Print Page | Close Window

DJs apology to his wife on air...corny or sweet?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352969
Printed Date: Aug 17 2018 at 8:20am

Topic: DJs apology to his wife on air...corny or sweet?
Posted By: Random Thoughts
Subject: DJs apology to his wife on air...corny or sweet?
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:22am
...this is a repost..kind of. But I have a different question than Bunny had with her thread.

Basically this dude DJ Envy of The Breakfast Club called his wife yesterday on air and apologized for being a bad husband. The segment was a lot longer (full version in Bunny's thread) but I cut it down to just the phone call since that's what I'm interested in.

Do you think his apology was sweet? Or was it a cornball move to air all of that on the radio?

Since this is radio the entire segment was prolly staged (I read his wife is gonna be on one of those reality shows I don't watch), but for arguments sake, put yourself in that situation. Would you appreciate your boo wearing his heart on his sleeve on radio if y'all were going through problems?

Replies:
Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:28am
No, I don't think it was sweet. He takes too much pride in his cars, sneakers, jewelry, and stories about Rollin with rappers throughout the years for me to see this as being sincere. He is one of those inherently flashy, cocky guys from NY. This is just my impression of him from the Breakfast Club. Guys use the same apology speech format...it's like finding a resume template online.

Eta: oh, so it was staged? Nvm then. I still think he is a cocky ny personality.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:28am
He put all of their business on front street. I'd be mad about that.Stern Smile

lol Anywho, I don't know what to make of it because I don't know their situation or personalities. She sounded hella uncomfortable though.

As far as for myself, actions speak louder than words so I would not really care for a public apology.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:34am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

No, I don't think it was sweet. He takes too much pride in his cars, sneakers, jewelry, and stories about Rollin with rappers throughout the years for me to see this as being sincere. He is one of those inherently flashy, cocky guys from NY. This is just my impression of him from the Breakfast Club. Guys use the same apology speech format...it's like finding a resume template online.

Eta: oh, so it was staged? Nvm then. I still think he is a cocky ny personality.

Ionno if it was staged. But I tend to think most radio segments are lol.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:37am
I don't mean to derail your thread but I have a question that you might have the answer to...have you heard that infamous prank call where the wife tells hubby the baby isn't his for kanye tickets? If so, was that real?

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:40am
Yeah I heard it. I assume most of those prank calls are staged. Entertaining though. 

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:42am
No I wouldn't appreciate it.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:47am
his move was slick

served more purpose than one

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

his move was slick

served more purpose than one

yeah but slick moves is probably what got him in trouble in first place.

man go home and handle your business. ole girl probably got the lawyer on speed dialLOL

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 8:31am
The call was sweet bc she wasn't listening to the radio to hear what he said before he called. Everything he said before that call came from the heart. Idk if they got a call from upstairs urging him to call, but everything he said before then was great. He admitted he was wrong and did what many men with money do, buy things, like that fixes the problem.

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:15am
theyve been married for ages though

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:20am
what did he do to prompt alla dat?

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:24am
why do on air personalities like calling their spouses and asking them questions and stuff? i have always found that weird.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:34am
thats what ive always disliked about that personality type that always needs attention.  must everything be a spectacle?

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:57am
i only know about the 2 thru star and bucwild

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:22am
envy is a pirate... thats all that matters to me.

pirate pride.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:05pm
11 years is ages now? LOL

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

theyve been married for ages though

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:10pm
11 years is ages to me at their age.

The call was wack.

-------------
Domin

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:15pm
He said they've been together for 17 years. 

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:19pm
I didn't listen
But I wouldn't want my husband to put our business out there like that. 
I'm a very serious person when it comes to values, showing you know me through your actions etc. 
After all those years, I'd hope my husband would remember that I am easily embarrassed and that I would be mortified by such a thing.  

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:36pm
No that is not cool because he is putting that on air for a show so I wouldn't trust his sincerity. She handled it well though. She said call me after the show for a reason. She should report back to followup how he is at home because actions speak louder than words.

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Print Page | Close Window