 'pretty boy' and loves girls. He's just way too in to himself, and my aunt's created a monster... All because her hair chooses to grow on the sides of her face, chin and neck and not her head.

That fact that I just read all this though...LOL

Why black people so obsessed with hair? She gon ruin that lil boy.

Print Page | Close Window